Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Line
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 52
Age : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:10 pm

The taxi pulled up at the address and stopped, the driver, an ork whose manner would make fit for one to assume that he had likely spent the better part of a decade or more behind the wheel of this very same vehicle, threw the vehicle into Park with a negligent gesture and spoke into the rearview mirror. "Twenty." Of course, the AR display floated on the partition between the front and back seats, an almost confusing display of a City map complete with current location, colored traffic indicators, current time, date, current temperature and weather, fare total, and an opinion box for the driver that "would help us ensure satisfactory service".

Now, for the human in the backseat, this was something he was accustomed to, his own commlink's persistent display on his glasses centered around his view, deferring to the priority of the taxi's "local node" as the terminology went. Of course, the fare total read seventeen and some change, but given the area report (conveniently nested under a pull-down box under the map) and the related crime statistics (also optioned under the draw-down box) suggested that a tip was in order. A flick of his finger authorized the transfer, another flick denying requesting a return pickup at a time-to-be-specified, and he got out of the taxi. Evident the second his leg emerged from the taxi, he was no tourist, not lost, and not an easy mark. Simply dressed in dark slacks and a business-like white shirt, the synthleather coat he had on over it straddled the border between "street" and "semi-casual" nicely. Dark-skinned for a human, he had the tone of what could be someone of Amerind heritage, his dark hair cut close to the scalp, and the moderately expensive pair of frameless AR glasses stylishly complementing his ensemble. No watch, no jewelry.

Immediately obvious upon his entry into the club was that his metatype was definitely in the minority, and an insignificant effort let his gaze shift into the astral on his return sweep of the area for anything excessively abnormal. It was likely rote for some of the more experienced club-goers, and doing this let you know not only who could check you out, but also told them that you could see them looking, and furthermore let you know how many of those in your view would likely resort to say, fire over firearms. All of this was done in the span of a pair of seconds, knowing that anyone that also looked at him would see that in measurements of raw capability, he was in the top measure.

His drink order was given by way of a couple of blinks and the flick of a finger, going over to take a seat at an open booth along the wall, a neat glass of ice half-filled with a clear liquid delivered not long after he stat down. The regulars would not know him, but he made as if he was entirely at ease here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:18 pm

your scan of the room shows you nothing out of the ordinary for the type of area your in, however your scan of the place wiht your astral sight shows you that off in the back where it apears to be a Troll and two humans, the astral form of one of the humans is not quite "Human" as he apears as a large Cat. plus the Troll is Awakened
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Ashe looks up from her Mahjong, eying the new patron as he walks in the door. He looks perfectly normal, as compared to any of the other patrons of the bar, so Ashe pays little attention to him. She takes a sip of her drink, enjoying the slight pine aroma of the higher quality Gin available in bars. Setting her drink down, she goes back to the Mahjong game. She only barely notices him taking his seat, but her interest is piqued when a drink is delivered to him without direct contact with the Barkeep. - Huh, look at that. That requires higher end equipment, not the cheap stuff, and a thorough understanding of it's usage. I wonder how much more of it he is hiding... She thinks to herself.
Ashe decides to take a quick peek at him in Astral. Ashe waits carefully for an opportune moment, when he is both not looking and has his attention focused, and finds it as he begins to indulge in the clear liquid. Quickly, as she had been trained to do, Ashe opens herself to the Astral to take a quick peek. - It is always interesting when a heavily cybered goon comes to join any party. As soon as she gets a good look at him, she closes off her Astral sight, and returns to her game of Mahjong. - This definitely warrants a few moments of consideration. She settles back in to her game, periodically taking moment to reconsider the delightful Gin and Tonic she was enjoying. Eventually the group in the back will decide to stop arguing and bring her back there. Either it will be pleasant from the start, or it will start out as somewhat unpleasant.

She had already cataloged the new bar patron, despite her previous momentary interest, and was back to the task at hand.

Game Stuff: Astral Perception Roll: 9 dice (don't go and get all spoiled because I could use Invisible Castle on the weekend...Wink)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2389952/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:37 am

While Lil'T was off talking to the woman, Kesslan had rather casually ordered a drink, more out of making a proper 'appearance' as a customer, than any particular desire to actually drink. As such, the drink it self is hardly even touched by the time Li'T returns to express his belief. Kesslan frowns slightly at that, leaning back in his seat. "I don't know. If it was from our employer, I'd think it would have been a lot more clear. It could be a setup, or maybe some one tried to prevent the message from getting out? Wish I knew a hacker I could run it by though, they'd likely be able to give a much better guess at these things. I... just know the potential basics." he pauses once more before giving a shrug "I suppose it couldn't hurt to at least talk to her. See what was what."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:38 am

Kesslen was right of course and LT knew it. He cursed himself in his head. He was being rash and in a hurry for nothing again. "Came with being nineteen" Job said. Those thoughts of Job were stinging in his head now. Was he being to quick or was he right his gut was screaming go get her! But Lil'T knew his Luck was more bad then good. He dropped his hands in defeat but cocked an interested right eye at kesslen. What did his experience show him, that T's inexperience had not shown him. He looked to driver for support on this one. "Think about it where is everyone that was in that room that night" he sat down. I gave Haven a task had him poke around the way i asked my guy too. My guys pretty slick and knows people. So i see where he got his info from, but Haven well have any of you heard from the little guy. Me i haven't. Took my guy a day or so. but he got me the little i got. Haven being the competent matrix jocky he said he was. Probably paid for what he found. Maybe I'm paranoid when it comes to this Watashi guy but i think he's watching us but i don't know how. I also think were getting reinforcements. Wheres that mage chick you remember the one that had no clue about running. where's she."

After a brief moment passed and T figured he was finally hitting home. He rapped it up. "I got it figured like this at the very least if nothing happen to them. Maybe they split with there new life, figure a mill was enough for them. took it and ran scan me. And we all got Watashi style messages from some weird source." he looked at Kess again. "Ask yourself did Watashi give you a way to contact him when the mission was over. Hows he know we got the guy." He sort of bit his lip lightly. "I'm no leader so if we take her in its not my call. I say we vote it out. Oh and if she dose not know who sent her the message. Who's paying her To be here?" Shrugs... and waits for driver to speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1139
Age : 32
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:13 pm

Kept his face blank as he observed Tiamet fail miserably at short talk with the woman, and saw him frantically run back and forth between her and the table, "Just bring her here, it's obvious she knows something about our little party, and if she doesn't, then there will be no harm in it. But i'll go and have a chat with the new guy, he seams a tad over dressed and over armed for this place." Standing up and calmly walking past everyone, even the lady at the bar that was Lil't's job, he stood at the bar next to the man. "You're a little over geared for a place like this, Which tells me to things, you are either an idiot that's bar hopping, or someone has sent you a job offer. I'm not threatening, just curious, because if it is a job offer, you may have help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 251
Age : 29
Location : Vandenburg AFB
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:13 pm

While the group in the back was having there discution and with Ashe and Line at there own places in the club a man walks in, He is Most definately overdresed for hte inviornment. Wearing a Tailored Suit, hinting twards designer origins. Black Shades and an earing in his Left ear. His hair has a silver shene to it and long enough to cover his ears but from his striking apearance he would seem ot be an Elf. a slight glint can be seen just behind his left ear when the light hits it just right making it aparent that he has either a data jack or Comlink Implant

He walks in and quickly scanns the room with an atitude that he realy dosnt see anyone in there but also give of a dangerous air that it would most definately not be wise to mess with him
he walks over to Ashe's Table and sits down

To Ashe
In a voice thats almost too perfect to be real you can only assume that this is not his real voice."Im glad to see that you made it here without incident Ashe. I Have a job that i would like you to work on however because i dont like to repeat myself, you see that group in the back. the one with the Troll, and two Humans? they will have the information on the job i owuld like you to work on. No however there is ssome information i would like you to give them as well, "Takasato", they should know what it is." With having sad that he gits up and starts to leave and then before she has a chance to respond he adds in "Oh do also pass them a message, I Know many things yet some are out of my grasp. i can only do so much but keeping tabs are not all that hard. As for the other two i have delt with them. If you would just be so kind as to tell them that then all should be well for you all" He begins to walk away and heads over to Line before any responce from the Woman can be made

To Line
He sits down infront of line and begins talking before any introductions can be made"Good you made it here Line, i trust the cab ride was uneventful?he grins wryly then continues before he can be interupted"I Called you here for a job obviously, no i dont like ot repeat myself expecialy for something that requires as much explaining as this dose so, you see the group in the back with teh Troll and two humans? he points to the back of teh room to T's table they can provide you wiht the explanation of the job as they are also on the same job i want you on. You should beable to help them fairly well after saying what he had to say he gets up and heads back out the door of the club.

For the group in the back

Driver you hapen to notice that when someone new entered into the club the noise in the club happened to drop slightly morethan it would if som regular jo just walked in, when you turn to glance at who walked in you see a familiar face. one that you saw only once at the restraunt, Its the face belonging to Watashi, atleast the face beloning to his Matrix persona
Kess ant T notice Driver glance at the newcomer in the club. when you see teh person who just entered you see the face of your Employer. All three of you watch him approach Ashe and the leave after talking with her then aproach Line and leave the club after talking with him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A Time for secrets   Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:45 pm

"I know you guys done seen what i Just seen" LT grins. "Guess there down with us". Though dumbfounded to see Watashi or what looked like him in here. He felt validated. Once again his wits had won out over his bad luck. He had accurately guessed his employers wishes, and felt as though he deserved a pat on the back. "Score one for my good judgment he said." Though in truth he could have gotten everybody fragged so he said no more. Silently waiting for the others to make there way to the back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:59 pm

From the Designer Suit guy: "Im glad to see that you made it here without incident Ashe."
Ashe nods at the comment, restraining a response, as he doesn't look like he is interested in her commentary. Ashe looks him in the eyes, taking a brief moment to open herself up to the Astral and peer at him, just to get a feel for who he is. She continues to listen carefully, allowing him to explain whatever he feels needs explaining. - I wonder if he is going to give me a keyword, or phrase, or some such that will let them know that I have been hired...? Ashe thinks to herself.
From the Designer Suit guy: "Know however there is some information I would like you to give them as well: "Takasato." They should know what it is." Ashe blinks slightly, hearing a nearly direct response to her thoughts. She is too schooled in facial control to allow her features to show any further mark of surprise. - Ok, that is seriously weird. When he is finished, Ashe picks up her drink, noting that it is nearing empty, and takes another sip.
From the Designer Suit guy: "Oh do also pass them a message: I Know many things yet some are out of my grasp. I can only do so much; but keeping tabs is not all that hard. As for the other two, I have dealt with them. If you would just be so kind as to tell them that then all should be well for you all"

Ashe swallows a little more quickly than she would have liked, given how much she had been enjoying this brand of Gin. She allows a smirk to spread across her face, showing the amusement she has at his chastisement. - It is, after all, not particularly difficult to "borrow" a feed from the omnipresent electronic recording devices that exist around. Even if he can't manage to hack mine, or the next guy's, it isn't difficult to hack the waiter's, or the guy at the next table, and then boost the feed to provide all the necessary information. At least one of those humans looks grizzled enough to have learned that lesson.
Ashe makes ready to get up and approach the table herself, noting that they did not look like they had arrived at an agreement just yet. As she puts away her PDA in her purse, she notices that the Designer Suit guy changes his direction, and instead of leaving goes over to the newly occupied booth to speak with the well dressed gentleman who entered earlier. Ashe stops herself from standing up, and chooses to remain seated for a moment. She takes the opportunity to watch the mannerisms of the newer gentleman as he interacts with Designer Suit guy. She also looks over to the table to get a feel for how they perceive Designer Suit guy. To supplement her information, she decides to get a look at how they are feeling at the moment as well, and opens herself to the Astral again. One brief peek, and she closes her Astral Sight, knowing that others could catch her peeking, if they are paying attention.

As Designer Suit guy gets up to leave, Ashe also gets up from her table. She leaves the remnants of her so-enjoyed drink there on the table to be taken care of by the bar's staff. She straightens her skirt on her legs, and casually strolls over to the table in the back. She smiles as she approaches.
"Gentlemen, it appears we have some things to discuss." She says, putting her free hand on a chair at the table. She notices that Little Tiamat has not taken his seat. "Would it be alright with you all if I took this seat here?" She says, looking down at the chair on which her hand now rested. She does, in fact, wait for a response.

Game Stuff:
Astral Perception Roll (to percieve Watashi, when he first joins Ashe at the table):

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2390513/

Perception Roll (Regular perception on Watashi and Line in the booth):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2390523/
Astral Perception Roll (looking at Watashi and Line in the booth; mostly interested in how Line is feeling during the discussion):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2390529/

Perception roll (Regular perception on the three at the back table, as Watashi and Line converse; mostly interested in seeing the group dynamic, and their reaction to Watashi, and to Line):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2390534/
Astral Perception Roll (On the three at the back table, as Watashi and Line converse; looking to get detailed information on how they are feeling during Watashi and Line's discussion):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2390538/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 pm

For his own part, Kesslan simply remains in his seat, eyes darting back and forth at all the rather notable activity that has been going on, but the man remains silent. His drink still largely untouched save for the rare sip here and there, a clear disinterest in any 'real' drinking, giving him more the air of being here for socialization or other activities. As Ashe approaches the table he cocks his head slightly to one side, his gaze looking over the woman. To Ashe's astral senses the effect is.. unusual to say the least. Because where Kesslan sits, on the astral plane, is not a man at all, but a rather large Jaguar, and notably the motions on the astral plane some how still manage to mesh up with the movements in the world of flesh and blood. "And what sort of things is it, you wish to discuss?" he asks at last, his tone soft and curious. His eyes, notably slitted like the feline he resembles upon the Astral narrowing slightly at her in suspicion.

Well, this is getting interesting...

He couldn't help but notice Watashi earlier, or at least his appearance. Kess wasn't about to take anything for face value where that guy was concerned. But he had agreed to work for him, and so he would. However he'd puzzle over the man's methods later. Right now he had some new and interesting creature before him, the only thing he had to figure out is if these new arrivals were actual 'friends' or foes to be wary of.


Last edited by Kesslan on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm

- Huh, he is willing to discuss, but I am not invited to sit. Interesting.
Ashe allows her eyes to slide back up from the chair, and meets the cat-like gaze of the seated man. "Pardon my brazen approach, but it appears as though I have just been hired. It is not my normal pattern, however, to accept a job without first having discussed compensation." Ashe pauses for effect. - Let them chew on that for a moment. She thinks to herself. - Although, in truth, it DOES annoy me that he didn't make the time for a compensatory discourse.

Ashe removes her hand from the chair, allowing it to drape by her side. Not allowing more than a few moments to pass, Ashe continues, using the silkiest voice she can muster.
"You see, that well dressed gentleman, who is apparently too important to even bother giving me his name, has just informed me that he has hired me to accompany you and your team on some sort of adventure. True to form, he also didn't have time to explain the adventure to me." She takes a breath, and seems to notice in that moment that her lips were dry. As she continues, she reaches down and unzips her purse to pull out a stick of red lipstick. The color is a perfect match for the color on her lips now.
Letting the breath out, Ashe continues. "The, as yet, nameless gentlemen bade me relay the following message to you:" Ashe rehearses the parting message left with her by Watashi.

"Oh do also pass them a message: I Know many things yet some are out of my grasp. I can only do so much; but keeping tabs is not all that hard. As for the other two, I have dealt with them. If you would just be so kind as to tell them that then all should be well for you all" Despite her obvious lack of cyberware, her voice is a reasonably good approximation of his.

She takes another breath, and goes on. "Further, he invited me to relay a keyword of sorts. He indicated that you would know what it meant. It was: 'Takasato.'" With that, she lazily twists the lipstick, and brings it up to her lips. She let's her gaze fall from the cat-like stare she was receiving from the seated gentleman, and re-applies the red lipstick to her lips. She twists the tube back into the plastic container, and puts the lid on, dropping it back in to her purse and zipping it closed behind. Ashe allows her now-free hand to drift across the empty chair that she had not yet been invited to sit in, and turns her lips inward to assure herself that there is even coverage of the color.
"So, you see gentlemen? It appears we have some things to discuss." Her eyes snap back up from the table, connecting instantly with the Jaguar.

Game Stuff:
Influence Roll: to hasten the decision of the group to allow her in on the promised compensation, and to share their story, in it's fullest detail.
Roll: Influence 4 + Charisma 7

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2392518/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Line
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 52
Age : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 pm

While he didn't make a display of slugging back his drink, he did do so, leaving nothing but small ice cubes in the bottom of the glass, and rose to calmly approach the table that from the looks of things, was seeing its fair share of attention. The glass was left behind.

Once he reached the vicinity of the table, it seemed rather obvious that the.. Cat? Leopard? was the one that would seem to be the de-facto leader, with the troll being second, making him and the elf runners-up. Primarily, his attention was on the Cat, though he did give a businessman's bow to the group as a whole. <"Pardon me, I am Jack."> Straightening, he continued, looking for signs of recognition with the group. <"Do you understand Japanese?">

His accent seemed genuine, though he certainly was not of the typical ethnicity. So too, were his eyes behind the frames of the glasses. His bearing was typically respectful of an unknown party, though beyond that, he seemed to be waiting to be recognized.

((Edit: Japanese being spoken in brackets))


Last edited by Line on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Kesslan grows slightly more suspicious as yet another approaches. He doesn't trust, but that doesn't mean he cant work with the others. Besides, it was true that they needed the extra help, one way or another, and it's not like he's really gotten to know Driver or Lil'T any more than the rest. All the added attention left him feeling a little.. on edge however. Despite all the flash of liking fancy, customized bikes and guns, he was a fairly private individual. At the same time on a certain level he enjoyed the attention, as it offered ways to.. socialize with.. people. Get to try and understand metahumanity better. He did not however, hold much if any of the same ideals that most would think of, but then he wasn't human despite his appearance at the moment. He regards Ashe silently for a few moments, mildly surprised at her ability to mimic the voice of their patron, but he's got too little grasp of cybernetics, or even metahuman magic to really get the grasp of how such a thing is accomplished. He did however, simply accept that such was an apparent ability of Ashe's.

Notably however, he still doesn't offer her the seat, though if it's an intentional slight, his body language at least, doesn't seem to show it. But that's what happens when one is dealing with a species that has little understanding or true value for metahuman social rules. Indeed, he seems almost entirely oblivious to the matter in question.

With all the questions laid out, he simply addresses them in order, more or less. "If it's compensation your concerned about, I suggest you speak to our employer about that. I'm not about to second guess what ever arrangements he may have made. And I certainly am not about to assume to know what he's willing to offer you." a pause then as he considers this mention of 'Takasato' and in the end simply shrugs "As to this thing he said we'd know what it means, I must say, it's the first i've ever heard mention of. So.. no. I don't know what he means, though I could guess it to be anything from a place to a person to a program or thing or.. who knows?" He offers a slight shrug. "It's Japanese though so considering where he's wanting us to go... I'd narrow it down to being a place, or a person. Not likely to be both I'd think."

(OOC: I'll adress Line's question when he provides an actual English translation of what ever he said. My character understands Japaense, but that doesn't mean I, the player, do.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1139
Age : 32
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Ignoring the fact that the two strangers had just walked by without so much as acknowledging him, he calm spun on his heel and took an empty chair from an unused table, holding it behind the lady as he slid the empty one away from in front of her, "Rule number 7: politeness goes farther than a sniper round." With a slight turn of his wrist the un-presented chair was swung over to the other stranger, the other overly dressed man in this place. Too many tuxes are going to bring in the wrong ears.

His thoughts best left to himself, he decidedly took the initiative. [[my character knows japanese, but i can't find a damn translator anywhere.]] Hiding any show of embarrasment from ill practice of things that he should have known. "Rule number 1: No names. Mr. Watashi was kind enough to assign us code names at our first meeting, if you want to use your real names that is of course, up to you. Our first speaker is correct about compensation of things of that sort, if you have any questions ask Mr. Watashi if he hasn't already made arrangements. I'll give you the brief overview of our mission, we are to find a man, and tomorrrow we steal an international plane."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:16 am

(OOC) Post Edited
Before Ashe takes the offered seat, she gives a bow of respect to the newcomer to the table, the seated member of the group, as well as the returning member of the group. With a smile of thanks to the gentleman holding a chair for her, she takes the offered seat, and shifts her weight to help him push the chair in to the table. "I like this rule. It is one that I follow myself." She says, following his statement of "Rule Number 7" "I am sorry, but I do not speak Japanese." She says, looking at the newcomer. "But, I am more than happy to have that be my next language." - I might as well learn Japanese... It's a good language. Or maybe Spanish. Maybe Portugese... She loses her self for a moment to the thought of new languages. Languages are always useful.
Ashe listens politely as he gives his brief description of the situation. "I like this rule as well, mostly. Very well, no names. What is it that I should be calling you then?" She allows her eyes to make contact with each member of the table, including the newest. "And, for that matter, what would you all like to call me?"

Ashe settles in to her seat slightly, enjoying the thrill of a new run, a new group, a new adventure. They are always dangerous, and always exciting! Sometimes more the former than latter, but she had survived thus far, and enjoyed the ride despite the scars.

Once they had all introduced themselves, Ashe looks to {Phantom}. "Thank you for letting me know about the compensation issue. I will attempt to get back in touch with, Watashi was it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 am

T slapped his hand on his face when driver mentions the names they were given (he'd only done five runs taking jobs offer, instead of school). He felt like such a young noob. Now what was his name oh yeah Nathaniel never got a last name though he thought he asked for one no matter. The man speaking Japanese. puzzled him he did not get anything off of his astral scan of the man. So he moved on. and said in Japanese "nii san (or big brother i think) (spelled wrong but gives same effect) i speak Japanese well some what. Ill keep you in the loop if you don't speak any English." "my name is Nathaniel."
LT let that last introduction sink in after getting weird stares from his original team mates who did not know he spoke Japanese. He shruggs "What Japanese guy at a mentor program for metahumen kids."

He looks at Ashe (English)"For this mission and probably the rest of my life if this guys work is as sharp as his appearance my name is Nathaniel." "He continues compensation? Check your accounts and or singular account. I'm sure that he left you both something. After all i never gave him my accounts and i got paid sorta." Then translates for Jack.

Then he closes his trap before his team mates get mad at him, and fires off a message to JOB.

Message begins:

Sir gotta new word and or name for you Takasato sounds like a family name from the far east, but if its a place or thing i need to know what surrounds it. scan me? things are getting weird sir but i think i can handle it oh send me a number on what i ow you from the last search and and this one that last job was premo great work as always sir. no discount ill pay your price no problem.

Message ends

Then he turns back to the conversation at hand and says "Well my guys gonna do another search gonna take a while before he gets anything on Takasato though." then he returns to silence but takes note of all the attention him and his friends have drawn damit he mentally cursed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:16 am

"Check my accounts?" - That is just too simple... He stole the Credstick to PAY me?!? Ashe gives a slight nod toward Lil'T in thanks for the information. - I guess I know what I am going to do as soon as this little get-together is done.

Ashe settles back in to her chair, having received somewhat of an answer to all of her questions. She then looks around the table, and follows through with a look around the bar. - It is a bit crowded here...
"I am becoming somewhat uncomfortable with the image we are leaving in this establishment. With the number of suits at this table, perhaps it would make sense to ask the Barkeep for use of the back room? We could continue the party without the rumormill being stimulated further." She makes to stand, but hesitates for some form of acknowledgement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:36 am

"Sorry" LT says "We are in the back room this both. I called the meeting here because i some what know the joint, and were all here for the same reasons. Work! These guys are all looking for work and weather that makes them more or less dangerous i don't know. When i called the meeting i said its a meta merc hangout, and we are in the barrens. So don't worry or don't show that you are worried just talk low k?"....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:59 am

Ashe brings her voice to an exaggerated low level. "Sure, I can keep my voice low..." She grins mischievously. She then looks around again, taking in her surroundings, again. "I guess I didn't realize that this IS the back room. In that case, carry on, gentlemen. If possible, now that I have a brief background, I need some detail around who we are after, why we are stealing a corporate jet, how we plan on doing it, what we think we need, etc.. There have to be some plans in the works, let's get up to speed on those."
She notes that this may be a time to let all know what she is good at.
"I guess now is as good a time as any to introduce my specialties. I am a well versed conjurer, and am more than capable of assisting in offense or defence with the use of spirits. My real specialty, however, is smoothing along any process that involves human contact. I have a knack for getting people to do what ever it is that I need from them. Once you all update me on your plans, as they stand, I will be more than happy to assist where needed, and to provide offensive and defensive backup at all times. Further, I will add in any strategic advice I can come up with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 am

LT translates What she says for Jack's sake Starts to open his mouth in response, but then looks at the original members of the team. Sits back and plays his part. Leaves the details to driver and kess as the more experienced runner's.... Be sides like he said in the message he's no leader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Line
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 52
Age : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Anyone that was able to pay very close attention to Jack could see his making minute movements, which would seem to be no more than the normal amount for a conversation, though in truth, he was filtering what they were saying through a translator that he had on his commlink. With the other man (T) providing a little assistance, he was able to follow the conversation adequately. While he was not skilled in the less than legal operation of the matrix, he was more than competent enough for personal use. From time to time, he would nod at others' statements, recognizing them. The offered chair had been taken with a nod of respect, and he sat now, resting his elbows on the edge of the table as people talked.

(.jp)<"My former training was for a security company."> No mention of detail, the others would notice, though some aspects of just what type of company would be visible in some mannerisms. <"I have adequate experience as magical support in small unit functions."> He did not for a moment thing that they were a group yet, but he figured that there would be another, more private meeting, and perhaps-- hopefully-- some team exercises to see how well they worked and where their holes were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 pm

"I'm sorry, would someone please translate that for me? It seems as though I am the only one at the table who does not speak Japanese." Ashe says, looking around at the rest of the table. - Sometimes, these things happen. It just makes things more interesting... She thinks to herself, remembering some of her past experiences working with groups with poor communication, or none.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:47 pm

As the conversation winds on, Kesslan reaches into a pocket of his jumpsuit and pulls out a small device which he places in the middle of the table before turning it on with a snap his of low level background static. It's soon obvious that he's turned on a white noise generator (R6) to foul up any attempts to eavesdrop on the conversation. "The basics are that he said he worked for a security company and has experience with magical support in small units." he responds to Ashe. A slight frown then as he mulls a few things over in his mind. Speaking up in Japanese he notes "It seems our employer is packing heavy on awakened support. Which is.. rather interesting." he pauses then and regards Ashe once more, returning to English speach "Considering that we will be going to Japan, I'd strongly suggest picking up some translation software in that case. If you were offered the same terms of payment we were, then I doubt that affording the best available will be an issue."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:58 pm

"Thank you, I will do that." She says. - I guess I will be buying a translator for my commlink. That works nearly as well as learning the language myself, I guess...
She looks back to the two at the table who seem to be leading the discussion. "Ok, I guess I have the basics down now. Can you fill me in on the specifics? Like I mentioned before; plans and purposes, as far as they have been developed, for everything?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:42 pm

"Well..." Kess says softly "Right now I think we were mostly considering where to start looking once we get to Japan, and more importantly, how the frag to get there with all our gear and make sure none of us get nabbed by customs or the like. I'm still not certain what, if anything has been arranged, though I've been wondering if it wouldn't be better to just hire a proper smuggler to run us in. That way we can avoid most... potential legal entanglements. Japan is not.. exactly known to be welcoming to people like me regardless of what identity may say. Then again, that could probably be said of most countries I've so far visited or heard of."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down
 
A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: