Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLiving on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Living on the Edge - OOC

Go down 
+4
Kouryuu.LV
Jagger
Aalith
DaedalusK71
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:51 am

...?
how do you kill someone who's already killed you?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 am

OK, so Bark looks around and makes his way to the panic room, entering the other code. On the way, he's trying to get the hang of what happened here, so he'll walk slowly and watch for clues or traps or anything that could be important. He has three vision mode, so he'll cycle them predator-like (one of my favorite part in the movie and in the game). Let me know if I need to make some tests!
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 am

Skid (Ork Hacker) will sit at the drop site where he was asked to await the arrival of the team he is meant to work with. Kind of strange due to his late arrival. Must remember to kick out of BTL games quicker instead of the 'one last go at it - I know I can beat it'. Not the best way to start either. Johnson wasn't too happy about it but then the inexperience of youth often ankle taps the best of intentions.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 am

Hi T!

Welcome to the team. Please put Skid into the "Dossiers" where all the other's are resting. Smile So we know who we are working with.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Character sheet
Character Name: Kaneis
Race: Gnome

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:38 pm

@Aalith - I do need two perception tests please.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Okey-dokey (as Ned Flanders would say):

And from 11 freaking dice I've got 1 hit twice.

Perception pool + audiovisual enhancements 3 (11d6.hits(5)=1, 11d6.hits(5)=1)

I don't know if it's possible, but if, I'd try it again (by looking around one more time to make sure I didn't miss anything and please note I didn't add "actively looking" +3, so cut an honest and tired guy some slack here Smile )

Perception pool + audiovisual enhancements 3 -2 for trying again (9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=3)

Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:24 pm

@Aalith - IC isn't give you any love...

It isn't difficult to piece together that someone tore through here and ran off with whatever they could carry. The attempt to get into the front door was crude; the panic room was a brute force attempt that failed. Most likely they were in and out inside of ten minutes. The fridge has been cleaned out. Remains of very good prepak and what appear to be very expensive beer bottles litter the floor.

The panic room holds alot of automated medical equipment next to a bench. The walls are very interesting, there are wierd scribbles covering every surface, walls, floor and ceiling. (If you have some magical knowledge you'll recognize them as a ward.)
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 am

I'm starting to get the feeling the package is a human and we have to safe-keep him/her for a few days! You bastardos! That's why "it" has to be in a very specific location. The medical equipment!
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:37 pm

I can neither confirm nor deny those accusations...
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:38 am

We'll see soon enough. The drop-time is near. Then we'll see if it's a "he" a "she" an "it" or an "IT" (as in some horrific genetic experiment we must keep live until it borrows into one of our chests)
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:08 am

Aalith wrote:
We'll see soon enough. The drop-time is near. Then we'll see if it's a "he" a "she" an "it" or an "IT" (as in some horrific genetic experiment we must keep live until it borrows into one of our chests)
Not gona happen, not at least to Andromeda
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Kouryuu.LV wrote:
DaedalusK71 wrote:
Kouryuu.LV wrote:
One more thing, or two, will see as writing

First off all, GM what's do you say about Andromeda's Lifestyle, She does not rent or has a house, but a truck remade to living and working purposes - High Lifestyle, but not sure I should have given her it as a lifestyle, the upkeep for the fuels Water addition to the water tank and other things Food so on, would have to be paid anyway, so it could be seen as a simple lifestyle or what do you rule on this?

I think you are spot on given the nature of her housing situation.
So that would mean, having to refuel every week for 1/4 of the High lifstyle cost, as buying the Car itself is expenses too or how do we do it?, should I make and advanced High lifestyle and see how much this will take up or will you judge on it?

So it looks like i will have to make one before rolling staring money then. Just wanted to know how you stand on this, as the car is bought, it would work like permanent lifestyle?

Do not make decisions on my own, as these tend to favour my own good, I am a just human after all. king
Still nothing, so I make my own Advanced High Lifestyle configuration and roll the dice as pre High lifestyle to determine starting money.
And the monthly exploitation cost Of Habu might be in the region of 15-40% of the High Lifestyle depending on the fuel usage in the mission - 1.5k-4k
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:53 am

Sorry Kouryuu.LV,

Quote :
Still nothing, so I make my own Advanced High Lifestyle configuration and roll the dice as pre High lifestyle to determine starting money.
And the monthly exploitation cost Of Habu might be in the region of 15-40% of the High Lifestyle depending on the fuel usage in the mission - 1.5k-4k

I meant to read the book as I am not familiar with the Advanced lifestyle rules ( I will try to read them this weekend) but this seems resonable. Use your figures for now. Unless I find some huge disparity in the rules we'll stick with your numbers.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 am

DaedalusK71 wrote:
Sorry Kouryuu.LV,

Quote :

I meant to read the book as I am not familiar with the Advanced lifestyle rules ( I will try to read them this weekend) but this seems resonable. Use your figures for now. Unless I find some huge disparity in the rules we'll stick with your numbers.

The problem in my opinion is that i can not define a Neighbourhood. So I put in the Qualities, that stated it. and used standard High Lifestyle rules.
one more problem is the Permanent Lifestyle are free, but Habu is owned but not free there are bills to pay, so how to measure it.

== Lifestyles ==
Habu 1 months
Comforts: High
Entertainment: Middle
Necessities: High
Neighbourhood: No
Security: High
Qualities: No Neighbors [1LP]
Rural Home [2LP]
Workplace [1LP]
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 am

I'm in a little pinch here. It's just plain stupid to approach two strangers who happens to be where the pickup point is and blindly trust them with the job's details. They may be cops, an enemy who also waits for the package and such. And from their perspective, we may be bad guys, although they may have gotten our descriptions from the Johnsons or something. The problem is, we don't have a password or nothing of that sort of information about the couriers. We know nothing at all. So how do we know if this troll is waiting for us or not, friendly or not, has the right package or a bomb for us? Oh and of course we know nothing about the package either. How it looks like? How big is it? I know secrecy is good, but now we have absolutely no reason to trust these guys and no way to confirm that they are who they are.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:23 am

Exactly Aalith,
I think thats kindda the point. Now we have to role play it out (gee imagine that)
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:04 am

Exactly the point? You mean they want us to be uncertain, to distrust who we should trust or trust who we shouldn't? May I ask why that is good, to not even give a clue for your newly assembled, not-too-loyal crew about the package they'll spend three days staring at? At least the size and what it looks like? Because they want us to roleplay it out? Have you seen The Transporter?

I know I'm being picky, but if you'd really roleplay this, now would be the time to be really paranoid. Imagine just one scenario:

You're a KE officer who wants to capture a few shadowrunners. Because you need something from them, or you just want to brainwash them or beat them up or anything you like. You work a few snitches, get a few numbers. Easy. Call those numbers, and since this is the shadow world, you don't need to bother thinking of names, just being a mysterious Mr. J. and pay a fixer to get together a team. Now you make sure they don't know who you are, so use a middleman who knows nothing. Send the team to a remote place in a hurry, so they don't have time to do the legwork, where people they know nothing about waits for them with a package they don't now anything about. They accept the package (because they are stupid) drive two streets when a heavy KE unit arrests them with 100 kg of cocaine in the package. You get them and their commlinks, probably with a fixer's number in them. Repeat the process until you have enough 'runners to fill your prisons.

And this is just one scenario. If you want dead runners, just place a bomb in the van. Etcetera.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:54 am

An absolutely fair point Smile Spoken like a true paranoid schizophrenic er.. Shadowrunner.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:01 pm

It's just I reeeeally put myself into the situation, and find it hard to trust people "just because". I know it's a game, and everyone is eager to start the mission, but when you walk in the shadows and your life depends on it, you don't just say: "hey, they are here when we are, so they are probably the guys we are waiting for". That probably can cost you your life, when your employer is a mystery man and your job is to safekeep a package you cannot open from an unknown amount of enemies you know nothing about.

So if you look at the big picture, a clueless bunch met half an hour ago and they do everything you say for a moderate amount of money, without asking any questions (or asking, just not getting any answers, but they still do it). I've seen softer fanatics than this. Smile But yeah, dive into the unknown, head first and hope for the best! This IS a game, after all. But I think "real deniable assets" would sooner play russian roulette then to be in this situation. Laughing

But that was a subtle move D! Congrats for that (see, I'm not all about criticizing people)! So the troll now hinted he knows something that happened on the meeting with the J. This proves they are in the same team, although this doesn't mean they don't want to kill us when the job is over, to ensure that the secret inside the box remains... But that's for tomorrow to be paranoid about.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Mostly the problem is our part, we didn't ask some of the right questions. (Like how do we know its the right package, etc etc)
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 pm

St_Nougat wrote:
Mostly the problem is our part, we didn't ask some of the right questions. (Like how do we know its the right package, etc etc)
we did and he had only the chip nothing more, the J was in the dark himself, so we only got the few lines from the chip.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 am

'Live and learn' they say, but in the shadows its more like 'learn or die.'
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 am

@D

What do you want me to roll for UWB Radar while jumped in the Shin?
Intuition + radar ration + perception as standard? or something else?as standard i mean my previous experience with this in the other game.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Aalith wrote:
It's just I reeeeally put myself into the situation, and find it hard to trust people "just because". I know it's a game, and everyone is eager to start the mission, but when you walk in the shadows and your life depends on it, you don't just say: "hey, they are here when we are, so they are probably the guys we are waiting for". That probably can cost you your life, when your employer is a mystery man and your job is to safekeep a package you cannot open from an unknown amount of enemies you know nothing about.

So if you look at the big picture, a clueless bunch met half an hour ago and they do everything you say for a moderate amount of money, without asking any questions (or asking, just not getting any answers, but they still do it). I've seen softer fanatics than this. Smile But yeah, dive into the unknown, head first and hope for the best! This IS a game, after all. But I think "real deniable assets" would sooner play russian roulette then to be in this situation. Laughing

But that was a subtle move D! Congrats for that (see, I'm not all about criticizing people)! So the troll now hinted he knows something that happened on the meeting with the J. This proves they are in the same team, although this doesn't mean they don't want to kill us when the job is over, to ensure that the secret inside the box remains... But that's for tomorrow to be paranoid about.

Aalith - I get where you are coming from. I don't want you to push forward just to advance the story. Be paranoid! That's what this game is about, right? I will say that [and any use of this is meta gaming which will be thoroughly punished if it is used...] as the first session with a completely new group of players I am not going to throw massive underhanded crap at you. This first mission is more meant to get you all comfortable together.

That being said, I have no problem double crossing you or dropping you in over your head so you DO need to be paranoid or I will take advantage at some point...
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:48 pm

sorry for the lack of posting, today was the first day of classes where i work and it was crazy. I'll try to get back into it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Living on the Edge - OOC
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next