Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSteampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread

Go down 
+3
Gala
Vanya's Devil
SwimmingEagle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread Empty
PostSubject: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Durandana and I recently had the brain child of converting Bioshock to SR4 rules. The prodject is still in its infancy, but none the less we are making great headway.

________________Things worked out; a summary (subject to frequent change.)_________________________________________________________

New stat called ABEL: basically Magic stat, Determines how many plasmids you have at once (slots from the game). Bought with ADAM(not karma) in increments. Upgrading can cause Mutation(Body+Edge; ABEL rounded down -1)
ADAM addiction: Mental addiction restist test every time genetic code is rewriten. (Willpower+Edge; Plasmid/Tonic cost divided by 40)

Plasmids/Gene Tonics: Work like power points for Adepts. Plasmids cause spell drain.
EVE: Buffer for Plasmid Drain.

Qualities:
Genetic Adaptivity (Extra ABEL at start, max increased)
Rigid Genes (half ABEL at start)

Weapons:(stated and ready w/ execption to grenade launcher and chemical thrower)

Enemies: Big Daddies (Bouncer, Rosie, Rumbler, Alpha series)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Would you kindly give us any feedback or suggestions. It would be very helpful.

Last edited by SwimmingEagle on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:48 pm

ADAM, EVE, ABEL, Plasmids, and You!

ADAM
Newtons first law times the Atom bomb times the discovery of fire. Pretty much sums up the importance of ADAM. It allows the Genetic modification of cells, by replacing existing cells with unstable steam versions of them.
Adam is requred for Buying Gene Tonics, Plasmids, and Increasing ABEL.

ABEL
Every person's genes are maleable to a certain point. ABEL Repesents exactly how much Plasmids/Gene Tonics you can stuff in your body.
Everyone Starts out with an ABEL of 1 (2 if you have Genetic Adaptivity, .5 if you have Rigid Genes.) Plasmids and Tonics are repersented in points. Plasmids take up .5 ABEL, Combat and Phisical Tonics .3, and Mental and Social Tonics .2 ABEL. You can have more Tonics/Plasmids in you but you can only have as many Tonics and Plasmids Active as your ABEL will allow. Any excess plasmids/tonics will go dormant and you cannot use them untill you have more ABEL, or you switch it out at a Gene Bank. Gene Banks Cost money mind you and Few and far between! Choose your Plasmids wisely!

Plasmids
Everything from a Fis'full of loit'nin, to Bees from your flesh. Plasmids are the Spells of the Bioshock. You buy Plasmids at Gatherer's Garden stores, or the occational one laying about. Plasmids cost ADAM at Gatherer's Gardens, and plasmids have Levels. Each Level determines the force of the Plasmid, and the drain it causes. Plasmids have a dice pool of (Plasmids+Intuition). Drain is handled (Body+Edge).
Availiable Plasmids already worked out:
Spoiler:

EVE
EVE is An unprocessed, specialized form of ADAM. Plasmids Run off of ADAM and without EVE; Plasmids can Eat away at ADAM in the body, causing Faituge, Intense pain, and In some cases Death. EVE works like a buffer between plasmids and your body's ADAM. EVE is injected Into the bloodstream via Hypodermic needle. this EVE Hypo has a Rating between 1 to 20. Eve is cumilative aswell but wears off after a week of non use. EVE is Consumed first before plasmids cause harm to the user. (example Drain 7 has 5 EVE. Drain remaining 2.)

Gene Tonics
Gene tonics are like plasmids, only passive abilities. Like an increase in strenght, night vision, or the ability to cling to walls, or think twice as fast as the average human.

Last edited by SwimmingEagle on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Quailities and Skills

Postive Quailties:
Genetic Adaptivity

Negitive Qualities:
Rigid Genes

Skills modified:
Spoiler:
New skills: (debated)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by SwimmingEagle on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Gear and Weapons

Weapons:
Spoiler:

Gear: (Pending)
Medkit (rating 3)
heal station (rating 7)

Last edited by SwimmingEagle on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:04 am

I was thinking that the plasmids should have an individual maximum force like they did in 3rd Edition. You'd have to spend ADAM to improve your plasmids independently of ABEL since even if you have more capacity to hold plasmids, you need to have a better plasmid too if you want more power out of it.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:47 am

Conveniently, SR4 provides Adept Drain rules, and Attribute rating max power rules as well... So if these continue to look like an Adept, with a major rules overhaul, there is some excellent standing information to work with.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:05 am

Well, I figured Force and Drain would work like in Bioshock, with plasmids having levels (usually 1 through 3) and Force being determined by the level, along with other things (like duration and threshold of secondary effects). Drain would depend on level too, but doesn't increase as linearly.

I've got a list of plasmids I've started statting already... just need a break so I can continue working on it. But... since this is a side project, don't wanna slack on the main games... Neutral
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:05 pm

take your time, PM me and ill add it to the above when you think its ready.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:17 am

Just wondering where this is at the moment. I would like to get a guleset posted so we can start a game or two.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:15 am

Hey DD, i figure just a few more converts maybe a sample character or two and we can get this show on the road. the main thing we need to work on is statting Individual Plasmids/Gene tonics and adjusted character creation rules. I think we can start a game in roughly two weeks time. However this is a rough estimate and could take longer or shorter.
Back to top Go down
Ou!!!
Meat
Meat
Ou!!!

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: A couple of anal retenive questions.   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:44 am

Essence drain? sense you are rewriteing the genes, there should be some I think. Is there going to be a build point cost to be a splicer, or are you mundane? If you would like how I would do this send me a PM and I will see what I can come up...already have a few ideas. Is this going to be played with the other character options in SR4? HAve you started comeing up with how to make a Big Daddy, Big Sister, Lil Sister...ect. If Not Let me know what your ideas are for them....I was thinking "Cybered" For Big Daddy, Adapts for the sisters, with a metamagic and focus addiction for the harvesting. One final question are you doing this off of both games or just the first?
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:30 am

you can see the big daddies in the character concepts area. as for essence drain. as for little sisters and big sisters we're not sure as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Darion

Darion

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Darion
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Could it be a chance there are also splicers as enemies?

Or what about the chance of becoming a big daddy?

Are little sisters incluided?
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: How's this conversion coming?   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:56 pm

I would like to find out if this conversion is still in the works or if it is esentially done. If it is complete, I would like to see it so i can post it at the new SSG when it comes online later this month.

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:05 am

DD: I don't think I have seen a post out of Dura since school ended in May. I think she will likely be back in force at the end of this month (purely speculation, of course) once she returns to whatever university is keeping her out of trouble for this chapter of her life. I believe that I have seen a similar pattern from Vanya. Although, I think I have seen Vanya log in once or twice since then, certainly nothing regular.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Ok, I'll keep this up for awhile. It will take a little while to code the new SSG anyway. I want to post the conversions there when they, and it, are done.

Thanks for the info..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread   Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Steampunk to Cyberpunk: Complete Bioshock Conversion thread
Page 1 of 1