Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 am

Blabbermouth
Razz

I want to post (addicted? what do you mean, addicted?), but there's been a good bit of stuff happening and we've yet to hear from some of our other teammates.

So...

Resist Addiction (Body3+Willpower3+Edge2)
8d6.hits(5)=4 hits
(whew... no DTs)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:58 am

yea, it almost looks like its between Gala, Jagger, and Myself now making up the majority of posts. i hope the others post up soon, especially with how nicely this is all working together right now. even though in game we really haven't done much of anything i'm enjoying reading the posts. everyone is being really descriptive and painting a good picture
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 am

I agree, Starcraft. I am assuming the rest of the gang are off on family visits, braving the after-Thanksgiving shopping sales (something even shadowrunners quail at,) or still too stuffed with Thanksgiving goodness to reach their keyboards.
Razz

Which only reaffirms that I myself have no real life and can only experience strong emotion and intense stimulation through the Matrix.
Sad

My only saving grace is that I'm still a fair ways away from the 'discount clearance bin' for second-hand shadowrunners.
Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:51 pm

You choose the world you live in Jagger. It doesn't matter which one. Just make sure you enjoy living in it.

Myself, I have not celebrated thanksgiving. It is not custom here. But work keeps me busy, and I want my posts to keep a certain quality level. Hence... yeah.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm

While that is true, Darkon, and I too enjoy composing a post with some life to it, sometimes for the sake of moving the game along as well as those who are waiting for their opportunity to post, a certain amount of expediency can rate higher than award-winning prose.

Generally speaking, it is a game, after all. An in-depth, creative writing forum no question, but still nonetheless a game. Personally I often find it easier to get the imagination working when I remind myself that I'm not here to win acclaim or 'outwrite' anyone, but to enjoy playing the game.

My ¥2, and worth no more, if indeed that much.
Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenaka
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 am

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit, a couple instructors decided to pile on homework just before thanksgiving, which was real nice considering next week is finals, fortunately though I won't have to worry about that kind of thing till January.

Oh, had a few questions while I'm thinking about them. Was wondering about the chameleon coating/suit, and if the effect was an "always-on" effect or if it was more like Predators cloak (ie gotta hit a switch to turn it on/off). Knowing my luck this is probably answered in the book (currently only have a pdf of the books, hoping I can convince my roommate to get a physical copy for christmas)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:46 am

You can turn it on and off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:00 am

I tried to cover as many bases as I could with my infiltration expert; going unnoticed includes unseen, unheard, unsmelled, unassensed, and unscanned (I'll leave out untasted as that entails a whole different kind of roleplaying Razz)
The Infiltration skill covers the spectrum, but the more modifiers you can get, the better, obviously.
One thing I keep forgetting (for all you assensing characters out there,) is Spawn's Masking power which helps make him harder to assense. Ah well, its all good for roleplaying, but I will be using it in future!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:20 am

Masking definitely helps!=

Last edited by Gala on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:14 am

As a note jagger, you may want to look into scent masking as well as there is gear for that too. In the end however, it's impossible to be 100% hidden as there are just too many ways to be noticed but the more bases you cover the better!

Anyway, I'll be Respondig to other perception checks etc tonight. Didn't have time yesterday as I worked till close last night and had to open this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks Gala and Kesslan!

I'm really getting into this character, more so than any previous...(what does that say about my personality type?)
Razz

Now if I could just get Andrealphus to stop playing with Spawn's FPMV, we could really get going with the mission.
clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:54 pm

I think that it says you enjoy your day-dreams? I think the more important question here is: Who doesn't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

OK one more thing guys when it comes to all these perception tests. Everyone is throwing in 'actively looking' as a bonus to their roll, without bothering to consult me first. If your just using things like vision/audio enhancements etc, by all means go right ahead but before you start using things like 'actively looking' keep in mind that you may not get the full dice bonus as there may be other factors involved as well. Also, to be 'actively looking' for osmething, you have to actually know what it is your looking for specifically, not just have a 'general idea' unless the item in question is relatively large/obvious.

Keep in mind for example, when trying to spot things like many surveillance drones, they are small to micro sized. At micro sized they are tiny and can look like everything from a bird to a very small insect (Such as spiders, flies etc). there are more than just positive modifiers after all, there are in fact a lot of negatives as well (Distance, use of VR, distractions etc)

In the future if people want to try and hunt for such things, ask me first before rolling or I will simply ignore the results of your roll and do a new perception test for you with all the proper modifiers in place.

Last edited by Kesslan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:23 pm

My apologies. Please apply any modificators you see fit. Then I will roll again. A pity though, was a good roll. Wink

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:50 pm

No worries, I'm just addressing things as they come up. Each group acts a little differently and unfortunately in a PBP environment you need to make some allowances. That said certain perception bonuses are an entirely case by case basis and I just wanted to be sure people were clear that 'actively searching' still falls under that category. In many ways you can think of it as a lead on into an extended perception test. Otherwise it's simply a bonus for when you know exactly what it is your looking for (Eg: Your at a flea market looking for car parts for an 'antique' 2020's Jackrabbit, or old vinyl records.)

It would also apply if you were just looking to spot the first drone you could find and didn't care what it was, but doesn't necessarily apply to things like searching for spy drones unless you know exactly what it is your looking for, or your doing it as part of an extended perception test. A good example in this situation, any one of the rats present (Possibly even more than one) could be a drone. But there's a hell of a lot of them, so how do you know which one is, and isnt? There's certainly ways to tell but unless you have a specific tell tale to give it away, your not likely to find it (Though certainly triangulating things like radio signals when found help a great deal, or even make a perception test relatively moot)

EDIT: As a side note, no none of the rats are drones. To save you all time they are just flavour for the setting. That said if I wanted to be mean there's absolutely no reason I couldn't make them drones, or worse still, bio drones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah, but then there's the fact that if they did their bonuses wrong, and you end up ignoring the results, you'll still have their accurate Skill+Attribute+Technology information available for you to use when re-rolling their numbers yourself. At the end of the day, it's still a useful tool for you, to have them conveniently list out their numbers for you so that you don't have to go looking it up (or send a PM to ask) yourself. Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:17 am

so...while the GM is busy making things hard for us shadowrunners, we're supposed to make things easy for them?

wow, GMs are like - total control freaks!
Razz

Edit: Only razzing, no offense intended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:55 am

Well if it's generally for something minor I just shave off how ever many dice from the end of the string. That isn't always the best option however.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that people are so eager but by the same token, the rules still need to be applied as evenly as possible in certain situations. Besides, when I do overlook certain rules it's usually in the PC's favour anyway. Also by this point in some areas (Such as outside) there will start to be (And probably should have been for a while now) some sort of visibility modifier due to the present rain of ash. I just decided not to really worry about it too much as at least standard light snowfall doesn't do too much to your visibility by and large in the winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:08 pm

To answer your question on climbing Jag,

using gecko gloves I imagine would fall under 'assisted climbing upward' meaning your threshold to get to where you want to is measured in meters. What you didn't account for however is that he surface is 'sheer' meaning you suffer a dice pool penalty of -4. This is partially countered by the fact you are wearing gecko gear meaning it's 'assisted' climbing so you get a +2 meaning your total penalty is only -2. Following the way I tend to modify rolls to account for such things that means you only got 7 hits instead of nine. As you want to go to the ceiling (previously established as 14-15 meters) you only get up about half way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:23 pm

ok, that's why I asked. I wasn't sure if the interior ceiling was the same height as the exterior roof

and I brain-farted the surface modifier. I even looked it up and still bungled it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Keep in mind if you want to be on the ceiling itself, that's yet another modifier/test/travel speed as well. That said beyond the modifiers table itself there shouldn't be anything too special as warehouse tend to be pretty plain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:26 pm

yeah, I think that's why I flubbed the modifier for the wall, I was thinking I had nothing until I reached the ceiling
Razz

on a side note, I had intended to use Spawn's Wall Running adept power but realized - too late - that I failed to give Spawn a Running skill! and I was so proud of my build
Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Well you can still default on a running test.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:40 pm

true, but the Wall Running test is Strength + Running and Spawn's Str is only 3, so with the -1 for Defaulting...

oh well, I still like the character even if he can't run up walls
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:02 pm

That still gives you potential to do very short jaunts until you get enough karma saved up to boost your skills/attributes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next