Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeMisterBook's Newb Sauce SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

MisterBook's Newb Sauce

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

MisterBook's Newb Sauce Empty
PostSubject: MisterBook's Newb Sauce   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Bruddah
Ork
Bounty Hunter
Male
Lifestyle: Low

Quote: "Secret o' life? Scratch whar it itches.."

Attributes
Body: 8
Agility: 3
Reaction: 3 (5)
Strength: 7
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 3
Logic: 3
Willpower: 4

Edge: 1
Initiative: 8
Initiative Passes: 2
Essence: 3.5

Active Skills
Unarmed Combat : 5
Longarms (Shotguns) : 3 (5)
Dodge : 3
Throwing Weapons (Lobbed) : 1 (3)
Clubs (Bators) : 2 (4)
Blades (Knives) : 1 (3)
Perception : 2
Survival : 2 + 1 = 3
Tracking : 3 + 1 = 4
Infiltration : 2
Intimidation : 3
Negotiation : 2
First Aid (Poison) : 3 (5)
Pistols (Revolvers) : 2 (4)
Demolitions : 2

Or'zet : N
English (Speak) : 1 (3)
Poison antidotes : 2
Parazoology : 2
Crook Hangouts : 2
Smuggling routes : 2
Safe Houses (Runner Safe Houses) : 2 (4)
Black Markets (Awakened Critters) : 2 (4)
Area Knowledge : 2
Business (Mines) : 1 (3)
Urban Brawl Odds : 1

Positive Qualities:
Animal Empathy
Guts
High Pain Tolerance
Outdoorsman

Negative Qualities:
SINner Criminal
Prejudiced - Biased (Keebs, smoothers, pints..)
Dependent 2 (Litter o' Brats)

Cyberwares
Reaction Enhancers (Rating 1) - +1 to Reaction
Wired Reflexes (Rating 1) - +1 to Reaction and +1 IP
Olfactory Booster (Rating 3) - +3 to Smell sense for perception

Armors
Clothing (Regular) - Fer walkin' 'bout.
Armor Vest (6/4) - Fer walkin' 'bout securely.
Lined Coat - (6/4)(-2 Conceal) - Fer walkin' 'bout safely
Camouflage Suit (8/6)- Fer sneakin' 'bout.

Weapons
Survival Knife
Stun Baton
Defiance T-250
Ruger Super Warhawk
Ruger Super Warhawk
Flash-Bang
Flash-Bang
High Explosive Grenades
High Explosive Grenades
5 boxes o' Shotgun Shock Lock Rounds (10 shots a box)
5 boxes of Regular Ammo (10 shots a box)

Commlinks
Commlink : Meta Link

Equipments
20x Plasteel Restraint
Maglock Passkey (Rating 3)
Wire clippers
5x Light Stick
Survival Kit
Medkit (Rating 4)
DocWagon Contract (Basic - per Year)
2x Antidote Patch (Rating 4)
2x Tranq Patch (Rating 10)
Trauma Patch
Water Purification Tablets (10 pack)
Rations (10 pack)

SIN:
Ereth bot'Nko - aka, Bruddah - CRIMINAL SIN
Murphy Brown - Fake Sin (Rating 3)

Contacts
Hez (L:1 C:3)
Your standard fence; All business, and no pleasantries. Meet Bruddah a few times through his brother Hork, and is willing enough to do business. But thats all.
Nadda Yo (L:2 C:2)
So named for his usual response to personal questions, 'Nadda Yo Bidness' is a veternarian by day and a street doc by night. The idea of putting a troll in charge of your favorite pet is probably why the disgruntled Nadda Yo needs the cred.

-From Duran's Game, 6 Free BP For A Contact-
Contacts
Hork (L:3 C:3)
Bruddah's brother, and former partner-in-crime. After the falling out over family, they haven't been nearly as close - but they're still relations, when all else comes down. Makes for a solid Fixer, with his bounty contacts.

=Loose End's Earnings So Far:=
https://shadowrunonline.rpg-board.net/game-rooms-f5/loose-ends-t335.htm
+2 Karma
550 Nuyen
Binoculars (Rating 3)

Last edited by MisterBook on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:05 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Background for Bruddah   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 am

MisterBook's Newb Sauce Orkrem12
"Secret of life? Scratch where it itches."

Words grunted in an idle fashion, sounding a lot dirtier in their natural orz'et rather than smoothie monkey jabber. A code to live by for a couple of brothers living on the fringe between Pueblo and Confeds, running a poaching scheme to keep their little family commune fed. Honestly, Ereth bot'Nko - son of Nko - couldn't remember how he had started the little paracritter round-up for cash. It had just been passed down to him, father to son, when his Da was found torn to bits by something big, out in the boonhills. Tusked off more than he could chew.

Born in a tar-shack litter out in the middle of nowhere, Ereth and his kin had run wild. Free but starving; A classic tale, and not nearly as romantic as the trids might paint it. A lot more bellies swollen with disease from bad water, a lot less chirpy birds and sun shiney days. The family was never -happy-. You couldn't point to a moment in that miserable hovel and say, 'I wish I was there again'. But there was a sense of belonging, of momentum and complacency that was close enough. Dodge Pa when he got staggering drunk, break bones knocking heads with siblings and other 'families' off the hill. And always, at night, the western sky was a dirty brown smudge from Santa Fe; Like someone smeared steaming drek right across the night sky and blotted half the stars.

But, everyone needs to eat. And for a SINless hillbilly couple and their litter of brawny brats, poaching almost seemed perfect. Find something nice and rare, bag it, drag its dirty carcass back to the biggest Megacity and find some butcher willing to tear it apart for whatever fraggin' bits they needed to make magical drek and pretty skins for fancy carpets. It started out small, going from hunting for food to hunting for a few extra creds; Then the prices started going up. Bounties got put out on the more serious business, and it became a full time ordeal. Big Hork and Pa'd leave out for weeks at a time in a beat-out truck, leaving Ereth and his siblings to hunt down game for their own bellies. When the two'd get back, they'd be richer than when they left - and a lot less pretty, with new scars to show for it. Arrows where the weapon of choice; They didn't cost much, and you could sometimes re-use the ammo. Cheap, quiet, and it could arc over a barrier if you aimed it right. Blades were better; You didn't have to reload them. But guns simply became a natural progression as more and more money rolled in.

Sure, some of the critters were likely going extinct. Way Pa and Hork figured it, so where his kin if they didn't eat. Just natural selection. That attitude rubbed deep into Ereth at a young age; Survive first, morals later: Scratch where it itches, and leave the rest to the philosphers.

Ereth couldn't remember how old he was when Pa finally got torn up, having gone hunting without big brother Hork at his side. Birthdays are for the rich and spoiled. But Ereth had become bigger, broader than his younger siblings, and a lot better hand with his fist and wits. It only seemed natural that he simply pull junior to Hork's new seniority, and life rolled right over Pa's grave without a pause. He became the one comming home with Hork, sacks filled with new food, new weapons, new toys - and more scars to show for it. Eventually, naturally, Ereth stopped being 'Ereth' and became 'Mah Bruddah' with Hork, partner in full, there on every negotiation. The evolution from hunting paracritters to hunting bounties was subtle, but inevitable; Bounties paid more, and tended to have less claws and teeth. Usually. Enough Cred to really outfit the two partners, not just bring home sacks of food and water tablets. The high-life. Soon enough, they were able to deliver an actual generator to their Ma's shack, and leave it for the old codger to growl at; Her other children had long since grown up and taken up the 'family' business, or squatted down somewhere else to dump out another load of bastard orks in another run-down dump. Money was in sweet supply, Bruddah and Hork even earned enough for some real basic nuero-jobs, taken with the same quiet, grumbling discipline that came with standing still for hours at a time to watch a hidey-hole. The neuro-jobs were worth their cost ten times over, especially with the 'bigger' bounties and bigger critters started getting out of Bruddah and Hork's league. They were natural professionals, not trained but raised into the ability, competent and precise.

And then Bruddah went and messed it all up. Found himself a pretty young thing, smooth skin and all her teeth, not even a single crack in her tusk. But she went and got herself all big bellied with Bruddah's progency, and there wasn't much left to do. Hork was opposed; Dump the slitch was his call, and get back to the money. The argument was enough that the two got into a 'little' tussle, and left with noses broken up again. Bruddah settled himself down, even took a job at a mine for a small corp; Simple call. They were hiring SINless right out of the hills, 'caused they'd hit a fault line and couldn't trust it to hold the mile long 'snake' bore without crumbling and breaking that very expensive piece of equipment up. Bruddah's part was like any other; Walk in, lay out a few plastiques in pre-drilled holes, then clear out the mess afterwards. Pick up the pay on the way out. And if somebody got blown apart in the meanwhile, or crushed when the mine collapsed? No trace, no insurance, no fallout. Then let the giant metal bore creep in a few more feet, and hold the ceiling up.

It was all going well, the corp sticking their noses up in the air at the engineers who warned of immenient collapse; Beyond schedule and way below budget. SINless don't pull no worker rights, and they work cheap. And there's always more. Then the whole damn mountain came down, dropping in average altitude by twenty feet and cutting that bore snake in half - along with burying every illegal worker in the hole. The original thought was no survivors, until weak radio transmissions revealed that a few were still alive in pockets here and there.

The corp decided it'd be too expensive to dig them out, and wrote it off.

While Bruddah wasn't part of the riot that followed that announcement, he was a victim of it. Rounded up with the rest of the drek, processed into the criminal record and prepped for shipment to a 'secure' holding location. It was mid-transit that his luck finally turned for the better, as a Runner team sent in to 'break up' the rioter's leadership had a nut in their midst. Always one in every Run, fellow who sees something in security uniform and has a little switch break in their heads. The prison truck was overturned in the ensuing violence by a loose grenade, and Bruddah - staggered and bleeding - managed to escape.

It's been sometime since then, Bruddah having taken his litter of bastards and their drawn out mother deeper into the city looking for work. But whats an ork to do, when all he knows is how to run folk down and bring 'em back with heart beating or heart removed? Why, simple enough; Pick up the ol' shotgun and get to it. Got mouths to feed, and money to make if he's gonna get back on top of his game again. Even a trog's got dreams, chum.

Last edited by MisterBook on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Kraft   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 am

Name: Theseus Mail
Aka: Kraft
Type: Human (Probably)
Awake?: Mundane
Occup: Combat Medic
Lifestyle: Middle

"This is going to hurt. A lot. But you'll survive.."

Attributes
Body: 2 (5 on everything but head)
Agility: 3 (7 on all limbs)
Reaction: 3
Strength: 2 (5 on all limbs)
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 5
Logic: 6
Willpower: 5

Edge: 2
Initiative: 8 + 1 pass
Essence: 1

Active Skills
Pistols : 4
Cybertechnology : 4
First Aid (Combat Wounds) : 5 (+2)
Medicine (Trauma Surgery) : 5 (+2)
Longarms (Shotguns) : 2 (+2)
Perception (Visual) : 4 (+2)
Leadership : 2
Negotiation : 3
Pilot Ground Craft (Wheeled) : 2 (+2)
Dodge : 2
Inflitration : 2

Languages
English : N
Turkish (Speak) : 3 (+2)
German (Speak) : 1 (+2)
Arabic (Speak) : 2 (+2)

Knowledge Skills
Biology (Anatomy) : 4 + 1 (+2)
Chemistry (Organic Chemistry) : 4 + 1 (+2)
Sports (Urban Brawl) : 3 (+2)
Street Drugs : 2
Literature : 1
Poison antidotes : 3
Medical Background : 4

Positive Qualities
Photographic Memory
Biocompatability (10% less essence loss, only on cybernetics)
College Education (+1 on all Academic knowledge skills)
Erased (His data trail and records vanish from all but the most secure systems shortly after being entered.)
Analytical Mind

Negative Qualities
Augmentation Addict
Flashbacks (1d6 Minutes, Urban Brawl moments)
Wanted (Outstanding bounty of 20,000 Nuyen)
Weak Immune System
Compulsive (Everything must be cleaned, tidy, and ready for emergencies)

Cyberwares
(All Cyber replacements start with body, agility, and strength of 3. All standard grade.)

Synthetic Full Leg
+ + Body (Rating 2)
+ + Strength (Rating 2)
+ + Agility (Rating 4)
Synthetic Full Leg
+ + Body (Rating 2)
+ + Strength (Rating 2)
+ + Agility (Rating 4)
Synthetic Torso
+ Biomonitor
+ + Body (Rating 2)
Synthetic Full Arm (Modular)
+ Built-in Medkit (Rating 4, replaced Hand)
+ + Body (Rating 2)
+ + Strength (Rating 2)
+ + Agility (Rating 4)
Synthetic Full Arm (Modular)
+ + Body (Rating 2)
+ + Strength (Rating 2)
+ + Agility (Rating 4)

Weapons
Ares Predator IV
Defiance T-250
50 boxes heavy pistol Ammo (10 shots)
50 boxes shotgun ammo (10 shots)

Armors
Form-Fitting Body Armor Full-Body Suit (6/2) (3/1 for purposes of encumberance)
Industrious Line Jumpsuit (5/4) (2 points Fire Resistance, Chemical Resistance, Insulation, able to carry kit's worth of utilities or med components)
Berwick Line Trousers (1/1)
Berwick Line Shirt (1/0)
Berwick Line Suit Jacket (3/2)
Desert Goggles
Desert Suit (0/0)

Vehicles
Ford-Canada Buffalo RV
+Extreme Environmental Mod (Desert)
+ Medical Workshop (Mobile)

Commlinks
Commlink : Sony Emperor (Response 2, Signal 3)
+ Renraku Ichi OS (Firewall 2, System 2)
+ Environmental Resistance
+ Subvocal Microphone (-4 perception to overhear)

Equipments (49 BP, including Cyber)
Monocle (Rating 4) - Monocles are worn on a headband with a flip-down arm, or on a chain.
+Smartlink
+Thermographic Vision
+Image Link
+Vision Magnification

Glasses (Rating 4)
+Thermographic Vision
+Vision Enhancement (Rating 3)

Fake License (Rating 4) - Doctor's License
Fake License (Rating 4) - Weapons License
Fake Sin (Rating 4) - 'Dr. Michael Theus'

10x Plastic Restraints (per 10)
Maglock Passkey (Rating 4)
Wire clippers
10x Light Stick

Respirator (Rating 6)
Survival Kit
Medkit (Rating 4)
4x Antidote Patch (Rating 4)
4x Stimulant Patch (Rating 4)
4x Tranq Patch (Rating 6)
2x Trauma Patch

50x Rations
5x Water Purification Tablets (10 pack)
2x Desert Survival Kit
Desert Tent
Solar Still
Full Face Mask

(Supplies in Medical Shop)
10x Medkit Supplies
5x Long Haul
5x NoPaint (Numb, PBG)
5x Kamikaze
5x Jazz (Popper)
5x Guts (NoFear, Brass Balls)
1x K-10 (Blood of Kali)
10x Dopadrine
20x G3 (Gerilixir, Vitalité)
20x Cram
20x Bliss
200x Betel (CorpCandy, Jaw)
20x Betameth (Buzz, Rigger’s Cocktail)
20x Nitro
20x Novacoke
2x Loco
4x Psyche
4x Ripper (J-H, Roid Patch)
4x Slab (Coeur d’Hiver, Ghulpille)
4x Zero (Cybertram, Doctor Bob’s Allergy Elixir)

Box of Inhalers (4 to a box)
20x Boxes Blank Slap Patch (10 patches per box)
20x C-Squared ('Cleaner Cleaner', Rating 4)
20x Dry Lubricant (10 batches)
Box of 500 Disposable Syringe
2x HazMat Suit

Handheld Sensor (Capacity 3)
+ MAD (rating 3)
+ Atmospheric Sensor (Rating 3)
+ Geiger Counter

3x Tool Kit:
Chemistry Kit
Forensics Kit
Science (Chemical Analyzation) Kit

Contacts (Includes 6 free Contact BP from Karavan)
Dr. Sarah (L:3 C:3)
Kraft's former love interest, general Doc Wagon surgeon and all around well connected woman. Despite the fallout, she still cares enough about both Kraft and nuyen to provide him material - and information.

Immodesty (L:4 C:4)
A technomancer who was shot and left to die on the street, and that Kraft happened to stumble across. After stabilizing her and patching her back up again, the two began a friendship that occasionally blossomed beyond the boundaries of patient/doctor interactions. Immodesty is also the woman that Kraft paid a lot of money too to burn his previous life - and keep it burned, by whatever means necessary.

Erdinc Turksever (L:2 C:3)
A fixer of little reknown but some skills. Despite his relatively new entrace to the game, he has fingers in several pies already. A former intelligence officer 'released' for running a few side deals to line his own pocket. Like many of his contacts, Kraft started the 'business' relationship while patching the man back together.

Tugdar Dasdemir (L:1 C:2)
A mechanic of some skill and quite a bit of gear, but utterly devoted to the business of making money. There is a solid seperation between his 'work' life and his personal life that's preferable when dealing with the less savory types. Sold Kraft the upgraded Buffalo, and offered further service - as long as it was nuyen up front.

==Current Standings from Karavan==
Karma +5
Nuyen ON Hand: 800
Flechettche: 5x Boxes of 10 shots

Last edited by MisterBook on Sun May 30, 2010 11:52 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Kraft Background   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 am

MisterBook's Newb Sauce Kraft10

To say that I was a sickly child would be a bit of an understatement; I had practically no immune system, where disease was concerned, and by body never quite process nuitrients correctly. Thus, not only was I susceptible to constant infection, but I was thin and gangly as well. A miserable combination for any youth. In cliche fashion, where my body was weak, my will was strong; I turned to my studies. While my family was most certainly a lot better off than the vast majority of the dreg of the city, compared to the rest of our commune within the Xerxes facility, we were vaguely middle class. In fact, our luck turned when rumor came along that I, myself, might be awakened; The signs were there. Precocious, intelligent, 'unusual' in my obsessive cleaning - a habit I picked up after one too many lung infections. My parents were promoted, and I was placed into a far more advanced curriculum, the A-rated corp under which we lived and worked practically drooling at the chance to garner a 'home brewed' mage.

Alas, it never came true. I never Awoke, and - happily - remained quite mundane far past the age of puberty, where I was written off. Fortunately, the increased attention and interactive class experience allowed me to progress quite rapidly through the educational rankings. Xerxes then removed me from the advanced watch for the potentially Awake, and instead institutionalized me in their advanced education degrees. When asked for my career path, even at the meager age of sixteen I knew precisely what I'd be.

Perhaps it was my interaction with doctors far more than my parents. Perhaps my inability to be irresponsible with my body, for fear of death by fever. Whatever the case, I choose to join the small but elite medical corps of Xerxes. I progressed rapidly through my seven years of study, and by age twenty three had garnered my first doctorate. Of course, I had to make a choice - then - as to my eventual destination. The contract under which my education had been fulfilled was heavily weighted in Xerxes favor; Remain with them, and only pay half of my school debt, or leave and pay the entire sum plus interest.

I left.

Free and in debt, I was quickly taken up by DocWagon; After all, I could not work in a traditional setting, not with my immuno-response failure. There, I meet Dr. Sarah Fair, and - while we certainly did not fall in love - we came quite close. I believe I would have remained quite happily occupied in the deep bunkers of DocWagon's personal hospitals, had I not gotten a simple staph infection in my leg. Such a miserly little thing, I hardly paid it any attention besides simple antibiotics.

I had not realized it had self-complicated. The staph infection became fully necrotic within a week, having intertwined with a seperate infection transfered from a patient. I had to undergo amputation to save my own life. This, then, may have been just another sad tale in the life of Doctor Mails, had not a miraculous thing happen;

My leg was replaced, with a cybernetic counter-part - the best we could afford on our own insurance claim. But I could -feel- the strength of it. Sturdier, stronger, more agile than my weak flesh had ever been. I was fascinated by this, and began quickly hoarding my money to replace my other leg, with Doctor Sarah's hesitant help. Oh, the grandeur! I was faster, steadier, -stronger- than I had ever been before on the miserable stilts of muscle and bone that had previously held up my trunk. It was a drunken feeling, and I wanted more. I began to steal supplies from DocWagon pharmacueticals, selling them to rather nondescript fellows in order to feed my desire for more chrome. Dr. Sarah, bless her heart, was willing to help me to a point, but our own relationship grew colder as my passion to replace my pathetic flesh increased. My paychecks simply would not come fast enough or be large enough, and even the side business of stealing from the pharmacy wasn't moving things along nearly enough for my tastes.

That is where I discovered Urban Brawl. Ah, an unusual combination, wouldn't one think? But it was perfect! For someone of my repute and ability, they were willing to pay quite a fortune; For someone like me also willing to indebt himself, signing in to be the field medic for the team and be chromed enough to keep up? It was a pleasant business for both sides. Within a mere year and a half, I had gone from being nearly on crutches to a cybernetic warrior. Lifting olympic style weights, running marathons, without the shakes and pains of soft muscle. Drunken with the power of it all, I took my place on the team, happily volunteering as the on-field med-tech. My job was simple; Find the most injured players, and get them back into the brawl as quickly as possible. To this end, I was trained in pistols and later in shotguns, once we began competing against the more heavily sponsored teams.

Ah, and the drugs! Such a potent cocktail I could put together, to get our boys back in the game again. A veritable speedball of Ripper, G3, Guts and Woad to get our offensive line into a frothing, screaming hoarde - and then dopadrine and eX to help bring them down from the combat high, to let the pain once again flow through the body so that they could be patched together for the next match. Illegal? Highly, but encouraged and practically a sport in its own right.

It was during this brief tenure that I stumbled - quite literally - across Immodesty. The only name she would grant to me, even now. I had not known she was a Technomancer when I found her haplessly sprawled outside my apartment building, but I took her in none the less. She survived her encounter with whatever or whoever had implanted led into her guts, and was quite gracious for my assistance. Gratitude that spilled into far more than simple exchanges of favors, as we grew closer.

But even then, I could not be happy. I felt it again; The urge to become -more-. My implants, my precious cybernetic shells, were becoming outmoded; Slower, weaker, clumsier than those I saw more often around me. But the Brawl team for who I was a contracted member would not pay to have me upgraded further, I was already more than useful enough in my current iteration. So I did what I had too.

I stole their playbook, and sold it online for the money.

It was a terrible shame they found out about it, of course. I very nearly got away clean. But, fate does happen to the best of us, and I had no choice but to run. But where could I go? My SIN was tracked and logged everywhere, and my apartment had already been raided by the private security force belonging to the Brawlers. With a bounty of twenty thousand nuyen on my head, it was only a matter of time before I was hunted down.

Ah, and then my sweet angel, Immodesty, came through for me again. I gave her all that I had left; My entire nest egg, inheireted from my parents upon their death. She burned away my old SIN with her responsive cyber-wizardry, and maintained a constant monitor for me as I fled the city-state, the country, even the continent. It was time for a new life...

And some upgrades.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Lost Safari Character - 900 Karma Build   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 am

This character is made specifically for Durandana's 'Lost Safari' game. It was built using the Karma system, at 900 Karma build. It is not intended for use in 'regular' shadowrun games.

Name: Lance Bishop
Type: Mercenary
Meta: Human
Mundane

Quote: "If it bleeds, it dies. If it doesn't bleed, it dies harder."

Attributes
Body: 5
Agility: 5
Reaction: 5 (7)
Strength: 4 (5 in Armor)
Charisma: 5
Logic: 4
Willpower: 5

Initiative: 12
IP: 3
Essence: 4.85

Active Skills
Athletics Group: 3
Blades (Knives) : 2 (4)
Dodge : 5
Heavy Weapons : 5
Pistols : 4
Unarmed Combat : 5
Inflitration : 4
Survival : 3
Tracking : 3
Leadership (Tactics) : 5 (7)
Intimidation : 2
Armorer : 3
Demolitions (Improvised) : 2
First Aid (Combat Wounds) : 3 (5)
Perception (Visual) : 4 (6)

Knowledge Skills
English : N
Spanish (Speak) : 3 (5)
Firearms : 2
Military (Special Forces) : 3 (5)
Red Fang Procedures : 2
Magical Threats : 2
Small Unit Tactics : 3
Poison antidotes : 3
History: 1

Positive Qualities
Ambidextrous
Guts
Common Sense
Sense of Direction

Negative Qualities
Bad Luck

Biowares
Sleep Regulator
Synaptic Booster 2

Armors
Military Helmet (+2, +2) (Contains a commlink with a overall rating of 4, camera, and flare compensation, image link, and smartlink enhancements.)
+Thermographic Vision
+Vision Magnification
+Vision Enhancement (Rating 3)

Light Military Armor (12, 10)
+ Mobility Upgrade (Rating 2) (Removes encumberance modifier, +2 to running tests)
+ Hydraulic Jacks (Rating 4)
+ Strength Upgrade (Rating 1)

Weapons
Ultimax MMG
+ Gyro Stabilization
+ Gas-Vent 3 System
+ Sling
+ Smartgun System, external
Remington Roomsweeper
+ Smartgun System, external

Vibro Blade Knife

Equipment:
Smart Pouch Comabat Load Vest
+ 4x Smart Ammunition Pouch
+ Smart Canteen Pouch (1-litter)

On Vest:

4x High Explosive Grenades
2x Smoke
3x Flash Grenade
3x Flare Grenade

Backpack

On Backpack
4x Ammo Box/Drum (100 count)
+ 400 Regular Ammo
10x Regular Shotgun Slug (10 shots)
10x Flechette Rounds (10 shots)
EX-Explosive Rounds (10 shots)

Equipment In Backpack
5x Metal Restraint
Wire clippers
Respirator (Rating 6)
Medkit (Rating 6)
10x Stimulant Patch (Rating 3)
Trauma Patch
10x Rations
10x Water Tablets
Tent
Armorer Tool Kit
Binocular
Chisel
Miniwelder
10x Light Stick
Flashlight

Last edited by MisterBook on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: MisterBook's Newb Sauce   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:48 am

MisterBook's Newb Sauce In_the10

>>> File Extraction Commencing
>>> De-Encryption Algorithm Zeta Chi Epsilon
>>> Extraction Complete
>>> ...
>>> ...
>>> Loading Page
RED FANGS

Name: Lance Bishop
Sex: Male
Meta: Homo Sapien
Spec: Tactical Ops, Recon, Extended Deployment

History:

Subject is a former member of UCAS Special-Ops. Former resident of Chicago before Crash Event 2.0, enlisted to assist in removing Insect Spirit threats in the area. Versatile and trained in heavy weapons deployment, in addition to small-unit guerilla tactics, counter-terrorism and intrusion/extraction. Experience with dealing in pro-bar supernatural occurances.

Stripped of rank, and dishonorably discharged after misfire incident on civilian populace. Subject was recruited by Red Fang during creation of Tango Foxtrot column for foreign deployment. There are several small reprimands on file for failure to return ordinance after successful missions.

Profile - Performed by Doctor Akheem Aleed:

Despite the gruff exterior, I have found Lance Bishop to be a remarkably well balanced individual. After initial word-response tests and personal interviews, I believe Bishop to have a detached-ego complex brought about by his early childhood experiences with distant parents and the unusually rough nature of his lifestyle in the ruins of Chicago. He has a remarkable focus on the aspects of self-responsibility, which he is constantly imposing on anyone who will listen. Despite this, there is a natural appeal to his get-tough-or-die attitude that tends to reflect itself to the soldiery around him. He is well aware of the affect of morale on a unit's cohesion, very likely due to his experience in leading several long-term deployment teams deep into the heart of the contaminated zone of Chicago.

He has become obsessed with perfection in all its aspects, from physical to mental, and spends nearly as much time honing his body as his mind. Were he in a civilian outfit, I would suggest forced leave of absence or vacation, along with several therapeutic sessions to help remove this psychological compulsion to stress himself. However, considering the current status of the subject and history, he may be perfectly suited to the 'Yucatan' occurance. I have included several transcripts of our brief interviews together, for reference.

>>> Audio Loading...
>>> Loaded.
>>> Play-Back Commence

Dr. Aleed: "And how do you feel about your less-than-human co-workers?"

Bishop: "Soldiers. Not co-workers."

Dr. Aleed: "Forgive me. How do you feel about the less-than-human soldiers that you must work with?"

Bishop: "They're a hell of a lot more human than some of the things I've seen, Doc. No difference."

Dr. Aleed: "I notice you haven't taken your leave for nearly.. thirteen months. Care to expand upon that? Everyone needs sleep."

Bishop: "Less sleep than most. I've got the regulator to keep me ticking."

Dr. Aleed: "True enough, but what about stress? Isn't there a time when you should relax, before you burn yourself out?"

Bishop: "I like stress. Thats how you make the sharpest blades; You stress the [Explecitive] out of them while they're white hot."

>>> End Recording.
>>> Approve For Deployment? Y/N
>>> Deployment Approved
>>> Orders Relayed...
>>> End Session. Begin Next File Extraction?
>>> ....
>>> ....
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: MisterBook's Newb Sauce   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Name: Vijender Kumar
Aka: Supra
Meta: Homo Sapien, SURGE III classification
Type: Mundane
Archetype: Special Ops

Lifestyle: Low

Attributes
Body: 4
Agility: 5
Reaction: 5 (7)
Strength: 3
Charisma: 2
Logic: 2
Willpower: 2

Initiative: 12
IP: 3
Essence: 4.35

Positive Qualities
Surge III
+Positive mutations:
++Fangs
++Natural Venom Sac (Venom, injection, immediate, power 7, paralysis) (4 doses, 24 hours to generate a dose, provides natural immunity)
++Thermal Sensitivity (Acts like thermal organs)
++Setae (Acts like gecko hands)

+Negative mutations:
++Scales - full body
++Critter Spook
++Extravagant Eyes

Erased
Night Vision (Provides Low Light vision modifiers)
Guts

Negative Qualities
Gene Freak (-3 on social tests (in person), except Intimidation, which gets +2)
Traceless (Biometric signs will never match fake SIN)
Enemy
Allergy com/mild (Cold weather < 38 F)

Active Skills
Athletics Group : 1
Outdoors Group: 3
Inflitration (Urban) : 4 (6)
Shadowing : 3
Blades : 3
Unarmed Combat : 3
Dodge : 2
Perception : 4
Pistols : 3
Intimidation : 2
Escape artist : 1
Pilot Ground Craft : 2
Exotic Melee (Garrote) - 1

Knowledge Skills
Hindi : N
English (Speak) : 3 (5)
Italian (Speak) : 2 (4)
Smuggling routes : 3
Mafia : 2
Area Knowledge: Chicago (Lake-side) : 1 (3)
World Religions (Hinduism) : 1 (3)
Safe Houses : 2
Begalooru (Tactics) : 3 (5)
Security Procedures (Hostage Rescue) : 2 (4)

Biowares:
Synaptic Booster 2
Digestive Expansion
Sleep Regulator

Armors
Clothing (Regular)
Armor Clothing (Full body robe) - 4/0

Form-Fitting Body Armor Full-Body Suit (6/2, -4 to visually perceive)
+Ruthenium Polymer Coating Armor Modification
+Thermal Dampening (Rating 4)

Weapons
2x Underarm Snap-Blades (4P, retractable)
Kris (3P)
Vibro Knife (4P, -2 AP)
Garrote (2P, used in place of stun during subdual combat)

Yamaha Sakura Fubuki (4P, 1 RC, SA/BF (Narrow Burst Only at 1 Recoil), 10 (ml) * 4 - four clips laid atop one another)
+Concealable Holster (-1 Concealability)
+Smartgun System, external
+Silencer (-4 to audible perceptions)
+Personalized Grip (-1 RC)

Ares Silvergun (8P Flechette, +2 AP, SA/BF 30 (c), Internal Silencer)
+Concealable Holster (-1 Concealability)
+Smartgun System, external
+Personalized Grip (-1 RC)

3x Flash-Bang (6s, -3 AP, 10m Radius)
3x Narcojet Gas Grenade (Immediate, power 10, stun only - last 4 combat rounds)
20x Regular Ammo (10 shots)
4x Stick-n-Shock (10 shots) (6S, taser)
8x Ex-Explosive (10 shots)
4x Silver Bullets (10 shots)
9x Flechette (10 Shots)
37x Spare Clips

Vehicles
Yamaha Growler (Off-Road Bike)

Equipments
Fake License (Rating 4) (For Weapons)
Fake Sin (Rating 4) (Fajeet Muhammad)

Commlink : Renraku Sensei (2 Resonse, 4 Signal)
+Renraku Ichi OS (2 Firewall, 2 System)
Subvocal Microphone
Contact Lenses (Rating 4)
+Smartlink
+Imagelink
Earbud (Rating 3)
+ Audio Enhancement (Rating 3)

10x Metal Restraint
Maglock Passkey (Rating 4)
Miniwelder
Wire clippers
10x Light Stick
Respirator (Rating 4)
Survival Kit
Biomonitor
10x Rations
Radiation Film Badge
Glasscutter
Tag Eraser

Smart Pack
+Smart Canteen Pouch (1-litter)
+Smart Ration Pouch (3-day supply)

Smart Combat Load Vest
+ 4x Smart Ammo Pouch (12 Clips Total)

Medkit (Rating 4)

Contacts
Leander Paes (L:2 C:3)
A friend and a one of Vijender's former begalooru mates, Leander and Vijender got along just fine until Vijender's sudden and drastic metamorphesus. Though their friendship has cooled dramatically due to Vijender's alien appearance and subsequent defection, they still remain good business partners. He is also the only member of Begalooru not actively trying to hunt Vijender down - for now.

Last edited by MisterBook on Tue May 04, 2010 10:57 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: MisterBook's Newb Sauce   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:44 pm

MisterBook's Newb Sauce Thane_11

Vijender Kumar was given to the monks of a small Kshatriya Temple as a babe in India, and has never known his parents; Though rumor had come that he was born uncleanly, to Brahmins, and thus given to a lower caste in the Hindu creed. There he came into age as brahmacarya, studying the ancient
scripts of the warrior caste. His interest, however, quickly turned to fascination with the Kali - the adepts of war, whose mythical prowess transcended human limitations in a fashion most startling. Despite the heresy of his studies, and the warnings that such skill was a gift from the Heavens and could not be 'learned', Vijender began combining Hatha Yoga with what meditation practices he could beg or borrow from those blessed as 'Adepts'. For all that he trained, however, it was not enough, and his impertinence drove the temple masters to dismiss him from their presence - a lack of scholary aptitude, and coveting beyond what he was given.

Vinjender knew of no other life than that of a monk's apprentice; He knew no skills beyond his own physical training, and was far too young to be taken seriously on his own. It was here that he fell into the less than loving arms of the Begalooru. India's own form of organized crime, one part mafia and one part assassin cult, they purchased Vijender's loyalty by promising him a way to find the Kali's secret; To gaining the powers of an adept for a mundane. His talents were turned to a darker purpose, and he was sent as a fore-runner with many of the shipments the Begalooru made into the Americas; What was in them, Vijender - now known as Supra, the Snake - did not know. It was not his job to know. His job was to act as both scout and enforcer, to ensure the shipments meet no trouble.

And to remove troublesome people, when they began to pry too closely, or demanded a share far too hefty from an original 'contract'. His preference had always been towards the quiet; There was a pride in his skills, though corrupted from their origins, that seperated him from a standard thug. He was placed in conjunction with an older member of the Begalooru named Leander Paes - also better known as Meethi Churi. It was then that he was finally given leave to take the 'officer' test, and become a full member of the Begalooru, with all the privledges granted. The task? Slit and drink the acidic blood of the Bos Malus; The hellcow. Holy to those whose aspect lies with Krishna, and heavily guarded. It was both a test of skill - and taboo. How far would a fallen Hindi go?

The infiltration of the wall went without a hitch; The tricky part was getting inside, but once there, the hellcows were left to their own devices. They weren't exactly defenseless, after all. But with silenced pistols and the Bos Malus were sleepy after their lactonic feeding on fresh meat, and the darkening hour; One was found, away from the herd, and quietly put down. With Meethi Churi recording in simsense as proof, Supra slit the cow's neck and drank the bitter, acidic blood. It was a success..

Except that the other hellcows smelled the blood. And became quite excited. The rest is mostly a blurr of running back to the point they came through, Supra half-supported by Meethi, a horrible gash torn across his back from the pursuing beasts. The two managed to get back across the wall, mostly by pure luck, and thought they were finished with the business - until the government posted a bounty on Supra's head. They had recovered his DNA from the clawed hooves of the hellcows.

If this wasn't enough, Supra had caught a 'minor' illness from the hellcow's blood. Knowing that he could not remain in India, he invoked his privledges as a full officer of Begalooru - and disappeared. His official records slowly eaten away by a dataphage that continued to seek out his personal information, equipped with a new identity, and sent to the Americas. More specifically, the most troublesome 'trade point' the Begalooru had; Chicago.

Within weeks of his arrival with his old friend, Supra's 'fever' became something worse. He was wracked with pains, bleeding profusely and unable to maintain his own fluid levels. And then he Changed. Over the course of a week, in a small hovel clinic, his flesh split asunder and shed itself to reveal scales. His teeth fell out, only to be replaced by something sharper, more animalistic. While he and Meethi had given away their religion in their joining of the Begalooru, neither could deny a supernatural fear; Supra had been cursed for his desecration, and that curse had born itself ironically in the form of his code-name. Supra broke off contact from the Begalooru, cutting all ties beyond that of his partner - though even that relationship became strained, as the Begalooru do not allow people to depart from their ranks alive. For his own safety, Meethi became distant, though he did contact a Chicago hacker on Supra's behalf - and nuyen - to rewrite the dataphage, and pull it from the Begalooru's direct control.

It has been years since that fateful arrival, and Supra has never gone back. Now a freelance, his skills were given primarily to the mafia - earning enough money to get away from the Begalooru's state-side smuggling operations and into a place he could disappear: Seattle.

Supra painted his tilaka in grey ash to symbolize his own uncleanliness, as an aghori might, and then began the long process of trying to find a cure.. A way to reverse the curse through man's technology. If he was herectic enough to believe he could take the gift of magic, why should he now believe that his condition was irreversable? It was this burning desire to be himself once more that has expanded his search for work deep into the shadows. Not to mention that even a monster needs to eat..
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: MisterBook's Newb Sauce   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:05 am

Name: Tsotsoe
Aka: Sue, Book, Sparky, Radio
Meta: Human (Surge II)

Quote: "Also, I HATE the lower REPS. Bunch of friggin' idiots. Hey, is anyone listening? Hello? Huh, no answer. Oh well, they're probably still reading the awesome thing I just posted thirty seconds ago, I'll keep typing and fill their screens with useless chatter. Oh, look, a Squirrel. And a ... ghoul..?"

B 4
A 3
S 4(5)
R 2(3)
L 4(4)
I 3
W 1
C 3

E 2 00
Ess 3.25
I: 7
IP: 2

Lifestyle: Medium

Positive SURGE II
10BP - Toughness - +1 against damage
10BP - Vomeronasal Organ - +3 percep, +2 soc

Negative SURGE II
5BP - Reduced Hearing (-3 sound test)
5BP - Allergy (mild) - Cat Dandruff

Electronic Group: 3 - 30
Influence Group: 1 - 10
Hacking: 2
Electronic Warfare 1
Pistols: 1
Longarms: 1
Unarmed: 2
Clubs: 1
Industrial Mechanic: 1
Pilot Ground Craft: 2
Palming: 1
Perception: 1 (Visual 3)
Survival: 2
Navigation: 2
Auto Mechanic: 2
First Aid: 1

English: N
Navajo: 3
Spanish: 2

Computer Background: 2

Mathematics 3
Chemistry: 1
Biology: 2
History: 1
Literature: 1

Small Business Security: 2
Wireless Communications: 3
Small Business (Ranch): 1 (3)

Gear 21 BP

Cyber/Bio
Sleep Regulator
Cerebral Booster
Mnemonic Enhancer
Cat Eyes
Muscle Augmentation 1

Wired Reflexes 1
Datajack

Armor Jacket - 8/6

Sledghammer "The Ugly Stick": Improvised Weapon (str/2 + 3)
Monkey Wrench "Nipple Twister": Improvised Weapon (Str/2 + 1)
Box Cutter "Slicey McSlicerton": Improvised Weapon (Str/2 + 1)

Ruger Super Warhawk: 250Y - 6P, -2 AP, 6 ammo (cy)
5 Speed Loader
4 Boxes of Regular Ammo

Miniwelder
Wireclipper
Flashlight
Duct Tape
Auto Repair Kit
Medkit Rating 3

Contact Lenses (Rating 2)
+Image Link
+Magnification

CommLink (Marked with MicroComm Logo - company property): Transys Avalon: 2 BP - Res 4, Sig 4 - Cold Rig only.
+Pro User suite: Analyze 4, Browse 4, Command 2, Edit 4
+Scan 3:
+Exploit 2:
+Medic 3:
+Sniffer 2:
+Track 3:

Toyota Gopher - Hand 0, Accel 5/20, Speed 100, Body 14, Armor 8

Last edited by MisterBook on Tue May 18, 2010 9:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: MisterBook's Newb Sauce   MisterBook's Newb Sauce EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:17 am

Irony.

My life has always been filled with a distinct sense of irony, if I'm using that word in the correct manner. A good example? I'm half-deaf but I work at a call center, helping fix commlink problems for our subscribing customers. Another? I'm allergic to cat dander, so I keep four cats around my place for my wife and kid. I'm silent as the grave in person, but chatty as a hyperactive moron over the 'trix.

Want another? I was born in the boondocks, so far away from civilization that my nose never quite got poisoned by growing up city. I can still smell the drying tar when I drive around with the window down. I grew up stout, thick around the middle and thick in the head, with a brain for patterns. But instead of following the glorious old family tradition of grease monkey and specialty meat rancher, I went and got myself hooked into the wireless signal and never looked back. I've got the baby face of a twelve year old and a body of a thirty something year old bear, so someone's always either looking for a fight or asking for my ID. You'd think the creeping white hair would give it away.

But my life was wonderful. Oh, I'd never be rich, but I had a good family, and a brilliant baby girl. I'd go to work in my beaten on old gopher, stroll through the center in a ratty old hawaiin shirt, and plop down to blow away all those other wageslaves sitting in their mini-cubicles like me. Advanced Technical Support; Took me a year to get it, but the perks were beyond belief. I was good at my job. Wasn't exactly the healthiest I'd ever been, and all that good solid muscle I earned from a few years hauling crate was starting to turn to fat, but what I lacked in classic lantern jaw stoicness I made up for in jolly good times.

And then I heard it. Little rumors, screaming fanatics on the public stations. I sent my wife and kid packing, heading for a hundred acre kill-zone out on the fringes where my old man lived; He could take a buck in the eye at half a mile, he'd have no problem keeping them safe for a while.

If this wasn't just some overblown hoax.

Me? I stayed around. Work doesn't stop just because halloween came early. Just keep the gun in the truck's glove compartment, and tuck the old 'ugly stick' behind the seats with my break-down set. I figured whatever it was would be handled, and I could just get on with life.

... Never been so wrong before. Must be losing my touch. Now I'm here, with you, stuck in a city that's gone from metaphorically carniverous to brutally, literally so. I know my family's safe; I over-rode a primary line to make sure of it, before communications went down entirely. Now I've got to get out. Get home. By whatever means necessary..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MisterBook's Newb Sauce   MisterBook's Newb Sauce Empty

Back to top Go down

MisterBook's Newb Sauce
Page 1 of 1