Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:29 am

Mississippi continues the reunion talk outloud. Over the private chat link, he mentions, "Thanks I might have one. Got some bioware boost I see. I had a friend with one of the first versions of that back in the late 50s. Thin as a rail but she ate more than the troll rigger did." He smiles slightly as he mentions something in the overt conversation. "Mine's armored, but I'd rather have the uprated sensors personally. We'll find a place to park yours and then do the recon with mine. We'll head after dark. It's cliche, but I'd rather have the cover of night. Won't make much difference to anyone with any sort of optics or sensors, but it does help without them, and non-shadowy folk. Where do you want me to pick you up? I'll be by at 11 to pick you up. I need to tie up a few loose ends before then. I'm also going to hit up a few folks, good hackers, see what I can get on the other locations. I doubt anything, but it's worth checking on, and maybe it will make our three card monte dealer look towards his other properties. When I pick you up, it'll be in a charcoal grey truck with a Federated Boeing logo."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 am

Finally, at some point, Victor slipped out from behind the Bar. Darkon had followed him quietly to the employees toilet. Not the nicest ambient for a Schäferstündchen. At least they keep it clean. Victor did turn his head. He didn't seem very surprised. "You're one of the impatient kind, huh? Let me at least finish." He asked.

Darkon smired at that. "Usually I am not that impatient. But there are matters pressuring me to hurry." Indeed, he did not let the minotaur finish his business, but somehow felt that the distraction would be necessary to get into the thick head of his. The shaman wrapped mana around Victors head tightly, then let small strands of it enter his mind. Victor was aware of it, unfortunately. But that could be dealt with.
Darkon rummaged through the barkeepers brain, searching for Spade. And there he was. He saw through Victors minds eyes a completely new side of his old comrade. A writhing, sweating and overall passionate side. [color=darkred]Not that I care who his bedpartners are,noted with a mental shrug. And still, these desires were not his. And when he finally let the spell drop, a faint buzzing ran through his own head.

Victor had been standing frozen as a statue the whole time. "What the drek was that?!" He demanded to know.

Darkon replied: "Nothing you will remember." [color=blue]Again, he called upon the mana, pulling and forming. New strands wrapping around the big figure. They were of a different quality though. Instead of searching, those were sending pulses into Victors aura. All over his body and throughout it.
Within seconds, the minotaurs knees went weak. "You sick bastaaah... what is this?"

But the elf was not finished yet. "Just a little thank you for the information I needed. I really have no qualm with you. And just so you can actually enjoy it..."

Once more, Darkon called up upon his magic. Having worked in Victors mind successfully before, he knew how to worm his way in. And knowing the memories, he just took some of them, brushed off the proverbial dust, and painted himself into them. Along with the surroundings of the employees toilet. All that Victor would remember was having a short but nevertheless intense encounter with that stranger from the bar.
After he was finished, he waved away the residual energy imprinted with his signature


The elf shaman straightened his coat. "It has been a pleasure." He grinned. "Literally." With that he turned around and left a confused but happy Victor in particular and the club alltogether.







Darkon took a cab back to the point a few blocks away from the scrapyard. On the way he got Sha'hGrims call. "I'm on my way home anyway. Tell the kids I'll bring them fresh ice cream for dessert." Chen did somehow manage to get him inside in the record time of 20 minutes and the shaman sat down on one of the worn out bar stools.

"Say, did you know Spade is into minotaurs?" He asked without any judgement in his voice. "I didn't." He shrugged. "I guess that shows just how much I really knew about him." It gave him a pang of grief, mixed with anger. I always look out for my team mates. There has to be some trust. A memory of what Morrigan one told him floated up into his consciousness.

Morrigan wrote:
"You are too trusting. Some day someone will stab you in the back. We know each other for almost ten years now, right? Matter of fact, I still don't trust you."


They had been in Vienna at that time, eight years ago. [color=darkred]Did you trust me in the end? Or was I just the least mistrusted person you knew to pledge Brighid to me? He told Sha'hGrim all he was able to find out.In return, Darkon listened to what she had to say about the recordings.

"Now that's funny. What interest does the government have in such an artifact?" The shaman mused loudly. "Well ok. Given it's a powerful one, a general interest is not that uncommon." Something nagged on the backside of his mind. But he couldn't put a finger on it. Not yet anyway.

Would Sha'hGrim be up for a discussion about it? Or was she still too hurt from her injuries?







"We will need to take a look at this warehouse. It's the nearest clue we got." Darkon spoke matter of factly.

He stretched and walked to his bed. "Alas, before we go to there, I need a short nap. Just to find my balance again." The shaman instructed his comlink to set an alarm in one hour and laid down.

Healing stun damage, resting. Body4+Will6=10d (10d6. hits(5)=2)

Darkon Rested, letting his thoughts flow freely. It was not a real sleep. But he was not conscious either. It could be called a lazy mans meditation, as it required a lot less concentration. Drifting in and out, he let his subconscious do the work, putting the extracted memories away, together with the information about the videos. After about twenty minutes, he was snoring soundly.







"Nothing like a good stakeout, huh?" He asked Sha'hGrim. The warehouse was in visible range by now. "I just wish we had a decker with us. The matrix isn't my world." He crouched behind a trash container. "Wait, what's that?" He looked through his binocular. "There's someone at the other end."

Darkon took a closer look. First in this world, then on the energetic one.

Perception roll to get details about the other team. First mundane sight, second Astral. (7d6. hits(5)=4, 7d6. hits(5)=2) (4 hits on mundane sight, 2 on astral)



_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 298
Age : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:35 am

Scarlet chuckles at something that was said out lout by Mississippi but then returns to the private chat. "Yeah I have to eat more than normal. At least it helps me keep my girlish figure." She added with a coy look witch changed back to normal quickly.

"Your vehicle is fine. You can pick me up here." She sent him coordinates to a location. It was a nondescript parking lot where cars would be left if the owner was away for some time. It had some simple protections set up and the lot owner had paid off the local gangs to keep clear. It was safe most of the time.

She listened to his plan. "11 sounds good. I'll have my go bag ready to go. How well do you want to blend in. I was thinking of wearing my armored jacket. It's a bit obvious but in the outskirts of the city it's not so bad. I'll see what I can dig up on the other two also. I doubt it'll be much but it wont hurt."

When the biscotti came she smile and thanked the server as she took one. With a semblance of grace she took a bit of the crumbly treat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:05 am

"Thanks!" he says to the waiter, and takes one of the desert treats. "Mmm, that is good."

Subvocally, he continues. "And what a girlish figure it is. But anyway, as for how to come prepared: bring the jacket, but don't wear it unless we're getting out. I'm bringing my ballistic mask, but unless it's about to get ugly, or we're going in, I'm not wearing it. I'll be wearing some generic delivery overalls, and on approach that's what the truck will look like to, like I'm courier and I brought my girlfriend with me on a delivery before we go out on a date. I'm bringing my Ares Protector, though I'll have my Walther on me, and shotgun and Predator in the truck, just in case. Make sure to bring a nice change of clothes, in case we need to change our look before exfiltrating."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 298
Age : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 am

Scarlet gave him a quick wink at the compliment. "Sounds good. I'll wear my greatcoat there for now. It'll allow me to conceal a few things underneath." She indicated with a slight nod to what she had worn in and laid over the empty chair that was beside her. "I'll bring whatever B&E gear I think we'll need along with a few weapons. A nonlethal, Predator, Steyr TMP with a SMG in the bag. I doubt we will need for me to bring the Area Alpha so I'll leave that back."

She took the last bite of the biscotti that she was eating and then wiped her mouth with a napkin. "Yes that was good. I'm glad I decided to get it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 pm

"Sounds great. I'm going to go and make some calls. I'll see you at 11 sharp. Oh, I suggest losing those flowers from earlier. They are probably bugged, or at least tagged all to hell and back."

"I'm afraid I really must be getting back to the office. It was really good catching up with you, and I'm sure the reunion will be a hit with the plans we've laid out. Thank you so much, and happy birthday again!" He rises and smiles, extending a hand to her.

After leaving, he drives out of the area, drives into a parking garage he knows to have spotty camera coverage, and drives out with a two tone black and red truck with tinted windows. He never actually stops more than a minute, and watches his sensors as he changes. Once out he thinks back on what brought him to this point.

Some folks lead a charmed life. Some folks lead an interesting life. Those people are the ones who we at one point envy, and at another pity. What goes up can come down, and usually does, and so it goes with fortunes. Mississippi was born James Garret Cowen in Mobile Alabama. He goblinized at the tender age of 11. Some folks reacted badly to it. He learned that in goblinizing he had gained strength and stamina, which he put to good use. He learned quickly that it often did not take beating someone up, but making them believe that he would. This revelation continues to color his reactions to the world even today. Predictably he got involved in corporate security. He worked for a smalltime corp in Mississippi when it was bought out by Fuchi Electronics. During his transition to Fuchi, he met Bubba Hansen, who called himself "the Duke" after his idol and favorite actor: John Wayne. He called Cowen "Mississippi" because he favored the shotgun and thrown weapons and because the company he had been absorbed from was based in Mississippi.
His fortunes at Fuchi rose quickly. He learned quickly, and had an innate grasp of tactics and the psychology of security that made him popular among middle management. he was soon a well placed security analyst and advisor. This meant he got involved in some of the corp.’s less savory aspects of business. He was a company man through and through, however, and while his tactics may have been underhanded, he always operated for the good of the company. He used deniable assets to fulfill tricky and legally dangerous missions, and sent his share of runners to their deaths, though this was usually more from bad Intel than bad intent. He hated ruining a perfectly good operative, and always made sure they received good care when they survived. He found it was worth funneling a bit of funds into the accounts of a few local hospitals to make sure valuable assets stayed loyal.
It was this act of prudence and care of his assets that got him in trouble. At first no one complained, because he almost always got his assignments in, and almost always under budget. His rise within the corporation irked some, and they began digging. An elaborate scheme ensued, and he was framed. He beat the frame, but the taint was there. Soon he found himself being passed over for jobs and promotions, and troubled. The final impetus to leave had been a call that he received. This is the log of that call. Cowen does not have this log, nor the one that follows it, though he remembers both perfectly.
Quote :
>Cowen: "Hello? This is Cowen."
>>Mysterious Man: "Good morning Mister Cowen. I hear your considering a vacation soon."
>Cowen [confused, because he had just taken his year's worth of leave a week before]: "You would be mistaken. If this is a sales call, then I have no time. Good day."
>>MM: "Don't be so hasty Mr. Cowen; after all while you have risen above the current scandal, we both know it is only a matter of time before you are targeted again. Perhaps even by someone who is less of an amateur than the last buffoons who tried."
>Cowen [perturbed by the tone the call had taken, and impatient with the veiled threat]: "If you have a point I suggest you make it. While I am sure I won't be able to trace this call now, I do have some excellent forensic specialists who can make sure I find out who this is, so don't get too cocky."
>>MM [chuckles at the intimidation]:"Oh we know Mister Hanson is good, perhaps even good enough to trace this call, but you misunderstand me. I don't want you out of the way to see you fall. In fact I want to see you reach your full potential. However our current political environment is less than friendly to one such as yourself. "
>Cowen [taken aback by the intimate knowledge the caller has]: "I'm listening."
>>MM: "You will find the accounts used to pay your assets has some discretionary funds in it. It is an accounting error to be sure. If the fund is found to have money in it tomorrow, it will be emptied with no special notice. If it is found empty, then no special notice will be paid. Use these funds to set up a vacation home. When I have need of you, I will find you. Mr. Hansen has been made a similar offer, and has wisely taken advantage of this generous offer. The offer expires in 12 hours. If the fund is found empty, then you will be taking some unpaid personal leave, for a period of five years, to go and find yourself. During this time of soul searching, you will make yourself scarce around the Fuchi offices. In fact, if you enter them, you will find yourself on the most wanted list at every security station, as well as having an arrest warrant issued with Lone Star. When you are contacted from your old asset email you will respond immediately and follow whatever directive you are given. This is the last conversation we will have voice to voice until such time as you are reactivated. Until then, enjoy your vacation."

[With that the call ended. Upon checking the account in question he found himself pondering his future when "the Duke" called him.]

Quote :
>Cowen: "Hello, Cowen here."
>>Hansen: "Cowen my ass boy, you'll always be Mississippi to me! Hah hah hah! How are you holding up you rascal?!"
>Cowen [brightening at the banter of his friend]: "I'm doing fine, though I am considering another vacation. I hear you got the same vacation package offer."
>>Hansen [his tone sobers quickly]: "I was wondering if you had received that call too. Yeah, I got the offer, and figured it was too good to pass up. Seems I made a few enemies helping clear your sorry ass. Not that I mind 'A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do' as the Duke says. But I can't pass on this kind of opportunity. Besides, it lets me work on my trid movie: 'John Wayne Cybercowboy!' But seriously boy, take it and go on that vacation. Its gonna be better than being around here from what I understand. Something big is rumbling, and I don't want to be in its way when it comes through."
>Cowen: "Alright Bubba, you convinced me, you convinced me!" [he laughs, though they both know there is little to be mirthful about. Both are dedicated company men, and both are being evacuated ahead of some purge, and neither understands what is going on beyond that] "I'll give you a call when I get back from Miami."
>>Hansen: "You do that Mississippi, but call me either at the workshop, or find me down at the camera shop. I'm gonna be shopping for a new camera for the movie!" [James immediately caught the reference to video surveillance on their main homes.]
>Cowen: "will do Bubba. Talk to you in two weeks or so."
Some of the assets he had maintained during his time at Fuchi became valued partners in a variety of shadow runs from then on. Some of his contacts dried up on him not long after though. When he took his vacation, a good number of his former associates, who he had told next to nothing to, turned up dead or in varying degrees of vegetative states. While he at one point had an impressive list of contacts to match any major headhunter or project manager, he has been reduced to a small amount of close friends and contacts, and a new team he has managed to put together. A great fall for one so skilled, but those are the ways of corporate politics in the Sixth World.

The next 8 years were filled with adventure of all kinds. He opposed the Universal Brotherhood, Aztechnology, even Renraku on a few occasions. Several times he worked for the interests of Fuchi or Novatech, but never directly, always as a deniable asset. His team was quite successful. Rabbit the elven Rigger and his partner, Scooter the Troll Rigger kept the team going, while Arawn the psychotic killer cyborg, Del the former military shaman, and even Charly, the young street smart pyrokinetic mage, all helped him make and spend a lot of money.

In the early 2060s he went to work for a subsidiary of Novatech and stayed there for a while. It's also during this time that he starred in several of the John Wayne Cyber Cowboy movies that his friend the Duke 2.0 had been writing and getting funding for. It was probably the first movie ever funded by Shadowrunning. It was also the first movie to use real Shadowrunners as the primary actors. The duke had taken a standard ballistic mask and a special hood and was using these to give the shadowrunners good intel over who had died at what point, as well as objectives and acting prompts. It also was to allow him to later overlay actor's heads over the bodies of the shadowrunners. In this way his highly paid face and voice actors were never exposed to danger, and a lot of runners got paid well to go pretend to kill people. This led into a series of the movies, in which Mississippi starred in most of, in one form or another.

When Novatech began having problems, James took the time to retire. He's been living in some comfort with a home in Everett, and a coffin comped to him in a string of coffin hotels in Redmond, Pullayup, and Bellevue, thanks for an investment he put into the chain early on. Even better it was one of the ones near the office with good access to the facilities and good matrix connections. He's been living like this for several years, but despite not needing a job to make ends meet, he ends up climbing the walls most days. He recently got a Leonization reset to bring him back to a semblance of youthful vigor, and as such has been reinserting himself back in the game.

First he manually copies all of the information from the file the Johnson gave him and hand encodes it into a new file, so as to make sure any tracing protocols in place on the original file do not carry over. He then deletes this original and wipes that sector of his commlink just to be sure. He then makes a copy of the file. A call to The Duke was in order now. If anyone could find out anything on these places that the Johnson's people hadn't, it was the Duke. And if he couldn't, he'd have someone Mississippi could call. If nothing else it would serve as a good distraction for when he went in after the warehouse he was after, and he'd be hedging his bets. Mississippi leaves a message for his best friend. "Hey Duke, it's Mississippi again. I need you to look up some places for me. You won't find much through normal channels, and I'll send you what I do have, but I need to find more info on these two locations. There's a third location in there as well. If you find something on it, I need it priority, but be extra stealthy on that one. I'm doing some recon on it tonight, and I'd rather not set off any flags before I do so." He uploads his copied version of the file the Johnson sent, and gives that to Bubba.

With that done, Mississippi actually heads home and works out a bit, and then catches a nap. Sleep would do him wonders for tonight, sharpening his focus and increasing his awareness. it was one of the tricks he learned late in life. He had at one point always slept very little and relied on stims and soy-caf to keep him going, but 20 years after the start of his career in the shadows, he knew better. At 10 PM he gets up, takes a shower, gears up, and heads out, with his still Black and Red two-tone paint job. Once he got to someplace with little surveillance, he switches to charcoal grey with a federated Boeing logo, much like all of the security trucks he sees every day in Everett. It is like this that he drives to his meet with Scarlet, with a generic delivery outfit over his form fitting body armor and the securetech casings that provide him extra protection. His ballistic mask was in his door, in a velvet bag, hidden but within easy reach. He pulls up to Scarlet's location at 10:58, waiting the two minutes until 11pm sharp.


Last edited by Mikel Amroni on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 298
Age : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 pm

She smiled at the mention of the flowers. "You mean the ones I left on the table at the meet. Already took care of that."

With the meet over the two parted ways ever keeping up with the charade they started.

She put her greatcloak on and was out the door quick enough to see the truck that was in front of hers pull away.

She move to her Rover quickly. Once inside she set the autopilot to her home. On the way there she went over the file again. Unknown to her, like Mississippi, she began copying the file to a separate file to remove any chance of a trace that might be hidden in the original file.

When she arrived home she headed for her workshop. It was where she kept most of her gear. She grabbed her go bag and opened it. Inside was compartmentalized and held just about everything she would need for a job. B&E tools, weapons, spare clips for weapons, space for clothes. When she had what she needed she zipped it up and set it by the door to the garage.

She still had hours till the meet so she spent the time relaxing till later in the evening. It was the sitting and waiting that she didn't like. It wasn't that she was restless it was the unknown that they would be walking into. To many variables to consider. It was always better when the run started.

She woke up when her alarm sounded at 9:30pm. It didn't take long to get ready and when she looked in the full length mirror she gave herself an accepting nod. She wore a grey long sleeved Maria Mercurial shirt with black cargo pants. They were very similar to pants that someone on a SWAT team might wear. It was somewhat stylish and very practical for her line of work. The many pockets would allow her to carry things in them. Together they hid the armor she wore underneath. She put on her shoulder holster that carried her Predator IV. The custom holster for the Styer TMP went on her right hip. It was something she only wore when she was wearing a longcoat over. She reached up and pulled her hair back and began to braid it. The last thing she needs was for it to be flying in her face when it hit the fan.

She left her room and moved to the door that lead to the garage. She put on her greatcoat and patted the outer pocket. She was greated by the small bulk of her stun weapon. It was fairly quiet and when there was no need to kill someone it worked wonderfully.

She tossed her bag onto the passenger seat. It sat atop her armored jacket that was already there waiting. Moments later she was pulling away from the house as she activated the high tech security system that the place came with. It also sported some upgrades that she added personally. She looked at the chrono in the SUV it said 10:14pm. Knowing she needed to be on time she hit the gas as the supercharged engine made the vehicle lurch forward.

Traffic wasn't bad and she made good time to the meet with Mississippi. It was almost 11 when she pulled into the lot. She spotted his vehicle quickly and pulled up on his passenger side. No more than 30 seconds passed and she was out of her Rover and into his with her gear. "Sorry I was almost late I needed to grab a cafe and something to eat. Let's go.". She placed the drink in her cup holder and looked at the inside of the vehicle. "Nice. Looks like its the same year as mine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm

His active ID was that of Michael Polestack, UCAS citizen and professional courier. Of course his real commlink was operating in hidden mode. The vehicle seemed to be registered to Mr. Polestack as well. A simple spoofing trick, but still usful. "You're fine on the time. I'm always just a bit early. Habit from days long past. Yeah, they really did it right with the 2068 Rover. Alright. We'll be going brown for our initial cover, as in package delivery brown. You know, since we're a secure courier service with a package for our client." He pats the Ares protector sitting beside him. "Of course we don't want it to go that way," he says switching to subvocal, "but better to be prepared. Subscribe to my PAN so we can keep each other in the loop. You should have a subscription request pending, with the encryption key. Good, now then, tap the AR interface for the radio and choose preset 3047 to bring up the sensor displays. Keep an eye on the passive ones while we drive in case we pick up any followers. I'm going to be looking at some maps, seeing what we can do about our approach. Man I need to get a few drones. Just some of those micro drones for surveillance. Alright, here we go." He sets the chameleon coat to brown with a nondescript package delivery logo. sends a command to his truck, giving the drone pilot a command to drive to a location 3 blocks from their destination, avoiding conflicts reported on Gridlink, and evading the worst areas.

And so it is that they arrive at their location a bit before 1:30. A few 'missed' turns allow them to properly get a feel for their surroundings, and as such they have a good idea of the escape routes when they pull up a mere block from the location at 2 am, opposite another team. "Drek, company. See what you can get on the sensors from them. If you can get a good capture on their faces, let me know, I've got Lipreader installed. Unless you want to go a bit more old school and get some close range recon? Your choice." Of course they were both still fully in the cover mode of a courier service, so they weren't blown or anything. Outloud he says, "This can't be right. Our destination is supposed to be office facility. When will these idiot dispatchers get some real information for us for once." Lip readers were always a possibility, as were eavesdropping spirits. Hence why all communications of note were subvocal and behind some of the best firewalls he could buy. He acts like he is scanning his orders, but in truth he begins looking for nearby networks. If they were hired security, then they'd be running open but high end networks. While he's at it, he also looks at their target as well. If they are runners or hired killers watching for people coming by, they'd be hiding their best networks.

Turn 1: to find the PANs of the other team: To find the node, make a Electronic Warfare + Scan (4) Test.
7 Successes.
All other rolls: To execute general search for Hidden nodes, the test is an Electronic Warfare + Scan (15+, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test, rather than a Complex Action.
Turn 2: 4 Successes, Turn 3: 5 Successes, Turn 4: 7 Successes (15 reached, last roll not needed)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 298
Age : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Her incoming message indicator was flashing in AR. Like Mississippi said there was a request for his PAN. With an AR glove she hit the accept icon. Like wise she did the same with him and sent her request on to him. She adjusted her glasses as they left the lot doing what was as asked and kept an eye out for any tails and despite continuous checking she spotted no one taking a interest in their courier vehicle.

At the mention of others in the area she looked closed her AR display in an effort to see out the windshield better. She brought up the sensors to see if she could get a facial scan on the two. She smiled when he kept up with the rouse they had came up with. "You mean we came all this way for nothing." She said with a hint of pout. "You said this wouldn't take long and that we were going to go to a club tonight. It's now 2am and I'm getting tired. You're going to own me big."

Sub-vocally she added. "If we do get out you don't happen to be running any tacsofts would you? That would at lease allow us to see what the other is seeing. if we need to split up."

Doing what she could with the sensors she also let her own eyes and equipment do their thing. Over the years she's developed a knack for seeing things others may miss.


OOC:
Roll for perception. int 5 + skill 4+ Attention coprocessor 3 + Vision enhancement 3 =15
15d6.hits(5)=5

Not sure what the cars sensors are or what I will need to roll.
No books on me ATM.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 am

Sha'hGrim grinned at Darkon's return message. It was good to know that he still had some good humor in him, despite that she might have touched a nerve with talking about "the kids" at the moment. He was always a team player though, and she had hoped that it wouldn't get in the way of their communications.

Darkon wrote:
"Say, did you know Spade is into minotaurs?" He asked without any judgement in his voice. "I didn't." He shrugged. "I guess that shows just how much I really knew about him."
"No. I didn't..." Sha'hGrim responded, musing on the thought.
"I guess you're right. We really didn't know him that well at all." She said, as the statement sunk in a little more. - He could be including me in that statement... Despite that, at this point, I have over-demonstrated my trustworthiness. Or maybe he could be pointing out that I trust him too much. She considered.
"He could be. He could also be making a general statement." The Spirit playfully reminded Sha'hGrim not to over-think his comment.
"So, are you trying to tell me that you're in to Minotaur's too?" Sha'hGrim playfully responded. The Spirit was right. She very well could be over-thinking his comment. It probably wasn't personal in this case, and she didn't have any reason to distrust Darkon at this point. She'd had him in her home, and he very well could have done some serious damage to her after the battle with the super-Adept they had encountered. He'd earned a trusted spot at her back, for now.

Darkon wrote:
"Now that's funny. What interest does the government have in such an artifact?" The shaman mused loudly. "Well ok. Given it's a powerful one, a general interest is not that uncommon."
"The real question for me is whether they were actually the client which hired us in the first place. I mean, this video was taken 2 years after the run. It could be that they hadn't just acquired it in the video - it could be that they had it all along, and it took them 2 years to put together a team willing to mess around with it.
"And then there's the question of what it does. And the questions that go along with that, like: "Should we have delivered it?" and "What if it should have been destroyed?" and "Maybe we really need it now?" and I could go on, but you know where I am going. The dark cave looms under the question of "What does it do?" and we need to know, for sure, that we want to head down that cave."
She said slowly. It was perhaps the most loaded subject available to them at the moment - even more so than the question of where Darkon's girls were, since the question of "what does it do" may very well be the reason Darkon's kids were missing at the moment. And may be the reason Spade sold out, and came after the group.
"Hell, maybe our auras are tied to the thing. Or maybe one of us has more information buried in our black-holes of a memory." She thought, purposely including the Spirit in her thought process. The Spirit was incredibly intelligent, and Sha'hGrim didn't mind it's willingness to input it's own opinions and thoughts. This time, though, it chose to keep silent.

Darkon wrote:
"We will need to take a look at this warehouse. It's the nearest clue we got." Darkon spoke matter of factly.
"Agreed. I'm mostly healed up at this point. Still a bit of lingering soreness, but it should be gone in another day. I'm good to go." She said, letting Darkon know that, other than the bumps and bruises left over from the fighting, Sha'hGrim was otherwise in peak fighting shape. Her worst damage had been Drain, and it had been significant. But fortunately, the worst hit she had taken from Drain had been stun, and that had faded quickly once she had some rest time. Now she had just the smallest of a remaining headache from the physical drain she had taken during the first fight. Those Ball-Lightnings had been major life-savers, as far as she could tell. But they had hurt too.

Darkon wrote:
He stretched and walked to his bed. "Alas, before we go to there, I need a short nap. Just to find my balance again." The shaman instructed his comlink to set an alarm in one hour and laid down.
"Fine with me. The more rest I get, the better I'll be feeling." She responded, retiring in turn to her own cot. She'd been mostly inactive all day, and was feeling much better after some good sleep and a day of rest.


Darkon wrote:
"Nothing like a good stakeout, huh?" He asked Sha'hGrim. The warehouse was in visible range by now. "I just wish we had a decker with us. The matrix isn't my world." He crouched behind a trash container. "Wait, what's that?" He looked through his binocular. "There's someone at the other end."
OOC: There are some details missing in the IC thread - I assume some of this was planned/resolved via PM? Can I get a bit more of the info before I respond to this? Like - how much time did we spend sleeping (Sha'hGrim will be fully healed if we slept another full night), what time of day is it, what car/truck are we in, do we have Chasky or Jenny with us, did we think to bring one of the other critters in Sha'hGrim's arsenal with us (the Bandit or Ferret are both GREAT for stakeouts, as are the owls), and what are we wearing - did we come in street clothes or battle gear?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 am

Sha'hGrim spent the morning relaxing. She played with Jenny and Chasky. Jenny was healing nicely. All of her dangerous outer wounds had been quite efficiently healed by the Nurse Spirit Darkon had brought in to assist. And the bumps and bruises that the Spirit hadn't had a chance to get to were fading as well, leaving Jenny only slightly less spry and energized than Chasky. They didn't need to be fed today, since she'd fed them both a day early (though clearly earned!) yesterday, so today would be a day of rest for them as well. Well, rest and play. Obviously there would be play.
While Sha'hGrim was tending the rest of her small team of animals, Jenny and Chasky spent some time stretching their legs in the sunlight, soaking in the rays as Cats wont to do. She was back in the basement by the time Darkon started to stir around mid-afternoon. She made small-talk with him while they enjoyed a meal of soy-dispenser garbage. Sha'hGrim smiled with wry amusement as she realized that her animals were all quite significantly better fed than she was at the moment, and that would likely continue to be true for the duration of their stay at the safe house. Sha'hGrim wished longingly for the former-comforts of her home. She knew that the insurance would take care of all the clean-up and remodeling without any need for input from her. And she would return home, whenever that happened, to a nearly new house, and an insurance adjustment claim form to file with her whereabouts at the time of the "accident" and some bogus reason that the insurance company had come up with to explain the explosion. Surely they wouldn't be permitted to reveal the truth.

When it came time to leave, Sha'hGrim reviewed her clothing options. Sha'hGrim held up her Form Fitting Full Body Armor and reviewed it for damage. It had come through the fights of the previous day with surprisingly little damage, fortunately. Wondering if she wanted to go with the full or half body armor, Sha'hGrim set the FFFBA aside for the moment and reviewed the rest of her equipment. The Secure Long Coat still showed significant signs of the battle the previous day. She didn't doubt the armor had held it's integrity, but it would be obvious to even a casual observer that the coat was the victim of a major explosion, or more than one, and recently. She would need to bring it to an armorer and pay a few nuyen for a patch-job before she started using it again. - I wonder why I didn't ask Chen..." She mused as she set the Secure Long Coat aside and reviewed her other options.
Shaking her head, Sha'hGrim realized that she didn't actually have a fully functioning street-appropriate "Battle Armor" setup at the moment. She shrugged her shoulders, pulling out the next best thing.
"Sorry D. I'm going to have to wear my street clothes." She said somewhat ironically. She pulled out her Form Fitting Half Body Suit, laying it down and starting to form a small pile. Next she pulled out her armored "Street Clothes" outfit, the Vashon Island Steampunk Line, and piled those on top of the half-body suit. It would look funny with the coat open, since the body-suit would be quite obvious underneath the skirt and blouse. But with the overcoat closed, it would just look like black tights. Sha'hGrim figured she would just have to keep the coat closed most of the time. Once she had her clothing piled up, she flipped the pile over so that she could access it from the top, and then went to take a shower. She came out dressed and ready to go.
"Ok, I think maybe we should take the bird and the bandit. And Chasky, of course." She suggested to Darkon, assuming that some extra eyes would be quite helpful.

After Dark, Sha'hGrim takes a few moments to summon Spirits to aid them in their recon.

Summoning Tests:
Plan Spirit Force 7 with Confusion, Movement, and Noxious Breath as the available optional powers
Summoning Test - 6 Hits
Spirit Resist Test - 3 hits, 3 total services, 6 stun to resist
Drain Resist (6) - 6 hits, no drain
- For 1 service, the Plant Spirit possesses Chasky (2 services remaining).
Watcher Spirit 1
Summoning Test - 2 hits
Spirit Resist Test - 1 hit, 1 service, 2 stun
Drain Resist (2) - 3 hits, no drain
Sha'hGrim will keep the spirit available, but 1 service is insufficient to be useful as a possession spirit.
Watcher Spirit 2
Summoning Test - 1 hits
Spirit Resist Test - 1 hit, 0 services, 2 stun
Drain Resist (2) - 6 hits, no drain
Watcher Spirit 2 - Retry
Summoning Test - 3 hits
Spirit Resist Test - 0 hits, 3 services, 2 stun
Drain Resist (2) - 2 hits, no drain
- For 1 service, the Watcher possesses the Barn Owl (2 services remaining).
Watcher Spirit 3
Summoning Test - 2 hits
Spirit Resist Test - 0 hits, 2 services, 2 stun OOC: It critically glitched it's resist - do I get an extra service for that?
Drain Resist (2) - 7 hits, no drain
- For 1 service, the Watcher possesses the Bandit (1 service remaining).

In Summoning summation:
1 Force 7 Plant Spirit, 3 services total, used 1 for Possessing Chasky, 2 services remaining
3 Watchers:
Watcher 1, 1 service total, as yet unused
Watcher 2, 3 services total, used 1 for Possessing the Barn Owl, 2 services remaining
Watcher 3, 2 services total, used 1 for Possessing the Bandit, 1 service remaining

Sha'hGrim sat back in the chair and took a few deep breaths. Summoning was always potentially taxing, as was spellcasting. But she seemed to have managed without any residual effects. This time.
"Ok, I'm all set with the Spirits." She said, smiling to Darkon.
"Where do you want them?" She asked, her chipper mood was hopefully infectious. She felt good, rested, and comfortable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 am

To each group at this point there was absolutely no doubt in your minds that the other pair you had spotted were also runners, or at least here on some sort of clandestine mission and given that you'd both been casing out the same joint it was pretty clear you'd both just happened to decide to check it out at the same time. Such occurrences were rare, but hardly unheard of in the shadows and every team handled such things differently. Some groups found a common ground to work together and make for an extra easy payday for both, other times the exact goals were too competitive with both groups being after the exact same thing (Such as a one of prototype) and a bloody three way (or more) war would break out. Other times one of the other groups would decide it was too risky and simply pull out rather than face down what ever corpsec was there along with enemy runners. In this particular instance however Scarlet could easily tell that some of the animals accompanying one of the individuals were very clearly possessed by spirits meaning of the other pair at least one was some sort of mage or shaman. In turn Darkon could tell both the other opposing runners were clearly tech oriented.

The only question remained in each other's mind was... just who were the other two and what were their own goals?

Darkon and Sha'hgrim had come here looking for information on Spade, where as Scarlet and Mississippi were here simply to establish what this place was and if it was the actual location their employer had been interested in finding out about. It could be, they could reason, that the other two they spotted were out looking for the missing team. Runners often had friends and sometimes those friends went looking for missing friends. Or of course it could simply be that some one gave two different groups the same job.

It didn't take Mississippi long to find comlinks on either of the pair he could see, they both seemed to have low grade comlinks that were publicly open and broadcasting. It was perhaps questionable if those were their real comlinks or not but time alone would tell (You won't know for sure for another few rounds)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Sha'hGrim wasn't surprised. Of course there would be other 'runners there. The only real question, once she could tell that the other runners were not immediately hostile, was whether or not her goals, Darkon's goals, and the other team's goals could be completed without competition.
"I'm not sure what you meta's say when this happens, but I've got intuition about this: You should go speak with them." Sha'hGrim was now shocked. Perhaps the appearance of the other 'runners was no surprise at all. But her Spirit immediately speaking up, and explicitly instructing her to introduce herself was astonishing. It was so far beyond what she would have expected from it... - Of course, it's a whole hell of a lot more intelligent than I am... She rationalized. Though the thought was nothing more than a stalling-thought while her reeling mind recovered from what was mentally no less astonishing than had the Spirit taken over control of her body, despite her Channeling.
"Umm... My Spirit thinks we should go over there and say hi." Sha'hGrim said to Darkon, not even trying to hide her absolute sense of surprise. This had been more effective than a sneak attack by a sniper. Well, perhaps not. But Sha'hGrim sincerely hoped never to find out.
She opened the car door, allowing the Bandit and Owl to get out first, since they were small enough that her body didn't provide a physical deterrent. She then climbed out, allowing the owl to settle on her left shoulder, while the Bandit curled it's fluffy raccoon tail about her neck, and settled itself on her right shoulder. Sha'hGrim then turned and allowed Chasky to climb out of the car behind her, walking forward a few steps slowly to give Darkon a moment to catch up. No doubt he was every bit as shocked as she was. But the Spirit had been right so far; and while shocking, she couldn't see any direct reason not to follow it's direction. She continued forward once Darkon had joined her, setting a slow and deliberate pace. She had nothing in particular to hide, at the moment. And she trusted the Spirit, literally, with her life.

"Shanette. Sha for short." She said, noncommittally as the other two got out of the car. Eventually she and Darkon would know whether or not to share their "official" street names. But for now, "Sha" was as good a nickname as any. She waited for Darkon to choose and give his name, and the same for the two she was just now meeting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Mississippi couldn't believe his eyes. "What the hell?" he says outloud. "Umm, Scarlet, we've got visitors incoming," he sent subvocally. "Either they are the cockiest pair ever to walk, or they are major bad asses. How you want to play this? I mean they obviously want a meet and greet. We'll use Michael and whatever you want for now. Damn if that aint a menagerie. I'm setting my car on guard duty ready to light them up if they get stupid." With that he sends a few commands to the car's drone pilot giving it instructions to lay waste to everything that wasn't he or Scarlet if the codeword of "Roll Out Rover" is given.

As armored as he could be, Mississippi gets out with his briefcase in hand. "Michael. Nice animal friends."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 298
Age : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Scarlet watched as the two exited from the vehicle. She listened as Mississippi spoke out in surprise. She looked them over carefully. Spotting the animals wasn't difficult. She looked sidelong at Mississippi. "Wonderful, based on experience the animals look possessed. Good possibility one is a Mage or shaman." She said sub-vocally and paused for a second. "Not sure of on your view on mages but when it comes to messing with them I tend to geek them first. If one or both are mages they probably already checked us out astrally."

She made sure her gear was in order. "Lets to say high and make with the pleasantries." following her new work companion she exited the vehicle with hands in sight, weapon less. Though her training allowed for swift hands to get a weapon out quickly. The one with the animals was first to offer a name followed by Mississippi who went with Michael. Scarlet gave a nod. "Mandy. Nice night tonight. I see we're not the only ones out enjoying it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 pm

"Your spirit, eh?" Those usually are trustworthy. And just staring at each other wouldn't bring us anywhere anyway. He decided it was the right course of action. "I agree. Besides, those brave little toasters might be useful." Darkon smirked.


He stepped out of the car and walked alongside Sha. Wearing a long coat, holding his staff. As a change, he let Sha talk first while he observed the other pairs reaction. They seemed to be peaceful enough for the moment. Not that this couldn't change fast. He kept his hands in view, one hand of course holding his staff. But he kept it in a non threatening position.

"Hello there. A wonderful night indeed." His smile was charismatic as always. The accent of his voice sounded vaguely british. "You can call me Dominic. Seems you're as lost as we are. Do you happen to own a street map? We could see if our goal is the same."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 298
Age : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Scarlet returned the big smile from the elf with one of her own. A feeling in her gut wrenched at her. Her own polished charisma taking over along with her 'ware enhanced pheromones. She reached up and tucked a few loose strands of hair behind her right ear. It never seemed to fail that at least a few managed to find a way free.

"Lost? I would find it hard to believe that anyone here would believe that the other is lost at this hour in the morning. Though it might be a rare coincidence that we're both here at the same address. Never the less we're both here for some reason, different reasons I'm sure.". She paused for a moment. "However with that said it might just be beneficial for all that we all showed up here at the same time."

She looked the two over "It's pretty obvious that one of you are a Mage or Shaman of some sort.". She looked at Dom. "Maybe both." She said with a raised eyebrow. "So you both probably already know neither of us are magically inclined. Our skills might be a good compliment to the others. Then again I could be wrong." She said with a slight nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. She laid quite a bit out on the metaphorical table. She hoped that her gut was right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Oh,what a cute toaster. And also a clever one. Darkon thought, looking her over not too obvious. "You have keen powers of observation."

He did not look much like an elf, save for the slightly pointed ears. He had a beard, which was seldom among elfkin. And his figure was, in a positive sense, robust.

"Yes, I am sure we can help each other out." For a moment, he concidered how much he could reveal to them. "I doubt our directives will interfere with each other."

But then again, if we both keep quiet, we won't get anywhere. "We are looking for information about someone. It might be in there." He pointed at the warehouse. "On one hand, we could secure the magical side. On the other hand, if you can help us out with the matrix side, it would be great." He grinned. "Less problems for each of us, right?"

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:25 am

Darkon wrote:
"Your spirit, eh?"
Sha'hGrim shrugged and nodded. There wasn't much more for her to say - she had already admitted her surprise, and it seemed as though their course of action would be either what the Spirit had suggested, or to face off with the others like rival cats in an alleyway. Sha'hGrim wasn't really interested in the latter.

Yogismith wrote:
"Lost? I would find it hard to believe that anyone here would believe that the other is lost at this hour in the morning."
"Huh." Sha'hGrim said, mildly amused and surprised by the response. She hadn't had any real hope of getting that much information so quickly. She didn't follow up her comment with further words though, as the elf girl seemed to be going somewhere with her preamble. And as circuitous the route had been, it seemed like the other two would be willing to talk, at the very least.


Darkon wrote:
"You have keen powers of observation."
"Heh." She said, showing a bit of her amusement.
"Well, I think it's reasonably obvious. And I don't mind admitting that I don't know how to train animals this well." Sha'hGrim said, putting her hand on Chasky's head, and letting it stroke down his neck to between his shoulder blades. She rested her hand there on Chasky's back, almost like someone would rest their hand on a cane, or walking stick. Or a favorite pet. Chasky responded by flicking his ears, though his attention did not shift from the two others in front of Sha'hGrim and Darkon.
"Though, I am a pretty good animal trainer." She said with a somewhat self-congratulatory tone.
Darkon wrote:
"On one hand, we could secure the magical side. On the other hand, if you can help us out with the matrix side, it would be great."
"Don't go offering my services without my approval." Sha'hGrim said, frowning at Darkon. She agreed that there was no reasonable way to hide that she was a magician of some sort. And while there may have been a chance before, she had acted too hastily getting out of the car with her animals in tow. But there was also no reason she needed to blow Darkon's cover.
"We don't know what they want in there yet. What if I don't approve? Maybe they were hired to geek us; and they just don't know it yet. And you can be sure that I don't approve of that... Just because I know they're not immediately hostile doesn't mean that they won't be. I mean, maybe they have a file that they're suppose to open at a specific time, and that file has a picture of you and me, with targets painted over our foreheads. And just to be clear on this: I don't approve of that." Sha'hGrim said, out loud. Her point was reasonable. Or, rather, it was nutty for any normal person, but reasonable for a Shadowrunner. She turned her gaze back on the other two.
"So, out with it. What're you two doing here? If our goals are complimentary, I'm happy to offer my help. But I need to know." Sha'hGrim nodded. This wouldn't be the first shotgun wedding any of them had had. Nor, hopefully, would it be the last. Sha'hGrim had been on more than a few 'runs in her life with partners she had been introduced to by the Johnson. Sometimes it had worked out well. And from time to time she had needed serious Spiritual help to escape with her hide. This situation could turn out either way right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Mississippi nodded at Sha's reasonable request. "We're here on fact finding mission. Specifically the fact of what lies behind door number one." He motions to the warehouse with his eyes. "As long as we come out with what we need, I don't personally see a problem with a temporary team up. Do either of you have subvocal mics? There's been more than enough said outloud. Also, please shut down you fake commlinks. No need blowing any covers." he follows his own advice and the Michael Polestack commlink goes dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 am

"Huh. Ok; give me a second." Sha'hGrim said. She pulled out her "Public 'Link" and flicked it to the off position. Just before inviting the others on to their shared network, though, Sha'hGrim figured she could have just the slightest bit of fun.
"Ok, it's off. Want me to flash my hidden 'link real quick to give you the feed?" Sha'hGrim asked, again out loud.

Once they're all connected:
"Oh, so, if it rolls better, you can call me "Sha" or "Nette". I've worked with plenty of people who think Shanette is just too long for heat-of-the-moment pronunciation. And both nicknames are fine with me." She said, giving the others a somewhat personal feel.
"And a quick joke, just before we get under way: How many corpsec Trolls does it take to shingle a roof?" Sha'hGrim asked, pausing for just a moment. Like a "Knock Knock" joke, the punch-line was the answer. So she only paused long enough for the question to settle in, but didn't wait for any answers.
"Just one. But you've got to slice 'im really thin." She finished, smirking. If they hadn't heard a version of this before, it might actually get them to laugh out loud. Otherwise, Sha'hGrim would be satisfied with an amused smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
avatar

Number of posts : 298
Age : 46
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 am

Scarlet shut down her public link like the others. She kept her facial expression neutral when Sha mentioned plashing her private link for a moment. Thought about the professionalism and reliability of the two ran though her mind. If she had been set up with them from a Johnson the doubts might not have been there. Yet with a chance meeting like this no one knew what they would be paired with.

She listened as they all linked up and Sha gave a name to call herself by. To her surprise the mage started off with a joke. It was an old joke by anyone's standards. The punch line was met with one corner of her mouth turning up along her head shaking at the tired joke. She looked at Mississippi and raised a eyebrow. If only a look was able express what she was thinking. As it was it was probably good that it couldn't.

Not wanting to delay any longer, as four people standing outside of a building at 2am in the morning, she started to get things rolling. "You can call me Scarlet. We can handle the physical side. Matrix shouldn't be too much of a problem." She said through her sub-vocal mic as she shot a look to Mississippi. She remembered that he mentioned that he wasn't a specialist but was able to get by.

Still going with her gut that both were awakened she looked at the staff bearing one. "Has either one of you had the chance to do your thing and check out the building." She knew that if there were any substantial wards in place that the chance of this being the building they were looking for just went up.





Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Darkon heard Sha talk about flashing, and then the joke. A nice method to break the ice. He chimed in: "Hey, you waited until after the third date before you started flashing anything at me." The shaman chuckled. He winked at his friend.

He put his link on hidden mode after connecting it to Micheal and Mandy.

"There hasn't been time yet to take a look at the building. But that can still be done." There was not much use in hiding his own magic ability from the two new recruits. Although he appreciated Sha'hGrims attempt. His raven staff alone usually tipped people off. Or made him look like a poser.

"Somewhere to sit would enhance the comfort for Shas body though, while her mind goes elsewhere."

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 131
Age : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Mississippi shakes his head with a wry smile at Sha's joke and met Scarlet's look with one of forced amusement. He really was glad the Johnson had set him up with a professional like her. It was refreshing. He had run with magical types like these two before. They had heart generally, but discipline could sometimes be a problem.

At Darkon's request, Mississippi turns and walks back to his vehicle. Nothing they could do inside it would be any worse than what they could do outside it. He sends a command to have the drone pilot open the right rear door. "You can sit there Shanette. Sorry, but no animals in the car, no matter how well trained or controlled. Nothing personal against them or you. Once you're done we'll continue on with physical infiltration. I've got my car here to cover our backs and let me know if anything is up. In the interest of not blasting away with my cover name, you can call me Mississippi. Most do. As for long names, you can tell I don't have a problem using Shanette."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm

"Yeah, and I wish I had waited longer!" Sha'hGrim teased back, grinning a bit at the playful ribbing. It was good to see that the mood was not getting any heavier. After all, any break-in was potentially lethal. But it was better when your friends weren't also actively looking to geek you. And Sha'hGrim had been through quite enough of that recently.

"Agreed. Though I am not a full magician, so I can't head in there astrally. Give me just a moment to take a peak here... I can stay standing - or even walk. I'll keep my astral sight on as we approach, just to make sure we don't miss anything - but I'll be switching back to physical if something happens." She said matter-of-fact. She wasn't here to lead any assaults in the Astral. As capable a magician as she may be, she was best in the physical. Her astral attack arsenal was not nearly as impressive as her physical attack arsenal.
Sha'hGrim stayed where she was, turning to face the building. Sha'hGrim then mumbled the words: "Activate the sight." The Astral world springing to life around her.
Assensing: 6 hits
"Ok, I see..." Sha'hGrim mumbled, leaning forward as she took a good look at the warehouse in front of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   

Back to top Go down
 
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» World: The Lesser Keys: One Star In Sight
» 110724 Girls’ Generation to Attend “K-POP All-Star Live in Niigata”
» 110725 SNSD to participate in ‘K-POP All Star Live in Niigata’
» Crimson Star
» 111122 Star Life Theater follows SNSD around in college

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Kesslan's Games-
Jump to: