Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeCharacter Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 6:50 am

Sounds rightous to me Bro, congratulations on making a character that can make Godzilla crap himself. What should our next project be?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:20 pm

I've been PM assisting T Hawk with his Toshiro character. We could see if he's interested in our help with that. Or we can see who wants to make a viking-themed Technomancer. I say Technomancer because we are working off of a very "Mythical" theme with this so far. Or An Adept Hacker. If you build one correctly, s/he's almost as fast in AR as a regular VR hacker is, except the limitations on Extended tests, but with a trode net s/he can go VR. The other avantage of an Adept Hacker is that the same adept powers that make them so fast with AR translate over to combat as well. Increased Reflexes is awesome for that.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:00 pm

I say we invite him, we can see what we can do to help him out, and a technomancer would be kinda cool to fit into the modern mythical theme we are doing.

I've taken a look at Toshiro, and it seams that he could be a really good character, we just need to trim the fat a little, clear away some things that doesn't seam to make sense, it might just be me and i don't see his character so how about we have him answer a few questions?

In a group of shadowrunners what is your characters roll/job?

Is your character more physical or mentally adept?

What kind of mental state is your character in?

Questions like that would help greatly Hawk, basically try to give us as much details as humanly possible, what you want your character to do, how they do it, etc. Remember in this game just about anything is possible, you can even make your character walk through walls, just might not guarantee there will be a wall there when they come out the other side, just give us the details Bro, later.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 am

Hi guys. Thanks for inviting me. It happens to be my good luck I was reading through this thread when Wreck pmed me my invitation... I was almost to this page when I got it. I love the viking you guys made, and he was really inspiring to see what I could do with Toshiro, but I like your concept of the Viking Technomancer, because the two ideas seem so disparate. So, I figured I'd go ahead and put my my char concept for both Toshiro and the Technomancer, and we can do whichever you guys want.

Phantom, if you want Toshiro's background, let me know. Wreck already has what I've got for him so far, but it's a work in progress, so I've not posted it to the board yet.

I wanted an West-meets-East theme for Toshiro. He's American and Japanese, and I wanted that to work into a variation on a street sammy. I decided I'd like to try a ronin type character, and merge an old-west gunslinger and a ninja , and see what came up. Someone who could sneak in for an assassination, but if that went fubar, who would be able to blitz the enemy with a hail of gunfire and hong-kong style acrobatics. Think Chow Yun Fat with two guns, with a heaping helping of Sanjuro thrown into the mix.

As for the technomancer... i remember when the otaku were first being written, I took a look at them and thought, "huh. Matrix shamans." Perhaps a variation on this for the char? Make them like a seidhe tech witch. Someone who would be a worshipper of the norns ( I remember you guys mentioning this for one of the chars you've built previously). The norns were known as fonts of arcane knowledge and wisdom, and a technomancer could fit this as well. Or heck, even a shammy with a data-jack might fit the bill, depending on whether you want the char to be a mostly matrix based or a real-world tech user.

Well, that's just my initial reaction. I'd love to work on either char. Just let me know which ya'll would rather.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 2:59 am

Hey man,

Well, as far as Toshiro is concerned, I noticed that you have some skills that are a bit outside of what he seems to be designed for.

You've got one point in computer and intimidation. Now, your Logic skill is 3, so that means if you need to make a computer test, you've got 4 dice. But, what are you going to be doing that for? That's what the hacker is for. Let him do it. I get the point of Intimidation, you want to be able to threaten people, but... his Charisma is only 2, that's only 3 dice. That means maybe 1 hit. Your opponent will have at least their will power (probably 3) to oppose you with. He'll probably get the 1 he needs.

If you want to intimidate people, put a gun to their neighbor's head and pull the trigger. They'll probably do whatever you want without you having to make a roll. Besides, your Face is the character that's supposed to be in charge of that sort of stuff.

If you free up those 8 points, you can put them into something more useful, like boosting your combat skills, buying specializations, contacts, or gear.

If you take those 8 points to boost Dodge and Pistols instead of using Adept Powers, Then you would free up those Power Points for Mystic Armor Level 2 +2/+2 to armor, that doesn't count toward encumbrance.

Did you buy multiple types of armor for different situations?
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 am

The point in computer was more a way of using up some skill points from where I yanked them out of dodge and pistols at the beginning (i had them up too high, remember?) I had some BP left after that and couldn't figure out a good place to put it. If I put that back into combat skills, wouldn't that raise what I've got up above what would be legal for a starting char? The point in intimidation is superfluous, I agree, because the only way I can see the char using intimidate is the way you just said. "I need the info now, or I start shooting... starting with your kneecaps." So I'll yank that too.
Yeah, at first I actually wanted him to wear the coat over the armored clothes, but I noticed the rule on armor encumbrance here, so I've just been looking at weather I would rather keep the clothes and put a leather jacket over it (I think that works out) or just keep the coat and spend the NY on something else.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:31 am

Ah, yes, that would put them both too high. Well then... hrm...

well, the final call is yours, but What I would do is pop specialization on Pistols(Semi-automatics) Since you are using an Ares Pred. IV. If you drop that point from your Adept Powers it leaves you with Pistols(Semi-Automatics) 5(7), and you still have two free BPs and .5PPs to pop into Mystic Armor. You gain +1 die to your pool when using a semi-auto, +1/+1 to unencumbered Armor, and 2BPs. The only thing is, that you will have 1 less die if you use a non-semi-auto pistol. But, most pistols are semi-auto. So unless your GM starts throwing a lot of western "Gun-slinger" types carrying nothing but revolvers, and you run out of ammo/drop your guns in a hole, you shouldn't have to worry about that one die.

You could also specialize in Dodge Melee or Ranged. It's up to you. You'd get 5 in the one and 7 in the other, and then you could free up that last point to grab another level of Mystic Armor.

With your body at 4, the best you can hope for is 8/8 armor.

example with your current stats : You are in a fight with BG1. He shoots at you. You first roll dodge: Dodge 6 + Reaction 6 = 12 dice. Not bad. Then if he still hit you, you roll damage: Body 4 + Armor 8 (I'm assuming you get it to max) = 12. Also nice.

If you use my adjustments: Dodge(Ranged) 7 + Reaction 6 = 13. Nicer. Body 4 + Armor 8 + Mystic Armor 2 = 14. Nicer again.

This would also leave you with 4 extra BPs
Most games I've seen don't have a lot of melee combat. The rules still kinda suck for it, although I like 4th's rules better than 3rd's on that.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:54 pm

You guys are fully aware Toshiro only has one initiative pass right, that means only two shots per combat turn, it doesn't matter how well your armor is if i can still pump six times the ammo into you, somethings gonna hit eventually.

Anyways, what i take away is that your want a stealthy character, one that can take care of someone quickly and quietly, but also can hold himself well in a straight up fight, either at melee or ranged. What we can do is round out your skills a bit better to fit your character and the rules, we can also tweak your powers to give you a bit of a better edge, and i can give you some kick trog gear to go with your character.

Because of the low will power we can't give you the attribute boost power which isn't permenant but gives you a bigger boost, oh well permenant is sometimes better, besides it gives you room to grow on.

powers:
  • improved reflexes (level 1; 2 pp)(+1 reflex +1 init. pass)
  • improved physical attribute (agility) (level 1; 1pp)(+1 agility)
  • mystic armor (level 2; 1 pp)(+2 ballistic/+2 impact armor, doesn't count for encumb.)
  • counterstrike (level 1; .5 pp)(on succesful melee perry or block, +1 dice plus net hits to next next available action.)
  • killing hands (.5pp)(may choose whether unarmed combat deals S or P damage)

wreck i know you have the arsenal book so look up the Martial Arts quality, I'm thinking about firefight, Krav Maga, and Ninjutsu, at least 2 out of those three

Hawk it would be useful for us to know what books you have as well.

I like Wreck's idea for using a few specializations to help us out point wise, but remember we can build on this character after runs as well.

i kinda figure an old west style gunman strolling into an opera house, quietly wandering about till he finds his target. He gets noticed and the four guards surrounding the mark take out there weapons, so you fly across the floor, sword in one hand ares 4 in another (or if you want me to build one, or two, a Katana/Gun) one goon gets taken with your first 2 shoots, the rest open fire and the bullets miss when you slide to the left, you are now close enough for your sword to do somework, so you slide to a stop on one knee, slam your sword over your shoulder into a goons stomach, dropping him like a dead weight (pardon the pun). Your Ares 4 in your other hand kills the third goon standing the on the other side of the target. Both the target and the last goon are stunned that you just took out three of their comrades in a matter of six seconds. So you take the laps to grab the target with your sword arm, sword across his throat as a human shield and point your gun at the guard, with a smile both you and the mark slowly walk towards the door, the guard finally gets smart and readies his gun but before he can, you put a 45 mill. bullet between his eyes, and with a hurried rush drag the target through the doors as both of you are taken away in an awaiting van.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 pm

also if you two wouldn't mind could we rearrange his attributes a little bit.

Body: 4
Agility: 5 (6)
Reaction: 4 (5)
Strength: 4
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 4
Logic: 3
Willpower: 2

reaction you don't need quite as much as a few other things, intuition helps you out with perception and it gets you more knowledge points, and we are still saving your nine on initiative. Also if you wanted to because all strength tests round up, including for damage, we could take a point out of strength (make it a 3, divide in half and rounded up is still a 2) and put it else where.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Heh, Yeah. I was aware of the lack of initiative passes, I figured we could handle that next. You're bang on right about that. I ran the #'s last night, and in a straight up fight, even if he gets the first initiative, he goes down by the end of pass 3 if he doesn't kill all his opponents in pass one. Using cover and stealth and surprise, he makes it to combat round two, and can hold his own against 2 opponents, but with three, he's meat.

Okay, Rules on Martial Arts:
At character generation, you have to buy the Martial Arts Positive Quality (5, 10, 15, or 20BP).
Or you can do it in game by finding an instructor/tutorsoft and spending (2XBP)Karma.

The particular style must be chosen when the quality is purchased. More than one style may be purchased, but it has to be paid for separately. The different grades represent "Advantages." The Character recieves 1 Advantage for 5BP, 2 for 10, 3 for 15, and 4 for 20. If you get two styles with overlapping advantages, the bonuses stack.

You can also "specialize" a style with a weapon. i.e. Blades (Butterfly Sword/Kung Fu +2) This means that if you are using a butterfly sword you can augment it with your kung fu. but it if you pick up a knife you don't get the bonus.

Aikido Advantages : (+1 die) to Full Dodge, Full Perry, Subduing, or Attacks meant to knock the opponent down.

Firefight Advantages: Reduce ranged combat "Attacker in Melee combat" mod by 1 (may be taken twice for full mod reduction of 2); or +1 on Melee Dodge (Not block or perry).

Karate Advantages : (+1 die) to Full Perry, Melee Block (Not dodge or perry); Or +1DV on unarmed combat attacks. Defense Test bonuses may be taken twice for a full bonus of +2 each.

Krav Maga Advantages: +1 die on Called Shots to disarm only; Take Aim, or Ready weapon becomes a free action; Or Reduce ranged combat "Attacker in Melee combat" mod by 1.

Ninjutsu Advantages: +1 die to Surprise Tests when starting combat, Gymnastics Dodge Tests, or Infiltration Tests; or reduce Visibility modifiers in combat by 1.

You can also purchase Maneuvers. 2 maneuvers may be purchased per 5BP of Martial Arts Quality. Maneuvers cost 2BP each.

Blind Fighting: Reduce combat modifier for hidden targets from -6 to -3.

Disarm: Go on Full Perry with a -4 modifier. If defender is successful, the attacker drops his weapon.

Evasion: Gain a +2 modifier when defending against an interception Attack(P154 SR4).

Finishing Move: If you attack successfully, even if there is no damage, you may make an immediate Melee Attack (as an Interrupt Action) to try and finish your opponent. This uses your next available action.

Iiaijutsu: You may make a Quick Draw Test with any weapon (not just pistols) with a reach of 1 or less. If the Weapon requires a Complex Action to use, you may Use your complex action to attack.

Sweep: You may use the Knockdown attack and inflict normal melee damage (always Stun).

Repost: If you successfully Perry or Block a melee attack, you may make an immediate Melee Attack even if it is not your turn in the action phase. This is an interrupt action, and uses your next available action.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 5:23 pm

There are other Styles and Maneuvers, but those seemed to fit the Theme the best.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm

I agree with Phantom on the Agility vs. Strength thing.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 6:48 pm

i meant we could put it elsewhere besides agility, it goes over the attribute limit by fifteen points. But it is up to Hawk.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 pm

I meant the use of the PP to buy Increased Agility vs Increased Strength.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:21 pm

oops
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Heh,

While the one point in Strength would mean a loss of a single point of DV, the additional Agility could increase the DV back up to that, but it also increases the likely hood of pistol combat too.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:44 pm

All this is sounding good. I had been worried about the init passes, but wasn't certain how to get them up. The martial arts are great... if I could find a way to do it, taking both ninjutsu and firefight would really fit the char well.

I've got access to a good deal of the 4th ed books. I've got the Runner's companion, arsenal, and a few others. I don't have the core-book though. I just don't have the 30-40 dollars to lay down on it right now. I'm currently reading through the arsenal book.

Ok, so I've pulled off the comp and intimidation skills, and am going to specialize my pistols 5 (semi-auto) 7 and dodege 5 (ranged) 7 like Wreck recommended. I'll take the Adept powers that you recommended Phantom, and did a little playing with my attributes based on what you guys said.

I took an extra flaw (sensitive system) to help buy the BP for the martial arts, and bumped his contact down to a 2/2. So, here's what I've got him looking like now.

Attributes:

Str: 3
Rea: 5
Agi: 5 (6)
Cha: 2
Log: 4
Int: 3
Wil: 2

Edge: 2
Mag: 5
Ini: 9
Ess: 6

Skills:

Active:

Stealth (Group): 2
Gymnastics: 3
Escape Artist: 2
Climbing: 2
Perception: 4
Etiquette (Corporate): 2
Throwing Weapons: 2
Pistols: 5 (semi-auto) 7
Blades (Katana): 3 (5)
Unarmed Combat: 4
Dodge: 5 (ranged) 7
Computer: 1
Intimidation: 1

Knowledge:

Corp. Sec. Tactics: 3
Sec. Procedures: 3
Magic Background: 2
Safe Houses: 1
Poisons: 1
Ares Macrotechnology: 3

Language:

English: N
Japanese (Read / Write): 4

Qualities:

Positive:

Adept
Guts
Ambidextrous
Martial Arts Positive (Ninjutsu) Lvl. 2
Martial Arts Positive (Firefight) Lvl. 2

Martial Arts Abilities:

Reduce ranged combat "Attacker in Melee combat" mod by 1
+1 on Melee Dodge (Not block or parry) *thus offsetting the specialization on dodge somewhat*
+1 die to Gymnastics Dodge Tests *I assume this involved things like rolling out of the way, or "tricking" off of the surrounding terrain to differentiate it from normal dodge*
+1 die to Surprise Tests when starting combat *does this solely the first round of combat, or does it apply to any round wherein "surprise" might be a factor?*

Negative:

Addiction (moderate): Tobacco
Allergy (uncommon, moderate): Penicillin
Hunted
Sensitive System

Powers:

Improved Physical Attribute (Agi) Lvl. 1
Improved Reflexes Lvl. 1
Mystic Armor Lvl. 2
Counterstrike Lvl. 1
Killing Hands

Gear:

Katana
Shuriken (x9)
Ares Predator IV (x2)
Extra Clip (x4)
Ammo (Gel-Rounds) (qt. 10) (x2)
Ammo (Regular) (qt. 10) (x4)
Quick-Draw Holster (x2)
Lined Coat
Clothing (Regular)
Clothing (Chic)
Commlink (Sony Emperor)
Certified Credstick (Regular) (x2)

Lifestyle:

Sqatter (x2)

Contacts:

Tanaka, Akira
C: 2 L: 2

Okay, so how's that looking? With this character, speed seems like it would be the real advantage... are there any other ways to jack up his init passes? Also, what would be the cost of using martial arts specialization to jack up the pistols and katana skills?

Oh, and Phantom, you're dead on with the sort of action I'm looking to get Toshiro into... just add in a little running at the baddies and then up a wall, tricking off it, and landing behind them, sweeping his katana out and taking them off at the knees Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 pm

A few corrections: Following what you said vs. what the character post said.

Attributes
Reaction: 5 (6)
Strength: 3
Magic: 5

Positive Qualities
Adept (5)
Ambidextrous (5)
Guts (5)
Martial Arts (Ninjutsu) (10)
Martial Arts (Firefight) (10)

Addiction, moderate (-10)
Allergy unc/mod (-10)
Sensitive System (-15)

Active Skills
Disguise : 2
Inflitration : 2
Palming : 2
Shadowing : 2
Blades (Swords) : 3 (5)
Dodge (Ranged Combat) : 5 (7)
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) : 5 (7)
Throwing Weapons : 2
Unarmed Combat : 4
Escape artist : 2
Gymnastics : 3
Climbing : 2
Perception : 4

Powers
Improved Physical Attribute (level 1)
Improved Reflexes (level 1)
Killing Hands
Mystic Armor (level 2)
Counterstrike (Level 1)

Contacts
Don't know what he is (Tanaka, Akira). (L:2 C:2)

Special Skills
+1 on Melee Dodge (Not block or parry)
+1 die to Gymnastics Dodge Tests*
+1 die to Surprise Tests when starting combat*

Total BP for JUST THIS is 398.

I'm not going to repost gear or Knowledge skills. We are focused on the expensive points right now.

As to your Questions:
1:*Does this solely the first round of combat, or does it apply to any round wherein "surprise" might be a factor?*
2:*I assume this involved things like rolling out of the way, or "tricking" off of the surrounding terrain to differentiate it from normal dodge*

The way I interpret these is thus:
1: It is specifically for Surprise Tests when combat is most likely to occur. Not for any other Tests you may have during a surprise round. i.e. You get an additional die when you walk into an ally and see a guy standing there with a gun. Chances are, you will be surprised, and he is likely hostile.

2: It means that whenever you would use your Gymnastics Skill to perform a Dodge Test vs. your Dodge skill, you get an additional die. i.e. You are falling and a guy is shooting at you. You can't exactly "Dodge" in the normal sense, so you use your Gymnastics skill to avoid the large penalties the GM is itching to hand you... the upside being that you actually get a bonus!

I know that Hunted is missing from the list. I have haven't inputted it into my Char-gen, so I don't know the BP bonus you get. However, with the three Negative qualities you currently have - Addiction, moderate (-10) Allergy unc/mod (-10) Sensitive System (-15) - you have reached the -35BP limit. I understand that you probably want Hunted for background reasons, so just replace one of the others with it.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Hmm. Ok. Since that's at 398, that only leaves 2 bp to round out the rest of the character, which could be a problem. What would you suggest as far as trimming him up a bit?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:11 pm

The 'ranged attacker (your shooting) while in melee combat' was a big reason i mentioned krav maga and firefight and ninjutsu becuase its a -3 dice for us. although at the moment its -2. we need to free up points so i think we should cut a bit of 'only going to need in an odd chance in hell' kind of things.

We are basically making a modern ninja, so throwing weapons are in the realm of possibility, but lets think of putting a spec on their becuase only 2 dice really isnt worth that much with our guns, silencers work miracles. but i just cant really feal the escape artist, i doubt he is going to get captured, with the firepower we can give him, its more than likely that he will be dead first, sorry. although that does free up bp so far, although 6 if we choose to rock the throwing weapons (shurkien) which would give us 4 dice with that. and we probably won't need guts that much, either, +2 to resist fear, although it is cheap with 5bp, that's 5bp we are probably going to need for gear.

And just so i know, why did we put the strength point into Reaction?

So at the moment without gear, and if we took a few of my corrections we would be standing here:

Attributes
Reaction: 5 (6)
Strength: 3
Magic: 5

Positive Qualities
Adept (5)
Ambidextrous (5)
Martial Arts (Ninjutsu) (10)
Martial Arts (Firefight) (10)

Addiction, moderate (-10)
Allergy unc/mod (-10)
Sensitive System (-15)

Active Skills
Disguise : 2
Inflitration : 2
Palming : 2
Shadowing : 2
Perception : 4
Etiquette (Corporate) : 2
Throwing Weapons (Shuriken) : 2
Dodge (Ranged Combat) : 5
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) : 5
Blades (Swords) : 3
Unarmed Combat : 4

Powers
Improved Physical Attribute (level 1)
Improved Reflexes (level 1)
Killing Hands
Mystic Armor (level 2)
Counterstrike (Level 1)

Contacts
Don't know what he is (Tanaka, Akira). (L:2 C:2)

Special Skills
+1 on Melee Dodge (Not block or parry)
+1 die to Gymnastics Dodge Tests*
+1 die to Surprise Tests when starting combat*

This puts us at 369 points, fairly decent for gear if we only go for what we need.

Hawk, you have a choice to make, What kind of gun would you like? Details would be useful, i can make pretty much anything, from the sword/guns from final fantasy to taking an ares 4 predator and making it a god, but it is up to you.

To clarify the special skills we got from martial arts, gymnastics dodge is when you use gymnastics included with a full defense dodge. to cartwheel or bounce, if your looking for a character that is pretty much a pinball on crack, look at my character Matron Sarah Gaven In Silver Fox, she is a Freerunner Adept, and very good at her job.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok. I put the throwing weapons and escape artist in there more for "flavor" than anything, so its fine to lose them. The point in reaction didn't come from Str (that one went to agi like you recommended). It came from the Improved Reflexes, which give +1 to reaction along with the extra init pass.

When I imagined Toshiro, I imaged him having a set of desert eagles... the browning ultra power from Arsenal actually looks sweeter to me than the Pred 4. A modded one of those might be truly sweet.

I always intended to fix a weapon focus to a mono-katana at some point... How would that effect the attachment of a gun to it?
As for the gunblade: I'm not against the idea, but I've always had difficulty with the concept. I've actually studied swordplay, and the sheer mechanics of one in combat has always been difficult for me to see. Still, I was really impressed with what you came up for with the shotgun axe. So I dunno... it would be pretty cool to see a guy wielding dual gun-katanas... though again, I don't know about the physical feasibility of it.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 2:26 am

Wait, don't make any changes!!! I was wrong! It's only a BP of 390! I Thought he had bought something he hadn't!!!

We've got 10BP for gear before any of the changes that Phantom suggested. Again, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 11:16 am

Actually, that's alright. Those skills aren't necessary for the character, so why not leave them off for now, and if we can't find anything better to put them in, we'll just add them in at the end? That way, there's more to work with.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 12:22 pm

okay, so we have 31 points in gear to come up with, including armor, weapons, commlink, lifestyle, etc. In theory anything can be a weapon focus, even a toothpick. If you want dual gunblades, its fairly simple to make, but to make them weapon focuses would be very costly, so how about we focus on one gun blade, and maybe a backup handgun? What do you think Wreck and Hawk?

The sources i would use for the gunblade would be [url=these]http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/gunblade.jpg[/url] [url=pictures]http://images.wikia.com/devilmaycry/images/f/fe/RedQueen.jpg[/url]
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Hmm. How about we work on the gun first? I'm still not sure about the gun-blade. It's cool, but it's a bit different from the character I'd originally had in mind. I'd been thinking of a Mifune-esque type action, and the gun-blade actually alters that a bit.... but it's very cool, so let me think on it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next