Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Some Assembly Required -IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:25 am

As you untangle yourselves from the pile and look around you notice a few things.

1- Shu and Toko are missing

2-The legionaries and hellhounds (again for lack of a better term) are holding their distance for the moment, but the hounds are pawing at the ground and snarling and the group that fell from the sky.

3-Meera has lost it. After untangling herself from the pile she looks around the room. If her eyes went any wider there woud be a chance they would fall out of her head, her mouth is agape as she takes in the scene around her. "No no no no no no no no no no no no nonononononoonnonononononononononononononononono......." She then collapses into a ball mumbling "this isn't right, this isn't right, this isn't right" Finally she stands up and starts yelling at the sky "GET US OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!! GET US OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!"
"Oh fragging faggin dreking fragging drekking fraggin drek..."

All of this seems to make the hounds and the legionaries uneasy

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:42 am

after untangling himself and looking at the cut on his arm andrew freezes. he looks back and forth from the the leggionaires and the hounds before locking eyes with one of the bodies in the pillars. he stares there with that blank deer in a headlight looks for a few seconds before shaking out of it and snapping his look to Meera. he tries to speak but at first no words come out. for the first time in his life he can't find the actual words he's looking for.

after stuttering for a minute as his mind blanks he finally blurts out at Meera, " what the frag are you talking about?! you know whats happening here?" his voice cracks a couple time as his brain is under enough stress to screw with his voice modulator.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:54 am

Meera turns towards Andrew:
"FRAGGIN DRECKIN HELL. YOU FRAGGIN MORON!!!! I HAVE NO FRAGGIN CLUE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!! AND I'M FRAGGIN STUCK HERE TOO!!!!!!!"

She then looks back at the sky yelling: "GET US THE FRAGGIN HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!"

She collapses to the floor and starts sobbing "what the frag have we done...."

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:59 am

Jhon struggles up and manages to get to his knees before the mind-numbing fear consumes him. Breathing in short, harsh panting gasps, he whips the dartgun around, pointing it everyone and everything around him...including his companions. Panic has him in its steely grip and he cannot distinguish friend from foe.
Fortunately for his teammates, Jhon's muscles are seized up so tight that he could not have managed to pull the trigger had he focused on any one person.
After a few tense moments, Jhon seems to come back to himself a bit, shakes his head as if to clear away some horrible nightmare, and then tosses the gun away and wipes his hand on the leg of his jumpsuit as though he'd been holding something both vile and somehow alive.
Rising to his feet, he gazes around with wide, wild, and frantic eyes until Meera starts her screaming. Jhon, fearing some new assault, covers his head with his arms, crouches reflexively, and begins to move toward the nearest obstacle for cover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:08 am

As Jhon starts to move away from the group, the two hounds closest to his path of egress start to move towards him

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:10 am

"Whoa! No, no! Stay back! Get away!"
Jhon throws himself backward so violently, away from the approaching hell hounds, that he loses his footing and sits down hard on the floor. Using his feet and hands to propel himself further back, he looks, for a moment, like a crab scooting across the floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:15 am

The hounds move back to where they were

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 am

Jhon is on the ragged edge. He can't figure out what is going on, nor does there seem to be any rhyme or reason for what is happening to them all. Feeling that he may be at the end of his mental endurance, coupled with Meera's apparent breakdown, Jhon shouts in frustration and terror toward the seemingly endless heights above:

"Who the frag ARE you people and what do you WANT with us!?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:35 am

Laughter fills the room, Piercing laughter from a dozen children all laughing at the same time, the sound is like the piercing childlike humor crossed with the sound of buring electronics.

You try to find where the sound is coming from and you see that all of the leagionaires and the hounds are...Laughing.... Well their mouths are open and the sound is coming out but their mouths aren't moving.

A wail of grief, pain, and anguish rises from all of the figures inbedded in the walls.
"RUN" they shout at the group
"FLEE"
"SAVE YOURSELVES"
"HELP US"
"FREE YOURSELVES"
"DOOMED, YOU ARE DOOMED"

The buring electronics laughter continues to pour out of the other mouths but words are mixed in as well
"Come play with me" serveral childlike voices say, "Lets play a game."
A booming deep voice, "they dont want to play"
"Play" childlike again
"They are afraid" the booming voice
"their friends played and lost."
"Leave me alone" another voice
"I'll be good" childlike again
"I'LL KILL YOU"
"I dont want to be bad"
"Please help me"
"Fear me
"Join us"
"I'm late"
-A crying noise-
"Silence"
"Don't be afraid"
"Mommy?"
"Its dark."
"Let me go."

Drones of Toko and Shu rise out of the floor, dressed like legionares as well


I am going to need Composure checks from everyone at this point, Atashi gets a +2 die bonus

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 46
Location : Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Ricky looks around now. He has been at the point of his wits end, and now, he has a choice. He can lose it completely or get it together.

Composure check 2 sux

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:13 pm

6d6.hits(5)=1
(St Nougat, I would view this result in light of Jhon's previous Composure roll and say that Jhon's sanity is fading fast. Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:45 pm

[Fair enough Jagger, i also need peoples reactions to the newest developement]

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 46
Location : Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Ricky slowly stands up. He is visibly shaken by what he is seeing. He walks over to Meera and gently touches her shoulder. " Meera.... get up." He looks between her and the beings about them. He looks all about as he tries to get her to come with him. " I want you to walk with me, Meera." He tries to get her to move with him toward the hounds to test their reaction.


convince Merra to go with him (2 sux)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Composure check

6d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,2,4,6] = (3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:41 am

Despite all the insanity going on around him, Andrew seems to be taking it all in stride

Meera slowly gets up all the floor and takes Rickys hand. Her eyes have a distant haunted look to them. She doesn't seem to respond, her body is just on auto pilot

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:23 pm

After the voices start Andrew seems to snap out of the craze he was in and regain his thoughts. His look snaps sharply around the room at each face.

Finally he picks one of the bodies in the pillars and tries to talk to it.

"where are we? who are you? you're telling us to run. Run where?"


[im rolling CHA + Negotiation to try for info.]

[CHA(4) + Neg(3) + tailored pheremones(2)+might as well blow edge to try and get the most info i can(6)=15]
[also i believe that now puts me at 4 edge spent]

15d6.hitsopen(5,6) → [1,1,1,3,4,3,5,3,1,1,3,5,3,1,2] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3303604/

[hahahaha i'm the unluckiest person alive!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Continual, unrelenting strain can weaken even the strongest psyche. Combined with an altered 'reality' where even the most run-of-the-mill signs of normalcy have been swept away, the chances of maintaining one's hold on sanity become minute.

Despite his best efforts to maintain a tenuous grasp on doing his job and helping the group escape, the too-alien landscape, the unfathomable, repeated blows to his senses, and the seemingly omnipotent power of the force holding them captive, have proven too much for Jhon.

"...can't...can't go on like this...no way out...can't...just can't"

Trembling, sweat running down his face in rivulets, Jhon's overtaxed mind begins to unravel. Looking around with wide, frightened eyes, the man can no longer distinguish friend from foe. All around, all he can see are distorted, hideous forms, leering and grinning at him, reveling in his torment.

"...not real...can't be...all fake...all...nightmare...gotta...gotta break out...get out...somehow...can't go on"

Stumbling to his feet, Jhon tries to back away from everyone, but no matter which way he moves there is someone or something around him. Staggering, his limbs seeming not to function properly or to his will, Jhon bumps into several unknown forms as he struggles to get away. His movements become increasingly frantic and jerky. The sweat is literally pouring off him and his breathing becomes harsh and rapid.

"...all of you...lemme alone...get away...stop fraggin with my mind...get away!...lemme ALONE!!"

On the last word, Jhon turns and throws himself at the nearest pair of hell hounds. With fingers bent into makeshift claws, his face contorted into a horrible, almost inhuman mask of berserker rage, he plows into the dire beasts snarling and howling like a madman.

Unarmed Combat
6d6.hits(5) = 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 am

Ricky: You take Meera's hand and start to walk towards the Hounds. Just like when Jhon first tried to leave the grouping the two hounds closest to you move to block your path. You keep moving, Meera doesn't react as all, she just places a foot after the other. You get closer and closer to the hounds, you can see them tense and get ready to pounce on you. A low growl can be heard all around you.

Andrew: You calmly seperate yourself from the group as well (for the sake of argument we will say the opposite direction as Ricky and Meera). Just as with Jhon and Ricky two hounds move in block your path. You stop, they stop. You take a step, they take a step. You project your voice to be heard by the figures in the wall:

"where are we?"
"HELL"
"The heart of the machine"
"The Demons lair"
"Darkness"

"who are you?"
"The Suffering"
"The Lost"
"Sinners"
"Nothing"

"you're telling us to run. Run where?"
"Anywhere"
"Save yourselves"
"He Comes"

Jhon: Congrats, you are now officially batdrek crazy. You charge forward screaming incoherently.

Ricky: At the sounds of Jhons feral scream you turn to see him charging towards you. Out of the corner of your eye you see the hounds leap. You instinctively throw yourself and Meera to the floor and the hounds sail over your head and charge Jhon.

Andrew: Anymore questions you may have for the wall people are cut off by the primal yell of Jhon, you are knocked to the floor by the hounds as they charge past you.

Atashi and Sparks: You both remain silent and motionless as all of this goes on around you. You both drop to the ground as the hounds from Andrews side come charging past you.

Jhon: You and the first hound meet with a clash. Your momentum is stopped dead and you are propelled back a few feet. The second one pounces on you and sinks its teeth into your flesh. You scream in pain and try to strike the hound clawing at its fur (Which actually feels more like copper wire). The hound jerks its head tearing a large chunk of flesh from your shoulder. The teeth of the first hound sink into your other arm and the weight of the two other hounds press down on your body. You scream a primal, feral sound, kicking at the hounds. Your struggles get weaker and weaker until the world goes black for you.

Everyone else: You watch as Jhon is torn limb from limb by the hounds. Meera Falls to her knees and pukes before passing out.

Then a…kid…. He couldn’t be more than 12 years old. He rises out of the floor, and is lifted above it by 1000s of tentacles that hold him, support him, wrap around him, and snake away from him. He is dressed as roman god (Toga, leaf crown, sandals, carrying a bolt of lightning, all of which an oily black color). He looks down at your from his lofted position and opens his mouth. The sound that comes out is a sound that should never come from a human’s mouth. In a voice that sounds like 100 voices speaking at once but sounding like burning electronics he speaks without moving his mouth:
"It looks like he doesn't want to play anymore."
"Loser"
"Weak"
"Help us"
"Your turn"
"Play with us"
"Mommy?"
"Fear me"
"Infidels"

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 46
Location : Michigan, USA
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:10 pm

"Jhon!!" He screams as he watches. He hugs Meera as she passes out. He looks up at the boy and listens to his words. " What the HELL do YOU PEOPLE WANT??!!!" He's about as his wits limit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Seeing the gruesome event that just occurs shakes andrews nerves up.

he hears the stress in Ricky's voice.

he steps in between ricky and the kid.

"Doc, focus on Meera. We can't afford losing anyone else." his normally calm voice cracking a little while he talks.

turning to the kid andrew clears his throat and speaks up to him, "who are you? why are you doing this to us?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:52 am

The kid rises up and looks at Ricky:
"What do I want? I want you to play with me"
"Die"
"Save me"
"freedom"
"company"

As Andrew places himself between Ricky and the child. The child moves himself so he is inches from Andrews face, the tenticles holding him aloft.

"I AM A GOD"
"Scared"
"Afraid"
"Lonely"
"Bored"

"Doing this to you? Doing THIS to you?!?"
"I am doing nothing to you, you did this to me and now you are in my world and now I will make you pay"
"Kill them"
"make them feel pain"
"fear"
"eat their souls"


Meera looks at Ricky from the floor.
"He's a 'mancer, and he is insane. We are in a computer. I dont know what to do."
She starts crying.
"Oh God, I am so sorry, what have we done....."

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Andrew musters all of the courage up from within him. thinking to himself, it's now or never.

while the child is inches from his face Andrew tightens up a bit the lets it all loose. He swings at the kid with all the fury he can gather.


[BOSS FIGHT!!!]
[ so i want to do the whole permanently burn a point of edge for this which should give me an automatic critical sucess. according to page 68. am i right on that?]
[also this will be burnt so that means i would be left with a total of 5 edge with 4 spent.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:26 pm

[Yes you get a critical success and that leaves you with 5 edge, 4 spent. Though cannot find where a critical succes really changes the outcome if anything. So lets do it this was, Andrew roll to sucker punch the kid, he will try to counter (or just get cold cocked) and we will call it +net successes]

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NickelB
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 74
Age : 28
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:09 pm

[ok so just unarmed+str+edge then? now burning the edge point is that gonna give me extra damage or would it just be basically the same outcome if i just spent it instead of burnt it? i was thinking that if i burnt it instead it would make it either a luckier shot or more powerful or something, but i dont really know what crit success actually does for this]
[unarmed(3)+STR(3)+edge(5)=11]
[11d6.hitsopen(5,6) → [5,[6, 6, 3],3,3,[6, 3],5,[6, 4],[6, 4],1,1,3] = (7)]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3312142/

[yea buddy!!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St_Nougat
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson


Number of posts : 620
Age : 37
Location : Near Bug City
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:52 am

[wow, i meant a roll without edge but with those results lets just make that a normal roll with edge and save the burning for another time]
[Ill update results in a bit]

_________________
I am the Patron Saint of Unknown Confections
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   

Back to top Go down
 
Some Assembly Required -IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kaguya, Teion [Kiri Genin]
» Restricted and Learning Elements.
» Seal The Deal [Lyserg; Nox Animus Members; Zenneth Required]
» The Rise of the Santa Monicas [open, signup required]
» Which programming languages are required for web development?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: St_Nougat's Games-
Jump to: