Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Some Assembly Required -IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 403
Age : 33
Location : Hungary
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:08 am

While (still) trying to get on the top of the elevator, Tokko asks: "Dreams? What kind of dreams did you guys had?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:31 am

Atashi shakes her head then replies NO, this wasn't a dream. this was when that thing attacked us, i got into its head. Not the other way around, They seem to know about us but don't at the same time. I had a brief conversation with there leader. If you could call it that, he more talked and shouted at me then i was thrown back to my body. It seems that whatever these things are. there's a lot of infighting going on with them, and there not sure weather they should kill us or keep watching us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 36
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 am

[Still Aalith? I must have missed when you started. And you guys may have to excuse me a little but, it seems that I am not getting email notices when someone updates, I was on my way to find out why everyone is so quiet only to find that I missed 3 posts]

Tokko, Andrew: You have no problem what-so-ever getting the service panel open; Andrew simply needed to stand on Tokko's shoulders, find the latch and open it. As you look through the service access you see a shaft that continues straight up for as far as you can see. The sides of the shaft are made of the molted green metal as everything else but is bunched and corded looking like muscle fibers. Veins can be seen along the length of the shaft and pulses of light can be seen traveling up the shaft. You watch a few of the pulses as they travel to they converge at a point far far above you (As if you were standing on railroad tracks, the tracks appear to converge far in the distance). There also appear to be some type of large gargoyle like creatures is the shaft. Every once in a while a winged shaped can he seen flying from one side of the shaft to the other. Strangly what you do not see are any types of cables or rails for the lift to travel on.

Sparks: You have a sprite now.

Meers Speaks: "Dreams Sir? What type of dreams are you having? I don't often remember my dreams so I like to hear about other peoples."
[to Atashi]
"What do you mean 'Their Leader' what happened? How is it is possible that you were inside the specter's head? Is that possible at all? I mean if you tried to hack Spark's would you end up inside his head? and no I am not suggesting you try it."

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 302
Age : 25
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:49 am

Shu was puzzled by the new development. "I no longer believe that this is a corporate-sponsored environment, either. Yet you say that these...things...have a leader. What did it say to you? What did it want? Did it tell you where we are?" He asked his questions unhurriedly. He did not want to antagonize the girl with a bombardment of questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 250
Age : 39
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:44 pm

"Okay, there's a Matrix connection somewhere in this place." Pats his new sprite, almost like most people would a dog. "Do a full analysis on this place, and echo all your data to me and the commlink in here." to the others, it looks like Sparks is talking to himself, but Atashi can see the little guy just fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:57 am

Before we move from this spot we need to get things together. someone needs to be chosen as the leader of this ragtag group. Personaly i would vote for Andrew, as i don't have that much of a problem with him and he seems to be more intelligent than mister lug nuts over there she points at tokko. however were going to need a plan for this. sense were sitting here i'm going to try to get something done to give a bit of a edge and take a load off of sparks. It will take me about an hour or more though, so hope i'm lucky and its only about a hour Atashi sits back down on the wall, and adopts the Vishu of her eyes appearing to glaze over and her focus is somewhere else entire

within moments of slouching down on the ground she had gone full VR and was opening up her edit progra to start compiling some programs to be of use such as a bug. hopefully it could be useful in someway against these things Coding (9d6.hits(5)=4)


Last edited by Starcraft on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Jhon looked - seemingly for the first time since all this craziness started - directly into Meera's eyes. And suddenly he was struck by the fact that he had, for some unknown reason, been avoiding direct contact with the girl. 'Why is that?' he wondered to himself. 'Meera would be a prime source for information being she's been here far longer than the rest of us. Has someone - or something - been manipulating me? Preventing me from questioning her?'

Now that he'd had the dream/memory flash/whatever it was, Jhon was once again chilled by the seeming ease with which they'd all been used against their will, indeed against their very knowledge.

"Meera," he said hesitantly, then continued with more confidence as the strange reluctance seemed to drain from him the more he resisted it. "Meera, I dreamed of you...but you looked older in the dream. You told me to sleep. Then I saw strange creatures, like trideo aliens; you know, green skin, big eyes. Then," Jhon looked at the door of the elevator as though seeing some other part of the place (thing?) they were desperately trying to escape, then back at Meera, "I dreamed I was here, but those things were all around me...doing things to me...like experiments or something."

He looked around at the others, embarrassed at describing his dreams in front of everyone. Jhon was seldom so forthcoming about such personal details. No one, however, seemed to find anything humorous in what he'd said.

Returning his gaze to Meera, he asked, "Does it mean anything to you?"
Then he asked the question he had to know, but dreaded the answer, "Was it real?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:07 pm

After comin' back down from the access hatch. Andrew speaks up to the group a bit.

"OK everyone so this is mostly just for everyone awareness, but this elevator shaft has some weird creatures flyin around way up there. I dont think they're a big deal or a threat right now but i bet they are there in case we try to escape out shaft or something. Also, I cant see any sort of lift mechanism for the elevator, so unless something pushes it up from the bottom i dont how this thing moves. And we need to find some sort of food or something to eat. i dont know about you guys but im starving. we need food to be on the top of our game here. any suggestions?"


"also does anyone have any ideas for maybe being able to find a map or get a layout, like can you tech people do that? is that possible?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 am

Etiquette Test (Cha3+Eti3)
6d6= 3

Waiting for Meera's reply to the disclosure of his dreams/memories, Jhon was distracted by Andrew's report of the upper elevator shaft. He wasn't thrilled by the presence of more of those things, but there was a chance they would not become a problem.

"Andrew," he said, "were those things between us and the next floor doors? Could we possibly climb far enough to get out of here?"

Shifting his attention to Tokko, Jhon asked, "What about the shaft itself, not the lack of cables. Could we climb up? I know Sparks and Atashi could probably get the elevator up to the next floor, but something is telling me we need to stop doing what's expected and start improvising."

Jhon steps over to Shu and grasps the man by the shoulders, squeezing reassuringly.
"You show much giri, omae. It is my great fortune to know you."
Jhon then releases Shu's shoulders and bows as to an honored equal.

Turning from Shu, Jhon addressed the group:
"Ok, people. There are a few things we need to discuss before we move out. We've all been missing some important facts that have been right under our noses (in the case of us guys, literally under our noses) and I think its time we paid some attention to them:
1. Have any of you other guys noticed that none of us are showing a '5 o'clock shadow'? We've been going how long since we all woke up, hours? And who knows how long we were unconscious before that. Somehow I doubt our captors bothered to shave us during their 'examinations.'
2. Though Andrew is right about being hungry - again, who knows how long its been since any of us ate - we've not only been running in high gear but running on high levels of adrenaline as well. Sure, we got a little sleep earlier, but we all know that sleep under stressful conditions is not very restful at all. But do any of you feel lethargic? Fuzzy-headed? And, forgive me, but has anyone needed to go...#1 or #2?
3. We've all experienced some kind of sleep-induced memory breakthrough. Its obvious that our memories have been intentionally repressed, which would indicate that there's something we all know that 'they' don't want us to recall. If we could somehow tap into those repressed memories, we might learn something to get us out of this.
4. And last but not least-," Jhon paused here and looked at Meera with concerned but not accusing eyes, "did anyone else dream about Meera?"

Looking down at the still recuperating Sparks, Jhon squatted near the kid and looked him over critically.
"How you doing, sport? Any better?"

He glanced at Atashi next.
"How about you? Feel up to helping this guy move like the hotshot he thinks he is?"
Jhon smirked at Sparks again, showing he was just jibing the kid.

Next, Jhon went to Ricky, still with a protective arm around Meera.
"What do you think, doc? Any thoughts on how we could all be showing no signs of simple metabolic process after so much apparent elapsed time? I'm no doctor, but even I know we all should be showing some kind of effects; no facial hair growth, no extreme fatigue, physical or mental, no distinct body odor. I mean, no offense, but we all should be reeking by now."

He looked back to include everyone.
"There's something weirder than we've imagined going on here, and I believe if we want to get out of this alive, we better start brainstorming and try to figure out what it is."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 36
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 am

Meera Smiles a bit at Jhon, "Thats sweet of you to dream of me but I don't know why you would. And of course it wasn't real, everyone knows Trideo aliens aren't real. I haven't seen any of them around here either. Just the doctors, guards and workers. I managed to slip away once for a few days and never saw anyone else.... This place is creepy and I want to go home."

"And now that you mention it I really need to....ummm....use the facilities......as it were."

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:50 pm

"Now that you mention it I couldn't see any doors on the shaft. It was all just that weird green metal. As for climbing it, I'm sure we could because its almost like its fibrous and muscle like. But we would have to work our way through those gargoyle things and we might end up climbing forever before we get anywhere that we can exit the shaft through. As we raise and lower the lift we can definitely keep and eye out for any sort of access panels or whatever that open up into the shaft, but right now it looks like the front door of this lift is the only way off this elevator."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 46
Location : Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:29 am

Ricky face follows with a look of surprise then possible understanding. "yes... yes... it is possible that we are all in an induced group sleep or something. It would explain why there are no spirits here." His look is one that is unsure if that is a comfort or not.

"If that is the case, then what do we do? How the hell do we get out of here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Jhon was frustrated by Meera's response. He'd felt certain that her presence in his dream/memory was significant. Of course it was possible the girl was lying, or perhaps her own memories had been altered to the point that she really didn't know any more than she let on.
And the environment made him feel queasy. An elevator shaft made of muscle fiber and tissue? It had to be some kind of mass nightmare!

After hearing Ricky's response, Jhon considered a possible idea. Closing his eyes, he concentrated on resisting an illusion, if one existed.
1 hit

Feeling no physical movement or shift, Jhon opens his eyes and looks about for any sign of alteration in the elevator.
3 hits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 250
Age : 39
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 pm

All this talk of bathrooms really managed to hit below the belt, so to say. "Speaking of facilities, could somebody give me a boost to the roof?" Sparks said, "That is, unless you really want to designate a corner of the elevator as a bathroom."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 36
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:57 am

Jhon, you see no difference in the lift or your companions after trying to resist an illusion

Sparks, your sprite runs off and starts feeding you and Atashi a little bit of data before the data stream changes. you can take the time to analyze why it changed but the data stream now resembles the strange data type that the drones were all using. No matrix access point was detected before the data changed.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:44 am

Frustrated, Jhon turns his eyes to Sparks.

"Well, Hotshot," he says, "what do you think? Check out the remaining two levels? 'Cause at the moment I'm fresh out of ideas."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:57 pm

an hour passes sense the last time that Atashi spoke up, when finaly she opens her eyes and pronounces Done, hopefully this might give us some edge, but we will see. she looks around and then asks so what did i miss over the past hour?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Jhon takes a deep breath, looks at Atashi, and says:

"SomeofuswerediscussingsomestrangedreamswehadandhowtheymightberelatedotoursituationandthenAndrewandTokkocheckedoutthe'maintenanceaccess'panelintheceilingbutitlooksasthoughwecan'tuseitsincethere'screaturesupthereandthewallslooklikelivingtissueofsomekindandsowetalkedabutaboutalternativeoptionsandthenSparksdidsomethingandyou'woke'upand that'sprettymucheverything..."

Jhon, looking alarmingly like a thermometer that's been brushed a few times with a blowtorch inhaled raggedly and wiped sweat from his forehead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 36
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:09 pm

that about sums it up.

now what chummers?

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Having no other immediate idea as to what actions to take now, Jhon takes a moment to concentrate on remembering more of what had happened to him prior to waking up in his 'cell'.
Log 3 + Will 3
6d6.hits(5) → [1,5,5,6,5,3] = (4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 36
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Jhon went to sleep in his bedvat home after a rather boring day at work.

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 36
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 am

As the group sits around the lift wallowing in their own personal miseries, things get abnormally quiet. Even Jhon who has been trying to spur everyone into action is quiet. Not even the ever present thumming noise can be heard.

Everyone starts to look at each other, Meera opens her mouth to say something…..

Suddenly the floor drops out from under out, literally. The lift just drops.

Meera scream of shock and panic fill the room as everyone finds themselves in freefall floating a couple of feet off of the floor.

Then there are several thuds and the lift shakes from the impact. A gray, clawed hand reached through the service panel and takes a swipe. Toko Manages to twist out of the way but Andrew was less lucky as the claw tears the sleeve of his jumpsuit and gouges his arm (superficial damage).

The gargoyles (for lack of a better term) then proceed to start ripping the roof from the lift. Everyone scrambles to get out of the way of their grasping claws. Toko and Jhon fire several shots at the creatures only to watch as the darts bounced off of their hides. Sparks and Atashi go virtual and attack the creatures virtually.

After what seems like a long time (about 45 seconds, if anyone wants to calculate how far you fell, assume standard acceleration due to gravity) the gargoyles break off the attack.

Next the lift Stops (doesn’t crash, doesn’t slow down, it just stops) and everyone continues to fall through the floor like it wasn’t there.

The group find itself floating through the air (though still falling rapidly) in a large room (description to follow). All to soon the floor rises up to meet them. They fall into a pile on the floor (Bumps, bruises, the wind in knocked out of you, someone’s hand happens to find its way onto Atashi’s breasts, again superficial damaged till Atashi decided to kick Spark’s butt for taking advantage of the situation).

As you untangle yourselves, you find yourself surrounded. There are about 4 dog sized spectre creatures in a ring about 15 feet from you as well as 4 guard drones. These drones are dressed like roman legionaries, complete with tower shields and Gladius.

The room is large hexagonal room made of the molted greenish blackish metal as the other room, though this one is about 20 meters in diameter, there is a ring of pillars rising up as well. You look up to find that the walls and pillars seem to go on forever. The wall and pillars here look like they are fashioned after muscles, veins of light can be seen pulsing within the walls and running up into the distance.
As you take a step you watch as more pulses of light flow from your footstep along the veins in the floor and up the wall into infinity. There is a constant noise in this room; murmuring, crying, screaming, pleading. You can pick up words here in there in several languages but can’t tell what they are saying.

It doesn’t take long for you to find the source of the voices; at regular intervals imbedded in the wall are the chests and heads of people, the walls and pillars have swallowed their bodies from the ribs down and the arms as well. Black tubes snake out from behind them and are imbedded in the peoples’ heads and chests. They are all staring at you, all yelling at you or pleading with you.


[The beehive has been kicked]

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:31 am

Atashi looks around iv'e been here before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader


Number of posts : 250
Age : 39
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm

"Great, you got a fragging map?" Sparks says after getting his heart out of his throat. "Because the rest of us are kinda fragging lost."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 46
Location : Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:57 pm

After a bit of screaming like a girl, Ricky is catching his breath and making the sign of the cross a few dozen times. "A Dios Mio....... ", he repeats numerous times. After it all starts to calm down, now he looks around. The look of relief quickly turns ot horro as he sees the site that awaits them all.

" FOR THE LOVE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!!!" He looks about on the edge of sanity as he looks about frantically. He has lost the preception of those about him. He is quickly moving toward a total meltdown. "please please PLEASE!! GET US OUT OF HERE!!" He pleads as he falls to his knees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   

Back to top Go down
 
Some Assembly Required -IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kaguya, Teion [Kiri Genin]
» Restricted and Learning Elements.
» Seal The Deal [Lyserg; Nox Animus Members; Zenneth Required]
» The Rise of the Santa Monicas [open, signup required]
» Which programming languages are required for web development?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: St_Nougat's Games-
Jump to: