Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeKaravan OOC - Page 10 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Karavan OOC

Go down 
+3
Bear
Azonalanthious
Vanya's Devil
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Karavan OOC - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:02 am

Bear, your post.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:20 am

And it is morning! Posting for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:38 am

So... Nalan is still under the effects of Guts? Or is a night's rest enough to let it pass?
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:58 am

The Guts is gone. While it would've normally taken longer, Kraft has taken active steps to get it out of your system quicker. You wake up lucid and with a splitting headache. Your memory of events after you got shot are also really spotty.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Everyone gets 3 Karma: 1 for stopping the raid, 1 for keeping all of the villagers alive, and 1 for not leveling the town when Nalan got high on Guts. Ace regains a point of Edge.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Loading up four doses of Cram, 1 per slap patch. +1 Reaction, +1 Pass, 12-Body hours, 6S unresisted Stun at the end.
Loading up one dose of Kamikaze, 1 disposable syringe. +1 Bod, +1 Agil, +2 Strength, +1 Will, +1 Pass, High Pain Tolerance 3. Crashes after 10x1d6 minutes. Upon crashing, -1 Reaction, -1 Willpower for 10x1d6 minutes, suffer 6S unresisted.

4 Stim Patches (rating 4)

1 Trauma patch

Medkit (Rating 4), in addition to built in med-kit in cyberhand (rating 4).

Fully loading shotgun with flechette shells, and keeping the four other boxes in my jumpsuit.

Making certain I have my form fitting armor -under- my jumpsuit, to protect my pretty, pretty organs.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:34 am

Random thought: maybe we should have a separate thread for each 'run, instead of having one thread with all the runs on there. It'd be much easier to go back and find the events of one particular 'run if each 'run was given its own thread and clearly labeled rather than having to search through one thread with a hundred or more pages. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:19 am

Hmm...that's a really good idea. Let's do that.
Now, if only I could change the name of the thread....
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:44 am

You can. Just edit the very first post and change the title. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:50 am

IT IS DONE! farao
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Everybody into the truck! It's time to go hunt some raiders.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Okay, so, because I'm evil, I decided to find TVTropes for all our characters. Check it out and let me know what you think:

Ace

Nalan

Serik

Doctor Theus (I found two for him)
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Nice.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:04 am

Okay, I need a vote as to whether I should apply the following rule change: Spells and Powers that hit automatically and are only resisted with one attribute are instead resisted with 2x Attribute.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to add what the hawk is doing. That's fixed now.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:39 am

I say no. Magic is dangerous and supposedly rare for a reason - because it's friggin' powerful.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:03 am

Definitely. As we realized in chat, they changed the mechanics for the whole system from SR3 but forgot to change how the threshold for spells work. So on a balance level, it's absolutely necessary.

On a more practical level, none of us has counterspelling, so if when we run into magical opposition we're pretty screwed.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:40 am

For those who weren't there for that conversation, Dura is referring to the way magic worked in SR3, where spells like Powerbolt and Control Thoughts had target numbers equal to one of the target's attributes. So, for example, a mage firing a Powerbolt at someone with Body 6 would need to roll a 6 on a single die in order to score a hit. If the target had Body 10, you needed to roll your pool, see how many sixes you got, reroll those sixes, and then see how many of those dice beat four. Only those counted as hits. Suffice to say, few people tried to Powerbolt trolls, especially if they could Manabolt, which was resisted with Willpower instead.

Now this was all very good and balanced, but then 4th rolled around and they changed the system to fixed target numbers. Problem was, they didn't change Manabolt at all to reflect this, making it suddenly far more powerful. By comparison, the only direct damage spells in SR3 with fixed target numbers were "Elemental Manipulations", which SR4 calls Indirect Combat Spells, and they were so powerful that their Base Drain Power was Force instead of Force / 2. (Dura, I know I said all Manipulation spells, but I looked it up and it was only Elemental Manipulations. Mind control and Shapechange were still F/2)

Of course, this means that another solution is to simply set drain for direct combat spells at Force + Modifiers instead of Force/2.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:06 am

I guess that's an option, if it makes mages approach the Force with which they cast direct combat spells any differently.

Personally, I still think the best option is to just remove direct combat spells but that's just me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:14 am

That's 'cuz you're a curmudgeon. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:33 am

I have always been of the school of "You don't have it, you better be able to make up for it." We had a mage, and he bailed. Nobody wanted to create a new one, so be it. If nobody had taken perception as a skill or any perception enhancers, you don't cut the enemies infiltration pools in half.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:37 am

Hardly the same thing and you know it.

If they'd forgot to change the way Perception worked from SR3 to SR4 a house rule would be in order then too.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:38 am

I would've proposed this change even if you had a party mage. This is more of an overall game balance tweak.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:42 am

Dura wrote:
Hardly the same thing and you know it.

If they'd forgot to change the way Perception worked from SR3 to SR4 a house rule would be in order then too.

You are making the assumption that they actually forgot. I have never seen any of the writer's claim such.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:50 am

You're making the assumption that they didn't forget. It's p. obvious bro.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:57 am

Yes. It is obvious that the writers completely forgot such a big change in a important part of the system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karavan OOC   Karavan OOC - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Karavan OOC
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next