Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 On The Run

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 303
Age : 30
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:15 am

Trix nods at MarioVery well you just concentrate on working on that device to disable the escorts,I'll have Dusty look up the information. he looked over at Dusty and smiled. Dusty do what you do best and get the information we need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 36
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:29 am

OOC: Would you all please put quotes around your dialogue, if for no other reason that literary continuity? Just changing the color is somewhat visually confusing.

Breaker listens to Mario's response with a frown. He was right, and not right, both at the same time. This was going to be an interesting discussion to have... "Well, I see your point. There is usually a simple way of solving any problem. I think maybe we are considering something far too complex. If we are willing to use a trigger to blow up the car, why not just use a trigger to drop a spike strip? It isn't hard to calculate the distance in front of the trigger that the spike strip would have to be to be effective. Then, instead of "smoke" you would just need some light fog.
"And if not that, then let's just set up one of you who'se good with a gun in the right place to shoot out the tires? Runflats are not that common, even on security vehicles. And, like I said, I can always stop one vehicle."
The concern and concentration on her face for the first part of the statement melted into a grin of confidence, and mischief. Breaker was good at her part of the job, and she most definitely enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beetayasol
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 33
Age : 35
Location : Fort Worth, TX
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Beetayasol
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 am

"Even simpler, we just have somebody run across the road with a spike strip." Mario stated. "In your case Breaker, where will the spike strip be dropped from? Something will have to be across the length of the road if we want to trigger a spike strip to drop." Mario thought for a moment. "A spike strip needs to be dropped from something, and trying to hide a drop box, with a spike strip inside, in the middle of the road is almost impossible," he stated. "For your proposal of the spike strip, the best that we could probably do is to set something up that drags the spike strip from one side of the road to the other, as having a box in the middle of the road is too obvious." Mario looked at Breaker. His arms crossed and his eyes with a stare. He was interested in learning where Breaker wanted to put the spike strip. "I don't mean any disrespect Breaker, however, I would like to hear how you plan on getting the strip to be in the center of the road in a way that they will not notice as we can't just press a button and it magically appears in the middle of the road." He looked right at Breaker waiting for her reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 36
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:30 am

"Hmm... Magic... That's really not a bad idea. I can consider that too, but I had been mostly considering technology." It isn't actually clear whether Breaker was deliberately misinterpreting Mario's statement that it might just "magically" appear, or if he had triggered the idea in her head, and that this was an honestly considered new notion. "As far as what I was proposing: there are a couple of ways to do it. And let's remember, this is not my expertise... First, the spikes could be laid down on the road, and the trigger would pop them up. Second, there could be a wire across the road, and the trigger would simply cause the wire to retract, pulling the spikestrip. Also, we could just as easilly launch some caltrops into the road from a short distance. Again, a good granadier, with a little bit of math, should be able to make sure to land them in the right place at the right time. Also," She continues, completely forgetting that again, this is not her specialty. That doesn't make her ideas any less valid, but it would be up to someone who knows more about this stuff than her to flesh them out into usefull plans. "Also, since most spike strips are rolled up for storage, we could just thrust the spike strip out into the road and unroll it. That could be done on a trigger as well, although it would take some setup, right?" She said, smiling simply. For being out of her area of expertise, they were some good ideas.
"Now... About that magic that you suggested. I am sure that we could use a spirit or some such to do nearly the same thing. A water spirit would be able to cause an ice slick. A Spirit of Man should be able to lev the spike strip in, and drop it. A spirit of beast should be able to attack the car's tires directly. The same would work for an Earth spirit, which would be able to pucker the road into spike-like protrusions. Now, I am not a magician, but I have been running before, and seen some of this stuff done. We would have to talk to a magician to work out all the details. What do you think?" That was a lot to digest. But since she was talking to a group with varied expertise, each of them would know more than Breaker about the ideas that touch on their specialties.
"And remember. I can always stop one car." She said, letting the mischievous grin return to her face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 303
Age : 30
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:43 am

Trix smiles at Breaker's idea"I like the way you think Breaker,We have a task to be compleated by all means avaliable as long as the job gets done" he pauses as his comlink starts to chirp
~Message from the J~
"Mr. Trix i assume you have your team assembled,
and ready to go? Time is money,and the people I represent want that shipment soon."
~end of message~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 am

Hasty piped up as Breakers ideas began to swirl in her little head, but after trix speaks. "Well I'm no Mage BUT! I can use my mind to psycokinetically bend the light particles around your spikes, this makes them invisible to the naked eye and most machines too, so is that one of the things you want me to do?, i should do it right!?!" she shakes her head enthusiastically... she also smiles at breaker as to say im helping!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 36
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:40 am

"Yes! Invis! It's perfect! I didn't even think about that! What better way to time your "Drop" than to have them already there?!?" Breaker gets excited with Hasty's idea. Needless to say, Breaker being excited... Makes it a little difficult to focus; even for the girls. Breaker beamed a smile at Hasty, showing her appreciation for the suggestion, and her agreement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 303
Age : 30
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:40 am

"Were going to go with Hasty's plan. Is that clear with everyone"He looks at everyone waiting to see if there are any objections to the plan.He starts to look over some last minute details on the plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 36
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:45 am

"Hey, easy... Let's take it a bit slower here. Planning is an important thing to work through, not something we should just jump on when a reasonable idea pops up. We still have to work through how it will work out, when/how to decide where the strips go, and what if there is still a technology solution that will work better?" Breaker frowns, looking at 'Trix. It's not like him to get jumpy like things. Trying to read a little bit between the lines, Breaker stuck her hand in to her purse and started to fiddle around a little bit. To anyone else, it might look like she was looking for something. Really, she was typing up a quick message to 'Trix.

To: Trix
From: Breaker
Hey kiddo, what's up? You under a time deadline here? You might wanna tell us, if you are, since you haven't mentioned it yet...
End Transmission


Breaker hits the send button as soon as she is finished, and waits for 'Trix to get and read his message. Since he always has an active connection with his 'link, she figured he would be recieving it almost immediately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 303
Age : 30
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 am

To: Trix
From: Breaker
Hey kiddo, what's up? You under a time deadline here? You might wanna tell us, if you are, since you haven't mentioned it yet...
End Transmission


To:Breaker
From:Trix
Hey B sorry I have just been a little on edge with all the increase of gang activity in the area, And yeah were are on a deadline.
End Transmission
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 36
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Breaker gets the buzz through her purse of an incoming message. Since she didn't have her contacts in for the meet with 'Trix, she had to pull out her 'link to review the message.

[color:9967=dark red]To:Breaker
From:Trix
Hey B sorry I have just been a little on edge with all the increase of gang activity in the area, And yeah were are on a deadline.
End Transmission

Breaker flicks her eyes over the message in her inbox, and flicks the kill button for the screen as soon as she is finished reading. She uncrosses her legs, and re-crosses them the other way, left over right this time. Then smooths out her skirt with her hands. Then she lets her slipper dangle off her toes on her left foot. None of it was meaningful, just a little body movement to give her a chance to wrestle with her nerves in her head. - A Run with a deadline... Better find out what the deadline is. Breaker thought to herself, as she was resituating herself in her chair. All superfluous movements completed, Breaker looked back up and alighted her eyes on 'Trix.
"Hey, do we have the schedule for the trucks yet? I don't recall seeing that on the projector." Breaker says, getting the question out before the group. If they were on a deadline, that would really rough up the planning period, and things might get a little more dirty. It started to make a bit more sense to Breaker as to why 'Trix would ask for the heavy-muscle to be on stand-by for something that could be as simple as a grab-job.
Breaker waiting unflinchingly for 'Trix to respond to her question, all the while wrestling with the questions that his note had brought up in her head.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 38
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Leaning against the wall Duster listens to the group discusion about how to stop the transports, then Trix asks him to go check on a VIN number Duster walks over to Trix get the VIN number then finds a seat to sit in. "Ok I'm on it." Duster says a he click over to VR.

Duster appears as a Brown robed monk walking up to a gated village. Duster walks over to the gate to see a old steel lock keeping the gate from being opened. Well this is standard I need to access the system before I can check around for the information I need. Duster thinks to himself as he pulls a silver key from inside his robes. I haven't had the time or money for any real big programs in hacking yet but I hope this does the trick. With the key in hand Duster attempts to use his hacking ability with his exploit program to gain access.

Gain Access
Hacking (exploit) 3(5) + Exploit 3 (firewall, 1 Initiative pass) extended test.

Note:
System gets a chance to detect me each time I try as below. If they detect me alarms will sound and the search will be a bit harder.

analyze+firewall (Stealth(5)) extended test. (your to roll in secrete GM)

So lets see me or the system which will win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 400
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere in the Matrix
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:41 pm

The member 'scawire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D6' :

_________________
Digital Doom
the creators may die, but the game lives on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 303
Age : 30
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Trix looks at the group and prepares to speak when his comlink chirps again.

To:Trix
From:J
Mister Trix,
The arrival time of your target will be at five tomorrow night.My employer wants the package to be delivered to this abandoned garage in the Redmond distract by six that night. If late dont expect to get paid for your work.
Good luck,
Mr Johnson
~end of transmission~


"Alright folks listen up, Our target will be arriving at its destination at five tomorrow night, And our employer wants the package to be delivered at this abandoned garage in the redmond barrens by six that same evening, and tardiness wont be expected if we want to get paid!" He pauses to think " Lets get the show on the road,if we want to get this job done! "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 36
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Breaker reached up to her forehead and feigned a wiping across it. She wasn't really sweating, but it did do a fairly decent job of conveying her relief."Whew! That had me a bit worried for a minute there... I was afraid you were going to tell us to get this thing done in 3 hours. At least now we have some time to lay down a proper plan, and make sure none of us get fragged doing this job!" Breaker said, without her usual smile. She wasn't joking this time.
"Ok, now that we have some idea of our timing, and of the timing of the trucks, we can start to gain important data about this run... I have a short-list in my head, but if other people have some ideas of what they are going to need to know, let's hear it." She said, looking around at the rest of the group. Breaker wasn't just a pretty face. Not to diminish her face, of course, but she had survived, which said something very definitive. She clearly could do her job. And she had made a pretty good and consistent choice about her team, who also, clearly, could do their jobs. This included her current group. Since Survival, in the Shadows, was the ultimate badge of proficiency.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:24 pm

"Geez" Hasty Frowns "I'm newer at this then most of you. You All know that, but I think our team leader for this mission should go over a play by play for everyone present to know Where their place is, and at what time they need to be there!" She said looking for someone to take the roll of coordinating the run for the team now and during the run. When no one spoke up she said "For example the convoy comes through at five the time everyone is either breaking or leaving work. So its not a populated place easy to get around. that means shadow and like hidden muscle should be in place at 4:45 ahead of time the spikes if used should be ready for deployment well before that but not right before say like 4:00. they'll be invis so no sweat placing them right?! can we get that kinda break down for us Hunter Gatherers who may be a little off on the no plan run?" When she got her stares she quickly piped up "What? i give examples of what i need. what?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 40
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Before anyone could respond she also said "Ill be above it all So i could at least tell you guys whats going on!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 38
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:00 pm

(OOC I'm assuming with nothing mentioned about alarms going off Duster is into the system.)


The wood gate opens before Duster giving him a view of village made out of straw huts. Well I'm in its time to see if I can find the info where after. Duster reaches into a leather pocket located on a rope belt he is wearing and pulls out a white dove. Ok lets see if my small search ability will find what we are after. Duster let the dove go. First we will start with what I've come for and if there is anything of value that sticks out I'll download it too if not my bill will need to wait. Of course only go for the money info if it is not to dangerous. Knowing that he is not as good at these tests as he is with the exploit task Duster switches over to run on a hot sim this give Duster the ability to hopefully stay a step or two ahead of the system. (In hot sim Duster gets +2 to all dice pools and 3 initiative passes each turn.

First the info I'm after.

1)Finding the info:
Data Search 1 + Browse 5 + 2 dice for hot simming it. (this is an extended search with Threshold and intervals set by the GM based on how easy it is to find)
8 Dice

-assuming it will work-

Duster sees that his white dove has turned itself into a Black Crow at a hut to his right. Duster goes over to the hut an attemps to enter it.

-Assuming it might need to be unlocked to access and get the info here is an Exploit roll-

2)Get access to data
Hacking (Exploit) 3(5) + Exploit 3 + 2 hot sim = 10 (Node Firewall/ 1 initiative pass) same as before

-Assuming that worked-

Duster grabs the scroll that is in the hut and decides that he hasn't been in the system too long so sends his white bird out too search for any info that the group could sell for added nuyen.

3)Finding the info:
Data Search 1 + Browse 5 + 2 dice for hot simming it. (this is an extended search with Threshold and intervals set by the GM based on how easy it is to find)
8 Dice

-assuming it will work-

Duster walks over to the hut that the crow is flying at. This them the hut looked to be made out of a wood more then straw. Duster decides to go for the data but only this one file he found it might sell high or be a waste of time he will have to have someone in the group who has the right contacts let him know how the info pans out in the end.

-Assuming it might need to be unlocked to access and get the info here is an Exploit roll-

4)Get access to data
Hacking (Exploit) 3(5) + Exploit 3 + 2 hot sim = 10 (Node Firewall/ 1 initiative pass) same as before

(Assuming that worked)

Duster enters the room and sees another scroll a bit diffrent then the last scroll he picked up but worth a grab. Duster grabs hold of the scroll and leaves the system behind. Duster walks out the frount gate of the village. Before he returns to the real world he decides to run through a few public area to try and make sure that he has not tails and when convinve he turns off his VR and turn back to AR.

Duster can now see the room around him and all his fellow runners. Duster gives the opened data to Trix.

-Asuming the second grab went as planed Duster lets the group know about the other file.-

Duster speaks to Trix "I have a second file here that might be worth some money thing is I don't have a fixer that would buy the stuff so if you or anyone else has one feel free to sell it and give a even cut to everyone here. After the run of course" With that said Duster decides to spoof his comm links access ID. Well I didn't want to spend the time to find the security system that had the data on all access codes on the system to edit my data trail away completely so time to change my links access ID again. To make sure he does his spoof right he reenters VR under a Hot sim and spoofs his ID.

Hacking 3+Spoof 3 + hot sim 2 = 8 (Threshold of 2)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 38
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 pm

(OOC hey my dice didn't show up I guess I post it again

If you need any other rolls let me know or if anything didn't go as the if then program for the run in the matrix let me know thanx.)


Last edited by scawire on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 400
Age : 43
Location : Somewhere in the Matrix
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 pm

The member 'scawire' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'D6' :


--------------------------------

#2 'D6' :


--------------------------------

#3 'D6' :


--------------------------------

#4 'D6' :


--------------------------------

#5 'D6' :

_________________
Digital Doom
the creators may die, but the game lives on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Beetayasol
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 33
Age : 35
Location : Fort Worth, TX
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Beetayasol
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:49 pm

Mario was silent as the conversation became more "upbeat." As he didn't like expressing too much emotion at one time he decided to just sit back. He liked the idea of turning the spikes invisible. He looked at Hasty as she proposed invisibility and gave a nod to inform her that he approved. As Breaker become more "upbeat" Mario's perception became more focused on Breaker than normal. After a few moments, Mario shook his head to try to get his thoughts clear again.

As the meeting continued, Mario became a little worked up when he was informed that the time for this run was at 5:00pm. This knowledge put an extremely unhappy facial expression on him. "Sir, 5:00pm is the time we are to get the truck?" Mario was starting to get agitated, however he paused for a moment and took a deep breathe. "Sir, as this run will be in the evening time, before the sun has fully set, we need to ensure that precautions are in place regarding the vehicles we will be taking." Mario gained his composure back and was talking normally again. "Those cars that do not have morphing license plates AND GridGuide Override should not be taken on this run, as any car that passes an intersection could be photographed and then Knight Errant will know who was involved." Mario's was starting to show that his number one concern was ensuring that the runner's involved would not be discovered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 303
Age : 30
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Trix nods at Mario"Your in charge of makeing sure all the vehicals are ready for the run as well as settin up the sensor , and you might want to add a delay feature, so that way the truck can pass safely over the spike strip." He looked over at the rest of his team, Watching their gazes and looking at there facial expressions.

Meanwhile else where in seattle.....

The Johnsons sitting in his fancy corp. office. Enjoying the high life as most exec's do not really haveing to obey the rules set by society seeing is how they rule the world and everything in it. The J's name is Tyson Maxwell. He's a high end Lone Star executive in charge of lone's stars top-secret military division.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beetayasol
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 33
Age : 35
Location : Fort Worth, TX
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Beetayasol
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Mario nodded. "I'll try to get all the vehicles up and ready." He logged onto his commlink and proceeded to look for some items that he could use to start creating some items for the vehicles. While he was browsing, he made sure to look for the non-restricted items first, as they won't flag his search. While conducting the search, he was paying attention to the rest of the conversation that was before him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 666
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:06 am

Shadow leaned back against the wall behind him as the meet dragged on. Everyone had an idea, and everyone else had an opinion on that idea. That was fine; the more prep you did on a job, the less likely you were to get geeked. Still, all the talk was getting to him. Any one of the plans proposed for getting the convoy to stop could work, if properly executed. The team needed to pick one and start working the kinks out... that would be the best way to tell if an idea had merit. It would also let them move on to other parts of the run: how were they going to get the goods back? Use one of the runner's vehicles? Which ones? Who was riding with whom? What were they going to do if the run went South and they had to geek the guards? Would they try and dispose of the bodies or leave them where they lay and hope that a forensics team wouldn't manage to put the finger on the killer? They needed recon work on the site of the snatch; it always paid to know where you'd be fighting. The more they knew about the place, the better they'd be able to anticipate possible problems and solutions.

And what about after they'd grabbed the goods? It was naive to trust that an employer wouldn't try to set them up. Working up a contingency just in case the Johnson tried to pull a fast one was just good sense. Even with ones you thought you could trust... No, especially with the ones you thought you could trust.

All of these thoughts pressed forward in Shadow's mind, but the man didn't say anything. At this point, it was likely just to cause more discussion. Better to let the group talk until they'd arrived at some consensus on how to stop the vehicles, and only then put forward one of his concerns... if one of the others didn't.

Taking his hat off with one hand, the runner ran one tanned hand through his long hair. Sighing, he rested the back of his head against the wall and waited, his eyes looking nowhere in particular.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 303
Age : 30
Location : Florida
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:04 am

Trix looked back at Shadow almost forgetting he was there " Shadow my friend your in charge of recon, I want you to scoop out the area and report your findings.He paused thinking of how everyone would get to the site." The less vehicles we use the better,We need a truck big enough to transport us all, Excluding Breaker and myself we will be rideing in the decoy car used to stop the convoy." He looked at the clock again." Now does everyone understand there role, Lets get this show on the road,time is of the essence!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: On The Run   

Back to top Go down
 
On The Run
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Kazuki jotaro's games-
Jump to: