Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeBest Served Cold... - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Best Served Cold...

Go down 
+3
wngd_phantom
Wreck
o0jonno0o
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Best Served Cold... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 pm

As soon as Wr3ck has a name and face for a target, he drops all his other browsers on Falcone. And thinks about dropping the search for his brother...

I am trying to work...

Willpower 5 + Intuition 5 = 10 (Threshold 2);

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 pm

The member 'Wreck' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D6' : 6, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1, 3, 3, 6, 5
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:15 pm

((OOC: With 5 hits he closes the browser on his brother.))

Later, when I've got time.

Before following Hafiz, Wr3ck looks at Mr. Falcone. "Can I get a layout of this facility? I need to see if there's anyway that they could have gotten the target out without the cameras tracking them, also I need access to all the security logs and video for the past 24 hours. You can blank out anything you feel is too confidential, but any data that I miss means less chance of me finding the route they took. Further more, has it occurred to anyone that they may not have gotten him off the compound? If the video doesn't show him leaving, and it's fully intact, that means either a mage, or that they never got him out of here. They may have hidden him on the compound.

As Vedere approaches for a hand shake, Wr3ck shrinks back. With his hands firmly crossed in front of him, "Wreck." His hands come up and he starts playing around in the air. Obviously busy with AR.

Wreck opens an AR window to look for Jonathan Belenkiy, of Ares Corp: Personal Arms and Armour Department:
Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 11; 2 hits

He also tries to see what he can find out about the three figures on the video.
Figure 1:Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 11; 3 hits
Figure 2:Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 11; 5 hits
Figure 3:Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 11; 4 hits
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Wr3ck stops at the door to the room. He can see that there isn't anything he's going to be able to do in there. That is, until he sees the knife. After a quick pic snap he sees what he can find about such knives.

Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 11; 3 hits
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:00 am

Before walking off into the room with the rest of the 'team' Marcus would stare innocently, a memory of when he was lost in a storm and Clarice had come calling for him for hours, he had missed her but got tangled in a few garbage cans and gotten spun around. He was lost without his friend, but she had found him and brought him. That is what this man must have been feeling, he was lost and it was there job to find them. "Maybe he went to play with them?" It was a random thought he had blurted out after Wreck had gotten done talking, he didn't know why he said it, but it was done. After he was done recording the brief trid and had gotten the picture of the man that was lost, Marcus would leave for the other room. The man named Vedere would come up with his hand drawn towards Marcus,

stress test
-1 left over + -3 being in a large crowd = -4
willpower 4 + calm surroundings 1 = back down to -1

The closeness of the people in the stable had started to add up quickly with all the newcomers. A smile, not one of happiness though but one of darkness, had flashed across his eyes and he clenched his fists to stop the shaking that threatened to rattle his whole body, but some breathing exercises Matron Sarah had taught him had helped him push through the worst of it. With a deep breathe he took Vedere's hand, shook it, "Marcus." And walked off towards the room, maybe Mr. B was playing hide and seek.

stress test
-1 + -5 unexpectedly touched = -6
4 willpower + 2 helping someone = down to -2

As he came towards the room, he couldn't really notice anything odd, but the knife in the wall did something to him, it brought a memory. His body shook when his eyes closed. He was in a dark room with a bright light overhead, he felt cold metal on his back, "Don't worry this will hurt a lot, but it will make me happy." A familiar voice echoed in his mind. A sharp shiney metal knife was slowly coming towards his arm, he tried to move it but he couldn't, it was tied down with a rope. Back in the barn, his hands came up and grabbed at his head for a moment, rocking back and forth almost knocked him over. The blood from his arm started pouring out as the knife carved its way into his flesh, through the skin on his bicep and on down to his elbow. He screamed as loud as he could and tried to rip free, but more ropes held him down to the table. His erratic movements brought him to his knees. Marcus held his sides trying to get himself to breathe again. Once again in the dark desert from his dream, a figure nearly identical to himself, a black long coat, a guitar case on his back and scars all over his body. A long flowing mane of white hair was the only difference between this man and Marcus. That and the eyes, blood red that glowed brighter than coals in a fire. "I was blind but now i see. I once was lost, but now i found you."

Getting himself back under control, Marcus breathed hard and ragged for a few moments, staggering back to his feet, those that cared to look would also hear him say. "Don't worry i'm fine, that shouldn't happen again, its been months since the last one and i wasn't ready, but lets get to work and find this guy. What do we have so far?"
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex

PostSubject: Best Served Cold   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:38 am

<Starting at: talking to mr. Falcone (sorry I'm in a different time zone here)>

First impression +2 charisma +5 Negotiation +3 = 10 (OOC tell me if this is wrong I haven't played a face before)

Die roll for Johnny
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1943517/
Rolled on: 2009-02-17 09:32:44.947723
1d6 → [1] = (1)
1d6 → [2] = (2)
1d6 → [6] = (6)
1d6 → [6] = (6)
1d6 → [2] = (2)
1d6 → [6] = (6)
1d6 → [4] = (4)
1d6 → [3] = (3)
1d6 → [4] = (4)
1d6 → [4] = (4)

Johnny Listens to the Johnson's story with a cool calmness.

"Alright Mr Falcone, I understand your problem. But you can understand that this is gonna require information from outside sources and outside sources cost some serious nuyen, you scan? Maybe we can come to some small arrangement of an upfront expense."
Back to top Go down
o0jonno0o

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:37 pm

At Wreck's request Falcone turns to Hafiz and nods, "Hafiz will compile one for you and send it to you shortly. Supply him with a node or commlink code to send it to." It becomes clear to you that this Hafiz guy is quite capable at interacting with the digital realm, more so than most 'executive assistants'. The files arrives moments after you specify where you want the file sent. A quick glance however makes it clear that there really wasn't any other way that they could have gotten out of the premises unseen. In fact the route they took was the one that passed the least number of cameras.

Mr Falcone narrows his eyes as Johnny walks forward, after arriving late, to ask for more money up front. (Charisma 5, Negotiations 5, AnnoyedAtPC 1 = 5,1,3,5,5,5,3,3,4,4,4 = 4 hits) His features settle into a disapproving line and he states flatly, "No, what I'm paying you is more than enough to do your job, you'll get your money when the job is done and not before." Under his breath he mutters something about thinking he'd been dealing with professionals before wheeling himself from the room, leaving you to be directed to the executives suite by Hafiz.

Johnny gets some more bad news when he only hears back from 2 of his contacts shortly, and even then about the only potentially useful piece of info if from Rogers who mentions the fact that he'd heard the name from one of his colleagues who was working a homicide of a different mid level exec. The phrase he remembers his friend saying was "Aside from maybe being promoted too quickly, Belenkiy was as clean as a whistle." Oh, he also remembers something about RFID tags or some such, but can't remember the specifics.

Wrecks searches quickly come back with the following results.
Jonathan Belenkiy, of Ares Corp: Personal Arms and Armour Department: Seems to a corporate executive on the fast track to the top, in fact there are numerous rumours suggesting that he was on the short list to becoming one of the next company vice-presidents. The Personal Arms and Armour Department is the most recent in a string of ever increasingly important and prominent departments that he has been placed in charge of. Under his management the department was able to complete their last project, the Mark IV flak jacket, six weeks ahead of schedule.

The three figures in the video: By using a complex search cross referencing the number of runners, the distinctive masks and basic physical descriptions Wreck gets a hit on one of the people in the footage. Tala Blackfoot. The street samurai belonging to the shadow running group "The Black Cats". Her short hair and small stature (only 150cms tall) make her rather distinctive. It's not hard to guess that the other two in the footage are also members of the Black Cats. But whether the other two are Kyra Blackfoot, Lena Walks-With-Ghosts, or Jennifer Sundancer is unclear at this point.

A search for more information on the Black Cats quickly makes such comments as "Four Sioux women, tighter than an urban brawler’s choke hold." and "Clean and professional, they work out of the Hardpan for Sandy." More than one comments suggests that you don't want to mess with this group unless you want to be beat down. Basically they have a rep for being a professional, close nit and very capable group.

After seeing the room you quickly realise that trying to identify anything that might have been taken would be almost impossible, the room in almost uniformly disturbed. But maybe if you search the room thoroughly you might find something useful.

After routing a good shot of the Knife from his image recorder into a 3d object mapper Wreck does a search trying to find out anything more about the knife. He quickly discovers that there doesn't seem to be anything distinctive that he can track down on the object. While Obsidian knives are uncommon and the kind of thing associated with tribal individuals he isn't able to find any sales data or other info linking this particular knife or style of knife to the scene. Though it's safe to say it wasn't stuck in the wall when Belenkiy arrived, and must have been left there by the kidnappers.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 pm

When Wr3ck gets a hit on the suspects, he changes direction with his searches. I've got an ID on one of the kidnappers, I need to go deep to find out more. He sits down next to the door and leans his head back as he slips into the 'trix. First order of business, forwarding the info he found on the kidnappers and John-boy. He then concentrates on what he can do something about.

Let's see what else we can find out about these ladies...

The Black Cats; Known Jobs, Known Mr. J's, Known hangouts, Dealings with Mages, Calling Card: Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 13; 2 hits

Tala Blackfoot; Pic, Rumors of abilities, known gear, associates outside the BC's, Calling Card: Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 13; 4 hits

Kyra Blackfoot; Pic, Rumors of abilities, known gear, associates outside the BC's, Calling Card: Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 13; 4 hits

Lena Walks-With-Ghosts Rumors of abilities, known gear, associates outside the BC's, Calling Card: Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 13; 4 hits

Jennifer Sundancer; Pic, Rumors of abilities, known gear, associates outside the BC's, Calling Card: Data Search 4 + Browser 5 + Enceph 2 = 13; 7 hits
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Best Served cold   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 pm

(ooc annoyed at PC? lol cheap shot)

(Before investigating the room)
Charisma +5 Smooth things over +3 not really confrontational +1? (ooc unless gm says no)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1946125/
Rolled on: 2009-02-19 12:19:05.139354
1d6 → [3] = (3)
1d6 → [6] = (6)
1d6 → [4] = (4)
1d6 → [3] = (3)
1d6 → [4] = (4)
1d6 → [3] = (3)
1d6 → [6] = (6)
1d6 → [2] = (2)
1d6 → [1] = (1)

"Can't blame a man for trying Mr. Falcone, what with all the costs of information these days and all. Your reputation precedes you in these matters.

Now for some questions:

Do you know personally or have found out if Belenkiy had a family regardless of what information is provided on the matrix, trids or even corp databases?"

After waiting and hearing an answer:

"Who is the most recent client that this company is doing business with? And if you are uncomfortable answering that, I understand and it need not be answered."
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:47 pm

Marcus doing nothing in particular except glancing about the room, he was never good at this sort of thing. Also sending a message to Genavieve to see if she might have any information on this knife, or anyone mentioned in the data Wreck had collected.

default perception, intuition 3 - 1 = 2 (critical success on a default, irony?)
Back to top Go down
o0jonno0o

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 pm

(( I hate to do this to you guys... but it seems that of late I've either not had the time or the inclination to post on here as much as I would like. For what ever reason right now it feels almost like a chore instead of fun like it should... so I'm going to take a break and sort out RL and I'll come back to this place when I'm feeling inspired to play once more.

Again, sorry about the abrupt decision. I really dislike the idea of letting you guys down like this, but I can't seem to get up the enthusiasm for it as I did with the last run... I'll get back in touch and we can re start the run when I come back...

Later guys, keep yours heads low and your weapons ready.

~ Jonno ))
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:28 am

Sorry to hear it jonno, i was starting to get in to this run. although how did i know something would come along once i rolled a critical success, always has, always will. Anyways Jonno, good luck and see ya around.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:18 am

((OOC: It's cool bro. I was worried about next month anyway. After March 16th or so, I won't be posting for at least two or three weeks.))
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:49 am

its cool man, cya in the shadows
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:41 pm

((OOC: Damn I just stumbled across this run and realized I was on this run previously with Mr. Grey I think.. DOH, lol))
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Served Cold...   Best Served Cold... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Served Cold...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2