Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeJust ranting... SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Just ranting...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozymandius

Ozymandius

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Ozymandius (Adrian Veidt)
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Just ranting... Empty
PostSubject: Just ranting...   Just ranting... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Man it is hard to complete a character I'm happy with. I start making one with the character generator, but not long after I can't decide which way to go. Should I go shooty or mage or hacker or something else? When I sat down to my first game I said "I want the biggest, baddest, toughest mofo out." and the dm said "Try a street sam troll." So I whipped up one of those and it was what I wanted. Although having played for a while and finding all sorts of new tricks, I can see how I might have done it better. But now, even when I start with a concept (like "Face who's also good with guns." or "Elf mage" which is pretty straight forward) I just can't seem to complete the character sheet without going off on tangents about other character concepts.

This is not a plea for advice, I just needed to get that off my chest. Mostly I'm annoyed at myself, since I know that the solution is to just man up and do it already. I'm fairly certain I just need to stay focused and finish A character, ANY character and then I can go on and try the next concept and get that out too. Sigh.

Well, thanks for listening anyway. I'm off to try again. I've got a mental list of about a dozen different concepts I want to try to build. Plus an idea for an all elf team where the characters all know each other but only 1 would play in a game, like a crew that had split up and everyone was doing their own thing.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

Just ranting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just ranting...   Just ranting... EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Try to get your hands on a copy of Runner's Companion. It has some handy alternatives to chargen like the priority and karmagen systems, as well as alternate metatypes. Then again, this might just make you busier. But trust me, I know your frustration all too well. I went from wanting to make a shark-shaped Hawai'ian sword adept to making a gilled smuggler. And I wasn't too fond of the outcome.
Back to top Go down

Just ranting...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: