Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am

The young elf girl plowed her way through the specters of LT’s troubled past with that same metallic taped up curtain rod she had used as a make shift staff in life. The darkness could not hold her, though they tried to crowd her in. She beat them back in what looked like an attempt to make it to his position “Are you going to help her or not!?! You look as though you see a ghost Troll…” The dragon smiled once more feeling the emotional tug from LT who by now was making just as much headway towards the light as it was making towards him…

Finally he made it too her. A trail of broken battered past tense behind him… Elisa still bathed in a that mystical warm light, that seemed some how to make him feel better, stronger… She hugged him tight embracing the part of his torso she could hold with her outstretched arms! “Big Bear I missed you!!!" She screamed happily! LT put a big arm around her forgetting he was in a dream again. In spite of the fact that he was surrounded with his own bad luck stricken past, dead friends, and a dragon which in turn had rolled its reptilian eyes at the site of the reunion? It was short lived the enemies the dragon did not swallow or chew, were getting back up now! "What do you say big bear for old times?" She said gesturing to the bad guys… LT smiled a genuine smile, and turned his back to her, she did the same smiled and turned her back up against him, loosing what looked to be a magic bolt as she spun… Again the dragon rolled its eyes and swallowed another hooded poly clubber (who screamed).

After the fight, and the dragons clean up meal… LT followed Elisa and her, partner to there hideout, a small cave nestled in an ally close to the cave wall.

Elisa stacked some wood for a fire but could not light it without assistance “Little help here.” she said aloud. And the dragon coughed out the word "cough Loser cough!" as It feigned sickness… The wood still lit. LT had a sour confused look on his face. Though she did not look at him, Elisa responded to it. “I can tell what your thinking, Big Bear. You know I could always read you… How bout we help you figure out what your thinking” she smiled “I’m sssure he could use the help...” Rage hissed mocking the troll yet again. “Rage! He needs us!” Elisa snapped at the dragon. Who in turn put its head on its overlapped hands before it, as it laid down lazily for a nap…

"As already you may have guessed I’m not Elisa…” She looked LT deep in the eyes “She died some time ago remember... You could not save her from the poly club people… I am Love and that, that’s Rage” She pointed back behind her to the dragon, who in turn raised an eyebrow and pointed one talon LT’s way… “Charmed I’m sure” the dragon mocked again “Rage!” Love spat. “Be nice we need him too" "Need me?" LT asked. Unsure of what she meant. She reiterated taking the big troll by his hand to sit near the fire. “You see, your not you, but you are your consciousness. You make this whole damn play work, without you choosing, we got nothing… Ya follow now… Big Bear” LT unsteadily answered the question “Yous is Love… And hims is rage… huh? Am uh am I still dreaming, and yous is my psych right (id) or something right…?” Love in the form of Elisa began to jump up and down, as joyful as she was in life… “He got it! He got it!!” She screamed and clapped her hands… LT who was keeping his eye on the dragon saw its enthusiasm. It did not bother to open its eyes or raise its head, but it twirled a talon in the air and hissed “yaaay” lazily. “He can be taught, I’m so proud to represent a part of him now. Whoopee…! Indeed…” “What’s your problem Scales!” LT tired of being mocked by he who tormented him his whole life (and only seemed to get stronger)…! Love put Gentle a hand on LT’s shoulder “Big Bear don’t...” “Don’t whats by all accounts he’s a pain in my slot!” he spat out. “No” She said “Don’t give in to rage, he doesn’t want “Pain” to win anymore then you and me…" It seemed to LT that she would begin to cry, if he kept it up, and that look had always been able to disarm him. He sat down next to the fire again… And asked "Whos is pain…?"

((OOC: Im having great fun on this there is of course more trying to pan out like))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:47 pm

The trio sat in the cool cave by the warmth of the Fire, and spoke of things LT did not even know, he knew. Elisa apologized for disappearing on LT so long ago, but she assured him she had always been with him. And he knew that to be true. For he had never forgotten her, but he admitted to pushing her off to the side as her memory was two painful for him at such a tender age. That and he’d promised to survive if they ever got split… “You’ve done a good so far Big bear, but we’re here to help now, so don’t you worry!” She again put a reassuring hand on the young troll’s shoulder firmly… “Ok” LT grunted finally. “Who’s this pain been running a muck in my head.” He asked again… “Well you should know we tried to deal with pain way back when, but as things got harder for you getting older well wisdom said we should let you deal with it best you could. before we got this far none of us believed more then him…” “Him” LT asked a concerned look on his face. “I… am wisdom." LT looked up past the fire to the silhouette of an older man in some kind of military style khakis and what looked like a combat vest… LT smiled it was Job!

Elisa hugged Job/wisdom intently “Where have you been!” She scolded. “Looking for pains lair.” He said, and he sat down across the fire from LT. “How ya been boy” “Hmph not good sir.” “Ah yes pain, been working on that, but we’re gonna need you on this one boy” LT frowned… "So I figures but whos is this pain…?" Job stared into the fire as he spoke, to LT’s surprise as he spoke the fire began to take shape, and form. He could see images forming to match Job’s words “Well now pain is the oldest of us all really… You see rage over there…?” He pointed at the dragon fast asleep or so it seemed… “Yeah We’ve met.” Job put a hand up to stop LT from ranting about the dreams he’d been having since he was a child, the dreams that were getting worse all the time… “Well Rage has been working over time trying to keep your head together, from all the damage Pain has been doing to you…” As Job spoke LT saw various dreams he’d had growing up, in the flames… “Your special kid, not like anything you understand thus far…” “You mean my rage is defending me really…?” LT grunted sarcastically… “That’s exactly what I mean. Rage used to work for pain. But I convinced him it would be in all our best interest to play for me… And he led me to love, pain had her nice and chained up in some of the darkest reassesses of your noggin, things I did not want to see kid” “And we’ve made ssso much progress sssince then…” The dragon hissed teasingly. LT bit his lip, again Job held up a hand to calm him. “Now, now LT you have not really been making the job easier on him… Running off half cocked into the jungle to jump from a peak, sounds like you wanted to get rid of us all… Now I know I taught you better then that.” “Did yous sees whats he did to my team!?! he” “Did you?!” Job cut him off immediately casting a sharp stare at LT. A look that displayed all the wisdom LT had known the old soldier/spy to have “Well…” LT thought for a second he’d woken up before he could actually see any of his team harmed at the ritual site… “But” LT said confusion painted on his face. “Pain and Rage have the same shape in here… Rage went to save the new apparitions. Told him to bring you back too, but he complained bout how you were so scared and weak… he’d just as soon send you back before pain could get his claws on you… Lucky for you pain sent regret to meet you this time… Rage feeds off things like regret so it was fun for him to go get his fill… We’re all working towards the same goal here kid. Love said you work better with others you’ve been in combat with so before I left I found out regret was gonna meet you when they drugged you… I knew we’d never have a better chance then now to get this out the way…”

Job pointed at the fire… A roar emerged from it as LT stared intently into it. He saw the mob from earlier “They all my regrets…?” he asked “Not really, some of its Malice Jealousy, Hate” Job corrected. "But dealing with pain has been your biggest problem what you do with things that hurt you, and those things are mostly not bigger and tougher then you. Your to physical my friend. Their illusive that’s how they get under that thick skin o yurs… Think about it… You wanted to know who pain is boy, but what you should be asking is what pain is… Because you already know. Think back what was the cause of your first real pain…"

((OOC: i gotta go do stuff but ill edit the voice color later k ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am

LT stared into the Fire as Job’s hypnotic voice took him back… Back past the childhood he remembered so well blocked memories that he’d long since buried. As do all children, He was a second generation troll he had been born that way. Both parents it was assumed were trolls… He saw a brief picture of what that looked like. It appeared to be his father and mother holding him, though the male trolls mouth only displayed a smile, he could hear what he thought the male was saying “I have to go it will not be safe for you two, if I stay…” Then he heard Job in the background, as the child screamed “We gotta go!” he said… But the male troll stole one more moment patted his only son on the head a few times saying “Little Tia-met my special little boy, take good care of your mother, and be brave…” A kiss placed between the bumps that would become his horns. LT touched his own forehead and patted his corn rowed hair due. Job spoke once more “I’ll get them to safety I have friends in the barrens, it will be hard, but he will live! I swear to it… Now come we have to go now!” The child screamed and the mother smiled “Shhhh" she said “Shhhh” a Vehicle door shut encasing the mother and her new born… and ending the memory in the flames…

Tears rimmed his eyes and LT felt warm inside, felt arms holding him, where Elisa had wrapped her scrawny and delicate elf arms on his left shoulder, and hugged him intently… “The loss of my parents” he said finally “That’s my first pain, I felt abandon…” “Like they did not want you…” Job stated more then asked. "Dumping you off at my door step never happened LT…” “Why?" LT asked as if it all depended on the answer received, “If they loved me like the fire said they did, then why abandon me…?” “Well Son” Job said “He probably thought It was safest for you with me boy… And he’d be damn proud oh you for coming this far on yer own… That much is clear. Your as stubborn as your mother, but as cool as your dad, and don’t you forget the fact that they loved you every bit, and more then that damn flame could tell or show…” “Hey!” The Dragon behind LT protested at Wisdom's degrading comment about his mystical flames… “Sorry” wisdom patted the air in front of him… LT nodded understanding the lesson even a troll of his intelligence could not miss it… Not this time…

As he understood jobs words LT rows up standing to his feet and wiped his dewy eyes… “They did love me didn’t they?” He stated more then asked… Then something started to happen! The light in the cave grew ten fold, but not from the flames it grew and expanded out from Elisa! The apparition of love, LT looked at her some masseur of fear in his eyes… “Big bear don’t be afraid… You’re taking the first steps, hold on to this feeling…" Wisdom walked up to love “Its time for you to go ahead, and wait for us darling…” Elisa looked up to job her sharp Elven features displaying understanding, and conviction. She saluted their leader in the style most common in the military… And then she ran, and hugged rage on his big nose…! “Hmph!” He blew her hair back with his hap hazard reaction. “I’ll miss you rage thank you for rescuing me from that terrible place, I was chained… You’re the best” And she kissed him on the nose… Then moved to LT smiling as she heard the dragon… speak behind her. “Yes, Yes” it shooed her away “Do be off with you. You have better things to do then nauseate me don’t you? I suppose you will be missed my opposite if for no other reason then that…” She patted LT on the shoulder “Gotta go big bear but its less like good bye! And more like see you later…” “Where you going Simple?” (LT’s pet name for her that he’d long since forgotten for Elisa was easy to please…) She smiled at the mention of her name, and became almost unbearable to perceive so bright, but he did catch her wink her eye as she exclaimed “LT I AM YOUR HEART, YOUR PASSION, YOUR LOVE, AND YOUR RESPITE. ONCE SEPARATED FROM YOU BY PAIN, I GO NOW TO DISARM HIM IN YOUR NAME… TAKE HEART LITTLE-TIAMET, THOUGH YOUR TRIALS ARE AT THEIR DAWN, WHILE THE WORLD AROUND YOU IS BLACK AS NIGHT. YOUR HEART SHALL SHINE ALL THE STRONGER NOW… YOUR ABILITY TO REST HAS BEEN RESTORED…PAIN WILL TROUBLE YOU WERE THIS IS CONCERNED, NO MORE… I OFFER YOU THIS BIT OF ADVICE...” She paused and looked somewhere else in the cave then back to LT. “DO NOT ONLY LOOK TO YOUR BIRTH WRITE AS YOUR ONLY MEANS OF STRENGTH, I AM JUST AS STRONG.” As she spoke she faded from view her body taking the form of the embers floating away from the fire in the breeze of his thought patterns…

“O..K…” Rage slithered up behind LT “Now that the nicesss business isss over let’s get to it shall we?” His hot breath some how feeling dry at the words… LT Turned to face rage conviction in his eyes, and nodded his approval of that plan of action… “OOOOh!” The dragon cooed. “So much stronger now are we…?" He teased. “Well It’s not over but if your ready maybe you can be put to good use… Finally." he looked to Job “Whats dos you think, am I ready...? To do what now?” the troll scratching his head asked both questions in succession, a confused look on his face, now staring back at the dragon. Job smiled this was the LT he knew. Ready to go, but not sure why or where to point his anger… That needed to change. Job went over the things, He wanted LT to do, chief among them was, play it cool, and earn back the trust he assumed was lost work on the mission… but he also explained that LT now that he could rest like everyone else, he would now have to find his way back to them… On his own… It would not be easy to consciously summon such apparitions pain would meet him at the start, and try to arrest him immediately, if he could. But if he did he was promised access to his birth write... LT himself was starting to fade from view “Time to go back kid” he said to the eager young troll "Remember what we’ve said its important got it…" “Yeah but what’s my birth right? I at lest need to know where to look right?” Job smiled “You’ll do fine Just don’t get mad get even… Rage will be waiting for your signal to strike… Good luck kid” Job Saluted LT, and the young troll standing at ease did likewise… and as that world faded LT woke up…

((OOC: I put it up for those who just had to read it lol Iv gotta go but ill finish the color coding later gotta go get my kids))

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:27 am

After several minutes of work, going as fast and perfectly as possible with what needed to be done. Fast for the purpose that she needed to get what she could do done soon so the island as some measure of extra defense, albeit passive in nature, it would be something to help out the group more than the current situation. she realized that she had neglected to get back to Eleanor on her question.

Sorry Hun, i got caught up in my work and nearly forgot to reply to your question. as for the type of AR/VR interface i like, i have no real preference, just as long as it remains simple to use but extremely confusing to figure out if you don't know it. Like the security encryption VR space being a forest, and the trees that the cameras and sensors are located on in the VR being a tree that doesn't quite fit the rest of the species their and further marked by a torn branch, showing on the trunk. what do you think?

For as many years as She had been around and having worked on security systems she had always tried to program the matrix security to resemble something like that, and it had never occurred to her that although this might seem like a "simple encryption" to her, it very well could be highly difficult for one who doesn't share her nature. Just like the concept of money, she never fully grasped some of the circumstances that most metahumans lived in, and her being an animal by nature she would likely never come to understand completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

"Erm... Sure, I can do trees. I could do shapes too. Or metahumans. You could have a cityscape instead of a landscape. I can make it so that the landscape is non-fixed, and changes randomly; even on random times. It could be a 3-dimensional, like your under-water, or birds that fly. Though, underwater is probably a better description - where interactions with plans and animals are non-planar. And again, I could make it non-fixed." Eleanor responded, filling in on some of the details Alexia had begun to consider.
"The biggest limitation in a VR build is what your imagination is capable of producing. Most builds are planar, as humans think in terms of landscaping, which is basically non-flat 2-dimensional structures. But there's not actually any requirement that a VR build be created on a plane, or even with a discernible "up" or "down". It helps, since taking those experiences out of the coding tends to increase the likelihood of vertigo, but it's certainly not required.
"Also, even if you want a feel for "up" and "down" we can still do the coding in a non-planar manner. Our eventual construct could be entirely 3-d, but with an "up" and "down" added. So, like birds: they can move in perfect 3-d, but there is definitely a "down" in their frame of reference."
Eleanor added, elaborating a bit on what she meant.
"Also, when it comes to the form of the objects in the world: they may also be anything you need. We could do trees, with animals and flowers and stuff. We could do city-scape builds, with buildings, and streets, and metahumans and street-objects. I once saw a really strange build which was theoretically modelled after some strange really old game. The whole world was based on candies. Even the mobiles and ICE. It was one of the funkiest things I have seen. And the coding forced most things to be primary colors too, and white. With lots of stripes, and an overabundance of white and red.
"So, basically, anything is possible. It really depends on what you want."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:46 pm

Specter sat and concentrated. Her absence had destabilized the mana weave. But it had not disrupted. That, at least, was something. Breath in... hold... breath out. Breath in... hold... breath out. Concentrate on the breathing. Let your body relax. If your body relaxes, it doesn't put up resistance. If your body doesn't resist, the mana flows easier. Breath in... hold... breath out. The shamaness guided herself through the meditative technique. She imagined the mana in the air. And as she breathed in, she also inhaled the bright mana. It came in waves, entering her body through the crone of her head, washing down her spine into her stomach. Swirling in a pool around her belly button. She could feel the pulse. Her mind and body, her aura, gave the mana structure. And with her breathing she let it out into the room, where it floated, swirled, and weaved into the astral construct of her lair.

”Comfy cave. A little on the small side. But that suits you fine.” Specters eyes opened in surprise. The rumbling voice was so very familiar. When she looked around though, the old shelves were gone. Instead of an old improvised headquarter, the young elf woman was sitting in a small cave of some red stone. Rubies glimmered here and there. And opposite to her, Dragon sat, grinning.

Given the facial structure of a dragon, it should not be easy for a human to make out the emotional state. But Specter knew he was grinning. “Yes, it is comfy.” The walls of the cave seemed to seep warmth. ”But for a real lair, you should also have a hoard.”

Specter nodded. “Of course. And I have my little precious things. I know it's not much but they are easily transportable. For cases like these. And it has already quite a worth.”

The dragon chuckled. It sounded like an old army truck running on moonshine booze. “But a real hoard has to grow. And you have not aquired anything new in months. You don't only have to protect what is yours. You also have to enrich yourself. Both material and spiritual.” A big, yellow eye winked. ”So keep your eyes open for a nice addition. Maybe something maritime."He seemed to wait for something. Then he roared: "Oy! I said Open!”

With a gasp, the elf girls eyes flew open. She was still kneeling in her lair. The mana weaved and wavered around her, gaining stability.
She looked around, taking in the arrangement of her possessions.
Dragon was right. Something maritime might complete the pattern. And to think he paid her a visit just to tell me. I'm a lucky girl.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Mid afternoon comes and goes in a day which seems to turn out to be, well, for lack of a better term, "sleepy" in it's plainness. Kesslan's Interrogation had ended that morning, and the blood curdling screams which the unfortunate fellow had been emitting were at an end. For now, at least. Kesslan had made a decision as to whether to let the fellow live or not, and had not bothered to share that decision with the team yet. No one really wanted to know either, so it was just as well. Well, no one except Viking, who assumed that he would do the job of removing the memory of this location from the unfortunate fellow's head, if the decision to allow him to live had been passed along.
Alexia and the "techies" had spent the afternoon setting up the island's physical security. Or, at least, the first level of it: the surveilance. Alexia had enjoyed the varied degree of toys that the group had already had available, though she had made an impressive shopping list of further needs, once the surveilance had been completed. Automated Drone charging stations, a central AI for controlling and managing the data that the Drones fed it, Claymores, a central system for controlling the claymores, Lynx and Dalmations for the open areas, and a hive for a Swarm Biodrone as well as a few warforms. The list goes on, and gets to be quite expensive. Obviously, the team has to decide what level of actual security is required, keeping in mind of course that they had already been attacked once.
LT spent the afternoon sleeping -a reverse of the previous day- with Ashe watching over him. Now that Ashe was up and about, she was gradually re-inserting herself in to the daily goings-on of the team, though she was clearly making an effort to keep her involvement remote, as her physical capacity was still limited by what the Heal had not been able to reach. Understandably; it is not always possible, and even still quite difficult, to snatch someone from the literal brink of death and drag them back. Death does not like to lose it's soon-to-be-denizens, and fights for them. Viking was lucky to escape with merely a severe headache for the attempt; gone now.
The magical security of the island, like the physical security, was starting to shape up. Already it had proven it's worth to some degree, though Ashe, Alexia, and Darkon all agreed that there would need to be further precautions, as well as some fail-safes involved even in that. The team wouldn't always be around to defend this land, and there needed to be magical defense in place, like physical defense, to at least deter anything less than determined. Perhaps even up to the "professional" level.

The sun started to drop in the sky, and the group was winding up their activities for the day. The air was losing temperature, though not quickly yet. The birds were not singing quite so loudly, and the insects were starting to retreat to their nightly caves to wait out the return of light. Bats and swallows were starting their evening rounds, attacking the retreating insects in the waning light, and Ashe and Kesslan were lighting a fire. There was little danger of being spotted by another person on the Island; as far as the group knew, they were the only metahuman denizens at the time. And there was good reason to trust that that was so, at the moment. Kesslan did take the slight extra step of hiding a sea-view of the fire with a tent. Effectively placed a good 10 paces from the fire, but completely blocking the fire from the water.
"I wonder if Driver, Sam and Greifer will be able to repair the boat to a useable form... What do you think?" Ashe asked Kesslan, idly, as they fed the slowly improving fire. There was little to occupy their minds at the moment; LT was close at hand, and the rest of the group would likely filter in before full-dark had come.

Alexia:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Gala wrote:

Alexia:

Memory Test Logic + willpower (7d6.hits(5)=2)
something bugged Alexia about the message. this just wasn't right, something was off and she couldn't placer her finger on it. who would target the crew? well, she had some ideas but she needed more information, and as to what they were after. but something screamed out that this was connected to her current job. It was a logical explanation, and seeing as how someone knew she was going to be joining up with this group and intercepted her before she got here. Things just didn't add up like they needed to. Information was lacking

Re: [SENDER]

Tell me, i need to know as much information as you can give me to try and help you. if we can meet in person that would be best, but i'm not in Seattle right now and have no ETA on when i will be back. however if you need to see me look to the land when the sun rises, and the kitsune will show you the way. it is then when you should contact me and we can meet in person to discuss the situation. until then walk in the shadows love.

all she could do was sit and wait for a response, saying that they will come to meet her so they could talk face to face or over secure channels. wither way, she needed information, and she didnt trust the rest of the group enough to let them know what might be going on, if she was right however and their was a connection, ... well that bridge will be crossed if it were to come to it.

((will add more later, but needed to get something up Smile ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:07 am

Alexia
As soon as you hit send, a message pops up in the "reply" section of your messaging app stating that this number is either no longer in service, or has been disconnected. You've seen the message hundreds of times through the years, since most of your regular contacts use Burner 'Links most of the time. Each time they switch phones, the old one sends this when you reach out to it.
It takes you a few moments to work through your memory banks, but eventually you recall the guy. This number (or one very similar to it; and you're pretty sure it was this one) belonged to a particularly bright Dwarf you worked with a few times over the years. Of course, as you recall your impressions of him, you are forced to admit the pun in your wording... You called him a "bright" dwarf, and if you remember correctly, his street name was "Bright Light". You can't recall his legal name at the moment, but you're sure it will come to you as you figure out why this voicemail was sent. OOC: Yes, it was a voicemail. I messed it up yesterday when I noted it as a message.
"Umm... Alexia." Eleanor's voice intrudes on your thoughts.
"Let me know if you have your subvocal mic on; I think we should discuss this message you just got." She finishes.

The Fire
The fire grows to a comfortable camp fire, large enough that it gives off an unnecessary amount of heat. Somehow, though, the heat, light, and flames themselves are comforting. After the show they had all been given 2 nights prior, the small camp fire immediately reminds the group of the pyrotechnics show that Eleanor had managed to put together. And of the strange, but strangely exciting ritual they had all been a part of.
Ashe was settled in to a chair near the flames, smiling warmly at the fire. LT was snoring right directly behind her, intermingling his sleeping noises with the popping and hissing of the flames as they consumed the semi-dry island wood.
The group started to coalesce around the flames, enjoying the feel of comfort and comeraderie which a camp fire like this always elicited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 am

"So What did you learn from the hostage?" Viking started a conversation with Kesslan.
He had not much luck himself, but Kesslan seemed like someone who could torture anything out of some one, at least he had no problems with the former one. And it was still better then to remember the events with LT. That was something Viking did not like, one of their own starting to go nuts, or at least on the verge to do so. Still LT had sounded so convinced about the foul-play of magic, could it still be on him, a curse like his own? No Viking will not erase these memories from his mind for some time. LT is part of his team, and as such he is entitled to any help he can give.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Specter slumped down next to Viking. "Good question. Any news?" She seemed in a happy mood, almost giddy. The elf girl got rid of her boots and stretched her long, well shaped legs which were covered by tight trousers. The work for today is done, now I can finally relax. She had a big cup of soycaff in her hand. And on her comlink she played some music set in the background, so it wouldn't impair her following the conversations.

"Eleonore, do we have any diving gear?" She asked both aloud and on the group channel. "I might want to go diving sometime the next few days." She smiled and drank the hot beverage. Oh this is life.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Holder spot for interrogation:
Interrogation Roll: 6 Hits

In response to Viking's question Kesslan let out something that sounded like a cross between a sigh and a growl. "Nothing too useful. The team that hit us doesn't really know anything though apparently there is some other team hitting Aztechnology over something and it seems related to us though how I have no idea. I'm thinking there's more than just two players in this game at this point but they were on to us before we ever left north america so who ever is behind it has some serious assets. Could even be the Azzies for all I know, though it's unusual for them to operate in Japan." he frowned "Still, if you can it's best to juts wipe his memory and we'll find some place to dump him off soon as we get his leg wound patched up so he doesn't bleed to death. Leave a few basic details though, I want them to know we wiped them out and that I did keep my word to let him live. It's important that, folk knowing you keep your word. They come to expect it then and it makes it easier to deal with them in the future."

Response to Ashe at the fire:
Kesslan considers things a few moments before finally giving a slight shrug from where he was seated, resting up against a log and cleaning one of his pistols with special care to any slight smudge or blemish. "Maybe, it's pretty shot up though so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a total write off. If they can fix it though, I'm sure it will come in handy one way or another." he carefully scraped away a little bit of carbon from the weapon before following up with another application of polish. He didn't know too much about guns or repairing them or even cleaning them for that matter, not the insides anyway but what he didn't see or know about, he didn't obsess over in his downtime. "I suppose worst case we can try and sell it for scrap or something."

Last edited by Kesslan on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 am

kesslan:

"Hmm. Yeah. And fried, too." Ashe mused with a slight grin on her face. She didn't imagine the engines had fared well against her repeated lightning bolts either.
"Bullet holes and electrical damage. That's a tall order, even for the three hard-core gear heads we have here..." She smiled more fully now, glancing Driver's direction.
"Hey. I'm not a gear-head; I'm a driver. The mechanics are, shall we say, a hazard of the job?" He rejoined smoothly. He had changed out of the oil-stained heavy cargo gear that he and the others had been using to do their repair work. He was now wearing his more customary clothing, albeit a more informal version. He was wearing a matching pair of slacks and vest: black pinstriped, over a dark crimson shirt. To support the "informal" feel, he had forgone the tie, and was not wearing the jacket. His shoes, again supporting his "informal" look, were light brown, and polished so carefully he could likely shave in the reflection.
"Hmmm... I suppose that's one way of looking at it." Ashe teased back.
"It's on order, but we haven't been back to the docks to pick up our latest shipment. I'm not sure if you've noticed, since she does clean up admirably well, but Ashe has been wearing exactly the same clothing since you've arrived. That there are no wrinkles, nor any remnants of the blood stains, has to be some sort of magical something that she does to support her appearance. Either way, there is a fairly long list of gear waiting for us to pick up, not the least of which is new clothes for Ashe, Kesslan, and LT." Eleanor responds to Specter on the group channel.
"Well," Ashe responds immediately. She reached down unconsciously to smooth her skirt over her legs, re-crossing them in the same motion. On reconsideration, her clothes were, in fact, entirely wrinkle free and there was no trace of bullet holes or blood. No one had commented on this previously, and likely no one had noticed. But considering that she was shot in that shirt, and had slept in it for two days, it was definitely surprising now that it was pointed out.
"A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. And I haven't had much choice but to make these look as good as I can... Considering I only have combat fatigues as an alternative..." Ashe finished. Clearly she preferred these to the combat fatigues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Specter smiled. "Thanks Eleonore." She looked at Ashe. "Must be some useful spell to keep your stuff clean." She giggled. "I haven't learned that one yet." The still relatively young elf girls face showed that she admired Ashes elegance. I'm lucky I have brought enough clothes to change regulary.

"About the boat, maybe we can make it into a sailing boat? Or we clean it from oil and stuff and sink it near the beach. That way scuba diving guests have something to explore. A pirate boat." She had seen that in a trid once.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:42 am

"Yeah, it's a good one. Keeps me looking tip-top. It's a standard for "Image Consultants" with "Up and Up" clients. They use it to make certain that their people have no wrinkles just before their photo's; their hair is just right, their make-up isn't smidged, etc. It's quite a useful spell, when image is important. I just picked it up along the way." Ashe responded to Specter, nodding. Indeed, for her it had quickly become one of her most useful spells. It didn't keep her alive, in the traditional way, nor did it kill others. But it had frequently helped her stay out of situations where getting dead was a potential outcome. After all, Ashe was just as allergic to Lead as the next girl.

"Huh... A sunken wreck... That's a really interesting idea! I mean, it's a little modern for the traditional wreck idea, but we could probably strip some of the armor off. I'm not sure what else we could do to it, easilly, to authenticate that story, but it's certainly worth consideration!" Ashe said, smiling pleasantly. The fire had begun to do it's magic and soothed the group after a long day of literally manual labor.
"What are your thoughts Driver? Griefer? Sam? Any ideas on this would be helpful. Have you guys had a chance to at least look the wreck over?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Alexia nodded to herself from Eleanor response. clearly the AI had been listening into the com chatter of the entire group which was no surprise really with how much the group relied on the AI. Alexia felt that the topic was sensitive enough she didn't want any chance of anyone overhearing her so she pulled out her network of trodes and applied them to her head then plugged them into the comlink and putting on the AR Gloves. atleast this way it was as direct a conection as she could get without having the implants. Implants she would never git as they only impeded her abilities.

She leaned against a tree and stat down letting herself go into the Virtual Realm. The matrix came up around her and she saw the landscape of the Home node for the first time, and the amount of detail in it was astounding to her. Her avatar, a mock resemblance of herself in her fox form was booted up at the same time. Alright Eleanor, I'm Here you wished to talk about the message?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm

"Yes. Thank you for taking the time. This seems to be rather urgent, and the source of this was quite strange." Eleanor stated. There was a pause; perhaps Eleanor was gathering her thoughts before continuing, or perhaps she was centering some of her windows to have the information directly at hand. Who knows... Flesh-bound metahumanity can never fully understand the way that an AI interacts with information. Similarly, Eleanor couldn't possibly fully comprehend the way that a flesh and blood creature interacts with the world. She gets to cheat a bit though, in that there are trideos to review for a feel.
"I was able to trace this back to the sender. Or, at least the sender's original com connection to the 'Trix. The thing is: He was here, in Neo-Tokyo. Interestingly, the network that he was connected to is a private network, and part of the security, thankfully, that this network had engaged at the time was a live-mapping of the active connections. It seems as though there were several other active connections which were live when they entered the network area, but all went dead within about 1 minute of each other. However, if they were attacked, it would most certainly have been an ambush, because if there were attackers they kept their commlinks all on "hidden" mode, and restricted them from finding any nearby networks. As you know, being a security expert, that is highly uncommon, even among 'Runners." Eleanor stated. The suggestion, of course, was that the message was authentic. There wasn't really any way that a normal 'runner could expect any given team to have access to an AI. Let alone one as advanced and capable as Eleanor. With that in mind, it was impossible to expect that this message could have been sent with the expectation that the data Eleanor just gave could be tracked down. Well, unless there was foreknowledge.
Your mind races for a few moment's following Eleanor's clues a bit and remembering why it is so uncommon for 'Runners to restrict their commlinks. It only takes you a fraction of a second though, as this stuff is always at the front of your thoughts. If you're hidden, this network would have logged a connection. Only if you restrict your commlink from finding networks will you also be hidden as an active connection; but that would also make it impossible to recieve outside calls for that time. Since 'Runners typically rely on outside calls heavilly, they won't often be willing to go completely radio silent. And for hacking purposes, it's enough to be "hidden", as most hackers assume that there are far more active connections in an area than they want to sort through, and therefore attempt to catch live transmissions. For most situations, it's easier.
"Also," Eleanor went on after a few moments of pause, letting the previous statement settle in.
"The commlink was a registered commlink. It was registered in the name of a "Brandon Bright". The commlink was not disconnected from the network, per se, it's connection was killed. So, the battery was removed, or the commlink was destroyed." Eleanor stated. It was a lot of information to have been handed on to Alexia, especially considering the message.
"Finally, since the actual location was part of the stored data in the network, I have coordinates for you regarding exactly where the Commlink was when the voicemail was recorded. I've already attempted to cross-reference them with building data for the city, but all I can get is that it's a warehouse, and it's in the docks district. If it has a current owner, there isn't any data available stating who it is." Eleanor finished, knowing that she had just laid a lot of information on Alexia. She stopped speaking for the moment and gave Alexia a chance to analyze the information she had just passed on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Heh, he never misses a moment to surprise me. just when i think i had him pegged, something like this happens. Im sure he registered that specific link and set up a "kill switch" if you were in case something were to happen he would contact me. however whats got me concerned is that it's near here, and at the docks no less. I cant assume that he's friendly this time around, he very well could be against us for the moment. we need to get Ashe and Kess in on this, they need to know about it... LT Too, im not sure about the others just yet but sense they were the core group to start this run their the "leaders"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:59 am

"Well, of course I can ping them and ask them to "wander" over here and join you for a moment. Kesslan and Ashe, I am confident, would prefer face to face discussions, given the choice. LT, obviously, is still asleep. Or if you prefer to go and speak with them yourself...?" Eleanor responded immediately. She was clearly aware of the gravity of the voicemail; particularly considering the leg work she had managed to pull together. Doubtless it would have taken her quite a bit longer if the commlink hadn't been a registered one. And according to Alexia's response, it was just this guy's style as a backup plan. Most 'Runners wouldn't do something like this, because most 'Runners wouldn't ever actually consider carrying a registered commlink on a 'Run with them. It is amazing, though, the nuances in reward that a little risk can bring from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm

NO, if you could ping them to join us that would be faster. if they want to discuss this in person then i will tell them where i am right now, though i think this way right now with the meeting in VR is more secure than verbal discussions at the moment. LT i will fill in when he wakes up, if indeed we do decide or if i decide to go to this location i'm going to want him with me. A Drake has their uses even if there not fully aware of it yet. Alexia begins to sift though the information beginning to devise a plan of attack. one way or another she was going to go. but to go assuming that it wasn't going to be a trap would be the epitome of foolish. After all that has happened recently there was just no better assumption than a paranoid assumption. and with this line of work the paranoid tend to last longer than any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:57 am

"Sure. I've just sent them an open line; they'll join as soon as they can." Eleanor responded immediately.
"I can see you're settled in, which is good. I just took a quick peak at the fire, and it may take them a few minutes to notice the call." Eleanor added.

Ashe was enjoying herself thoroughly. The fire was pleasant. She was feeling better by the day, and likely would be at peak physical condition within the week. There was, of course, no guarantee that she had a week, but she would be getting some proper armor soon anyway. Form Fitting Body Armor would have reduced the damage those bullets did, if not negated them entirely. And there were some modern armor add-ons that wouldn't be terribly inhibiting to a Magician that she could use to enhance her armor. That and an armored coat and she would be as well covered as can be expected. At least, on a budget. An alternative, of course, would be one of those full-powered hard-shell suits...
As Ashe was enjoying the moments, and her thoughts, she realized that the red-light of an awaiting call was blinking in her AR. She took a quick look at it and nodded. Eleanor hadn't spent a whole lot of time with her recently, so she was not surprised that she wanted to get in on the comfort of the fire. Or, at least, be part of the team while team-bonding was going on. Since the fire wouldn't be the least bit comforting to Eleanor.
"Hi Eleanor, what's on your mind?" Ashe answered, without noticing that it was an open line. She wasn't the most adept with electronics, so that's not a terribly surprising realization.
"Something's come up. Alexia is already on the line and she'll explain. We're waiting for Kesslan to join in." Eleanor said.
Ashe frowned. "Something's come up" was not the phrase she was looking to hear as she was finally settling in on her healing. And there was still so much more to do here at the island. Nevertheless... Ashe leaned over and gave Kesslan an elbow to the ribs, lightly.
"Hey, Kess, got a minute?" She said aloud, standing up. She reflexively reached down and smoothed her skirt down her legs, making sure that there were no visible wrinkles. Next she reached to the side of her blouse, tugging at it a bit, first to one side and then to the other, again, making sure that there were no wrinkles, and that the blouse was settled on her frame properly. She then carefully stepped past LT, and further away from the party at the fire, turning half way back to look to Kesslan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Once the two showed up in the channel Alexia began Ok your both here. Ill start at the beginning so it saves some explanation she plays back the voice-mail for Ashe and Kess to hear. It took me a minute for me to figure out who it was that sent this so me but once i did, Eleanor confermed it when she managed to track down the link of which this was sent from. she gives a short pause before continuing His runner name was Bright Light, and the link was registered to a Brandon Bright. if it is indeed the same person then it wont surprise me. He was a rather cleaver dwarf, always coming up with bright new ideas and ways of doing things. Also a bit of a risk taker if memory serves. a quick and tired sigh escapes her for a second Unfortunately what has me most concerned is the context of the message and the last location of the link. It's last location was at the docks, and because of what has happened recently i cant be sure that this isn't some kind of setup or that hes not a friendly towards us at the moment. I want to go in person to check this out, and i will go by myself if i have to but i would rather not. If this is in fact a case of someone working against us, its best to have the knowledge and that this is probably a trap. However there is the other option being that if they are working against us we might be able to use this to get someone in with them to get more information on why were being targeted. I could in act as a double agent so to speak, anyway ive said enough for the moment i wanted to know your opinions on this as it is possibly something that could affect us all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:18 pm

"Huh..." Ashe responds a few moments after Alexia finished her explanation. She had taken some time to internalize the information.
"Well, going by yourself is out of the question. We don't need you submitting to being caught, and possibly tortured, right when you've started some serious contributions to the team. I think we need your expertise on this island, and perhaps with Kesslan's security consulting, long before we need to sacrifice you as a potential double-agent for a couple of days, at least." Ashe said, looking at Kesslan thoughtfully. Her lips were moving in time with her words, which would make it possible for someone to read her lips. But there was no sound coming out, as she was using the sub-vocal mic. That was somewhat intentional, as she didn't want to betray that they were on the phone; but she wanted to be certain that no one was listening in. Despite the obvious usefulness, lip-reading was still an exceedingly rare skill.
"Umm, Eleanor, did you happen to get a chance to track down any details on the team there, what they were doing, or perhaps who owns the warehouse? Anything that might provide us with some clues here?" Ashe asked, still mouthing the words, maintaining the illusion that she was speaking with Kesslan.
"Well, I tried to find out who owns the warehouse, but there are no digital records. So either it's not owned, it's been owned since before Crash2.0, or the owners don't want the records to be found. Obviously any of the three are possible..."
"Hmm... Ok, that doesn't help any. And yeah, they're all possible. Ok, how about this: it seems like you have the network that this commlink was connected to fairly well pinged; what's the relative location of the network hub to the location of the commlink?" Ashe asked. This was exactly the kind of question that an AI would simply never consider.
"Well, I don't really know how to answer that. But the hub maintains a live map, including all live connections. I can see the hub on the map... Ok, nevermind. Let me send it over your way." Eleanor responds. Obviously when Ashe used the word "relative" that was a little too much for Eleanor to compute. Pun, of course, intended.
There was an instant blinking in the Message box. Downloading it revealed the network map, maintained live. The hub for the network was either inside the warehouse, or hosted from the top of the warehouse. And based on the map, and the connection speeds, the hub was clearly a well-maintained hub, which eliminated the warehouse from being abandoned.
"Is this map brought to us on a secure link/connection/thingy?" Ashe asked warilly.
"Well, I mean, yeah. It's as secure as I can get it. But, while I'm good, I'm not the best..." Eleanor stated.
"Ok, good enough. So, the hub is in the warehouse. Eleanor, can you find out who owns or maintains the hub?" Ashe asked. It was the obvious question.
"Yeah, that's easy. The hub is owned and maintained by Aztechnology." Eleanor responded almost immediately. Her speed, coupled with the obvious fact that she hadn't already gathered this data, suggested that this was a registered hub.
"And it's registered." Eleanor added, almost as if she could read the team's thoughts. Of course, she probably could read the surface-level thoughts of Alexia with her head connected to the 'Trodes.
"Hunh..." Ashe said, lapsing in to silence. Clearly she was thinking the details over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:31 pm

I see, as much as i doubt that Aztech is actually here in japan. and this close for one i cant deny that it is a possibility and with that its best that i don't go. I don't care for being poked or prodded by there researchers. Alexia flips through ha few things We need to find out what is primary moved in an out of those docks, it might give us a little more information as to choose that area. an odd thought came into her head Kess, this seems like it would be an odd joke for something like this to happen. you only recently broke your ties with aztech right? might we be dealing with someone who knows about your past?... Heck isn't it even possible that our J hired 2 separate groups to do 2 separate things? one to find someone and another to stop that group?... I don't like where this is headed, we need to be sure of everyone's loyalties during this job. i don't want to have to keep looking over my shoulder to be sure that the person that's supposed to be watching my back is not going to stick a knife in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 am

Meanwhile, back at the campfire.
Viking watches with some degree of curiosity on his face as Ashe stands, leading Kesslan several strides from the camp. They remained visible, somewhat, to his human unaugmented eyes, but they were well shadowed. Ashe was gesticulating slightly, in her way. She was not a particularly animated speaker, like some people out there, but she did like to punctuate, at times, with the aid of her hands. Kesslan had his back slightly to the group, and was nodding. It was difficult to tell if he was speaking, as he didn't tend to articulate his speech with his body at all. Although, between them, it was unlikely that the conversation would be a one-way thing.
"So, ah, Darkon... Maybe now's a good time for us to chat a bit about that ritual? I've been fascinated by both your idea for it, and your execution. How did you come up with the idea?" Viking asked, turning his attention back toward the still-large group sitting by the fire. Not unsurprisingly, Viking turned his attention toward Darkon, one of the other magic users at the fire, rather than addressing his questions to the technology focused members of the group.
At the same time, and audibly if they cared to attempt to hear it, Driver and Greifer were having a discussion on the possible uses of the partially destroyed boat. Greifer's accent was certainly worthy of amusement, particularly when compared with Driver's very carefully precise speech.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down

A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next