Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Initiative Order:
Edgar: 24 (3 Passes)
???:24 (0/4 Passes)
Chasky: 22 (2 Passes, 4 services left)
???: 20 (0/5 Passes)
Darkon Air Spirit: 19 (2 Passes, 2 services left)
Alexia: 18 (4 Passes)
Sha'hgrim 16 (4 Passes)
??:15 (0/3 Passes)
Spawn: 10 (3 Passes)
Darkon: 9 (1 Pass)
Andrealphus: (1 Pass)
Andrealphus Air spirit: (2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Water Spirit: (2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Earth Spirit: (2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Spirit of Man: (2 Passes, 1 Service Left)


As Edgar took cover and readied himself to help defend his team mates, there was little mistaking the rather seriously bad turn of events the enemy forces were experiencing. By now several bodies littered the ground inside the warehouse and from Edgar's present viewpoint he could easily see the first vehicle that attempted to flee get hit with a massive ball of lightning that blackened the armour, melted out the windshield and sent sparks of electricity that arced throughout the interior. The driver's jerking actions drove the vehicle to swerve erratically at first before it finally coasted in a half turn with the rear of the vehicle arcing towards the far wall of the warehouse across from him and started coasting to a stop, the engine obviously disabled. The scene was almost repeated by a second vehicle that attempted to flee though it took a slightly smaller ball of lightning to the roof and side, other than a few jerks right at the impact, the driver kept on going.

Meanwhile through the hole that he'd blasted into the wall he could see the forms of Chasky, Alexia and Sha'hgrim. The latter had clearly seen better days, though she was far from out of the fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 31
Age : 35
Location : Oregon
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Without taking the time to respond to the others Edgar sends a quick mental command to his smg. Noticing the icon on his hud switch to burst fire he levels the barrel at the driver trying to get away. Without a second thought, and because of many hours of practice Edgar's breathing slows as he lines up the reticule with his target. As his mind clears of all thoughts he subconsiously focuses only on his target as he squeezes the trigger.


Actions Breakdown:
Switch SMG to Burst-fire: Free
Take Aim: Simple
Burst-fire(Narrow burst) Attack: Simple


Rolls:
Attack: Automatics
(3) + Agility ( 8) + SMG Specialization (2) + Smartgun (2) + Take Aim (1)
= 16 (16d6.hits(5)= 8)

Damage: HK-227x (5)
+ Explosive Rounds (1) + Narrow Burst (2) = 8P (8d6.hits(5)=4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Edgar's fire upon the fleeing vehicle seems entirely ineffectual as he can see the explosive rounds detonating against the heavily armoured vehicle's sides as it passes without seemingly leaving so much as a dent. However the vehicle barely has a chance to get much further before, with a screetching whoosh sound it suddenly explodes into a giant ball of fire. Large chunks of the vehicle along with various body parts fly through the air to start raining down upon the ground.

(Tenaka, Gala and Starcraft please make a perception roll. Gala, make one for Chasky as well please)

For those still on the second floor, they would notice that the holographic representation of Spade finally disappears as the emitter that had been transmitting it finally shuts off.



Chasky, Darkon's airspirit, Alexia and Sha'hgrim are up next. The small orange dot is the trooper engulfed by the water spirit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:50 am

"Trouble!" Chasky sent to Sha'hGrim. He shot over a complex picture, including two glowing humanoids coming towards him, and Sha'hGrim and Alexia from behind. And because Chasky was dual-natured, so were his pictures, and they showed that he couldn't actually see their physical bodies. Chasky didn't need to bother changing direction, as his job was clear: Protect Sha'hGrim. Particularly now, as she was damaged, and couldn't well protect herself. Chasky kept running.

Actions:
Free: Communicate.
Simple: Run
Simple: Held.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 am

Well, well were not alone out here

Actions free: Talk
Actions: Held
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 am

Sylph thought: 'There, now the big gun thing isn't shooting anymore. I've done well. There is still danger for Darkon though. I better go and look after him. Humans are so fragile. I wonder why they have these chalky sticks inside. It keeps them upright, but they break so easily. Better check if his calcium sticks are broken. Could I mend them? Not without calcium. Maybe if I take it from the bad guys? No, better make sure his sticks won't break in the first place. And none of the red stuff running out. What do they need that for anyway? He should not stay here much longer either. The others seem troubled with something. Ah well, fleshies. But at least they are fun. I wonder if Darkon knows any new jokes.'

Sylph 'goes' up into the second floor to check on Darkon, either to protect him from immediate damage or to get him out of there, depending on the situation.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 am

"Ouff!" Sha'hGrim grunts as she stumbled over some debris. - Thank GOD for Alexia! Sha'hGrim thought to herself as Alexia tightened her grip around Sha'hGrim's waist to help compensate for the weight shift. - There really is nothing like a good team... She thought, just as her attention was diverted by the picture sent to her by Chasky.
The picture was disconcerting at first, as Sha'hGrim, like most Metahumans, didn't naturally view both the Astral and the Physical simultaneously. In fact, though she was able, Sha'hGrim almost never viewed them simultaneously, preferring to view one or the other seperately. So, when she first "saw" the vision being sent to her by Chasky, she had to pay more attention to it than she would have preffered. Hence the stumbling.
The "Vision" provided her with just enough information to know that Darkon and Spawn were going to need her and Alexia to guard the door. She could tell that there were two living beings heading out through the hallway behind her and Alexia, planning to either ambush her and the team, or to exit the building behind them (who knows what they would do afterward). Either way, they presented a potential danger to her teammates, and she needed her teammates! Further, Chasky's vision showed Sha'hGrim that they were effectively hidden, either with a spell or with technology, and would therefore require either her or Alexia to combat, as only someone who can see Astral clearly would be effective at locating them. - Ugh... I think I might have to do another Ball Lightning... Sha'hGrim thought to herself with a shudder.
Sha'hGrim could easilly see that Chasky was electing to continue on his way to her, and Sha'hGrim didn't have any alternate thoughts, as he likely knew better than she did what the correct course of action would be. So, rather than trying to communicate with Chasky, Sha'hGrim simply sent him Encouragement, in the form of warm excitement. Chasky would understand.
"Gotta protect the exit for Darkon and Spawn!" Sha'hGrim said, as Alexia and she reached the new Door, custom built just for them. OOC: Kesslan, where is Darkon on the map? Sha'hGrim turned back toward the short hallway behind them, shrugging her coat back up on her shoulders to settle about her comfortably. It had already helped to protect her from the delightful Monofilament Grenade Flak; now she would be relying on it again in the case that these upcoming goons were gunmen.
"Activate The Sight" Sha'hGrim mumbled to herself, saying the code-words which allowed her sight Access to the Astral Plane. Electing, based on Chasky's picture, not to retain her Physical Sight, Sha'hGrim paused for a moment, crouching down just inside the doorway to the Warehouse, as her brain adjusted to the new sights, "sounds", and "smells" that were now filtering in to her perception-centers in her brain instead of the physical world. Sha'hGrim elected to allow physical sounds to continue to filter in to her consciousness, as that was how the team was currently communicating. But she figured it would be better to ignore everything else.
As a final thought, Sha'hGrim figured that while she and Alexia held the door, they should have Spawn exit too. Best to face whatever was waiting for them outside together.
"Spawn/Darkon! Use Edgar's exit now!" She hissed in to her 'link. Whatever was going down would be going down soon; and she knew that she would need their help dealing with these two threats coming down the hall. Having them surrounded will make taking care of them more easilly.

Sha'hGrim Actions:
Free: Speak
Simple: Change her vision from Physical to Astral
Simple: Speak more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

It was but a moment before Chasky finally caught up with Sha'hGrim and Alexia near the exit, as he'd already been most of the way there and in an almost flat out sprint to begin with. The great cat moved right for Sha'hgrim and even spared a brief moment to nuzzle and brush up alongside her before circling around Sha'hgrim's crouched form to face the oncoming pair.

Spawn meanwhile could see the gas still pouring out of the vehicle, and who ever had shot at him from inside could audibly be heard spilling out of a door on the opposite side with a dull thud. Having two doors open now however at least allowed the vehicle's interior to rapidly start clearing thanks to the wind outside that kept a steady breeze passing through the warehouse. With all the other vehicles gone or destroyed, that, as far as Spawn knew, left him alone with the one enemy and the armoured vehicle. The gun mount atop it having by now long since gone silent.

Outside the warehouse the only other remaining enemy vehicle continued to stay at a complete standstill, and showed no outward signs of life, it's turret pointed askew up into the air, the engine off or flat out dead while the ash storm outside continued to pick up and had by now readily layered everyone's vehicles in a fine coating and was clearly set to do the same to the burning wreckage and knocked out military vehicle. Alexia's drones also continued to whirr lowly above the door in presently motionless overwatch. Darkon and Andrealphus were up on the second floor still, but presently at least seemed to be out of danger for the moment. Andrealphus' water spirit however still had a literal stranglehold on the enemy it was still engulfing in a crushing embrace, while the rest of his remaining spirits had soon found themselves without much in the way of surviving opposition.

That left the pair of contacts coming towards the trio of Alexia, Sha'hgrim and Chasky, with Edgar in sight as well from his own vantage point outside the building. The pair quietly passed by the stairs to the second floor and one of them inched up to the doorway to stick the muzzle of his gun around the corner, likely using a smartlink or guncam to check around the doorway before proceeding onward. Most of this however readily visible on the astral, was almost invisible on the phsyical (Anyone using 'normal' or low light vision please roll perception at -4. Those using thermo at -6)

(GM Note: Alexia, as you have held actions, please either state what you wish to do now or let me know if you want to continue to hold them so I can finish the NPC's actions)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:09 pm

There was a moment of silence from the other room, it was suddenly broken by a snap hiss sound and several loud tinking sounds as two objects were tossed into the room, one already hissing out a trail of either smoke or coloured gas. They soon started to roll and bounce around on the ground in more or less the general direction of the hole already blown into the outer wall. Around the same time Jagger could hear some one moving about on the other side of the vehicle he was next to, though it was hard to tell just where exactly they were going. (Please roll a perception test).

From his vantage point, Edgar could just see the faint outline of an individual in some sort of ruthenium coated armour. Based on the distortion he could tell they were also armed, though of course any really solid details were unfortunately impossible to get. Still, it was more than enough to get a solid idea of where both of them were. He also happened to be in place to see the driver side door on the disabled vehicle outside open, only for the driver to slide out and fall flat faced and motionless onto the ground. Like the rest, the being was in ruthenium coated armour, yet much of the surface had been badly scorched leaving the humanoid shape rather easy to see.

Up next:
Alexia (Held actions)
Spawn
Darkon
Andrealphus + Spirits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Verdammt. There had always been one thing I thought was a flaw of mine in this business. I have reaction speeds like the continental drift. I'm sure everyone else is jumping through hoops and having all kind of fun whileI try to get my magical butt into gear. At least the turret guns have stopped.

He looked down through the convenient holes all these busy little bullets have produced while standing up and approaching the stairs. With all that smoke and debris, and the bad guys going romulan cloaking themself, he kept his vision on the astral.

Edit:
Perception roll, to observe the situation int5 + perception=7d (7d6. hits(5)=3)



((I don't know how many actions it would be to look around, standing up and going towards the stairs. If I get any actions left, I'd hold them until an enemy enters my field of vision. Also if I need any roll to move at all, I will edit it in.))


_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:47 am

Though Spawn could not know what type of injuries his teammates had suffered, he was nonetheless angered by their wounds. This on top of the increasing urgency he felt that they had to get out of and as far away from this warehouse as they could, fueled the battle rage that shrouded his emotions like a cloak of ice; narrowing his focus to a fine, needle-like point and sharpening his killer instincts to that of a predatory animal on the hunt.

Using his audio enhancements, he locked on to the sound of his prey's movements on the other side of the vehicle between them and, after only a moment's pause to establish his enemy's direction, launched himself into the air to pounce on his target like a wild thing.

With uncanny agility, Spawn cleared the truck and dropped onto his victim with virtually no warning sound of any kind, catching the goon completely unaware.

Intending to incapacitate, not kill, Spawn delivered a savage kick to the man's stomach; simultaneously knocking the breath from his opponent and doubling him over in pain.
The next blow landed on that vulnerable spot where the spinal column enters the base of the skull. This strike had the satisfying effect of both knocking the man prone and rendering him unconscious.

Audio Test to locate enemy

Jumping Test to leap over vehicle

Stealth Test to Surprise enemy

Kick Attack

(of course subsequent actions are dependent on success of previous rolls, but I got some good rolls so I assumed success. if needed, I will edit)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Alexia Faced the direction from which they came leveled her weapon in front of her and quickly glanced for anyone that wasn't her team that was heading there way before firing a few rounds in their direction

Perception (14d6.hits(5)=3)
Fireing (12d6.hits(5)=5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Alexia's shot lands with a noticeable smack and a grunt from her target who pulls back behind the cover of the doorway but doesn't go down. Meanwhile Jagger's aim is surprisingly true, perhaps out of luck or simply a really good sense of tracking. However as his blow lands he feels almost like he hit a brick wall as the faint visual ripple of his target barely even seems to move and it's hard to say if his blow even so much as staggered the man, but at least he manages to regain his feet gracefully this time. (OOC: Jagger, you are now effectively engaged in blind combat using your present vision mode. There may be some positive modifiers for you due to your motion sense etc however that can help counter the penalties.) Darkon meanwhile manages to pick himself up off the floor and cautiously peer down the stairs before carefully looking around, however he can't seem to pick up anything specific at this time from his vantage point. He can however hear the gunfire downstairs as well as some movement and moments later the detonation of a flashbang and the 'snap pop' of a gas or smoke grenade going off. (The area Alexia and Sha'hgrim are in is now filling with smoke. The flash bang however has no effect on anyone presently in the room or with a view to it as your all either using astral, dual natured and/or have flare compensation. The smoke does have an effect on Edgar's view but not those using astral perception.)

Andrelauphus for his own part is close behind Darkon and moves into position to help cover his team mate while the mages remaining spirits wrap up their presently engaged targets and start to move on to the next. The water spirit releases the enemy it had engulfed and mentally reports to it's master that it has captured one of the enemy alive, though unconscious. Meanwhile, while Spawn would perhaps have found himself in a rather bad spot right about now, that matter resolves itself almost before it even began as the Air, Earth and Man spirit descend upon the one target still in their immediate vicinity with a most lethal effect, for the light blur Spawn could perceive is soon turned into what more or less amounts to red goop and a heady spray of blood and charred flesh (much of which winds up covering Spawn. Jagger please make a composure test) as a trio of attacks slam into the enemy before spawn killing him instantly.

That left just the two engaging Sha'hgrim, Alexia and Edgar, as well as potentially any still alive in the one still intact enemy vehicle outside (The other enemy vehicle, located in the warehouse is now empty and unattended. The other two are flaming wreckage). Which were soon joined by one of Alexia's hovering drones as what ever took out the one fleeing enemy vehicle suddenly strikes one of the two rotor drones dead on with a flash of light and another explosion. Her second drone, presently on automatic bobs a bit before shifting off to one side from the 'disturbance'.

Initiative Order:
Edgar: 24 (1/3 Passes)
???:24 (1/4 Passes)
Chasky: 22 (1/2 Passes, 4 services left)
???: 20 (1/5 Passes)
Darkon Air Spirit: 19 (1/2 Passes, 2 services left)
Alexia: 18 (1/4 Passes)
Sha'hgrim 16 (1/4 Passes)
??:15 (1/3 Passes)
Spawn: 10 (1/3 Passes)
Darkon: 9 (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus: (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus Air spirit: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Water Spirit: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Earth Spirit: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Spirit of Man: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 31
Age : 35
Location : Oregon
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:09 pm

A questioning look crosses Edgar's face as the vehicle he was shooting at explodes. "Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..it seems we've got additional company somewhere outside of the warehouse." Unsure of where the missile that had hit the vehicle originated from Edgar turns away from the warehouse trying to figure out where these other individual or individuals are coming from.


Actions
Speak: Free
Observe in Detail: Simple
Held: Simple


Rolls:
Edit: Sorry about that
Perception: Skill
(6) + Intuition (5) + Reception Enhancer (3) = 14 (14d6.hits(5)=3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 37
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 pm

There he was. Looking down the stairs. He is not hurt, that is good. I couldn't repair him. He looks stressed. Maybe I should help him relax, but not now, maybe later. But what if they hurt him? He wanted me to hide him, so I better hide him. Good idea I hide him, then they can't shoot at him. And then he won't get hurt. But I need to get him out of here too. Maybe I could make him faster. No first I hide him, then I make him faster.

Sylph uses her concealment power on Darkon to hide him.

((I'm sorry, I still don't know how to make the appropriate roll to use a spirits power.))

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
avatar

Number of posts : 225
Age : 29
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 am

Staring straight at the target she just fired at she aimed and then took another shot at it

Standard: Take Aim
Standard: Fire

Fire (13d6.hits(5)=4) Ares Predator IV (once i find my book ill post up the dmg)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:45 am

"I'm ready." Chasky sent to Sha'hGrim, even before she had entirely collected her ideas or prepared her plans. His thought came through as a complex 3-D image. It was the Spirit's image of Chasky, taken from his own mind, superimposed over that of a Beast, prepared to spring forward. It was an unmistakeable image, and any living creature would recognize that pose: that of a predator, preparing for strike. This predator, of course, had 2 visible bodies - Chasky's and the Spirits. It was an uncomfortable way to interact with the world. One which Sha'hGrim was not directly familiar with, though she was used to it due to her regular interaction with Spirits.
She knew what she needed to do: Protect this exit. But she hadn't really had the thought-time needed to formulate the plan for how to use her resources, herself and Alexia included. Not to mention that Darkon and Spawn would be coming in from behind these attackers shortly. - Ahh... A TacSoft would be SO useful right now... Sha'hGrim thought to herself. Then she remembered that Darkon didn't have an Enhanced Reflexes spell on him, and was thus moving much more slowly than she or Alexia. Sha'hGrim mentally cursed the lack of proper planning this excursion had resulted in. Fortunately, a plan was starting to form.
Sha'hGrim reached out, laying her hand on Chasky's flank. Due to her being crouched, she couldn't reach high enough to comfortably reach his back; and certainly not without breaking line-of-sight with the office door in front of her. She was thankful that everyone guarding the entrance currently were capable of Astral Sight; otherwise the Smoke Grenade would be incredibly inconvenient. Even still, it was somewhat inconvenient, as the "physics" of the Astral didn't match those of the physical world. Movement was different. Distances could be skewed by strong emotions, or other magical anomaly. It could be messy trying to coordinate action between the worlds.
Sha'hGrim reached within her once again for her Magical resources. She winced in pain as she had to deal with, yet again, the debilitating limitations on her concentration and focus that the intense headache she had was causing. And based on her bloody nose, Sha'hGrim suspected that she would be dealing with the effects of this headache for a good number of days; rather than the more-desirable "sleep it off" kind. This would take some time to heal.
Once Sha'hGrim had a handle on the ebbs and flows of Mana flowing around -and through- her, she began to direct the flow. It was slow in responding, trying to twist away. Perhaps it was responding as much to her pain as to her will. Sha'hGrim clamped her teeth down, gritting through the core of her being. She hoped and prayed that it would be enough. Finally unleashing her magic, the Mana flowing, in to Chasky, again attempting to enhance his reflexes, and increase his capacity to deal with these threats before her. She knew that he would be far better able to support this battle than she would; and she needed to give him every advantage.

Spellcasting: Improved Reflexes on Chasky. 2 Hits; +1 IP, +1 Reaction
Drain: Target 4; Hits 2 = +2 Boxes Stun Sha'hGrim now has 8 boxes Stun, and 3 boxes Physical; still a -3 modifier, but for RP purposes, I am considering her "functionally comatose". Don't discount her - she's still got 1 Edge, and can throw together a hell of a punch. Once. But she's basically out of the game at this point.

"Go get them. Then get Darkon." Sha'hGrim finally responded to Chasky. She maintained the spell by the barest of measures, holding on to her consciousness for the sole purpose of holding on to this spell. As Chasky surged forward from beneath her hand, she sent him an unformed encouragement, while reaching out with that same hand to steady herself on the wall behind her. Sha'hGrim wasn't even sure she would notice when the "fun" was over, at this point, other than that she would likely recognize Chasky's nuzzle on her face.

Game Stuff
Sha'hGrim
Free Action: Speak with Spirit.
Complex Action: Cast Improved Reflexes.

Chasky
Free Action: Speak with Sha'hGrim.
Complex Action: Charge Attack
- Gymnastics Roll for Attacking around the corner: Target 2: 5 Hits!
- Attack Roll: 4 Hits Note: Chasky has Shadow Cloak on. -2 in normal light; -4 in partial light (or I would assume smoke). Also: DV for Animals is Strength. This will be 5+8=13P for Chasky (plus net hits, of course).

Surging forward, the spirit possessing Chasky revels in the feel of the Meat Muscles that responding to it's "Movement" commands. While this spirit had always been a possession spirit, there were very few Magicians who practiced Possession Magic with the requisite comfort in working with Guidance spirits. And because there were so few, the spirit was rarely given the oportunity to interact with the world that these people call the Physical Plane. It IS interesting, and different. It is a learning experience worthy of service.
Acting on Sha'hGrim's original command, the spirit leapt forward, noting as it did so that Sha'hGrim had returned the Reaction Enhancement spell it had originally been operating under to the body. The muscles felt just slightly more responsive, and the speed of action seemed to increase by the barest, but certainly measurable amount. If it would help Chasky do his job -The spirit was now referring to itself as Chasky- then that was an appropriate action to take.
As Chasky neared the door frame, he leaned slightly to the side, preparing his body for the drastic change in direction. Fortunately, this body was built for precisely that. The doorframe streaked by the combined vision of the Spirit: Astral for the Spirit, and physical for Chasky. In it's wake, there were two glowing beings. Both alive, and both hostile. Still acting under the Shadow Cloak, Chasky felt certain that the attackers, soon to be defending themselves against him, would be at a disadvantage as they would be unlikely to see him. Of course, the smoke would only assist that.
As the target came within range, Chasky lunged forward, snapping his powerful jaws shut as the flesh of the target approached.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:32 pm

(Starcraft, as you never changed Alexia's actions but said you'd changed your mind in OCC I simply treated your posted actions as a held action response instead)

As Sylph helped conceal Darkon's position, the brief but deadly fight continued on downstairs. So far, from start to present the whole ambush had taken less than six seconds to turn completely against the ambushing force and into a complete disaster. So much so that when the rather large, tooth and claw filled visage of death that was the spirit possessed form of Chasky suddenly darted around the corner and leaped right on top of one of the two, the other didn't even bother to stick around and try to help his team mate but instead charged forward gun firing blindly into the room only to be knocked off of his feet by a well placed shot from Alexia which sent the charging man into a spin and then a crash to the floor. His team mate in the meantime managed to block the great cat just in time even as he fell back against the wall and started sliding downward under the large cat's weight. Chasky could feel more than really see a heavily armoured knee pressing up against his body just between his front legs while his claws barely held purchase on his victim's clothing. At the same time one of the man's arms came up under Chasky's chin to keep the dagger filled mouth at bay, if barely. This left the other man's hand free to draw a sharp combat knife from it's sheath to start trying to stab at his attacker. However, bolstered by the possessing spirit, Chasky's hide was as tough as an armoured car, and the knife had just as little effect as a result.

Meanwhile from Edgar's vantage point on the knocked out vehicle, another door opened on the truck and yet another figure fell out. Unlike the first however, that continued to remain completely motionless on the ground, this second one wobbled and slipped. The chameleon effect of the beings armour quickly being ruined by all the ash enough so that Edgar could see traces of some sort of heavy security armour. The figure in quesiton however moved about in a disoriented manner, almost as if drunk and blind.

Initiative Order:
Edgar: 24 (2/3 Passes)
???:24 (2/4 Passes)
Chasky: 22 (2/2 Passes, 4 services left)
???: 20 (2/5 Passes)
Darkon Air Spirit: 19 (2/2 Passes, 2 services left)
Alexia: 18 (2/4 Passes)
Sha'hgrim 16 (2/4 Passes)
??:15 (2/3 Passes)
Spawn: 10 (1/3 Passes)
Darkon: 9 (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus: (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus Air spirit: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Water Spirit: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Earth Spirit: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Spirit of Man: (1/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:07 am

It happened so fast, so suddenly and with no warning that at first Spawn couldn't credit what his senses were telling him. No matter how many times in the past he'd seen what spirits could do to metahuman flesh, the total annihilation of the goon's body right before his eyes stunned Spawn to an abrupt inability to act. Dripping with the blood and gore of his enemy, precious seconds ticked by before the changeling managed to regain his composure and return to the urgency of their situation.

With the speed of thought, like images flashing randomly on a trideo screen, the myriad options for immediately urgent actions heliographed through Spawn's mind.

Tick: Lexi, Shag, and Darkon were under attack upstairs and needed help.
Tock: Edgar was outside exposed to incoming missile fire.
Tick: Andrealphus was somewhere, probably under an Invisibility spell, but Spawn didn't know what the mage's status was or how effective he could be after maintaining so many spirits.
Tock: He still had a 'request' from the Exchange to fulfill.

As Spawn's shocked senses returned, with them came the realization that whether through his connection with the ambient mana permeating this battle zone or through some leap in cognition brought on by the momentary retreat of his consciousness from the horror of having the exploded remains of his enemy literally covering him, he had been 'shown' the order of priority of his available actions.

Turning to face the offices where his teammates were under attack, Spawn took a few running steps and then launched himself at the room to join in the battle.

Running Great Leap= 7

[Actions:
Free: Run
Simple Great Leap]


Last edited by Jagger on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Kesslan, will this work?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:50 pm

While Spawn darts and leaps, landing practically right at the door to the first floor offices, Andre's spirits move much, much faster given their ability to travel the astral plane at will. This leaves Edgar to witness the one man who'd just fallen out of the knocked out armoured car being suddenly and brutally crushed moments after the sudden appearance of the earth spirit, while air, water and spirit of man set upon another that was apparently seated in the drivers seat (Given that there already had been a body on the ground from when the driver side door opened, it was obvious that another had survived the giant electrical ball that had hit the vehicle and had been trying to drive off). That man too was swept up and brutally slaughtered in a blink of an eye.

That meant that Edgar was more or less on his own outside once again, save for the company of the spirits not too far away, and left him front row seats to easily see what was happening to the two men despite the heavy downpour of ash that seemed to have picked up into a fairly heavy fall that was cutting down normal visibility and playing absolute hell with thermographics.

Of course inside the building there were still two enemy survivors but clearly that was not something that would last long at all.

Initiative Order:
Edgar: 24 (2/3 Passes)
???:24 (2/4 Passes)
Chasky: 22 (2/2 Passes, 4 services left)
???: 20 (2/5 Passes)
Darkon Air Spirit: 19 (2/2 Passes, 2 services left)
Alexia: 18 (2/4 Passes)
Sha'hgrim 16 (2/4 Passes)
??:15 (2/3 Passes)
Spawn: 10 (2/3 Passes)
Darkon: 9 (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus: (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus Air spirit: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Water Spirit: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Earth Spirit: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Spirit of Man: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
avatar

Number of posts : 31
Age : 35
Location : Oregon
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 pm

For a moment Edgar watches as the spirits make easy work of the individuals within the truck. With a slight shudder he thanks whatever higher being(s) may be out their that he wasn't on the receiving end. Without further hesitation he makes his way to his van, though he may not have been of much use in dealing with the ambush he knew things other than just shooting a big gun. Reaching in through the open door he grabs the handle of his medkit. Doing a quick turn about he makes his way back to Sha'hGrim, and Alexia by the "door"


Actions:
Free: Run
Simple: Pick up object
Free: Run?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:46 pm

"Got 'im" Chasky reports back to Sha'hGrim. Of course, this wasn't a thought so much as it was an extremely brief motion picture. Framing Chasky's nose was a wide-view angle of his bright glowing paws taking a swipe at the bright glowing metahuman collapsing against the wall in front of him. Chasky followed the metahuman forward, landing on top of him and continuing his swiping and biting, with some degree of success. The fact that the target was live, moving, writhing and attempting to block made it difficult for Chasky to be wildly successful. But due to his incredible enhanced strength, when he did connect, it was devastating!
Sha'hGrim watched in near-comatose awe as Chasky continued to chew his way forward. It was not a case of a "fight," perse, but more like the inexorable progress of an inevitable situation. The unfortunate soldier beneath Chasky's unyeilding claws was only delaying his plight; not fighting it off.
Sha'hGrim, for her part, was not certain that there was anything she could do to assist the situation. Alexia was in the process of firing off a few shots. They may land, and they may not, but Sha'hGrim was of a mind that her greatest asset to the team at the moment was as nothing more than a physical deterrent, holding the door. The pistol she was carrying in her right hand was, to her mind, nothing more than an intimidation prop. Of course, the thing was indeed functional. And if she were to point and shoot; it would hit something. But, considering her current focus capacity, Sha'hGrim didn't figure she had any advantage with modern weaponry at hitting her target than if it were a 17th century dueling pistol.
Be that as it may: It was still a functional weapon. And she was still standing in the door. And anyone coming would be able to see that; despite the less obvious queues about her actual current physical capacity.

Game Stuff
Chasky: Attack. (Roll already posted in OOC)

Sha'hGrim: Hold Action. Pending anything drastically changing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 2140
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Alexia's shot was quick and precise, hitting the downed trooper again with another bullet before the man could even pick himself up off the floor, though once he did he once again launched himself at the pair, aiming for the woman shooting at him while leaving his gun where it lay on the ground as he moved to try and tackle Alexia (Alexia you may attempt to avoid the attack. Your threshold is 4). His companion meanwhile managed to some how keep Chasky at bay enough to avoid serious injury but none the less some of the cat's claws found flesh though only managed to cause minor injury at best. The man might still be pinned, but he clearly had a good vantage point of the giant possessed cat and was able to keep it's jaws at bay, or maybe it was just his armour. In either case he dropped his knife given it's apparent uselessness and instead used his still free hand to pull out a grenade before priming it, in what was a clear move of desperation.


Initiative Order:
Edgar: 24 (3/3 Passes)
???:24 (3/4 Passes)
Chasky: 22 (2/2 Passes, 4 services left)
???: 20 (3/5 Passes)
Darkon Air Spirit: 19 (2/2 Passes, 2 services left)
Alexia: 18 (3/4 Passes)
Sha'hgrim 16 (3/4 Passes)
??:15 (3/3 Passes)
Spawn: 10 (2/3 Passes)
Darkon: 9 (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus: (1/1 Pass)
Andrealphus Air spirit: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Water Spirit: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Earth Spirit: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Andrealphus Spirit of Man: (2/2 Passes, 1 Service Left)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer


Number of posts : 1148
Age : 55
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 am

Perception= 1

Quickly scanning the scene, Spawn's eyes rivet on the man being mauled by Sha'hgrim's cat. The goon appears to be holding something but Spawn can't tell what. Still, anything wielded by one of these murderous henchmen sent to scrag them by their old leader cannot be anything but some kind of weapon, so Spawn does the only thing he feels would thwart the goon's efforts and grabs the hand with both of his own, both preventing that hand from reaching Sha'hgrim's cat and trapping whatever is being held within.

Grapple= 3

Actions:
Free- Perception
Complex- Grapple attack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3061
Age : 35
Location : Manhattan
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:25 pm

"Augh..." Sha'hGrim groaned, seeing the second of the two attackers launch himself forward at her and Alexia. Sha'hGrim didn't really know which of the two of them he was attacking. Logically, there was a good case to be made for either: Alexia seemed to be more dangerous, as she was the one firing at him. Sha'hGrim was the "Weakest Link" and likely the easiest one to go through. Either way, Sha'hGrim was determined to do what she could to stop him. As little as she may be capable of now, she could at least distract him.
Sha'hGrim reached down through her feet and in to the ground beneath her, drawing the energy of the earth, life, about her like a mantle. She pulled up as much of that energy as she could, noting with discomfort that it paled in comparison to what she could gather when she was "fresh". Sha'hGrim took longer than usual to Focus her energy down in to a useable form as well, which she felt would likely limit her effectiveness (Read: low force). Though that didn't matter all that much, as she knew that she was barely playing with Sandbox Toys at this point; compared to the literal cannons she had thrown before.
Having focused her magic down to a point, Sha'hGrim aimed it toward the advancing opponent, and released, watching as the waves of energy coalesced down about him, settling about his body like a cloak; or second skin.

Casting: "Orgasm" (From Street Magic)
2 hits! - This means that the attacking goon has a -2 Dice Pool modifier to all actions. This is sustained; so it is true for as long as Sha'hGrim holds the spell.
Drain, Target 1: 4 Hits!

OOC: For your record, here is the first roll. I had to re-roll because I forgot to take the -2 from sustaining the Improved Reflexes on Chasky. Total dice-pool should have been (as seen in the combined 2 rolls): 7 Magic + 5 Spellcasting - 6 Wounds - 2 Sustained Spell = 4d6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   

Back to top Go down
 
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» World: The Lesser Keys: One Star In Sight
» 110724 Girls’ Generation to Attend “K-POP All-Star Live in Niigata”
» 110725 SNSD to participate in ‘K-POP All Star Live in Niigata’
» Crimson Star
» 111122 Star Life Theater follows SNSD around in college

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Kesslan's Games-
Jump to: