Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Best Served Cold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 427
Age : 47
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:20 am

OOC:

At the moment you are all standing outside the stables. Jaron is just about to leave and Hafiz is about to take you guys to the sealed room.

How you are playing out this drone thing is ridiculous and you are all in danger of losing individual Karma and team Karma as a result. I think it is quite a stupid thing to bring in a drone and have it hover around on a Johnsons property! Get it sorted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 427
Age : 47
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 am

Hafiz had not noticed the drone until you pointed it out. He now appears concerned upon seeing your reaction. He looks to Jaron for direction. Jaron brings the team back inside the stables for safety reasons and Hafiz closes all the doors leaving the drone outside.

"I am sorry but for your safety and ours, we must remain here. I will contact a friend of mine in order to sort this intrusion out. Hafiz remain here and keep our employees safe."

Jaron flips open his Commlink and begins to make a call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am

Seeing all the people run into the Stables Eyesnwalt thinks to himself, "Stupid people if i was going to try attacking them i would have done so already. Hmn... Lets see how they take this then." he does a quck look through of the comlink signals he is seeing one of them turned there comlink off what a paranoid bunch this is

he finds one of there signals and figures he might as well get a message throug hto them at the least so he picks one signal (Larad's) and begins his work Breaking in on the Fly (stealth 5) (11d6=2 hits)(OOC: Had been forgeting to add my Codeslinger for Exploit)Second Try (11d6=3 hits) (total 5 Hits)

After going through that he decided to have a voice speak out of the comlink "Greetings"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Larad simply nods to Jarone as they move inside, he's not about to argue that point. However as soon as the voice comes out of his own commlink, Larad moves to switch it over onto active alert, rather than just shutting it off outright. And then, only because he's at least intelligent to know that if who ever hacked in was purely out to play hell with his commlink, then they'd not have bothered to announce their presence in such a manner. Not that his thumb doens't poise itself to do just that at the drop of a hat. And he knows for a fact, he accepted no calls, and certainly give anyone access, leaving hacking to be the only culprit.

"My Commlink's been hacked." he declares with a deadpan tone and a frown, to make it clear to everyone else present what's just transpired. After that he calmly pops out just one of his earbuds, at least that way he'll be able to tell the difference between what the earbuds are saying he's hearing and what he really IS hearing... Just in case. He does not, as yet, remove either of his contact lenses however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Eyesnwalt decides to sift through information stored on the device about Larad hiding his actions from Larad as well as at this point displays his Vertual Persona onto Larads Comlink and speaks, "Greetings, i am Eyesnwalt, you can just call me Walt as that is the name of the drone flying around out there. and you can let everyone know that if i had intended harm to anyone i would have alredy done so


Last edited by Havick1988 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Back to the game   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 pm

As Larad repeats the message from his commlink (OOC: or it comes out of the earbud, or it gets projected on a wall, or is whispered on the wind by an air spirit, or however we become aware that the drone outside is a "friend"), Quixote shakes his head.

He moves incrementally closer to the troll and pitches his voice low. "This'll be a nice change," he says to the trog, extending his hand for a handshake. "They call me Quixote. I'm usually the one that manages to piss everyone off, but compared to that drekhead, I'm Maria-drekking-Mercurial!"

Realizing that the team is now 5 minutes closer to the deadline, Quixote's barrio accent disappears, to be replaced with a glimmer of the professional with a job to do. "Now that that fragaree is cleared up, can we please get down to business? If you would please escort us to the scene and the security room..." He pushes the barn door wide open, scowls at the drone, and starts walking towards the main dwelling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am

Eyesnwalt will find, for the most part that Larad's comlink doesnt identify him as Larad (OOC: Though nor does it idnetify him by his real name. Wouldnt be much money on it, not a whole lot of info. Some basic lisences, SIN. Not a whole lot of money either. No real notable data cept perhaps phone numbers etc. Though what exactly you'd get is up to the GM. And keep in mind you'd likely have to contend with setting off alarms that would warn me of anything your accessing given that the comlink is on active alert)

Larad snorts a little at Walt's words. "Maybe, maybe not. I've got no reason to trust you Omae. You say you intend no harm, but you hacked my comm instead of you know.. maybe just tossing me a text? A call? That's not harmless. So I suggest you say your peace before I turn this thing off."

To the others he'll note "Apparently the drone belongs to a hacker. Says his name is Eyesnwalt. Anyone know em?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 427
Age : 47
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 am

Jaron does not hear the conversation but his look of concern disappears as he turns to address those in the stable.

"I apologise for the drone's intrusion but no matter, it will soon be taken care of. I have a ... friend who works in the military and he is more than willing to eliminate the drone for us. He is tracking it already via sat link and has sent some 'protection' for us. I think we may have found the source that hacked into the security host in a failed attempt to destroy the security footage of the kidnapping. Well, we have it now!

In the meantime if you could please follow Hafiz out this side door and he will comply with your request to be taken to Belenkly's sealed room."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:34 am

i realy dont care wether you turn you link off or not, however i needed to get a message through to he group as they are all acting foolish if this J is realy on as tight a time table as he claimes he is, and hiding away from me right now is pointless. and as for not sending you a text ... well im a sucker for theatrics of sorts, i figured this would get your atention just as much as I did flying around. Eyesnwalt pulls out of the link and leaves a connection open to hear the conversation around Larad while he flys the drone off to checkout the location of the signal he has been trying to hack into
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:42 am

The alarm bussers start going off around Eyesnwalt, his matrix view gains a red tint as in his ear he hears the old Star Trek alarm and in his field of vision he gets the Alert Condition Red status.
He cheks off what had set off his alarms and finds the source DRECK, i should have taped into the J's call, well to late for that now got ta get them off me before they find me

Redirect TraceFirst 4 atempts(9d6=9 Hits)Next 4(9d6=10 hits)(total 19 Hits)Eyesnwalt figures that that should be enough to throw there tracer off course but keeps part of his system tracking the trace to alert him if it hadnt completly worked, next he sends some spoof commands to the other device now lets see what we can do about this other device, this is piqing my interest, why would any device around here be in a sleep mode.

Spoof Command(9d6=3 hits)((OOC: if it dosnt work the first time i will PM the GM with more rolls, dont want to cluter up here with to many rolls; Friday Jan 15, 1421, Im just going to edit this post for my next actions, i dontwant to tripple post here))


Eyesnwalts alarms go of telling him that whomever is tracking him is trying to take control of his Drone THOse DRECK Heads, theres no Fragen way im leting you do that
He activates his atack and armor Programs then begins begins Cybercombat(9d6=3 hits) he then launches his atack on the intruder Marix initiative 9 = (13) (just as a side note with his armor program activated he resembles a gundum Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 43
Age : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Melvin Herbowitz
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Shaking quixote's hand, Al says "Well there's 'shaking your member around' annoying, then there's 'touching everyone else's member' annoying"

"But at any rate, you've got a point, let's get to checking the scene out."

OOC: my comment from earlier about being the first to do a perception check still stands

Oh, and my commlink will remain off until I actually perform the check, then it will be tossed into "safe mode" until further notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Larad nods, deciding that, what ever this hacker is up to, he might as well not leave his comlink open to any further intrusion and shuts it off. If only to kill who ever's connection is presently there. He'll then follow the rest of the group along, waiting a few moments before turning his comlink back on and promptly setting it in hidden mode before setting it back to full alert mode and resetting the passwords, sending a warning message to his contacts about the breach, just in case and notifies his bank as well. Once all that's done, he shuts down the comlink again, and decides he should look into some better security software for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 427
Age : 47
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Hafiz leads you across the ranch taking a few odd turns. You suspect that those are to keep solid objects between you and the executives that are still attending the leadership retreat. He is fairly easy-going and striking up a conversation with him about the biz is fairly simple. When you finally make it to Belenkly's room, there is an audible click as Hafiz engages the locking mechanism with the key provided by Jaron. He opens the door.

Drawers have been pulled out, clothing is everywhere and there's a lingering scent of patchouli. It looks like someone searched the place in a hurry. The mess continues into the bathroom where the cabinets have been pulled open and Belenkly's toilet bag is spilled out onto the counter.

What keeps your attention though is an obsidian knife thrust into the wall just above the bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 427
Age : 47
Location : New Zealand
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm

OOC:

TEAM: Everyone please make a Perception Test and post your results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:46 am

Eyesnwalt having managed to temporarily get those anoying buggers off his back for now logs back into the matrix in AR with his handheld comlink. he plugs a data chip into his implanted datajack and copys over his encryption and stealth programs to encrypt his signal with the drone, reconecting to his drone and encrypting the signal this time, and setting up the self distruct mechanism on the drone as an added percaution he then sends a text to Larad's comlink signal

<< Message >>
Would you mind telling the J that asking for help for a job and then sicking military spiders on us is not a good way to promote a nice buisness relationship if he wants the job done properly.
- signed- Walt


after composing and sending the message he orders the drone back into the air to run a 40m patrol area scanning the ground and recording the images
he then works on rebooting his internal comlink switching the signal shuting it down then bringing it back up again chainging the wierless signal again then loging back onto the matrix with it, running another rederect trace on this signal just for safty measures then masks the actual signal changing it once more and signing back onto the drone with it, going through all the security now set up and transfering control. then logs off the matrix with his handheld link. he then transfers the stealth and encryption programs back to his main link.

he also atempts to reacces the device in the Marks room.

i hope that gets them off of me now, if this guy trys something like that again. well then i will just see whos working against this guy, i CANT fathom why someone wants to blackmail him if thats how he treats people he's asked to help him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Quixote's Perception Roll   Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Quixote's Perception Roll:

Intuition (4) - Defaulting ( - 1) = 3

3d6.hits(5) → [3,1,4] = (0)

Distracted by his desire to view the security camera footage, Quixote barely glances around the tussed-up room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Larad will wait a few moments as others file in ahead of him. This, was, after all, not his strong point.

Still, he'd give the whole thing a go and see if he couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, and he'll spend some time examining the obsidian knife, if only because it's.. quite the oddity to say the least.

Perception: Int (4) + Perception (3) + Video/Audio enhancement R3 (3)=10=1 Hit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPCOsborne
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 43
Age : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Melvin Herbowitz
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 pm

"Al" Makes his entry into the room, and seeing his co-workers milling about he realizes he's gonna have to be the one to get any clues out of this mess. He takes a quick general scan of the room and then proceeds to pick apart the oddities of the room, such as......

(just in case I haven't beaten the horse enough: I'm using an edge on this one)

Co-processor rating 3 (3)+ synch (1)+ intuition (4)+ Perception skill (2)+ edge (5)= 15, reroll 6's.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2378558/

(5 hits: what I should have had statistically)

(and my current edge pool is now 4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold   

Back to top Go down
 
Best Served Cold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Revenge, like a beer, is a dish best served cold. (Open)
» Cold Cold Fruit
» New Section Added. BRITISH REGIMENTS WHICH SERVED IN THE ZULU WAR OF 1879
» The Cold Rain Pirates
» Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Taniwhaiti's Games-
Jump to: