Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 The Audition: Magicians

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: The Audition: Magicians   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

The audition's for magicians applying for Suileor's team will be head here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 47
Age : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:43 pm

I transfer the data from Mr. Johnsons' call and write it down so it cant be easily corrupted by a random hacker or techno. Looking at the paper I smile to myself and decide that if Iam going ot guarantee that I get this contract then I need to act now. With that decided I going to send out a few spies first to gather some intel. After all the meet is only a few days away. Plenty of time for recon.

Grabbing some soycaffe and wafers I move to the center of my lodge and sit down within the painted black and white chaos symbol. I concentrate for a few moments and relax before reaching to the astral to call a few imps to my side.

summon watcher 1 - (4 suxxess for 4 hours)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2562591/

resist drain watcher 1 -

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2562629/
drain resisted

summon watcher 2/ resist drain - (5 suxxess for 5 hours but only taking 4 suxxess)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2562644/

Drain also resisted.

The two little imps form seemlessly out of the air. - "You I will call Romulus ::pointing to the one on the right:: and you are Remus.::pointing to the other:; I want the two of you to go to this location and check it out. Enter the area - Fly around for three hours and return to me and show me what you find."

-------- time passess -------------

Once his two little spies return and report, Bengali will then also check the area astrally himself as there is no barrier preventing it.

Spending extra time studying the guardian and fighting the urge to break into the box ahead of schedule.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563917/ no suxx

With the Warning he heads back to his lodge and prepares to the best of his ability.


Switching his sleep cycle around so that he will be well rested he rises at 8 pm that day and waits for sunset. Setting an alarm on his comlink to buzz him at midnight to give him time to get to where he needs to go.

Once sunset has passed he heads to the center of his lodge to call up an elemental or two to be prepared to provide support for him.

The first spirit that he summons is a black panther to provide combat support, and as the Panther slinks in he nods. Lasombra we will attack but not now. I will call again when the time is right

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563312/ 1 service Drain test - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563321/ no drain


Next he reaches over and turns up the radio selecting a station that is playing anarchist music. As the beat blares out he reaches to the notes and calls a spirit of man to his side.

(force 4 as well)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563328/ result 3 services - 4 stun

The music coalesceses, bits of paper and strips of wiring rotate around to give some semblance of form, light strobes within to rhythmic sounds.

"Welcome Discord, soon we can sow our dissension. I will call again."

Assuming that I have 2 hours before needing to leave. Bengali turns the music up even louder and slips into a meditative state as he rests.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563334/ redone as i forgot the -1 from the wound track

correct roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563339/

After about an hour Bengali opens his eyes, calm and more centered and he grins as he looks around. Gathering his stuff he prepares to leave.

Lasombra, Discord its time to rock the night away.



Gathering the last of his equipment he opens his pad and hits the streets, taking transit when he can.


Last edited by Quicklift on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 266
Age : 63
Location : DFW Texas
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Gunnar reads thru the data provided by Mr. Johnson. He moves the information into his comm link's storage.

Sits back a moment and reflects on what the meaning and message is contained in the data provided.

Goes over to a cabinet and takes out a bottle of Brennivín, pours a large shot into a glass there. Takes the glass and takes a long slow sip.

Goes over to his table and prepares himself to see if Loki has assisted in his meal preparation. As he opens his food preparation device the odors leap into his nostrils. No surprise Loki has out done himself. Lutefisk over Linguine pasta with Garlic and Wasabi sauce liberally spread over it.

I will not give that AI the satisfaction of gaining the upper hand again

Takes some Habenaro Sauce and dashes it around his plate, set the sauce back down.

Begins to eat his meal very slowly, chewing each bite carefully. He takes pauses to sip his Brennivín. Once he finishes he places his plate into the cleaning device. Draining the remainder of his Brennivín. Gets up and heads to his place.

Gunnar takes in the feel of his place.

I believe I will need the services of a Valkyrie, Brynhildr will do nicely

At sunset he begins his summoning.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563050/ Two Services

Gunnar feels the presence of she who he called.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563056/ no drain

"Greetings Brynhildr" Feeling no fatigue he lays down and begins his preparations.

Entering the Astral Plane he begins his journey to the place of the audition.

Once there he studies the area, box and the spirit guarding/watching it.

He Assences the Guardian Spirit trying to gain insight into its nature and type.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563093/ 2 hits

He then journeys back to his body to reflect on what he has learned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 43
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Results of assensing   Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:13 am

The gnome-like spirit peers at you as closely as you peer at it, grinning mirthlessly as he swings his legs over the side of the ivy-covered box. "I'd ask you what you're looking at, but it's rather obvious..."

(OOC: Force 2 Task Spirit.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 266
Age : 63
Location : DFW Texas
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Gunnar gets up from the floor.

Looks at time on his comm link display.

Begins looking for some items he might need.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2564512/ 2 hours 60 Y
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2564530/ 2.5 hours 210 Y

Checks and secures his gear, weapons, and places them out of sight.

Goes down to his Contrail, and syncs his commlink to the motorcycles pilot.

Starts up his ride, picks up the items then heads to the meeting place.

Once there he puts on his helmet, shin guards, verifies his smartgun links are active.

Places his binoculars above his eyes, secures the strap to hold them in place, attaches them to his helmet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 43
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:52 pm

(OOC: I'll post the opening of the audition around 9 PM PST on 6/16.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 43
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Let the battle begin   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 pm

As the appointed hour of the audition approaches, you do one final astral scan of the warehouse. You see a few people coming and going from the warehouse, and entering metal boxes inside the warehouse. Their emotions range from anger to fear and occasionally joy or sadness.

One figure paces outside the boxes, however. His aura is bright with optimism, but shows the dead-black of cyberware near his eyes, his ears and threading thinly through his entire body. As you watch, you see the gnome-spirit whisper something in the man's ear, and you see him smile and nod.

At fifteen minute s till 1 AM, the gnome-spirit leaves the building and begins pacing at the front door of the warehouse. When he sees you, he says, "Please wait here for the appointed hour." As your opponents appear, you look at each in turn, both physically and astrally.

(OOC: Please post a physical and astral description of your character.)

The door to the warehouse swings open promptly at 1 AM. The gnome walks into a reception area, manifesting briefly to speak. "Suileor has asked that you leave all your armor and weapons, including weapons foci here. If you don't comply, I am tasked to raise an alarm and you will be disqualified immediately. I will also ask your opponents to knock you out as quickly as possible. Oh, and any bound spirits have to stay here as well."

After you grudgingly relinquish your weapons, a door opens and a tall, rail-thin male Elf comes out. "Thank you for coming," he says in an Irish brogue. "I'm Suileor. Please come with me." You follow the Elf onto the dimly lit warehouse floor, heading towards the ivy-covered box you reconnoitered earlier. The Elf ignores your questions, replying only with, "All in good time." He pushes aside the ivy to expose a door. "Please enter the box. And don't worry, there are no surprises inside."

As you enter, the opponents naturally drift as far away from each other as possible. In the center of the 30m-wide room is a 55-gallon barrel with burning wood in it, a barrel filled with dirt, a barrel filled with water, and a barrel filled with garbage. The heavy steel door slams shut behind you, and Suileor's voice fills the room. "This is the site of your audition. The challenge is simple. The winner is the last one conscious. But here's the challenge. If you kill any opponent, you're immediately disqualified. Beyond that, you can use any tactic you choose."


"Now FIGHT!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 43
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Combat commences   Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Post Initiative using Invisible Castle (http://www.invisiblecastle.com). Use the form

Initiative Roll:

Initiative Passes: 3 (Wired Reflexes 2)
Reaction 5 + Intuition 3 + Reaction Enhancers 2 = 10d6.hits(5) = 4
Initiative Score = 10+4 = 14

As soon as all three opponents have submitted their scores, the highest can post, followed by the next. Let's keep it moving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 47
Age : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:13 pm

As the appointed hour I pull my wheel to a halt and park it outside, while reclining I watch the activity around the area. While waiting I go ahead and prepare myself and set up the increased reactions and tie it to my foci.

Force 3 Improved Reflexes Drain 3

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2567645/

Feeling the magic setting my blood to boil and my senses taking on a refined edge I grin with anticipation. I move in to the location and toward the boxes.


Quote :
At fifteen minute s till 1 AM, the gnome-spirit leaves the building and begins pacing at the front door of the warehouse. When he sees you, he says, "Please wait here for the appointed hour." As your opponents appear, you look at each in turn, both physically and astrally.
---------------------------------------------------
Walking in at about 5' 9, broad shoulder an with a rolling swagger he grins at you showing his elongated canines with pride. He offers you a salute by smashing his fist across his chest. Wearing A large trenchcoat and mirror goggles, gun belt and ammo pouches he moves forward. Wearing combat boots, and urban style clothing of a semi militristic appearance. He removes his backpack and sets it at his feet. Where upon he places the prohibited gear.


In astral space you see Bengali but standing taller. He appears to be more primal dressed in more of a barbarianish fashion: loincloth, fur wraps aroud both wrists and legs, and leather boots. Then take the standard ork perception and blend it with the concept of the devil or fallen Angel. Add large raptor wings and a spiked and horn tail. He has large tusks protuding from his jawline, eyes burning with a fire deep within. His skin appears to be mottled but you see that he is painted with striping patterns similar to that of a bengal tiger.



Quote :
The door to the warehouse swings open promptly at 1 AM. The gnome walks into a reception area, manifesting briefly to speak. "Suileor has asked that you leave all your armor and weapons, including weapons foci here. If you don't comply, I am tasked to raise an alarm and you will be disqualified immediately. I will also ask your opponents to knock you out as quickly as possible. Oh, and any bound spirits have to stay here as well."


A few questions here. Specifically weapon focuses? And bound spirits not some we just brought along for just tonight?

OOC: will release the summoned spirits if they are not allowed, othewise will bring them... And if not allowed Bengali, will grumble and swear worse than orkish sailor's wife.....
---------------------------------------------------


Quote :
After you grudgingly relinquish your weapons, a door opens and a tall, rail-thin male Elf comes out. "Thank you for coming," he says in an Irish brogue. "I'm Suileor. Please come with me." You follow the Elf onto the dimly lit warehouse floor, heading towards the ivy-covered box you reconnoitered earlier. The Elf ignores your questions, replying only with, "All in good time." He pushes aside the ivy to expose a door. "Please enter the box. And don't worry, there are no surprises inside."

As you enter, the opponents naturally drift as far away from each other as possible. In the center of the 30m-wide room is a 55-gallon barrel with burning wood in it, a barrel filled with dirt, a barrel filled with water, and a barrel filled with garbage. The heavy steel door slams shut behind you, and Suileor's voice fills the room. "This is the site of your audition. The challenge is simple. The winner is the last one conscious. But here's the challenge. If you kill any opponent, you're immediately disqualified. Beyond that, you can use any tactic you choose."

"Now FIGHT!"

Bengali drops into a crouch scanning his target and making his decission to act....

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2567749/

Initiative Roll:

Initiative Passes: 2 (Increased Reflexes Force 3)
Reaction 3 + Intuition 3 + Reaction Spell 2 = 8d6.hits(5) = 3
Initiative Score = 8+3 = 11


Last edited by Quicklift on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 43
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 pm

(OOC: Weapons foci and any servant spirits (bound or temporary) have to stay outside. Spirits can be summoned inside the room, if you so choose. Also, minor oversight: Suileor leaves the room and slams the door shut behind him. You hear his voice from loudspeakers hidden in the corners of the room.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 266
Age : 63
Location : DFW Texas
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 pm

((OOC: Can a summoned spirit use a spirit power on a mage before entering the chamber? ie Magical Guard?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Puck stands cockily, arms crossed, atop a building across the street from the warehouse. His short, pointed horns, which lay back against his forehead, curve up just a bit as they met the line of his long, cobalt hair, which keeps trying to fly up into his eyes as the cold Denver wind whistles above the rooftop. He considers the mages walking across the lot below him. He believes he is well out of the others' field of vision, and is enjoying watching the competition without their knowledge. He whistles softly to himself. The ork beneath was definitely tough looking. Lots of muscle... and lots of juice.

Of a sudden, his angular face splits into his seemingly perpetual grin, crinkling the skin around his yellow eyes. Often mischievous, sometimes wry, and all too often feral, his grin seems to give the impression that he knows something to which others aren't privy -whether it's true or not, Puck does enjoy the way people react to it!

Physically, he's short and slight, standing only a bit over five feet... not quite as short as a dwarf, but nearly. Unlike dwarves, however, he is very thin; whipcord lean, he doesn't look as though he has an ounce of fat on him. A fact he's apparently proud of, as he habitually wears his shirt open, revealing his trim physique to the world.

It's nearly impossible to tell if he's dressing down, or so far into chic that he's coming back around the other way. His button up shirt, today a dark indigo, is sleeveless. Bits of loose thread stick out from the ragged seems at the shoulders. His pants are grey-pinstriped black slacks, and a shiny black belt is threaded between the loops. A chain dangles low from one such loop to tuck back into a rear pocket. His shoes are old-fashioned wing-tips, all shiny black and white leather. He doesn't seem to be wearing socks, and his nut-brown skin occasionally peeks out from the gap between slacks and shoes.

As the gnome spirit appears and makes it's announcement to the the mage gathered beneath the building, Puck piques his long ears up in interest. The distance is too far for anything to be overhead, even with the fae's exceptional ears, but Puck recognized a summons when he sees one. The coated meta starts to walk into the testing ground, and the imp lets himself fall backwards off the rail. For a split second, he revels in the physical sensation of the air ripping through his hair as he plummets towards the cement floor below. He never hits the ground though, allowing his physical body to disapparate. Freed from the confines of physicality, with all its wonderful sensations and annoying laws, Puck will himself towards the warehouse, and a moment later moves past the gnome spirit in the astral, throwing it a sly wink as he does so.

In the astral, he differs little from his physical appearance. He still bears the same face and form... the only true difference seems to be that no matter what he's wearing in the physical world, in the astral he appears clad in an odd sort of chiton. Made of silver trimmed, shear gray material, with bits of silver embroidery emanating from the edges of the cloth, the thing leaves one shoulder bear, and falls to just above the imp's knees. It has only one, loose sleeve, which falls to just below Puck's elbow. Around his wrists and ankles are bracelets of gold, and a copper torque wraps itself about his neck.

He follows the other mage into the testing grounds... box? He materializes several yards behind the ork, and his grin widens as he quickens his pace. He catches up the runner, looking over his right shoulder as he comes up by the ork's side. Toning his grin down a bit 'til it's just a quirk of the lips, he nods affably to the black-coat-clad mage. He keeps a comfortable distance between the two of them as they enter the testing grounds and meet with Suileor.

Listening with half an ear, Puck gazes around the environs, noting how bright the aura of the awakened ivy was about him. He suppresses the urge to chuckle. Rather, he turns his attention back to elf. When their proctor had finished his lecture, Puck turns about, seeming to watch the man as he left. He never completed the movement however. One moment he was there... the next, gone from sight.

His grin widened, suddenly feral.

Initiative Passes: Astral: 3
Initiative Score: Astral: Intuition 3 x 2 = 6
Initiative 6 + 1 hit = 7


Last edited by T_Hawk on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 43
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Rule clarification on spirits and barriers   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 pm

(OOC: Street Magic, p. 94:

Metaplanar Shortcut
Spirits that find their physical or astral movement impeded by a dual-natured mana barrier may take a quick trip to the metaplanes and back again to the other side of the barrier. This “shortcut” may only be taken if the spirit’s conjurer is on the other side of the barrier (taking up one service) or if the spirit has been to the location on the other side before (a reason to never allow a spirit into your private sanctuary). Free spirits, who are not restricted to any conjurer’s presence, often use this shortcut for near-instantaneous worldwide travel.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 266
Age : 63
Location : DFW Texas
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 am

Gunnar watches the ork enter the room, and then the short one to show up.

Looks deeply into the room from thru the door.

"Hard to judge how good a smith is, with just his hands and an anvil"

"May the Norns look upon both of you with favor"

Gunnar then walks over to his motorcycle, and drives away.

OOC(sorry not my style of game)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paradox
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 198
Age : 43
Location : PST
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Saying goodbye   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:38 pm

(OOC: This goes before the previous post.)

Suileor watches along with the other two combatants as the magician walks away. Turning back to the remaining mages, the wiry Elf smiles. "Looks like one of you two have a spot on the team."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 47
Age : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Round 1

After Suileor exits the room.

"Between the two of us?
::bengalli looks around the room and chuckles. . I salute you where ever you are. To the victor the spoils go and all of that. In other words luck."

Moving a few feet to his left Bengali scans the room watching for any source of disturbance or movement either here or in the astral as he shifts his gaze there. his gaze on the little puck while expecting something else to pop out. Not knowing what to suspect Bengali foes on the offensive and starts to mentally weave the spirits of morpheous and hurl them towards his opponent. While prepared to block whatever spells his opponent slings his way.

--------------------------------------------

(free action counter spell himself)
(simple action 1) shift perception
(simple action 2) Observe in detail/assense

Assessing roll for astral space - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2578601/ 4 hits

P 0/10 S 0/10
--------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Puck watched his opponent beneath him from the crux between the roof of the box and the wall above the doorway. He'd pushed himself against the living barrier of the ivy, and was hoping its astral glow would obscure his own form. "What to do? Too many options to try before this is through!" Puck sighs. "Ah well... best to take care of the little necessities first, I suppose." Puck concentrates, pulling the mana around him into himself, feeling it combine with his own life-force, and then channeling it out.

Cast Spell: Offensive Mana Barrier:

Type: Mana Range: LOS Duration: Sustained

Magic 5 + Spellcasting 5 = 10 = 5 hits

Reserve 3 hits. Force = 3.


Results: Success: Off. Mana Barrier is cast around Puck.

Drain Resistance:

OMB DV = (Force 3/2 = 1) + 3 = 4

Opposed:

Charisma 5 + Willpower 5 = 10 = 3 hits

Results:

DV 4 - 3 hits = 1S damage

Puck channels the power through his hands, and spreads them in an arc. In his minds eye, he envisions a shimmer between his hands that grows from the motion, expanding from its point of origin to grow outwards, a half sphere that wraps around Puck's astral form until it hits the edges of the awakened ivy and stops.

The imp grimaces, the edges of his grin pulling down into a deep frown, feeling the spell take its toll. "Out of practice, it would seem." He sighs. Magic, much like any other skill, was something one had to keep one's hand in. And he had neglected it, of late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 47
Age : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Thinking to himself - the little putz has the advantage on me. I was expecting a meat to meat fight. Of course if I out wait him a few hours, he will be bound to return to his flesh, which may disqualify him. Now if I shift to the Astral he has a free attack on me, either way he has the advantage on me. -

Curses out loud in Japaneses saying something physically impossible that Puck could do to himself.

::As the barrier goes up blocking his direct line of sight with the opaqueness Bengali snarls yet again::

I'm going to need some extra help here.

::Bengali reached out to the environment around him and calls upon the earth to aid him::

Quote :
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2585184/ 3 hits vs http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2585187/ 1 hit result 2 services

resist drain : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2585190/ 1 hit takes 1s of drain.

The dirt from one of the containers starts to flow outwards and clumps on the ground piling every higher, after a few moment it shifts to form two legs and two arms and solidifies into a short humanoid form resembling that of a dwarf.

-------------------
P 0/10 S 1/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:08 am

Puck grinned from behind his barrier. "My, my... whatever he said, it didn't sound pleasant, did it?" The ork's reaction filled the imp with the sort of satisfaction that could only come from making someone's life difficult. But the trickster wasn't done yet... he hadn't even begun.

With the obscuring form of the barrier between himself and his opponent, Puck thought of his home. Let himself remember the feel of its astral skies, the glowing hues of its energies... and let himself go.

Complex action: Shift to home metaplane and back.

Resisting Drain from Sustained Spell:

OMB DV = (Force 3/2 = 1) + 3 = 4

Opposed:

Charisma 5 + Willpower 5 - 2 sustaining 1 spell = 8 = 1 hit

Results:

DV 4 - 1 hit = 3S

He was there for only a moment. Nearly as soon as he could fill the shift between where he was and where he would be, he allowed his mind to focus on another spot. Behind the ork, against the far wall, where the corners of the box had met... with the thought came the reaction, and Puck found himself behind his opponent... and a summoned spirit. "Well, I suppose there are some disadvantages to not being able to see where one's going."

The strain of maintaining the barrier for that amount of time was getting to him though. "Just a bit longer..." he thought, "Then I can release it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 47
Age : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 pm

::concentrating on the corner where the little codgey bugger was hiding, Bengali continues his movement to try to dodge or place the containers between him and where he thought his opponent was.::

As he completes his movement for the round he issues the following 2 commands to his summoned earth elemental

1.Conceal me. ((-5 dice to spot me))

2. Subdue any entity other than the two of us that exist in the confines of this astral cage match (ie: attack anyone who isn't me in this room.


The dwarven shape mass of dirt hunches forward as if ready to tackle anything it sees. and dust and grit start to fly through the air obscuring sight on both the physical and astral.

(i am out of initiative passes....)

(earth elemental stats - B A R S C I L W Edg Ess M Init IP
9 3 8 9 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 (10) +2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Pucks frowns as he sees the obscuring veil of dirt rise up around his opponent. The dwarf spirit was left unobscured, but the magician himself was out of the imp's line of sight... and therefore beyond his ability to target with any of his spells or abilities. "Well, now... isn't that frustrating? It seems I'll have to be a bit more... imaginative about this."

The strain of maintaining the mana barrier was still draining him, and Puck decided to allow that particular bit of trickery go for the moment. With the addition of the other spirit, the barrier wasn't particularly useful... at least, not where it was.

Free Action: Stop sustaining OMB

Complex action: (Or at least half of one... an SA, maybe? either way, he won't take another action this turn) Shift to home metaplane.

The shimmering field faded away and the sculpted mana from which it was made dispersed into the ether around it. Puck examined the dwarf spirit from behind, fixing the spirit's location in him mind. That done, Puck grinned slightly... and again disappeared, allowing himself to be drawn back to his home. Unlike before, however, he did not immediately allow himself to be drawn back to the testing grounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 47
Age : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:28 am

Round 2 main phase

Seeing the barrier drop and no one behind it, Bengali continues to shift away from his elemental, while still covering it. If the attack were to come it would be directed at it first.

Free action: Counterspell on both myself and my elemental
standard Action: Observe in detail.

using Assessing (int+ass) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2597175/ 3 hits.

The elemental starts to move around in a circular pattern watching for any opponents that it can pummel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Before he would allow himself to appear so close to the other mage and his spirit, Puck needed to provide himself with a bit in the way of protection.

Complex action: Cast Astral Armor

Type: M Range: LOS Duration: Sustained

Spellcasting 5 + Magic 5 - 1 wounded = 9 = 2 hits

Resisting Drain:

Astral Armor DV = (F [#of hits]/2+2) = 3

Willpower 5 + Charisma 5 - 1 wounded = 9 = 3 hits

Results:

DV3- 3 hits = 0

No damage taken.

Mana flows from within him, pouring from Puck's fingers. The swirls and eddies wrap themselves around the imp. They cling to him, wrapping the imp in a cocoon of protective energies. "Well then... never let it be said I don't dress for the occasion!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 47
Age : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:02 am

Rd 2 ip 1 -

Benagli continues to assense the area waiting for the little bugger to pop in so he can level him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 am

Puck pauses just a moment before letting himself shift back to the testing ground's astral space. He appeared in the space directly behind where he'd last seen the Earth spirit. Unfortunately, the being was no longer there, having moved slightly off to Puck's right and back. Which effectively kiboshed the imp's intended plan, and left him stranded within reach of his opponents.

Puck, usually so full of wit and verve, found that the only thought that occurred to him then was: "Uh oh."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Magicians   

Back to top Go down
 
The Audition: Magicians
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Archives- Completed runs... :: The Specialists' Recruitment-
Jump to: