Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeThe Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

The Audition: Hackers

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Digit was in a good position the other two were locked in combat, and either would out class him. And he Already had started the key download. But he was green and wanted to respond to the technomancer who had launched an attack on him. Could he trust her. The only other of his kind he'd ever met was Ivy and she did not trust anyone perhaps he could make a friend perhaps she could teach him the stuff Ivy was holding back. He decided to send Ping as an olive branch. It new how to defend it self, and he figured if she was lying then he could always take the key next round and leave. The sprite sensed his will respond to the distress call from the other vessel. it detached itself from Digits icon. Digit did not drop his stealth CF, and continued to download the key. A final thought to ping "Daedalus give you strength Ping. With that Ping blinked over to the area of the fight and attacked the bear with a barrage of signals and arcing electricity.

Electrostorm

Attack 5 Cybercombat 5 = 10 dice = 4hits

(OOC: ok done sorry for the hold up oh and im still downloading the key)
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Gritting his virtual teeth, Pete beats back another electron storm. Sprites. He hated Sprites. Obnoxious little critters, all of them. Well, at least he bought himself some time to regroup after that rather fractured moment. Dalek suddenly taking over was rather unfortunate; he had intended to simply use the first Black Hammer as to weaken the technomancer and then de-rez her, not try to actually take her life.
Wait a minute.
>>Hey, lady with the hammer, where'd the other guy go? His sprite's tryin' to kill me, but I don't see him anywhere.
>>P.D.
(OOC: 5 Response + 5 Firewall - 1 Prior Defense = 9, 4 hits.)
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:12 pm

(OOC: I'm guessing we can expect the IC not to do anything unless it's attacked, so I'll go ahead and move. Paradox said he'd be gone, but if any of this is wrong I can delete it later.)

Skuld watched Digit's sprite launch it's attack. She had no real sympathy to spare the bear, even if it was telling the truth. Perhaps it had never used IC before, but it didn't just disappear. She was still going to have to beat the sinister processes of the black hammer he'd hit her with before she could jack out. Still, if what she suspected was true, she wasn't going to be the one to kill the thing. And she wasn't going to turn her energies back to Digit, not when the hacker was going out of his way to help her.
No, there was only one thing left to do.

She broadcasts. "He has heard you as well as I have, and it's up to him to decide. If you are what I think you are, I'll not have your blood on my hands -so long as you don't push it. Other than that, I owe you less than nothing. Aðvörun! If you use your IC on him, I shall join against you!"

Skuld turn towards the IC, now active and barring her egress. She was done with this competition. Let the others fight it out... she no longer had any desire to see the thing through. Damn the little bear anyway...

Skuld slashed with her athame, assaulting the malicious programming by the door.

Complex Action: Attack: IC

Cybercombat 3 + Attack 5 + 2 Hot Sim - 2 wounded = 8 = 4 hits

IC's defense:

Response 5 + Firewall 4 = 9 = 4 hits

(OOC: Since the IC hasn't moved yet, I'll go ahead and give it a counterattack.)

The IC's attention focuses on Skuld, and it responds as its programming commands.

Rating 4 + Blackout 4 (Grey IC) = 8 = 3 hits

Skuld's DF roll:

Response 7 + Firewall 5 -2 wounded + 2 Hot Sim = 12 = 4 hits

The ice sends a globe of darkness hurtling at Skuld, but as it hits her firewall, the thing shrinks to nothing as her own protective code neutralizes it.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:34 pm

with the other technomancer in the clear and everyone talking about killing Digit to decided that he would be no murderer. Though he was interested in the conversation. the bear was not a one of them but he had thought it a hacker the women had hinted to more. he called off ping as they seem to have settled there differences. the sprite returned from once it came as there was nothing left for him to do for digit. Raziel would not add fuel to the fire.

(OOC: how long dose it take to download the key i started last round) and he never said lol)
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Pete made an expression of disgust. People get so focused on the killing thing.
>>Fool! I wasn't asking you for help. I need it even less than your sympathy, for which I have no use at all!
>>If we cannot see him, then how do we know he's not grabbing the key and hightailing it out of that door you've so kindly just opened for him?
>>Or are you so thick you've forgotten our original objective here?
>>P.D.

(OOC: He said 2 complex actions.)
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Rating 4 + Blackout 4 = 8 = 2 hits

Skuld's DF roll:

Response 7 + 5 Firewall - 2 Wounded + 2 Hot Sim = 12 = 5 hits

The IC pressed an attack on Skuld, another orb of darkness closing in on her. With a snarl, she beat back the tenebrous code, her anger empowering her. Throwing a glare back over her virtual shoulder at the bear. "Fool am I? I'm well aware that the other hacker here may have the prize. I. Don't. Care!" She bites out the reply, trying to color the digital response with her scorn as much as the medium would allow.

She turns back to the IC, her rage stoked even higher by the bear's taunting words. "Litli gaurinn! Du har surnet magen på denne hele saken." she growls in her own mind. Her avatar jumps at the thing, athame held in an underhanded grip.

Complex Action: Attack: IC

Cybercombat 3 + Attack 5 + 2 Hot Sim - 2 Wounded = 8 =3 hits

IC's DF roll:

Response 5 + Firewall 4 = 9 = 4 hits

Again her weapon bounces off the thing's defenses, and Skuld snarls in frustration.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:24 pm

The thing was strong, but Skuld knew her tech-sorcery gave her the advantage over it in speed. She lashes out again, stabbing at the thing.

Complex action: Attack: IC

Cybercombat 3 + Attack 5 - 2 Wounded + 2 Hot Sim = 8 =No hits

The IC countered her attack again. Skuld reigned in her anger, trying to order her mind. A new tact would be necessary... she just wasn't getting anywhere the way things were going.

(OOC: Initiative roll for the new Turn:

Initiative 12 + 2 Hot Sim - 2 Wounded = 12 = 4 hits
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Pete cursed. This was not good. At this rate....
He loads Analyze. At least he would find that hiding bastard and give him the beating of his life.

(OOC: End of turn, Pete uses held action to load Analyze. New turn Initiative Roll: 5 Response + 5 Initiative + 2 Hot Sim = 12, 4 hits
Yeah, looked it up. Turns out A.I.s get the bonus for Hot Sim after all.)

Last edited by Vanya's Devil on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: The Audition: Hakcers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:41 pm

Digit was listening as the key was downloading he liked what he was hearing. He made his way for the door, while the ic was not looking.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Pete activates his Analyze program. Now, where is that sneaky bastard....
(OOC: 6 Analyze + 5 Computer (Matrix Perception)) = 11, 5 hits. Gonna need a Stealth CF + Hacking for Digit from you, Ghostmaker. Also, Digit needs to roll initiative, I believe.)

Last edited by Vanya's Devil on Tue May 04, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:29 pm

(OOC: Not really. Remember, none of us are actually occupying a physical space in the node. We're processes in computer. You can identify his process... which is like picking up a spyware or virus process in your own computer. A good example: If you press ctrl+alt+del on a windows computer and bring up task manager, click on the processes tab, and take a look you'll see a list (probably a long list unless its a new comp). If you're using XP, you'll see several called svhost (If I remember right... I use Windows 7 now, and have for a while). Anyway, his stealth program has covered up his presence as one of these processes, and blends him into the background processes. If we're using this example, he's become just another svhost process as far as the node or we ourselves can tell. Yelling out his presence wouldn't alert the IC, though it may tip Skuld off enough that she could find him with an analyze test of her own)

(Also, don't jump the gun guys. We need one last initiative roll from Ghost before we go on.)
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:35 pm

(OOC: Since paradox isn't here, do you guys want me to roll for the IC in as far as detecting Ghost goes? IF it catches him, it's a sure thing that it will switch to attacking him, which he can roll for himself.)
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm

(OOC: Heh, yeah, sorry. I didn't realize until I'd already posted the roll, and I figured if he actually managed to beat our initiative I could just switch it around. I don't mind you rolling for the IC.)
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 pm

(OOC: Okay. We'll wait on his post then.)
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: The Audition: Hakcers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:53 am

First things first stealth + hacking + edge 1 - 2 wound = 4 dice = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2502376/

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Sat May 01, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: The Audition: Hakcers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Now initiative 9, -2wound = 7 dice = 4 hits
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:13 pm

(OOC: Ghostmaker, you forgot to apply the -2 wound modifier to your stealth roll.)
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:06 pm

(OOC: Okay. Ghost, you still need to roll for Ping. But we'll go ahead and post up as is, and add the sprite's init in when we get it.)

IP1:
PD/Skuld simultaneously Init 16
Ghost Init 13
IC

IP2:
PD/Skuld
Ghost
IC

IP3:
PD/Skuld
Ghost
IC

IP4
Skuld

(OOC: After consulting the book, the only thing the IC has to roll is its Rating. So:

Rating 4 = 4 = No hits

Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments on this roll, or have seen anything in the book that would augment it. I've not got Paradox's notes or anything, so this is the best I can do just with what we've got to look at.)

Skuld's actions: (OOC: Sorry for lack of text, but I'm dead tired and probably going to log off soon for the night. I'll come back and edit some in later. If I'm not in again by 9, assume I'm out for the evening, and feel free to roll defense for her if you attack.)

Complex Action: Thread: Attack

Resonance 5 + Software 3 - 2 Wounded + 2 Hot Sim = 8 = 3 hits

Skuld Retains 2.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:02 pm

(OOC: Ghost, you're up.)
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: The Audition: Hakcers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Digit mentally bit his lip he was thankful that the ic had other concerns but he new if he approached he too would be in trouble "oh well" it was probably better then waiting for that other hacker to attack off GP. So he figured he would take his chances with the ic. At least he was not alone in the attack the other technomancer was also in combat with the ic. He called to Cursor and a bright light appeared he it zipped around him making noises like beep boop. lend me your strength my friend he said beep beep was the reply, and the lil sprite merged with the Romulen vessel Digit did a quick fly by and attacked, backing up the the women with the cloak

cyber combat 2, wound -2, Attack 3 sprite (R5) 8 dice = 2 hits

ic (R4) 4 dice = 3hits
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Pete spun out shifting lines of attack code. He didn't mind Skuld, really. At the very least, she'll give him a stand up fight. He didn't like little sneaks. He wasn't sure why he didn't like sneaks, though, but that didn't really matter. He didn't like them because Pete didn't like them, and that was that.
>>Hey! You sneaky little bastard, I'm gonna derezz you so hard the dumpshock'll kill your grandkids!
>>P.D.

(OOC: Attack Program targeting Digit: 5 Cybercombat + 6 Attack + 3 Expert Offense + 2 Hot Sim = 16, 8 hits)
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake

PostSubject: IC Defense   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Node Response 5 + Firewall 4 = 9d6.hits(5) = 3 hits

The IC successfully evades the blast from Digit.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:37 am

(OOC: Ah, Hawk, I think you've skipped ahead a bit. We're on Digit defending against P.D.'s attack in IP2, for which we yet need Ghost to roll. Then it's Digit's turn and then we're at IP3.)

Last edited by Vanya's Devil on Tue May 04, 2010 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:15 am

(OOC: My bad. I figured you all had just kept your actions that you'd posted previously. If not, then yeah, I'm a bit ahead of you guys. I'll delete my posts.)
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:21 am

(OOC: Well, it's gotten a bit confused, really. Here's how I have it worked out:
IP1
Pete - Runs Analyze. Makes analyze test and finds Digit.
Skuld - Attacks the IC again.
Digit - Key has been downloaded. Moves toward door and attacks IC.

IP2
Skuld - Attacks IC.
Pete - Attacks Digit.

Is that right?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Audition: Hackers   The Audition:  Hackers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Audition: Hackers
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next