Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 The Audition: Fighters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: The Audition: Fighters   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

The audition's for samurai-types applying for Suileor's team will be head here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: The Scene   Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 pm

You arrive promptly at 11 PM at the front gate of the warehouse. The gate is open. The front door of the warehouse is illuminated by a single streetlight; in its glare is a tall Elf standing easily. You {drive, walk, hop} over to him and introduce yourself.

"Thank you for coming. I am Suileor. Please go inside. I'll have to ask you to surrender your weapons when you enter; they'll be returned to you immediately before the audition begins. You will also be scanned by a MAD scanner and a cyberware scanner, nothing worse than you'd encounter in an airport. Any implanted weapons will be disabled, once again turned on immediately before the audition. I'm sorry, but you'll have to enter the building one at a time for safety reasons."

Looking at the building in AR, The only thing you see is an RFID tag. Activating it, you see the following sign. "Welcome! Please wait here if you are early."

You enter the front door into what looks like the building's lobby and hear the door lock behind you. The room has been set up as an airlock; only one metahuman is allowed in it at a time. Paint is peeling from the walls, but there's no signs of any damage beside simple neglect. The room is well-lit. There is a built-in receptionist desk; holes are all that remain of the hardware it used to house. Next to it, though, is a Novatech VTX-2500 Mobile Security Scanner. The box is easily 10 feet tall, with tinted dermaplast sides. There are no visible wires emerging from the unit. You check in AR, but the unit does not appear to have either an active or hidden wireless node. Next to it, a large tray emerges from the wall with a sign above, "Leave weapons here. Refusal will result in immediate failure of your audition. Press this button if you refuse. No harm will come to you." There is a big red button next to the tray.

A little disconcerted, you dump all your weapons and ammo into the tray, knowing the scanner will pick them up otherwise. You enter the scanner; it closes shut. A female computerized voice says, "Commencing weapon scan." A red light begins flashing in front of you, turning to green if you have no internal weapons. Otherwise, the same voice says, "Please confirm you agree to have all your implanted weapons disabled by saying 'Yes.' Refusal will result in immediate failure of your audition."

After you say yes, the diagnostic routines on your implanted weapons report imminent shutdown. You try to turn one back on, but it is unresponsive to the command. And that's very disconcerting. You didn't even realize the technology existed to do that!

Having been sufficiently deweaponized, you leave the scanner and walk through the door into another room. This one is brightly lit and has 10 folding chairs in it. Suileor is standing at the front of the room. You can see his features more clearly here. He is a tall, thin elf, typical of his kind. He has copper-brown hair, shaved at his right temple where a brace of datajacks blemish his otherwise smooth skin. He moves with a casual grace that belies martial arts training. Most striking, though, are his eyes: flecks of gold catch the light and sparkle in them.

The other competitors come through the scanner, and you all take a seat. In the room is a Troll with blonde hair, a human in battered walking duds, and a strange-looking (girl? woman?) with what looks like cyber raptor legs with and implanted downy fur and rabbit-like floppy ears. You've heard of some weird cybering up in the Awakened age; this one seems to want to take it to the next logical level.

As you settle into a seat, Suileor commences. Thank you again for being here. Street samurai, weaponmasters, sergeant-at-arms, gladiators, every era in history has had its elite combat specialists. This team needs one." Suileor turns and presses a button; a map appears in AR (and in hologram, if you forgot your commlink). "This is your arena, gladiators. The rules are simple. Last one still conscious wins. You will be scored on success, creativity and number of takedowns. But this team is a team that prefers non-lethality - killing a guard could cause repurcussions that knocking him unconscious wouldn't. Therefore, the death of a fellow competitor will result in loss of points. Beyond that, there are no rules, so I don't see any need to ask if you have any questions."

Seeing no questions (or ignoring any that do arise), Suileor continues. "Because you were made purposefully unaware of the parameters of your audition, I don't expect you to have the equipment you need to be successful in this endeavor. Therefore, I've made available a wide variety of weapons and armor to choose from. To heighten the tension, you will not know what your opponents have chosen until you're in the arena. Also, I need you to wear these," Suileor hands out AR trode nets, "to collect biometrics and telemetry from here until the end of the audition. Same rules for refusal apply, I'm afraid..."

You put the trode net on, and immediately see in front of your eyes a diagnostic routine run. In three seconds, the program flashes a green "Complete" and closes.

Suileor lets one competitor out of the room, out of a different door than you came in. After several minutes, a light above the door changes from red to green. Suileor says to you, "Your turn. Good luck." You walk through the door, into a darkened room. As the door closes behind you, the lights come on, showing you the largest assortment of weapons you've ever seen in one place. The room must take up a third of the warehouse!

Weapons are stored on the walls by type: clubs and blades, submachine guns, shotguns, etc. Another wall holds armor in a variety of sizes and types. Down a little ways, you see gas grenades: nerve gas, tear gas, and smoke. You also see an area for squirt guns: Ares Squirts share space with a variety of DMSO-combined drugs. You find another area with all manner of weapon accessories: silencers, slings and external smartgun links. As you peruse the inventory, you also feel the welcome reactivation of your implanted weaponry.

(OOC: Make your choices and post them to me in private message. All weapon categories up to Light Machine Guns are available (both SR4 Core and Arsenal) as well as all weapon accessories. You can choose any armor except with up to 1 modification. All armor types are available except for full body armor suits. Encumbrance modifiers will be watched closely!)

After you make your choices, you briefly test out your weapons in a small firing range in the back of the armory. Satisfied as much as you can be, you leave through the back door and are shown via AR your starting spot in The Arena. The room is completely dark except for the bright green arrows overlaid on your vision.

You mentally prepare yourself for the upcoming combat. In a moment, you hear a computerized voice over loudspeakers. "The combat will begin in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..." The lights of the arena flash on, and you begin the battle...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Arena Map   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:18 pm



Key:
Each grid cell is 5' x 5'. The size of the arena is 130' by 110'.

1: Concrete pillars support the 40' ceiling. Halogen lamps provide illumination. (Visibility modifiers: 0 for a target within 10' of a pillar. Remainder of arena is treated as low-light.

2: Propane tanks rest on the floor at various locations around the arena. (Throwing Weapons Skill - Taser ranges for strength 1-5. Light pistol ranges for strength 6+.)

3: A barbed-wire fence, supported by steel barricades, splits the arena into two areas.

4: 55-gallon barrels filled with kerosene are positioned at strategic locations. (Throwing weapons skill - taser ranges for strength 7+. Complex action to knock over and/or start rolling.)

5: A catwalk 25' off the ground provides for combat in the third dimension. (Complex action to climb up or down to/from the catwalk.)

6: Cans of high-visibility paint rest behind 10' tall by 10' wide barricades of sand-filled barrels. (Paint: Same ranges as propane tanks. Barrels: same rules as oil drums.)

7: The floor is concrete, and generally the footing is very good. However, there are two oil slicks. (Agility + Reaction test, Threshold 3 if running through the slicks. Slicks are flammable.)

T: Tricks

S: Shadow

N: Neron

(Note: The room is completely enclosed. The two doorways are a mistake I didn't have time to fix yet.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Combat Round 1   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Post Initiative using Invisible Castle (http://www.invisiblecastle.com). Use the form

Initiative Roll:

Initiative Passes: 3 (Wired Reflexes 2)
Reaction 5 + Intuition 3 + Reaction Enhancers 2 = 10d6.hits(5) = 4
Initiative Score = 10+4 = 14

As soon as all three opponents have submitted their scores, the highest can post, followed by the next. Let's keep it moving. I'll post a new arena map at the end of each combat turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 705
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Initiative Roll:

Initiative Passes: 3 (Synaptic Boosters 2)
Reaction 5 + Intuition 4 + Synaptic Boosters 2 = 11d6.hits(5) = 3
Initiative Score = 11+3 = 14
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neurok_Shinobi



Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Nerin
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Linkhttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2491116/

Initiative Roll:

Initiative Passes: 2 (Wired Reflexes 1)
Reaction 4 + Intuition 4 = 8d6.hits(5) = 5
Initiative Score = 8+5 = 13

Roger roger.


Last edited by Neurok_Shinobi on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Initiative 10 + 3 hits = 13

3 initiative passes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Initiative Order   Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Pass 1:
Tricks
Shadow, Nerin (simultaneous)

Pass 2:
Tricks
Shadow, Nerin

Pass 3:
Tricks
Shadow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 705
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 am

A much kinder reception this time around, now that she was actually supposed to be there. Ashley didn't have any problem surrendering her weapons for security purposes, in fact she felt safer knowing that everyone else was getting the same treatment. After nodding to Suileor and taking up a seat on the side of the room, she discreetly examined the other applicants. They seemed competent enough, certainly more durable. Ashley just hoped she had them beat on stealth and speed.

When their boss began his lecture, Ashley felt her confidence rapidly drop as he laid out how this audition was going to go. Battle royale with the other applicants? It was so primitive, so barbaric. Ashley felt her indignation rising. There was more to the mastery of tactical insertion and combat mastery than just clobbering each others' brains out. Depending on their playing field, she would be unable to show off her most important skills, her athletics and sneaking capabilities.

Then the blurb about death of the applicants being only a penalty and not outright forbidden, and Ashley felt her breath catch in her chest. Her worst fears had proven accurate, for this job it was either be hired or risk her life. At this point it was too late to walk out, though it took everything Ashley had not to leap up from her chair. At least Suileor offered them some gear, and when Ashley came to the weapon selection she was somewhat overwhelmed. So many options to choose from, but after perusing several aisles of guns, she decided her trusty Colt Government had proven itself time and time again, and now was no time to turn her back on it when offered newer and shinier guns. The ammunition in the gun, on the other hand, enjoyed no such sentimental attachment, and Ashley decided to go with something surprising. Something to give her a much needed edge against the other 'runners.

Standing in the darkness- alone and wondering where the others were- would have been an excellent device for setting the mood enhancing the anxiety of the situation if it weren't for the fact that Ashley could hear the others as they positioned themselves on the battlefield. The troll's heavy shuffling gave him away plain as day, but even the human made telltale noises that Ashley could focus on, her ears swiveling to pick up the sounds better. Out of the two, the human worried her the most. So long as she could outmaneuver him with faster speed and agility, he shouldn't be able to hit her. The human though... who knows what tricks he had up his sleeve.

As soon as the voice finished cutting down, Ashley leapt into action without even needing to look for her opponents. There was certainly room for creativity on the battlefield, but sometimes the most creative strategy is the one that's least expected, the blitzkrieg. Rather than taking the time to get situated behind cover (what little of it there was lying around), she darted around the corner of the pillar behind her and out into the open space to her left. Directly in front of her, just as she thought, was one of her opponents! The man stood still, obviously not expecting her this early. It was perfect.

Her gun already out, Ashley leveled her Colt Government at the man and fired a rapid shot off at him. In her haste and nervousness, her arm tensed up and the shot went far off course. Ashley realized her movements were too crazed, and forced herself to relax, falling back into a more peaceful zone as she lined up the smartgun reticle and took another shot, sparing only a faint smile as it hit right on target, and the drug began to take its course. He was struggling against it, sure, but it was only a matter of time.


OOC: Running in a line, five boxes to the right and one box up. Shooting at Shadow once (1 hit), shooting at Shadow again with use of Edge (9 hits). Continuing run 2 boxes to the right and ending IP there.


Last edited by Durandana on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neurok_Shinobi



Number of posts : 15
Age : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Nerin
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:33 am

Nerin stretched out, yawning softly again as he pulled up to the warehouse on Shiva, his Suzuki Mirage. He parked it out of the way to give the others room. He blinked, cocking his head to the side at the Elf's request. "An audition with no weapons?" He asked curiously, but shrugged slightly. Seeing as how the man hadn't asked them to immediately turn the weapons over, that it would be done inside. He waited until the door unlocked, and went inside, looking at the rather drab room, with the suprisngly expensive looking equipment.

The troll chuckled softly at the sign, shrugging again as he placed his briefcase that contained his bow, and specialized arrows, and his shock gloves. With that completed, Nerin steps into the scanner, twitching slightly the voice. He had no cyberlimbs, and therefore, no internal weapons, therefore the red light flashedto green in front of him. With the scanner open again, he steps out, and heads to the other room, looking around the room, seeing the Elf, and the other two he had not yet met. He sat down, waiting for him to speak

Nerin listened intently as the audition was explained. So he was going to be fighting them? The troll shrugged mentally, looking at them more intently now. His head snapped back to the Elf as the AR trodes were offered, putting them on after a moment of hesitation, blinking as the image flashes in his eyes. He watches the other two leave, and walks in when it's his turn, letting out a low whistle as he sees the weapons.

"Guess it was just for suprise." He murmurred, seeing his own weapons, and ammo. He pulled the bow out of the case, and quickly assembled it, placing the arrows in his quiver. Just as he completed this, the voice broke out over the loudspeaker, and he quickly grabbed two pairs of shock gloves, stuffing one into his jacket, and putting the other two on. Flexing his hands, and knocking an arrow, holding it with a single finger he moved out into the arena, a large grin on his face.

He moved up torwards the other wall carefully, drawing his arrow taught, he sees the female running east, not having enough time to get off a shot, he waits for a few seconds to see if she will come back into sight, training on arrow on the pillar she dissapeared behind. He notices the propane tank, but remembered that they were not going for kills.


((OOC: Moves up torwards the north wall 8 meters-25 feet-5 squares(free action) Delaying to fire Stick N Shock when Gun bunny is back in view))


Last edited by Neurok_Shinobi on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Miscalculation of speed, misjudging of terrain)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:44 am

Gravels crunched under his boots as Shadow made his way up to the warehouse door. Despite the chill night air, a sheen of sweat covered his skin. The walk had been a long one, but it looked like he wasn't going to be late after all. He walked up to the elf standing in the middle of the lot, who welcomed him to the show. Nodding in return, he followed Suileor into the warhouse.
After a time auditioning samurai joined them. Shadow noted the troll with the bow, watching the way the man moved. He was trained, that much was obvious. But he moved like a boxer; strong and coordinated, quick and powerful. Taking out a cigarillo, he lit a match and took a long of smoke into his mouth. Letting the smoke curl up from between his parted lips, he nodded.
The second comer was something again entirely. Not one to be surprised easily, Shadow had to do a double take when she emerged into the light of the lamp, unheard before that moment. Her legs were bent oddly, her skin covered in fur, and her ears looked like they belonged on a rabbit. He didn't know if she was human, but he doubted it. He'd heard of folks who got themselves modded to look like animals, adding cat or dog's ears and eyes, assorted tails and other bits to themselves. Said it was fashion statement, or a way of life. He'd never gotten it.
The Japanese had very strict views on the human body. They'd rejected all metahumans in their society until very recently as a result. An elf walking the streets of Tokyo would still make people keep their eyes turned straight ahead conscientiously, lest they be seen to stare. The stigma was easing somewhat, but still... one of the quickest way for a teenager to offend his or her parents was to get themselves “modded.”
He reached up and touched the brim of his hat to her, collecting himself at last. He made himself look past her appearance, and consider what her body said beneath. Quick, and nimble, and strong enough. She'd be a dance fighter, always moving in and out, searching for an opening. He'd fought her like before. He'd been trained by one of the best of 'em.

The lines of his face hardened when it was mentioned that they'd have to give up all their weapons.
He paused for moment, considering. Would they know he was in North America already? Could they have set up this meet? It wouldn't be hard to guess he would be looking for work. But was it possible to know that he'd reply to that particular ad?
Probably not, he decided.
Reaching down to unbuckle the two gun holsters slung low on his hips, he put them in the tray. He unstrapped his blades, and they too followed the guns. Feeling exposed, he flexed his hands open and closed slowly, concentrating the tension in them. Slowly, he exhaled, and stepped forward into the weapons scanner.

Walking into the booth, he felt relieved to see his weapons before him again. He starts to pick them up... but stops and considers the room about him. One corner of his mouth ticks up, and he shucks his coat off, hanging it up on one of the racks, and lays his hat over it...

He stepped out onto the battlefield, surveying his opponents. The girl was quick off the go. She thundered out onto the field, and Shadow's eyes narrowed as she turned her gun on him.

Defense Roll:

Reaction 5 (7) = 7 = 3 hits

Her first shot was wild and wide, and even though he dropped low to avoid it, he didn't think it would have made a difference anyway. But the girl's finger was still on the trigger, and the gun barked a second time.

Defense Roll:
Reaction 7 – 1 defender had defended (Compensated, Watchful Guard + 1) + Edge 2 = 9 = 3 hits+ no hits

He knew he was hit: He felt the bullets smack home.

Damage Resistance:

6B + 3 body = 9 = 5 hits

Heavy Pistol Damage: (taking a shot in the dark here) = 5 + 6 hits - 5 hits = 6S

Roll vs. Warp:

Power 10 - (Body 3 = 2 hits ) = P8

Shadow grimaced as the round hit, bursting against his armor. Surprisingly, the thing didn't knock him back as he would have expected from a gel round, but exploded in a liquid bath, drenching him with its contents. His eyes going wide, Shadow dropped the grenade in his hand, it's pin already pulled, allowing it to fall to the ground at his feet, its spoon flying away as it did so. His hand going around to his back, he snatched at his medpack, hanging in a pouch at the crux of his gun belts. He busied himself strapping the thing to the unarmored interior of his arm. Whatever it was that had hit him, he'd have to pray that the chemical could be counteracted by the medicines in the pack.
As he cinched the pack in place, he started moving, running towards the wall on his right.

Free Action: Drop Grenade
Simple action: Get medpack from belt.
Movement: Run to the right.


Last edited by T_Hawk on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:39 am

The thermal smoke grenade rolls out of Shadow's hand as he's knocked to the ground, bursting forth a cloud of obscuring smoke.

(OOC: Heavy pistol round causes physical damage, but double-check the rules on capsule rounds. The Warp causes stun damage. You're hit bad, but you shouldn't be out of the fight yet...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 705
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:08 pm

The clang of the grenade landing made Ashley flinch as she braced for an explosion, but it immediately began spewing out a weak haze. The smoke blocked her view somewhat, but not too much, enough to make her wonder if it wasn't some kind of gas grenade. But she couldn't risk relying on him dropping a poison grenade right next to him, so she lined up another shot, zooming in on her target over her goggles.

The troll was still out there, no doubt heading this way. She would have to finish this off fast. Let the man attempt to tend to his dose of toxin, she would make sure he had a tough time focusing while he did it. The gun chirped once more in the comforting quiet fashion of an internally silenced pistol, sending the bullet straight and true.


OOC: No movement this action phase, Take Aim action to use image magnification, Shooting at Shadow once (5 hits).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Defense Roll:

Reaction 5(7) – 1 (of 2) defender has defended (compensated by 1, Watchful guard) -2 wounded + 2 edge + 1 combat sense = No hits

DR: 8P - 1 hit = 7P = 7S

The girl fired on him again as Shadow ran towards her. He tried to juke out of the way... too slow. The round him hit him square in the gut, and he felt the chemical in it hitting his system for a second time. He pitched forward onto the floor, the world swimming around him. His vision went dark, and he slipped into unconsciousness.

The medkit on his arm worked as well as its programming allowed. It noted the extremely high levels of toxins in the bloodstream of its wearer. It started trying to neutralize the threat as quickly as it could.

Healing Test: Threshold 2

Medkit Rating 6 = 6 = 4 hits

Results: Medkit will heal 2 boxes of damage and then 2 additional boxes from the stun track, in 6 turns).


Shadow continued running forward, trying to close in on the girl firing on him. He had brought along a rifle, intending to capitalize on its range. He let it drop to the floor, casting aside the thing as worthless now. All that mattered was the girl -his target now- before him. He didn't know how long he had before whatever she'd dosed him with took effect. If he was going to go down, he'd go down swinging.

Iaijutsu: Kataki (left hand predator) Threshold 3

Reaction 5 (7) + Pistols 5 (SA 7) = 14 = 3 hits

Success.

His left hand darted down to his side, slapping the leather of his holster and drawing his unusual side-arm up in one swift motion. An ares predator, but an unusual specimen. Attached under the barrel of the gun, protruding out several inches and curving back in a crescent to connect to the base of the grip, was a wicked looking blade. The gun barked, once, twice, and Shadow watched through the cloud of expended cordite and fire-flash of the shots, willing them to hit.

1st Shot:
Agility 5 (6) + Pistols 5 (SA 7) -2 thermal smoke (ultrasound vision) + 1 personalized grip -2 running = 10 = 7 hits

2nd Shot:
Agility 5(6) + Pistols 5 (SA 7) -2 thermal smoke (ultrasound vision) + 1 personalized grip - 2 running - 1 recoil = 9 = 1 hit

(Note: Using Stick 'n' shock ammo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 705
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Impossible. The man must have toxins surging through his veins, on top of the painful impact of her rounds, and yet he still managed to charge her. Ashley recoiled in fear from his determination, but her instincts kicked her body into motion as his gun raised. He moved with shocking speed, but Ashley was faster, fueled by a mixture of fate, magic, and adrenaline. His weapon exploded in a fiery rush of superheated gases, sending bulky power packs slicing towards her, but she took in the noise with calm serenity. At the same moment, her legs similarly exploded with energy, propelling her into the air. Her legs lifted up at to develop the movement into a backflip, tucking her body close so as to let the shot soar harmlessly underneath.

'Oof!' She landed approximately in the same spot where she had started, but she wasn't out of the woods just yet. The man readjusted his aim and fired again, but this time his accuracy was off, and Ashley found it an easy task to jump to the side, rolling first on her shoulder, back, opposite shoulder, and then back up on her feet, both shots successfully dodged.

But she couldn't keep this up forever. When was that damn toxin going to take this man down? What if it wasn't working at all? Ashley felt a surge of fear as it occurred to her the man might be immune, or too heavily cybered to feel its effects. If that was the case, she would have to find something else... and there was still the troll to worry about. Today was not her day.


OOC: Using Full Defense as an immediate interrupt action, going on Gymnastic Dodge, spending a point of Edge (down to 4 Edge left). 8 hits to dodge first shot, 4 hits to dodge second shot.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: 24-hour notice for Nerin   Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Nerin has till 4/28 at 6 PM PST to post his move. If he hasn't, he's standing still and continuing to Take Aim and is waiting for a shot on Tricks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Shadow's eyes narrowed, watching the girl bounce around, avoiding his shots. " Maimashou nai ka? Fine, we'll dance " His hand darts down to his other side, reaching for Keiri.

Iaijutsu: Threshold 3

Reaction 5 (7) + Pistols 5 (SA 7) - 4 wounds = 14 =8 hits - 4 wounds = 4 hits

Simple Action: Attack (both guns): Tricks

Left Gun:
(Split Pistols 5 + Agility 5 (6) = 5) + 2 Semi Auto - 2 thermal smoke (ultrasound) - 2 running - 4 wounds = 0 = 1 hits
Right Gun:
(Split Pistols 5 + Agility 5 (6) = 5) + 2 Semi Auto - 2 thermal smoke (ultrasound) - 2 running + 1 personalized grip - 1 Recoil - 4 wounds = 0 =
1 hit, glitch

Simple Action: Attack (both guns): Tricks

Left Gun:
(Split Pistols 5 + Agility 5 (6) = 5) + 2 Semi Auto - 2 thermal smoke (ultrasound) - 2 running + 1 personalized grip - 2 Recoil - 4 wounds = 0 = No hits
Right Gun:
(Split Pistols 5 + Agility 5 (6) = 5) + 2 Semi Auto - 2 thermal smoke (ultrasound) - 2 running + 1 personalized grip - 3 Recoil - 4 wounds = 0 = 1 hit

The companion to its brother, complete with the unusual blade fixtrue, Keiri roared, the two guns firing round after round at the girl. Shadow knew he had little chance of hitting anything this way -firing two weapons was a way of creating suppression fire; to actually try to hit anything this way foolish in the extreme. But the man had but to smell the reek of the chemicals on his clothes to spur him to the ill-advised action. Rash, uncontrolled, and uncompromising, it was the act of a man who knows he will not win this fight, but refuses to go quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 42
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Shadow's glitch   Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 pm

The pistol in Shadow's right hand misfires on the first shot, causing the propane tank at Row 4, Column 16 on the grid to explode. Shielded by the pillar, Tricks is uninjured, but the flare causes a -2 dice pool penalty to Shadow on the next IP unless he has flare compensation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 705
Age : 30
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:40 pm

In her opponent's behavior, Ashley recognized the frenzied movements of a beast backed into a corner. She found herself feeling sorry for him, his options cut short and his time dwindling. But it was her or him, and she wasn't going to let herself be taken out just to appease her sympathy. Besides, it was better he fell to her than to the brute stalking the battleground, prepared to bring who knew how much force to the battlefield, perhaps not all of it nonlethal.

Still, the man seemed intent on taking her down with him, and that just wouldn't do. Ashley leapt into action, swerving and flipping to make herself harder to hit. While she couldn't dodge a bullet, she could dodge his attention until the drug had enough time to work through his system and bring him to a halt. Moving and juking, Ashley did a handstand and then fell to the floor, pressing herself flat to let the shots whiz by overhead. Her maneuvering appeared to be working until a heavy whump! hit her, a pressure wave pulsing through the air as the propane tank ignited. Ashley could feel the heat on her fur and the explosion left a ringing in her ears.

Half of her registered on some level how lucky she was to be behind cover and therefore unharmed by the propane ignition. And yet that realization paled in comparison to the surging fear that hit her, every muscle in her body tensing up as she struggled to get her Colt Government back on line. One shot, she had to take this combat monster down. Carefully, she lined it up, centering the reticle right in the middle of his forehead.


OOC: Continued full defense, dodging Shadow's shots. 6 hits, 6 hits, 5 hits, 2 hits, all dodged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:19 pm

The explosion blinded the sensors he was using for eyes. Shadow threw one arm up over his mask... "Kuso. Didn't expect... that.." The thought trailed off as the drug hit his system full force. Both guns dropped from suddenly limp hands as the muscles in his body lost contact with the mind governing them. The world swam before his eyes, the odd black and white images displayed on his mask's ultrasound screen blurring into a confused jumble that made no sense whatsoever. Just as he fell forward, losing consciousness, he thought he heard his mother laughing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Fighters   

Back to top Go down
 
The Audition: Fighters
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Jay Rateshi (finished)
» King of Fighters
» HUGO 3.0's Destruction Compilation WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS!
» King of Fighters(Kirahutner and Kihia Avoa) Fire and Ice vs Everything Else
» Updated FC List

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Archives- Completed runs... :: The Specialists' Recruitment-
Jump to: