Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

Forgotten Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:20 pm

The ease with which Mimic accepted the mysterious off elicited a sharp turn of Kat's head as she turned to regard him. He looked certain (although when didn't he), and she agreed with his decision. But she couldn't help but wonder why he had spoken up so quickly.

Nevertheless, she gave him her slight nod of approval, and turned back to the group, waiting to see which of the others would be joining them on this job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:03 pm

After everyone agrees Trigger nods and stands once more. Alright, listen up. The object you're after is a blade for a scimitar. There will be a small octagon shape cut out of the blade near the hilt and will have old lettering on it in a language I'm sure none of you know. He may have had a hilt attached to it, I don't know, but when it was found it had no hilt and the socket in the blade was empty. I know where the other two pieces are, but that is for another time. The blade is being held by the currently retired general James T Winterhaven, an elf born some time before the awakening. He's currently enjoying his second retirement. He lives in a large mansion in Upper Queen Ann. Also living there is two of his three sons. One is a research mage for the UCAS army and the other is a soldier who is off duty at this time. The security is a few guards and a couple drones that I know of, and the family themselves. I don't know for sure, but I believe the place is magically warded with a watcher spirit or two. Other than that, I'm not sure. I advise you to check this out. As for where in the Mansion the blade is, I unfortunately do not know. You'll need to find that out as well. While I would like to keep casualties to a minimum, loss of life is not a concern. Make this look like a robbery. Steal a few items, toss some stuff around. Just be sure to grab the blade.

He pulls out five credsticks from his pocket and puts them on the table. Alright, if you still want to do this, here is your down payment. I shall also reimburse you for any medical treatment should you need it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:54 pm

On an entirely instinctive level, Mouser recognized the mention of warding would also potentially include astral barriers, and by extension of this knowledge, know that it would cause... issues for him. Physically astral barriers could not prevent him from going through, but being dual natured, they posed a significant issue. While he'd rarely dealt with such things in the past (as far as he knew), he did know it would ultimately result in effectively hitting the barrier on the astral plane almost as solidly as a brick will on the physical. Before deciding if this was a true concern or not however, and thus potentially exposing more of himself to the others than he presently would like to he simply spoke up and asked. "If there are wards, I gather it is safe to assume the location has barriers up as well? That could cause a few issues if this is the case.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:04 am

Virgil looked over at Mouser and shook his head. No, there are no wards. The mage works from home frequently and usually sends and receives watcher spirits, so having a ward would be a hassle. But I do believe he keeps a few spirits bound to him for protection. He yawns and rubs his eyes. By the looks of it, he's been awake for at least a couple days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:34 am

Phoenix rubs his chin, sounding like a car going down a gravel road. "Got anything on scheduals? Knowing when the guards change would be nice, but knowing when and if the family will be away from home in the near future would be even better. Particularly since you would like them alive."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 am

I don't know much more than they have guards. I'm afraid a bit of legwork will be required to find that out. As for the family, they will be gone this evening, of that I am sure. You will have a three hour window, but after tonight I can't make any assurances. I know the timing is bad, but it's all I've got for you.

OOC: Kesslan, you said you wanted to Assense the room, right? Go ahead and roll it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:14 pm

(OOC: Oh damn, I totally forgot to put up the rolls like I'd promised. Sorry)

Mouser went quiet again, simply listening, still as attentively before but he went back to looking over all those gathered on the astral. In part it was mere curiosity, and in part some innate and largely instinctive sense of precaution. After all, even though his true form was masked in the astral, he was still horribly vulnerable to any astral based threats, given his dual nature.

(OOC: Not sure how many tests you want so I'll toss up 4)
Test 1 (5 Dice): 1 Hit
Test 2 (5 Dice): 2 Hits
Test 3 (5 Dice): 3 hits
Test 4 (5 Dice): 3 hits

(OOC Ok that dreck was just messed. I half expected test 4 to come up 4 hits O.o)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:08 pm

So, any other questions or are we done here? Trigger stretched his arms, which looked more like something to preoccupy him than actually stretching. He then lowered his arms and began to tap on the desk, showing he's just slightly impatient at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:48 pm

"I think, that's everything we need to know at the moment. Anything else we'll need to work out later I suppose." Mouser suggested, speaking up at long last. Mentally he filed away the information gathered thus far, what he found and what he'd share of his findings on the astral really boiled down to his fellow runners for his job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten Memories   

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2