Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeNot just new to site SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Not just new to site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkcyde

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Not just new to site Empty
PostSubject: Not just new to site   Not just new to site EmptyFri May 08, 2009 9:59 pm

G'day all,

Just thought I should say hi as a new site member and try and slip in a hopefully quick questions.

I've played Shadowrun in the meat world before but have never played any games (shadowrun or otherwise) via PbP. Are there any sites, FAQs or other tips i could get to get an idea on how to play??

Cheers in advance
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Not just new to site   Not just new to site EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:14 pm

well, you've posted at the right time then. In a PbP site, we generally play just like in the meat world, just it takes longer, what would normally take 20 minutes, might take a week, or it could take a single post depending on the gm. What you first need to do is make a character, and find a run that has an opening.

The coolest advantage to PbP, is that you get time to post, you don't have to rely on improvisation on the spot, you do have a bit of time to think, plan, and then react. I like it because it allows you to think about your character more.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Not just new to site   Not just new to site EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Best advice is to look through the runs that are going on now (both threads, IC and OOC.) That should give you some idea of how it works. Our GMs are good about easing you into the swing of things too.

If you're looking for a run, Velve has just started one in 3rd Ed that he might let you in on. I'm getting ready to start a 4th ed one in week or so.

Any questions you have, just ask some of us that are on a lot. We're always happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Darkcyde

PostSubject: Re: Not just new to site   Not just new to site EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:59 pm

thanks for the quick replies.

yeah i'm in the process of reading through <<ultra red>> to see how it all works. seems simple enough Smile

i've played a bit of 3rd but would like to give 4th a crack. without starting a massive debate is it easy enough to make the switch?
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Not just new to site   Not just new to site EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:04 am

yeah, I've got an officially published supplement that will let me convert a character for you quickly. The rules are a bit different, but not too difficult to get the hang of.
Back to top Go down
Darkcyde

PostSubject: Re: Not just new to site   Not just new to site EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:13 am

lol i havent played for years so no old characters to worry about.

i'm at the age where it's a bit socially unacceptable to still role play. my group disbanded ages ago. just felt like getting back into it for a while and this seems like an easy way to go about without it taking hours upon hours on the weekends Smile
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Not just new to site   Not just new to site EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:30 am

Well, making a 4th edition character is pretty simple once you have an idea of what kind of character you like. The basica roles for all characters has stayed pretty much the same, so it's a matter of what you would like to play. If you need any help building a 4th edition character, we would gladly help walk you through and explain just about whatever you would like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not just new to site   Not just new to site Empty

Back to top Go down

Not just new to site
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: