Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeWith some of the changes having gone live... SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

With some of the changes having gone live...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

With some of the changes having gone live... Empty
PostSubject: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 am

Over the last few months we have had some major changes go live, then rl got to me for my career. I'm back and would like advice on how we should proceed. What changes do you like, what should go?

Let me know as I want this site to thrive once again.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 5:35 am

Hey DD RL got to me too College sorta late in life, but i said screw it I need this for me!!! Aaaand now im sooo busy. But I'm still around I'm also back now. So yeah I think we need to set one or two Goals for the site at first, then decide how we need to implement them, what that will mean when we do, and divide the tasks that we need to accomplish to manifest it. Iv never done this before lol like been an admin... But I kinda like where all this is going! I really think we the staff need a sure fire way to communicate with each other in minimum amount of time without being intrusive to each others RL... Does not have to be your personal phone obviously. But if we want this too work we gotta be in contact. I'll download what ever app you wanna use I know a few as I use to work in the record industry and had to manage projects sorta and in another job I had we had to project manage... I just what meant was... We the staff need to have a chat or some kind of meeting again attain a check off list of sorts to match our goals If we are serious. We need to all move are gears together Smile I don't mind adding a few(one or two remember we working together so its easier, but wont be easy) tasks to my week, if you don't mind, or any of the others in the heart of our movement... Iv said this before I learned how to play hear on this site. Not just forth edition, But how to play. I too wanna see this site thrive, and I'm gonna take knee now...

I hope this helps us and i don't come off as a douche I really wanna help Very Happy and ill meet up with you guys whom i respect anytime after and on the third i wont be available Mondays and Tuesdays as i have school AAAAALLLL DAAAAAAY lol weird schedule but i love it WHOLE WEEK FREE After that as long as i schedule everything correctly which i am actively doing more and more i should be able to add a meeting every two weeks with you guys and one or two tasks to be done sound good I hope so but say something guys what do you think is that ok with everyone like... cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 9:30 am

here is another idea that might shed some light on what we need to do maybe we could find a free version of this https://www.hotjar.com/
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 6:13 pm

I don't have enough relevant experience with web software to offer an opinion so I'll trust your judgement's on the software end of it all.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 7:04 pm

K. I do agree with having stated goals and tasks needed to achieve them. So let's start with fundamentals and work out the finer details from there.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Sounds good to me DD what would you like done in the near to soon future first second third we can contact via email or here i dont care just need clear defined goals what do you want done then we can what do we need done and finally settle on tasks to accomplish our two goals we can start like that i think up to you DD
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Sorry, RL got to me again.... right now I think we need a better layout for making it easier to navigate the site. I was thinking a heading for any active editions, ie...

_ 1st

_ 2nd

_ 3rd

etc..... but only for active editions so for now starting w/ 4th.

I also want a better layout for a library where we can have house rules, fan fiction, and backgrounds for some of our favorite characters etc... it is a site for fans after all, I want them to get involved as well in the creation of info for the site.

I have added ShadowChat again as a free chat room software that we can use for planning, and chatting when everyone can be online for a game, meeting, etc.

As for the look of the site, what kind of changes do you all think we need? I like the dark colors, but we could do a different theme, maybe more corporate or Security, or even more of a Shadowland look. Again this is being left up to you, I will set it up as I am familiar with the functioning of the site. We can always revert it back if it doesn't work.

Finally, I will be trying to get more people coming back here when we get back to being a fully functioning site.

Please let me know....
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:43 am

Sorry so long I'm considering my answer....
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Salutations,

So the primary groupings would be Editions? That works for me. I would like to use the full statement of "4th Edition" for the actual heading.

Still pondering the rest.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 10:49 am

"I also want a better layout for a library where we can have house rules, fan fiction, and backgrounds for some of our favorite characters etc... it is a site for fans after all, I want them to get involved as well in the creation of info for the site. "

As a basic layout I suggest the following.  (Please note I am using 4th edition as an example and the structure should be the same for each edition that is put up.)

Game Over-watch Department (For Game Masters only)
-  4th Edition

4th Edition (One for each edition that is to be running)
-  Fixer's Nexus (want adds)
-  Games
  -  Active
  -  Inactive (in case games go into hiatus and for posterity if there are games that build off older games)
-  House Rules (As these rules will be different for different editions)
-  Runners Black Book (For our favourite PC's.)
  -  Runners Gallery (Backgrounds for our favourite characters)
    -  Active
    -  Inactive
-  Ongoing Stories (Same as currently set up.  I really like this concept)

Library
-  4th Edition
  -  Runners Black Book (For our favourite NPC's and Contacts.  I like this where all players can see it.  Have a rule of GM permission for use by characters)
    -  NPC's Gallery (For NPC's that are not contacts - Is that possible?)
      -  Street (street people, homeless, beggars, gang's, etc.)
      -  Corporate (self explanatory)
      -  Criminal (Organized crime organizations and connected Fixers)
      -  Runner (Shadowrunners and independent Fixers)
      -  Civilian (for normal people, professors, photographers, news hounds, waitresses, etc)
    -  Contacts Gallery (for NPC's that are contacts)
      -  Street (street people, homeless, beggars, gang's, etc.)
      -  Corporate (self explanatory)
      -  Criminal (Organized crime organizations and connected Fixers)
      -  Runner (Shadowrunners and independent Fixers)
      -  Civilian (for normal people, professors, photographers, news hounds, waitresses, etc)

K, RL is interrupting.  I'll expand on this later.

Last edited by CrowDancing on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Crow you've done this before!! Laughing Laughing Laughing So I cant even add to that! I agree with that, and however I can help create this kind of site. I will do what i can... I'm pretty good with Photo shop and Illustrator adobe suite stuff so yeah i could help some how im sure Razz ok im in tune are we keeping the player or member sheets like do we need that?
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Well that's not complete but it gives you the basics.  Over twenty years ago I did some playing around with HTML and web page design.  I have several friends who got more involved in it than me....  

I just noticed that my list shows Runners Black Book being under main Library but it should be under the 4th Edition.  I have corrected that now. We should include a few others under the main Library that aren't edition specific like, Fan Fiction and Fan Art.

As for the look.  I would prefer a Shadowland look to it overall.  Is it possible to have different looks for different sections?  Because it would be nice to have some sections with a corporate or security look, and some would do well with a grittier look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With some of the changes having gone live...   With some of the changes having gone live... Empty

Back to top Go down

With some of the changes having gone live...
Page 1 of 1