Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomePlayer Dedication Rewards - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Player Dedication Rewards

Go down 
+4
Suspect
Ghostmaker
Wreck
Gala
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which "Player Dedication Reward" do you like the best?
+5% Character Build Points for each Player Rank achieved
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
+5% Resources on Character Build for each Player Rank achieved
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
+1 5 Build Point Positive Quality for each Player Rank achieved
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Flat Rate - +10 Build Points per Player Rank achieved
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Flat Rate - +10,000 Nuyen per Player Rank achieved
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
+1 3/3 Contact per Player Rank achieved
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
+1 Native Language per Player Rank achieved
 0% [ 0 ]
All of the above - "Player''s Choice"
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
All of the above - Specific rank give specific bonus
Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_lcap39%Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:09 am

I agree with Bear. I think awards and rewards are the providence of individual gamemasters. Setting up a reward system that's restricted to a few 'chosen' members doesn't seem like a good way to increase overall player participation. Those players who are unable to post more than once or twice a week have no chance of competing with players who can post every day, and a reward system that they could never hope to qualify for might even cause some players to stop participating at all for feeling unappreciated.

That said, I am a firm believer that 'opinions are like ***-holes; everyone's got one and they all stink.' So there's my aromatic contribution to the general funk
Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 am

there has gotta be a way to make this work like if your post is over a certain amount of words maybe that way even if you post once a week if the post is worth reading and or fun fun fun then you get a bonus. idk i still think its a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Ghostmaker wrote:
there has gotta be a way to make this work like if your post is over a certain amount of words maybe that way even if you post once a week if the post is worth reading and or fun fun fun then you get a bonus. idk i still think its a good idea.

GM: Wow so and so that was a really good post. For making such a convincing argument you gain NPC 23-b as a 1/3 contact. More posts like that and their loyalty will go up in no time
GM: Wow that was a great action description +X karma

You should not have absolute rules for things like this. If GMs feel strongly that there should be rewards for loyalty and good posts then they should give out rewards for loyalty and good posts. There is nothing stopping them, and since it only effects that one game it doesn't put new users at a disadvantage. In fact it still accomplishes the intended goal because people who visit the site will see that good roleplay is rewarded.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Ok you know what bear your right. It should be up to the GM. i stand down lol.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Hmm... Ok, perhaps the list of available bonuses would be determined by "player dedication", but that the GM would be given the option of "Which, if any?"... I can see that working. And, perhaps it would be up to the player to request that a bonus be applicable, rather than the onus being on the GM. So, if you don't ask, you get nothing. If you ask, you may still get nothing.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:41 pm

I think the key to this is, what are you trying to accomplish with this system?

-Is it to just reward players that don't flake?
-Is it to bring in new players?
-Is it to just reward people who have been on the site for a long time?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:11 pm

I think the first of those should be the priority, and a good GM should be able to reward them enough.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 am

I'm not too worried about losing players who don't have the bonus, since the bonuses mentioned so far are quite small. +5% Build points, for instance, is no different than giving someone a free Positive Quality. 20 Build Points, honestly, don't make much difference after 400. They give a little bit of further customization, and make it just that much more fun for the players who have earned that rank, but the difference in actual in-game power is, honestly, negligible. Any experienced GM will know, and attest, to this.

As for what the goal of this is: It is to reward players who are not flakes, and to encourage more players to stick around, and not be flakes.

You are right, a good GM is a goal in itself, and can some times keep players on the site, just to play that game. Those are good to have, an we have a few, I think, here. But it never hurts to sweeten the pot a bit, and give that little extra incentive.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:33 am

It isn't even 20 extra build points, which I don't consider negligible but that is another discussion. 5% per level is what is in the poll. That is a 100 more build points for somebody your level.

I guess my whole aversion to the thing is this. If people want to stay, they will stay. I don't think rewarding people for something they should be doing anyway is really needed. The site already has it's dedicated few. Sure throw them some extra karma if you want, but as a site wide thing I just find it unnecessary. Even giving people to option to not accept a players extra reward character runs the risk of somebody being afraid to "be that douche who wouldn't fall in line". What I would rather see is more effort to bring in active players so that every game doesn't have the same 3-4 people.

Most flakes are because people are not having fun in a game, don't like the other players, or they run out of time to play. I don't see how either of these is addressed by the reward system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Dedication Rewards   Player Dedication Rewards - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Dedication Rewards
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2