Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Your voice sooths my sore ears. No need for a house call. I am already on my way to you with two patients. One has showered in concrete confetti, the other could use a helping hand. Unfortunately literal.

Driving on an actual road now, he could spare the concentation to handle his comlink. So he switched to the group channel to send a message to everyone. Does anyone of you need medical attention? A friend of mine is making time for a collective appointment. I can give you the adress if you need it. We could as well meet there anyway. The location should be safe enough.

Frank was replying: Sounds like you threw a party. I guess you already worked your mojo on them? He could be heard speaking to someone in the background. Betty please prepare the small surgery ward. And could you call Mr Reynolds and tell him I need to postpone that ingrown toenail to tomorrow? Oh sorry, forgot to mute.

Darkon grinned. Something Frank couldn't see of course. I'm sorry for Mr Reynolds. I know a good pedicure place. Oh by the way, no need to bring your chess set next friday. I found that pawn. It had rolled under the fridge. Don't ask me how it got there.

That made Frank laugh. But a groan from Andrealphus cut Darkons further small talk off. Suddenly serious, the shaman said: I better step down that gas pedal. See you in a bit.

Frank answered: Of course. We'll be ready when you're here. And friday I want some chinese takeout. Your turn to get it. See you later.

Making good on his promise, Darkon accellerated to what he thought was tolerable in the current traffic. „Hold out Andrealphus. We will get you patched up again.“



EDIT:

Sylph followed Darkons aura on the astral plane. She was faster here than she would ever be on that slow, tideous physical plane. And she could use her power just as fine, still concealing Darkon from anyone who tried to track him. Wrapping her own energies around his aura without smothering it. That was delicate but kind of funny. Being close enough to conceal but far enough not to hamper the flow of his own energies. It almost tickled her in it's fine flux.

Stupid traffic. Why is it the grid jams up anytime you really need to be quick? His rational mind knew that the red light period wasn't any longer than usually on the crossing. But he felt personally hindered and slowed down by every other car on the street. As if they were trying to stop him to deliver his team mates on time. All these horsepowers. And yet I'm going at a snails pace. If it were a race snail at least. Michael Ende give me strength.

Finally, they arrived in the backstreet of Franks very private clinic. Darkon sent a blip to Franks link while turning off his cars engine. He turned around towards the backseats. But as he wasn't a physician, he couldn't really tell if his friends were any better than before. Unbuckling his seatbelt, the shaman got out of the car and opened the hind doors. Just in time for Frank, accompanied by a couple of nurses and rolling stretchers to come through an opening door, rushing down the ramp.

Frank was the first to arrive, giving Darkon a friendly nod but immediately turning to his patients, quickly taking Andrealphus vitals. “Hell and brimstone. Did he take a meteor shower? Betty, get him inside and put him in the scanner. I need to see if any fragments caused internal injuries.” Pulling back a flap of Andrealphus coat he added: “And give him a saline and plasma IV.” Betty and a male nurse lifted Andrealphus out of the car onto the stretcher. The doc inspected Spawn next. “The stump has already healed over. Good work big D. He felt Spawns pulse. “Betty, this one gets saline too.” It was a busy beehive of white clad people in and around Darkons car. It was a calming sight for him though, as Frank knew his business. And he looked after his staff, seeding out the incompetent.

The streetdoc took a look at the shaman. “Are you alright?” To which Darkon replied with a smirk: “Nothing hurt but my pride. Yes, I am alright. I had been lucky.” He felt Sylphs presence around him. It had been more than luck. He had been protected.I have to thank Sylph for that later. Maybe some of that eucalyptus resine she likes so much.

“There might come others of my friends. Although I don't think they had been hurt as badly as these two. Please put it all on my credit. You know you will get paid.” He lifted his hand as Frank opened his mouth. “I know I'm a friend. But you need to buy medicine, and so few of your patients have money. You don not need to apologize to me for taking money. How many times do I have to tell you that?” Franks mouth clapped shut. Darkon knew the doc didn't have any problems to take money from a friend. That should take the wind out of his sails. “Although, I might ask you for a short delay,” Darkon added with an apologetic smile.

Frank opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again and finally said: “Well, of course. Good friends get credit. And I always take interest in my friends.” That made Darkon laugh. “Of course.”

With a wink Frank turned. “Now I have to take care of my patients. In the communal room is fresh tea. Suit yourself.”

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin


Last edited by Darkon on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Willpower 3 = 2 hits

Broken, disconnected images drifted through Spawn's subconscious mind, though tinged with a pervasive, escalating sense of urgency common to nightmares. Also, as is common with nightmares, he tried to run but
felt as if struggling against a wall of thick goo that clung to him and impeded his progress. Panic began to creep in from the edges of his awareness and he fought harder and harder until he was thrashing wildly in its restraining grip.
Little by little, barely perceptible at first but persistent, something tugged at Spawn's mind - an insistent pull back the way he had come. Back? He didn't want to go back. Back was pain. Back was aching solitude. Back was where he'd left the twisted, ridiculed, outcast and now grenade-blasted thing he hated.
But he could not go any further away. The resilient but once penetrable goo had now solidified and he was leaning against it, pressing with all his will, but to no avail.
Reluctantly, Spawn relented and let the nagging, harassing pull turn him to face what he knew he would find behind him - his own battered but mostly healed body. It lay there in the backseat of Darkon's car, rocking with the vehicle's movements.

He didn't want to go back. He was free and wanted to remain so. But there was still work to be done. Tasks to fulfill. And revenge to be taken.
He would go back. He would help his team. And he would find the one responsible for this latest atrocity against him, the loss of his right hand.

Now that he had accepted his fate, he found himself able to move with the speed and fluidity of a spirit and was settling back into his mutilated body in mere moments.
An anguished moan of despair at the loss of such freedom escaped his lips in the backseat and he opened his eyes to look around him.
What was going on? he wondered as the images of his out-of-body experience were already fading with the return of consciousness. There remained, and always would, a sense of freedom lost.

Spawn lifted his hand to rub his fingers on his forehead and was galvanized by the sight of his destroyed hand. Then all that had happened came crashing back to him and he sat up convulsively and looked back at the warehouse. Seeing it dwindling steadily behind them, he turned to face the front of the car.

"Everyone out?! What happened? Where are we going?"


Last edited by Jagger on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : timeline errors)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 31
Age : 35
Location : Oregon
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:42 am

Edgar, keeping an eye on the clock as he speeds away from the warehouse lets out a slight sigh of relief once he passed the invisible "barrier". For a moment his foot slips off the pedal as he glances at the side mirror, a wide grin crossing his face as the ordinance impacts "I want one" he says almost accidentally over the comm.

Checking the link that the Exchange had sent for the location of the drop off he takes a moment to decide where to go. On the one hand he could head towards the drop site and set up some distance away. Even though this Exchange had been quite helpful, Edgar had no knowledge of them nor previous experience with the group, thus was hesitant to give them his full trust, after all they had just been ambushed by a "friend".

As he continues to mull things over, he follows some distance behind Darkon to his friends. Pulling up behind D's vehicle Edgar hops out after cutting the engine doing his best to give the doc and nurses a hand in getting his injured teammates inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:41 am

Watching the impact from the safe zone, Alexia still felt the concussion from the blast shake her vehicle. watching it disipate and seeing a copletly leveled playingfield, save for the crater that now occupied a sizable area.

I hope everyone got out safely. However we need to get away from this area. That impact is going to bring a lot of attention here and Soon. We gotta make sure that if there are any cameras that can see us getting away, Don't see us. ya'll know the drill. Honestly i think a meetup point that's further away than the previously agreed upon one is much more suitable. especially after that Thor display, How bout we meetup at Dante's later tonight? say around 1900?

While she was talking over her link Alexia threw the bus into drive and sent a command for it to head back to her place so that she could clean up, and head over to wherever it was that the group would meet up at
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:15 pm

„Edgar. Nice you could make it.“ Darkon smirked at Edgar. “For a moment I thought you would drive my car. But I see you needed to get your own to safety.” The shaman shrugged. “At least nobody was left behind.” He put a hand on Edgars shoulder. “Let's go inside. Frank told me there is fresh tea in the break room. And the cars are invisible to surveillance under the sun roof.”

Alexis. I do not think Spawn or Andrealphus will go to any club anytime soon. As much as I would hate to let an opportunity pass to dance with you again. The clinic is secure enough I think. I doubt they, whoever they are, will flatten the whole neighborhood. It would raise too many questions. But if you like, we can meet at Dantes afterwards.

He walked inside when a thought hit him. What if they know where we live? No. There is no link from me to my house. I made sure of that. All traces had been erased. Spade could only have the old com number. Nothing more. But there was a nagging worry. He poured some hot tea for Edgar and for himself.

Finally, Darkon gave in to the worry and called his home. The home system was active. But nobody picked up. After a while, the personal message recorder came online and asked if Darkon would like to leave a message. Robyn? Brighid? This is Darkon. If you get this, please call me at once.

Where are they again? He tried Brighids personal comlink next. But to no avail. Darkon became nervous. Why didn't she pick up? She was practically glued to it. “Verdammt, was ist da los?”

He stood up from the chair he just had sat down, the cup with the hot tea still on the table. “I am sorry Edgar. I need to go home and see if everything is alright.”

On the way to his car, his thoughts circled: Oh Goddess please don't let them get to my girls. Oh please don't.

He had just started the engine, just put the reverse in, when his comlink buzzed. It was Brighid. What's up?

Oh Goddess... thank you. Why didn't you pick up earlier?His concern showed clearly in his voice. Brighids reply was somewhat flippant. I was under the shower. Can't I have any privacy? Darkon shook his head, despite everything, or maybe because of his relief, he grinned. Teenagers... Through the comlink he asked: And what about the house com?

Brighid was getting annoyed. He could hear it. We thought someone was calling that hardware store again. We had three fragging calls already today.

And where is Robyn?She is more reliable. At least usually.Darkon thought.

Getting pizza. We're hungry.

When she comes back, stay inside. Don't answer the door. Wait at home until I come back.

Brighid whailed: But I've got a date. Cindy and Spork want me to watch the new Urban Warrior movie with them.
Darkons voice became stern, hard. You will stay inside with Robyn. This is serious. We will talk about it when I come home. Softer: It is for your own safety. But she had already hung up on him.

Darkon chuckled. She has her mothers temper.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:26 pm

"You want one what?" Sha'hGrim responded to Edgar, not realizing that the topic of his desire was painfully obvious. Darkon's comment a moment later made the connection for her.
"Oh... Yeah." She knew that she had some clever comment stored up there somewhere in her head. But it just wouldn't come out. Sha'hGrim opened her mouth, prepared for some sort of slight or mildly singing comment to drop, and was disappointed when she had to close it again. Nothing but silence. Or perhaps static. - I wonder what a Mind Reading spell might be able to find out about me right now...? She thought idly, then giggled at the thought. The truth was, as far as Sha'hGrim was concerned, there was nothing whatsoever to find in there at the moment! Though, before she could lament, she had already forgotten that she had forgotten!
"Erm... Yeah. Me either." Sha'hGrim voiced her agreement with Darkon's rejection of Alexis' suggestion.
"I'm more in line with that Doc's. He got a couch I can chill on? I don't think I have more than a few sentances worth of response left in me. At least, for tonight. If we wanted to meet up in the morning instead, that could work for me. I'm thinkin' most of this will have cleared up by then." She added, referring to the headache as "this" and looking forward to a soft couch with cushions that she could sink in to. She had been on one couch, once, that was so big and so soft that she had felt like she needed to climb out of the cushioning in order to sit up straight again. - Ahh... That was the stuff... Sha'hGrim mused for a few moments, continuing to follow Darkon through the wasteland and on to what appeared to have once been a road. The ash made it difficult to tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Slowly, relieved but a little shocked, Darkon climbed out of the car. Sha'hGrim was in her car, parking under the sun roof. „Come on out, dear. I'll help you. The couch is waiting. It's a comfortable one at that. Franks staff is prone to long night shifts.“ He offered a hand to steady the woman. “And there is fresh, hot tea.” Helping her inside, Frank came out. „On a word big D.“ The streetdoc started. „How hot are you coming in? I don't mind your party to crash her for a short while.“ He took a look at Sha'hGrim. „You look like you need it. But I have to think about my patients.“

Darkon nodded. „I understand. But I don't think we have been followed. All that ash and dust thrown into the air by that Thor blast should have thrown any air surveillance off our trails. Not to mention any drones that would have been in the air around. By the way, how are my friends doing?“

Frank paled. „That blast was about you? All the media is running amok because of it.“ He gulped. „As for your friends...“

((That will have to come to Kesslans discretion.))

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SidneyL
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 31
Age : 33
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Rufus wasn't concerned at the moment when the truck sprang to life, no, not then. It was a 'blessing', as it meant he could get out of here. Seeing as no one needed his Ford after all, he split his attention between driving the truck and remotely driving his car, staring at its licence plate as it followed the others through the ash.

The AR display continued to show his approximate countdown, and he braced mentally when it turned red- he thought he was clear of the blast radius, safe- but none the less, this wasn't a firecracker...only for a few anxious moments of nothing. Then his mirrors turned red, and the warehouse disappeared, while his cab shook with the quake. He was, in the end, off in his approximation.

As the truck rumbled on, undeterred, his mind was free to turn to other things. First, was how the truck had just started on its own. "As if by magic" was an old saying he had heard of, which came from before there really was magic in this world- before he was born, of course. Magic. He never did care for it, perhaps because he didn't understand it. Perhaps out of jealousy... which if anyone asked, he would steadfastly denied. Whatever the reason, it left him with some misgivings.

Not that he didn't appreciate the help- for that's what it certainly was. Someone else had helped him start the truck.

Speaking of the others...his mind wandered to them.

No communications on the chat program- and while he didn't expect idle chit chat, especially depending on how badly some of them may be hurt, he found it hard to believe the others weren't saying at least something to each other.

Which meant, of course, private chatter on their commlinks. Which was fine with him. He supposed... probably making sure they were all okay, maybe figuring out what to do next. Talking about him. Maybe. Considering if he's trustworthy?

Were they? For that matter?

Resting his cheek against his hand, his elbow propped on the driver's door, Rufus drove both the truck and his Ford on, following Alexia, his mind mulling things over...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 pm

In a world of instant communications, constant surveillance and an unending connection to the matrix, the blast was catching some serious news, but all of it was pure speculation. No one had any facts, and even footage was sparse. While there was a brief initial flurry and the blogs and tabloids claiming everything from meteors to aliens to terrorist attacks, the official news feeds mentioned the event, showed what little footage there was of the cloud formed by the impact but little else, at least for the first few minutes. And then came the 'real' news. "This is Sandra Hayze with Horizon World News! Today an Ares Satellite Weapons test caused an unexpected stir today due to a break down in communications between UCAS Military officials and local municipal governments. Ares Macrotechnology was running a routine demonstration of it's new Mark 7 weapons satellites to UCAS military officials today and apparently the demonstration had been scheduled several months in advance, however due to a slip up in communications proper notice was not given to local residents. Additionally a last minute and unexpected ash storm from the near by volcano gave the appearance of a much larger weapon than was actually utilized during the test...." And so on and so on went the news reports. For those that had been there, it was so obvious there was a coverup that even the shadows knew something was up and curious runners, newsies and others were starting to dig. Already data files were being corrupted, footage was being deleted and all sorts of signs of some serious damage control were going on. Both the UCAS military and Ares were in cover up mode for sure, while competitors in the weapons market like Sader-Krupp, were already picking at what ever holes they could find in trying to expose a scandal that of course both the UCAS military and Ares were denying.

Such was the sort of news that Spawn found himself waking up to during the drive, his mind foggy but at least intact. Of course it would take him a moment to realize that his hand was now gone and a healed over stump at the wrist took it's place... a bad turn of events but in the sixth world, with enough money, there was always a fix for such things at least, even for the awakened... if you had enough money. Which, at this time he didn't. Of course there was Zazin still sitting there in his AR display trying to get his attention. When the little icon finally seemed to realize Spawn was awake again it opened a chat window that included Rufus, as well as the others that had accepted The Exchange's chat program. "The Exchange would like to know if you intend to make delivery, if so the window for drop off is quickly closing...."

By the time the street doc had a chance to look everyone over, Shah'grim was merely offered some mild medication to help her at least feel better, but otherwise there technically wasn't really anything wrong with her. Adrealphus however would need some further medical treatment and was still unconscious, however he was at least stable, breathing and expectations were that he would recover. Spawn on the other hand, now only having an other hand was yet another story. Darkon had done his job quite admirably, and while Spawn was a little banged up most of his remaining injuries were expected to heal up in a day or two, save the missing hand of course. "Now, we've got a few options here. The quickest of course is a cybernetic replacement and we can get one of those quite cheaply, however your only other option is a cloned replacement. Now this is very expensive and takes time, I also don't have the necessary facilities here but I can probably get you an appointment at a major hospital and provide the necessary paperwork to make it look like he was simply the victim of an accident. It'll cost a little bit extra for the cover story but should hold up to any inquiries if anyone even bothers to make any."

For Alexia's part, the trip home was entirely uneventful save the news, heavy traffic, and the usual things one would come to expect of living in Seattle. She also found that should she desire, booking a booth at Dantes would be almost impossible on such short notice, but of course for a patron of her status they were always willing to make an exception. Money ruled the world for the most part, and having invested her savings into the high life were indeed paying off with certain perks. Nothing quite like the scale of the truly rich, but more than enough for almost any night club. (GM note: Any actual costs are covered under the entertainment section of your lifestyle.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:32 am

"There is a Metahuman in my truck, and it seems to be attempting to drive me. Should I allow it?" The message came through the magical link between Sha'hGrim and her Spirit. Along with the link was a short picture showing the metahuman wearing, more or less, street clothes. Even any armor he was wearing would pale in comparison to the rest of the group's.
"Yes." Sha'hGrim responded as quickly as she could. She didn't want there to be any control-lag, so that the Metahuman would notice. She then took a few moments to think about the implications of the situation.
"What is he doing?"[/b] She asked after several seconds.
[i]"He seems to be following the group, at the moment, and speeding as fast as possible away from the Warehouse. He is headed in the same direction as you are. Also, there is a truck right in front of this one, and there is no driver."
The Spirit responded. Obviously the Spirit would have no idea how the automated driving allowed by a VCR would work. Even should Sha'hGrim explain it, it would take years of experience as a Free Spirit before the Spirit would have any notion of how this sort of thing works.
"Ok, allow him to continue to drive. Notify my if he takes a path different from my own." Sha'hGrim responded, permitting the spirit to allow the strange new metahuman to drive the car that Sha'hGrim figured was, at this point, the group's spoils of war. She was a little wary, and figured it would make some sense to ask the group about it.

A few minutes later, as the Ash cloud rose in their mirrors...
"Hey all. Some guy showed up at the Warehouse as we were leaving. I hardly noticed at the time, but he's attempting to drive the car I asked my Spirit to take over. I've allowed it for the moment, but I'm wondering what you all think... Should I ask the Spirit to lock the doors, and force him to follow us? Do we know who this is?" Sha'hGrim asked as they were barrelling down the road; the cloud of Ash showing in her rear view mirrors. At this point, she knew that the Truck, and her Spirit, had managed to escape the blast zone.



At the Doctor's
Ashe groaned, opening the door and letting one leg fall out. Chasky whined in her ear, having hopped over the seat-backs to sit in the front with her. Sha'hGrim turned back to Chasky, and he put his enormous Cat head up against her neck, rubbing her with his soft but singed-smelling fur. It would be a few weeks before his short fur grew back out, covering what now appeared to be Battle Wounds. Though the Spirit had protected him from any real damage, his fur lent him the current appearance of having barely survived an incredible battle. Sha'hGrim shuddered slightly as she realized that he had been basically on top of a Grenade that had exploded; and that he didn't even have any bleeding. Despite that, he likely looked as though he had been shaven for a surgery! There wasn't likely any hair that survived that blast...
[color=green]"It's going to be all right."Grim said soothingly as Darkon approached the car. Chasky tensed at first, likely ready to spring in to defense mode. Fortunately, Darkon's scent and voice were both familiar to Chasky, and as he approached the car, Chasky was able to smell Darkon and relaxed.
[color=green]"I'll be back in a bit. Guard the car for me, ok?"
Sha'hGrim said, giving Chasky a kiss on the top of his head. Chasky responded by rubbing her neck again, somewhat forcefully.
"Ok; sit back over there now, I need to get out. She said, standing up with Darkon's help. Sha'hGrim reach up and draped one arm over his shoulders. Chasky ignored her requests and hopped out of the vehicle, landing silently on the pavement beside her. Sha'hGrim sighed, but shrugged her head and closed the door behind him. She made certain to active the Locking mechanism on her Commlink, which would lock the vehicle and activate the anti-theft measures.
"I guess he's coming." She said to Darkon as he helped her walk toward the back door of the clinic.

"Pardon Chasky; he'll stay by my side, and entirely out of your way." Sha'hGrim said to the doctor as he gave a deeply critical look at the Cat by her side. She didn't think he would actually attempt to stop Chasky from entering; as Chasky likely outweighed the good doctor by 20% of his body weight; and was 100% Killing Machine. Despite that, he likely was somewhat nonplussed by his entrance, and presence - for those exact same reasons.
"Right Darkon?" She said, turning her head toward Darkon for confirmation. The team was well enough familiar with Chasky and Jenny (who had not accompanied Sha'hGrim this time) that they knew that the Cats really were Sha'hGrim's best friends. After all, she had imbued the Cat with the spirit's strength and abilities, rather than herself. What did that say about her priorities?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SidneyL
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 31
Age : 33
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:18 pm

It didn't take long before Rufus' curiosity grew about these other runners that he knew so little about. Sure, one of them was working for the Exchange...and that lent a bit of trust. But not enough, not nearly enough, no...

He glanced at the chat window, which remained quiet. No discussion on what the the plan was- if there even was a plan. They seemed to be content letting him grab the truck though... about the only thing he knew for sure was that one of them started the truck.

Trust on the unknown only went so far.

Assuming the runner ahead of his Ford was probably communicating with the rest of the team- probably discussing what 'THE PLAN' was (assuming there was 'THE PLAN'), he set about tracing the hidden node he knew must be there. It didn't take long for him to find it, at which point he set about cracking the encryption... (Out of Character note: I sent a roll for tracing to Kesslan over the weekend Smile Yay, first roll!)
Only to discover that, amazingly, whoever it was ahead wasn't using any! Rufus felt his gut turn cold. And what was worse- as if it COULD be worse- whoever it was up ahead was attempting to pull strings to get into Dante's to get into it tonight.

Feeling the cold spread from his gut to a chill up his spine, Rufus took stock of the situation.

a) He was currently risking his life by helping some strangers steal a military truck- a military truck that had been just moments from being vaporized by a military owned WMD satalite until he drove it away;
b) The strangers couldn't be bothered to encrypt their wireless traffic, due to inexperience, or apathy, he wasn't sure
c) It was his ass on the line, as he was driving the stolen military truck
d) They were apparently content to let him risk his life for them...while they ignored him to go to celebrate at Dante's.

That. That last point was the worse. No way in hell was he (No pun intended...okay, maybe a bit...) going to Dante's. In fact, to hell with this kindegarden playground bullcrap.

Rufus turned hsi attention away from listening to the (apparent) inane chatter coming out of Alexia's commlink, and opened the window to the exchange

I'll be dropping off the truck shortly he sent to the Exchange in reponse, and then took the next turn, the Ford breaking off from Alexia's bus. His truck followed after it, heading to the dropoff.

With the Exchange answered, his attention returned to Alexia's commlink. The unecrypted, 'script kiddie', vulnerable commlink, just begging to be broken into by a hacker.

An irresitable plea to be hacked, in fact, to someone like Rufus.

Afterall, as Rufus answered that plea, if nothing else... Rufus believed in full disclosure...

EDIT: I'll post the roll later tonight, rulebook's at home, and I'd like to run it by to make sure it's right. Hack (4) + Logic (5) + Commlink of (6) against Alexia's Commlink firewall...and OS? Kesslan mentioned +6 for admin access. There's a...-2 I think for being distracted by driving, but a +2 as Rufus has specialized in hacking

That look about right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 pm

to be reposted


Last edited by Jagger on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pending replacement)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 pm

"The truck has changed course." The Spirit reported to Sha'hGrim the moment Sidney followed his Ford in a different direction.
"The truck that left the warehouse ahead of the truck you've asked me to possess is still leading the way. And there is still no one in the driver's seat." The Spirit continued, literally stealing the question right off Sha'hGrim's tongue. Sha'hGrim grinned in spite of her still-pounding head ache. - There are certainly some advantages to summoning Spirits which are smarter than I am! Thought Sha'hGrim. OOC: Sidney, read this section carefully.
The Gas pedal in the Military Truck lifted under Sidney's foot. At the same time, the Brake pedal pushed down. Somehow, whatever it was that was controlling the vehicle now was subtle. The Gas pedal came up almost immediately, though the brake pedal went down slowly, causing the vehicle to stop, but not terribly abruptly. While it was still happening quickly, it was only stopping slightly faster than normal-driving might dictate. There wouldn't be any rubber left on the road.
Simultaneously the steering wheel turned slightly, heading the Military Truck off the road. There wasn't really a shoulder here, just a jumble of ancient unused side-walk near the hollowed out husks of buildings. The truck had no trouble bumping it's two wheels up and over the small curb, where there was one remaining, and coming to a stop half-way off the road.
"I have stopped the vehicle, as you instructed. I appears that I caught this Metahuman by surprise, but I expect him to struggle shortly." The spirit informed Sha'hGrim, again acting in advance of her response. She grinned again, mentally nodding at her previous sentiment.
"Hey all, my Spirit has just forced the Military Vehicle to stop on the road. Now that he's out of the immediate area, the Spirit determined that it was reasonably safe to pull over. Now might be a good time to let me know if you all know who he is? I barely remember driving out of there, but I do vaguely recall that this guy drove in, unconcealed, and didn't attack us. He had to know we were there somehow, right...?" She asked the group, again using the secure 'Link line. Since the Doctor was in the room, Sha'hGrim didn't think it was appropriate to speak out loud. And besides, Alexia wasn't there with the group, and she might have some idea.
Sha'hGrim remained in her relaxed position on the couch and continued to idly scratch Chasky on the head. He was purring, but it was so quiet that no one would be able to hear him. Sha'hGrim, however, could clearly feel his head vibrating like a vibro-knife, off and on, with each breath. He was as content as he could be. And probably much better than if she'd left him in the Truck. - On second thought, I did just have him Possessed... It really wouldn't be fair of me to have left him in the Truck. He needs comforting himself; almost as much as he needs to comfort me. Sha'hGrim thought to herself, looking down at one of her two closest companions. - Yeah, I'm glad I brought him in. She finished the thought with a smile, and a small scratch down the back of his head, right in that sensitive spot where the neck muscles connect to the skull. Chasky responded enthusiastically by pushing his head up against her hand.

OOC: Kesslan - if the Spirit's actions exceed the "Surprise Round," let me know and I will edit accordingly. I felt these were appropriate actions considering that the spirit is nearly guaranteed an Absolute Surprise. Let me know.


Last edited by Gala on Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 pm

While he helped Sha'hGrim to get inside, he let Chasky sniff at his hand and patted her head. To Frank he said: “You will need a crowbar and some heavy artillery to pry Chasky off her side. But she's well trained and behaves.” He emphasized that with another pet on the big cats head.

While Frank left the break room, he turned to Sha'hGrim. “We need to regroup and confer. This attack was planned well. And with considerable resources. Someone wants our deaths, and if not, then at least our attention.”

Anyone who knew Darkon, could notice he was a bit more fidgety than usually. We got out alright, my girls are ok too. Why do I have this weird feeling? He did not like it one bit. And his experience, gathered during a long life, told him he should listen to his feelings. “There is something we have missed. But what?”

When Sha'hGrim talked about the vehicle, he looked up. “Wasn't there someone speaking about someone come to our aid? Maybe the exchange already sent someone to fetch the car?”

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin


Last edited by Darkon on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am

i have no idea who might be in that vehicle though I'll head back that way to check it out. Might be the late arrival from the exchange... i'm not happy about that one but look at how the rest of our day has gone while quickly heading back to her bus she fired of a quick message to Eve Ton. a slightly eccentric spider but the two hit it off pretty well as close acquaintances one one of her more recent runs. Figuring she might be able to cover up any video footage of the incident

Hey Eve, got some trids of that party. Thought you might want to look them over see about anything that might be interesting in them, you always liked that wierd stuff <3, kinda creepy dark with the abandoned feeling, and explosions ... dunno it just screamed you. anyway come by my pad sometime, need to catch up on stuff scene we haven't seen each other in so long

Probably not a bad idea to ditch this link after spade's little fiasco. if he went to that extent then he's probably tracking us if he doesn't think were dead

back over the link with the group:
Hey, i'm going to go silent for a bit. got this weird feeling, yall know how to reach me
With that, she removed the battery pack from her link to force an abrupt shutdown of the entire thing.there, that should help a bit if anything is happening, or going to happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:54 pm


((I assume, this happened during the drive, just when Gala had the spirit stop the truck. So from my point of view, I a jumping back on Darkons timeline a bit.))


With a sigh, Darkon took his comlink in his hands. Why do I always have to take things into my own hands? Oh right... if you want things done the right way, do them yourself. He finally downloaded the exchange chat program. Guys, this will cost you some favor. Oh the things I do for my friends...

When the download was complete and the program installed, he opened the chat towards that unknown driver. He spoke in a friendly, reasonable tone, which nevertheless carried that he was talking business: Hello there. You might have noticed the truck is not entirely cooperative. I would like you to introduce yourself so we have less qualms about letting you drive it. Not to sound unfriendly, but we just had a heavy weight dropped on us with literally astronomical velocity. So I hope you forgive us.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Spawn, catching some of the 'back-n-forth' over the team link and quickly scanning the messages sent by the Exchange while he was out, saw the reason for the confusion and immediately spoke up to remedy the situation.

"Relax everyone," he said over his comm, a note of urgency in his voice, still raspy after his recent return to consciousness. "The guy in the truck is on our side. Name's Rufus and he's trying to fulfill a task given by the Exchange. He's not stealing the truck. In fact, it may be to our combined advantage to accompany him. The Exchange has offered us assistance, and I'm sure I need not relate just how beneficial that can prove to be."

Pausing a moment to orient himself with where Darkon was in relation to the other vehicles, Spawn thought for a moment before continuing.

"I repeat: proceeding to the drop point for the Exchange would be a good move. But anyone against that action is entitled to their own course. What's your pleasure, ladies?"

As an aside, Spawn opened a private channel to Rufus via the encoded Exchange ap.

"Rufus, this is Spawn. I'm a member of the Exchange. I believe you were informed of my presence in this mission. What is your current task by the Exchange, and have you been assigned to assist my team or strictly to complete your current task?"

Spawn hoped for the former, but he knew all too well how the Exchange had its own agenda and its own priorities. If they were lucky...really lucky...not only would Rufus turn out to be an addition to the team, but the presence of two members of the Exchange would prove to be a major bonus to finding their betrayer and resolving their being targeted by Ares Macrotechnology. Not to mention what, if anything, insect spirits have to do with it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 pm

"Wait... What?!?" Sha'hGrim responded, steadfastly holding her heading in the truck. She knew better than to let this conversation, or the shock that this random meta was theoretically not just non-hostile, but sort of on the same side, force her to veer from the road. Attention, at this stage, was not a good thing.
"Ok. So help me out a bit... My head is, obviously, somewhat fuzzy at the moment. You're telling me you want me to release him?" She asked, letting some of the surprise enter her voice. Sha'hGrim looked in to her rear view mirror, noting the growing ash cloud behind her and shuddering. - This is going to cause a Media Frenzy! She thought to herself, before realizing with a start that Chasky wasn't visible in her rear-view. - Oh Frag! She thought, as a surge of adrenaline jolted in to her. - I know he got in the Truck at the warehouse... I know that he was with me while I was stripping the dead-dude... I didn't check if he stayed in the Truck or not after... She thought, attempting to follow a mental checklist of where she had seen him last through her mental fog.
Sha'hGrim quickly twisted her head, throwing a glance backward in to the bed of the Truck. - Sometimes he lies down... She thought, as her tension isntantly eased. He wasn't in the back; he had climbed over the seat-backs at some point to lay down in the Passenger seat of the Truck. His head was up at the moment, looking at her, and she caught site of him as she twisted back to look for him. - Oh! Thank the Gods!!! She thought to herself, feeling the building knot in her stomach come instantly untied.
"Ok. I guess that's fine. I will ask the Spirit to release him; but please confirm first? And how do I get in touch with him?" She asked, knowing that she should probably explain the situation of the Truck stopping of it's own accord herself. It likely wasn't the most comfortable situation for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Spawn could definitely get behind the 'thinking not being the strongest suit' right now. Still, he knew Sha'hgrim would not only want some further explanation, but quite possibly feel some chagrin for allowing her debilitated state to so influence her actions. If he knew her - can we ever really 'know' another? - Sha'hgrim detested looking uncertain of herself, especially before an unknown player in their little game, whether ally or adversary.

"I hear ya, Sha," he replied with sincere sympathy. "Me brains is still a bit scrambled. The guy may not be exactly a friend - I'm still not clear on that - but he's definitely not...repeat: not...an enemy. I do, however, strongly reccomend we accompany him to the Exchange drop point. If I read their communique right, they have offered to help. And whether you wish to become a member or not, refusing the Exchange's offer without first having joined or asked for assistance is a very bad move. They are quite literally connected in circles and in ways even I shudder to contemplate. I believe our best course of action at present is to go and find out what they want."

Spawn sent this out on the open team channel so that everyone could hear. He had experience with the Exchange, and while it was by no means an easy partnership, whatever they asked - no matter how odd or how dangerous - was always well rewarded, though sometimes in very unexpected ways.

"Darkon," he spoke directly to the mage from the backseat rather than over the comm, "if you choose not to meet with the Exchange, would you mind dropping me at the truck's location? I can go on with Rufus. If you are interested, then let's head that way anyway."

He turned to look at his old friend, Andrealphus' still unconscious form.

"And don't worry about Andre," he added confidently. "He'll be seen to, I assure you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:39 pm

"I have already got made an appointment with a trusted streetdoc of mine." He looked back at Andrealphus and Spawn for a second before turning back to face the street. He thought about the future. Darkon thought about the possible consequences. We might need allies. And I already downloaded that damned program. "I think he is stable enough for a short deviation, so I will drive there. But after that, it is straight to the streetdoc."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Spawn grinned at the back of Darkon's head. He knew under that sometimes joking, sometimes grim exterior beat the heart of a caring, devoted soul.

"Fair enough, me bucko," Spawn said in a pitiful sailor's patoi, made even worse by his still raspy voice. Between the ashfall and the dust and fumes from the grenade blast, Spawn's throat was dry and sore, making him sound a bit like a toad croaking in English.

"How about the rest of you? Edgar? Lexi? Sha? Anybody else interested in checking out our generous benefactors' offer?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Darkon heard the dry croak. He had worn his respirator the whole time, though others haven't had that luxury. "There is a fridge built in the middle beam. Get yourself some lemonade or water." After a moment he added: "And toss me one too please."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:09 am

"Well, I'll come. I'm not prepared to call them our benefactor just yet, but I am willing to meet, and hear what they have to say." Sha'hGrim replied, continuing to follow Darkon's truck in front of her. She didn't really care one way or another at the moment. All she wanted was a soft couch to sink in to and a warm tea to calm her frayed nerves. Then, of course, a good night's sleep.
"I can ask the Spirit to return control of the Vehicle to the Meta... What did you say his name is again? Anyway, one of you all should reach out to him and let him know that we're on our way to meet with him." She said, struggling to pull his name out of her memory banks. Right now, the currents of her mind were more turbulent than a sand-storm in the desert, and were shifting just as violently. She knew that she needed some good wholesome rest to take care of the headache she had now.
"Or, I can just as easilly ask the Spirit to lock the Truck Doors, and keep him in... I'm still not sure who this guy is, or why he's in my Spirit's Truck." Sha'hGrim added carefully. The truth is, the Spirit and Rufus had worked together to succeed in this. Rufus had made it possible to drive away with the Truck, untracked. The Spirit had made it possible to survive to drive fast enough to get out of the Blast Radius in time. Both parties needed the other, and, interestingly, it seemed like neither party had been aware. Sha'hGrim certainly wasn't - she had no idea that the work Rufus had done was critical to their capacity to drive away with the Truck; at least without being tracked.


Last edited by Gala on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SidneyL
Meat
Meat


Number of posts : 31
Age : 33
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:30 am

[OOC:] I'm going to post from where Rufus started to hack Alexia's Commlink and take it up to when Drakon started talking to Rufus over the Commlink.

@Alexia: I don't know what you'll do once Rufus announces himself to you. It'll be quite obvious he hacked in at that point, so if you pull the battery or whatever at that point, obviously he can't ramble on like he does. I can't blame you if you do! Rufus can be a real jerk

If you do, I'll just assume he fumes and the time between hacking in and the truck pulls over is otherwise as uneventful as before, cool? Smile

EDIT: Forgot my rolls. Kesslan said that I get five attempts per 3 seconds.
Your FIREWALL is 3, Admin access is 6 so I need 9.

(Kesslan can't post my character sheet in the thread due to being unable to unlock the thread, but my Firewall is actually 7 due to Natural Aptitude, my Exploit is 6, and I get a +2 bonus that counteracts a -2 penalty for distraction. Rolling 13 for 9 hits

13d6.hits(5)=4
13d6.hits(5)=4
13d6.hits(5)=3

My stealth is 6. If I need more rolls, let me know Smile

@Jagger: I'm not sure if the Exchange would have given his name as 'Rufus'- "Sid" or "Sidney" is his 'runner name, and he's a bit paranoid about letting the 'Rufus' name out. As he might tell Alexia (depends on her reaction), below, it's "Sid" to his friends and "Sidney" to everyone else (including Alexia at this point).

@ALL: I'm well aware of the irony of Rufus talking down to Alexia when I'm probably the greenest and newbish person here! My character's an arrogant ass at times though so... please remember that 'SidneyL' and 'Rufus' are two very different people!



Rufus found it surprising easy to hack the Commlink that was babbling about Dante's...well, no not surprising. A bit of him had hoped this group of 'runner's activities hadn't been being broadcasted unencrypted the whole time, but it certainly seemed that way. So, no, not surprising. More...disheartening. We'll go with disheartening. It shouldn't have been so easy to get admin access...

It only took him a few moments to take stock of the Commlink, and then he was ready: One of the first things he did was add himself to Alexia's 'friends' list, so he could start a conversation with her.

Another thing he did was to search through her Commlink's history, trying to find the names and contacts of the other 'runners.

He called her with his Commlink, then opened the conversation window for her. "Good day Script Kiddie!" he greeted. If they weren't willing to talk to him over the Exchange's chat box, well, he was going to find another way to reach out to them, wasn't he? Speaking of which, now that he knew he had her attention, she was going to listen- he muted any replies on his end...at least until he finished speaking.

Damn, he was so 'sly'. Just like a fox. In the truck, Rufus grinned, and took his hands off the steering wheel to crack his knuckles. He was enjoying this.

"Anyway, S.K., I thought you should know that- obviously- your Commlink isn't as secure as you might think. Here's a TIP: ENCRYPT your traffic!"
God, this felt good again. Just like the old days. Well, the old, old days. When things were good...before that... other... stuff happened.

Speaking of which...

"My name is 'Sidney'- 'Sid' to my friends. You can call me Sidney"
he stressed. "You are lucky, S.K, and let me tell you why: I'm one of the few hackers out there that believes in Full Disclosure (It's a link) when applicable, so I'm going to let you know that your security is full of holes"

By now, Rufus was answering the Exchange that would be dropping off the truck. He highlighted the Exchange's chatbox for her. "See this? You should be talking in this chatbox" he notes, and, having made the turn, grinned...like a fox?...No, maybe a wolf... and took his hands off his the steering wheel to crack his knuckles again.

"You see, when you run weak security, you don't just compromise yourself. You comprimise your whole team. I can now acce...huh?!"


The steering wheel, without his hands on it turned to the right...and his truck pulled up onto the curb. Coming to a complete stop.

Rufus's grin was gone. So was the arrogant tone to his voice to Alexia. Thankfully. In fact, if anything, it sounded worried. Even scared?

"'ow the HELL did you..." he growled, and boxes flashed up and closed quickly on Alexia's Commlink as he searched through it.
..magic? Damn it, Rufus, you were being stupid again. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! Isn't that why you picked that damn name in the first place? Stupid, Impulsive and... god no, anything but that...

Alexia's Commlink forgotten, he went to try to get out of the truck when finally he had gotten what he wanted. Acknowledgment on the Exchange chat program. Was it 'Hey, thanks buddy' for saving the truck in the first place? Was it "We'll order you a drink at Dante's while you do the grunt work?"

No. No, it wasn't. It had the audacity to ask him who he was. Whoever it was didn't even introduce himself/herself/itself first! It demanded he, Rufus, the savior, introduce himself first- and then, THEN! had the arrogance to plead being shot at by the Thor while he was the LAST ONE to leave the blast radius!

If Rufus was more cool headed, he may have realized it was this sort of behavior that he was exibiting to poor Alexia, and he may later...but not now. He had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar, they had somehow flipped the tables on him. Where Rufus thought he had control...they apparently had it.

And. He. Didn't. Like. That.

"Heavy weight?! HEAVY WEIGHT?! Where the HELL were you when that 'astromical velocity' dropped on you? Out of the blast radius, THAT's WHERE! Where was I? Oh, let me see- I WAS IN THIS PIECE OF CRAP TIN CAN RATTLING AROUND!

So before you start up with a sob story, let me remind YOU that while you were safe and sound, I was nearly vaporized along with this truck into ash and dust particles!

So, before you go about making demands, you can meet mine first:

1) You'll release this damned truck and let me go on my merry way to DROP IT OFF LIKE I SAID IN THE CHAT
2) Tell me who the HELL you are
3) Kiss my frakking arse for saving your hides

And then we'll see about what I can do fo you. Sound fair?"



Last edited by SidneyL on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 am

With focused single-mindedness like that of a junkie scrounging for his next fix, Spawn brought two containers from the cooler; one lemonade and one water. He held them up where Darkon could see from the rearview and asked, "What's your pleasure, mate?"

Tossing the mage's choice to him, Spawn popped open his own drink and chugged down the contents in one long, exquisite draught. He let his head fall back on the seat and sat motionless, feeling the cool liquid suffuse his droughted body. Abruptly, a loud belch erupted from him and he grinned in spite of himself.

Then his gaze again fell on Andrealphus' still unconscious form and the grin faded. Though he had assured Darkon and the others that Andre would be all right, he was not as sure as he'd claimed. The black mage had been out far too long. What little Spawn knew about magic and mages told him that sustaining so many spirits during their earlier battle had to have drained his friend severely. Perhaps, he reluctantly thought, too much for Andre to overcome.

Then, like a, well, like a missile strike out of a clear blue sky, a sudden realization hit him and took his newly regained breath away like a popped balloon -- Rebecca!
Andre's daughter! What would become of her if Andre lost the struggle to survive? Where would she go?

The obvious answer, of course, was that he, her 'foster-uncle' would see to her needs. This thought sent a bolt of fear through him like no other threat he'd ever faced. What did he know about caring for children? Nothing, that's what. What do they eat? What do they wear? What do they do with their time? He had no idea. He couldn't even take from his own childhood memories for guidance - the very idea sent a shudder down the length of his body.
And what kind of life could the girl have living underground with him - seperated and outcast from the rest of the world?

Suddenly aware that he was breathing heavily and sweating, Spawn pushed the girl from his mind. Right now there was nothing to be done. Surely Andre had left Becca in good care before coming on this farce of a job. So Spawn could focus on the tasks at hand and leave his (daughter) niece for later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   

Back to top Go down
 
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» World: The Lesser Keys: One Star In Sight
» 110724 Girls’ Generation to Attend “K-POP All-Star Live in Niigata”
» 110725 SNSD to participate in ‘K-POP All Star Live in Niigata’
» Crimson Star
» 111122 Star Life Theater follows SNSD around in college

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Kesslan's Games-
Jump to: