Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeWhat do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game.

Go down 
3 posters

What do you want to see in a New Shadowrun Game?
Good graphics rule!
What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_lcap0%What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's all about the story!
What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_lcap16%What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
It better be an RPG!!! (not a FPS)
What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_lcap84%What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_rcap
 84% [ 16 ]
Make it a sequel to Microsofts FPS Shadowrun.
What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_lcap0%What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. Empty
PostSubject: What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game.   What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 11:45 am

What do you want to see in a new Shadowrun Game....
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
BigDAlcala

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game.   What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:44 am

Digital Doom wrote:
What do you want to see in a new Shadowrun Game....

Quite frankly, I think it was meant to be played as an MMORPG. The Genesis version was top-notch, but lacked the overall feel of interacting with real-like characters. I think the main obstacle in creating the MMORPG would be immersing the players into the game, without forcing them to actually roleplay (inviting casual and hardcore runners alike). I think the questing system in World of Warcraft wouldn't work because, in my opinion, runners don't gather up to 20 runs and complete them on their own time. I think having a limit of one, maybe two runs at a time, as well as time limits for each, would fit into the Shadowrun universe. Then there would be the challenge of getting people to group up for the quests (ever try to get a group for UBRS on WoW? Not easy). I think it would be best to, instead of saying, "Hey does anyone else have this quest?", say, "I'm under contract and am hiring fellow runners." That way other players wouldn't have to have the exact same quest loaded onto their quest log to participate. It would also allow for real-time negotiation, as the runners would have to agree to percentages of the overall payout of the run.

Immersion is a must. I didn't even try the FPS, but that's because creating a Shadowrun FPS is and always will be a travesty. It is an RPG through and through, and should remain that way.

Also, it would up the difficulty significantly, but it would be kinda cool if deckers had to actually know what codes, etc. to type while hacking systems. To prevent cheating (as in, "I'll just look up Renraku's system passcode online and hack it from there), limit passcodes to be actual acquired items in-game, and each passcode or virus you acquire only increases the chances of your skills coming to fruition.

Given it's been so long since a real Shadowrun game has been released, I'd settle for a simple sequel to the Genesis version.
Back to top Go down
Psikerlord

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game.   What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:52 am

I think reasonably balanced game mechanics are the most important. The story second. Graphics etc not hugely important to me. Single player or PvP MMO, I like both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game.   What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game. Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want to see in a Shadowrun Game.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: SRO Polls-
Jump to: