Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeWe Be Gangers - Page 13 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

We Be Gangers

Go down 
+5
wngd_phantom
Ghostmaker
Forged
Kazuki jotaro
Gala
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

We Be Gangers - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Leon watched her eyes with great intent, he could here her words just as well, hell he could record them and play them in an endless loop if he had a mind to, but her eyes were the real instructions. "Mon amie Janesta, I have always been your sword dans la bataille, your dagger dans l'ombre. Yet you seem to think that they can tuez-moi?? Janesta, you already know by now..." He leaned close, his eyes shifted from the digital red flames to the original soft sky blue that was his natural color. He leaned in close and brushed the other stray hair behind her ear, whispering in her ear, "...je suis déjà mort. It is you who help me to find the one that will allow me to live. Mon Janesta." He leaned off of the table, backing away from his dear friend, his face retreating under the shadow of his hoodie as he took the chip with her message, downloaded it through his commlink, just in case the chip was lost mid-transit. "I am your phantom, but even spectres must be heard, must be seen, in order for their legend to live on. You're sending me because you know pas une âme saw or heard me, not even your contact, but their security at the warehouse may have picked up the rest of our family." He could easily read his friend, she knew his skills. In death, Leon was an artist, and every mission he created a masterpiece for her and his beloved Anna Marie. Could you do it Leon, could you kill them all, for your beloved petite Anna Marie?

He smiled, but this was not his usual smile, this was of a hunter who knew he had every advantage in a battle, who knew that if push came to shove, this would be a battle of annhilation, with Leon dead, no matter the outcome. "I will never fail or faulter you, I can only win for you, Mon Janesta. You tell me that none of them will parish, then so be it, mon dame. I will deliver your message, and i will convince them this is their only option. We are the only other gang that shares territory with them, they don't have to leave, they don't have to do anything but accept missions from you. Both gangs can protect each other, and not be spread out too thinly. It is the safest, easiest, and most profitable business venture, especially since we use the same Fences." His words rang true to Janesta, it was more than likely the exact same speech, if not damn close, to the offer and explanation she had prepared for what was formerly Marco's. Diable, no one else will die today. Not by my knives, and not while this body and soul belong to me. We shall see, Leon l'arrogant, how long those ideals hold.

Leon left Janesta at the kitchen table to enjoy the rest of her morning, and he was able to catch Tanner as he entered the store front. 'Wow, crazy night wasn't it? All that rain, and craziness and... we're going back to Marco's aren't we? We are aren't we? How the hell did I know she'd be sending us back there, we just escaped with our hides still intact and now we have to go back to a whole building full of guys ready to get revenge on every baby daddy that beat on them while they were kids and take it out on us and..." "Calm down, or I will put you in my trunk, compris?" Leon understood the man's nervousness about combat, most of his family weren't ready for what Leon did for them on a nearly nightly basis. "All you have to do is drive me there, and back home. If things go bad, then just drive home without me. Now go, we still have work to do." Leon followed Tanner back to his car as both men stayed silent, Leon's temporary chauffer not at all happy with the mission that was about to take place, or about the way Leon had just talked down to him. Leon didn't care about personal discomfort, he had a promise to keep to Dame Janesta, and he had a family to take care of. It would be growing soon, and the nest needed remodeling, whether Marco's former crew liked it or not. Leon the cocky, you call me? Aren't you teaching me to be arrogant like you? Talk like you? Lutte-vous? Who is the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who creates him? Diable les confondre?
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:21 pm

"LITTLE BUSY!" he yelled out, a call from tthe outside world bringing him out of the virtual one for a moment. He had made it in, and across his screen, various security protocols flashed, their own monitoring systems working up to be accepted by their new master.

Unfortunately for Runder, it seemed they had worked a little too well, and a flashing beep in the corner of his eye brought him to the attention of an ICE hot on his virtual heels.

He bit his lip, an angry side glance at his stealth program (thanks a lot...) before quickly entering a yet another state of panic. He didn't have enough time, nor did he have a lot of options. The last thing he needed was a node attack just as he'd gotten in.

If only he could...

He paused, looking at the security feed.. he might have to fight one ICE, that might be true.... but if he's lucky... he might not have to fight anymore....

Just as it located his avatar, he quickly tapped into node once again.

DEACTIVATE PROGRAM: Alarm/countermeasures

((Note: Book says it's a simple action to deactivate program, but only lists the skills needed as System. Not sure if I roll system or the program rolls it so left it up to you))
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 am

Runder and the Node
Give me an initiative roll

Runder manages, by the skin of his teeth, to shut down the continuing threat rating. That doesn't, however, save him from the already tasked IC, which was hot on his trail, and has managed to catch him in the Security Room. Runder knows that if he doesn't end this quickly, the IC might manage to raise the threat levels again, and cause more IC to be released on him.
At least, that's what the books say.

Warehouse
"So, jes keep an eye on my guys. They all know you. Let 'em know whatcha need." Joso says in response, letting go of Body's hand and putting a steadying hand on his shoulder. Joso leans back, taking a look at Body.
"Whew! You need'ta get some shootin' lessons!" He says, laughing. He carefully keeps one hand on your good shoulder, while keeping himself clear of the other side.

"No worries Body. Leon took care of everything. You come back here in one piece, you hear me?" Janesta said in to her line when Body's commlink auto-connected.

Leon
Janesta takes a deep breath, nodding. She was clearly troubled by the request, but, despite the harsh words, Leon could see that she was settled by his response. He had said what she had wanted to hear. And Leon knew that she had one of those strange "Truth Senses" that some people had, so she knew he wasn't telling her a lie.
"Ok, head out. Come back with your shield. Not on it." She said, grinning. She expected, but but couldn't have know, that Leon would catch the reference, and appreciate it just as much as she did. Janesta knew that her statement was all the dismissal Leon would need, so she stood up to go about her early-afternoon business. Today was turning out to be something of a busy day.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 am

The warning lights blinked once, then promptly shut down, bring a sigh of relief to the dwarven hacker. He grinned, focusing on his real world voice once again.

"Alright, nevermind I think I OH SH-"

All around his avatar's screen a giant code red sign flashed, forcing him to turn around, only to see what looked like a defender program at his heels. It was the odd thing about these IC programs - you weren't sure if they were going to attack you, tickle you, or just a general 'hello-how-do-you-do' node greeting to newcomers. Either way, he was not in the mood to find out.

"Dwarven Guard, Activate!"

His hacking avatar glistened, coming into full form. It was that of a short, traditional dwarf from the tales before the awakening: clad in an ancient tunic, with a blacksmith's apron draped across his chest. A thick, red, braided beard across its face, and his hair - if It had any - was hidden under a large dual-horned helmet so large it covered his eyes. Around him, the Avatar's screens had taken a stone wall Motif, with icons and selectable programs surrounded by a very peculiar axe motif.

Upon his call of dwarven guard, the dwarf lifted up its arms, and lightening erupted from the virtual ground it stood on, wrapping it in light for a brieft moment, before disappitating. With it's dim, it revealed the newer, more defensive form of the dwarven avatar, now clad in medival chainmail armour, small blue lights glistening from one link to another. His left arm held a hefty looking longsword, while his right had a shield, with the symbol of what might be a dwarven helmet embedded on it.

Taking a defensive stance, with the shield in front, Runder prepared for whatever it was that IC was going to unleash. At the very least, he thought to himself, the program transistion was totally worth the price tag it came with. I'm almost positive that I looked cool there...

RUNDER INITIATIVE: Response (3)+ Intutition (3) = [5,2,1,1,3,1] = (1) ((wow... just wow...))
PASSES: 1
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:46 am

The 'Trix
The ICE came screaming head-on toward you, clearly intent on doing you harm. As it entered your AR space, it's image resolved in to that of a Dragon, black, with bright red flame shooting out of it's mouth. You attempt to bring your shield up to deflect the flame, but are paralyzed by the terrifying visage you are facing. There is little chance, in your mind, that you can survive this situation, let alone succeed.
Only inches from your face, the flame vanishes, and the Dragon Visage with it. In it's place, an Elf-like creature, small, with wings, hovers in front of your face. You recognize the image as a "Pixie". You've both heard about them from the legends, as well as in some of the modern stories. The most famous, of course, is "Little Grace."

"Boop!" The Pixie says, tapping you on the nose with her left forefinger. Shortly thereafter, the Pixie vanishes from view, and you are disconnected from the Node.

Runder: Resist Dumpshock of 4S
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:58 am

Resist Dumpshock of 5S: Willpower (3) + biofeedback filter (3) = [2,5,5,1,6,2] = (3)
Result : 2 boxes of Stun Damage
-2 dice pool modifier from disorientation for 7 minutes
-1 Dice pool mod from stun damage (Low pain tolerance)

The pixie's appearance had taken him quite by suprise - one does not expect tiny cuteness when a dragon breathes it's flame on your form, and he had paused, taking a moment to stare at the creature that had apparently saved non-exisant beard from a rosty barbeque.

It touched him on the nose, and for a second, he giggled (it had tickled), before every single opened window and screen on his commlink suddenly had a case of headrush, and attempted to pull themselves out of his brain.

The force itself was tremendous - at least to him it was. It was as if the matrix itself had decided to reject him and was trying to take back every single slice of information it had ever bestowed on his person. Memories of tri-vids watched, information gained, survelliance footage seen, every thing and anything seemed to rush straight up to the surface, all at once, before jacking back into his memory in the most painful way imaginable.

It took a whole second for the incident to occur, but for Runder, it might as well have been a whole day.

"ARRRRRRRRRRGH"

Runder's system eventually shut down, and he fell to his knees, clutching his head in anguish. A tiny thread of blood oozed down his nose as he gritted his teeth, struggling to keep the pain in. Between the dumpshock, and his shaking, he found the strength to mutter.

"Oh sweet, dear, goodness that hurt... can't... see..."
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:15 pm

The ride was short. No gun shots, no Star, not even a beat cop was in their path, almost as if Janesta's will had kept Societies Law away from them. All for the better, no one quite had an idea of how many bodies would be piled high today, choking the gates of heaven and hell with fresh souls.

Tanner stopped just in front of the former house of debauchery and sin, Marco's former residence where his ghost was sure to linger for decades to come, such was the terror that Leon inflicted, such was his only true sanctuary from Leon. Not to live on earth, or tormented forever in hell, Leon would find him in either places soon enough. His only True sanctuary would be an endless listless existence in the forever nothingness of purgatory, even though, that may not always be enough. Leon's trained and augmented ears picked up the sounds of men preparing for war, orders being barked, the clack of rounds being chambered, the deadly universal sound of 'your fragged' as shotgun slugs were pumped into place. This was Leon l'déterminée's destination, what would surely be a death, a true death, for him, if anything were to go wrong. One wrong syllable, miscommunication, one wrong usage of his changed body, would mean a battle of annihilation. Leon would be sure to take them all with him, leave no one standing that could harm his family. Janesta's words rang in his mind, past the recordings, the AR's and the spectral memories of all those he had dragged howling down to Hell's conflagration. 'With your shield, not on it.' An old Greek saying, Leon would come home with his shield, with his family, he would protect them and carve a bloody tidal wave through the landscape that threatened them. Leon l'arrogant is at it again, making promises he can't yet keep.

Diable le Concernés, sounds like he is worried his stay may be short lived. Leon stepped from his car, patting Tanner on the shoulder as he left his only escape, and probably only protection. Leon stalked up the walkway, it was only a dozen feet or so through unkempt grass, and yet it seemed to stretch for miles across barren wasteland all of which was owned by the enemy. He stepped forward and saw in this desert of emptiness guard towers at every corner and entrance, electric fences wrought with razor wire, and battalions of soldiers all prepared to wage an unholy pilgrimage and march towards His home and harm His Family, not happening today. Only protecting my investment, I can't let Petite Anna Marie be disappointed, we've only just met.

Another few steps as he crossed miles and miles of endless vastness, a darkened sky with grey clouds and sunlight that shown like a spot light, illumanting the target for the enemy. Leon was a soldier willingly walking into the stronghold of those that threatened everything he had worked for, everything he had others suffer, and had suffered, for.

--
Intimidation (physical) : 2 (+2) + Charisma 5 + Nasty vibe 3 = 12 = 5 hits
--

Leon felt every muscle in his body flex and energy flow like an army of insects had just flowed over him, followed by tidal waves of electricity. He had not become afraid, but instead he had become Fear, the nightmare of worlds. This energy rippled through the land, aftershock waves flowing through shrub and dirt, shaking the land back to reality as he walked up the rest of the path and knocked on the door, his face devoid of malice and had held a simply smile of greeting, one that was returned with the barrel of a large rifle as he was grabbed and led inside before he could finish the third knock. Can you win Léon l'insensé, Can you create a masterpiece for your Anna Marie?

A masterpiece will be created for me, Diable le myope, but it will not be his usual artwork. Will it my beloved Leon la confiance? They brought over a handheld MAD Scanner, found no guns, explosives, nothing but massive amounts of cyberwear through out his body, to a point that the ganger that had scanned him had to double check to make sure the machine wasn't malfunctioning. With his arms raised, Leon's hood was removed. Uncovering a body with scars that mirrored that tragedies in his life, and that he was willing to live through endlessly for his Anna Marie. They didn't bother to check for any other weapons, knives would be useless with this many guns pointed at him. "Your smart enough not to sneak in, brave enough to live with enough chrome to run a corpse through the 'trix, and dumb enough not to bring any weapons. I'll give you props for that, but what the hell brings here?"

A chef-d'œuvre of a different sort indeed, my beloved Anna Marie. Leon didn't flinch through the search, he kept his face clear and still, the same smile, the same calm look. This was to be expected, they had just lost their boss. "Messieurs, your AR attentions please, my boss has a proposal for you." Leon merely reached over with his hand and hit a button on his commlink bracelet, playing what Leon thought was a recorded message, instead he felt his chromed eyes and ears turn on unexpectedly. He recognized the feeling as his microphone and camera turn on, reassured by his own PAN's check menu showing their activation before disappearing with an Image of Janesta appearing in front of him a few moments later. "Good morning, Gentlemen..."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:07 pm

"I got ya ma will finish here and head home!" Body said into his COM to Jenesta never loosing his eye lock with Joso... He terminated the link... and Said thanks once again to the Gang leader for showing up...

Then that done, he made his way over to where Runder was as the dwarf had been speaking and it sounded like he was on alert. He started to ask again how he was coming along as the clock was ticking, But the dwarf fell to his knees in front of Body... "TINK!!!" He called out to his little friend who apparently knew stuff about first aid (to some degree thx dude). He himself ran up to the dwarf on its knees, put his good hand behind the dwarfs head and said "I got you hommie you good lean back i got you" seeing the blood drip out of his friends nose made body think twice. This was not over well not really...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Warehouse
Ok, not sure what you guys want me to post up here. Dwarf, good RP, but you haven't posted any actions afterward. Ghostmaker is out for a bit, so he won't notice your nosebleed.
Tink, you still around? You happen to be looking at the intrepid little hacker? He is saying what he's been saying out loud, so you character certainly can hear it all.
Also, none of you have heard anything from Duke; you care?

Let's get some action on this side, shall we?

Marco's Place
"We don't need no..." The large brutish gun bunny began to reply, when Janesta's face cut off any and all of his intended response. His words dried up on his tongue. See, when you live with her, it's easy to forget how much her appearance may actually "bother" some of the rest of the world.
The presentation played through masterfully, almost as if there were unseen hands, holding unseen puppet strings. The Gangers nodded when there was something that should be nodded about. The shook their heads when prompted with a "No" question. They all spoke out loud when Janesta stated "Say that again? I can't hear you." It was a strangely choreographed dance, with Janesta the Orchestral Conductor.

"And so, gentlemen, without further adieu, please be so kind as to furnish my colleague here with your response before escorting him, alive and unharmed, back out the front door."

Leon likely expected an immediate response, be it outrage, or surprise. Or some other emotional response, not unrelated to the events of the day. Leon, if that was what he expected, would have been disappointed, at least, initially. The group of "well groomed" goons stood around, entirely silent, most likely working through minor stages of shock. This, of course, was a perfectly reasonable response. Janesta had not taken it "easy" on the goons, although she had spoken surprisingly well using the small words that they would understand.
As the second ticket by, the effect of "Shock" was becoming less and less likely, as one of them probably would have responded somehow already. The seconds pass 10, and there was some stirring.
"Whu...." A bit of drool escaped the first goon's mouth. He didn't have much else to say at the moment, though may soon.
"Why you!" Began a second with, fortunately, quite a bit more distance than the first. More distance, and a few bodies. Leon could clearly see intent in those eyes, though the brain may not have been responding appropriately, it was responding. Several of the others in the room were starting to respond, though more likely to the aggression than to the message. Some were hefting weapons, others looking around for their target. There would soon be shooting. The impetus was there, despite no obvious target.
Leon: Your radar picks up the movement first. I need a surprise test. If your score exceeds 12, I need a Perception test.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:46 am

Image after image. Sight after sight. Vision after vision. Memories both false and true flashed over and over again across his eyes. Nodes he had accessed, imagery downloaded, shows about Madonnas with rather large bosoms, all came and went as he knelt down, head in his hands.

The first batch of them had been strong, strong enough to have him scream in agony. But fortunately, with each passing phase, their effect dimmed, till eventually it was enough for the dwarf to start talking again.

"What... the hell... was that..." he muttered out loud, although to no one in particulat - he could still barely see things outside of his pseudo-virtual world.."Damn... pixie..Guys, we can't just burst into this damn thing. Its got some kind of god for a security system. The damn thing just dumpshocked me in freaking AR and now I can't get the former National Anthem out of my head.

His head lifted up, and he finally noticed the men arriving, beginning to do their clean-up. With a gasp, he shouted.

"WAIT! Someone! Someone get me their Commlinks! Maybe one of them has a passkey or something!"
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:26 am

Behind his dazed look, and slightly schewed view of reality around him, Runder ha enough sense to stare in the general direction of Body (well, at least body's hand) and thank him for his effort. "I know you got me, but aren't you bleeding to death or something?" It was the closest thing he could come up with as a joke, but when you have the entire matrix jammed into your head cause of dumpshock, you can be forgiven for making a bad comment or two.

He felt something in his hands, and looked down, to see a commlink placed in his hand. "Oh... T-t-thank you..." he muttered, as he picked it up.

"Alright... with any luck... this would have a passkey to the node inside it. If not... then... uh... I guess we could just keep at it till we get in... right?"

He pulled out his own comm - shaped rather curiously like an axe in a sheath - and attempted to connect the two, in order to pass any keys from one to the other.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:59 am

Runder gave himself a few minutes, his head still spinning from the shock of the disconnect, till he felt he was ready to give it a shot once again. His mind cleared, he focused on hacking into the comms.

((HARDWIRE HACK OF COMMS = Hacking (3) + Exploit (3) - 1 dice from stun = [6,1,5,2,3] = (2)))

If there was a secret pleasure that a hacker craved, it would certainly be the art of entering other people's Comms. It wasn’t the peeping tom factor – Runder always felt so awkward if he ever had to hack his way to someone already online. It was the personalisation.

The little things. Where their icons where held. What order they were in. Where they kept their friends. How they graded them. What websites they liked the best, where they kept their tri-vids.

Every little detail involved in the making and creating of a person’s PAN was a work of art on its own. Everyone had a style, a distinctive way of acting on it. They even had their own vain personas attempting to bring them off on the matrix as something they wish they were.

If anything, Runder knew all about that.

But this was not the time to be nosing about. He had to focus on finding the passkey. Besides… no one else was going to claim this commlink later anyway.

((EXTENDED TEST: DATA SEARCH = Data Search (3) + Browse (3) + Analytical Mind (2) – Stun (1) = 7 dice Time lapse (up to Game master)

First test [4,2,3,5,1,2,2] = (1)

Second Test [2,1,1,4,2,4,5] = (1)

Third test [6,3,6,6,6,4,2] = (4) ))
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:54 am

"Wha-hey! I found something!" he exclaimed, grabbing onto his commlink with a dizzying look in his eyes. It had taken him a little bit of time - one cannot begin to fathom just how many catalogues of illegal programs this man had.

"Sorry for the delay, but he had hidden it behind his... rather... intensive.. illegal turkey race collection. What on earth is a turkey race anyway?"

Transfering the contents of the comms - without the turkey racing, last year's Drag Idol, adverts for body hair gel (saving a link to that for later...) - he once again took a bit of a breath, and attempted to access the wireless node, hoping his connection with the passkey was good enough. More importantly, he hoped it was admin, so he could find out what on earth that damn pixie was...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Be Gangers
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Gala's Games-
Jump to: