Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeT Hawk's Characters: Toshiro SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro Empty
PostSubject: T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro   T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Name: John "Toshiro" Caid
Street Handle: Shadow
Metatype: Human
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 175 lbs
Eye / Hair Color: Brown / Black
BP Total: 400

Attributes
Body: 3
Agility: 5 (6)
Reaction: 5 (7)
Strength: 4
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 3
Logic: 2
Willpower: 3

Edge: 2
Magic: 5
Initiative: 10
Essence: 6

Knowledge Skills
Corp. Security Tactics: 2
Sec. Procedures (Megacorporations): 1 (3)
Human Anatomy 1
Magic Background: 1
Poisons: 2
Ares Macrotechnology: 3

Languages:
English: N
Japanese :3

Active Skills
Stealth Skill Group : 4
Athletics Skill Group : 2
Blades (Swords) : 5 (7)
Dodge : 3
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) : 5 (7)
Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts (Ninjutsu & Firefight) : 1 (3)
Perception : 3
Con : 2

Qualities
Positive
Adept (5bp)
Catlike (10 Bp)
Ambidextrous (5bp)
martial arts (Ninjutsu 5bp)
martial arts (Fire Fight 10bp)

Negative
Enemy (20 Bp)
Sensitive System

Weapons
Katana
+Personalied Grip
Concealable Sheath (Sword)
2x Ares Predator IV (named Kataki and Keiri)
2x +Extended Clip (19 rounds)
2x + Personalied Grip
2x + Melee Hardening
2x + Underbarrel Weapon
2x Cougar Fineblade (Short): Mounted UW
2x Silencer
2x Concealable Holster (guns)
4x Spare Clips
2x Stick 'n' Shock Rounds (10 shots)
10x Ex-Explosive Rounds (10 shots)
Forearm Snap Blades (release manual & linked to PAN)

Armors
Form-Fitting Full Body Armor
+Gel-packs Armor Modification
Leather Coat
Clothing (Cheap)

Commlinks
Commlink : Meta-link
Subvocal Microphone

Equipments
Fake License (Rating 4)
Fake Sin (Rating 3)
Glasses
+Smartlink
+Low-light Vision
+Thermographic Vision
+Flare Compensation
Earbud
+ Audio Enhancement (Rating 2)
+ Spatial Recognizer
Metal Restraints
Rapelling gloves
Catalyst Stick
Stealth Rope (100 mtrs.)
Medkit (rating 6)
1x Medkit supplies.
15x. Narcojet doses.
Backpack

Lifestyle: Squatter (1 month)

Powers
Improved Physical Attribute: Agility (level 1)
Improved Reflexes (level 2)
Counterstrike (Level 1)
Combat Sense (Level 1)

Contacts
Wes Greymoore
Black Market Armorer (L:1 C:1)

Maneuvers (12BP)
Iaijutsu
Set-up
Finishing Move
Two Weapon Style
Riposte
Watchful Guard

Special skills and Effects

Martial Arts
* Reduce ranged combat "Attacker in Melee combat" mod by 2 (Firefight) (thus able to use your gun freely while in melee combat)
* +1 to infiltration tests

Maneuvers
* Two-Weapons Style: may coose to apply full dfense option using only one weapon and still attack with the other weapon.
* Iajutsu: quick draw anything
* Set-up: May make an attack test to deal no damage but to add her net hits to the next following attack; may be used with finishing move.
* Finishing Move: A character with this maneuver may follow up a succesful attack, whether it deals damage or not, immediately with a move designed to take out the enemy. this allows the character to make an immediate follow-up melee attack in the same action phase. Finishing move counts as an interrupt action and uses up the characters next available action.
* Ripsote: a character with riposte who successfully parries or blocks a melee combat attack may make an immediate attack on her attacker even if it is not her action phase in the turn.
* Watchful Guard: Reduce the penalty for “defender has defended against previous attacks” by 1.

Bio:

John Toshiro Caid was born to Mr. John Caid Sr., an Ares employee responsible for site security, originally hailing from Richmond, VA, CAS, and Ms. Tomoko Yamashita, a salary-woman of Japanese and American descent. They met in San Francisco, where John had been stationed to oversee the Ares offices security there.
When Toshiro (named after his father and his maternal grandfather) was born to the couple, they seemed to be a poster-perfect corporate family. John's career was on the rise, and by the time that Toshiro was 10 was assigned from Ares' San Fran offices to their Tokyo site, a prestigious jump.
At the age of 14 Toshiro was given a magical aptitude test that showed he has remarkable talent, particularly with somatic magic. Although John originally had Toshiro trained by an Ares instructor skilled io Firefight in Krav Maga, Tomoko interceded and insisted on a native Japanese sensei whom she knew. She insisted that the boy needed to "know his Japanese cultural heritage." John conceded to his wife's demand.
Toshiro's sensei was named Kenji Nakamura. He instructed Toshiro in martial arts, from open-hand techniques and gymnastics to swordsmanship. Also included were many techniques in herbal lore, stealth, and other techniques not generally considered general martial arts skills. When asked about these techniques, Nakamura told Mr. Caid that they were traditional skills associated with his school. Although dubious, John saw no reason to complain about his son's "extra" instruction. It helped that under Nakamura, Toshiro was excelling in his magical studies.
Still, John decided to instruct his son in quick-draw pistol techniques. When his wife asked about this, he said with a smile, "The boy needs to know his American cultural heritage as well." Toshiro enjoyed this time spent with his father, and worked exceedingly hard to impress his father.
As Toshiro grew older, his studies began to be concentrated more and more on his assuming a role in corporate security, a fact that pleased his father to no end. Toshiro looked forward to the day that he could join his dad in the "family business." Toshiro's mother, however, seemed increasingly anxious over the way Toshiro's life was evolving.
Toshiro's life wasn't to turn out as expected.
John Caid was found dead in his office late one evening, poisoned. Numerous security files were missing, particularly several black ops files associated with shadowruns performed for the Ares Tokyo Division. Toshiro was crushed. Not only was his father dead, but his mother decided to move immediately after the funeral. She wished to move into the countryside, in the mountains to the west. They spent a week preparing for the move. The night before they were scheduled to leave, Toshiro was approached at home by a Mr. Tanaka, an associate of his father's whom Toshiro knew. Mr. Tanaka requested that Toshiro come to meet with him. He took Toshiro to a small cafe late that night, and explained to Toshiro that he had been investigating John Caid's murder, and needed to ask Toshiro for his help.
"I'd love to do anything I can to find my father's killer... but I don't know anything about what happened that wasn't in the security report. What makes you think that I could be of any help?" Toshiro asked the older man. Tanaka looked away, then turned his gaze back on Toshiro and said, "Because I believe your mother was responsible."
Toshiro acted as can be expected. He called the man a liar and got up to leave. Before he got out the door of the cafe though, Tanaka called out, "My number's on your comm, if you change your mind." Toshiro shot him a venomous look and left.
The next morning, as he was packing up the last of the family's things in the kitchen, Toshiro came across a small box of what looked like old spices. Opening one up, he sniffed the canister, curious. His eyes widened. He knew what was in the box... Sensei Nakamura had shown that herb to him. It was a potent poison, a deadly herbal neuro-toxin. At that moment, Toshiro's mother walked in. When she saw the box Toshiro was holding, her manner changed, become cold. She told him to follow her. Confused and a little numb, Toshiro did so. In the next room Sensei Nakamura was waiting. Tomoko told her son to sit down. She then told him that she and Nakamura were members of an old ninja clan. The clan had been contracted by "Japanese interests" in California Free State to infiltrate Ares and provide information to their employer. And Tomoko had done so, by wedding one of Ares' own security managers. Toshiro's adept powers had forced her to bring in Nakamura, one of the clan's instructors and a fellow agent. He had trained Toshiro in their clan's techniques in anticipation of the boy one day joining them. However, she explained, John Caid had finally come to suspect his wife's dual nature, and the kunoichi had been forced to take measures to prevent exposure. Now, the only thing that was left was to bring Toshiro with her to their clan's headquarters, where she said he would be further trained and finally initiated into the clan.
Toshiro refused, livid, saying that he was going to Ares' security. His mother smiled and said, "But Toshiro, why would you do that to yourself? After all, Ares' doesn't look kindly on patricide." She explained that Nakamura had just returned from planting incriminating evidence that would point to Toshiro as his father's killer. His only choice was to come with them and allow their clan, the Koga, to hide him.
Shaken, Toshiro was led by his mother and his sensei out of the Ares complex, to a waiting car. He climbed in, fuming, and desperately racking his brain for some way out. He sat in the back, his mother and sensei in the front. He remembered the words of Mr. Tanaka... he took out his commlink and send a quick message to the man. He stated that he believed the man, gave a quick description of his situation, and said he needed his help. He received a reply almost immediately. It said simply, "Be ready."
An hour passed, and the car had reached the edges of Tokyo. It rolled to a stop at a red-light... and pandemonion broke loose. A flash-bang grenade went off, accompanied by huge amounts of smoke. Toshiro was stunned for moment, but as his mother began to move and to gun the car, obviously getting ready to run for it, Toshiro realized that this was his chance. He wrenched open the door, and jumped out. Without the flash-bang and smoke, he likely wouldn't have made it, but the confusion allowed him the opportunity to get out. He ran as he heard the car doors open behind him, running down an alley. He made many sharp turns, cutting down more and more side-ways... until strong hands grabbed him and pulled him into an open doorway. He struggled against his assailant until he heard, "Tanaka sent us."
He was taken by several individuals in black clothing, one of whom was an oni. They took Toshiro to a van and drove him to the cafe that he had met Tanaka in. They let him out and he went in to speak with Tanka.
"Kid, you're in trouble. Ares wants you for your father's murder. While it's nice to get some confirmation on my suspicions, it doesn't help you out any. I worked for your father... I was a Johnson, a man who he would use to hire shadowrunners to work for Ares. I owed him, so I've got you away from that murderess you call "mom." But I can't get you back in. You'll need evidence to clear your name.
"But I can still help you. If you want, I can hide you.... hide you in the shadows. You understand? I'll erase you SIN, and set you up with a few safe-houses I know of here in Tokyo. You've got some nuyen of your own right? That much? Good. Give it to me, and I'll get you some equipment. For what? Kid, you're gonna need to support yourself until you can clear your name. You'll need to work, and I know all about your talents. Run the shadows... keep yourself alive, and maybe you'll be able to clear your name someday. You don't know anything about being a shadowrunner? I'll give you some site addresses you can visit. Shadowrunners use them, and post information there to help each other out. Pay attention and it'll save your hoop.
"Chin up, kid. You're alive... and that the first step to getting revenge for your dad."
Toshiro's face hardened, and he looked at Tanaka.... and nodded.

After getting his start in the Tokyo shadows, Toshiro found that the Koga had closed in on him. He decided to flee the country, in order to leave his pursuers behind while he learned more about them, hoping to find some way to eventually bring the fight home against them and avenge his father.
He traveled to Seattle, and found a safe-house where he could doss down while he learned to run in North America.

I'm going to take a page from WearzManySkinz, and use these questions to give GMs a more complete profile for my characters, beyond what I've done with my backgrounds and profile pieces. I'd also like to commend and thank WMS for idea.

1. What is your character's Sex? Male.

2. What is your character's physical size? 5'7" ( 1.7 mtrs.) 175 lbs. ( 80 kgs.)

3. What is the color of the character's hair, eyes, and skin? Hair is Black/brown, eyes are dark brown. His skin tone is somewhat lighter than is average for a Japanese, and somewhat darker than is normal for a WASP.

4. What is the character's general appearance (i.e., How does he/she dress, etc.)? His long-coat and hat are both charcoal black. Beneath it he wears loose, faded black pants, and a sleeveless two with a dark red stripe running down the center. He wears all of this over his FF body armor.

5. Where was the character born (City, State, Hospital Name)? Saint Mary's, San Francisco, CFS.

6. What is the character's date of birth? 06/10/2049

7. What was the character's family life like? It was an almost textbook example of what a pleasant corporate family was supposed to be, despite the tensions a multicultural upbringing entails: his father was a hard-working company man who managed to make good and rise to a high position in his corps, and his mother who worked a mid-level clerical job during the day, in addition to raising Toshiro... until she assassinated her husband and framed her son.

8. Has the character begun his/her own family? No. Most of his energy is spent just trying to dodge the professional killers sent after him... plus, he's afraid of getting too close to someone, for fear of bringing them into his problems. And because he's paranoid that the Koga may try to ensnare him with an agent as they did his father.

9. Where or how was the character educated? He received a corporate education from Ares, in preparation for following in his father's footsteps with Ares' security assets. His primary education occured at the Bentley School San Francisco, CFS, his secondary at Horizon International School in Tokyo, IJS, and his post-secondary school (2 years completed) at the Ares Corporate College, Tokyo Division, where he majored in Military studies, and minored in Law Enforcement.

10. Has the character ever done anything else for a living? Beyond the odd minimum wage job during high school, and an internship with the Ares Security Forces during his last summer in Tokyo, no.

11. What are the character's political and religious beliefs?

12. Describe the character's moral code. Include how mercenary he/she is, whether or not he’ll/she'll kill innocents, etc. Toshiro doesn't believe in killing innocents, but will kill in the line of work when he has to do so. In this line, he will not kill someone who does not work as a guard or similar, but will do his best to incapacitate rather than kill. He does not hesitate to use lethal force if he believe it is legitimately the best course of action. When confronted with someone he considers to be deserving of death, he won't hold back at all. He dislikes extraction jobs, and will not take an unwilling target from their life.

13. What are the character's goals? To track down his mother and the organization she works for: the Koga Ninja Clan. In pursuit of this, he is trying to build up nuyen and resources, as well as some form of security. Once he has these... what then? Bloody revenge.

14. Why does the character run the shadows? (Why does he/she run the shadows still, rather than getting a "real" job?) As a fugitive from Ares and a wanted man in Japan, he had little choice but to turn to shadow work to get by, stay secure, and work to accomplish his goal of finding his mother. He hopes to one day be able to clear his name... but that dream grows ever fainter as every day goes by, and he can no longer differentiate himself from the Corporate Agent he was raised to become, and the Shadowrunner he is.

15. What kind of personality does your character have? This should not necessarily be obviously stated in the background, as it is more important for actually playing the character, but it may color or add mood to the history: Toshiro has always been dedicated and disciplined. Whatever he pursues, he does so with determination that borders on passion. Once he accepts a job, he will do whatever it takes to see it through... something he inherited from both of his parents, were he to admit it. Always quiet and somewhat shy in social situations, he has grown taciturn almost to the point of being mute since entering the shadows.

16. What special qualities does the character possess? This does not refer to skills, but rather to other things, such as how she gets along with people, whether he/she plans ahead, etc.

17. Are there certain things that the character can't or won't do? Why? As stated before, he doesn't do unwilling snatches. He won't kill an innocent intentionally (and does his best to make certain that there aren't any unintentional killings as well).

18. What things, people, or ideas does the character hate? The Koga. Beyond that? He hates those who prey on the weak and those who deal dishonestly with others. He dislikes what he sees as American laziness. On the flip side, he hates the fact that most Japanese seem to have a rod permanently stuck up their backsides.

19. What things people, or ideas does the character love? He admires American ingenuity and vivaciousness, and admires the Japanese work ethic and artfulness of that culture. He loves beauty, especially that of the natural world. He also loves the martial arts, though the betrayal of his sensei has somewhat spoiled that love for him.

20. What is the character's name? Give both full birth name, as well as nicknames, street names, etc. John "Toshiro" Caid, named after his father and maternal grandfather. He goes by the handle "Shadow" in North American, and "Kage Kaze" in Japan. His fake SIN names him as "Jonathan Lee."

21. Determine what your character used to do, before becoming a shadowrunner (very important). He was student preparing to enter into Ares Security Forces. He hadn't decided if he wanted to go the Security route, like his father, or to join Ares' Militia.

22. Decide why your character left her old job, if she had one (also important). He was framed for the murder of his father.

23. Come up with a reason for why the character became a shadowrunner: It seemed the only way to stay free and alive, as well as to support himself and his quest to track down those who stole his father and life from him.

24. How did your character come to know his/her contacts? Wes Greymore works with a group of smugglers. He tends to and upgrades the weapons and armor they transport. Toshiro hired the group to smuggle him into North America. During the trip, he and Wes bonded somewhat, as both the runner and the smuggler loved to work with weapons, and Toshiro was constantly coming down to Wes' shop onboard the smugglers' ship in order to care for his own weaponry. He's the only contact Toshiro has in North American at the moment.

25. Does the character have a SIN? Does the character actually use it? Or is the character one of the SINless masses? Toshiro's SIN was erased for him by Akira Tanaka, a Japanese Johnson employed by Ares. The man did it as a favor both for Toshiro and his father, who Tanaka had worked with closely.

26. Is the character a full-time shadowrunner? Or does the character lead a Batman-like double existence? He's a full-time runner. He doesn't dare try to find a more honest sort of work, for fear of being found out.

27. Which person(s) or group(s) does he love the most? He admires the CAS, which he regards as the most "American" of all the North American nations. His father was originally from there, and Toshiro regards it as a homeland of sorts, despite having been born in Cali Free. He views the "cowboy" archetype as belonging to the South. Since he regards cowboys as an inspiration for his own gun-slinging skills, he feels a certain affinity for the country he sees as having given birth to them.

28. Which person(s) or group(s) does he hate the most? He hates his mother, and regards her betrayal of his family as the singular defining even of his life. In truth, he misses her and some small, deep part of him still loves her, but the anger and despair inspired by her actions have twisted these emotions into a black hatred that he sometimes wishes would consume him.

29. Which person(s) or group(s) does he respect the most? He always wanted to join Ares Firewatch, having been raised amongst Ares propaganda concerning them. He also has a sort of fascination with Samurai... the original ones, not the sort you find on the street these days. He finds their martial code and way of life fascinating and appealing, and views them with the sort of respect that can only be given to a group so long gone that they have become mythologized in contemporary culture.

30. Which person(s) or group(s) does he fear the most? The Koga. They've hounded him since the moment he managed to escape from him mother. His life is spent delving ever deeper into the shadows of society to escape them.

31. What is his favorite color? Oddly enough, red. He wears black for various reasons, not the least of which being that he thinks he'd look funny walking around in red leather. Doesn't really suit him, you know?

32. What is his favorite food and/or drink? He's very fond of Mei Fun, a rice-noodle dish originally from Singapore. As for drinks: when soft, he likes Coca-Cola. When hard, he'll take either Jim Bean or a Guiness.

33. What place would he most like to visit? He loved the Torii Shrines back in Japan, and hopes to see them again. He would also love to see an example of the Old West... either Texas or Arizona in particular.

34. Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to? Being a loner by necessity, his loyalty lies first with himself these days. That said, he regards his word as his bond, and will be loyal to his employer... so long as his employer is loyal to him in return (despite the way most interpret Bushido, he's actually read the Hagakure, and sees that loyalty is a two-way street. You've got to give to get.) He'll be loyal to his co-workers, under the same caveats.

35. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives him the most enjoyment? Kata. As stated earlier, he truly enjoys the martial arts, and pursues them ardently. He finds himself practicing Firefight more often than the ninjutsu taught to him by Sensei Nakamura, due to the bad memories involved. He does make himself keep his hand in though, if for no other reason than that it helps him to know his enemy.

36. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives you the least enjoyment? Moving kip. Due to the fact that he's constantly on the move in the hopes of avoiding detection by the Koga, he's managed to boil his life down to a single bag of equipment and essentials. This lack of permanency in his life is a source of distress for him.

37. What annoys him the most? What he regards as frivolity. His upbringing and subsequent enforced life-style have engendered a "no frills" sort of mentality in him, as well as a dead serious manner. He has difficulty reconciling the idea of "fun for fun's sake" with the way he has to live, and this causes him to look down upon others who have no such trouble.

38. What (if any) is his favorite form of art? He's actually very fond of manga. Cain Kuga is one of his favorite artists.

39. What is his greatest goal? To take vengeance on the Koga and clear his name.

40. What do you think is your characters best quality? OOCly, it would be his ability to attack in two different methods. He can be stealthy, and take the assassin's approach, or stand toe-to-toe like a gunslinger. ICly, it would be dedication to getting the job done. He won't stop.

41. What do you think is your characters worst quality? OOCly, he is decidedly lacking in any non-combat oriented skills. ICly, his paranoia makes it hard to him to interact meaningfully with anyone he's not built a strong rapport with... and his taciturn nature makes it hard for him to build rapports at all.

42. What is the most important thing he has ever done? He once assisted in busting up a Yakuza-run sex-slave business, specializing in recent releases from Yomi island.

43. Which religion (if any) does he follow? He was exposed to two very different religions during his childhood: Mikkyo Buddhism, and Methodist Christianity. Not surprisingly, he tends to follow both in part, and neither in full.

44. What is his most treasured possession (and why)? His specially modified guns, Keitaki and Keiri, because they belonged to his father.

45. What are his three most common dreams? He has a recurring nightmare wherein he comes home to find his father lying in a pool of blood on the floor... blood which he is disgusted to find covers his own hands. Always this is followed by him fleeing, only to be pursued by his mother and sensei, each of them screaming accusations at him. He runs and runs, until exhaustion takes him and he can't flee anymore... at which point he wakes up. He is also plagued by dreams of his earlier days, before his father was murdered. In these dreams, he relives happier memories, but is constantly aware of what came after them. These are nearly as hard on him as the before-mentioned nightmare. Finally, he sometimes dreams that he's a member of Ares Security Forces, standing in a crowded room and giving a briefing... naked.

46. What is the Character's current relationship with his family? None, beyond his search for his mother and her masters.

47. If the character's family is still alive, what do they do, and where do they live? See above.

48. Where did the character learn his/her Skills? He was taught his gun skills and firefight by his Father, and his stealth skills and ninjutsu by Kenji Nakamura. He learned the rest of his skills and abilities through his education and training by Ares.

49. Does the character have a good luck charm? What is it, and why? His guns are something of a talisman for him, given what they mean to him.

50. What type of music does the character like? J-Rock, especially from band such as Masukimamu za Horumounu.

51. List any past serious relationships that your character has had, and give a brief overview of the relationship. His first real relationship was with Samantha Jones, a fellow student at HIS. It lasted for a year or so, before the two drifted apart as young couples are prone to do. He also had a brief, rocky relationship with a girl named Miko Harushi, who worked at one of the geisha parlours in Shibuya.

52. Where does your character live? Why does he/she live there? He is currently in Denver, having traveled there to try out for a runner team. Having failed the tryouts, he is left to wander and wonder for the moment.

Last edited by T_Hawk on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro   T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 1:07 am

3rd Edition Character

Name: Eric Ritter / Wanbli Sumanitu Taka
Street Handle: Lone Wolf
Metatype: Human Werewolf 25 pts
Eye / Hair Color: Silver / Silver
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 190 lbs.

Attributes 60 pts + 1 bonus attribute pt.

Mental:

Charisma: 3 + 1
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 4

Physical (Human)

Body: 2 + 1
Quickness: 5
Strength: 3 + 1
Reaction: 4
Combat Pool: 6
Initiative (1d6)

Physical (Wolf)

Body: 2 + 2
Quickness: 4 + 1
Strength: 5 + 1
Reaction: 4 + 1
Combat Pool: 6
Initiative (2d6)

Karma Pool: 1
Essence: 8

Active Skills: 34 pts total

Rifles 6
Pistols 6
Wildcat 5
Stealth 5
Athletics 4
Aura Reading 3

Knowledge Skills (Shapeshifter = Intelligence x 3 = 9 pts)

Tracking 3
Sioux Culture 2
Gunsmithing 2

Language (1.5 * 3 = 4 + 2 Knowledge Pts. )

English 4 (R/W 2)
Sioux 2 (R/W 1)

Maneuvers: 4 pts

Multi-Strike:
Reduces penalty for attacking multiple opponents to +1 per opponent. Reduces power of attack by -1.

Sweep:
Uses the rules for a knockdown, but causes damage, with power reduced by half.

Flaws: + 6 pts

Sensitive System -2
All essence losses for cyberware are doubled.

Flashbacks: -4
The character has experienced a traumatic experience, which reoccurs to them when a specific trigger is encountered. The character must make a Willpower (6) test or be incapacitated while the flashback occurs (1d6 minutes). *Lone Wolf's trigger is being cuffed (in human form) or having a collar around his neck (in wolf form.) The stimulus makes him flashback to torture endured while in the Behavioral Training Institution.

Edges: 6 pts

Bonus Attribute Point: +2 Get an extra Attribute point to distribute to any Physical or Mental attribute.

Night Vision: +2 Allows human characters to see as though they had the Low-Light Vision trait.

Enhanced Sense (Smell) + 2: same as adept power.

Gear:

Weapons:

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova Y2100
D: 9S
Rate: SA
CA: 10 rds
Wgt: 5.0
-1 extra clip EX Explosive ammo Y100

Ares Crusader MP Y950
- Laser Sight Y500
-1 extra clip Ex Explosive Ammo Y100

Armor:

Normal Clothing x 2 Y100
Armor Jacket (Sioux Wildcats Issue) 5B/3I Y750

Equipment:

Concealable Quick-draw Holster Y300
Earplug Unit Cellphone Y100

Werewolf Notes:

May shift form with one Complex action. Werewolves resemble a normal, but larger, version of a wolf in their shifted form.

Dual-Natured: May astrally perceive as a simple action. Are vulnerable to attack and detection on the astral plane, and are halted by wards. Appears as an idealized wolf on the astral plane. Use Physical Attributes and the Combat pool for Astral combat, unless projecting.

In animal form, werewolves may communicate with others their species, but cannot use social skills other than intimidation.

Running Multiplier x 4 in human form.
Running Multiplier x 5 in wolf form.

Shifters have a Severe allergy and vulnerability to Silver. Must make a Willpower (6) test not to retreat from contact with silver. Weapons using silver gain +1 Wound level, and +2 power against shifters, and automatically cause a light wound on contact.

Regeneration: Shifters are nearly immune to death from injury, barring massive damage to the brain or spinal column. When a shifter takes deadly physical damage in one shot, or its damage meter overflows, 1d6 is rolled. On a roll of 1, the shifter behaves as a normal character, and will die without aid. If the damage is due to massive tissue injury (burning, etc) they do not regenerate on a roll of 1 or 2. Any other roll results in the damage inflicted disappearing at the beginning of the next combat Turn. Weapon foci can kill shifters. If dealt deadly damage or into overflow by a foci, the shifter must make an essence test with a target number twice the foci level. Any successes on this roll mean the shifter regenerates, otherwise it dies. Karma may not be used for a regeneration test. Shifters regenerate in both human and animal forms.

Biography:

Lone Wolf was born a shapeshifter. Specifically, he was born a werewolf. His parents were undoubtably shifters like himself, but he never knew them. His earliest memories were of wandering through the streets of Chicago, looking through garbage cans for scraps of food. He was alone, and had always been so. The life of a stray is depressingly consistant, whether that stray is a dog (or in this case, the dog's evolutionary ancestor), or a human child. Hunger, cold, and desperation are the low points of such a life. The high point is that one is completely free. But if there is one thing that modern society cannot abide, it is the present of one free of chains.
He was captured by the Chicago Paranimal Handlers. Glorified dog-catchers, staffed by adrenaline junkies who could find no other vocation to take them, and given carte-blanch to "keep the city safe from the dangerous animals of the Sixth World." Once it was discovered that he was a shifter, he was taken to the Illinois Institution of Behavioral Training and Correction. On paper, it was a facility dedicated to molding shifters into something that could pass for upright citizens of the UCAS. In fact, it was a house of torture, the denizens forced into obedience, their wills broken by systematic degradation, physical abuse, and psychological experimentation.
Assigned a name upon entry through an alphabetic system, Lone Wolf became Erik Ritter. Stubborn to a fault, Wolf resisted the early attempts of the faculty to socialize the boy into an obedient citizen. This earned him increasing ire from his instructors, and he became a "problem case." This brought him to the attention of the Director. Director Vogel was a man of peculiar psychological bend - and blessing. An undisputed genius, he had managed to baffle the personality and psychology tests that were required by government law to be administered to anyone holding a posting in such an institution. As such, none outside the institution knew of the man's sadistic tendencies.
Lone Wolf, or Eric, as he was now called, would come to know all too well the Director's love for inflicting pain. It began slowly, with John being locked in solitary confinement for disobedient acts. It then escalated to food and sleep deprivation, sometimes for more than a week per infraction. When this failed to break the boy's will, the director resorted to more direct means. Beatings became frequent. A special shock collar would be used when he was in his wolf form, it's voltage well above the legal limit for such devices. When a human, he would be chained in a chair while the Director himself practicing his sadistic skills in torture against the boy. Lone Wolf endured this abuse, never losing his defiance, hatred for all around him growing with each day.
His time in bondage was to finally end one night. During a session with the Director, Lone Wolf's hand was broken after a particularly vicious blow by the director, which had twisted the boy violently in the metal chair to which he was cuffed. Jerking back after the blow, Wolf noticed felt the pain in his hand as his movement caused the cuff to slide down the appendage. Looking at it, he realized that the broken bone had been bent inward, and the cuff was now nearly on top of his knuckles... almost off. But the hand was swelling as well, and the cuff was growing tighter by the minute. His teeth clenched, Lone Wolf jerked at the cuff, over and over again, the skin and tissue of his hand being torn and abused with each painful movement. Blood flowed, slicking the metal, and with a sickening pop the cuff was off. The director's face paled as he saw that the boy was loose.
The man started to turn, seeking to escape the small room, but the boy lept upon the man's shoulders, changing into his wolf form while doing so. The strangled gurgles that were the last sounds the Director would make while alive were the most satisfying sounds that the boy had ever heard.
Once the director was dead, Lone Wolf took the man's keys and went to the man's office. He found his file and, using a lighter from the director's own desk, set a fire. He snuck to the gate of the Institution, and waited until the fire had spread and the alarms triggered. In the confusion of the moment, he managed to sneak out, leaving the hellish place behind him.
Lone Wolf didn't trust that the fire would completely cover his tracks, so he ran west. He hitch-hiked in human form, and ran as a wolf, making for the NAN, hoping to leave the UCAS and its laws behind. Over the course of 5 days hard travel, he made it. The cold wind off the mid-western prairies brought to him a sense that at long last, he was free again. He wandered the prairies, keeping mostly to his wolf form, and lived a life in the wild, much like a common wolf. As on the streets of Chicago, he found that his life once again revolved around the search for food, but unlike Chicago, he found that in the wild this was a small price to pay for his life of freedom.
He wandered for a few years, until he would have been around 16 by human reckoning, and eventually found himself in the Dakota foothills. Here he found forests filled with animals, and he roamed freely. However, the mountains were hunted by the local humans, and food was scarcer. Lone Wolf was occasionally forced to turn to hunting sheep and cattle owned by humans in order to fill his stomach. This caused the Dakota of the are to believe they had a were-wolf near and they organized hunting parties drive it out. This led to one hunting party finding him. Although Lone Wolf managed to elude the party, he had been hit by a bullet. Although not normally a problem for a shifter, the hunters had jacketed their bullets in silver, and Lone Wolf being poisoned from within by the toxic metal.
He fled as far from as he could, but eventually he collapsed, near to death. He felt his consciousness leave him, and prepared himself for the long night.
He would awaken to find himself in a warm log cabin, lying an old blanket. He was bandaged where the bullet had hit him, and he could tell that the bullet had been removed. His golden eyes looked around him, and saw only an old Indian man sitting at a table, playing a hand of solitaire.
The man's name was Tate Yuhamani, or Wind Carries Walker. He was an retired Sioux Wildcat who had lived by himself out in the hills. He nursed Lone Wolf back to health. The old man didn't care that Lone Wolf was a shifter... rather, he looked at the boy's dual nature as being a blessing from the spirits. Although Lone Wolf originally intended to leave the man as soon as he was healed, he found that he enjoyed Tate Yuhamani's company. He had never had a relationship with a human which didn't revolve around fear and pain, but with the old man he experienced both human friendship... and a father that he had never had.
Years passed, with Lone Wolf becoming the surrogate son for the old Wildcat. They spent their days peacefully. They were company for each other, and both served to fill a roll that was missing in the other's life. Tate Yuhamani taught Wolf ( he gave Lone wolf his name, which in Lakota was Wanbli Sumanitu Taka) to use a rifle or pistol, to fight with knife and hand and foot like a Wildcat. They would often go on long hunting trips, and Wolf's nature made him an avid predator.
Wolf might have lived his whole life with the old man... but time intervened. Tate Yuhamani passed away one winter, and left Wolf alone. Wolf buried him and wondered what he would do now. The question was taken out of his hands that spring when a group of Sioux military men came to pay Tate a visit. Old war buddies, they found their friend dead and buried, and an odd-looking Anglo living in his house. They drew the wrong conclusion, and Wolf was forced to flee, taking with him only Tate's wildcat jacket.

He headed west again, living as he had before Tate had took him in. Yet he found that he could not return to a life in the wild... with the old man he had grown accustomed to human companionship. He tried living in the other NAN lands, but found that the stigma of being an Anglo and a shifter was too much of a barrier for him to be accepted.
Finally, he decided to try living in Seattle, though he would not subject himself to their laws. He would go out to live amongst the people, but he would live as he chose. So he started looking for a way into the shadows. After all, Wolves are nocturnal by nature, and darkness was a comfort to such a creature...

2. What is your character's physical size? 5'9" ( 1.75 mtrs.) 175 lbs. ( 86 kgs.)

3. What is the color of the character's hair, eyes, and skin? Hair is a bright silver white, and he usually keeps it close-cropped (something he has to do daily, since shifter's hair tends to grow very quickly) and his eyes are metallic silver. His build is extremely athletic, and his complexion is very pale, since he tends to be largely nocturnal.

4. What is the character's general appearance (i.e., How does he/she dress, etc.)? He tends to dress in cheap disposable clothes, save for his Wildcats jacket. He favors tee-tops and baggy, comfortable pants.

5. Where was the character born (City, State, Hospital Name)? In a back alley in the slums of Chicago, amidst a pile of refuse.

6. What is the character's date of birth? 10/30/2052

7. What was the character's family life like? His mother was captured by paranimal control when he was still a pup, so he never knew her. His memories of the institute are... less than pleasant. His only real family was the old man, and when that ended he found himself alone again. A large part of why he's running the shadows is to make connections with people like himself.

8. Has the character begun his/her own family? No. Not even on his list of things to do.

9. Where or how was the character educated? His education at the institute was mostly centered on behavioral conditioning, which didn't take. What he knows of combat is either instinct or thanks to the old man.

10. Has the character ever done anything else for a living? Only if living wild in the Black Hills counts.

11. What are the character's political and religious beliefs? As a paranimal, he tends to think in terms of an alpha leader and pack mentality. He learned some of the Sioux's animistic beliefs from the old man, but most of the stuff if filtered through his own instincts.

12. Describe the character's moral code. Include how mercenary he/she is, whether or not he’ll/she'll kill innocents, etc. Natural law; tooth and claw.

13. What are the character's goals? To make enough money to get a den of his own, and to find a pack.

14. Why does the character run the shadows? (Why does he/she run the shadows still, rather than getting a "real" job?) He's searching for a life where he can be free but still close to other people, where he can find a pack. Paranimals are fine, but for a sentient being living as one amongst them is living only half a life.

15. What kind of personality does your character have? This should not necessarily be obviously stated in the background, as it is more important for actually playing the character, but it may color or add mood to the history: He's more feral than tamed. He does what he likes when he wants, why he wants.

16. What special qualities does the character possess? This does not refer to skills, but rather to other things, such as how she gets along with people, whether he/she plans ahead, etc. Besides being able to change from a top-notch sniper into a huge, bloodthirsty wolf? He can kick ass in melee fight thanks to his wild-cat training.

17. Are there certain things that the character can't or won't do? Why? He doesn't know. He's not had enough exposure to moral questions to know himself yet.

18. What things, people, or ideas does the character hate? The institute and all it stood for: authority, control, and oppression.

19. What things people, or ideas does the character love? Hunting, especially things that can hunt him back.

20. What is the character's name? Give both full birth name, as well as nicknames, street names, etc. Eric Ritter was the human name the institute gave him. He prefers Wanbli Sumanitu Taka, the name the old man gave him, as well as Lone Wolf, it's English translation.

21. Determine what your character used to do, before becoming a shadowrunner (very important). As stated above, he was a subject at the institute, a wild animal loose in the hills, and the surrogate son of an old Sioux army-man.

22. Decide why your character left her old job, if she had one (also important). N/A

23. Come up with a reason for why the character became a shadowrunner: To find a pack, while keeping his freedom.

24. How did your character come to know his/her contacts?

25. Does the character have a SIN? Does the character actually use it? Or is the character one of the SINless masses? He thinks he destroyed everything he had on file when he burned down the institute. Whether there's something still floating around on a government server, however...

26. Is the character a full-time shadowrunner? Or does the character lead a Batman-like double existence? He's a beginner, but he doesn't plan on doing anything other than running the shadows.

27. Which person(s) or group(s) does he love the most?

28. Which person(s) or group(s) does he hate the most?

29. Which person(s) or group(s) does he respect the most?

30. Which person(s) or group(s) does he fear the most?

31. What is his favorite color?

32. What is his favorite food and/or drink?

33. What place would he most like to visit?

34. Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to?

35. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives him the most enjoyment?

36. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives you the least enjoyment?

37. What annoys him the most?

38. What (if any) is his favorite form of art?

39. What is his greatest goal?

40. What do you think is your characters best quality?

41. What do you think is your characters worst quality?

42. What is the most important thing he has ever done?

43. Which religion (if any) does he follow?

44. What is his most treasured possession (and why)? .

45. What are his three most common dreams?

46. What is the Character's current relationship with his family?
ster
47. If the character's family is still alive, what do they do, and where do they live?

48. Where did the character learn his/her Skills?

49. Does the character have a good luck charm?

50. What type of music does the character like?

51. List any past serious relationships that your character has had, and give a brief overview of the relationship.

52. Where does your character live? Why does he/she live there?

Last edited by T_Hawk on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro   T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Veteran Runner:

Name: Skuld Riona
Street Handle: Skuld
Metatype: Elf
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blond (Dyed black)
Physical Notes: Skuld tends to dye her hair black, and has not cut her locks in some time. They now spill down below her waist. *For GMs, highlight to read: Edder, her spider drone, nestles within her thick hair, just at the nape of her neck. He is almost always with her, save when she sends him on missions. She wears black makeup, and techno-sorcerous jewelry. She is very pale-skinned, both as a result of her Norwegian roots, and because she rarely goes out under the sun, preferring the illumination of digital skies.

Banked Karma: 6

Attributes:
Body: 3
Agility: 2
Reaction: 2 (4)
Strength: 1
Charisma: 5
Intuition: 5
Logic: 5
Willpower: 5

Resonance: 5
Initiative: 9

Submersion Rating 1:
Echo: Overclocking

Living Persona
Firewall 5
Response 5 ( 6 (7) in VR)
Signal 3
System 5

Biofeedback filter 5
VR Matrix Initiative 11 (12)
VR Matrix Initiative passes 3 (4)

Active Skills
Cracking SG : 3
Electronics SG : 3
Compiling : 3
Decompiling : 3
Perception (Visual) : 1
Dodge (Ranged Combat) : 1
Automatics : 1
Registering: 3

Knowledge Skills:
Language Norwegian: N
Language Norsk: 6
Language English: 4
History (European): 1 (3)
Magic Background: 4
World Religion; Norse: 1 (3)
Matrix Security: 4
Data Haven (European): 2 (4)
Computer background: 3
Black Market: 2

Qualities
Positive
Lightning Reflexes (15)
Paragon (Norns) {Cyberdome} (5)
Technomancer (5)

Negative
Sensitive System (15)
Vindictive (10)
Virtual Personality (5)
Nano Intolerance (5)

Complex forms
Stealth (5)
Decrypt (3)
Attack (5)
Armor (5)
Command (5)
Exploit (5)
Browse (3)
Analyze (3)
Edit (3)
Spoof (3)
Black Hammer (5)

Contacts
Jan Thyssen, Armorer (L:3 C:3)
Alexander Korben (L:3, C:2)

Programs
5x Agent/IC/Pilot (Rating 4) -ferret, doberman, LEBD-1-
Pilot Rating 6 - Sleipnir
Pilot Rating 4 - HK 227 X
Targeting (automatics) Rating 4 - HK 227 X
Sensor Rating 3 - HK 227 X
Firewall (Rating 6) -All-
Targeting (Missile) Rating 6: Sleipnir
5x Targeting (Weapon) Autosoft (Rating 6)-Pistol: ferret, Automatics: doberman, Sleipnir, LEBD-1-
5x Defense Autosoft (Rating 6) -ferret, doberman, LEBD-1-
3x Clearsight Autosoft (Rating 6) -ferret, doberman, sleipnir-
2x Maneuver Autosoft (Rating 6) -sleipnir-ferret-

Equipments
Fake License (Rating 4)
Fake Sin (Rating 4)
Earbud
+ Audio Enhancement (Rating 2)
+ Spatial Recognizer
Glasses
+Flare Compensation
+Image Link
+Smartlink
+Thermographic Vision
Low lifestyle

HK 227 X:
-Gas Vent 3
-Smart Firing Platform
-Electronic Firing
-Camera Enhancement
- Smartlink
- Thermographic
-Heavy Barrel
-High Velocity
-1 spare clip
-60 rds Ex-explosive

Drones:

Banshees
3x Ferret RPD-1X
3x Weapon Mounts
3x Ares Predator IV
9x EX-Explosive Rounds (10 shots)(2 full clips per drone) - 2 rds.

Fenris
Doberman
GM-Nissan Doberman (Medium)
-Walker Mod
-Gecko Tips
Ares MP-LMG (external smartgun, high velocity mod)
80 rd (belt) Normal Ammo

(Skyrnr) Ford LEBD-1:
Weapon Mount (Ballista Missile Launcher)
-3 x High Explosive Rockets Rating 3

(Edder) Spider (heavily modified Kanmushi):
-Narcojet Injector
-Microwire Winch
Sensor Package:
--Camera
--Thermo
--Ultrasound
Microphone
- Audio Enhancement Rating 3
-Spatial Recognizer
-2x Double Concentration Narcojet ammo.

Sleipnir
Ta-Ta Hotspur
armor rating of 18
Sensors
Camera Neutralizing R6
Ultrawideband Radar R4
Camera (included)
+Low Light
+Smartlink
+FlareCompensation
Camera (included)
+Low Light
+Smartlink
+FlareCompensation
Radio Signal Scanner R6
MAD Scanner R3
Directional Microphone (Internal)

Vehicle Modifications
Rigger Cocoon (Basic)
Grid-link (included)
Grid-link Override
Morphing License Plate
Spoofing Chip
Multilaunch Rack
2 x Drone Rack Small (medium drone)
Satellite Communication
Camera (internal, this is a vehicle mod not a sensor)
+Low Light
+Thermographic
+FlareCompensation
WM (Ares MP-LMG (external smartgun, high velocity) (left side)
WM (Ares MP-LMG (external smartgun, high velocity) (right side)
-165 rds per belt
GM Light Cannon, Full Magazine, on extend-able Turret (turret extends from underneath the back bed on a swivel mount, not unlike a giant scorpion tail.)

Armors
Armor Vest
Securetech PPP forearm
Securetech PPP shin guards

Commlink
Commlink : Meta Link
Subvocal Microphone

Skuld grew up in from a small town in Norway. She was a worshiper of the old gods, and her mother had been the local Seidhe ( a shamanistic form of magic ) worker. Skuld was enthralled by the practice of magic, and wished to learn it from her mother, but never showed any magical ability. She beseeched all the gods to grant her magic, so that she may follow in her mother's footsteps, but received no answer. No god, from great Odin to devious Loki would give any sign in answer to her pleas. Skuld excelled in school however, and loved computers. She would spend hours at a time in the matrix, looking up anything that caught her interest. Lore was her love, the more arcane and archaic the better. The vast repository of mankind's long history and knowledge that was the matrix was open to her, and she made great use of it. She would read through any data she could find... even that information which she was not legally entitled to would find its way to her eager eyes. She was a hacker by heart, and her favorite pieces of information were those she had to wrest from the stores of those institutions who horded it like misers with their gold.
That's what she was doing during the Second Crash.
She found herself trapped in the matrix as it came down around her. She blacked out, her world spiraling down into points of lights, like a thousand stars. Her sight returned slowly, and as it did she saw a trio of women appear, their hair like liquid sunlight, their skins like liquid silver. They were clad in gowns that ran with alpha-numerals, as if the individual threads were made up of the raw data of the 'trix itself. Skuld was terrified of the three, for she knew them as the Norns, the guardians of fate.
"My name-sake," said one of the three. "You've looked for us for so long, searched for what we have to give with such fervor. Do not fear now that you have found us." Refusing to be seen as a coward, Skuld steeled herself and spoke the three.
"What would you have of your daughter?"
"We have singled you out of the weave of time and fate, young Skuld. Your thread is intertwined with those of two others. They shall be your brothers, and they shall have traveled far to find you. You will meet them in the New World, Erikson's new found land. You will know when to go to them, for we shall guide you child. When you do, you shall be their guide in this benighted century. Until that day, grow strong."
Skuld awakened to find the song of the matrix flowing around her. She had found her magic, though it was not as she imagined. She could speak to the souls of machines. Her seidhe effected the digital matter of the matrix, her scryings peered into the databases of the world. Beyond this, she found she had memories of life not her own. In the eye of her memory she could see great clashes of men in iron armor and broad swords, dragon-headed ships that slid through the ocean like great wooden sharks, and hear the beautiful and fierce words of these people. A past life, for certain. Whether it had been hers, she could not say.
She would spend her time preparing, before her brothers needed her. The shadows are not so thick in Scandinavia as perhaps they were on the Continent, but she found those who braved the world beneath the corps, and learned from them how to survive on her own terms, how to live a life of freedom and theft and blood.
The day finally came, when she heard the call to come to her brothers. As if from a great distance she heard their names, and knew where she would meet them. She stretched out in the matrix took what she needed. She left for the city of Seattle.

***As of the events of And High Water...***

Skuld's initiation into the Seattle shadows was rocky to say the least. Just trying to make ends meet while she searched for her brothers, she became entangled in a web of betrayal and revenge. The group who had hired her, known as the the Cleric, were a pseudo-religious organization made up of an eclectic group of individuals. Their leader, known as Matron, was assaulted while hiring a team of shadowrunners, of whom Skuld was one.
In the aftermath of the attack, Skuld pledged herself to getting back the Matron. Under the direction of Korben, the Cleric's armorer and de-facto second-in-command, Skuld and her fellow runners set out to make the Ria pay. Many were lost, but eventually the fight was brought to their enemies very doorstep...

Now, Skuld has been accepted by the Cleric as one of their own. She doesn't know what to make of them, but is more than glad for the assistance they can offer. Still, she makes her own way as she continues to search out her way-ward brothers, the Norns' warnings spurring her on.

Last edited by T_Hawk on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro   T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Handle: Puck
Name: Robin Goodfellow
Metatype: Free Spirit
Height: 5'3”, though the short horns on the top of his head add another inch or so.
Eye Color: Yellow
Hair Color: Cobalt Blue
Weight: 110 lbs.
Spirit Type: Man/Trickster

Attributes:

Body: 2
Agility: 2
Reaction: 2
Strength: 2
Charisma: 4
Intuition: 3
Logic: 2
Force: 5
Edge: 3
Initiative: 5 (physical) 6 (astral)
Initiative Passes: 2 (Astral: 3)

Active Skills:

Spellcasting: 5
Counter-spelling: 5
Assensing: 3
Perception: 2
Con: 2 (Fast Talk 4)
Disguise: 1

Knowledge Skills:
Magic Background: 5
Spell Design: 2
Art: 2 (4 Poetry)
History: 2

Language:
Sperethiel: 3

Magical Tradition:
Path of the Wheel
Drain: Willpower + Charisma

Qualities:
Magician

Negative Qualities:
Former Ally Spirit
Computer Illiterate
Incompetent: Longarms
Incompetent: Automatics
Incompetent: Pistols

Spells:

Lightning Bolt
Heal
Astral Armor
Offensive Mana Barrier
Knockout
Shattershield
Levitate

Free Spirit Powers:

Materialization
Realistic Form
Mutable Form
Banishment Resistance
Spirit Pact: Friendship
Immunity to Normal Weapons
Psychokinesis
Accident
Enhanced Senses: Low-light Vision, Hearing

Lifestyle: Street

*Notes for GMs, highlight to read: Puck would seem to be an old spirit. For GMs who considers spirits to have existed prior to their initial summoning in the 6th World, he actually was the inspiration for Shakespear's famed character. One of them, at least. For GMs who hold that spirits are created by the minds of magicians, he was summoned by a magician with a flair for the dramatic, and a penchant for old literature.
He was first summoned in the Welsh countryside, in the Cambrian Mountains.
As per his quality, he was once an ally spirit to a magician, who holds a copy of his spirit formula.

It's late one night at Dante's Inferno, and a young woman makes her way up to the bar. She is fresh from the dance floor, and her hair is damp with sweat, and her breathing rapid. She smiles at the bar-tender and orders a drink. While she waits on it, she turns around, leaning her back against the counter, and watches the people around her.
Out on the floor, lights strobe, the music rumbles, bodies twist and entwine. The girl smiles, looking out at the mass of people. The noise, the hurried movements of the dancers... Dante's was a place where people came to let it all out. It was exhilarating.
“Ah, a student of humanity, are we?” The voice sounds off to her right, and she turns to look at the speaker. Next to her, mimicking her posture, a small, was a small, slight man, smiling at her. Man? Maybe not. His hair fell down below his shoulders, and was a startling blue color. It was swept back from a high fore-head, from which sprouted two small horns. Long, sharply pointed ears peaked out from beneath his hair, much longer and sharper than even an elf's. His eyes, staring at her, were an unsettling yellow color, and slitted like a cat's. His teeth were very white, and framed by a somewhat feral grin. His skin, as far as she could tell in the dark and flashing lights of the club, was nut-brown... not tan exactly. He wore a purple shirt, it's sleeves gone, and left unbuttoned and open, exposing his bare chest underneath. His hands were tucked into old, faded and torn denim jeans, and he wore half-laced combat boots on his feet.
“A good evening to you. I'm Robin, Robin Goodfellow, but you may call me Puck if you like.” He straightens, and then flourishes a bow, hands sweeping down and out. The girl stares for a moment, then bursts out laughing.
“What, like from Shakespeare?” She asks, a smirk touching her features.
“Ah, I knew you to be a learned lass! A student of humanity, a follower of the Bard... my, but you are quite the erudite young thing, aren't you?” His grin widens, and there is a feral quality to it that at once attracts and repels. “Truly, a shrewd and knavish sprite; that's me.” He says, laughing.
The girl laughs too, and Puck's eyes twinkle. “Yeah, sure. I gotta admit, I don't think any guy's ever used that as a line before.” She turns to the bar, away from Puck, and pretends to busy herself with her drink. Unabashed, the imp draws closer to her, resting one elbow on the bar and leaning in so that his lips are next to her ear. She pulls away, leaning back from him.
“And would you blame me? I tell you true, 'tis a hard thing for a man to catch the eye of one such as you.” He leans in further, and she pulls even further back, until she bumps into the man on her other side. “Look chummer, back off. I ain't buying any, so go slot yourself.”
Puck snaps back, as though slapped, a look of almost comical dismay on his face. “My dear, I did not mean to offend! If I have done so, I am sorry. Tell me, what can I do to make an amend?” He holds up his hands, spreading his fingers wide, and looks at her earnestly, his face straight and serious.
“Just... take off, alright? I'd rather just enjoy my drink.” She faces away from him, her shoulders slightly hunched, her body language stating that she wanted nothing to do with him. Puck sighed, saying, “The lady asks, and the Puck obeys," turning away and walking into the crowd, where he vanished into the crowd. The girl lets out a deep breath when she sees him leave, relief evident on her face.
She starts to take a sip from her drink, but as she raises the glass to her lips, it slips from her fingers and falls to the floor, where it shatters. The bartender gives her a disgusted look, and pours her another. As reaches out for the second drink, her fingers knock the drink away, and the tumbling glass spills its contents onto the bar, where it manages to soak the front of the bartender's shirt.
Glaring at her, he says, “I think you've had enough, girl. Why don't I call a taxi for you?” The girl shakes her head, not ready to leave the club yet. She pays the shot and heads back out onto the dance floor, hoping to forget about the evening's bad turn as she dances. Unfortunately, she hadn't been on the floor but for a few minutes when one of her shoes heels snaps, and she falls hard on her butt. When she tried to stand up, the other heel snapped, sending her down again.
Holding back tears of embarrassment, she hurried off the floor and up to the entrance. She bumped into a man carrying drinks, which he promptly spilled down all over her. When he tried to help her clean off, fumbling at the front of her dress with a napkin, he managed to catch one of the straps of her dress on a studded cuff, which promptly snapped the strap. Pushing past him, holding up one side of her dress for modesty's sake, she managed to make it to the top of the stairs. She pushed open the door of the lobby, and escaped out into the night.

Back below, three men cackled with laughter, slapping back and bent double. Everyone around them shot them dirty looks, as they were managing to actually drown out the music. When they show no sign of stopping, one of the club's bouncers comes over and tells them to take it somewhere else. Still laughing, they all head up to the lobby.
Finally, they calm down, and one of them turns to another, his voice raw from all the laughter. “Didn't I tell you we'd knock her down a peg or two, Tom?” His friend smiles. “It's no less than she deserves, after she cheated on you.” That sobers Tom up a bit, though he keeps his smile on. His friend didn't notice the pain behind Tom's eyes, and kept on chuckling to himself.
“Ha ha ha... heh. Thanks, Puck. That was pretty good... over too soon though.” He looks over at the third member of the group, an odd-looking fellow with blue hair and horns. A wide grin split Puck's sharp face, and mischief shone behind his own eyes. “'Twas no problem at all, Robert, and quite entertaining to boot. But there's the matter of a certain piper to pay, yes?” He held out a hand, bending forwards slightly. Still chuckling Robert dug out a single credstick and placed it in the out-stretched hand. “There you go.”
“Thank you. And now, a good night to you both.” Puck waves goodbye, making a lazy two-fingered salute as he turned to leave. The two friends turned away... and both tripped, falling flat on their faces. Hearing the groans behind him, Puck chuckled.

1. What is your character's Sex? Male... sort of. Puck identifies himself as a "he," but his malleable physical form, and more esoteric existence as a spirit make the matter a little murky.

2. What is your character's physical size? He's generally short and slight. 110 lbs (50 kg), 5'3" (2.10 mtrs.). This, like so many other aspects of him, is quite mercurial.

3. What is the color of the character's hair, eyes, and skin? His astral form (and the way he usually appears when he manifests): Cobalt hair, large yellow eyes, and nut-brown skin.

4. What is the character's general appearance (i.e., How does he/she dress, etc.)? He likes to appear wearing worn, comfortable clothing. Usually a button-up shirt with the sleeves removed, and left unbottoned. Jeans (or, if he's wanting to tart up a bit, slacks) and combat boots (or wing-tips) complete the ensemble. He wears 3 gold hoop earrings, 2 in the left and 1 in the right ear. He sometimes appears with tattoos, as the mood hits him.

5. Where was the character born (City, State, Hospital Name)? That would be telling. As a spirit, he has a location on Earth that holds the psychic impression of his spirit formula (or true name, if you're being old-fashioned), but he keeps this location a closely guarded secret.

6. What is the character's date of birth? See above. He's been around quite a while... by a spirit's reckoning.

7. What was the character's family life like? He doesn't have one... though he was once bound as an ally to a magician named Adara verch Eynon, Countess of Radnorshire. He doesn't much share the details on how he came by his freedom though...

8. Has the character begun his/her own family? Nope. Again, spirit.

9. Where or how was the character educated? He would say he's classically educated... the most classic form of education being, of course, experience.

10. Has the character ever done anything else for a living? He has no need to work, and actually goes out of his way to avoid doing so... unless it might prove interesting.

11. What are the character's political and religious beliefs? He would say he's a-political. As for religious beliefs, he follows the Elven "Path of the Wheel" tradition of magic... but regards much of it as utter rubbish. Part of this may be that as a natural being, he exists outside the classical interpretation of the wheel's philosophy, which is concerned with the growth and evolution of an individual metahuman through his or her life. If you can get him to speak on the matter though, he'll tell you that he thinks it's all a bunch of rubbish developed by old gray long-ears with ulterior motives. He regards life as flowing from magic, and magic as flowing from life. Nice, cryptic, and spiritual-sounding, eh?

12. Describe the character's moral code. Include how mercenary he/she is, whether or not he’ll/she'll kill innocents, etc. Moral codes and Puck don't exactly mix. He does what he wants, when he wants, for whatever reason happens to be passing between his pointed ears at the moment. "Capricious" is too nice a word for him, and "mercurial" not a flexible enough term. He lives to cause mischief, and especially delights in deceptions spun from half-truths. He will stick by those for whom he feels affection, however - he never fails to help a friend. Though with Puck, help is often a subjective term.

13. What are the character's goals? Mischief. Primarily with denizens of the physical plane - they are ever so much fun to play with, after all. To accomplish this, he's developing ties with individuals to help him achieve a more lasting presence in our world.

14. Why does the character run the shadows? (Why does he/she run the shadows still, rather than getting a "real" job?) Because it seems like such fun! Actually, he could care less for what he's doing, but running means excitement and the chance to wreak mischief against a multitude of people. It also gives him a chance to work with runners, which helps him to acquire the power necessary to remain on the physical plane permanently.

15. What kind of personality does your character have? This should not necessarily be obviously stated in the background, as it is more important for actually playing the character, but it may color or add mood to the history:

16. What special qualities does the character possess? This does not refer to skills, but rather to other things, such as how she gets along with people, whether he/she plans ahead, etc.

17. Are there certain things that the character can't or won't do? Why?

18. What things, people, or ideas does the character hate?

19. What things people, or ideas does the character love?

20. What is the character's name? Give both full birth name, as well as nicknames, street names, etc.

21. Determine what your character used to do, before becoming a shadowrunner (very important).

22. Decide why your character left her old job, if she had one (also important).

23. Come up with a reason for why the character became a shadowrunner:

24. How did your character come to know his/her contacts?

25. Does the character have a SIN? Does the character actually use it? Or is the character one of the SINless masses?

26. Is the character a full-time shadowrunner? Or does the character lead a Batman-like double existence?

27. Which person(s) or group(s) does he love the most?

28. Which person(s) or group(s) does he hate the most?

29. Which person(s) or group(s) does he respect the most?

30. Which person(s) or group(s) does he fear the most?

31. What is his favorite color?

32. What is his favorite food and/or drink?

33. What place would he most like to visit?

34. Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to?

35. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives him the most enjoyment?

36. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives him the least enjoyment?
37. What annoys him the most?

38. What (if any) is his favorite form of art?

39. What is his greatest goal?

40. What do you think is your characters best quality?

41. What do you think is your characters worst quality?

42. What is the most important thing he has ever done?

43. Which religion (if any) does he follow?

44. What is his most treasured possession (and why)?

45. What are his three most common dreams?

46. What is the Character's current relationship with his family?

47. If the character's family is still alive, what do they do, and where do they live?

48. Where did the character learn his/her Skills?

49. Does the character have a good luck charm? What is it, and why?

50. What type of music does the character like?

51. List any past serious relationships that your character has had, and give a brief overview of the relationship.

52. Where does your character live? Why does he/she live there?
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro   T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am

Name: John Valentine
Street Handle: Valentine
Metatype: Human
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 165 lbs
Eye / Hair Color: Grey / Brown

Attributes
Body: 2
Agility: 4
Reaction: 4
Strength: 1
Charisma: 5
Intuition: 4
Logic: 4

Initiative: 8

Active Skills:
Sorcery Skill Group: 4
Conjuring Skill Group: 3
Influence Skill Group: 2
Pistols: 2 (Semi-auto + 2)
Astral Combat: 3
Perception: 4
Assensing: 4

Knowledge Skills:
Magic Background: 5
Crook Hangouts: 4
Gangs: 2
Mafia: 2
Dealers: 2
Black Markets: 2
Safe Houses: 3
Lone Star Procedures: 1

Languages:
Latin:3

Qualities:

Positive:
Magician
Mentor Spirit
St. Micheal (Dragonslayer)
+2 dice for Combat Spells, + 2 dice for one Social skill (Con)
-1 dice if a promise is ever broken.

Negative
Addiction: Moderate (Cigarettes)
Spirit Bane (Black Magic Spirits)
Sensitive System

Magical Tradition:

Spells:
Fireball
Heal
Increase Reflexes
Improved Invisibility
Armor
Shattershield
Analyze Magic
Levitate

Equipment:

Weapons:
Savalette Guardian
+10 rounds Stick 'n' Shock rounds
+10 rounds Ex-explosive rounds

Armor:
Berwick Line Suit Jacket
'' Trousers
'' Shirt

Commlink:
Meta Link
+Iris Orb OS

Magical Equipment:
Magical Lodge Materials R5
Manipulation Fetish
Combat Fetish
Detection Fetish

Lifestyle: Low (1 month)

Contacts
Father Lentulus:
L3:C2

Background:
Forthcoming. See questionnaire 'till then.

2. What is your character's physical size? Slight. Stress and the years have taken their toll on him, and he looks like he's constantly skipping meals... mostly because he is. Cred's hard to come by, after all.

3. What is the color of the character's hair, eyes, and skin? Jack's eyes are grey, his hair a mousy brown. His skin is pale white... the term "pallid" comes to mind.

4. What is the character's general appearance (i.e., How does he/she dress, etc.)? He wears a pin-stripe suit, complete with fedora. It's old, and has a few stains here and there. In a few spots it's worn thin enough that if someone were to look really close, they could make out the second thread pattern of the underlying armor beneath. Jack doesn't press it often either... it's constantly rumpled, and makes its wearer seem rather disheveled.

5. Where was the character born (City, State, Hospital Name)? Providence Regional Medical Center, Everett, Seattle, UCAS.

6. What is the character's date of birth? February 14, 2050.

7. What was the character's family life like? His mother was single, his father having skipped out on the family a few months before he was born. She did her best for him, but she was very young when he was born... not even out of her teens. She tried honest work for a time... but waitressing just wasn't enough to make ends meet. Eventually, she started working for strip clubs, which provided enough money for her and her son to get by on... just. She would eventually be forced to leave the clubs as her age advanced and she lacked the money to get cosmetic corrections. She wound up as a janitor for a local school. John remembers his childhood being characterized by the poverty around him.

8. Has the character begun his/her own family? He was married, for a short time. It didn't work out, but he has a child by his wife. Their daughter is 5 now, and John wishes that his ex would let him see her more often.

9. Where or how was the character educated? Everett Public school, until he was 13 and went to work. He eventually went took the test to get his GED and passed... not that it counts for much.

10. Has the character ever done anything else for a living? He worked several odd jobs as a kid. He hustled on the street: shells games and the like. He spent some time working as a go-between for a BTL dealer in the neighborhood. He also did some odd jobs for the local Catholic church... manual labor mostly. The jobs were given to him largely out of pity... but it did him good.

11. What are the character's political and religious beliefs? He was raised Catholic. His encounters with malevolent spirits in his youth led him to believe that God had forsaken him... even after he learned to use the magic he had been born with, he viewed his religion as something of an albatross. And this despite the fact that he'd been taught by a member of the Parish.

12. Describe the character's moral code. Include how mercenary he/she is, whether or not he’ll/she'll kill innocents, etc. His morality is... questionable. He's done a lot of things to make ends meet: con tourists, deal in beetles, even some petty theft. He doesn't like to take lives, though he's done it before. He just never knows what he will or won't do until the question's right in front of him... and he goes with his gut. How desperate he is at the moment has a lot to do with what he's willing to do at any given moment.

13. What are the character's goals? Make some cash, get a better place, bring Eloise around to letting him see Helen more... yeah. That and finding a decent drink at a discount price. Oh, and avoiding any spirits that might have it out for him. Always that.

14. Why does the character run the shadows? (Why does he/she run the shadows still, rather than getting a "real" job?) You do what you can with what you have, right? Well, Valentine's got magic. Not many do. But with his background and psych profile? Aren't many Corps lining up to hire a washed up magician with a drinking problem and a background with more spots than a dalmatian. So, he puts his talents and wit to solving cases. He deals mostly in rogue spirits, paracritters... magical problems, you know? But he'll take any job that pays enough. He's done more than his share of spying on cheating spouses and the like.

15. What kind of personality does your character have? "Morose" fits. "Alcoholic" fits more and more every day. "Hard-bitten" also applies. "Slob" and "loser" have been thrown around as well.

16. What special qualities does the character possess? This does not refer to skills, but rather to other things, such as how she gets along with people, whether he/she plans ahead, etc. He's got a rather astute mind... after all, his job revolves around seeing connections that most people overlook. He's got a good background in magic, and a even better background in shady dealings.

17. Are there certain things that the character can't or won't do? Why? He won't do anything that crosses the "moral event horizon." For example, he wouldn't sexually assault someone. He doesn't like to kill people... but you never know until you see a check with enough numbers to make it seem like a good idea, right?

18. What things, people, or ideas does the character hate? Hate? Hate would imply that he puts effort into it. Now, "dislike" or perhaps even "loathe..." well, he can apply that to plenty of things. His life, for example.

19. What things people, or ideas does the character love? His daughter... what, you want more? Seriously?

20. What is the character's name? Give both full birth name, as well as nicknames, street names, etc. He was born "John Micheal Valentine Mancinelli." His mom dropped the surname after his dad left though, so he's always gone by "John Valentine."

21. Determine what your character used to do, before becoming a shadowrunner (very important). Beyond the aforementioned odd jobs? He was an apprentice to Carlos Herrera. The man more or less ran his life for roughly five years... at least till the old guy died.

22. Decide why your character left her old job, if she had one (also important). Wasn't so much as matter of "left" as it was "woke up one day and found that the old guy was dead and becoming a para-investigator sort of fell in his lap afterward.

23. Come up with a reason for why the character became a shadowrunner: He wouldn't classify himself as a shadowrunner. He does whatever pays the bills, you know? If that happens to be on the other side of the law... well, being SINless has its benefits, right? I mean, it'd have to what with all the drawbacks it has.

24. How did your character come to know his/her contacts? Father Lentulus was the Parish priest in Everett. As a boy, Valentine always wondered how the good Father would find out about his less-than-legal side-jobs. Now that he's a man and does the occasional work for the Father, Jack doesn't wonder so much.

25. Does the character have a SIN? Does the character actually use it? Or is the character one of the SINless masses? He's sinless. His family seems to have always been poor, and fell between the cracks in the system long ago.

26. Is the character a full-time shadowrunner? Or does the character lead a Batman-like double existence? Full-time nothing. 'Cept maybe drinker. He does whatever work comes his way... but it doesn't really come with any regularity.

27. Which person(s) or group(s) does he love the most? Honestly..? He supposes the Church has it's good points... just don't ask him what they are.

28. Which person(s) or group(s) does he hate the most? Heh. You want a list? Well, start off with the Government, then move on to the Corps, then add in those rich slots living in triple-A, then....

29. Which person(s) or group(s) does he respect the most? Cats. They mind their own slottin' business... 'cept for the blackberries, and at least they're good for making the odd job for Valentine.

30. Which person(s) or group(s) does he fear the most? Spirits. Black magic spirits. Like magician like created, right? They've been the bane of his existence for as long as he'd been alive.

31. What is his favorite color? Bourbon brown.

32. What is his favorite food and/or drink? Whatcha got? Anything over 120 proof?

33. What place would he most like to visit? Tahiti. Why? You gotta ask?

34. Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to? He won't do anything that might bring harm to his daughter. And maybe the good Father... maybe.

35. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives him the most enjoyment? A bottle of fine bourbon and no work that day.

36. What pastime (that he participates in regularly) gives him the least enjoyment? Cards. He never can seem to break even.

37. What annoys him the most? ... Again, do you want a list or what?

38. What (if any) is his favorite form of art? Black and white photos. Not that he'd ever admit it.

39. What is his greatest goal? To make enough cash to tell the world to slot off... and to take Helen away from Eloise and move someplace warm.

40. What do you think is your characters best quality? He's smart enough to have kept himself alive and in work for most of his life. Given his background, that's fairly impressive.

41. What do you think is your characters worst quality? He's a border-line alcoholic, self-serving, more than a bit slovenly... well, there's a lot about him that could do with improvement.

42. What is the most important thing he has ever done? He once tracked down a rogue free spirit that had been committing serial murders in a poor neighborhood and banished it.

43. Which religion (if any) does he follow? He's Catholic if he's anything.

44. What is his most treasured possession (and why)? A small holo of his daughter that he keep in his jacket pocket.

45. What are his three most common dreams? All nightmares. All about bad encounters with spirits when he was young.

46. What is the Character's current relationship with his family? His mother passed away about 7 years ago. His wife lives closer to downtown with his daughter. She hates his guts, and he's only been able to see his daughter 2 or 3 times in the past year because of Eloise's meddling.

47. If the character's family is still alive, what do they do, and where do they live? Eloise is a wage-slave working for a Mitsuhama outlet. She's not really a Corp-girl, as she works by the hour rather than on salary, but she wants to be one someday. Helen is in primary school, a public one though Eloise has been trying to get her into one of the private ones owned by Mitsuhama.

48. Where did the character learn his/her Skills? He learned his street-lore by working them. He learned his magical skills from Carlos.

49. Does the character have a good luck charm? What is it, and why? His daughter's holo is something of charm for him... when he's contemplating how bad his lie is, he takes it out and stares at it, remembering why he doesn't just eat a bullet and get it over with. He also has a plastic set of Rosary beads that belonged to his mother.

50. What type of music does the character like? Blues and Jazz.

51. List any past serious relationships that your character has had, and give a brief overview of the relationship. His earliest "real" relationship was with a girl by the name of Alia in his mid-teens. She was attracted to the fact that he was something of a "bad-boy..." you know, what with his being a BTL runner and such. Her father was a working-class stiff over at the Naval yard though, and put enough strain on the two of them that it eventually ended the relationship.

Eloise was his next serious girl, and he ended up marrying her. She like the fact that he was an apprenctice magician more than anything... she saw it as a way to get ahead, since magicians were highly sought after by the Corps. She was a looker too... which is what caught Valentine. When the years passed and she saw that her husband wasn't likely to ever be anything more than a lousy gumshoe, she left and took his daughter with her.

52. Where does your character live? Why does he/she live there? 2802 Hoyt Ave, Everett, Seattle. It was the best he could afford with the money he makes... it might have been nice, 60 or 70 years ago. It serves as both his office and living space, and the neighborhood's not so bad that it scares away that many customers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro   T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro Empty

Back to top Go down

T Hawk's Characters: Toshiro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Characters-
Jump to: