Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 pm

L.T. hopped a cab home. The car was not built for trolls, and though he was not as big as some trolls. His girth far exceeded the space allotted by the vehicle. So the ride was long, and uncomfortable to say the least. He got home none the worse for ware, and the pitcher of alcohol plus two pounds of rare steaks. Started to take there toll. His eyes fell as he watched the static drenched trid screen. The news was on. He hated the news. Always something bad on the news. Just once he wanted to see a good story...

Whats this Lil'T thought smoke! Why is it everywhere? I cant see, i cant breath. then he heard that sound that awful Roar, and he knew that it had found him once more. He had let his guard down and now he had to run! He got to his feet and started that run! He ran and ran, but he could still hear the angry snarls of his stalker. An it was getting closer. He panted. Sweat was balling into drops on his forehead, then his chin, then he was drenched in sweat. And he could not breath it was as if he were in a sonah (spelled wrong i know). He fell hit, the floor hard. Then turned over helpless and prone. and the Black Dragon breathed his horrible breath.....

Tiamet awoke on his small soaking wet (from sweating) cot... both hands rubbed his forehead, then his horns. Damn he thought what did i ever do to deserve this? Why could he not dream of beautiful elven dancing girls. He smiled at that, having been use to this nitemare for sometime. Oh well i gotta get to strip joint one day and get some better imagery in my skull.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 am

for tiamat
Once you get home your comlink buzes with a message

<< Message Recieved >>
Hey Kid, the name pulled up zilch anywhere. however i did get a hit on the picture with the short hair it was taken by a security camera in a convenience store three months ago in Neo Tokyo

-Atachemnt-
THe picture you recieved as an atatchment shows to be inside of a convenience store with someone who is the spiting image of your photo of the missing person
<< End Message >>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 am

Before the dream and after he gets the message Tiamet looks at the message it was from job who had been the most reliable person in his life and the message was solid Holy crap! it was there current objective in the flesh. If he was drinking he would have spit his beverage everywhere, but he was not so he did not. He quickly sent two messages before tuning on the Trid and having his night mare. one to job

message begins:

To: Job here's five g's (transferred to the usual account) for all your hard work sir. Thanks Lil'T out.

message ends:

Then sends messages to the teams members that gave him contact info.

Voice message begins:

Team:
Had the same guy who did the photos for us make the same search i asked haven to run (no offense shorty just think two heads are better then one). This is what he came up with. The time stamp on the photo shows three months ago so this is the guy were looking for. He's was in neo Tokyo at least at that time. So one week wont make the trail any colder I'm guessing. We will see. We never decided who was leading this excursion of ours sooo. We vote on whats next, or you guys holla at me when you decide what you wanna do. LT out.

message ends:

attachment: photo from convenience store of objective, taken three months ago.

Then the sounds of the trid cast make everything fade to black...and the nitemare begins....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:42 pm

When Kesslan arrives at the Tailor he'll stop and see if he cant pick up the following (Or something at least close to it):

Executive suit long jacket: 1000 [Avail 9]
Executive Suit Plain Shirt: 400 [Avail 9]
Executive Suit Trousers: 550 [Avail 9]
Synergist Suit Jacket: 800 [Avail 8]
Synergist Slacks: 400 [Avail 8]
Synergist High-Collar Shirt: 300 [Avail 8]
Synergist Longcoat: 1300 [Avail 8]

After all, he'd still need protection, being that he's a runner, even in a high class environment. So why not combine the best of both worlds and get high end, tailored armored clothes? At least then he wouldn't look /quite/ so out of place. If he can't get armored versions, he'll at least inquire about getting a properly tailored suit or two. Given the apparent 'class' real or not of their present employer, he wanted to be sure he had some actual good quality clothes for future meetings, should such be called for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am

Ghostmaker wrote:


Team:[color=red]
Had the same guy who did the photos for us make the same search i asked haven to run (no offense shorty just think two heads are better then one). This is what he came up with. The time stamp on the photo shows three months ago so this is the guy were looking for. He's was in neo Tokyo at least at that time. So one week wont make the trail any colder I'm guessing. We will see. We never decided who was leading this excursion of ours sooo. We vote on whats next, or you guys holla at me when you decide what you wanna do. LT out.

message ends:

attachment: photo from convenience store of objective, taken three months ago.

When Kesslan receives the information a few days later he's fairly quick at sending a response. "Sounds as good as any a place to start looking to me. That's the most recent placement we have of the guy, though in three months he could have gone anywhere. That said.. we should probably be able to find some one there who remembers him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 am

It had been a few days and the nightmares came on stronger and stronger but T took it in stride. He was tired from his work out. he practiced drawing his pistols in the mirror. "That damn Black dragon cant get a wink o' sleep these days" he mumbled. It used to be here and there but of late he'd been having the nightmare almost every night. Maybe it was the case. Hmph! he snorted maybe he should count his blessings and be glad it was just a dream. He smiled at that, and licked his left tusk as he patted his corn row hair style, Which was at the moment being held together by a due rag. He loaded his pistols and checked the telecom. No new messages. So he printed out a nice size print of the target, and stuffed it in his pocket. Then it hit him! He'd not heard from haven for a few days. He Wondered where the lil guy was and had he completed the search? As if on Que his comm beeped! he made mental note to put that on silent and pulled up the message. It was kesslen and he was apparently on the same page as T he started to think he had sent that message out a day or two ago and one response hmmm? he thought after he hit up one of the local girls to do his hair do hair due he would see if he could call a meeting of the current runners he wanted the rest of his money and he'd already said yes hell over the last couple of days he already set up a few message drops to his new name. And inquired about buying some property he could then rent out but nothing on that paned out yet. But he was useing the name he knew the Johnson was montering that. he figured he'd hit the street see if every ones heart was still in it. Probably not but he would see! So he fired off a message to Kess, and one to the whole team.

message to kess:

Great glad were on the same page Omae.


message ends:

Message to team:

Ok so its been a few days and i'd like to get together and go over what everybody's been up to... I still aint got my gear yet, but hell it'll be hear soon. And id like to get right down too it. Ill be at (meta human Club address in redmond barrons) to night 8 sharp. Its a merc. Hang out so don't stare too hard at anyone person you see. Could get you shot, and dont for gods sake dress up nice. Could get you robbed. Just ask the bartender for me. He will know who i am. I'm no leader but i want to see who's working and who's got there head up there hoop.... Tiamet out.


End message:

Then he headed to the get one of the local girls to braid his hair he smiled he could tip this time and good....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1139
Age : 32
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:04 pm

"Well then ladies and gentlemen, i'll talk with you in a few days." It wasn't that Driver was eager to leave the meeting, he just had other things on his mind with his new found freedom. Loading up a connection to Eleanor, he had her start up and load the path to the family he had never seen, but had always had.

Driver had parked Eleanor in front of her apartment building, it wasn't the best their could be, but it was a neighborhood that the Star patrolled regularly. He left the car, Eleanor giving him a cheerful beep as she locked herself down for the night. Sarah had opened the door, expecting a man in a suit to drop off the money that she was messaged about, but this man, in this suit was not what she expected. Falling to her knees in shock she looked up at the well dressed man slowly walking up to her with a smile, a very young girl joining her mom on the ground as they both looked up at the stranger who offered his hand to help them both up, "I think inviting me in would be the smartest thing to do at the moment."

He woke up the next morning, the feint beep of his commlink rousing him this morning, he checked the message, noted that only one more day had gone past, and shut off his commlink and fell back to sleep. Laziness was not usually his modis operendi but he was happy, and he was going to enjoy it for a few more hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:35 am

For his own part, Kesslan spent the next few days relaxing and alternatively packing for the expected trip over to Japan. In the end, just in case, he packed one bag he could actually safely take (more or less, if his fake licenses held up, or were otherwise designed to slip through weapons detectors etc.) through customs and a second bag that contained all his other, less legal equipment in the event they were able to find some way to smuggle all the necessary tools into the country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 am

Two days after the meet Kesslan, Driver and Tiamat receve a horibly corrupted message and the only decernable word on it is "New". the sender is unknown as it to had become corrupted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Side Note   Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Boy, doesn't this just beat all! Ashe thinks to herself. Some corporate goon decided that I need to be wasting an unknown amount of time waiting for someone I wouldn't recognize anyway...
Ashe finishes up lunch, packs together a small PDA with her favorite old-time game: Mahjong, to help her pass the time while she is waiting. Next, she runs over to the mirror, checks her make-up, hair, and whether or not she needs to change before heading out. Yep, this shirt can NOT be worn in public. She hurries in to her bedroom, takes a quick scan of what is still clean, and sighs. Her favorite shirt is still in the cleaner's bag... She selects a nice white blouse and a pencil skirt. Knowing that pumps are probably not the right choice for this meet, she selects a pair of nice, but sensible shoes to wear. She takes a second look in her mirror, and frowns. Running back to the closet, she changes the shoes, and puts on the pumps. She grabs a pair of her workout slippers with rubber soles and puts them in her purse, just in case. With a last look at her toe-nails, she rushes out the door, almost forgetting to grab her umbrella... it is Seattle, after all.
Furtunately it isn't raining today, but you can never be too careful in this city. She hails the first cab to come by. On her way over, she opens up the latest of the local periodicals that she picked up off the newsstand this morning. Flipping to the asian section, she reads through slowly, working on her Mandarin.
When she gets to where she is headed, she selects a place to be seated, sits down, arranges her skirt and purse, pulls out her PDA, and then opens her senses to the Astral, and takes a look around.
OOC Stuff:
Hi all, excited to join in the fun!
For Havick: I looked in to "Invisible Castle" and am unable to access that site from work. For expedience, I suggest that you roll the dice for me when determining then effects of my actions. That way it alleviates any potential for cheating, without forcing us to wait for me to return home and roll from there. That being said: Assensing 4, Magic 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Tiamet let the bartender know where he was going to be siting just encase the team showed up he wanted to see how reliable they were and go over the info heed been sending out to them."Meeting People here tonight mac clean glasses please Ill be in the booth in the back".
then he patted his newly corn rowed hair taking care not to brush his horns and licked his left tusk. then he moved to the back of the room an headed for the vip area (which certainly did not look or smell VIP). All eyes were on T he had dressed slightly nicer then usual but was still packing so he put his mind at ease. its not like he was being chased by a black dragon or nothing. He smiled as he moved to the back let'em look he thought let'em look. he then double checked the message that had come in a day or so ago. Same type of garbled message that had gotten him this million Nuyin job but this one was fragged all he could make out was new what the hell did that mean new info new job hell maybe it referred to the Realtor info he'd been inquiring about lately. Nah better check the only team member that had made contact with him so he shot off a message to kess.

Message begins

To: Kess

"Got a strange message today, like the one I got from our employer Right before we met. Think its the same guy? Anyway I'm at the bar i sent to you earlier. You coming or... Tiamet Out"


Message ends

Ooc: welcome Gala stay frosty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Tiamat, whe nyou reach the bar and after talking to the Barkeep you notice a Female Elf that is slightly overdressed for the location
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

LIL'T noticed the elf female sticking out like a sore thumb in the merc hang out, and asks the bar keep. ]"Hey What's with the fresh meat over there? Do you know her or what she's doing in a hi-end joint like this?(smiles) " keeping his usual booming voice to a low whisper. And leans on the bar. Here on business T reminded himself, and waited for the the bar keeps answer. Before hitting the back (like i said in the last post his swagger had changed). He tried not to draw to much attention, but it was inevitable with his new diggs. The rest of the bar had never seen him in anything other then jeans and a tank top and long coat. He looked like he had a business or something.... like he had a purpose that know one knew.


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1139
Age : 32
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 pm

He had checked the message before waking up completely, its was the morning of day three [[counting the very first meeting as day 1]], the next night would be a return to the darkness that inhabited him, but sleeping beside Driver, nestled against his pillows heavy with their scent was the light in his world, and watching cartoons in the next room was the entire reason why he would go through with this mission, hopefully with the payout, it would be one of the last.

Driver had risen silently and donned a clean pressed suit that was usually stored in the trunk of Eleanor, he wanted to look the same as he always did, a professional of his craft, no matter the place, no matter how out of character he might look, appearances were important. He was fixing his tie in the mirror when he felt a pair of hands wrap around his waist, a soft clearly feminine form press against his back, "Leaving without saying good bye?" It was an honest question, with their last meeting, he had left her, and it was completely unknown if they would ever meet again, but not this time. "Never goodbye, never again, consider that a very personal rule number 6." "What's rule 5 daddy?" Leaning down, taking his wife and daughters hand in his, "Rule number 5, Together forever, yours in life and death." A few almost tearful goodbyes, tearing open old wounds, and amounting a rather large amount of worry for everyone, Driver entered Eleanor and took off with a smile and a wave to the wife and daughter he would have waiting for him, a heaven after he traveled through the depths of hell.

Passing by the shop, he picked up the new parts for Eleanor, she gave a high rev as he placed them in the trunk, ready to be installed later once this meeting was over, this was going to be a long night.

After parking outside the club till five minutes before the time, he locked down Eleanor, and let her sensors run over the area while he was inside fr the catch up, he was partially ashamed that he hadn't gathered any new information, but he wanted something for himself, so he was selfish, for once. Spotting T, he made his way through the crowd, ignoring the odd looks at him showing up in such a place with a pressed suit. "So what's the deal T?"

--
To: Eleanor
From: Driver

If things go bad, i want you to get me an opening on the front wall, i don't care what it takes.
--
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Driver
Upon reaching the club and spoting Tiamat, once youve spoken to him you notice out of hte corner of your eye a Female Elf whom compared to you fits in slightly better but its still obvious she is slightly out of place

Ashe,

Your assencing shows you when Tiamat enters there is something slightly of with his aura, though what exactly you dont know. It just seems to not be quight right. you also notice is an Adept.
when Driver comes in, your assensing test on him reveals that he has some implants. your Logic tests tells you that this man fits every discription of someone looking to hire people in this type of establishment, you also figure he must have sent you the mesage to come here. And you have lost a credstick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Tiamet Looked up when he heard his initial called it was driver all decked out and looking ready to work. He smiled and licked his left tusk and patted his corn rowed hair. D. not feeling like divulging to much info to the ears that were probably all on them. Held out a hand to driver "I knew you had the balls i knew you of all the others would show nice suit." "Have a drink on me. were in the back so far its you me and kess you remember him the guy needed fixing with some stuff at the meeting."He quickly eyes everyone around. so they look else where. "Well i think he's coming." In the back room L.T. shoots Driver the video from a week and three days ago with his comm. "Check the time stamp that's our man." be right back did you see that elf in the front check this out and he shoots the static stricken message to driver "That came in to me too. Looks like our employer was trying to reach me. I Think. Did you get this message from any one or anything like it?"Lil'T then goes out to the front of the bar to the bar tender for his answer on the elf women pays for his drink with a generous tip. So what do you got on the elf? he whispers to the bartender She hiring or what? He then takes a look at her in the astral....


Ooc: i don't know why code is in my text lol
Havick:Fixed it, it wwas how it was writen you had [ color=red[i] ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 pm

"Nah T she just walked in here and took a seat a while ago, i figured she was here to meet someone, i dont try to get intot peoples buisness and she hasnt come over here to ask for anything Your astral view of her Tiamat shows that she is Awakened
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks Tiamet says to the barhop. Then steps over to the Elf women. "Sweet hart while I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself" and he smiles, winks at her and tips his imaginary hat. "You need some help, you waiting on your sweet heart, or you looking for some muscle? He sits down. Me and my friends were having drinks in the back my names Little Tiamet or LT if you need some help i can probably set ya up." With that the troll smiles. She did not scream. She means business he concluded. Before she could speak T got up and walked back to hang and wait for kess he sat across from driver his back to the front of the bar "what do you think he said"....


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:26 pm

When the next day for the meeting is setup, Kesslan gets up, has a shower, gets dressed in his Urban Explorer jumpsuit, slips his pair of custom Colt Government 2066's in their concealable holsters, makes sure he's got a few clips squared away in his jumpsuit pockets and makes for the meet. Once more taking his motorcycle. He'd stand out a little in a crowd, but when it came to certain things... the bike. The guns (when visible) he... wanted to make an impression. He didn't know why really. Besides, he just preferred the sleek stylish look over just.. any grimy old thing.

Upon receiving the message from Tiamat, Kesslan responds 'Not sure what exactly your referring to, but I did get some garbled message. Figured I'd save it and see if I could find some one who could try and salvage it on the cheap. Might be spam.. but given that our client had the resources he did, I wouldn't put it past the possibility some one's hacked my comlink again.'

It's not too long after that he arrives at the designated meeting point, finds a decent spot to park and makes his way in. Once there he puts out a ping to Tiamet's link "Just got to the meet, you here omae?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:47 pm

T Sends a Message to kess "Me and driver are in the back get a drink and come pop a squat." Then looks at driver "Kess is here" he smiles "We got us a small squad!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 am

From Lil'T: "Sweet hart while I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself"
"Well, thank you," she says, smiling in return to the wink he gives her. She takes a careful look at Tiamat (tusks and horns; troll, I assume?). "I certainly know my way around a bar, even the occasional rough one."

From Lil'T: "You need some help, you waiting on your sweet heart, or you looking for some muscle?"
"That is a good question. I am not sure yet whom it is that I am here to meet. The message I recieved gave neither name nor time, just location." She quirks her eyebrow at him when he seats himself. She assumed that he was not the man she was here to meet, since he rushed through his next statement and immediately left before she could really engage in the dialogue. And, he didn't even let her introduce herself. How Strange.
Ashe was coming to the assumption that this waiting game may take a while. She takes one last look around to see if anyone was obviously trying to catch her attention. She then saved her progress in the Mahjong game that she was not really playing and walked up to the barkeep for introductions, and a drink.

"Good afternoon sir," She smiles sweetly at the barkeep. It is always good to be friendly with barkeeps, it is simply too easy to end up with a sour drink if you don't treat them with some respect. "I am called Ashe. Has there, perhaps, been a message left for me?" - It wouldn't be the first time a Johnson had initiated the first meeting with a note on a napkin. Hell, it wouldn't even be the first time the napkin was a USED napkin! - She thinks to herself with a wry smile playing across her lips. She waits, politely, for the Barkeep to introduce himself before she orders her drink.
"If you would please, I will take a Gin and Seltzer?" She then leans in and lowers her voice. "Umm... Top shelf, please?" She returns to upright, and returns her voice to normal. "I prefer them in a tall glass, and with a twist of lime, if you would be so kind?" She flashes one of her most winning smiles. "Oh, also, just a little heavier on the seltzer than the gin?" She closes her astral sight, and takes a second look at the bar proper, as well as the current inhabitants.
"It is safe to assume that you know the clientelle here well?" She asks the barkeep when he brings her drink back. She pays, rather than leaving a tab open, and tips quite generously. "I was wondering if you could tell me anything about that gentleman whom has just recently approached me? Also, the other well dressed gentleman whom he met here a moment before?" She waits patiently for the barkeep's response and thanks him for it when it comes. She drops a second tip the size of the first, and turns to go.
"Oh, one last thing. I seem to have misplaced one of my credsticks..." Ashe trails off a bit, looking somewhat uncomfortable. "I realize that I am unlikely to see it again, but if it turns up, I would be much abliged if you would return it to me. I will freely give you a piece of what is recovered, of course. It isn't much more than inconvenient, but it IS inconvenient." With that, she returns to her seat to enjoy her drink.

Ashe sits down, and smoothes her skirt over her legs again. She sips her drink slowly, enjoying the aroma of the Gin. It always surprised her that people do not drink more Gin; Gin is just a subtle, easy flavored drink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 am

T could not get that single elf out of his mind what she had said.

From Ashe:"That is a good question. I am not sure yet whom it is that I am here to meet. The message I received gave neither name nor time, just location."

And he played back the message from whom ever to him self and kept it ready. Then he excused himself from the back table. "Sorry guys but i gotta find out what this lady's about gotta hunch." he was young and brash but he was confident. So he gave his hunch a shot. He approached the pretty elf women, who was now sipping her drink again. "My bad never got your name", and he held out his big hand. A hand that was not so huge when compared to most trolls but still was big enough to engulf her's. He did not sit this time but he leaned down so he could speak quietly. "My friends are gonna put my hoop in a sling for this but well you mentioned you had been told ta meet some one here but you did not know who or why i gotta message similar to that a day ago mind if i show it to you?" he opened up his pan to her and waited for her answer while he waited he spoke. "Ya see guy i work for he likes to send those kind of messages and while i wont say who that is" he looked around to see who was being nosy then finished "He probably sent you a message like it too you mind if we trade messages see if we cant put our heads together and figure this out"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:49 am

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Little Tiamat." Ashe said, standing and taking the outstretched ham of a hand. He showed restraint, which was pleasantly surprising, in that he did not attempt to crush her hand in the shake.
Ashe remained standing, and met his eyes. "How is it that you were sidled with a descriptor like "Little" in your name, LT?" She said, placing some emphasis on the "L" in "LT". It is not difficult to sea that she speaks carefully, enunciating her words, placing her accents deliberately. For the moment, not sure what he has in mind, she opts to leave her hand in his grasp. It would, after all, be impolite to remove her hand before she was clear on his intentions.

From Lil'T: "My friends are gonna put my hoop in a sling for this but well you mentioned you had been told ta meet some one here but you did not know who or why i gotta message similar to that a day ago mind if i show it to you?"
"Well, we don't want your friends to put your, umm... 'your hoop in a sling'..." Her face colored slightly as she repeated his chosen words. - Ahh, he is here to speak with me about business... Well, I am in need of some good, uh, work... She extracts her hand from his and takes a seat at the table. She then smooths her skirt over her legs, and indicates with a nod of the head toward the seat opposite her that he should seat himself if he wishes. "That message is very interesting." She says immediately, then pauses giving LT a chance to describe the situation.

From Lil'T: "He probably sent you a message like it too you mind if we trade messages see if we cant put our heads together and figure this out"
"You are correct in your assumption, I did receive a message similar to this one. My message also was untraceable." She shows him the message. Then she takes a moment, for thought presumably. She leans back in her chair slightly, breaking the close contact with Tiamat, and takes another sip of her drink. After her moment's contemplation, she leans back in to him and speaks. "Now, it is clear that someone wishes for us to meet. What is it about you that 'he' is so interested in me learning?" She emphasizes the 'he' on purpose. A slight smirk spreads across her face as she anticipates his response... "Let me cut you off there... Why don't you go back to the 2 friends that you have so warmly welcomed here this afternoon, and let them know that you think you know why your employer has summoned you all here today. I will sit here and continue to enjoy my drink, and you may come retrieve me once your friends are more suitably prepared for a, uh, shall we say: 'newcomer'. Does that sound good?" The smirk shifts in to a warm smile. The kind you give to a new acquaintance, one whom you believe you will come to enjoy their company in time. She nods to him, and picks her drink back up, swirling it slightly with the plastic stirrer, and takes another sip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:34 pm

When asked about his name and after letting go of the nice elf's hand T sits down. Well my dad gave me the name. He shifts uncomfortably when he speaks of his absent father, but keeps his winning smile licks his left tusk and pats his neatly done corn rowed hair. "That's about all he gave me before he left. But don't worry about that i get along just fine without him." Hmmph! he snorts. Probably considers himself big T and he smiles once more.

when she speaks of her message LIl'T takes a look. and responds "Yeah i think were playing for the same team here. That's my employers M.O. alright." Damn you Watashi a clearer heads up would have been nice he thinks to himself. When she says for him to go see the guys he stands up "I'll do just that you don't go anywhere now ok..." and he heads to the back.

when he gets there there is a look of surprise on his face You guys are not gonna believe this but I think Watashi our employer sent her here to meet us why i don't know but we might as well find out what she knows about the mission. oh and if he did send her we need to know how he's keeping tabs on us don't we. He looks at driver then at kess "Well you guys want to meet her or what?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Ashe settles back in to her seat and takes another sip from her drink. She opens her purse, and pulls her PDA back out, zipping the purse closed afterward. Knowing how these things go, there is only really 2 different possibilities right now. Either they are going to come charging back out here immediately, and demand things from her which she cannot give, at full vocal volume, OR, they will take their sweet time back there, arguing, discussing, and finally voting on whether or not they invite her back to join them. It's just the group dynamic.

She turns her attention back to her drink, and her Mahjong. There just isn't much sense in being impatient... Now is there? She asks herself, enjoying the relatively simple game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down
 
A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: