Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSome questions .. SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Some questions ..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Some questions .. Empty
PostSubject: Some questions ..   Some questions .. EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:16 am

Hi there,

I'm on of the newbies here and while creating my first character for running here a few questions came up:

1) How to role perception
If a character has different dice pool sizes for visual and audio perceptions (and both apply to the situation), do you roll them separately or not?
E.g. Growl has a +3 dice pool modifier for visual perception due to his contact lenses with Visual Enhancement buildin.
So his dice pool for audio perception is 4 Intuiton + 3 Perception Skill = 7 D6. For visual perception it's 10 D6.

In a situation where both kinds of perception apply do I make one roll with 10D6 and just count the hits of the first 7 dice for the audio part, or do I make two indpendent rolls, one for audio, one for visual?

2) Improve skills which are specialized
I did not find specifics in the rule book. Is it possible to improve a skill where you already have a specialization? And if so, is the specialization lost in the process or is it still the normal +2 pool modifier? E.g. Growl has a Blade (Axes) skill of 3(+2). Is it possible to improve this skill later to 4. Is it Blades 4 after the improvement or blades (axes) 4 (+2)?

3) Shotgun damage
I just realized a hunting rifle would go better with the characters background, but anyway: I'm not sure if I fully understood the specifics on shotgun damage in the core rulebook (p. 144). Growl uses a Frenchi Spass shotgun (damage 7P, AP -1). If I use slug rounds the weapon's choke is useless and the 7P,-1AP is the damage, right? And if I use shot rounds it is possible to hit multiple targets using the spread but the modifiers mentioned for the different choke settings are applied, e.g. 9P,+4AP for a Narrow Spread using the Frenchi Spass?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yours
Stampa
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Some questions .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions ..   Some questions .. EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:31 am

1) You make 2 separate rolls, and post both for the GM to review. The GM will determine what information you gain, and will decide whether or not to tell you which pieces of information came from one type of perception or the other.

2) The specialization applies a dice-pool-modifier, it is not a separate skill. So when improving Blades, you are improving Blades. The specialization is unaffected by, and does not affect, the expenditure of karma for that purpose. (Note: There are similar situations, which would seem like they are equivalent, but end up being the opposite... So this is a specific circumstance.)

3) You are correct with all of your assumptions. The slug is unaffacted by the choke. The choke settings apply only to rounds with "spread" as a consideration for their damage.
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Some questions .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions ..   Some questions .. EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:35 am

Thanks for the fast answers.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Some questions .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions ..   Some questions .. EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 am

Happy to help. Feel free to post up any other potential questions you may have. We here are always willing to work with new players.
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Some questions .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions ..   Some questions .. EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am

I guess more question will come up while playing. Assuming there will be an open spot sometime. But first I have to get the character background finished Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some questions .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some questions ..   Some questions .. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some questions ..
Page 1 of 1