Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHome[OOC] -- Gray Matters SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

[OOC] -- Gray Matters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gluttony

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

[OOC] -- Gray Matters Empty
PostSubject: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Please use this character sheet, you can save it and fill it out and then once you've filled it out if you DO NOT have a copy of Adobe Acrobat X then you need to select 'print' then select the drop down list of available printers and go to the bottom where it says 'Adobe PDF' and select that, then click print and it will allow you to save the file as a PDF after you've filled it in. If you DO have Adobe Acrobat X then you can just click the save button after you've filled out the character sheet.

Then register for an account at FileDen [Its Free and there is no email activation]. once that's done, upload your saved character sheet to FileDen and use the link to it for referencing your character sheet.

I know this sounds like a hassle but in my opinion it is a lot easier and more detailed than formatting a sheet with BBcode. Of course this method is optional though as I really would like to encourage it I'll be awarding an immediate five karma to players that take the time to use this character sheet.

Character Creation & Two House Rules

Build Points 400

The following supplements may be used: The Runner's Companion, Unwired, Arsenal, Street Magic, Augmentation, Runner's Haven

For lifestyles, if you have access to The Runner's Companion please use the advanced lifestyles rules found there.

Starting Attribute & Skill rank caps
Attributes capped at 4+ metavariant base rank at character creation (Only natural attributes, augmentation and such can raise them above this cap.)
Active Skills: Choose one.
a. One skill capped at Rank 6, all other skills capped at Rank 4.
b. Two skills capped at Rank 5, all other skills capped at Rank 4.

Resources capped at 30 BP or 150,000¥.
Positive & Negative Qualities capped at 35 BP and -35 BP respectively.

All characters for this game have the contact Godwyn Fischig (Connection 3, Loyalty 2) at no cost.
Godwyn Fischig is a retired LoneStar sergeant in his mid forties. It wasn't until a particular run in with a team of hooding Runners, one of those 'wrong place, wrong time' situations, in which he and his twelve year old niece were caught in the crossfire while LoneStar attempted to arrest the team that he worked his way into the Seattle Shadows. During the exchange of gunfire LoneStar recklessly fired on the Runners with no regard for Fischig or his niece whom were trapped in the line of fire and his niece was gravely wounded as a result. What changed the sergeants view of Shadow Runners were the actions of a young elf, one of the pinned Runners, who rushed from her cover to pull him and his niece to cover before thoughtlessly clamping her Premium DocWagon biomonitor bracelet on the wrist of Godwyn's niece. The elf and her team managed to draw the firefight away from the retired sergeant before the HTR arrived on scene to save his nieces life.

All of the many formal complaints and suits that Fischig later filed against LoneStar were either ignored or overruled in court and the agents involved in the firefight that nearly cost him his brothers daughter not only displayed complete lack of guilt or remorse but were publicly honored for their actions. Seeing for the first time what the company he'd worked his life for was really like through the eyes of the average citizen Fischig decided to spend his remaining years doing what he could to help new Runners to make a name for themselves and is active and well respected on ShadowSEA.

When buying contacts please, please provide me with something like what I wrote above describing Godwyn. Detail who they are, what they do, how you know them.. I hate to just see " Contacts: Beat Cop (Connection 2, Loyalty 3), Hospital Janitor (Connection 1, Loyalty 4). " on a sheet. And in fact any contact on a characters sheet that takes up less than a title line (Godwyn Fischig [Connection 3, Loyalty 2]) followed by two one to two full paragraphs will not be recognized and will cost the BP spent on them. Yeah.. pet peeve. Learn it, Love it, Live it.

Last edited by Gluttony on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gluttony

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:31 am

Alright, still not accepting characters yet, but will endeavor to finish with prep ASAP.

Please take the time to leave a post here indicating interest if you want to play. All I need is an indication that you're interested in playing and which role(s) the character you would make can fill. I will keep a list of interested players and send notifications out when Character submission is open to the first four. Everyone else will still be kept on a list and offered a spot if replacements are needed on a first come first serve basis.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:02 pm

I would be interested Gray. I can post a few times a day most of the time.

Prof
Back to top Go down
Gluttony

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:26 pm

What role(s) do you intend to fill Prof?
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:16 pm

If I can, troll heavy gunner possible stret samurai type.
Back to top Go down
Gluttony

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 am

Heavy Gunner is good, fills fire support role. Though may want to consider some lighter guns as well. Anyway, I am going to be posting my players wanted topic today. Which means character creation is go.

Please do not forget to PM me your character sheet for approval.
Back to top Go down
Gluttony

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Now accepting character submissions. Player Wanted thread is up. Need character sheets to look over and approve so that those characters can respond to the IC player wanted topic.
Back to top Go down
Gluttony

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Woops.. okay the link for the character sheet I was referencing is now included.

Here it is again also. character sheet
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:57 pm

"Ey, Em, Eir, Eirs, Eirself"...?

You've gotta be kidding.

I am inches away from banning you on account of trolling. (i.e. not amused)
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 pm

Sounds like fun to me. Reminds me of how they reference asexual aliens in some works of fiction. Didn't they do that in Mass Effect with those jellyfish things? I remember an author who used "xim" or "xem" or something. That or Gluttony is really an international spy who is trying to hide eir identity from the Effbee Eyes! On that note, doesn't "eir" sound like "her" more than "him"? That's a little misandric? But hey, back on topic, I've got a mystic driver in the works, if you'd be interested. How do you handle possessed vehicles?
Back to top Go down
Gluttony

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:15 am

The idea is that the pronouns are.. They, Them, Their, Theirs, Theirself and dropping the 'Th' as They and its forms are a way by which one typically might refer to someone of an unknown gender. I imagine dropping of the 'Th' from the words is an attempt to make their use strictly singular rather than always plural.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:22 am

Or you could just go schizo-style (i.e. Gollum) and call yourself "we". That would be even more obfuscating. Unless you're just going for a New York Dolls effect.
Back to top Go down
Gluttony

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:25 am

Not so much an effect as gender identity. And typically speaking I don't speak in the third person. So in all reality, those pronouns would only be used (by people who decide to respect the request I've made.) when speaking about me or in reference to me. Much like you did in that post before my last one.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:04 pm

I'd like to play if you have room for 1 more. A post or two a day is manageable. I can either fill the magic role or the infiltrator. Can do a drone rigger if needed, but it's considered exotic ground for me. Would be interesting, but I'd need a little help creating it.
Can you tell us about the concept of the game? Action and shooting, sneaky and speech reliant, magic heavy or a bucket of everything? I see it's in Seattle and smash'n'grab but could you be a little more specific? Or any character will do just fine, no preferences?

Also, I didn't catch this conversation about these many "E" words. What's this all about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] -- Gray Matters   [OOC] -- Gray Matters Empty

Back to top Go down

[OOC] -- Gray Matters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs-
Jump to: