Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

Gardenview Terrace Apartments

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Faust gives Lyn directions which lead to a walled complex missing the gates, and inside are buildings which once probably were very expensive. Inside the walls, it become quickly apparent why the local gangs leave the place alone, as Lyn and Tull quickly recognize several shadowrunners going about their usual domestic chores, up to and including the guy cleaning his Barret 121 on his patio. He then leads them to a top-floor apartment, and gestures for them to go ahead and get comfortable, while he gets drinks out of the fridge. The two suspect that the interiors of the apartments are much like this one, much better than the outside of the buildings would suggest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Tull sprawls into a padded single chair and looks around the place with an appreciative eye.

"Hey, Faust," he calls to their host, "you don't mind me asking, what's the monthly run on this place? I might be interested in upgrading, meh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 am

Looking about she gives an impressed whistle. "Nice place, Faust." She looks about at the people as they enter the aprtments then his personal apartment. Again she looks about the place with a half smile. "You do pretty well for yourself then? But then again, you're in with mobsters, aren't you?" She pokes at him playfully.

Lyn looks about once again. You can tell her mind is flowing with some idea or another. She walks over and sits on the back of a plush chair."So, now, tell us about this work you have for us?"

Last edited by Professor on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 am

"Monthly on this place is around two grand, and you furnish it with whatever you can beg, borrow or steal. Landlord's a Catholic priest, who has some sort of deal going with a bunch of druids in the Plastic Jungle. Occasionally, he might hire you to work security around the church if the druids have decided to start leaving object lessons in unacceptable behaviors again. Druids will occasionally hire you to work security on the jungle if they need heavier firepower than they have, or to take out certain people that they don't like very much, but haven't quite rated the personal attention of a bunch of fraggers that nailed a bunch of Halloweeners to the street posts by their foreheads just yet." Faust shrugs, "On the other hand, the way I read it, the druids cleared out a bunch of psychos from here as a favor to the priest. Strange bedfellows all around. Of course, if you find somebody in Seattle's hunting drakes or any other critter that's smart, but not immediately dangerous, and tell the druids without telling the priest, they'll pay you to erase the guys doing it. Tell the priest, and he'll pay you to free any 'product' they might have, but not kill the hunters." He comes back into the living room, and passes Lyn and Tull their drinks. "Now, onto the business at hand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Tull took the offered drink with a nod of thanks and tossed back a long swallow. The alcohol left a spreading warmth inside and he relished it. "Not bad," he murmured, then set the glass on a side table.
From an inside jacket pocket, Tull withdrew the datachip he'd gotten from Ratman and peered at it speculatively for a moment, then slotted it into his commlink.
"Mind if I subscribe your tridset, chummer?" he asked Foust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

"Go ahead." Faust grabs his own seat, and cracks open a beer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 pm

After a few moments to access the datachip, and then broadcast the chip's signal to display on the tridset, an image of some corporate research facility appears. The angle is from an airborne perspective - probably a surveillance drone - circling a multi-level, steel, plastcrete and glass building. Several smaller buildings surround the main structure, all interspersed with expensive landscaping, walkways and parking areas. The whole complex looks fairly typical of a young, but up-and-coming facility.

The image loops into a continuous orbit around the complex and an unidentified voice begins to speak.
"Darkholme R&D Labs, magical research, manatech, and active portal to alternate planes; newly-established but fast-growing thanks mostly to the efforts of this man-"

A photo superimposes over the revolving complex. It shows a middle-aged Japanese man in a white labcoat over a corp-approved suit and tie. The man's face is typical of his origins, both in feature and expression.

"Ishika Tsunaro has led the facility's major research programs for the last five years. He is considered brilliant and is currently being sought after by several AAA corps to relocate.

"Your mission, whether you choose to accept it or not-" the speaker is clearly pleased with his appropriate, if obscure, reference to an old, pre-Crash spy movie "-is to terminate this man.

"And to insure that you understand your position..."
Another window appears showing a young woman with short, curly dark hair. She is bound and gagged, but for Tull, there is no mistaking her face...her eyes. The ork adept feels as if the breath had been knocked out of his body and he can only sit staring in shocked disbelief.

"As you can see, we possess certain...insurance measures. Use whatever means necessary to complete the mission. We'll be waiting."
The scene fades to black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Asha watches and frowns at seeing this. She looks to Tull.

"Who's the girl?" She asks as her whole demeanor changes. She looks a bit concerned and her eyes narrow. " Anyhow, it looks like you've got a bit of trouble and I don't care to see you in it. I'll help you where i can. But let's be straight, we can take out the mark, but I want the kidnappers dead too."

She looks between the two men for their thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Tull chuckles grimly, "Oho, these guys have been on my skrag list for a couple years now."

He looks over at Lyn and is touched by the compassion on her face. It does not, however, make it easier to answer her question.

"She's my...was...my wife. A mage - one of the fraggers pulling my strings - threatened to take everything I cared about... He made good on the threat."

Tull grabs the beer from the side table and tips it up, gulping until the bottle is empty. He holds the empty with both hands, turning it nervously, keeping his eyes on it as though unwilling to look away.

"The mage goes by the name of Frye; specializes in fire spells or something. He had found out where we lived, went there and took Gidget - a pet name she hated - hostage, trying to force a confrontation between the two of us. When I got there, he had cast some kind of illusion spell. I-"

Tull pauses several moments, his mouth working as if the words refuse to come out.

"-I had him dead bang. He must have cast a silence spell as well, because she never made a sound or cried out. Three shots...I'm good with a gun..."

Tull glances at the tridset. "They're trying to bluff me; make me think that she's alive and that they're holding her. But it can't be her...can't be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:48 pm

"So, the situation is that you've got one mage, in desperate need of skragging, possibly running a bluff on you, he wants Ishika Tsunaro dead, and is blackmailing or bluffing you into doing it, so there's no cred involved in this deal." Faust takes a hard, long look at the woman on the screen. "So, you and Lyn can say that I flaked because there wasn't enough cred on the table for me, and proceed to go about setting up the flatline of our friend Tsunaro. I've got your number, so if I can secure the hostage and remove Frye, you'll get word, and switch to a more preferred target." He looks at them, and they can see a very, very dark place in Faust's soul that is about to be unleashed on those people, "Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:33 pm

At Foust's words, Tull pulls himself back from the past, his momentary display of vulnerability gone like a puff of smoke in a strong wind.

"Frye's not the only one. Truth is, I don't know how many there are. I do know that the leader is a guy named Bishop. Frye was just the one I got closest to."

He ejects the datachip from his commlink and holds it up between two fingers.

"There'll be more details on here, including how and where to receive payment." His eyes flick to Foust for an instant, then back to Lyn.

"We're going to get dirty on this. These fraggers will pull any trick they can to frag up our lives. They get off on that drek. Somebody gets in your way - skrag 'em." he looks from one to the other, eyes hard as gunmetal and cold as ice. "Except Frye. I owe that gene-reject for Gidget...for the life she was carrying. Frye is mine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:56 am

Lyn nods and looks between them. "Hell, I'm in. I could use hte practice if nothing else. But... I do enjoy killing kidnappers and a good assassination is always fun." She leans forward a bit and the hilt of a thinly-bladed sword becomes evident along the left half of her back.

"All we need now is the specific info. So, let's get crackin', boys!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:09 am

Silently, Tull sets about gathering the rest of the data from the chip. In his mind, however, the image of Gidget persists in distracting him. She's gone, he thinks. I held her... felt her... she can't be alive... just can't be...

A slight glimmer of hope, barely shimmering in the gloomy void that has become his soul, defies his certainty.

(OOC: I had not planned to be the coordinator of this story, so its taking some time to 'design on the fly.' Bear with me.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:27 am

[I understand. Take your time, and maybe the shadows will have a happy ending.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 am

As Lyn and Foust waited, Tull replaced the chip in his commlink and scanned it for further data. What he found did not surprise him, though it was not what he'd expected; a commcode.

Through the AR display of his wireless-capable contact lenses, he activated the commcode which opened his link's messaging program. As the words 'Searching, please wait...' flashed in the dim, ghostly overlay on his vision, Tull set the link to Speaker mode so the others could hear the call as well.

The instant the word 'Connected' appeared, an unfamiliar male voice spoke.

"Yeah?"

"We're in," Tull said simply.

"We knew you'd make the right choice, Tull. Now listen, 'cuz I'm only gonna say this once. In a minute I'll send you your advance cred and an address. Go to the address; its a safehouse. In the back, under the steps, you'll find a package. Inside you'll find some intel that'll make your job a little easier-"

"Where's Frye!" Tull interrupted vehemently.

"That ain't my biz, paisan. My task was to give you the cred and the info. And now that I've accomplished that, this communication is terminated."

The contact abruptly broke off and the words 'Transmission ended' flashed across Tull's vision and faded.

Almost immediately, another message, 'Incoming Data Transfer...Accept?' flashed and Tull watched as 30,000 in cred was transmitted to his commlink. He set about transferring Lyn and Foust their shares.

That done, Tull looked to his new partners and said, "Looks like we're taking a ride."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 pm

A sly looking young woman comes walking down the hall just as the three gentle men come walking out of the room. She is a drop dead gorgeous woman looking to be in her late Teen's to early twenties. Pale skin and pink eyes obviously an albino wearing a white coat and fluffy whit hat that all together make her apearance somewhat on the gorgeous cute side. her eyes bespeak of a wisdom that surpasses her physical appearances well what do we have here boys? she speaks in her low alto voice, a hint of something else layered with the sound. She looks the three up and down If i didn't know better, i'd say you three are about to head out on a job. Mind if i tag along? Nuyen's been a bit tight this month. she give the three a good smile besides you could possibly use the help of someone as adept in security as i now couldn't you? with that she bats her eyes a bit as glint quickly appears in them and is gone as fast as it came.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Faust sees Alexia as he locks the door, "How long have you been listening? And don't try and tell me you were just going to borrow some sugar. Tull, Carolyn, meet the most annoying and useful fox around. Alexia, meet Carolyn and Tull."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Oh, i think it was somewhere around "were in" she gives him the best grin she could as she leans against the wall
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:30 am

Carolyn looks over at Alexia nad gives her a look at the "boys" comment. She shakes it off, then nods "Pleasure to meet you.", she says with a simple tone. Looking back to the group. "So, who and where...are we gonna hit first?" She folds her arms and rests her butt on the back of the couch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 am

Seeing that Lyn hasn't stepped out yet, Tull glances meaningfully around at the hallway and says, "Let's step back inside to discuss this. This is too public."

Back inside Foust's flat, he looks the girl up and down. "Good with security, huh? Any good with hacking? We could use a good hacker where we're going."

Hands moving almost too fast to see, Tull snatches two pistols from beneath his jacket, twirls them around a couple times, then makes them seem to disappear back into their holsters. "I'm faster'n blue blazes with a firearm, but I'm lost when it comes to advanced electronics."

He indicates Lyn and Foust with a nod and adds, "Our team is newly formed, so I'm not familiar with their skills...yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Alexia gracefuly steps into Fausts flat and takes a seat in one of the empty chairs and gives a nice smile to Tull iv'e dabbled a bit with hacking but as of right now that's not where my interests lay, i might pick it up sometime in the future or something else might strike my fancy. however right now im more of a physical security type, I can set up advanced security systems, and some basic magical and matrix as well. The latter two i do intend to expand upon them, and i must admit making the systems is quite fun then finding ways that they can be broken provides me with more entertainment as it also allows me the reason to build more things she give a meaningful glance to Faust and a glint of humor from her last statement can bee seen in her eyes and i must say, some of the few systems that Faust has yet to find have been quite entertaining she leans in closer to Lyn and whispers in a somewhat loud whisper, obviously not trying to hard to conceal what she's saying its really an impressive and enticing site, i wouldn't have though him to be as ... built she finishes with a wry grin and a wink and sits back fully enjoying herself at the moment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:17 am

Muttering to himself in Sperethiel, Salish, Crow, and Spanish, he gets Alexia some soykaf. "Two part job. Nasty folks want Tull and his new buddies to skrag a researcher. Baddies potentially have a hostage, so, while Tull and his new crew are setting up an assassination, somebody needs to locate the possible hostage, and extract them, then we go on a bit of a spree. Hopefully, without the landlord's good buddies, and our neighbors the scary motherfragging druids finding out about the baddies and deciding to show their displeasure. You remember the incident with he Halloweeners, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Professor
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:17 am

Lyn follows them back in and sits near Alexa as she talks. She rolls her eyes at alexa's comment of Faust and covers her face. For a few moments there is the odd sound coming from Lyn like she's popping her jaw or some joints. She takes her hand away as her hair , starting from her scalp and quickly moving down the length of it, turns to the color of Alexa's. Her face is a really good resemblance of Alexa's as she repeats in a perfect pitch and tone, its really an impressive and enticing site, i wouldn't have though him to be as ... built.

She then smiles about the room and continues to speaking Alexa's voice. My skills.... I do like to cook, oh and do my hair. She sit back and copies Alexa's pose about perfectly. She then pulls out from the back fo her waistline a dart gun. Her voice is back to Lyn's as she says:

"Infiltration, espoinaige, and assassination are my forte. To a lesser degree, physical data recovery. If it needs to be done with little or no knowledge that it's been done, I'm your gal." She quirks a brow and adjusted her breasts for a moment. "Or am I?" She gives Alexa's wry smile and then pouts her lips in a playful fashion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:53 am

As serious as his situation is, Tull can't resist a smirk at Lyn's display. He glances at Foust, one eyebrow raised sardonically, and asks, "So what's your game, omae...that is, aside from impressing the ladies with your exceptional...ah...build?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 am

"CQB and stealth. My skin's tough enough that most small arms fire stings more than it hurts, and I can, when the situation's right, pull a troll's cyberarm off his body while he's still living." Faust looks everyone over, "I can see and read auras, fistfight spirits, and successfully identify many Shadow, insect, toxic and blood spirits, as well as severely harm them. And if things get really fragged up, I'll make sure at least one of you has a spare set of clothes for me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardenview Terrace Apartments   

Back to top Go down

Gardenview Terrace Apartments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next