Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:13 pm

“You may.” She gave him a knowing grin. “My field of expertise lies on the other end of spectrum. Far away from any tech.” She leaned forward, lowering her voice as if to induce secrecy. “I’m a shaman. And I wouldn’t need my gun to defend myself.” She leaned back again with the brightest of smiles, then she emptied her drink in one shot, put the glass back down onto the table upside down. “That was good.”

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:29 am

A slight widening of his eyes was the only outward indication of his surprise. Though magic was certainly not a new concept by now, this was Dicer's first face-to-face with one of those rare individuals who wielded those mysterious and powerful forces. He was suddenly glad he had not approached this woman with a typical meat-gallery pickup line.
Keeping his voice pitched low as well, as though the pair were mutual conspirators, "I must say, you're the first magician I've met in person. You don't appear to be any different than most other metas..." His full grin revealed the truth that he found her quite apart from the 'usual suspects' that frequented such places. "No offense intended, but the trid-casts would have us believe that you're a borderline schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur." He caught the look that came over her face at this, and hurried on. "Not that I believe that hype myself. All media is propaganda designed to control us through the use of subliminal suggestion, blatant stereotyping, and rumor-mongered social/peer pressure. Everywhere you look, listen, and even smell, 'they' have flooded the sprawl with ads designed to accomplish one thing and one thing only - to herd us into the corral of acceptable behavior that 'they've' deemed 'right..."
Abruptly he realized he'd been rambling and closed his mouth with a snap. He looked at Ghost sheepishly. Without seeming to know it, he reached into a pocket and brought out a pair of dice. He rolled the small cubes between his fingers, the movements dextrous and quick. He let the dice roll onto the table, the pips showing a 1 and a 4. His gaze seemed to focus on the empty air in front of his face for a moment as he accessed the club's network, ordered two more whiskeys, then returned his attention to Ghost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:04 am

Yeah, right. Because I look like anyone else. At first she was a bit annoyed. How used she was to such comments. But when he started rambling about, trying to swim back from the shark infested depths his tongue got him into, she couldn’t help it but to forgive him. Once the dice rolled, she broke out into a melodic laugh.
“Alright dice roller.” She hung one arm over the backrest of her chair. “You’ve figured out the society we live in. “But nobody tells me what to do and what not. Very much like you,” she gave the dice another glance, “I live by my own rules.” She gave him a friendly smile. “I’m neither borderline nor schizophrenic. About the rest,” Ghost paused for effect, “you will learn in time.” She wunk at him in a collegial manner.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 am

Relieved that his faux pas had been dismissed - sometimes he forgot that the direct

manner he used in the Matrix didn't always go over as well in the 'real' world, Dicer

picked up the dice and returned them to his pocket. "A habit of mine," he commented,

not yet sure he could trust Ghost with the true nature and extent of this 'habit.' "As

you say, we live by our own rules." He considered telling her how little her albinism

mattered to him - how it actually enhanced her beauty and how she would haunt his

dreams, but thought better of it for the moment. He didn't think he was all the way

back from the precipice he'd talked himself onto and didn't want to send himself over

the edge with any more dangerous conversation threads. 'Besides,' he thought to

himself, 'she's probably heard it all before, anyway.'
"So-" He was interrupted - thankfully so - by the waitress bringing the whiskey. She

set the shots on the table, smiled at Ghost, tipped a sympathetic wink at Dicer, then

left the table. Dicer held up his whiskey and offered a toast. "To hell with 'them'

and to hell with rules!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 pm

“We shall write our own destiny.” She touched his glass with hers, then she gulped down the shot. Again, she put the glass upside down onto the table.
“It’s an interesting habit. Have you chosen chance for your guardian? Or are you simply a player?” His interest in her was obvious and hardly something new for Ghost. But he restrained himself, which was nice for a change. So she decided to be friendly to him. “Sometimes, I like to play poker. Just for fun.”

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:42 pm

Almost reluctantly, he pulled out the dice again. Rolling them in his cupped hand, he leveled a look of resignation at Ghost. "You're going to think I'm a nut," he said with a self-deprecating smirk. "For some time now I've been noticing odd things; unusual coincidences, deja vu, other things - both in and out of the Matrix. Hackers train their minds to be sensitive to patterns, that's how we do what we do. But its a knack that, once developed to a certain level, is always active."
He let the dice tumble onto the table again. This time, the pips showed a 1 and a 6.
Dicer stared at them for a long moment, then raised his eyes to her's again. The
numbers were the two extremes, the best and the worst, and he knew he had to tell her all of it. Whatever came after, he couldn't leave it where it now lay.
"We live in a surveillance society. Everything we do - everything we are - is
accessible through technology, thanks to the wireless Matrix. Exactly to what extent
our lives are being influenced we don't know. Sure, most metas go about their daily
routines with never a thought to how all their favorite food, music, fashion trends,
etc, etc, pops up in ads and spam wherever they go."
He paused long enough to throw back his whiskey and retrieve his dice, then went on.
"What if - theoretically speaking - that influence, that surveillance, was not so
benign? What if, say, someone, or -ones, was using the total global access the Matrix provides to attempt a more direct control? What if subliminal manipulation was only the 'red herring' we're given to suspect, never contemplating the direct control being perpetrated without restriction?"
The whiskey warmed his belly as he watched for her reaction. The dice had told him she could go either way - total acceptance or total rejection - and he had to know, though it could mean he might have to shut her out like all the others and walk away. He knew he might be crazy - he wasn't certain that wouldn't be better - but he had to find another like himself. Someone who could at least accept the possibility enough to watch for the signs. He couldn't do it alone, and he felt a connection with her; a 'kinship' of sorts.
So he watched...and waited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:32 pm

“Of course they do. They want you to buy their brand after all. And all this traceability makes is only worse for us. That’s why I pay cash as often as I can. I know it’s old fashioned.” She switched her vision again and looked at the dice. They clearly meant a lot to him, the way his aura had rubbed off on them. But she was curious if there was any trace of magic in them. While doing so she kept talking. “And as for the patterns. There is no coincidence. I am well aware of destiny. But I won’t let it dictate everything to me. I choose my way myself.” She spoke matter of factly.

“We live in a wonderful world. It provokes wonder. And marvellous, because it causes marvels. The world is terriffic. It is full of terror.” She winked at him. “What our grandparents would have thought impossible is everyday life now. I mean, not even sixty five years ago there weren’t any orks or elves in this world. Let alone magic. And now look around. You will find even stranger beings. Who would neglect the possibility of a ghost in the machine?” She smiled at him. And this time her eyes shared the emotion with her mouth, sparkling in wonder about this magical world. “You may sound like a nutcase.” She lifted her hand to keep him from replying just yet. “But I don’t think you are one.” With that, she let her hand sink down onto the table and rest there.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:18 pm

He understood now.

He saw the tell-tale patterns; The bare midriff, the exposed cleavage, and - most telling of all - the insistence that the 'performance' being portrayed around them was not only the true reality, but to be embraced, desired even.

She was not the one he sought. Worse, she was just another ploy to entice him - an automaton designed and programmed to confuse him, to distract him from seeking out the truth and thereby redirect him into the role 'they' had written for him.
He looked at the hand, casually placed just so, inviting physical contact with its subtle, almost hypnotic seduction. He let his gaze travel over her taut, sensual frame - aloof, yet tantalyzingly hinting at pleasures that might be shared - if he would just behave and turn away from seeing the patterns, from trying to look behind the mask that hid the truth.

"I know what you're doing," he said, his voice now cold and emotionless. "You won't stop me. I won't be deflected by your tricks. I'm on to you, and I'll keep searching until I know the truth." He stood, looking down at her with determination tinged with regret, then turned and walked out of the bar.

Outside, the night was cold. The wind flapped his long coat around his lower legs. He turned up his collar against the chill, tugged the brim of his hat down over his eyes, jammed his hands into the coat pockets, and strode away from the Purple Dino.
There had to be another somewhere. He couldn't be the only one. He just couldn't be.
He would keep searching.
For someone.
For her.
For the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am

“Questioning definition of a copulation?” Ghost rose up and followed him. “I basically agreed with you there. What’s your game, dice man?” While she increased her pace to keep up with him. “You were the one coming to me. I’m not using any tricks. And what truth are you looking for?” She put a hand on his shoulder to stop him, just outside of the bar. “What is your truth?”

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Turning to face her, Dicer's eyes were wild with alarm, confusion, and yes, even a touch of fear. It had happened again. He could remember walking out, adjusting his clothing against the brisk winter wind, and moving up the sidewalk - his mind focused on his never-ending struggle with the chinks in reality. But now here he was; just outside the bar, Ghost standing close - (had she touched him?) - and asking him to explain himself. Had everything jumped its 'track' again? Or was he really just going mad?

Dicer looked at Ghost intently. Would she have noticed? Would she admit it if she had? "Did something...weird...just happen? If you noticed something, even if it seemed trivial, you have to tell me! Did you see something just now?"
He watched her face for any sign of hesitation, or concealment. He was taking a risk just by asking, he knew. The more 'they' caught on to his awareness, the more danger he - and anyone associated with him - were in. 'They' would spare no effort to silence one such as he. Nor shy away from any means to accomplish that silencing.

He took her hand and squeezed it. "Please," he urged, "if you've ever thought that somehow things weren't right - not just 'gee, life could be better if' - but really, seriously 'this is not the way its supposed to be,' then tell me. I can't let you in, can't let you get close, unless you're prepared to go all the way. Your life could be in danger otherwise."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 pm

“The weirdest thing was you walking out of the bar all of a sudden. And that I followed you.” For now she allowed him to hold her hand, though she wasn’t really comfortable with it. “I’m a runner. My life is always in danger. That should be the least of your concerns.” She thought about his question. “Yes. Once or twice in my life, I had the feeling that things are not happening as they are supposed to be,” she finally answered seriously. “Now what is this all about? You got my interest.”

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Though he held on to her hand, he seemed not to be aware of it. He peered around as if looking for - or expecting - something. His nervousness seemed to be escalating by the moment. The hand not grasping Ghost's was plunged deep in his pocket. He held the dice in a fierce grip that turned his knuckles white. Abruptly, releasing her hand in the process, he hunkered down on the concrete lot and rolled the dice. The pips showed a pair of 1s.
"Oh no... Oh no," he muttered, almost inaudibly, grabbed his dice, and stood up quickly. At that instant, the sound of motorcycles cruising up the street toward them grew loud in the dark stillness of the night. Dicer looked at Ghost. "Its 'them'" he said, his voice full of dread. "We've got to get out of here - now!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Ok, I know how to handle that. “Alright then.” She quickly walked to her bike, deactivating the anti theft system, getting her helmet out of the compartment. “Get on and hold on tight.” She told him while straddling the saddle, putting on the helmet. “Hurry.” With a growl, the white bike came to life.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:09 pm

As Ghost got her bike ready, Dicer stared up the street. Several bikes were moving in on their position - fast. He missed her first words, fascinated almost to the point of being hypnotized by the headlight beams, but her urgent "Hurry!" got through. He shook his head to clear his mind, then quickly jumped on behind her. He fumbled about for a handhold then threw his arms around Ghost's bare midriff as the Contrail almost dumped him on the ground. "Whoa!" he exclaimed as they rocketed out of the Purple Dino's parking lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Freedom! She loved her bike. In the mirror she could see the group of bikes that seemingly had alerted her passenger. Ghost sped up her bike, turning around the corner. Moments later, the first headlights appeared in her mirror again. They’re following us. Time for countermeasures. Despite her passengers protest, she slowed down the bike to safer speeds.

She called up for the powers that be, concentrating on the mana around her. “Veins of the city, spirit of stone. Ghost of the pathways I call you so come!” She called over the drive wind. Next to the Contrail, a spectre appeared, glowing like the flow of headlights and backlights. The ghost of movement, of traffic. She felt it’s presence like a weak link to her own power.
“I ask you to confuse the bikers behind us, so they lose our tracks and we can get away.” She asked it, both with her mind and with her mouth. The ghost answered with a battered honk and vanished. With some effort of mind, Ghost managed to keep the bike on the right course, glad she had slowed down before. Fortunately, the dizziness lasted only seconds.

Gripping the handles harder, she sped up again. Reaching a crossroad, she turned left. Keeping an eye on the rear mirror she could see that their pursuers turned the other way. The conjured spirit had done it’s task.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Incredulously, Dicer watched over his shoulder as the bikers turned in the opposite direction. He quickly re-holstered his pistol. He had drawn it in a vain hope of deterring their pursuers. He was a fair shot in most instances, but he'd had little real chance from the back of a moving bike.
Turning around, he clapped Ghost on the shoulder. "That was great!" But his excitement was short-lived. He had noticed her momentary waver, and she was not responding. He tried to get a clear look at her face. "You wavered a bit back there," he observed.
"Does that-"
"When you-"
He didn't know much about magic - next to nothing, really - and he had no idea what the proper terms were. "Using your magic is tiring to you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:58 pm

“Yes it does!” She shouted back over the sound of the bike and the rushing wind. “Channeling the mana stresses the body. It’s called the drain.” She turned her concentration back to the street. “Do you have a safe place?” She asked him, reluctant to bring him to her own home just yet. Though trust is a precious gift that needs to get earned, the safest place I know is my own home. What should I do?

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Faust walks in, fairly nondescript in his lined coat and street clothes, he looks around, and finds a seat where he can watch the bar and door, orders a stout and quietly observes everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 am

The front door opened and in walked a rather tall attractive young woman. Her even with her hair tied up, the loose raven curls fell about her face in a nice framing fashion. She wore a nice fitting pair of jeans with covered boots and a loose fitting light green blouse with long sleeves. She had a slightly asian appearance and a confident stride as she headed for the bar. At first glance she appeared unarmed, but slight bulge along her back and right side showed most likely that she wasn't. As she reached the bar, she nodded to the bartender, who appeared to know her and turned ot get her a drink. She leaned on the bar and pulled out her credstick ready for the transaction which occured shortly after. She greeted the bartender who smiled back at her. After receiving her drink and paying for it, she turned to look over the bar, her eyes lingering on the pool table and then the vid screen. She lightly sipped her drink and tilted her head a bit, as if she was listening to something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:24 am

Watches the young lady come in, taking note of the bulges, and mentally debates what she's carrying. If the gun in the back of her pants is in the waistband, then it's probably a light pistol, if in a holster on the outside, it could be a heavier model. As for the hip, given how loose the blouse is, it's most likely a heavy pistol. Of course, if she had any old-style coins in her back pocket, he could probably make a better guess at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Asha takes her drink and looks about the room. She notes Fauss eyes upon her. She gives him a sideways glance and smile, raising her drink to him then taking a drink. Her eyes glance to the door as if she was waiting for someone, but her eyes stare back to Faust. She kicks off the bar and walks for his table. She glances abouthte room, showing a consciousness of hte room and who is in it. She stops across from him and smirks a bit, looking at him with rather intense eyes.
"Seems your staring, Is there somethin you need help with, chummer?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Faust smiles at the young lady, "Not really, just wondering if that's a Beretta or Colt in the rear holster." He motions for her to join him, if she wants. "Call it professional curiosity if you want, but I tend to notice where people tend to put their weapons, and what's there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:00 am

She grins as she sits, " Professional courtesy? Hmm, a sharp eye and looking for weapons. Well, in most cases, that's would make you a dangerous man, eh?." She shrugs and continues to smile a bit, " As far as 'what' I'm packing, let's keep a little mystery between us, ok?"
Asha sips her drink and takes a slow long glance about the room, the type made by someone who's seen some trouble in her time. " The name's Carolyn, but most people call me Lyn. And yes, I'm gonna ask you want your name is and what you do." She ends with a playful smirk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 am

"Most folks call me Faust," he grins, "As to what I do, I place sharp objects in people and things, until they see things the way the people paying me want them to. Alternately, I prevent people from putting sharp objects into an individual. Whichever's paying more at the moment, really."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:46 am

At a table in a dark back corner of the bar, a lone ork sat nursing a glass of cheap synthohol and brooding over dark thoughts. His cold dark eyes flicked up each time someone entered the bar, then settled back to the fathomless depths of his black humor.
Wrapped in black leather from head to toe, his body was strongly built, though not overly muscled like some of those cybered beefcake guys who always seemed to be the hero of the action trids. Instead, he was built more for endurance and the sudden, 'faster-than-blue-blazes' reflexes that allowed him to draw one of the twin pistols nestled within the custom shoulder holsters beneath his jacket before the other guy could react...or even think of reacting.

He only vaguely saw the asian-looking woman cross the bar to join some slot at his table, heard the murmur of their conversation, but paid it little heed. He took another swig of his drink and looked over at the pair for a few moments. They seemed to be hitting it off fairly well. A thought flashed through his mind - the idea of connecting with a would-be special someone - and was gone before fully forming. He had no interest for that kind of thing...not for a long time, maybe never again. That way lies pain.

The ork drained the last of the synthohol, grimaced, then beamed a request for another to the bar. It looked to be a slow night and one more wouldn't dull his senses...too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.   

Back to top Go down

Purple Dino Bar. Redmond Barrens.
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next