Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLiving on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Living on the Edge - OOC

Go down 
+4
Kouryuu.LV
Jagger
Aalith
DaedalusK71
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Character sheet
Character Name: Kaneis
Race: Gnome
Sex: Male

Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:11 pm

@Kouryuu.LV - What is Andromeda currently carrying? Body armor? Weapons? etc...
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:24 am

Quick question, thinking ahead. When I turn "off" the chameleon suit, can I walk the streets in it without drawing attention? Also RP coating can be programmed to display anything (because, you know, it must) can I use that to make it look like a workers coverall or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:10 am

DaedalusK71 wrote:
@Kouryuu.LV - What is Andromeda currently carrying? Body armour? Weapons? etc...
teaser, and armour, that's about it, clips and Sniper rifle are in shielded smuggling compartment in the Shin, nothing F (except modiefied Simrig for hot, but doubt normal officer can ever see if someones intyernal comlink has hot or cold sim, but a few R things like taser Smartgun mod and her cybereyes few mods,

on surface, she has nothing forbidden and nothing restricted, if you look at the mods, it will change a bit, but still nothing forbidden,
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:02 am

Ok, finally edited my intro post, Daedalus. Sorry for the delay, NY celebrations and all.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:18 am

Aalith wrote:
Quick question, thinking ahead. When I turn "off" the chameleon suit, can I walk the streets in it without drawing attention? Also RP coating can be programmed to display anything (because, you know, it must) can I use that to make it look like a workers coverall or something like that?

I would say walking in the street in a deactivated chameleon suit wouldn't 'necessarily' draw attention. Most people would simply chalk it up to some new fashion trend. The problem would come in if there were someone on the street who knew what a chameleon suit was. In that case you would likely trigger their spidey sense in a big way.

Changing the RP pattern to disply coveralls would probably fool anyone more than a meter away. Under that and they are going to notice that the zippers and pockets just don't look right; they will look like a painting of pockets and zippers. I think it's an interesting idea though.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:38 am

If you ever get a chance to read "archangel Protocol" they have chameleon suits in that and when they are deactivated they display a very obvious blue screen blue.
Not SR but a very good cyberpunk book, there are 4 in the series, worth the read but the first one is the best.

Anyway in SR (mind i am drawing on 3rd ed knowledge again) RP can be applied to any surface (including things like orthoskin, but then you would have to be naked to get the benefits). Cloaks, coveralls, a burka (handy for a female Arab assassin i made), cars, anything as long as it completely covered the person or thing to conceal.
So there would be no need to make the chameleon suit 'display' coveralls, just get coveralls as a chameleon suit and keep the hood and gloves in a pocket (otherwise you would be a disembodied head and hands floating around).
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:19 am

ok,

I don't want to move too much further ahead til Jagger gets there.

@Jagger - I need to know about what time you show up at mikey's

@Everyone showing up at least an hour prior to the meet: Make a Perception test
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:45 am

Yes, now that you say it, this sounds perfectly solid. There isn't a "universal" chameleon suit, you can get them in any fashion (just like with the armor jacket, there isn't two alike, the only common is that they are armored in the inside), with or without pockets, a hood, a cape or anything you want, plus it doesn't have to be in one style either. It can be baggy or tight, with zipper or velcro; the only requirement is that it must cover your whole body (a RP coated T-shirt is fun, but nothing else). So when it's deactivated no one in the whole word can see if it's just a normal cloth or a ruthenium-polimer coated one. It's so obvious (now)!

D! I have already rolled a perception, it's in my IC post.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:59 am

Edit complete. And I can't make that other dice site work with my screen reader prog, so Mr GM, if you'd be so kind.

I hope IC comes back soon.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:07 am

Mundane perception outside:
int 4 + perception 3 + 3 enhanced perception = 7 hits
Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 Embed?1040215

astral perception outside
int 4 + assensing 3 + 3 enhanced perception= 6 hits
Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 Embed?1040198

Mundane perception inside
critical glitch, i dont know what i think i saw
Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 Embed?1040226

Astral inside 3 hits
Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 Embed?1040246
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 am

@Aalith - What are you scanning the room with?
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Same radar sensor. I don't have any other scans.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:10 pm

I just got up to speed on the radar sense. Wow... That is an incredibly powerful piece of tech. Not sure how it detects invisibility as that is a mana spell that affects the mind of the viewer (I'll be making a GM ruling on that one...). And not only does it do all that but will identify cyberware and weapons as well? And the ability to see through up to Rating X 5 structure. Reinforced Armor (Read: Bunker material) is only 17.

This effectively means you cannot be blinded by smoke, sandstorms, darkness, water, 30 feet of concrete, bank vault doors, Magic ... ad nauseum.
The ONLY countermeasure is to have jamming equipment sufficient to blot out all radio traffic?

On top of all that, you only need 1 or 2 successes to pick up every Alphaware or less cyberware and nearly any weapon regardless of rating.

There are any number of ways to defeat RADAR, not the least of which is RADAR absorboing foam.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with the item itself. I actually think it is cool. It's just that because it can see through pretty much anything, it seems like it would be HIGHLY illegal (which I don't think it is in SR) and tightly controlled by the gov. Not that that matters to a Shadowrunner but given the low availablity, any starting character could have it. And you'd be a fool NOT to have it.

*Update: All the above with a 100m range!

I will let it stand with the following addendums:

1. The scanner range will be reduced by 100 / (Twice the structure rating of the material percieved through.). (Strength 11 material: 4.5m)
2. The immunity to mind affecting magic is revoked. You can still see through physical illusions.

I can totally see why you took the scanner but it is a serious imbalance. If you can't live with these restrictions you are free make whatever adjustments you need to replace it with someother gear.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Ok I'm tired so I'll try to make this short. But please, next time I refer to something and even include the book and page number, read that, because I'm not doing it for fun. Just this is the third misunderstanding regarding this one simple equipment, which could have been avoided in the first place. And I'm sure I have more where this came from, so please next time, just read. Shocked

And you are right, this is a very good sensor, but not that all powerful. Structure ratings are adding up, so unless it's a clear field, it doesn't work in 100 m. 4X5 is 20 so I can see through 1 normal wall (11) and then the next one stops my vision, so there's no need for dividing and punching calculators. And I can be blinded by sandstorms and smoke and darkness, because if you read it, it gives me ultrasound vision (which is also can be bought by anyone) and that also can see invisibility. Please see SR4A 152 and wherever it describes ultrasound vision.
And I have paid 12 000 nuyen for this, not a small price for an ultrasound goggle that can also see into 1 building. If you still want to nerf it so badly after this, at least please knock off the price a little, because then I really might use the opportunity and give it back and get a glasses with ultrasound.

I think we can conclude then why it isn't some forbidden superweapon and that the creators of shadowrun are seasoned guys, who know what they are doing.

No disrespect intended just tired for running in circles, so I'm being blunt and honest.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:25 am

Aalith wrote:
Ok I'm tired so I'll try to make this short. But please, next time I refer to something and even include the book and page number, read that, because I'm not doing it for fun. Just this is the third misunderstanding regarding this one simple equipment, which could have been avoided in the first place. And I'm sure I have more where this came from, so please next time, just read. Shocked

And you are right, this is a very good sensor, but not that all powerful. Structure ratings are adding up, so unless it's a clear field, it doesn't work in 100 m. 4X5 is 20 so I can see through 1 normal wall (11) and then the next one stops my vision, so there's no need for dividing and punching calculators. And I can be blinded by sandstorms and smoke and darkness, because if you read it, it gives me ultrasound vision (which is also can be bought by anyone) and that also can see invisibility. Please see SR4A 152 and wherever it describes ultrasound vision.
And I have paid 12 000 nuyen for this, not a small price for an ultrasound goggle that can also see into 1 building. If you still want to nerf it so badly after this, at least please knock off the price a little, because then I really might use the opportunity and give it back and get a glasses with ultrasound.

I think we can conclude then why it isn't some forbidden superweapon and that the creators of shadowrun are seasoned guys, who know what they are doing.

No disrespect intended just tired for running in circles, so I'm being blunt and honest.

yep it is nowhere near the ultimate thing you could think it is, i just got shot just because my char was depending on this thing too much, so i know first hand how this can be used against one.
Second Aalieth view, as it's most RAW one
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:26 am

Thanks, K! Now how exactly did you get shot? Trying to learn from mistakes, mine or others'.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 am

Aalith wrote:
Thanks, K! Now how exactly did you get shot? Trying to learn from mistakes, mine or others'.
gave away my goggles in a cave, so my team mate could see, had smart-gun in contacts, and thought i could use Radar as primary vision even with the -2, it was way better then most other, then one of my team mates came up with the idea to jamm some drones we had to circumvent, - not to ad that they cut their searchlights as soon as they saw us in they thermo scanners, being blind in a fire fight is a bitch if you are an infiltrator and have sneaked up 50 m closer then the rest.
now my team is trying anything they can to save my char but it looks not good as we lack muscle, we are heavy matrix/rigger group.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 am

Damm, that sucks. Don't you have a smoke grenade with you or something? My characters always have at least one thermal smoke on them, even if they don't have throwing weapons skill. Just toss it in the general direction (or just drop it) and it pretty much obscures every vision mode. When it comes to running away, there is no better than that.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:05 am

Aalith wrote:
Damm, that sucks. Don't you have a smoke grenade with you or something? My characters always have at least one thermal smoke on them, even if they don't have throwing weapons skill. Just toss it in the general direction (or just drop it) and it pretty much obscures every vision mode. When it comes to running away, there is no better than that.
flasbang and neurostun, but drones are immune to both, the problem was i could not do anything as i had to dance in the bullet rain, from one full defence to the other.
they were doing full wide bursts, meaning +9 dice to attack roll, i had dodge 13 dice, they rolled 15 on attack
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Man, I've read a little into that game, but where are you guys? Is this some hardcore gaming or what? Unhackable, adapting, 4 sensor searching drones on a team without muscle? Firing wide bursts, full auto, while evading all attacks? Wow.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Aalith wrote:
Man, I've read a little into that game, but where are you guys? Is this some hardcore gaming or what? Unhackable, adapting, 4 sensor searching drones on a team without muscle? Firing wide bursts, full auto, while evading all attacks? Wow.

not that hardcore, and i sent you a link a while back
it's 2 sentinel P, so they are wired drones on the rail, not unhackable, just not wireless. ultrasound camera. is sufficent to see in darkness, thermal mod even better. pilot3+targetting3+smargun2+wide full burst9 and i had a -6 for firing blind.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Aalith wrote:

Like you, I'm sure, I'm not interested in arguing about game mechanics. I'd rather play the game. If you expect me to not make mistakes, you're in for alot of disappointment. I'm not a hardcore gamer with nothing else to do. And I hardly consider a handfull of posts 'running in circles'. I did read the book on the sensor and was concerned with it unbalancing the game. Not the least of which is having the ability to instantly know (nearly) every piece of cyberware and weapon in your area. Perhaps I phrased things a bit more concretly than I intended. Clearly I did not understand its limitations.

That being said, I'm going to let the tech stand RAW.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:38 pm

what is RAW?
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Rules as Written
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:42 pm

thank you

thought it was something along that line
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - OOC   Living on the Edge - OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Living on the Edge - OOC
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next