Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLoose Ends Ad - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Loose Ends Ad

Go down 
+8
MisterBook
Kesslan
Azonalanthious
Vanya's Devil
outpost_2
DevilDog
Bear
Dura
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:26 pm

The member 'MisterBook' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'D6' :
Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 D6-2

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' :
Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 D6-3
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Sorry it took so long to set up my character sheet... between work and the honey do list... ah but it is done... a question i have is where would i put my contact at? under gear?

background on Clinton Taylor:

CLASSIFIED FOUO

Name: Clinton Taylor
MOS: 18B
Military awards: Airborne qualified, air assault qualified, 3 GCM, 2 AAM, 3 ARCOM, 2 Silver Star, 1 Purple Heart

Background: SSG Taylor will be hereby medically discharged for blindness in his eyes directly resulted from his actions in operation Howling Wind. his actions saved 4 of his men but resulted in his retinas being burned out magically. he will formerly be discharged from the service and be awarded full medical retirement of 60%

this memorandum will be in effect 13 SEPT 2062

that would have set me up for life, at least before the crash happened and I lost my SIN. that day my life as a "productive" member of society came to a halt and my new life began. yeah im ex military but no the military threw me to the wolves. I tried to re-register but they lost everything thing on me and so i became one of the many "soldiers of mis-fortune". so now i wander doing the occasional run when i need to. fortunatly my buddy sam still has his SIN so he can hook me up with supplies when I need them. if your a soldier you always remember to be nice to supply and it defenitly paid off in my case. now i just need to meet my new Johnson and put some cred in my pockets or ill be up the creek without a paddle.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 am

Well, Gwydian is finally done. Sorry he took so long, but I think he's one of the better characters I've ever done, so hopefully he's worth it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 am

Oh, man, he's got mood hair. I hope you've got an even temper, cuz everyone's gonna know if you're peeved.

Added Dragon Mentor Spirit and a Cerebral Booster 2 to Kit. And I'm done. I swear. No more tweaks, I promise! Ooh...Arsenal....
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah, outpost, you can put the contacts anywhere. There's no set format, just so long as it's included. Smile
Speaking of included, I noticed you're missing something. I don't see anywhere that you've listed what metatype Taylor is.

Azo, couple things. You've got Magic 4 but Essence 4, which means you effectively have Essence 2. So you're going to have to lose some Adept powers, some cyberware, increase your Magic, or some combination of the three.
Also, you don't need the Restricted Gear quality. No availability limits for this game.
And finally, please include some info on who your Enemy is. At level 20 it's kind of a big deal, so I need to know how to use it against you. Razz

Last edited by Durandana on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:02 am

Durandana wrote:
Yeah, Vanya, you can put the contacts anywhere. There's no set format, just so long as it's included. Smile
Speaking of included, I noticed you're missing something. I don't see anywhere that you've listed what metatype Taylor is.

Azo, couple things. You've got Magic 4 but Essence 4, which means you effectively have Essence 2. So you're going to have to lose some Adept powers, some cyberware, increase your Magic, or some combination of the three.
Also, you don't need the Restricted Gear quality. No availability limits for this game.
And finally, please include some info on who your Enemy is. At level 20 it's kind of a big deal, so I need to know how to use it against you. Razz
I am guessing he bought magic up to 6, dropping it to 4 after essence lost.
Also Kinesics only goes up to rank 3
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:03 am

Nope, not according to the prices he listed for BP spent on attributes.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:05 am

Question for Bear: If I'm sustaining a spell normally and have an inactive sustaining focus of the appropriate force, can I dump the spell I'm sustaining onto the focus? Or can I not bind the spell to the focus after it's already cast? Alternatively, can I have a spirit take over sustaining a spell I'm sustaining?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:06 am

Oops, I meant outpost, not Vanya.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:08 am

The spell has to be cast through what is going to sustain it. Once cast, it is bound to that on thing, whether that be you, a spirit, or a foci, until released.
For any other questions like this not pertaining to concepts, and having more to do with how stuff works, you can find me in the Shadowchat.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Bear wrote:
Durandana wrote:
Yeah, Vanya, you can put the contacts anywhere. There's no set format, just so long as it's included. Smile

I am guessing he bought magic up to 6, dropping it to 4 after essence lost.
Also Kinesics only goes up to rank 3

Ok, letsee...

Point 1(Durandana) I've always treated magic and essence loss as follows: Any essance loss after character creation immediately causes magic loss if applicable. At character creation, however, its ignored -- because there is no way of telling when the essance was lost. Its entirely possible for a begining character to have gotten 'ware, THEN to have awakened - he wouldn't have had magic loose when the essence declined. Flipping through the rules, I don't see anything that's specific about how it should be handled at character creation and could argue the rules either way.

And to make sure we are on the same page (just based on the way you phrased things Durandana) - when your essance falls a point, you loose a point of your magic, but its a happens, then done event, not an ongoing -1 to your magic score. If that makes sense. Or in other words, its not having magic 6, but treated as magic 5, its magic 6 becomes magic 5, but if allowed (an initiate for example) you could go right back to 6 once you spent the karma. Or at least that's how I understand it. Doesn't matter much except in the character creation example above and/or when using karma to raise a score.

Anyways, let me know if you still want me to change it, I'll be happy to (for your generally information, cyber won't change for sure, magic probably won't, I'll re-arrange gear and skills to free up some more bp for magic if needed).

Point 2(Durandana) Check - I'll either replace restricted gear with astral chameleon or us the bp to help raise magic, depending on the answer to point 1.

Point 3(Durandana) Its enemies, and there are a lot of them. 6 seasons of shows, each on telling the world that HE was the one who pulled of that run against someone - feel free to toss in whoever you feel like. He's pissed off ALOT of people.

Point 4(Bear) same as point 1

Point 5(Bear) Actually (semi-useless trivia), it was uncapped in the original release of 4th ed, which is what I usually use (because I don't own the 20th aniversery release - I've an illegal download, but I try to avoid using it exept for things like this 'cuz I feel bad otherwise). It was, however, capped at 3 in that reprint. I've no issues with tweaking it down to 3 - just holding off on a reply to point 1 before I decide what to change it to.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Character Up   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 am

Bruddah's over in the character section for review, GM. I'll pop a background on it tomorrow morning. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:49 am

you have 40 bp worth of positive qualities
your prejudice needs to be better explained. what level is it? biased, outspoken, radical, active?
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:56 am

Fixed. Dunno how I missed that. positive and negative shouldn't exceed 35 now. I'll go back and check the GM rules to make sure it fits.

Also, Prejudice is now a bit more defined as 'biased', the five point level.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:53 am

Oh, man, please tell me that this guy is "made for fightin' an' winnin'" and that he screams "WAAAAAUGH!" when he charges somebody. A 40k Greenskin would be a wonderful addition to this party.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:27 am

HA! That's cute. No, not based on a greenskin, but I'll run by that quote just for kicks and giggles.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

Duran; Background's finally up, over in the Character section. Everything else look copasetic?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Yup, you're all good. Smile

Alrighty. Character's approved so far: MisterBook's, Azo's, Vanya, and Devildog.

Still waiting to hear what metatype Outpost's character is, and haven't heard from Jump-nut in a while.

For backgrounds, Azo, Vanya, Book, and Devildog have all earned +2 Karma. Outpost, your currently posted background is worth +1 Karma, but there's always time to earn more if you'd like to expand on it. Jump-nut, please let us know if you're still in!
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Hoorah! cheers
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 pm

http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/characters-f10/outpost_2-characters-t323.htm#7446

sorry it took so long. i added my metahuman type(human) and a little more on the backstory. his sf was all black ops so thats why he wouldnt have been able to re-register his sin. and the indians just plain have a small price on his head for trying to shoot the elusive howling coyote... i can change it but it seemed intresting to me.
Back to top Go down
DevilDog

DevilDog

Number of posts : 16

Character sheet
Character Name: Labraid
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:27 pm

+2 Karma, hell ya! I am so ready to get this thing going *puts on war face*
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Don't you mean your WAAAAUGH face?
Back to top Go down
Jump-nut

Jump-nut

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Dwarf: Gnome
Sex: m

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Ok I think i got the numbers worked out.
http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/characters-f10/jump-nuts-bus-boy-character-sheet-t333.htm#7508

sorry it took a while Traveling with family.

folks take a look and tell me where the holes are. I have been working on these character concept for over 3 yrs. Basically this deformed mutant gnome that stands 1-1/2 feet tall. mostly is kept in a rigger cocoon and run around in 1 rig or another. Im working on the write up for the profile. But that will have to wait till tomorrow.

Jump-nut
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 am

Alright Jump-nut. Your totals all add up... but you really should have cleaned up the sheet, it's a mess... Also, your character has three separate day jobs? Plus, you really oughta look into getting more skills... you don't even have Perception. And every rigger ought to have the Cracking skill group! Neutral

I'll wait till the background is posted to see if it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and start the game up.

Jump-nut, your contacts need some work. You've got 4 contacts at 1/1 and one contact at 1/2. Those are a lot of worthless contacts. You need some contacts with some substance. And don't forget about the free contact points equal to your charisma * 2. That means you've got 8 more contact points to spend. Please flesh out your contacts a bit more with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends Ad   Loose Ends Ad - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loose Ends Ad
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next