Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:50 am

Specter thought about it for a little while before responding. Enjoying the ambient. The chatter of the techheads a nice contrapoint to the crackle of the burning wood. The accent was a bit funny, but the elf girl knew that for example her mandarin sounded funny to native speakers too.What are Ashe and Kesslan talking about again? I don't like feeling excluded. I don't like it at all.

"You know, at first I just wanted to be a friendly neighbor, giving the spirits of the island a little welcome gift. To be on good terms, you see?" She stretched and drank more coffee.

With a little frown she continued. "Then there was the attack. And I wanted to do something for the team. To make us safer." She shrugged. "And I can't do much besides magic. So yeah. The rest fell into place naturally." Now she grinned. "As things should. The ritual itself? Easy. We're in japanese waters, so the traditional rice, sake and salt seemed the best gifts for the spirits. Asking politely to be welcomed was logical too. And including the whole team, or as many as I could, would mean they were included in the welcome too. And for the rest, a symbolical offering would have to do the trick. All in all, it was logical. And it felt right. So that's what I did. I wonder what they are talking about." The last sentence meant Ashe and Kesslan.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Jack, another of the Magicians in the group, had stood up and moved over to stand with Ashe and Kesslan. Clearly he was more or less welcome, as they made a bit of space for him

He nodded and made "agreement noises" as the description went on. The at the end, when Specter again mentioned that it was Logical, Viking raised his eyebrows.
"Huh. Logical..." He mumbled, still nodding. In fact, he was so intent on the description, Viking was still nodding after Specter had finished talking. It was clear he was deeply considering the effect that ended up having occurred.
"So, did you create the strange magical field that we have around us on purpose? Is that something you've done before?" He asked, staring in to the fire with that well know "1000 mile stare". It was clear that half his attention was focused back on the ritual, and what ended up happening as a result.
"Yeah... That was really impressive." Caper chimed in. He was more timid than most, though he had certainly proven his mettle during the little fight the team had had. As a combat magician, Caper had shown his capacity, at the very least, in inflicting pain.

With the "Gearheads" at the fire, it was no surprise to see some of the "Techheads" arrive as well, though, as is expected, they were somewhat late in coming. First came Sureal. She walked up to the fire carefully, almost timidly. Though she was surrounded by friends here, the feel that she carried with her was that she would retreat to the shadows the very instant someone moved wrong. Right behind her, as though they had been working together, or speaking together before, came Father. He was strange in his own way, but in a very different way. He dressed as though he were an old-time monk of some sort. Or, perhaps, one of the Franciscan priests who had attempted to "Civilize" South America centuries before.
Father helped himself to a seat without hesitation. He moved in a fluid, comfortable fashion, in striking contrast to Sureal, who carried with her the care of a scared kitten. Once he had found himself a seat, Father reached forward and warmed his hands on the fire, enjoying the glow, comfort, and heat that the flames produced. Clearly the "Techheads" were not immune to the community effects of a fire either. The "Gearhead" discussion continued. Sam, the other "Gearhead" was animatedly adding his voice to the discussion now, it's pitch rising heatedly.

Last edited by Gala on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:56 am

At Capers statement, Specter blushed. Which was, given her skin colour, quite a display on itself. "Thank you. I did want us to be protected. I didn't know it would have such an effect. I just... well... acted on a gut feeling. And went about it in a logical way. If that makes any sense." She shrugged. "No I never did anything like this before. Not on this scale anyway. I put up my lai... lodge a few times. And it was a bit like this. But... opposite. I mean, I did impress my own aura on the area at the time I put up the lodge. This time it felt more like... merging. Finding a balance, a harmony. I gave as I took, so to speak." She sighed. "I have the feeling no human language can transport the whole of what I mean."

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:58 am

Kesslan hadn't liked the news Alexia brought up as now two separate sources seemed to indicate Aztechnology was at the root of things or at least some how involved in this whole mess. From his time with the corp he knew they had a long, looong arm but they usually didn't operate overseas under their main company but usually some form of shell due to the negative reputation they had in many places. None the less Aztechnology was perhaps only matched by Horizon in the PR spin department. Over the comlink he responded finally after a moments silence 'I don't like this. Given what little information we dug up from our attackers, Aztechnology is definitely involved in all of this some how and it would certainly explain all the money being thrown around to throw us off the trail. As much as I don't like the idea, it's also entirely possible that Watashi is actually some how working for or with Aztechnology, which would certainly explain how he got them off my back so easily. That or we are in a much bigger game that has more than one player. Either way there's a lot of interest in this warehouse and I don't think we should pass up checking it out and soon given that there seems to be an attack squad on the way. That also means we won't have a lot of time for recon, and I seriously think we should go in locked and loaded for a nasty fight. I also don't think we should leave this place unattended given we've already had one attack. The problem is who do we trust? We have to have a mole somewhere given how easy a time they've had tracking us. That or there's a bunch of bugs we've some how missed.'

The shifter glanced about at those gathered and could already feel a headache of sorts coming on. He hated this sort of thing and in the end didn't really want to be in charge of something like this. He still didn't feel all that home in the world of men and technology, he still greatly preferred the jungle. Still, he was also the practical sort that just worked with the cards he was dealt. Aloud he said "Ok folks, I want everyone geared and ready for a fight in one hour. We may have another attack coming in on the island and at the same time we have to split up to go check up an important lead that will probably be under attack by the time we get there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 pm

When Specter heard Kesslan, she propped up on her elbows. Just when I was starting to enjoy myself. "I'll just get my coat." The elf girl stood up and briskly walked to her lair, checking her gun and one last time [olor=cyan]inspecting the mana construction of her lair.[/color] Then she changed her clothes.

When she got back maybe ten minutes later, she was wearing unconspicious, dark clothes, gloves and a face mask. All of it meant to conceal her glow in the dark. Over that she wore her coat, turned the black side out. "Ok, I'm ready."

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:01 am

"You say Aztechnology has been involved in this before?" Ashe asks, surprised. The look on her face clearly matches her voice.
"And that we either have a mole or bugs? How are you arriving at these conclusions? Where is your data?" Ashe asks, her face going just slightly lighter. There was clearly a tinge of fear creeping in to her voice. Recalling that Ashe had been out for nearly the entire time Kesslan had been analyzing the data on the commlinks was not hard. Additionally, because of her condition, it seemed as though no one had yet informed her of what Eleanor and the Technomancers had uncovered in the commlinks that had survived the attacks. Ashe was clearly a few steps behind at the moment, and needed to be caught up.
"Ok, well, it sounds like I'm missing some information. Can one of you please catch me up? Also, obviously, I'm going." She shook her head a bit, clearing the fear from her thinking. Bugs can be dealt with. Moles can be a bit more troublesome, but are also fairly easy to catch, if you know what you're doing.
"Kesslan and I will catch you up on the way Ashe. In the mean time, go get geared up for battle. And this time please wear some real armor?" Eleanor responded, immediately.
"As for an inside mole or bug: I've been monitoring all traffic, and there is no possible way a mole has been reporting. While that doesn't mean we don't have one, it does mean that any information on us can't have come from a current mole.
"As for bugs: that's entirely possible. Remember, we have a top of the line military aircraft right here. If there aren't bugs on it, I would be surprised. And I am operating on the presumption that they can transmit on wavelengths that I don't know need monitoring. We are well outside of UCAS jurisdiction, so we don't need to fear them coming after us in force... But sending Shadow-teams is well within their Operating Model. Beyond that, I have no reason to suspect any other Bugs."
Eleanor said, adding her two cents to the group discussion. Her comments were appropriate. And logically speaking, none of the team had really been given the time yet to properly sweep for bugs in the jet.
"So, while I don't know of any bugs on the jet, I assume there are some. I would put some on, if I were designing the thing. And, I'd build them right in to the structure of the jet, make it impossible to remove them." She added, sort of an out loud musing.
"Is there anything we can do about them Eleanor?" Ashe asked, looking troubled, but certainly less afraid than she had been before.
"Well, yeah, I can disable them if I can find their frequency. But at the moment, I don't have the hardware to search for it. Assuming they are broadcasting constantly, I need something to catalog and isolate the frequencies that are being broadcast from our own. And while it won't take us long, it's not standard technology for a 'Runner team." Eleanor responded.
"Ok; but they don't have our commlinks bugged?" Ashe asked.
"It's unlikely. They would need physical access to one, or a really good hacker. And they haven't had physical access to one. And I'm no slouch on the 'trix."
"Ok. I'm going to go suit up. Can you start filling me in on the details I've missed?" Ashe walked away while Eleanor started to catalog what had happened while Ashe was "out".

Last edited by Gala on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:21 am

there's a simpler solution to the bugs if the aircraft is hot. we just need to shut everything down on it and hit it with an EM charge. if those bugs are un-shielded which i would be willing to bet they are, and if they are constantly transmitting then that will fry them then and there and we wont have to worry about them. though what eleanor suggests is a good way to make sure after doing that we did in fact kill them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Your cellphones all vibrate briefly, though there is no message notification in your PAN.
"Brr....." Eleanor responds immediately to Alexia's suggestion. While AI's don't feel cold, there is no reason for them to be immune to that "goosebumps" feeling that you get...
"Yeah. That would work. I don't like those things, but it would work." Eleanore says after the virtual chill must have finally vanished from her virtual spine.
Ashe stopped dead on her way to the Jet.
"Eleanor, what was that?" She asks, looking down at her commlink. It was clear she was surprised by the reaction.
"It was nothing... Let's get this show on the road, hmm?" She responded, a little too quickly. Perhaps Eleanor didn't even know that her reaction was possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Kesslan did his best to catch Ashe up on all the information that had been gathered while she was recovering from the earlier fight. He was also still waiting on a response from Viking in regards to having asked him if he could do something with their 'guests' memory. The man had after all talked and Kesslan still intended to keep his word on letting the man go alive, though he'd never promised not to do his best to make sure the man couldn't recall certain critical details. Beyond that he spent the rest of his time readying his equipment, and without any clear idea of what to expect the shifter packed all his guns on this particular trip. While he wouldn't wind up both sniper rifles (most likely) he felt at this point it was best to have both along, just in case he needed the extra punch the Barrett provided over the far more manoeuvrable Desert Strike. With all the unknowns kicking around, he also quickly checked on the armourer drone to see how long it would take it to fit everyone with one of the milspec suits.

He wasn't sure what to expect firepower wise on this particular outing, but he wasn't going to go in on so little detail anything short of ready for a full out multiple sided war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed May 02, 2012 3:40 am

"Sure Kesslan, I can take care of that. I assume you want me to do it after we bring him back to the mainland though, right?" Viking answered cordially.

Kesslan wrote:
"I want everyone geared and ready for a fight in one hour"
The camp instantly went from calm, relaxed, and settling in for a comfortable night about a companionable fire to the flurry of activity which always accompanies a large group of adults preparing for war.

Ashe took her armor in to the small room in the Jet. A few minutes later, she stepped out wearing her form fitting body armor, an important and necessary accessory which she had not had available during the previous attack. Over that was the large pistol which she kept handy, and her survival knife; all Mages should be equipped with something other than their magic. As she stepped out, she pulled a black long coat over her shoulders, putting her arms in one at a time, and cinching it about her waist to keep it from flapping in the wind.
"Ready." She stated simply. She had taken less than 15 minutes of Kesslan's allotted hour.
"How can I help?" She asked, looking in Kesslan's direction. Just at that moment, Caper, Jack, and Viking joined her and each announced their readiness. Specter had also already announced her own.
"Huh... The magicians are all ready." Ashe noted, clearly somewhat amused. They had less preparation to take care of, in the immediate; as most of a Magician's preparation is the long hours of study and training that they undergo with their magic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed May 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Specter leaned against a palmtree. "Where are we going?" She looked Ashe in the eye as she spoke in a quiet volume. "To be honest, I noticed you withhold information from the rest of us. And I wonder why. Aren't we a team?" Her tone was slightly accusing. But she kept her voice down. Specter didn't want to cause a huge discussion. Not yet anway. But she wantedclarification at least for herself. "If you don't trust us, why bring us here anyway? And if you trust us, you should put us in the big picture too. We could help, you know?"

She smiled to show she wasn't angry. It was an open, honest smile. And she meant it. She liked Ashe. And a little bit, she admired her style.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed May 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Specter wrote:
"Where are we going?"
"Hmm..." Ashe answered immediately.
"Umm... I actually don't know. It's some warehouse somewhere. Eleanor knows where, I think. Anyway, I think probably Eleanor or Kesslan will be briefing everyone once we're all together." She answered. Having just been filled in herself on most of the info, those parts she cared about anyway, Ashe had been unprepared to respond to Specter's question. Though she shouldn't have been, it was certainly to be expected.
Specter wrote:
"To be honest, I noticed you withhold information from the rest of us. And I wonder why. Aren't we a team?"
"If you don't trust us, why bring us here anyway? And if you trust us, you should put us in the big picture too. We could help, you know?"
"I don't think there are any plans to withhold information. At least, none that I'm aware of; and if information is being withheld, it's being withheld from me as well. You probably don't have anything to worry about in regards to this; and if you do, I'm in trouble too." Ashe responded, clearly taken aback by Specter's angle.
"As I said, I think Eleanor or Kesslan will be briefing everyone once we're all together. Those gun-toting guys take a bit longer than us magicians to prepare. And while I'd be happy to tell you what I know, I am still fresh to most of this information anyway, and don't want to mess it up by saying the wrong thing. It's better to hear it from Eleanor or Kesslan, since they've been exposed to this stuff for a bit longer than I have." She finished. Ashe spread her hands. While she was certainly a better speaker than Kesslan, having spent more time studying it, and specializing in the "Interactions" art throughout her career, Ashe was not the right person to be speaking about this at the moment. She would need some more time with the information to get her head around all of it. She had been given all the pieces, as far as she knew, but it takes some time to assimilate it, and she hadn't had that time yet.
Just as Ashe finished, Sam and Driver walked over wearing their armor. Presumably Griefer was not far behind; though he liked to carry a bit more of a personal arsenal than Sam and Griefer generally did. Black was the color of the hour, clearly, as nearly everyone was wearing blackened armor or clothing.
"Umm... We takin' the Jet, right?" Sam asked out loud.
"I don't think we have a choice yet." Eleanor responded. Though Ashe knew Eleanor was troubled by the thought of Bugs on the Jet, she hadn't let that come out. And she was right. There wasn't any choice at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 03, 2012 12:51 pm

"I..." Specter began. But then hesitated. "Sorry. Maybe I just got the wrong signals. Maybe it's typical runners paranoia." She smiled an honest and slightly embarrassed smile. "You're just talking to Kesslan a lot away from the rest of us." The elf girl put a hand on Ashes forearm. She subconsciously tried to deepen the connection by physical contact. "We have to trust each other. It's imperative for survival." She winked. "And it makes living together on an island easier."

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 03, 2012 2:23 pm

"Mmmm, I understand. It's quite alright. That Paranoia keeps you alive; you should hold on to it closely. There was this old saying: "I'm only crazy if they're not actually out to get me." As 'Runners, we can be fairly certain most of the time that we're not crazy. Because they really are out to get us." She responded, trying to bring some light to the situation. There was no need, after all, to deepen Specter's discomfort. That certainly wouldn't improve the situation at all. The grin on her face was genuine.
"As for my discussion with Kesslan, a piece of information came to our attention that may have been pertinent to the group. We spent some time discussing it, and concluded that it is important for everyone to be brought up to speed on it and involved in it from here on. That won't always be the case, depending on what we're discussing. Personal information, for instance, will obviously be excluded from group discussions." Ashe said, trying to keep the air clear. She and Kesslan had been discussing things in private, and while that is clearly normal behavior for metahuman cultures for any number of reasons, she did need to make sure that Specter wasn't too concerned.
"As I said before, anything that may affect the group, we will make sure we bring to all of your attention as soon as we can. That doesn't mean that Kesslan and I won't have private conversations. Nor you and I, or any of the other people here. Privacy is just as important to relationship building, and maintenance, as spending time together. People learn to trust faster in direct interactions; and that's simplest, and easiest, when there are no other distractions." Ashe added.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Alexia made a final systems check on the security measures she had installed recently and then headed toward the central camp. coming into view of the hustling about she just looked around at everything and nodded towards Ashe as she picked out a spot to sit down and wait. She was confident in her abilities to set up the security measures they would need for most mundane forms of risks, and it didn't take much for her to see that the magical aspect was coming along. which this time was something she stayed out of all together for the most part as there were more qualified people here to take care of that bit.

As she sat waiting for the others to finish it was obvious that she was in deep thought about something, deep enough that she actually portrayed a calm patient demeanor, something that was foreign to the way she usually portrayed herself as the excited bubbly young woman she appeared to be. the longer she sat there waiting the more she attitude changed to show tension building as if a hunter getting ready to pounce on her prey or to run from a threat. all the while she just waited for everyone to be in one spot, taking note of her surroundings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 03, 2012 3:06 pm

The albino elf blushed. Which was an impressive sight. "I understand. Um... of course private talk doesn't need to be spread." She replied the grin. "I'm not as uncouth as I sounded a moment ago." She almost giggled. "I'll keep the paranoia up. But outside the team." Specter looked around at the rest of the team getting ready. "And here I thought the saying goes Women take ages to get ready." Now she giggled.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri May 04, 2012 4:08 am

"Yeah. That is the saying..." Ashe responded, returning the giggle.
"But I don't think anyone ever expected that it would apply to armed forces. And while we're not specifically trained soldiers -at least, not all of us- we're definitely armed forces." Ashe added.
"Ok, I think most everyone is ready now." Eleanor announced through everyone's commlinks. Ashe's mouth was still open, looking like she had been about to say something else. But she closed it, waiting now for Eleanor or Kesslan to begin the briefing.
"Kesslan, you ready to do this?" Eleanor said to Kesslan's commlink alone.
Meanwhile, it looked like Eleanor was correct. The last of the group was now joining up. It was a surprisingly dense packet of people. Throughout the previous couple of days, and even during the battle, the group had been entirely separated. With all different people in different places working on their tasks, it was hard to get a feel for just how many people there really were in the team. But now that Kesslan had called for everyone to suit up; the whole team was now standing there, ready for battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 am

Kesslan wasn't prepared yet, still pulling together his guns.
"Boys and their toys..." Eleanor mutters on the group-channel. Ashe smiled at the joke and nodded.
"Ok, I suppose I'll take care of this then. Sureal, would you please provide me with a projector?" Eleanor began. Sureal obliged immediately, setting down a commlink with a holoprojector ready to go. A moment later, a holographic marker-board appeared, and a marker started writing on it. Strangely, the marker was scribbling in Text... Eleanor clearly needed to work on this one... The briefing didn't take long. After a short but concise briefing, the team was filled in on the following details:

Alexia had received a voicemail, which Eleanor had traced immediately.
The voicemail had come from a former colleage of Alexia's; Eleanor had tracked it to an un-owned, un-occupied warehouse in the warehouse district of the docks.
The voicemail itself was worrying; but in the context of all other things happening, the voicemail appeared geniune.
In addition, the voicemail, as well as the network it was on, suggests that Aztechnology is behind, or in collusion with, whomever has been chasing/tracking the group.
Despite that the warehouse claims no owner, the network is the latest technology, located on top of the warehouse, and is regularly maintained. The network is publicly registered to Aztechnology.
All of this information, as well as the information from the prisoner they had taken, and the data on the prisoner's commlink, convinced Kesslan that following up on the voicemail was critical at this point - and in force.
And finally: the Jet is most likely bugged - and will stay that way until they can get their hands on a micro-EMP.

"Ok. I believe I've covered everything. Alexia, Kesslan, did I leave anything out?"
"I can't think of anything..." Ashe responded immediately.
"Though, this stuff is still fresh for me." Ashe added.
"Ok. In that case, does anyone have any questions before we head out?" Eleanor asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 am

LT Was up as soon as he herd Kess's request! Sitting up, not even yawning, but exploding to his truck! Everyone else was nearly ready and talking amongst themselves, probably not even noticing the troll about. Quickly he put on his SWAT armor, and grabbed a troll Adjusted stealth helmet(if we have any with stealth I figure we got everything else). He grabbed and checked his twin pistols, and slid them gently into their holsters attached to slides that would pass them along to the troll's massive hands. He double checked the slides then reset them grabbed his weapon focus No Dai chi and slid that into its respective shoulder strap sheath, he'd still not bonded to the thing but it was still a great weapon for him. Finally He slung over on his left shoulder two weapons one a troll adjusted sniper rifle, And his Ingram super mach 100 SMG system... also troll adjusted. He loaded up in what ever area the team kept there ammo. EX-Explosive rounds in the sniper rifle, Armor piercers in the super mach. He also packed extra ammo in the combat load vest...

LT Looked out over the small battalion they'd amassed for this long term assignment. The techs were with the techs, and the magically inclined with their own. LT stood there looking out over the various members and Wondered where he should stand... Then he boldly sauntered up to the front! The worse that could happen, he figured is some one would question his sanity, or his ability, and he would deal with it accordingly. There were two teammates he needed to be sure still trusted him, and that was his true concern. He walked up to Ashe walked up to Kess in the front, and as he approached his face took on the most grave appearance it had taken since the three had met. He stopped a few feet from Ashe, and Kess displaying his intent to join them in all his terrible splendor. The black armor shifted slightly as the Ruthenium polymers adjusted to there surroundings... He stared the two in the eyes winked at Ashe then walked to kess, and said "Heads clear, I'ms Good to Go..." in truth kesslen did not have to allow LT his place in the front next to him. Hell he did not even have to allow him to continue the mission, But LT had a feeling about Kess, and he was sure that while the shifter may not have understood all that was happening to LT. He did know the deadly Cat could smell intent even fear... He knew Kesslan would allow him redemption... That much he was sure of...

His had spoken to Ashe as well as kess but he never let his eyes leave Kesslens eyes... As he waited for their response...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon May 07, 2012 11:46 am

"Hey there big guy. You're looking bright eyed and bushy tailed huh?" Ashe said, smiling at LT.
"Glad to have you back with the living! By the way, I appreciate the way you stayed with me all night. Everyone here, certainly, is understanding regarding you needing your sleep this afternoon. Staying up all night with me could not have been an easy task." Ashe said in a strong and clear voice. She would have been heard by everyone listening, giving LT all the face-saving he needed. Her voice and sentiment were entirely genuine as well, as LT had stayed with her the whole night, and most of the day. Not only had he lost more than a little sleep, he'd missed a few meals. There was no other excuse necessary for being physically depleted. Despite that the whole story was quite a bit more complicated than that.
"Yeah. I'm not quite as useful at holding her hand..." Eleanor pitched in, catching the mode of the discussion.
"I would have been there too, but that fight took a lot out of me. And healing her; well, that took what was left!" Viking added in with a supportive smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Alexia stands up slowly and walks over and stands just to the side of the holo, NO, thats about the jest of it right now. though i should mention that the individual's name is bright light, also hes a dwarf so that should make it easier for you to find him. however though he might be a former colleague of mine there's no guarantee that he is a friendly this time around. as you all should know the drill, I intend to remain here and give whatever support that i can in the situation. as well as run the defenses we have set up for the island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Specter nodded as she talked to LT. "Yeah. And he was so determined to do his part for the team, he overstretched himself. I'm glad you're up and awake big boy." She smiled at the troll, relieved he seemed to feel better too.

"So we're after the bright light. What was the message about again?"

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 08, 2012 3:04 pm

"Err... It looks like you left that one off, Eleanor." Ashe nodded.
"Oh! Ok!" Eleanor's very familiar voice responded with a surprise. Shortly the text of the voicemail was typed out, by the marker on the marker board. It was still somewhat disconcerting to see a marker writing in type-set. Perhaps it wasn't an error in Eleanor's programming... Perhaps it was her form of humor!
"Better?" Eleanor asked as the wording appeared at the bottom of the list.
"Also, I've sent out a copy of the voicemail for any of you to listen to if you'd like. You may find it useful to be familiar with his voice. And from the limited background noise, I would guess it's either an internal commlink, or he was using a subvocal mic. Also, another detail relative to his commlink: it was registered. To him. You'll see that just above the wording there." Eleanor added quickly.

"Voicemail Text":

"As you can see, when Alexia recieved the voicemail, her phone didn't recognize the caller. But when I traced it back to the network, I could see that the Commlink which had sent the voicemail had been a registered Commlink...
"It was from this Bright Light fellow, though the name that it was registered under is Brandon Bright."
Eleanor added the last bit of detail once the text of the voicemail were finished displaying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed May 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Having finally gathered up his gear and finished his checks on the group's armament and munitions stash as well as what defences were now in place Kesslan returned to the others only preipherally aware of what else had gone on in the meantime. "Alright, we need to get a move on that warehouse while there's still time and something left to check on. As we have to asume they know we are coming I need to make sure this place stays secure, so only a few of us will actually be going. The rest of you I need here, protecting the camp, finishing build up of defences, activating and setting up the drones and focusing on matrix security. As we also happen to have several suits of Milspec, while we are gone I think it's best we get a few folk here fitted for it so we can use it the next time some one.. what's the saying? Knocks on our door?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 am

"Ok, any other questions?" Eleanor asks as Kesslan starts to pick out the team he wants loaded up for the recon mission.
"Alexia." He starts, pointing.
"LT. Sureal. Ashe. Specter. Greifer. And Viking." He said, skipping over some heads, looking around at the group of people assembled.
"And myself, of course." Kesslan added.
"Ok, load up. The Jet is ready." Eleanor stated as the lights in the internal portion of the jet turned on. The last few day's activity had emptied out the cargo hold, and the interior of the jet was mostly empty now, save for the attached fold-up seats on the walls and the webbing threaded from the floor to the ceiling at intervals.
Kesslan grabbed his bags and headed in to the Jet, LT, Ashe and Viking close on his heels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down

A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next