Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-06

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:52 am

Gala,

Sorry for misunderstanding the post. I had assumed the roll you were making wasn't to fight for control of the vehicle, but something afterwards- as manipulating a gas peddle, or slowing turning the wheel would be relatively easy for the spirit to do I thought.

The last roll by the Spirit I've seen in the thread so far was to possess the vehicle itself, and the lines from Sha'Grim like "I've stopped him, but I expect him to struggle soon" (paraphrased) and the line about how unfair it would be 'leave him in the truck' gave me the impression he had left the truck and was doing 'something' to Sid- which was 'nonlethal'. That, and getting bonuses for being a 'surprise' attack...So...the only thing that came to mind was possessing as it had the truck.

I think I'm clearer on what's going on now, but not sure about the timing of everything.

For Sid, he's sent a message over the chat and operating under the assumption that the Exchange told the group he was expected. Sha'Grim starting the truck appears to Sid as an answer to taking the truck- he has no idea the truck is possessed, rather he thought someone used magic to merely just start it and help him get the truck (instead of trying to take the truck itself). Sid can be a bit self-centered at times... Razz

With no communication (or even acknowledgement) on the chat box, he's going to assume very quickly he's being ignored as he's operating under the false impression that he got the 'blessing' to take the truck as I said above. He thinks the whole team is aware of him and simply want him to follow Alexia.

...which leads to the trace attempt out of curiosity. In the post I made on the weekend, he did this just after the blast went off. He can be very Impulsive at times...especially when it comes to his aptitude (hacking).

I'm not sure how long it took him to trace Alexia, but once he sees it's unencrypted...well, that's going to make him really uncomfortable. And he's going to be making that hack attempt. Probably within five~ten minutes of the blast going off.

Until the Exchange prompts the chat box about dropping off the truck, and they get to the city that he'll be 'content' (if that's what it can be called, anyways Smile ) to follow Alexia while trying to hack her Commlink. Once it appears like Alexia isn't headed directly to the drop off, he'll reply to the chat box (which Alexia and Edgar can read) and change course with his car and the truck to go straight to the dropoff.

I'm under the impression from the fiction that Shadowrunners tend to be paranoid, suspicious and even brash. So I'm not sure how cliché it is, but Sid certainly fits that description. At his worse, he can certainly be all three. (Come to think of it, he can be a bit Stupid and even Dangerous, I suppose). Embarassed

@Kesslan

About how long does it take for the Exchange to warn the window is closing? Once they reach the city?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 am

Roughly 20-25 minutes as the drop point is prior to reaching the city proper.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:12 am

Keep in mind also that the team has just been set up for an ambush termination; by either gun and grenade toting goons or by a missile strike from orbit. The sudden appearance of an unknown individual, whether friend or foe, would not be a high priority immediately as the team cannot predict when where or how the next attack might come.

Shadowrunners are, by nature, somewhat paranoid...and in their present circumstances, the team is in survival priority mode. Quick thinking and impulse reactions make for mistakes, false interpretations, and flat out refusal to focus on anything but getting the hell out.

So if introductions and 'extraneous' chatter over comms gets lost in the moment, its just good RP, from my perspective anyway.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 am

It is of course also obvious that The Exchange is looking to benefit somehow from the situation but by the same token it doenst have a reputation for screwing people over that didn't do something bad first (well, unless it was as a favour to another member but it's usually neutral between members other than to expect cooperation)
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 am

Jagger wrote:
Keep in mind also that the team has just been set up for an ambush termination; by either gun and grenade toting goons or by a missile strike from orbit. The sudden appearance of an unknown individual, whether friend or foe, would not be a high priority immediately as the team cannot predict when where or how the next attack might come.

Shadowrunners are, by nature, somewhat paranoid...and in their present circumstances, the team is in survival priority mode. Quick thinking and impulse reactions make for mistakes, false interpretations, and flat out refusal to focus on anything but getting the hell out.

So if introductions and 'extraneous' chatter over comms gets lost in the moment, its just good RP, from my perspective anyway.
Very Happy

Oh no doubt Smile

What I think is good RP and logical, and what "Sid" considers acceptable from behind the wheel of a stolen military truck are two very different things though Laughing

Kesslan wrote:

Roughly 20-25 minutes as the drop point is prior to reaching the city proper.

Which means Sid won't be diverting from the convoy until then. Assuming he may try that hack attempt on Alexia, it'd be something like:

Hacking (4) + Logic (5) + Commlink (6) - Distracted (2) against a target number of 5.

(Alexia would then roll something like Commlink System (4) + Firewall (3) - Distracted (1) against a target number of 5).

Kesslan mentioned getting the target number from Alexia's character sheet, but that's her opposing test right? If she's not actively trying to prevent me, does her logic count?

What about a natural aptitude for hacking bonus?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 am

@Sid
Oh yeah, its fairly common that I have to edit my writing, usually before posting but not always Razz, to reflect what my character would think or do as opposed to what I would think or do.
And sometimes my character's actions really torque me off!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 am

actually surprisingly enough even though hacking is a logic based skill, it doesn't benefit from the logic pool (at least as far as i've read with the rules) so for something that you would be doing in this situation would be hacking on the fly and not probing, it would be Hacking + Exploit against their Firewall and the opposed test would be there Firewall + Tracking against your Stealth. all of which are extended tests Very Happy so the longer it takes you to break in the more likely it is that you would be discovered, as it should be.

Last edited by Starcraft on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 am

Comlink firewalls don't ever count as distracted. Hacking attempts of this sort are against the numbers set by the comlink + firewall stats with no modifiers on the defending side as they are what create the target number. Opposing rolls by the link are for the analyse software (if there is any) to detect the intrusion or intrusion attempt and react accordingly.

Star: as a note past IC posts already indicated where the vehicle was etc. You chose at that time to leave the area, as such others reacted to get the vehicle and have done so. As such your actions can only be ones taken during the trip home as your past posts already indicated, so you may want to look over everything that happened and what was said and rephrase your questions etc over the link. Additonally as you only thought to remove the comlink battery well after Sid indicated he was going to try to hack it to gain more information on the group that was not responding to him this action will no occur until either the group settles current matters or until after your previous post of telling everyone via your comlink that you were heading home and suggested meeting up at Dante's (otherwise that entire set of actions could not occur)
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:53 am

yea, thats one thing i forgot to edit out of my post. Alexia would have known exactly where it was before she left the group. though i think im starting to get a little confused as to if this is happening as we diverge a bit, or before it with now knowing where the drop off would be. ill finish editing my post once that's clear though
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 am

The drop off point is effectively mentioned en-route a few minutes after everyone breaks into the clear as before that point The Exchange has no way of knowing if everyone made it much less with anything it wants as its sole information presently comes from Jagger, Sid and anything said on the secure chat channel. (most of the info at his point would be from Sids link as he's in he military truck)
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 am

alright its been edited to reflect the appropriate situation
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am

And Sha'hGrim's initial question, which you'll find on the previous page of IC posts just after Kesslan's last GM post, would have happened not long after the THOR round hit. So figure from the time we got out of the building, less than 5 minutes before Sha'hGrim asked the group, over the open Group Line, "Hey, there's this dude who just hopped in to the truck my Spirit took over... Does anyone know him?" The current discussion between Sid/Kess/Me is all about what happens theoretically 10-15 minutes after that time. That would be a lot of static... And a lot of time to respond. The problem is: Only you, Starcraft, and Darkon are even capable of responding, as far as I know. Which is why we've had this strange bifurcated timeline.
Kesslan: Did I get the time-frames correct?

@Sid: I think we're on the same page. It looks to me, from your response and Kesslan's, that we all understand what actions might be taken. The question on the table at the moment is whether they actually happen or not. We're still settling whether Starcraft/Darkon tell Sha'hGrim that you're a "Friendly". Since she is literally out-of-her-mind in pain, she can't even consider (as Jagger correctly pointed out) anything other than escaping, and immediately defensive actions. Hence: The Spirit was instructed to pull over. Not attack - pull over.

@All: In case you're wondering, having read my above comment: Looting is most definitely considered rote escaping/defensive actions. To get out without looting would require override thinking... At least, among Adventurers/'Runners of any tradition.
You want to hear a story that's believable: "I went in to this cave, and got this awesome loot!"
And one thats unbelievable: "I went in to this cave, and saw this awesome loot, but left without any of it..."
Yeah. That's right. Leaving without loot... Well... That just doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 am

I thought Spawns message from the Exchange got broadcast into the group chat? Darkon has not downloaded the exchang app and thus can not communicate with Sid.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 am

I believe star and Tenaka were the only ones with the app. Jagger effectively has it automatically as does sid
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:23 pm

The initial message to the team from the Exchange did get broadcast to the group via Spawn's open team line. Any subsequent messages, however, as far as I understood, was limited to those either already connected to the Exchange or who accepted the offered ap.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok, so, it sounds like everyone is on the same page on the OOC section. But I just went over the IC thread, yet again, and I am not seeing any updates regarding the current understood events.
Let me restate this for you all: If you don't tell Sha'hGrim otherwise: she will stop the truck, with Rufus/Sidney in it. Kesslan has already stated that doing so may not be a particularly good idea. Is someone going to answer her question? Starcraft - this means you. Tenaka is not posting, so you're the only other player who can respond in time.
In addition to what Kesslan has already mentioned: think about starting a relationship with a new teammate by attacking him. And make no mistake: Rufus will most assuredly consider this an attack. While it is non-violent, and appropriate RP, it will strain relations amongst the hyper-paranoid.

Even dealing with multiple time-lines, Sha'hGrim has given the team a SECOND opportunity to respond. Again: is someone going to answer her question? Starcraft/Jagger - this means you. Jagger, you're awake at this point. You've deleted your previous post. You can use that spot for a response to Sha'hGrim.

@Kesslan: I think my post here is sufficiently on point, yes? Perhaps you can lend a little additional punctuation?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 pm

I would reply to gala, but I don't think Darkon knows about the new team mate. Wait... he does. The announcement through Spawns comlink... >_< I'll patch up something.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm

I was waiting only for final confirmation that all was realigned and re-combobulated.

I will post a response forthwith...or immediately...if not sooner...maybe retroactively...?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 pm

well, from alexia's point of view she got the program on a whim, and it contained the countdown for the impact. however she was not going to send any messages across it, because she had no idea who would be on the other end receiving them
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Jagger: you can use the blank-post slot that you have. It will be fine. I don't think Kesslan will mind that the Truck was stopped; if Sha'hGrim finds out immediately that the guy is not a threat, then she can instruct the spirit to release the truck, and Rufus can continue on his merry way. At least, initially... There will be a bit of a reckoning between Sha'hGrim and Rufus when they meet. But likely, considering the circumstances, it will become amicable quickly enough.

Oh: and tell me which post/page you guys responded to Sha'hGrim in. We've got a live timeline bifurcation over 2 pages of IC posts right now. It will be helpful to me to know where I'm looking at the response.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Alright. So our timeline is jumbled up. This hasn't happened to me the first time in my life. And I don't see unsolvable problems with this timey wimey stuff. I suggest we get all up to one point and continue from there. Probably accompanied by comlink banter all the way through.

I have the feeling me rushing ahead to the street doc might have caused this, hence I offer my apologies. It's just that I like this game and was hot to post.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Gala
I didn't see your post here until after I posted. If it will be alright where it is, would you delete the blank, please?

Darkon
No worries. I jumped for the doc too since I was hot to get Spawn's hand fixed up.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Sure; delete is done.

I completely agree! I am posting as frequently as possible because I'm really enjoying this. And I don't blame any one of you for getting ahead of ourselves... It's definitely been mutual!

@Sidney: It looks like this situation is going to be resolved. Go ahead and interact with us all as is appropriate for Rufus. You've got two open lines to speak with now - Sha'hGrim still hasn't downloaded the App, so she's not on.
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Starcraft wrote:
actually surprisingly enough even though hacking is a logic based skill, it doesn't benefit from the logic pool (at least as far as i've read with the rules) so for something that you would be doing in this situation would be hacking on the fly and not probing, it would be Hacking + Exploit against their Firewall and the opposed test would be there Firewall + Tracking against your Stealth. all of which are extended tests Very Happy so the longer it takes you to break in the more likely it is that you would be discovered, as it should be.

Sounds good to me, let's go Razz

Gala wrote:

@Sidney: It looks like this situation is going to be resolved. Go ahead and interact with us all as is appropriate for Rufus. You've got two open lines to speak with now - Sha'hGrim still hasn't downloaded the App, so she's not on.

Sounds good to me.

I'll try to catch it up to the (Thor Blast +15min) mark, which is where the truck stopped and conversations began.

Also, Sid did try to interact with people already. I'm not saying he didn't try very hard but...in his mind, he offered the 'olive branch' first.

Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Ah so! Therein lies the culprit!

Its not your fault, Sid, there was no way for Rufus to know that Sha'hgrim is deathly allergic to olive...
Razz

(Now Gala...put the frag grenade away...no need to get violent here...
Yikes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next