Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets - SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets -

Go down 
+2
rcoverdale
Gala
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets - Empty
PostSubject: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 am

This is a temporary thread. It will be moved to the "Dead Runs" section once we complete the first run, and relocate the characters in this run into the "A Time For Secrets" official thread.

The color Cyan has been reserved solely for GM use. All other colors are available.

Last edited by Gala on Mon May 03, 2010 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:50 am

Its early Monday Morning, you had just gone to sleep not more than five hours ago. The morning sun is shining, like it shines in Seatle into your little sleeping alcove where you crashed the night before. An annoying beeping in the background is what awoke you, at first you just think "Will someone shut that fragging thing off!?" and after a few more beeps you come to the realization that it is your own comlink that is producing the annoying sound.

The sound is definately not a default sound on the comlink for messages nor is it the sound that you had set for it either, this sound has all the feeling of someone scraping there fingernails across a chalkboard managed to fit into a beep that lasts for half a second but is just repeating every second untill you answer it. Upon acknowledging the message you here the following:

"*static*... no.... can not ... *static* ... omega ... *static* ... disapeared *static*...*dead silence*"
A voice now speaks directly to you, the voice is one of a Male, by the sound of it is would seem its a male in his mid 20's and almosts has the feeling that its not of this world, almost too perfect however this beeing 2070 and the method of comunication beeing the Trix you dont realy even bother to note it becasue with the Trix you can be and sound like anything you want when talking to someone else
"Greetings [characters name] my name is Watashi and I have been watching you for some time now *chuckles*. You have impresed me wiht your recent ... shall we say exploits? I believe I might have something that would require your specific set of skills. If you are at all interested in some simple work, the consider the following invite to you: Meet with me at resturaunt LaIbella at 21:00 tonight, we have much to discuss."

With the message ending, there is one final message that dominates your screen that asks if you will be attending [yes/no]. If you select yes, it displays and downloads directions to the restraunt onto your PAN. As an add-on, the message displays the message you had recieved recently from your Fixer, regarding an available run. It occurs to you, even this early, that that may have been intentional. Then the screen blanks, and the Commlink returns to a dormant state.

You check the time and it its only 09:00; you have twelve hours before you are suposed to meet with this person. Before continuing with your morning, you decide to replay the original message. You re-log into your 'Link, and search for the message which has just been played for you. Curiously, there is no trace of either messages, nor even that the Commlink had been activated. Considering your current discomfort at having been disturbed from your slumber, you are quite sure that this did, in fact, happen... It was not a dream.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Caper
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:27 am

Caper jerked out of his sleep... err... meditation. Great, it happened again, always he was falling asleep while meditating. Uncle Lou would laugh. For a moment, Caper wasn't even sure what had cause him to wake, then he realized he was still wearing his commlink, and it was making some wierd noises. A bit paranoid at the thing acting in a way he hadn't told it to, he acknowledged the message and listened quietly.

Well, he thought I could definately use the funds. Watashi, will have to save that one for later.

He indicated yes and looked over the directions for a moment before turning the commlink off and laying back down. Just as he was closing his eyes he snapped them back open and muutered a curse under his breath. Standing, he tried in vain to smooth his wrinkled shirt then walked over to get his blue coat from the tiny closet. Looking over the stuff in the back behind the coat he shrugged.

Shouldn't need any hardware for this, I am just checking the place out.

Throwing the coat over his shoulders he grabbed the commlink up and put it on as well, fitting the goggles over his eyes as he locked the door behind him and headed downstairs to his scooter.

Pulling out onto the street, Caper made his way toward LaIbella. He was hungry, and he wanted to check the place out himself before the meeting tonight.

OOC:

English
Italian
Japanese
Aztec
Thinking

Last edited by rcoverdale on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing for color and for typos)
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:55 am

I am roused from my sleep by the insistent noise making of my favored Commlink. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I finally acknowledge the message and listen halfheartedly until the message ends then i ask it to repeat when I finally get it through my thick skull its a job. I acknowledge Yes cause im starting to run low on funds and my search for Tabetha is definatly not going anywhere. I log on to the 'Trix and look up the establishment to see if its the usual slum or maybe ill get lucky and get a decent meal at a diner. "darn forgot about dinner." I make a quick call to wench which of course goes straight to voicemail... "hey man sorry I got a job come up ill have to buy you drink another time sorry for canceling tonight." then i go back to my search.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Caper immediately recognizes the general area of the address. The address will lead to somewhere in Downtown Seattle (A-district). Following the map cues, Caper arrives near the address and pulls over, parks, and notes that his PAN was auto-debited for parking. It certainly beats the parking ticket system that used to "ensure" honesty... Caper gets out of his car, still following the map cues, and arrives at the street. It is a small side alley, but still in A-Seattle, which means there is little to no fear of crime. At least, unspecific crime... Someone hunting can find anyone anywhere...
After checking around a bit, Caper discovers that the place gets quite a bit of traffic, even this early in the morning. And that the entrants were very well off, as noted by their cars, with drivers, and their clothing. Further, even the two troll bodyguards at the door were well dressed, and had clearly shined their tusks for the job. This place was NO slouch.

Sam's data search for the restraunt pulls up a plethora of information. Most of it unimportant such as the history of the restraunt, notable figures who have dined there as well as how long the establishment has existed, the names of the staff and the current owner. However some things in the search results stand out such as it being a high class restraunt that has a waiting list for reservations (you get tired of reviewing the list after 5 pages of names) and reservations made months in advance just to get a table. It's most notable for the food and beverages served (comments, and the menu, suggest that soy-substitutes are not used). Your basic determination is that the only way someone gets in is by being connected, very well conected.
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Caper spins on his heel and walks back to his scooter mutterering something about being underdressed. He swung by on his way home and bought the cheapest soy-caf he could afford and still expect some modicum of flavor. Once home he checked his funds quietly and began working on some bit of Spell Formula he had been putting off for a while now, he had a few hours before the meet, and he hoped to whatever god was listening that he'd be on their hoity toity guest list.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:26 pm

"Well shite" i dial up the com code to Bender and fire off a quick message

To: Bender

Hey man I just got a message for a job and the meets at a real nice place so you got anything nice cause all i gots is my mechanics coveralls... and maybe a ride to the meet?' Cause I can't take Sheila to the meet shes a bit big. and if i get an advance on the job i will totally get you back. have I ever steered you wrong?

End Message

I walk to the back of my trailer and see if maybe I can rummage up at least a grease free pair of coveralls. I find a pair thats grease free finally... so I move to the part of my trailer thats been converted to a adhoc shower and take a quick one. and hope i get a ring back from Bender before i look stupid at the meet tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:51 pm

James was so tired he almost didn't catch the message. He typed out the vital details automatically, in case he wouldn't remember any of it waking up. It was more reflexive than anything. After waking up a bit, he turned on the coffee pot, checked a few messages, and looked into the building. He almost forgot about the building while lost in his messages, but the five stars that cropped up caught his attention. Whoever just contacted him was both well connected, and either had a very good hacking team, or was a good hacker himself. But he'll look into that later, as a few messages and the soy-caf required his attention.

Later in the day, after he's had his morning coffee and killed a few newbs in Paranormal Crisis, he finally decided to look more into the place. He checked and it seemed to be your normal snob stop. Well, the guy certainly had money, but James was wondering if he should go in the meat, or if he would just drop in the meeting as an Icon. He preferred to go as an icon, but that might offend the guy, if the place would even let him in. Eventually he decided to see if they would let his icon in the on the meet instead of himself.

(OOC: In case of misunderstanding, he's going now to see if they can do that.)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:27 pm

James didn't have any trouble finding digital trails toward the restaurant. However, what he did find was quite disturbing, at least for him. The restaurant itself seemed to be off line. Either they were using some sort of super-hi-tech drek that kept the street guys like him out real nice, or they were using Turtles... Of course, the first seems more likely. But James could understand the need for the second, depending on who they let in that place.
It didn't take James long to come to the conclusion that it looks like getting in without his meat would be unlikely.

Not more than 2 hours later, Sam receives a response.
Dude, I gots me what you need, but I'm about to go to bed... D'ya need it today? Or can I let you in tonight, when I get up? Buzz me back pronto amigo.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:44 pm

I send a reply back pronto

To: Bender

I wont need it till tonight the meet is 2100 so i gotta change and everything first you know. so if you can hook me up thanks!! have a good nap see you around 1800?

End Message

i got a few hours till Bender shows up so Ill do some more work on Mohammed and Alvin my 2 steel lynx
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:29 am

Sam receives an immediate response.
KK Killa, Bender out.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:42 pm

after receivng that message I go back to working on mohammeds left rear servo motor its been acting a little stiff for a couple days. once broken down i realize i forgot to oil that one section... man that was dumb so i place it all back together and start to double check all the oil and grease spots on both alvin and mohammed. I begin to day dream a little about finding my sister.. which reminds me as I step back into reality to go through my commlink for all my forums and sites looking for my sister any information as to her whereabouts. i hate not knowing where she went. I walk to the back of my trailer and open the door and have alvin and mohammed down to the ground and hop down behind them.and walk to the cab of the truck. and climb up and hop into my rigger coccoon and begin to attach all the straps hoses and other equipment. then I begin a hop into Mohammed to double check I did all my work. as the diagnostic screen clears I begin my usual start up routine a 100 yard walk followed by a one mile run then begin testing the jumpin functions and simulate combat through AR. after that I do the same with Alvin.

Last edited by outpost_2 on Sun May 02, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Bender shows up, more or less on time. He has two suits, either worthy of the kind of company expected.
"Dude, didn't know what kind of company you were plannin' on keepin' tonight. Brought the old stand-by, the Tuxedo, with a little protection built in... Of course. Also, picked up this sweet jobbie recently for an, uh, engagement that I, uh, was invited to. Good lookin' 3-piecer, 4 front buttons; also got the built in protection... Not sure if it's too sweet for your party or what. I got somethin' a little less uppity if ya need it back at the homestead. Whacha thinkin'?" Bender says, completely forgetting the small talk. In the one hand, a clear suit-bag with a recently cleaned, perfect condition tuxedo, with both a bowtie and a regular. It's clear that this get's a fair amount of use, since it has all the accessories, shoes included, in the bag with it. In the other is a 4-button 3-piece suit, dark blue with pin stripes. It is an impressive suit, and would be very well suited for a business meeting with the head of the Yaks, or the chief of security for the 'Raku Arch.
"Take your pick." He says, holding them out to Sam.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:56 pm

James, incredibly disappointed, merely sighed as he left VR and stood up. Since it looked like he's going to be going to someplace fashionable, it might do to get something that looks a bit better. He searched his closet, but couldn't find anything that would pass in such a ritzy place. Somewhat desperate, he sent a message to an old friend.

Hey, Adam.

I was wondering if you had a suit I could borrow. I'm headed someplace nice, and my usual dregs won't cut it. Any help would be appretiated.

-Cr4sh

OOC: GM edit for color, Cyan is reserved for GM use.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:38 pm

"Defenitly the tux" i snatch it up and twist it around "Sweet!! I have always wanted to wear a tux! So... Can you let me borrow a ride or do i need to call a cab? Or you could drop me off too..." I motion him to come on up into the trailer so I can change and continue the conversation there. Once inside I shrug out of the coveralls and reverently hang the tux up and pull back the clear plastic, and begin to put it on reveling in the feel of nice clothes for the first time since my father died. "Thanks man I was afraid for a second this morning I was going to have to show up to a grade A place in a pair of coveralls and totally screw the secrecy of a decent meeting."
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:16 am

Caper paused in his work and glanced at the time. "I should have learned that spell when it was offered....eh," he checked over his notes and saved the file. Grabbing the gear from his wardrobe, he locked the door before heading over to the shop to talk to Uncle Lou.

Once inside he walked over to where Uncle Lou was working on some talisman or another, "Uncle Lou, I am gonna go straight for the throat here, I need an advance on this month's pay so as I can get me a suit to wear to LaIbella."

He waited a moment, sure Uncle Lou heard him, and knowing he would answer in his own time.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:17 am

Adam's response is quick. It seems as though he must have been working on something else within the 'Trix.
James,

No problem, I got a couple models that would work. What kinda suit are you looking for? Color? Let me know..
Also, I got a decent hookup with a good tailor if you want one of your own. They ain't cheap, but they're good work. She will take deferred payment for a fee. And she's quick.

- Adam.

Bender steps in and takes a seat, looking approvingly as Sam put's on the tux. He lays the suit over the back of a chair at the table, and leans back enjoying the luxury of the moment.
"Dude, that thing looks good on you. This work or pleasure?" He asks with a smirk on his face.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:45 pm

"well business for the most part but hopefully there will be some pleasure in it" I twist in front of the mirror and enjoy the pleasure that comes from a good looking suit even if it doesn't fit perfectly. "so about that ride..." i look at him hopefully I remember he had an entire fleet of cars but... hes always been touchy about anyone but him touching them i remember he allowed me into the warehouse where he kept them once. he even had a 67 mustang in mint condition. I couldn't believe it.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:28 am

"Not a chance, Homes. I'm busy tonight... Got some business of my own to take care of. And don't even bother asking to take a ride out yourself. Ain't Happ'nin. I do know a decent Rasta Shaman who has a Stretch as his secondary source of income. He's reasonably priced, and a decent enough dude. Want me to give him a call?" Bender says, responding to Sam's hopeful request for a ride.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:47 am

James sighed as he read the message. It was true he was short on cash. He'd rather borrow one of Adam's suits. But then again, Adam was a foot taller than James, so probably not the best of ideas.

Adam:

I think I'd like to get a suit of my own. Give me the address and I'll check it out.

-Cr4sh
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:35 pm

James: Madam Shinobus. She's a black Orc, real short. I sent her a message with your pic attached. Don't worry, I didn't give her your name. She knows your coming.
At the end of the message are coordinates. They autoload a location, and presumably there is only one door to knock on at that point.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:40 am

"nah I dont think I can afford that right now..." I shrug "thats why im glad the job came up." flips open his commlink to call a cab "well i should probably get going it wouldn't be good to be late to this kind of meeting i would think." gets up and escorts bender out. "well... ill call you if i need anything. then puts the commlink to his ear. "I need a taxi from the sunnyside trailer park to LaIbella pronto"
Back to top Go down
rcoverdale
Meat
Meat
rcoverdale

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:22 pm

After Uncle Lou fronts him the money, Caper expresses his thanks as he makes for the door. He didn't have much time.

Sending an order ahead with his measurements, he headed out to pick up his suit, swinging past LaIbella one more time before the meeting, he pauses long enough to take a peek at the place Astrally before resuiming to his suit pick-up.

With luck, there would only be needed a few quick adjustments to the suit. He modified his order on the way to make sure the shirt and tie where in shades of blue.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:50 pm

After a little while, still at least 6 hours to the meet, he hopped in his truck and made his way through town. Sure the truck wasn't a fancy machine, but it looked good enough and had a lot of space for things he might want to bring along. Traffic was, as usual, horrible in downtown Seattle. He was worried for a minute that he might miss the meet due to the traffic. After an hour he finally made it to the shop. He walked inside, and looked around for the Ork he was to see.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:08 am

Caper:
With a bit of fresh cash in his pocket, Caper heads out like an excited teenager to spend it! Knowing he was looking for something simple enough, he sent an order out to the nearest SuperDepartment Store. A nice suit with mild armoring is something that is sold off the shelves these days, and in most SuperDepartment stores, they will do minimal alterations for free and on the spot.
He walks in to a massive establishment, and works his way to the "Men's Department," which was a section of floor large enough to house 2 full sized warehouses in the Docks. Wandering around relatively aimlessly, Caper is snatched up by an enterprising sales associate doing his job a little too well. After another good 45 minutes, and 4 suits, Caper has finally settled on a nice Italian Blue suit, well tailored, with only slight necessary modifications.

James:
Walking in the front door of what appears, on the outside at least, to be a relatively modern-day tenement, you are immediately greeted with a warmly decorated and lighted waiting room. The couches are worn, but well loved and cared for. They were also clearly the top of the line upholstery when they were originally purchased, and have been lovingly maintained for a very long time.
After a few moments of sitting and doing nothing, a very short, slight, Ork comes out from the only other door in the room. She looks you up and down, literally sizing you up.
"You want suit? She says, her accent somewhat surprising.
"What suit you want? Come, I show you." She says, leading the way through the door. You follow.
She walks into another room which perfectly matches your expectations of a highly skilled tailor's work space. There is a raised platform, great lighting, and mirrors all round. There are also cloth clippings, needles, and thread everywhere. She pulls back a mirror, and You are confronted with a walk-in closet filled on both sides with 2 rows (up and down, although it's hard to imagine how she reaches the upper level suits...) of very finely tailored suits.
"Now you show me." She says, ushering you into the closet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets -   A Time For Secrets - Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets -
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: