Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Few Odd Jobs -OOC- SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-

Go down 
+3
himora21
DaedalusK71
No_Name
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- Empty
PostSubject: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:26 pm

Out of game comments and discussions go here

Please post the character name at the beginning of any IC posts.
I would prefer invisiblecastle for rolls or some other service so that rolls are in the same post as the action.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Character sheet
Character Name: Kaneis
Race: Gnome

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:17 am

Invisible Castle is still down. Any issues using the other one til it is back up?

Also, VMI... A matrix site or an RL site?
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:31 am

I have no issues with the other site, i just prefer IC (when it works)

VMI is a business with physical locations for people to go to, they provide high quality, highly secure matrix based meeting rooms. you go to their office and from there jack in and care connected with others in satellite offices.
Back to top Go down
himora21

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Ok, not sure if I roll Negotiations, or Etiquette, or just Charisma here?
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Any roll to get information would be an Etiquette roll. You're using a contact so that reduces the TN by 1 so TN 3.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 pm

talked to a buddy today, so it looks like we've got one more coming. I need to run an errand tonight and help him with his character, i will try to type up the meet tonight
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 pm

@himora21

just a head's up... Kaneis is ... shy and won't reveal that he is a gnome unless he really, really trusts you. That and he is wanted for questioning about some stuff in Germany. Not that he did anything wrong mind you, not at all, but .. you know... governments. Smile
Back to top Go down
himora21

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Aaah, thought he reverted to dwarf form once he hit the Matrix. Sorry about that!
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:25 pm

No sweat, I should have been more clear in my post that he would have chosen a different avatar.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Avatars were not chosen, they are basically 3d reditions of the characters that were scanned and recorded while the person was being hooked up to the equipment. Since Kineis used physical mask the 'avatar' is of his illusion.

BTW D, if you have anything more to add to the IC questioning of the Johnson, now is the time to do so, I am going to give Nickel a little longer before I update.

Last edited by St_Nougat on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
himora21

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Editted the post so that it's more in line with what should be going on.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:29 pm

just about to post...
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Dekalb,
gonna need an etiquette roll on the getting info from your decker, basic info so TN 4, -1 for using a contact.

you can use invisible castle, its fairly convenient.
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 am

2d6 → [4,2] = 1 success

Site won't let me post the link because I'm too new...
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:21 am

Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:29 am

Daedalusk,
sorry chummer, 3rd ed game here, all you get to roll is your Etiquette. TN is 4, -1 for using a contact.
7d6.hits(4) → [4,6,3,4,5,3,3] = (4)
Taking your last 3 rolls there gives you 3 hits. I will update IC in a bit with your results.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 am

haha, I WILL remember that at some point Smile
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 am

Sundance roll, go-gang identification knowledge skill (4)

4d6 → [1,5,2,6]
1d6 → [1] = (1)

Don't know the target number for the ID so this gives me a 1,2,5,7 result. I believe the 1 and 7 cancel eachother out, so my highest result is a 5...

Its been sooooo long since I've played SR that I'm a little rusty on the rules. Hope I'm getting this right....
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 am

ones dont cancel rolls, so that gives you a high roll of a 7 and 5 to boot.

The colors are for an elven go-gang by the name of Double Devils, they wear Black leather with a read gang symbol: a pitchfork over D's (with pointed tails). They hang out in a Dump up in Shnohomish. The Razors haven't had any dealing with them.
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Something I've always wondered about the capabilities of walker drones that I need to get an opinion on. I have the Renraku Arachnoid walker drone available and I may need to put it to use at some point, but I have come upon a snag in its deployment.

The VERY short blub I have for it from Rigger 3 describes it as a 17cm (full spread tip-to-tip / smaller when standing) drone that resembles a large house spider. It also claims it can get into small spaces anywhere a spider can. All well and good. I know it cannot fly, but can it climb? I mean, does it have all the mobility of a spider? Could it climb up a completely vertical surface? (personally, I lean towards a "no" on that one). Could it maybe jump some distance? (I lean more towards this interpretation). If it has no capacity for either, how would it manage something simple like going up stairs? (going down is easy) If it could jump, it could ascend stairs by leaping from stair-to-stair. But how far can it leap? Could it make it to a desk top? Again, I don't know what the proper interpretation of the text supports. Its just something I need to figure out before I decide where I send it. At a little under 15K, I don't want to waste it. Smile

Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:36 pm

I think I would wet my pants if I found a 17cm spider in my house. That's over 6" across...

That being said. Wouldn't a 'spider' drone be equipped with gecko tape or something to allow it to walk up walls and across ceilings?
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Well, think "tarantula". Smile And the 17cm is if it was flattened out with the legs spread completely flat. I imagine when it is up and moving it's probably aroun 10-12cm, but still pretty big. I suppose there are ways it could climb - it certainly doesn't weight much - but I just need "official" clearance before I send it in to the conservatory to check out the girl's room.... Smile
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Alright here is the official GM call untill I find or see something official (or semi-official) to the contrary:

The descriptor does not state that the drone can climb walls or anything like that. That seems like something they would mention like the hover capability of the dalmation drone. So no climbing verticals or hanging from ceilings.

The descriptor (or at least the one I found online) states 'can squeeze into anywhere a spider can fit.' This does not mean it can climb like a spider just that it can get through any space that its body can fit, for the sake of argument, lets call this 3 cm wide by 1.5 cm tall.

The descriptor does say that the drone can go anywhere. We will say that the drone has no problem navigating things like rocks, debris, stairs and the like. It has the ability to propel itself (jump) 17 cm. (in a small robot like that the servos would not be that strong).

As for something like Gecko tape: That's new tech in 2070, i dont recall seeing it in earlier additions (though adding it to the drone would make it able to climb walls)
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 am

@dekalb1616 - Kanies has a physical mask with the appearance of a human sustained.
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Right. My appologies and disregard that comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-   A Few Odd Jobs -OOC- Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Odd Jobs -OOC-
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next