Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomequestion about skillwires SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

question about skillwires

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
malady305
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Character sheet
Character Name: Link
Race: Human
Sex: Male

question about skillwires Empty
PostSubject: question about skillwires   question about skillwires EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 am

According to the core rulebook, a skillwire system allow the use of activesofts equal to the sytems own rating. Futher, it states that the skillwire system can handle a number of skillsofts with a total rating equal to its own rating x2.

This last bit is what is confusing me. In my example, if I were to choose Skillwire System 3, the maximum rating of any activesofts I use can only be 3. Does this also mean that the total number of activesofts I can choose is 6 (3x2)? Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Meat
Meat
Ethereal

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Niku
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: question about skillwires   question about skillwires EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 am

Yes, simultaneously. You can have more than that ready to load into the skillwire though.
Back to top Go down
maartendp
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: question about skillwires   question about skillwires EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:46 pm

No, it means you can run a combination of skillsofts with a total rating of 6 (e.g. 3 active softs of rat 2, 6 active softs of rat 1 or two of rat3, or any combination of that)
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: question about skillwires   question about skillwires EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 am

That was the implication malady made in his original post, which is why he was told he was correct. He just didn't draw it out for ever possible combination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about skillwires   question about skillwires Empty

Back to top Go down

question about skillwires
Page 1 of 1