Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:15 pm

The rules for starting play with foci are in SR4 p. 85, entry FOCI. Paraphrased: You may buy foci with starting NY, then bind it by spending 1 BP per force point.

The personalized grip on a melee weapon adds a +1 to combat poll dice. Sweet huh?

I forgot about the BF on the shotgun, I'll take that off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:21 pm

I vaguely remember reading about berserker rules. I can't remember if it was a quality or a adept power... Or if I'm just blatantly wrong... Rolling Eyes 'cause I can't find them anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:03 pm

its an adept power, its +1 to all physical att.'s and -1 to all mental att.'s while its on. and thus far your boy is going to have an armor of 10/6, and anyone that swings back with a punch is going to get shocked as well, your guy will be lacing in electricity, oh and i have him grounded so he can not get shocked. muhahahaha. didn't know that on the axe though, spiffy, let me work on the shotty, almost have it done, and mean, really really mean. would you mind if i took peception off and added the point elsewhere, whats the point of having it if its only 1 point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Do you think I should give up a level of improved reflexes to get berserk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:08 pm

It keeps him from having to default? i.e. -1? But show me what you've got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 pm

for berseker. no you don't need it, your activating the agility and strength enhancements you have now is a free action, it also gives you six swings or shots per combat turn, four just isnt that impressive, especially considering you can now wade your way through just about whatever you want, seriously, one punch and a head across the room explodes.

Disguise : 3
Inflitration : 3
Palming : 3
Shadowing : 3
Dodge : 4
Longarms (Shotguns) : 3
Blades (Axes) : 4
Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts) : 2
Pilot Ground Craft (Bike) : 2
Intimidation (Physical) : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:13 pm

well, it explodes when IT hits the other side of the room... But with reach 3... they aren't too close either. ^)^ Are you going to put him in an electric frills long coat? That's what it sounds like ^)^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:15 pm

when do you have to head to school, cause i'm gonna finish on the axe, shotgun, and armor. Cool maybe Cool thats what i'm thinking for a long coat, imagine all the comic book visuals you get from Thor, lightning coarsing off of him, raising a huge glistening hammer (in your case axe, but who cares), and having an arm that would crush a steel ibeam in a wrestling match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:16 pm

I could substitute that point in bike with a gyromount on the cycle, the gyromount will be less than the 4 I need for the skill check.

In about 30, gotta eat first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm

whats a gyromount do for a bike, and what would you like the shotgun to do exactly? just have a big clip, big damage, and no recoil?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Gives a +2 handling to handling tests in any situation where the character would crash. I could also increase the pilot to 3 (NY3,000) and get Smart Tires +2 to Handling tests (NY2,500/tire=5,000) in exchange for a 20% reduction in Acceleration and top speed. I might be able to get an engine boost to make up for the loss though. But that's still only 2 points vs 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Well, I'm willing to drop the big clip part to get the big damage and low recoil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:58 pm

thus far:

armor NY2650
mystic armor +2/+2
ppp tech Legs and arms +1/+1
ppp tech vitals plate +1/+1
lined coat (shock frills, nonconductivity 6, -2 to conceal) 6/4
total 10/8

Combat Axe 20210 or 21110
combat foci rating 2 (+2 damage)
personalized grip (+1 dice)
lanyard
custom look 1 or 2 (adds 1 or 2 to intimidation)

spas-22 4010 or 3110
grip (+1 recoil)
sling (+1 recoil)
heavy barrel (+1 recoil)
extended clip (+3 slugs)
custom look 1 or 2 (adds 1 or 2 to intimidation)

5 clips at NY15 equals NY75
shock lock rounds 80 rounds (6 clips + 2 extra slugs) NY560

max total NY28,405

i can also add either concealed holsters or quick draw holsters, which ever would like, those are about NY500 extra a piece, give me your opinion on this and let me work on the bike. And i didn't have to drop the big clip either, hehe. you effectivly have 4 short bursts and 1 round before you have to reload with your shotgun, but with dealing +-10p damage, you won't be needing to reload that quickly. max damage with your shotgun is 19p to a person (+9hits, +2 narrow, +1 exploding round, 7p damage, you already have an ap of -1)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:07 pm

And what in the nine hells are you talking about for the bike, what test?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Almost all vehicle tests are handling tests. You check handling when trying to get away from people, in combat, tailing, chasing, crashing.

My idea is PGC(Bike) 1(3) + 2 Smart Tires, = 5 for all handling tests, 7BP
You put down PGC(Bike) 2(4) = 4 dice for handling tests, 8BP. granted I could grab the smart tires and bump that to 6 dice for 9BP, but if I can save that one point for other gear/contacts, I'd like to. I don't expect him to be involved in a lot of vehicle combat.

I can add the gyrostabalizer for 1,800 and get 1 more die for handling tests that may result in falling.

What if I drop the customization with the shotgun and add a foregrip? I can't remember if the foregrip combines with the sling for an additional 1 recoil comp. or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Heh, I could load one of those extra slugs directly into the chamber... Then I either have 4 bursts and 2 single shots or 4 full bursts and one partial. heh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 pm

since I dropped the pistol and pistol skills, I don't think a concealable holster is going to do us much good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:42 pm

so we do the quick draw holsters then for both the axe and shotgun, and how about i cheat a little and get us ten extra bp, drop the stealth group from 3 to 2, since your agility is gonna be huge, you wont need that many stealth points, and it will be easier after your first run to upgrade it to a higher level anyways. or just take each skill at one and have a specialization which bumps it up to a three anyways for 20bp total, either way you look at it, we now have ten extra bp to play with. and NY45
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Or I could drop it and only put points into shadowing and Infiltration, which are the only ones he really needs. How well could he disguise himself? He's 9' tall and carries a big axe.

Can we actually use a quick draw holster if he's using a sling over his shoulder? I know there's nothing that says you can't, but how would the holster work?

Active Skills:
Blades (Axes) : 4 (6)
Dodge : 4
Perception : 1
Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts) : 2 (4)
Pilot Ground Craft (Bike) : 1 (3)
Intimidation (Physical) : 2 (4)
Longarms (Shotguns) : 3 (5)
Shadowing (Tailing) : 1 (3)
Inflitration (Urban) : 1 (3)

I haven't inputted the armor plates your talking about, I'll take care of that sometime this weekend.

but that should drop us between 379~380BP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:16 pm

What if we drop Mystic Armor to level 1 and get the nimble fingers ability? That gives him two free actions/round. So he could either boost both his agi/str or pull a weapon + boost one skill, then he doesn't have to waist a simple action, plus quick draw becomes a free action, and then he doesn't have to make a quick draw test... which could end up with his weapon on the ground... and that would suck.

Ballistic would still be 6+1(arms/legs)+1(vitals)+1(Troll)+1(Magic) = 10
Impact would still be 4 +1(arms/legs)+1(vitals)+1(Troll)+1(Magic) = 8

Which isn't too bad, he's only losing 1 from each, but he gains quick draw without having to make a test and an additional free action for boosting or whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:51 pm

yeah nimble fingers works, figure someone sneaks up close, activate strength and swing with an axe, or agility and shoot, whatever we feel like, then the next turn acativate the other skill and deliver the hail mary full of lead play.

crap, i completely forgot that the magic armor was +2/+2, so he had 11/9 armor? Sariel would have a hell of a time getting a bullet through that. sounds good, probably keep shadowing 3 and infiltration at 3, thats 24 bp, okay on the nimble fingers, its not like we won't be upgrading him later on, so we might want something to look forward to, even with 10/8 thats still a beast to get through, than he has to take 5 damage before he feels it ?!? WHAT HAVE WE DONE, WE'VE CREATED A MONSTER, and given him an axe and a shotgun, with explosive ammo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:53 pm

with everything we want gear wise, including armor, fully upgraded shotgun, fully upgraded axe, and fully upgraded armor, we come in just under the max, NY45 under to be exact, hence why i mentioned lowering the stealth skills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:49 pm

heh, yeah, but to get a new Adept Power requires him to up his Magic Skill, but first he has to Initiate. So... it'll be a LONG time before that happens.

Initiation costs Karma: 10 + (Grade 1 X 3 = 13 just to get my initiation.
Magic costs Karma: 7 X 3 = 21

So it'll be at least 34 Karma to get that one point of Magic for him to get more Mystic Armor. That is a minimum of 4 to 5 runs figuring that the average run is 7 karma. But that's way in the future... Okay, dropping Mystic Armor for Nimble Fingers and either Boost Str or Agi can be at 3 now... hrm... which to do... which to do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 pm

effectivly, agility would be the better choice, while strength would give us more damage with the axe and our fists, agility would give us better aim, better stealth, and better dodge. So effectivly agility is the best choice, it helps just about everything. Its not so much that you can lift a sword, but swing it as well. -Sun Tzu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:07 pm

also at the moment we are at 381 points bp wise, we could throw ten more into an attribute, keep that thought in the back of your head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   

Back to top Go down

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next