Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 A Time for Secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Without taking his eyes off kess LT smiled as Ashe saved face for him, and put his armored arm up so that Specter could see the big thumbs up she got from him. Indeed LT was back at every ones back, and that was just fine with him. He just kept his mind on the task at hand. Amazingly it was like nothing had ever happened for him. But that was not true a lot had happened and he had other work to do… That is if his luck held out, and he did not have to cash in his chips…

“So what’s the plan?” LT asked Kess. “How we doing this, five to six going so what three groups of two? or two groups of three, and who are the groups, also I’d like to know what the points of entry for this warehouse is a quick flyby mights bees a goods idea for Dis. I’d like to think as a hunters of sorts yous gots this planned out a little right sorry was sleeping so I missed some stuff… “ Mostly LT was ready good to go… But he had that walk again that I don’t give a crap who’s in our way swagger, that hid the teddy bear inside so yeah he was back…


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Specter grinned and replied LTs thumbs up while walking towards the jet. "Ok then. You can have a window seat." There it is again, she thought. The thrill of the hunt. Who knows what this day will bring. But it certainly will not be a boring one. The excitement gave her walk an additional spring.

When they all were settled down, after only slight difficulties to fasten the seatbelts, the young elf girl asked around: "With all the others staying behind, I think we should ask a few spirits for support. Best would be different types I guess. Viking, do you have an especially well connection with some type of spirit? And you Ashe?"

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 15, 2012 1:29 pm

"Umm... I'm no expert on this stuff. But this thing isn't quite the definition of silent." Eleanor piped up after LT suggested a fly-by.
"Maybe a fly-by is not the best idea?" Eleanor finished. Clearly alerting anyone that they were checking the place out, in a Jet no less, was not the idea way to begin an engagement.
"I wouldn't mind sending a Spirit that way to check out where the exits are. It should be quite a bit quieter than a fly-by." Ashe volunteered.
"As for missing stuff: I think you came in time to hear the briefing. There's nothing else, that I know of." Ashe said. She walked in the plane behind LT and Kesslan, laughing with Specter at the comment: - Window seat... Good one! She thought to herself, pulling down one of the wall-mounted seats and sitting down in it. It wasn't the most comfortable seat in the plane, but she figured she could let Sureal take the co-pilot's seat this time around, giving her some time to familiarize herself with the space before she went under in it.
"Sureal, you can take the cockpit if you want. Since you'll be hanging out there after we land, now might be a good time for you to get familiar with the space." She said as she strapped herself in to the seat. Military strappings were quite effective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm

I know everyone is geared up and ready to go but i have a suggestion that might be better for us with the limited information we have. There are military grade parachutes in the craft, i suggest we wait for nightfall take the aircraft over our location and preform a halo jump. it will be as silent as posible. and with it being dark normal individuals wont see it. also anyone who could see it wont see us jump more less expect us to be coming from the air. Surprise will more or less be on our side for this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 17, 2012 5:15 am

"Maybe it would be stealthier. But the message sounded urgent. Maybe we shouldn't waste time until nightfall." She grinned. "Besides, I've got another idea." Her body slacked and was held by the straps of the seat while her true self left it. She hovered in the middle of the corridor, looking at the auras of her comrades. Then, in order for the mundane ones to see her, she manifested, thus her astral body becoming visible on the normal plane, looking like a translucent, and even paler, version of herself. A true specter one could assume. When she spoke, her voice had a slight echo effect. One that sometimes got used on trids when depicting ghosts. "Some of us could take a stroll, at least taking a first peek." She grinned amused at the gasp of Greifer.
"I know it's not perfect, but still beats waiting hours and then jump out of this machine in hope not to become a smear on the ground. Though..." Now she outright giggled, which sounded quite eerie with the slight echo effect. "I do know a spell to levitate people around.



_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 17, 2012 7:40 am

Alexia shook her head, no, we have no idea what kind of security they have at this place that taking a look at it astraly, and for our magicians to go ahead is to much of a risk. that could very well just end up being a beacon of our coming. however they could also already know where coming so no matter what we do it could mean nothing. The message weather urgent or not, i'm not willing to throw my life in jeopardy for someone who might not even be on our side right now. I really don't like the prospect of going without more info, but i would prefer us to go in a manner that would be the safest for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 am

"Who said anything about barging in loudly announcing our presence? If there is astral surveillance, we can detect it. I mean, the idea of sneaking in stealthily is good. But what's more sneaky than someone projecting? She slipped back into her body, sitting up with a gasp. "Also, isn't it more likely they have a radar dish on the roof or something that detects us coming than some cleverly hidden watcher or a mage on the astral prowl?"

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Fri May 18, 2012 7:41 pm

"I say we are better off sending some one to take a peek astraly themselves, rather than a spirit. Spirits are strong, powerful. Many even intelligent but they do not THINK like the sentients of this realm. While my kind thinks very differently from a metahuman, or a dragon, or any other sentient we still share many common patterns that we each recognize in the other, though dragons and their kin less so I would assume. None the less spirits are yet again entirely different. They do not understand our realm any better than most awakened understand theirs. What to us may be a threat or item of importance to them would be nothing to even take notice of. While I do not understand much of spirits, I do believe we would be making a serious mistake by not sending some one from this team in person." While the shifter had said 'in person' the difference to him was perhaps purely a matter of perception. To a being that lived on both the physical and astral planes at the same time there was no difference perceptually in the 'here and now' of some one who was astrally projecting over the presence of their physical body. While both registered at their given points they were, to him, a singular being rather than an empty vessel (the flesh and blood) and the spirit (The astral projecting self). "I have the advantage of understanding both worlds but... I can not do what a mage does and split the self into two."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat May 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Specter smiled at Kesslan, thankful for the backup. "Of course Kesslan. I said what is more likely to spot us. Some radar dish or a watcher. But I didn't say we should send a watcher ourself. The spirits I suggested are for backup. Not as scouts." Her voice was raised above the not too well dampened pandemonium of the engines. After all, this was a military vehicle. Well, who of us can project?" She asked around. "Obviously, I can. Viking? Ashe?" She had her mask pulled off for now, it was resting in one of her pockets. "I think two would be better than one. Although one would still be better than none." She grinned.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat May 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Fine, you want to keep prodding her scorpion with your nose go for it. i wont nor can i stop you, though the odds of them having radar or early warning are slim. if we preform a halo jump then we wont have to worry about any of that. as we will be to high for their radar if they have on at all to spot us. as well as be to small once were out of the craft to be picked up, not to mention the altitude would make our approach practically silent to anyone who isn't listening for such, and for those that would be listening the would have to have augmented hearing and be expecting to hear it. So, my vote is try to gain what information we can and make the run when we can get the cover of darkness to give what surprise we can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun May 20, 2012 6:38 am

OOC: It's already dark - approximately 1 hour past sunset.

Ashe had been listening carefully. She was no tactician, nor military strategist, and she had no business intruding on this discussion with her opinion. She would do as the team decided, under the guidance of the more experienced hands.
"Yes, I can project." She responded at once to Specter. Ashe had thoughts concerning both approaches.
"As can I" Viking added.
"So, just to make sure we're all on the same page, there are two options being discussed: 1. We parachute in. 2. We land, get close, and then Astrally snoop, if possible, before coming in on foot. Right?" She asked, waiting for the head nods that would indicate that she has the right of it.
"Ok, so, on the one hand, if we parachute in, there is no protection from being "noticed" by an awakened on our descent. In addition, there is some very slight possibility that a non-awakened might notice us too, at least before it's too late. Further, we won't have the benefit of either cover, nor even being together as a group, if the opposition does happen to notice us and get themselves together and prepared. On the other hand, it's really difficult to plan an ambush in 3 dimensions. We metahumans generally think in 2 dimensions, typically excluding "up" from our planning. At least, as that pertains to straight up... We plan slightly for some vertical variance, but not even much of that.
"On the other hand, if we come in on foot, even with Astral scouting, there still could be traps and an ambush, and we could very well not notice it.
"Did I get all that?"
Ashe asked, having summed up the two arguments. Again, she waited for the nods.
"Ok, carry on." She said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun May 20, 2012 8:05 am

Specter sighed. "Look foxy girl if you want to jump out of a t bird, fine. It's a good idea for getting there in the physical anyway. But we should look at the place before we jump out of it. Ok? At the first sign of magical observants we can turn our tails and come back."

Then looking at Ashe: "We can project from up here, do the recon, come back and then jump. I probably wouldn't even need a parachute." She grinned. "I think that would give us the best info and the best approach."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

“Ok I's don’t think me jumping out o’ nothing is a good ideas…” LT Exclaimed. “I's gonna drop like a rock, but if wees all going, then wees all going…” He grunted. Then he checked his weapons again to make sure he was locked and loaded.

He thought about what they were about to do… And he hoped they were in the green, but he really did not smell set up from the story he was given… He just smelled set up everywhere. While he wished he was smarter, But it was not really his job to be the brains. He was more soldier then shot caller. He guessed everyone had a position on the field. He wanted to be clear on his… LT was intimidating to look at and would give most mundane meta’s pause before striking… It was probably assumed by most that LT would draw agro on the battle field a tank of sorts… He was good in close combat and knew his way around a pistol as well as various other fire arms but he mostly concerned himself with the, well being of the rest of the team. Now they were all going to be in danger. To that end he would as mentioned draw the fire on the field best he could. He also thought about how his SWAT armor suit would work with that roll. He hoped it would allow him to get in close to the enemy close enough to engage them hand to hand, but then again if they had mages and they most likely did. He thought it better to go with the side of caution in his gut. That would present a whole new problem…

LT would just have to wait, he figured, and he did not mind that he was not that smart... He sat there strapped in and said nothing much else really. Just mentally pre-paired himself as often he did before a run… Trying to figure out how he would manage a HALO jump… He’d heard of them stories from the Mercs. However he never imagined he needed to do one “Be ready for anything!” JOB would say… This must be what he meant…

All the talk about leaving their bodies was weird to LT Magic was an extension of himself the force of his will over his crude body of matter... He never focused on the fact that he was doing the mystical things. When he'd learned to use the energies coursing through him, and there was plenty of that force. He'd never so much as uttered an incantation. magic was that feeling that shot through him as he picked up speed it was the burning in his chest, hands and feet, running up and down his spine when he attacked, or was attacked by someone... The tug on his soul when he looked inward. Job had taught LT to focus on a spark inside himself. Then "make it grow into a flame, that flame becomes a fire, that fire becomes an inferno that inferno becomes your source..." LT had not been real good at that exercise. But he'd gotten to the fire... The inferno...? Not so much, but he figured If JOB was here he would say "they" all got to the inferno part He had a lot of work to do. But being one of the youngest on the team that much was evident...

He sat back the secured seat strapped in and closed his Eyes He missed JOB and he wished he was here smoking those cigars he often smoked. He concentrated on his inner spark, mentally breathing on it, feeding it, preparing it for ruff times ahead... The spark quickly illuminated into a flame. He opened his eyes, and LIL'Tiamat was ready...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Mon May 21, 2012 12:12 pm

"Ok look folks. Before you start seriously considering the part about jumping out of a plane? First off how many of you have any training what so ever in using any sort of parachute? And even if you do, where's your shute to do the jump with? I for one haven't ever jumped out of an aircraft and a HALO jump is dangerous, far as I understand, for even trained professionals. Finally, last I checked, we don't have any parachutes suitable for the job, if we even have any at all. It's a good idea in some cases I'm sure but before we start pulling stuff like that off we need to actually train, and that's not something we have the time for right now." Kesslan pointed out in an even tone. "Which puts us squarely back to using what we DO have. Drones, Magic and what vehicles we have."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Once everyone was seated, the Jet lifted off quickly and quietly.
"Wow. These upgrades really do make a difference!" Eleanor exclaimed over the speakers. She'd been driving the Jet for more than a week now, using the upgraded VTOL the whole time, but perhaps for a pilot AI like her, it was still a pleasure to have such an effective upgrade at her fingertips.
"Err... Glad we could provide them to you Eleanor..." Ashe responded with a grin. Obviously, since the group had stolen the Jet from the UCAS base, there was very little control the group had had over what enhancements had been on the Jet when they took it. That said, they would be quite satisfied if they were able to continue to upgrade.
"So, back to the matter at hand: no Jumps? Ok. Fine with me." She smiled. At least, she smiled on the outside. On the inside, she was delighted that they wouldn't be hurling themselves out of the jet looking to approach the ground with the utmost possible speed. Like Specter, she could slow her own fall. But why take the chance? What if she couldn't maintain her concentration during the fall? What if she bumped her head on one of the others? Then she would be a burden, no longer a contributor...
"So that takes us back to the standard ground approach, right?" She asked, making sure that she really did understand what Kesslan, and the rest of the group, were all discussing. She was not, after all, a tactician nor military strategist. Not, at least, on the battle field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun May 27, 2012 3:46 pm

LT got up and went to his truck in the hold. when he returned in his hand were somethings that looked like credit cards from the early pre COM days... LT Handed them one to each member going with. Then he spoke "I figure what ever the plan pretty kitty there comes up with..." and he pointed to Kess "We's gonna be needin these" He handed the RFID tags out "These will identify you as a friendly when the auto fire starts peeling from the Ruhmetall i got back here starts going off, that way none of you have gaping wholes in yous..." he paused for dramatic effect and then continued "Maybe our AI friend could get a lock on every ones tags so we know at least where we all are or maybe not up to yous and it. I mean we're not going in there bunched up and easily targeted right? Am I right...?" he put his tag in his boot and then sat back down... To listen to the plan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun May 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Kesslan eyed the RFID card with some degree of suspicion. "The only issue i see is they could potentially give our positions away, though I guess that won't matter too much once the shooting starts. I'm also not so sure I trust smartlinks for that kind of thing. All it needs is one tiny glitch up and you've just shot a friendly." the shifter was clearly skeptical of the whole thing but then shrugged "I suppose though generally safe enough if the military uses them." he paused before looking around at the others "Well since we can't use Alexia's suggestion at this time, and no one has presented any alternatives I think our best bet is to try and locate a landing zone out of view from the warehouse, unload our vehicles and proceed by ground from there. Mean while, if one of our hackers could try and get some some satellite photos or blue prints of the area, that would be a great help."

He paused yet again before adding "Speaking of Alexia's suggestion, since we do have this lovely aircraft to use, how do people feel about training to do HALO jumps? It could come in handy in the future, but I won't have folk who don't know what their doing trying it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sun May 27, 2012 5:46 pm

if im going to be going anywhere in this thing i sure as hell want multiple ways of disembarking from it, so im down to go with the training. However seeing as i've been selected to go on this mission i have no other choice but to differ to the consensus of the group. she places the RFID tag she had be given inside her form fitting armor. however im good to go whenever we're ready
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 29, 2012 9:16 am

GM Update: Seig joined the flight. Sureal noticed him in the cockpit when she went up there to lounge; since she had the better claim on the chair, she kicked him out and he came back to the cargo hold to take a seat with the team.

"Ok, done, and done." Eleanor's smooth multitonal voice sounded over the speakers.
"Hunh," Ashe said.
"Eleanor, the speakers are sounding better. Have you upgraded them?" She asked. Just as she finished, there was a "tip" backward in the Jet, and a hard deceleration. Because of the G-Forces involved, and the impressively expert piloting, there was little discomfort for the group, as Eleanor had perfectly angled the jet to catch the deceleration in a "downward" feel. The jet "tipped" forward slowly, as the jet lost speed, presumably approaching somewhere Eleanor felt comfortable landing.
"Why, yes. I did. Thank you for noticing!" Eleanor responded after the deceleration ceased. A quick look out the drivers-right side of the jet would show city lights. Eleanor was settling the jet down, somewhere.
"Ok. We're here." She announced as a few thumps and bumps announced that the jet had touched down. It was unsurprisingly smooth, considering everyone on the Jet (except Alexia) had ridden with Eleanor before. The rear ramp opened, and LT's Truck started to back out. Ashe, Kesslan, and LT, having worked with Eleanor before, sprang in to action, releasing the restraints on Kesslan's bike. As soon as that was free, it backed itself out as well.
"Ok, I'm coming with you all. Sureal is staying here. LT: park further away from the warehouse than you would normally like: Sureal put the Nexus in the truck, so she should be able to stay "local" with you all while you're heading in.
"Umm... But park within 500 Meters."
Eleanor stated. The last part coming from the speakers in LT's truck. Aparently Eleanor had already taken her seat, as things go...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Specter checked the rfid tag where she had put it in her coats inner pocket. “I sure hope this little gadget won't make me pop up as a red light on the display of whoever is inside that warehouse.” She smiled at LT to show him she wasn't that serious. Although she did feel a little nervous about the card.

The elf girl decided to sit down in the back of the car. “Once we're parked, I think we should take a peek on the astral.” With a look at Alexia she added: “Carefully of course.” I never had any problems with getting a first look at a target by projecting. All you have to do is avoid attention, Specter thought to herself. “Recon from multiple sources, right Kesslan?” She grinned amused.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Tue May 29, 2012 4:11 pm

With a jerk of her head towards the cargo hold where the rest of the team were preparing for a rapid debarkation, Sureal silently let Seig know it was time for him to move out. Seig didn't mind the technomancer's brusque behavior. She had work to do in the cockpit and they were all on edge with battle nerves.

Responding to Sureal in kind; namely with silence, Seig made his way through the jet to the rear hold. The section was frantic with activity, but it was an orderly chaos. The vehicles were being quickly unbound and driven down the loading ramp with practiced precision. Those not involved with the vehicles were making last-minute equipment checks and, depending on each individual's abilities and skills, preparing spells, focusing inner powers, or readying weapons.

Seig, an adept himself, first took a proferred RFID tag and slipped it absently into one of the many zippered pockets of his form-fitting full-bodysuit armor; drew his semiautomatic pistol; and jogged lightly out of the aircraft.
Crouching as he ran to make himself less of an easy target in case of nearby enemies, Seig moved quickly and quietly to one side of the cargo ramp and scanned the exterior area on his side. This would give the others some safety as they disembarked. He had to trust that someone else would follow his lead and cover the other side. For now, until they had a better idea of the condition of their landing site and what, if any, threats there might be in the vicinity, it would be better to keep radio chatter to the barest necessity.

Observe in Detail
Intuition4+Perception3+Enhancement3 = 3 hits
(Gala, this test is not so much to itemize what Seig sees in general, but more to be aware of potential threats and/or anyone or -thing approaching the aircraft.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed May 30, 2012 10:02 am

"Ok. Looks like I'll be sticking around and watching the jet..." Viking said over the commlink. He frowned slightly, then noticed that Sieg was guarding one side of the exit ramp. He hurried down, preparing himself for guard duty on the other side.
"I got the other side, Sieg." He said. If he was upset with how things turned out, he wasn't showing it. And someone did have to guard the jet.

Ashe climbed in to the car next to Specter, showing no desire what-so-ever in driving the vehicle. It was LT's truck; he can drive.
"I agree, though we do need to be careful. I'll come along, if you don't mind?" Ashe said. Like Specter, Ashe was a full magician, and quite capable of Projecting.
"Alexia, are you capable of guarding our bodies while we're out?" Ashe asked, with no intentions of impugning Alexia's combat ability at all.
"Umm, I mean, from Possession Spirits, or other Magicians... You know?" She added quickly, having realized that her first question might have been taken the wrong way.


The area - Sieg's perception test
It's too dark to tell for certain, but it looks like the same large grassy field that the Jet was found in before. The same field that the 4 new recruits played their strange game of tag in as a part of their "audition" bonus. Sieg was fairly certain that it was the same field. Which would mean that they landed a few miles from the port. At least, by car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 am

Once the aircraft touched down, Kesslan set about getting the vehicles the team had brought along ready for disembarking and making sure everything they needed would be properly spread out among the group. He then ran some last minute checks on his armoured suit's systems. In all the commotion these last few days, the shifter had almost forgotten about the milspec suit he'd ordered through Lil'T's contacts oh so long ago. Hell he had barely enough time to get it fitted between the attack and having to ship out again. He just hoped those left behind on the island actually at least got started on fitting a few of the stolen heavy suits as he'd requested. He was certain the island would get hit again and with the forces so divided he felt it was important the team have as much going in their favour as he could possibly stack up. He then went about making his final gear and armament selections for this particular bout of the run, having expected heavy resistance he'd packed for it accordingly, at least personally speaking. While he would have liked to take the Barret along this run, it just wasn't practical due to it's bulk and the fact he'd had no idea what his exact role would wind up being this time out. As a result he'd packed the much more compact Desert Strike. While he'd had both rifles modified so that they could be fairly easily broken down, he was already packing rather heavy to begin with, he wasn't sure he would have the time to setup and assemble the larger rifle and the Desert Strike was far more fluid in combat than the massive Barret ever would be, simply due to the often unwieldy size difference.

This would keep him sufficiently busy while the others attended to the matters of recon as well as their own preparations, and then they could worry about trying to form a plan. None the less he already expected to take point, given that he had far better protection than the others and this was, he was expecting, to be a risky deal with possibly two or more parties involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 am

Ashe watched the commotion as Kesslan and the other "physical" team members started unloading their gear, packing the truck, and generally preparing for an assault. It wasn't terribly useful to have a gun skill if the weapon was in your duffel bag in the back of the truck when it came time to use it. They were doing their general stuff; checking their weapons, loading and checking again.
]b]"Shall we,"[/b] Ashe began, followed shortly after by slumping in to the seat. Ashe projected her spirit, her soul, out of her body, taking her Astral form and immediately materialized to the physical to finish her thought.
"Go scouting now?" She finished, looking at Specter. Only Specter, Viking, and Ashe would be able to make this trip; and Viking had other duties. That left Ashe and Specter.
"Alexia; please keep an eye on our bodies. It would be inconvenient if we returned to have to fight a spirit out..." Ashe's spectral form said to Alexia. Her materialized form looked a lot like her physical form, with the obvious exception that it was spectral, somewhat translucent, and not entirely formed. And it wasn't grounded...


Game Stuff
@Jagger: There is movement at the very limit of Sieg's vision.
Sieg can clearly see the dark outlines of the trees surrounding the field against the slightly lighter backdrop of the sky; scanning about Sieg can equally clearly see in which direction is the city-proper; the sky is significantly lighter. The movement that Sieg can just barely see is coming from the darker side; i.e. coming in from away from the city.
If Viking sees anything, he hasn't mentioned it. As a reminder: Sieg is an Adept, and is familiar with the concept of the Astral (though without astral sight Sieg hasn't directly experienced it). That means Sieg might know to ask Viking to check in Astral to see if he can tell what's out there better. Knowledge Magic (or similar) skill threshold 1 to know; conversely knowledge battle/tactics/similar threshold 3 to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:37 pm

LT Listened and watched as every body got the led out. Vehicles unpacking themselves it was all very unnatural to Lil'tiamet even for this time period, and he really did not like the AI poking around in his Baby. LT loved that truck. Since he was a kid he always wanted some rolling heavy metal and with the hidden gun mount in the back plus armor this truck qualified as heavy metal...

Gala wrote:
"LT: park further away from the warehouse than you would normally like: Sureal put the Nexus in the truck, so she should be able to stay "local" with you all while you're heading in.
"Umm... But park within 500 Meters."

LT popped himself in the forehead "Nows the damned AI's giving orders" immediately looking Kesslen's way "I did not sign up to do's the bidding of some hopped up tech yous heard, you talk to it or i will... And what's a nexus and why again is it in my truck." Looking around the question was probably a dumb one, as his truck stood the best chance of holding any big equipment save for the space occupied by the machine gun, Ashe and Specter could easily fit in one troll sized back seat but also the ammo been was back there. It would be tight considering all these things in there... LT Held up his hand before Kess could utter a word (Weather he would or not), and spoke for himself "Hey Digi-chica yous mind not telling me's whats to dos since you don't want me's telling yous whats to do. Remembers you said that's to me when i asked for a solid." He did not wait for a response he kept going finishing up quickly so as to not keep everyone. "Another things too a meta's truck is like his mobile castles in this castle im the king it goes where i say when i say no talk back. If I say you can drive it feel free but i doubt ill be saying that much. I don't know sit in the lighting systems or something but stay out O' me's way... Not once did he yell but his voice was stern enough that it was obvious LT meant business he'd never gotten over being snubbed by a machine. especially from the perspective of the only member of the team the AI seemed to fire off at. Now it was ordering him around and taking up refuge in his baby. No one had told or asked him too but he felt thats where he was needed most until asked to handle something else...


He then looked to Ashe and Specter fading in the back of the truck "I got you's" and he shifted his site into the astral waving to Ashe's astral self as it left its body and displaying his magic NoDaiChi which on the astral seemed to be asleep.... He closed the door to his truck and stood in front of it. paying no mind to the AI or anyone else for that matter he had to watch the meat sacks the mages left behind till they got back with the intel...

LT decided since he had nothing better to do to scan the area while he had a minute everyone else was pretty alert save two mages projecting. As a hood or bouncer or even hired guard (sometimes) LT always had to be alert. This was not new to him but he had no real practice with all present so he found himself searching where best to display his skills set. guarding the body's of the Magicians was perfect and he scanned the area for living threats...

Scanning for life signs 7 dice = 2 hits but two ones uh oh lol


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   

Back to top Go down
 
A Time for Secrets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» who is your favorite anime character of all time?
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Time That Needs to be Spent
» Explorin' time!
» Strongest Crew Member (Time Skip)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: