Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeMy character, Ghost SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

My character, Ghost

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

My character, Ghost Empty
PostSubject: My character, Ghost   My character, Ghost EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:16 pm

For now, I put my character in here so you can rip it apart discuss it. Of course I'm willing to edit it if the discrepancies to the customs of this forum are too great.

Ghost

Ghost is converted from 3rd edition to 4th edition. The Excel sheet chara editor states she has 480 BP I know it's a bit much but I think she's far from being almighty.

The 24 years old albino elf girl is about 1.75 meter tall and weights maybe 68kg. Skin and hair are white as could be expected. Her eyes are of an unnatural icy blue color. She wears her hair in a short bob.
Slim and athletic, her movements are elegant and appealing. Depending on the situation she wears either black to accent her skin or white to appear even more ghostlike.
The clothing often bares her mid rim or some cleavage and is in general fitted tightly onto her small but firm curves. Her fashion mostly contains hoods for strolls on a sunny day. She gets sunburns very easily. On a run, she sometimes wears camouflage patterned suits and face masks. In matters of gear she choses quality over quantity. The most important tool is always present anyway, her magic.

Ghost Portrait

Here are some more pictures of her.

Attributes:
Body: 3 Charisma: 6 Edge: 1
Agility: 4 Intuition: 4 Initiative: 8
Reaction: 4 Logic: 4 Passes: 1
Strength: 2 Willpower: 6 Magic: 4

Active skills:
Conjuring (Group) 4
Sorcery (Group) 5
Assensing 5
Etiquette 2
First Aid 2
Pilot Ground Craft 2
Pistols (Heavy Pistols) 3 (+2)
Unarmed Combat (Carromeleg) 2 (+2)
Dodge 2

Language skills:
Sperethiel N
German 4
English 5
Mandarin 2

Knowledge skills:
IN:Classical Music 2
SW:Magic 5
SW:Local Mafia 2
IN:Elven Society 3
SW:Corporate Procedures 2

Positive Qualities: BP
Magician 15
Mentor Spirit 5
Martial Arts Lvl. 2 (Carromeleg) 10

Negative Qualities:
Albinism -10
Vindictive -10
Prejudiced (Specific, Biased)
Bear Shamans -5
Simsense Vertigo -10

Racial:
Low light vision

Magic:
Death Touch (Direct) (F÷2)-2
Manaball (Direct) (F÷2)+2
Heal (DmgDV)–2
Improved Invisibility (Realistic, Single) (F÷2)+1
Physical Mask (Realistic, Multi) (F÷2)+1
Control Emotions (Mental) (F÷2)
Influence (Mental) (F÷2)+1
Magic Fingers (Physical) (F÷2)+1
Levitate (Physical) (F÷2)+1

Gear:
Regular Ammo
EX-Explosive Rounds
Magical Lodge Materials (1-6) Rtg 6
Medkit R (1-6) Rtg 2

H&K Urban Fighter

Type Resp Signal
CMT Clip 1 3

Armor:
B I
Form-Fitting Body Armor Full-Body Suit 6 2
Regular Clothing 0 0
Chic Clothin 0 0
Lined Coat 6 4

Harley-Davidson Scorpion Base Pilot 2
Type Chopper Base Sensor 1
Body 8 Base Targeting 0
Handling 2 Base Maneuver 0
Accel 15 30 Armor 4
Speed 120 Upgraded Armor
Max Slots 8 Concealed Armor
Used Slots 0 Smart Armor

Connections:
Frederic Poole (City Official) Loyalty 2 Connection 2
Jimmy (Fixer) Loyalty 2 Connection 2
Ling Ho (Triad Boss) Loyalty 4 Connection 4

Lifestyle:
Low class flat, one month.

BP:
Attributes 235
Race 30
Special Att 30
Qualities -5
Gear 6
Contacts 16
Knowledge Skills 2
Active Skills 166
Total 480

42 Questions:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Darkon on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: My character, Ghost   My character, Ghost EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:07 am

Looks good, great portraits! A couple things I noticed, and I'm not sure how correct I am on these.
First off, for a 400 BP character, qualities are restricted to 35 BP for positive and negative. For a higher-BP character, these might have a higher limit, though. Along those same lines, a 400 BP character is only allowed to take skill groups up to level 4, meaning you'd have to take Sorcery (Group) 4.
Also, you don't have to specialize down to the actual gun. You can specialize for Hold-Outs, Light, Machine, or Heavy pistols (giving you a bit broader allowance Wink ). Also, the martial arts rules in the Arsenal sourcebook say you have to take Martial Arts (Carromeleg) as a quality (you can take it as a specialization as well). Although, I suppose you can take the specialization and learn the art during gameplay (which doesn't make much sense...how can you specialize in something you don't know?)
Big block o' text from Arsenal ahead:
Spoiler:
On a side note, if you are using HTML in a post, under the text window where you are posting, expand the "Options" window and disable the "Disable HTML in this post" option.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: My character, Ghost   My character, Ghost EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks for the compliment. I made the pictures myself.

As stated, the character is a conversion from 3rd edition. I used a conversion guide and the points settled down on 480.
As for the group skill and total point maximum, this character has already been played. In 3rd edition settings.
I didn't know about the martial arts rule, as I don't have the arsenal sourcebook yet. But I will tinker around a bit and see how I can decrease the total BP and insert the martial arts as well.

Although this is quite how I wanted her to be. Wink

One question though, can qualities like Martial Arts be bought during the game? Can I just leave some stuff out and work towards it, or do I have to cram it all in now and hope the best?
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: My character, Ghost   My character, Ghost EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Alright that makes sense. Here's some info on learning Martial Arts from Arsenal:

In game terms, a character who wishes to learn a martial arts style must purchase the Martial Arts Positive quality for that style either during character creation for 5 BP, or after character creation by spending twice the BP amount in Karma points.
Certain martial arts are illegal or controlled in certain jurisdictions, or are considered secrets not to be shared with outsiders, so characters must engage caution when pursuing them or look to black market teachers/providers. In addition to the Karma cost, a character learning a martial arts style during gameplay must pay for the cost of an appropriate instructor or tutorsoft. Once a character has a teacher or tutorsoft, she makes an Intuition + Agility (BP Cost, 1 month) Test. Instructors can make an Instruction Test to add extra dice to the learning test. All injury modifiers apply, as do distractions for poor conditions, and so on. Many styles are not available on tutorsoft, and the few living masters with knowledge of such styles require gifts and services other than nuyen before they will pass on their knowledge. A character may learn a style at the same time she learns or improves a Combat skill. Note that the advantages of martial arts styles may not be conveyed by skillsofts; only real-life training works.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: My character, Ghost   My character, Ghost EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Thank you for the help.

I edited the profile:

Lowered the skillgroup Sorcery down to 5 *

Removed the Quality Exceptional willpower for 20 BP
Removed the Negative Quality Unusual Eyes for 5 BP

Added the Positive Quality Martial Arts Level 2 (Carromeleg)

*I hope, that is alright because the character isn't mint condition anymore. (Already played in a campaign)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My character, Ghost   My character, Ghost Empty

Back to top Go down

My character, Ghost
Page 1 of 1