Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

A Time For Secrets OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:49 am

wipes tears from his face thank you G! Very Happy @KLV see you when you get back have fun...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:54 am

Hold on a second - I have to pop my eyes back in to my head.... Kesslan! That was Literary Brilliance!!! You get +2 Karma for that post.

You may re-roll your intimidation roll. And you may add any situational modifiers you feel are appropriate, this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 am

What can I say? I'm inspired by evil! Twisted Evil

Err.. I mean..

>.>

<.<

Totally not! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:11 am

Hmm as for modifiers probably at most the bonus would be +2-+3

Depends on what's interpreted as physically imposing. I mean right now Kesslan is an at least obviously fit (though slightly short) human being with cat like eyes and obviously armed. I'd apply the 'wielding a weapon or using obvious magic' modifier to cover the whole fake ritual thing (+2), possibly another 1-2 for physical apperance (As shifters all suffer from unusual appearance). You could also arguably put in the +2 for characters outnumbering the subject(s) as we as a team just wiped out the other team in question, though right now it's pretty much just Kess, the autodoc (with Elanore) and the injured man.

You can possibly put in a +1 for the situation being 'advantageous' to the NPC (He gets to live, vs dying horribly), but that may be countered by what talking may bring down on his head. If we had street cred that could be added in as well, but far as I know right now no one does (And even if Kess had some at some point he arguably lost it when Watashi erased his entire past)

Your call on what all may or may not apply.

I would say though at least a +2 is warranted in there somewhere. If you go whole hog you could arguably add in up to +8 but I don't see that as being very realistic atm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:27 am

You get the +2 for Obvious Magic.

Physical Appearance is irrelevant to him, as he can't focus his eyes at the moment.

And I'll give you an extra +1 "GM Bonus" because your description was so awesome - and because it's so appropriately in character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Apparently the dice gods want me to eat his heart.

Zero hits on the dice test:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3319425/

Since I have scant reason to use edge most of the time (Since I only have an edge pool of 1) I think now's a reasonable time to use it for a re-roll:

Annnnd only 1 hit >.<
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3319428/

Oh well, I suppose I get to see how the group reacts to Kess eating someone's heart! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm in! I don't see any reason for me to post his reaction... You may include his reaction in your post.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm REALLY looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:45 am

Wow Kesslan! That was REALLY SOMETHING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:51 am

Ok all - I just want you to know that I am not planning on holding back the Karma for the last few days (in game) of adventure. I'm still figuring out exactly what that will be, and should be posting it up at some point next week. Part of the difficulty is awarding people for the play that they've put in (as we have some late joiners). So I can't just give a blanket Karma award.

As for Gear - do we have any outstanding Gear requests that I haven't gotten to yet? Please remind me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:57 am

Giving Karma based on performance and good roleplay is always subjective by the GM. can't be helped.

We all do our best to do good roleplay. And any Karma given is appreciated. Smile At least from my point, don't worry about being unjust. As I know you do your best as well. And we're here for fun affter all, not for gaining more Karma than others.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:15 am

i love when Gala gives karma for the hardworking poster and RPing. Its like "thx for noticing!" She seems to pay closer detail to your actions and stuff then my other GM's so yeah thats what i remember bout her awards...

Also a not about my gear i found that i dont think i built LT's laser pistol correct i should have modified the fireing options first before going high velocity so i have to redo that before further use if you will allow it G im pretty sure i have to loose the ceramic parts or the melee Harding maybe both sucks but i need that spitter to work lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:54 pm

There's no currently outstanding gear requests on my end, but there will be :p

Once everything's settled down for a bit I've got a shopping list i need to put together for the team of stuff we should try and get our hands on. Good quality com links all round, tac softs, a few more recon drones etc, that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Yup - I'm sure Eleanor will approve of having some Recon Drones. She gets a little nippy being left in just a Commlink while you're all out having fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Well we do have a few drones, including at least one Steel Lynx.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 am

Gala wrote:
Ok all - I just want you to know that I am not planning on holding back the Karma for the last few days (in game) of adventure. I'm still figuring out exactly what that will be, and should be posting it up at some point next week. Part of the difficulty is awarding people for the play that they've put in (as we have some late joiners). So I can't just give a blanket Karma award.

As for Gear - do we have any outstanding Gear requests that I haven't gotten to yet? Please remind me.

Comlink, team-wide as Kesslan already said and some Programs thinking at least Pro user + set
Foci for later Binding replacing the lower rating ones Viking has at them moment and Power Foci as addition (but they can wait until we get some Karma to Bind them i guess.)
Lodge materials, if they cant be gathered on the island themselves.

give me the heads up when i can skip the time 4 h in the future and start mind-probing the other survivors, as far as I know, they do not have to be concious to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 am

Unless anyone else has anything they plan on doing at this moment in-game, you're free to skip ahead 4 hours. The timing will be convenient for other reasons as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 am

Gala wrote:
Unless anyone else has anything they plan on doing at this moment in-game, you're free to skip ahead 4 hours. The timing will be convenient for other reasons as well.
OK, will give them a few hours to post then I will make an IC of mind-probing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 am

starting to write up the post,
guess the attackers will be moved away from the boat but not to camp, maybe a shelter in the forest so they do not know our camp location.
Viking will take all the memories connecting to the attack. but what information would Kesslan want to have? something more specific then that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Starcraft
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 am

nah, i hadn't planned anything to do in the 4 hours except for starting to plan out proper defenses and posibly start working on them. though the planning part would take up at the very least 3-3.5 hours or more to plan out adequate defense and security
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 am

Well with Kess I plan to just 'settle' introductions with Alexia then Kess would likely go clean up, and then start sifting through the boat and the dead to see if there's any more information to be pulled from things like comlinks etc as well as salvage anything that was useable. While we may not need yet more guns ammo etc, we can more than likely fence what we don't want and then use the money to fix up the boat and/or buy stuff we do need/want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 am

By the way, since lifestyle is going to play into things like healing tests etc I figured I'd work up what our present 'lifestyle' would be for the group once the camp is set up:

Comforts: Squatter (1)
Entertainment: Street (0)
Necessities: Low (2)
Neighbourhood: Squatter (1)
Security: High (4)
No Neighbors (1)
Privacy Screen: Physical III (3)
Quiet Neighborhood (1)
Security Concious (2)
Green Plan (-1)
Pest Magnet (-1)
Poor Condition (-1)

Total: 12 = 3,200/mo (Low Lifestyle)

This will of course change over time as we improve on living conditions and if we actually get a chance to build some proper housing etc.

The reason for the physical privacy screen at the moment is because we are set up on an island with a ton of foliage. I suspect that unless it's specifically planned for, that aspect will be slowly reduced as we get actual buildings put into place etc. Still, I thought it would be good to keep track of this as we make improvements etc and I tried to base everything off of what we presently have equipment wise, as well as what we as PCs are able to put in place for ourselves on an otherwise uninhabited island we have all to ourselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:52 am

Kesslan, Thanks for that. That's a good approximation of what we have, and quite useful for us to keep track of! I'm going to find somewhere to keep that up, and up to date (though, until we have actual buildings, it's not worth having a seperate thread).

As for Kesslan's meeting with Alexia - All, don't take his tone/style personally. This is appropriate RP for a Male Jaguar. Anyone who is looking in his direction at the moment (and this would reasonably include Darkon and Alexia) automatically knows that he is a Jaguar Shapeshifter now. He has intentionally removed his Masking. For further reading on how Jaguars deal with territory you can take a look at Runner's Companion on pages 86-88. Jaguar is in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 pm

You can also of course also go off of Wikipedia and other real life sources to an extent. That said SR4 obviously overrules any inconsistencies given shapeshifter are a bit more than just animals, but it's important to realize shifters still very much remain animals none the less.

Kess is a bit more instinct driven than say, most shifters from the NAN or other places that have proper courses for both shifters and meta humans on how to get along. (I'd also assume the NAN would teach its shifters to get along)

I don't make that assumption with Aztlan though, where Kess grew up because frankly their as evil and uncaring as a whole as one can get short of perhaps sheddim and other related threats.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:18 pm

On the other hand, though, most shifters that Seattle people would be familiar with are society-driven shifters: Wolves, Lions, etc. While there is certainly an Alpha wolf in every pack, the pack may still consist of many members (2-6 in the book; but experience dictates that packs can range to well over double that, or more, in many circumstances). So there are social tendancies and innate social needs in the pack-based shifters. Jaguars, however, like Tigers, are entirely solitary creatures, and are immensely territorial. While Kesslan the Jaguar can learn (and arguably has) to share his territory with other metahumans, the story changes dramatically when another sapient animal enters his territory.
Finally: Realize that with sapience comes some other things that are somewhat strange to animals. That is that territory may extend to more than just land.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:49 pm

The viewpoint I've taken with Kess is more or less that meta humans are just 'there' sort of like really big talking ants he can understand. Other shifters/animals are another story.

That said its not like he can't be reasoned with (such as people are doing now)

Should be interesting to see how things work out.

Oh, also there is a little bit more material on shifters in running wild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next