Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 System Failure -IC-

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:27 am

Ronin was waiting for Logan outside of the building. Logan walks past the security guard standing there talking to Sarah. The Sec Guard was obviously trying to make up some excuse to call the girl down there (Not to mention that the Sec Guard is all googlie eyed with the young woman):

Sec. Guard: “I wanted to remind you that building policy is that there is no smoking allowed within the complex”

Sarah: “Some on Frank, you know that neither Lizzy nor I smoke.” (she is obviously trying to stay up wind of the guards smoke)

Frank the Sec. Guard: “We have gotten some complaints lately. You didn’t burn you latest masterpiece did you?”

Sarah: Responds by punching him in the arm and saying, “Shut up, Seriously is this all that you called me down here for? A bunch of BS complaints?”

Frank: “I’m required to talk to people whenever we receive any type of complaint, regardless of the BS level. But anyway, while you are here: do you have any plans Friday night? I’m actually not scheduled this week, some new guy is stuck with it.”

Sarah, “Ha, in your dreams Frank. Besides I’ve got a date already.” She gives a quick glance to where Ronin is standing waiting for Logan, Frank missed the glance.

The Sec guard is obviously not looking at Logan as he walks by.

As Logan joins with Ronin she falls into step beside him. “The young woman informed me that our mark is on a camping trip in the Salish Sidhe Territories, somewhere along the coast. Something about getting back to nature after breaking up with her boyfriend. Also it appears that I have a date this Friday night.” The samurai persona breaks for a moment and just for a second the young woman appears with a sweet happy smile before it is lost once again. “Did you find anything of interest upstairs?”

After waiting for Logan’s reply:

“So what is our move now? Do you know any ways into NAN territory?”

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Logan tries to jog his memory about the photo.
Memory = 5 dice
3 hits

Logan eyes Ronin's apparent attraction to Sarah who is probably still fending off the dorm guard's advances. But as it is none of his concern, as long as Ronin handles her end of their job, that is, he keeps his mind focused on the matter at hand. The two circle opposite sides of the HumVee and get in. Logan pauses before starting the engine, showing Ronin the photo he took from the girl's room.

"Anything about this strike you? Remind you of anything Sarah may have said?" he asks, watching Ronin's face for any sign of recognition or maybe that glint of mental connection made unexpectedly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:19 am

perception (9d6.hits(5)=1)

Ronin took a long look at the photograph that Logan handed her. It showed their mark with a group of friends out at a campground. The Pacific Ocean could be seen in the back ground. A sweat lodge was off to one side. The corner of a building just barely makes it into the picture. Ronin was about to pass the photo back to her partner when something caught her eye. In the background just above the tops of the trees was a carving. One of those carving’s that were common with the local native, a bunch of animals stacked on top of each other.

Ronin points it out to, “I don’t remember what those are called but maybe that will help narrow down the search.”

Logan can see it now, but in the background was the tops of some totem poles. With a little luck and some matrix mojo he may be able to determine the area that the picture was taken at. If they were lucky, then maybe their mark used the same campground often.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 am

Logan studied the totem pole for a moment then put the truck in gear. He wanted to do a data search for the location of the- what? resort? lodge?- but here was not the best place for that. As he backed out of the parking space, he relayed his plan to Ronin.

"Good job, that's as good a place to start our search as any. But we'd best get somewhere a little less conspicuous."

This last was said just as a security cruiser passed by, though neither of the sec goons inside gave them more than a passing glance.

Logan rolled the HumVee to the end of the parking lot driveway, glanced calmly at the cruiser to make sure it was continuing on its normal patrol route, then turned in the opposite direction and headed away from the campus region.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:11 am

Alright, Where would you like to go at this point. Its still in the evening, say 7 pm or so. The security pays the humvee no heed as it leaves their jurisdiction.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Logan drove away from their mark's apartment; for the time being headed back towards his own residence. Accessing his implanted commlink, he set his agent program to searching the Matrix for anything on the camping resort in the photograph.

Pilot 4 + Response 4 = 8 dice
1 hit

The agent came up with a location, though the match was of only a general status, but he fed the info into the HumVee's onboard navigation system and then let the vehicle's Pilot program take over the driving.

"I figure we'll head on out to the camping grounds," he told Ronin. "Then if it gets too dark or we come up with zilch, we can take rooms there and get a fresh start in the morning. Sound good to you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:06 am

The hit that the Agent returns lists the camp ground as “Padowaname Nature Retreat: A resort for those who want to get back to nature.” The list of amenities is rather short and is pretty much limited to some sparse cabins and a communal lodge with showers and plumbing. Obviously a lot closer to nature than most people in the ‘plex get (though to many a hot shower is luxury) but still not exactly living off of the land. Other services include sweat lodges, spiritual journeys, and traditional Native American celebrations. The price listed are fairly reasonable except for the spiritual journey which involves a month long retreat (and a warning that the Padowaname Nature Retreat, it’s affiliates or personal are not responsible to damages, physical or emotional suffered by participants of the Spiritual Journal Retreat program).

Ronin nods in agreement to Logan’s plan and then closes her eyes. It isn’t long before her breathing reaches the deep steady breathing of sleep. Kitsune curls up in her lap and goes to standby mode.

The Humvee makes it was across the ‘plex with no problem. Logan knows the routes to take to avoid unwanted attention from either the Star or Gangers. The military style vehicle is imposing enough by itself to deter most people stupid enough to want to start trouble.

So things are going good, that is until the team tries to leave the ‘Plex.

The queue to cross from UCAS territory into Salish-Sidhe lands wasn’t very long and the Border Patrol very efficient at taking care of everything and sending people on their way. When it is time for Logan to pass through, a man wearing the uniform of the SSBP smiles and taps on the driver side window, “Passport and Visa please,” he announces.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:06 am

Negotiation 2 + Charisma 2 + Edge 5 = 9 dice
2 hits

He could have face-palmed himself! Here he was at the border checkpoint and he was ill prepared. But there was nothing for it, he'd have to try and shmooze his way through. The bribe ploy worked for the rent-a-cop...perhaps it was worth a try here as well.

Logan smiled back at the SSBP officer as he beamed over an offer of 500¥.

"Listen pal, I'm trying to get the little lady here," he twitched a nod in Ronin's direction at this, "to her sister on the other side. Her Papa's prostrate cancer has taken a turn for the worse and the docs aren't giving him much time."

Without being too obvious about it, Logan sneaks small peeks at the guard as he speaks, trying to gauge the effect of his story.

"Sure, you'd say 'why not call,' and you'd be right as rain about that," another nod at the still snoozing Ronin, but with a touch of exasperation for good measure, "but her sis is visiting one of those back-to-nature preserves and has her commlink turned off. Says 'it enhances the experience.' Lot of trouble is what I call it. So what d'you say? Can you help me out here, omae?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:07 am

OOC: When you use edge on a roll you get to reroll 6's for the possibility of more successes. Also since the outcome of this negotiation would be harmful to the Border guard Logan is at -3 dice. I just dropped the last 3 results from your roll, and I rerolled the 6's (no additional successes) just to keep things moving along.

Border Guard Negotiation (5d6.hits(5)=2)

Border Guard perception (8d6.hits(5)=1)

IC:
The Border patrol agent gives Logan a long look (I am assuming that Logan rolled down his window to speak to the Guard), then looked at Ronin and at what he could see in the humvee itself. He then quickly denied the bribe.

"Alright Omae," he said the word with a snear (he obviously didn't care for the term), "I can't you through without the proper permits. The consulate in Downtown Seattle opens tomorrow at 0830 hours, they will be able to help you there."

He pauses but doesn't turn away from the window, "Also, if I catch you trying to enter our lands again without the proper permits or trying to bribe anyone else, I'll arrest your hoop and you can spend the next 4-9 years in a Salish prison camp. Now get out of here." He steps away from the humvee allowing it room to turn around.

Logan's PAN System 4, firewall 6 (10d6.hits(5)=4)
Border Hacker System 5 + whatever program 5 (10d6.hits(5)=7)

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:16 pm

The look on Logan's face as he turned the Humvee around would have had mothers dragging their children indoors and shopowners pulling closed their security shutters. Above all else in this fragged up world, he hated looking stupid.
As he pulled away, though, he kept the truck within the legal speed limit. He'd have sooner chewed off his own leg - cyber implants and all - before letting that smug bastitch of a border guard think he was fleeing.

He considered his options at this point: he could contact the Johnson and request a coyote contact, but the Johnson might inquire why he'd waited so long to call; he could wake Ronin and ask if she had any relevant contacts herself, but again, he might have to explain his error; he could try and find a way across the border himself, but that was a long shot that would most likely prove futile; or he could simply find a suitable room - or rooms - and do some planning with Ronin.

It was the thought of sitting comfortably somewhere - perhaps with a cup or two of soycafe - that decided him. Maybe it was just trying to plan while driving that had him so on-edge. A room where they could examine their options and think things through would go a long way towards achieving their objective.

So, with a destination in mind, Logan sped up the Humvee... and to Hades with that border guard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:11 am

It was known as the Tree View Motel.

And it was a total dump. But it was also the type of place that didn't ask questions, accepted multiple forms of currency, and respected the privacy of its customers (or just didn't care enough to pry into their business). Though, for whatever reason, they provided complimentary soy-caf with a room rental. Sure you had to walk down to the office to fill up your cup, but it was pretty good stuff. Now we aren't talking starbucks quality but definitely better than the local Denny's.

Logan pulled into the complex and requested a room over the matrix, the transaction completed quickly and he was directed to the last room in the row. Pulling into the parking place and killing the engine woke up Ronin. She looked around and at the Motel, "We aren't there yet." It wasn't a question just a simple statement of fact. The reasons didn't matter, she knew that Logan would fill her in on the detail.

Reaching into the back of the humvee she grabbed to pack and got out, stretching tight muscles she looked at the rows of doors, "Which one is ours?" She headed towards the room, sliding her Tanto out of it's shealth. She has worked the shadows long enough that entering a room armed was second nature to her.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Logan calmly retrieved his short-barrelled shotguns and nodded quietly at their rental room when Ronin asked.
Following her to the door, he stood to one side, gave them a moment to mentally prepare - focusing themselves on dealing with any threat that might possibly lie within - then he executed the mental command that would submit the authorized-entry code to the door's maglock.

No planning was necessary. Survival was as ingrained in them as drawing the next breath. Logan, by virtue of being the taller of the two, would go in high, Ronin low. She didn't need to be told, she already knew. When you ran the shadows, the time it took to discuss tactics could be the difference between a payday and a bodybag.

The instant the maglock released, Logan shoved the door open and swept the interior with both eyes followed by both shotgun barrels. He didn't have to look down, he knew Ronin was doing the same. Each of them were keenly aware that they were both responsible for themselves and each other. It was the only way -- the way of the shadows.

Perception test
1 hit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 am

the room appeared to be empty as the two runners scanned it for any type of hostile. moving into the bathroom and checking the closed yielded the same results.

after making sure the room was secure Ronin plopped down on the bed and stretched out like a cat. Without even looking at Logan she asks, "Alright so where do we go from here?" Then hopping up out of the bed she dashed to the bathroom in the playful manner that sometimes seizes her and turn on the show.

"Yay!!!," she cries out in joy, "The hot water works." She leaves the bathroom door open and piece by piece everything she is wearing gets tossed out of the open door. Ronin hums loudly while she is in the shower.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:28 am

While Ronin enjoyed her shower, Logan slipped his Desperadoes into their holsters which were strapped to his back under his camouflaged jacket. The jacket did not completely conceal the weapons, but a casual observer would most likely be unable to identify the bulge as firearms.

He stepped over to the bathroom door to let his partner know that he was leaving the room for a few minutes but would be right back.
That done, he went out the door and down the walk towards the motel office. A cup or two of soycafe sounded like a good idea right now; it would allow him to stay awake and alert while he searched for a coyote to smuggle them across the border.

On the way he checked the parking lot for any sign of surveillance, but it was only a cursory examination. Surveillance teams typically kept their presence as hidden as possible. Still it was wise to let the watchers know that you had enough sense to be on the lookout and were not just a sitting duck.

At the office Logan stepped inside and glanced around. The clerk was busy going over the rental policy with another tenant, so Logan, after a quick once-over at the prospective renter, quietly walked to the soycafe machine. The first rule in getting others to stay out of your biz was to mind your own.
He filled two cups with the steaming hot liquid and started back to his and Ronin's room. After her snooze on the trip out, Ronin probably wouldn't really need the extra caffeine, but the offer wouldn't hurt. Besides, if she didn't want it, it was just more for him.

He pushed out through the office door and made his way back up the walk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 am

As far as Logan can tell, they are not being watched (specifically, not any more than the ever-present cameras and matrix connections already watch everyone). Actually this particular establishment has much less surveillance and matrix activity that Logan is used to (either that or they are all better hidden).

Returning to the room Logan find that Ronin has returned to her more normal stoic self and is standing in the middle of the room once again wearing her FFBA and holding her Katana at the ready. She doesn’t even twitch a muscle as Logan opens the door. Her wet hair is the only indication of her romp in the shower. She politely turns down the soy-caf asking if there is any tea available. She takes the lack of tea in stride and returns her blade to its scabbard. She moves to sit on the bed, watching Logan as he moves about the room. She isn’t sure what is going on or where the plan goes from here, but her partner will explain and they can figure things out from there.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 am

Logan gave Ronin plenty of space; not out of concern - he had no cause to fear her blades - but only in case the sammie meant to practice her swordplay. Once he was certain this was not the case, he moved around to the other side of the small room. Placing both cups of soycafe on the nightstand, he sat beside Ronin on the bed.

"We're going to need a coyote to get across the border," he said, and then went on to tell her about his encounter with the border patrolman. He spoke in short, flat sentences, relating the bare facts, leaving out his anger and embarrasment at himself for attempting such a foolhardy stunt.

"Unless you have a pertinent contact, I'm going to try our Johnson and/or the 'Trix for a likely candidate..."

He paused, eyebrows raised inquisitively for a response from Ronin before he went on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:46 am

“A coyote?” Ronin give her partner a quizzical look, “What good is a mangy scavenger doing to do us?”

She thought for a moment, “I do not know if they can help us or not but I do know a few people who may be able to get us across, or will at least know someone. Let me try them before we contact our employer and let him know that there is something we cannot do.”

Ronin pulled out her commlink and started futzing with it. For whatever reason watching Ronin trying to work her ‘link was like watching someone’s grandmother trying to figure it out for the first time. The biggest difference between Ronin and Grandma is that eventually Ronin figured it out, mostly because she didn’t have any grandchildren to help her out.

Etiquette 3 + Cha 5 = asking a favor (8d6.hits(5)=5)

OOC: Holy CRAP!


Ronin calls up her Fixer, they go back to when she first started working the shadows and have a strong relationship. Ronin simply explains to him that they need to cross into Salish territory and that they need to do it quickly. She disconnects and looks at Logan, "A friend is making a few calls and will try to put us in contact with someone.” About 30 seconds later Ronin receives an incoming call, she patches Logan in.

Appearing in a chat window on your PANs is a very skinny and young (17ish) girl, “So the saint tell me that you folks need a ride. The name is Nailz and I can get you wherever it is you need to go. I don’t come cheap but you’ll have a hard time finding anyone better. So where you at? Where you going? And how soon do you need to get there?”

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Logan considered explaining the term 'coyote' to Ronin but decided it was pointless. The samurai woman's skills in some areas more than made up for her lack of knowledge in others. He also started to assist her in the search for one of the 'mangy scavengers' when he saw that too was pointless. The speed with which his partner had scored a hit was almost spooky, and Logan had to consider the possibility that Ronin's sometimes demure-sometimes sexy-always kind of 'out-to-lunch' demeanor might be nothing more than a well-practiced facade. Not for the first time, the big cybered runner was glad he was not facing off against his partner in a dark alley somewhere.

He raised an eyebrow at Ronin when the contact filling his HUD finally slowed down enough to allow a word in edgewise, but Ronin only looked back at him expectantly (and a touch impatiently too, he noted,) so he cleared his throat and gave the coyote what info he had, beaming over a copy of the photo in case it helped identify the specific location.

"That's all we got," he added, once the photo transfer was completed. "We need to get there ASAP, but without attracting too much attention, neh?"

It couldn't be helped, but Logan disliked putting himself in the hands - capable or otherwise - of others. It wasn't that he overly mistrusted other runners - no more or less than anyone else, that was - but if he screwed up on a job it was he who had to face the consequences. When someone else fragged up... it looked bad when trying to explain to a Johnson that it was the other guy's fault. Johnsons usually found other 'applicants' for future work, even if it really was the other guy's fault.

This, however, should not prove too intrusive to the task at hand; and, of course, they had little in the way of other choices for getting into Salish-Shidhe territory. And if things went well enough crossing over, then crossing back should be a breeze too... right?

All of this went through Logan's mind in a blink, and he waited while their prospective smuggler studied their situation. She had them over a barrel and was probably well aware of it. Coyotes and smugglers knew their worth, especially if they were any good at their craft. Runners often found themselves having to get from one sector to another, and unless you had a great ID forger in your little black book, or could sell ice to Eskimos, these border infiltrators were the best game going.

Logan just hoped this girl's fee wouldn't put him and Ronin both in hock until payday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 am

Nailz didn’t quite sit there patiently as Logan explained the situation. She seemed to be almost constantly fidgeting with something off screen. When Logan had finished she said, “Right so in and out of Salish west of the city. Man and I thought this would be something challenging. Ok, so 2 people in, 3 out. How much stuff you guys carrying?....... alright so that mean I will have to leave the drone at home. Weights? Yes you, the girl, all your drek and the package….. and asap.” She appears to be entering some information into a program on her PAN.

“Alright Kids,” she says cheerfully, “You are in luck. Factoring in my ‘friends of the Saint’ discount and the big favor that you will owe me (to be called upon at some later date), I will be able to provide transport for 1,000 nuyen, plus 250 nuyen per day, plus expenses. Expenses include, but are not limited to, food, lodging, fuel and, most importantly, damage to my person or possessions.”

She pauses to finally take a breath.

“If these terms are acceptable I will be at your location at approximately 3 AM.”

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 am

1,000¥ seemed a fair rate, but Logan didn't much like the sound of 250¥ per diem plus expenses. At the same time, however, he could not come up with an alternative plan on the spur of the moment. The payoff would more than cover the cost of this coyote's 'expenses,' if, that was, they could get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.

"Aright," he told Nailz, "deal. See you at the Tree View Motel at 3am. What kind of vehicle will we be looking for, just so there's no mix up."

He had not consulted Ronin on hiring Nailz, but it had, after all, been her contact's referral. Besides, the more they scanned the 'Trix or called around the 'plex for prospects, the more chance word of their intentions might reach potential trouble. And trouble was something they (he) wanted to keep to a minimum.

And, if this Nailz proved worth the risk as well as her fee, well there just might be a bonus in it for her; aside from her 'favor' to be later fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 am

She smiles and does a spinning jump with an exuberant “YES!” (all that can be seen on the screen is a grease stained white-beater tank top) before she settles down, “Alright, good to hear. I am uploading an image of my vehicle now. I will see you at 0300 hours, I suggest you get some sleep.” The image shows a Mercury Comet that appears like it belongs in a junk yard: every panel was a different color of faded, acid etched paint. There was a note with the upload, ‘don’t let her looks fool you, she’s got it where it counts. And nobody looks at her twice.’

With the deal brokered Ronin looks at her partner, “You look… worried.” It was a statement as well as a question but she doesn’t press the issue.

She gives Logan a chance to say something, if he doesn’t then she prepares to go to bed, which for her involves placing her sword within easy reach and telling Kitsune to wake her at two AM. She lies down in bed, still wearing her FFBA and indicated that it is ok for Logan to join her. There was only one bed in the room she didn’t see a problem with sharing it, it’s not like her partner would try anything.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 am

Logan rounded the bed and sat opposite Ronin. He'd noticed her noticing his expression, but there was no point in airing his concerns. He wasn't worried about anything unusual in this biz. A runner who trusted too often or without reservation didn't survive long in the shadows. What comes, comes, as an old friend used to say. You dealt with what was, not what may or may not be.

Putting the day's issues aside, he propped his twin Desperadoes beside his side of the bed; if need be, he could be across the room and at the door in the blink of an eye, and his enhanced agility, reaction, and strength, coupled with his razor-sharp spurs, would let him make short work of any lethally-minded intruders; stripped out of his camos and form-fit armor down to his jockeys, and slid under the bedclothes. He was aware of Ronin, still fully clothed, beside him, but he felt no inclination to approach her. It wasn't that he didn't like women, quite the contrary, and he was aware of his partner's exotic good looks and obvious sexual appeal, but they were runner partners and he maintained a certain distance between them to avoid jeopardizing their judgement and ability to take action regardless of... complications.

So, feeling the warmth of Ronin's body close by, Logan heaved a deep, relaxing sigh and settled in for some shut-eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 am

The two runners quickly fall to sleep; they have been running the shadows to know that when the opportunity to get some shut presents itself they take it or risk being drowsy later when it could kill them.

At one point during the night something wakes Logan. He doesn’t know what it is at first but his enhanced abilities have him out of bed, guns in hand, and ready for something to come in through the window or door. It doesn’t take long for his brain and his senses to catch up to his body. Turning slowly, still on high alert, he turns back to face the bed: Laying there, exposed where Logan threw back the covers, in a fetal position, curled up and pressed up against where Logan had laid just a moment before (the imprint of his body still showing on the blanket in his thermographic vision), was Ronin (sorry for the bad grammar). He could see tears coming from her eyes and watched as her body shook with her silent crying. But then he heard it: her voice, once again the American one, the soft voice without an accent, mumbling something….

“No Oyabun….”
“Yes, Oyabun…”
“I’m Sorry Oyabun…”


She repeated the words over and over, each sentence trailed off into something that Logan was unable to make out.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Logan let his weapons fall to his sides, the adrenaline draining out of him far slower than it had rushed in. Sweat broke out all over his body in a thin sheen as his metabolism tried to return to some semblance of normality. Wiping an arm across his damp forehead, he returned to his side of the bed and put his guns away once more. He sat with his back against the headboard and took a few deep breaths to speed his body's cool down.

He looked at Ronin's sleeping form, the fetal curl, the close position to where he'd lain, the furtive, almost pleading quality of her murmurs, and wondered at the cause. Was it just a bad dream? Or were there more significant reasons underlying this display?
And, most serious of all, was Ronin aware of her sleep-induced actions?

Logan noted Ronin's seeming need for some response to her queries, but he was a bit reluctant to attempt anything too intrusive in what could well be a highly suggestive state. Still, he could not leave her to her sleep-terrors on her own...

"Rest, little one," he spoke in a firm but what he hoped was a soothing voice. "Do not fret this night. Have no fear."

Watching for any reaction, Logan slid back under the sheets beside his partner. He did not put an arm around her or make any movement that she might misconstrue as aggressive, but instead simply lay close as he apparently had been before his sudden awakening. He tried to simulate their positions as Ronin herself had arranged them in her fitful slumber.

If she found some comfort in his presence, he would not deprive her of it. Depending on your partner involved more than just knowing they had your back in a fight, it also meant keeping confidences as well as discretion.

Once he was sure that he had not disrupted her sleep, nor disturbed her effort to find a modicum of security, Logan again performed the deep breathing exercises that would - he hoped - return him once more to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Ronin calmed down some as Logan sat down and spoke to her, after he returned to his position next to her she rolled over and pressed her toned body against him, putting her arm across him and resting her head upon his chest. He could feel the wetness of the tears on her face, he could smell the shampoo from her shower earlier that night, and he could definitely feel her toned body pressing against him. Looking at her face, it seemed somehow innocent. The jobs that shadowrunners had to do to survive often left their mark on them body and soul, but Looking at Ronin here in the dark with her head on his chest there was a serene look that one wouldn’t expect from the samuri woman.

It does take Logan some time to get himself calmed down enough to fall back to sleep, but he does manage it. Unfortunately 2:30 comes way too early in the shadows (Kitsune let the team get an extra half hour of sleep, Ronin needed it) and the next thing that is heard is the high pitched barking of the two tailed Fox to wake them up. Now normally Kitsune would pounce on someone to wake them up, but very early in his companionship with Ronin he found out the hard way that pouncing on shadowrunners with enhanced reflexes was not conducive to a long and healthy life.

Logan wakes to find Ronin back to her normal self again. She had moved away from him while he slept and was waking up looking just as groggy as Logan felt. Now that the threat of being propelled across the room had diminished Kitsune launched himself at Ronin and proceeded to do silly tricks until the Samuri smiled and told him to settle down. She then proceeded to go through a series of stretches and warm-ups that get her body ready for action.

When she is finished she digs a couple of protein bars out and tosses one to Logan while she eats her own while double checking her gear and getting ready to go.

Right on time at 3 am there is a loud noise in the motel’s parking lot as an old beat up Comet pulls into the motels parking lot sounding like the muffler fell off ages ago. It pulls to a stop next to the HumVee and Nailz gets out. She is cute in the greasy car chick sort of way, but really skinny and she looks like a stiff breeze might blow her over. She pops open the trunk for them to store their gear and then leans against the hood to wait for them to get ready. She appears to be trying to act professional, that is to say if you learned to be professional from watching the latest Sims. She is leaning against her car wearing a pair of 80’s style aviator glasses with her arms crossed trying to look at everything and nothing at the same time.

When Nailz sees the team she simply says, “whenever you are ready.” Her voice quivered with excitement though she tried to make it deadpan.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: System Failure -IC-   

Back to top Go down
 
System Failure -IC-
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tier System
» Rune Knights Ranking System
» Achievement System and Request Thread [OFFICIAL]
» Lineage System
» Rank System Information

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: St_Nougat's Games-
Jump to: