Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeJing's Static OCC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Jing's Static OCC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:38 am

This Out of Character thread is for the game "Jing's Static"

In game "RULES":
White should only be used to describe actions or scenes and communication in English. Various colors, bold, or italics should be used for communication. Please state your color choice options for the languages you speak, internal monologues & matrix communications. A suggestion for colour choice options is listed as below. Please use them to communicate in the IC thread. If everyone uses the same colours then it should be easier for everyone! However, just signature your colour preferences into your profile.

words and thoughts
magic, telepathy and astral
comlinks, radio and subvocal
matrix
NPC
Japanese
Spanish
Sperethiel
Mandarin
Other (please specify)

Please use www.invisiblecastle.com for dice rolls.
Include:
Character Name:
Campaign Name:
and use the Note section to list the modifiers used for your rolls.

For example: Skill + Attrib + tech/foci/spirit assist = x

Then there's the stuff about not messing with another player's character (unless previously given permission by the player) or purposefully being a pain/annoyance.

Please inform us if you will be AFG (Away from Game) for more than a couple of days. I will move action as I see fit if you do not let me know ahead of time. I promise to not kill your character off on purpose.
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Kyle Warsaw

Starting Nuyen = 4d6 → [4,5,2,2] = (13)+2 = {15} *100 = 1500
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:20 pm

Heh, heh. Starting Nuyen: 20 Nuyen Heh heh heh.
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:38 pm

I'll try to post up in IC either at lunch this morning or when I get home from work 10am est.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Please email me your Character Sheet! Please use Chummer to create your character and then email me the Chummer File!

taniwhanui4@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 am

Tani wrote:
Please email me your Character Sheet! Please use Chummer to create your character and then email me the Chummer File!

taniwhanui4@gmail.com
I sent you the final updated and closed character yesterday evening. It was in chummer format and I included the background and 20 questions in both odt and rtf.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:10 am

Yep! I got it!
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:34 am

Tani wrote:
Yep! I got it!
Ok good.  I was beginning to worry it didn't go through.  I have been having the worst luck this past week with my electronics.  My secondary computer fries both Ram simms as i'm doing a format and fresh OS install... the power cord on my laptop drek the bead on me for good... and now my phone is pissing me off with how long it takes to send texts all of a sudden.  Stupid IOS 7!

Data Search rolls for Freeway Park Information:

Information on Freeway Park Layout (Including buildings in the park)

8d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,4,3,1,5,1] = (1)
8d6.hits(5) → [1,4,2,6,5,3,1,6] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [4,6,1,1,3,2,5,5] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [2,4,6,3,5,3,1,6] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [2,1,5,5,4,4,5,6] = (4)

Information on Freeway Park Scheduled Activities (Focus on Today)

8d6.hits(5) → [2,5,5,4,5,1,1,1] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [6,5,1,2,3,5,3,1] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [4,5,4,2,2,6,3,5] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [3,6,6,3,4,4,5,2] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [4,2,3,6,3,1,3,4] = (1)

This is assuming he spends 5 minutes searching the Entire Matrix for each search que.  I forgot to add the hot sim +2 bonus but if you think it will help the outcome i can roll it separate.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:34 pm

I thought you could only roll once for the information, not multiple times!
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Tani wrote:
I thought you could only roll once for the information, not multiple times!
Pg. 220 of SR 4, first full paragraph says most Data Search tests are handled as Extended Tests using Data Search + Browse with a threshold set by the GM.  Unless i am missing something.  I just figured i would give 5 minutes searching for each object.

Or page 230 of the 20th anniversary edition under "Using Data Search"
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:44 am

Hey Tani, if i may ask, who all is playing in this mission? I see CrowDancing and Mosier said they made characters. Is Ivmises running in this one? I only ask so i can keep track of my post-its sticking all around my monitor Smile
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:43 am

There should be three players so far:

CrowDancing playing Tweak, Mosier playing Orren Wake, You playing Kyle Warsaw.

Those are the only players to provide me with Character Sheets using Chummer as asked. But there is still a lotta room for others if they want to join the team.
Back to top Go down
Mosier

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-08-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Sorry for my late arrival here, I didn't realize the game was started!

Anyway, Orren Wake's initial nuyen roll

4d6 → [6,3,5,1] = (15) + 12 = 27 x 100 = 2,700 starting nuyen

I'm looking over the other posts and I'll have an in-character reply shortly. Thanks for your patience!
Back to top Go down
Mosier

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Need a quick GM ruling please. Orren is attempting to discover any unregistered nodes, or nodes which appear to be giving law enforcement signatures in the area he has been hired to protect. Can I get the threshold and interval, and any modifiers that might apply?
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:38 pm

They are all over the place at the moment - some are popping in and out as the place gets set up for the event. Threshold 4. No modifiers!
Back to top Go down
Mosier

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Oh, before I forget, the machine sprite gets a free optional ability, which will be the autosoft "Clearsight" at level 3 (to assist with sensor tests)

-

Orren's roll for detecting law enforcement/hidden nodes  

Orren must thread the "Scan" complex form, as he doesn't already know it.

Threading roll - software(2)+resonance(6)+technomancer bonus(2) = 10 dice
10d6 → [3,6,1,6,3,2,5,5,5,3] - 5 hits, however Orren is limiting the value to 4

Orren now has the "scan" complex form at rating 4,

Fading 4S - Willpower(5)+resonance(6) = 11 dice
11d6 → [5,3,2,4,4,1,6,2,3,2,5] - 3 hits. Orren suffers 1 stun damage from Fading.

Now the scanning roll to detect hidden nodes/law enforcement nodes (Finally!)
Scan(4) + Electronic Warfare(3) = 7 dice

7d6 → [4,2,4,4,3,6,5] - 2 hits.

As I typed that, I just realized I forgot the Technomancer bonus for the last roll, so I rolled 2 dice and got 2 more misses. Outcome wasn't affected.

TLDR: Orren failed the scan roll, and suffered 1 stun damage from fading.

No wonder he doesn't get the good jobs...
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:02 am

Spoofing Access ID:

Hacking(3) + Spoof(4) = 7DP 7d6.hits(5) → [6,2,2,3,5,3,3] = (2)  Just enough to do the trick.

@Tani, how do you want me to handle the Scan for node test?  Being that he was running out of time he wouldn't have spent more than 1 minute scanning but with an interval of 1 combat turn i don't want to roll a gazillion times for an extended test if i don't need to.

Electronic Warfare(3) + Scan(4) = 7DP
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:08 am

The hacking and spoofing paid off - you are in. The little paranoid voice in the farther reaches of your brain tend to think this was a little easy howver, you are that good ... aren't you? Muawahahaha!
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 am

Tani wrote:
The hacking and spoofing paid off - you are in. The little paranoid voice in the farther reaches of your brain tend to think this was a little easy howver, you are that good ... aren't you? Muawahahaha!
LOL. Evil GM laugh. I thought we were playing Shadowrun not paranoia Smile
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 am

Sometimes, they are the same game aren't they? Lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 am

Indeed they very well can be Smile
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:24 am

Introduce yourselves with a description and your interaction in IC. Then I will post the next part.
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:31 am

I made a small edit to the post in IC while Kyle was at the park, just before heading to THE sports bar. It didn't change the outcome or need any special attention, rather it just filled in a few blanks for future IC reference.
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:23 am

Dice Rolls:

Attempting to set up a Reusable Exploit (Backdoor) on the Freeway park node.

Extended Software(4) + Exploit(4) - Distraction(2) = 6DP  [Firewall + System; 1 IP]

6d6.hits(5) → [3,6,1,3,3,6] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [1,2,6,5,2,5] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,5,3,3,6,2] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [4,1,3,2,5,3] = (1)

If this wasn't enough to create the backdoor and I need more rolls just let me know.

Once the backdoor is created I'm going to take a few moments to look for key systems that might come in handy:

Video Surveillance
Automated Security Systems
Park Grounds control devices (fountain controls, drone controls, lighting controls)

Let me know if I need to make any rolls or feel free to make them yourself if they are the 'sneaky paranoia evil GM laugh' type of rolls Smile
Back to top Go down
ArtelSriven
Meat
Meat
ArtelSriven

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Looking at the picture of the grounds layout, may i assume the dotted cones are camera sweeps or perhaps drone movements?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jing's Static OCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jing's Static OCC   Jing's Static OCC Empty

Back to top Go down

Jing's Static OCC
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next