Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Last edited by Kesslan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:06 am

Kesslan: I think your smell perception link is broken.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 am

Try it now
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

Ok, got it.

Yes, they stack.

You can hear the group of Metas in front of you go crashing in to the woods. Unfortunately, you can also hear other people in the woods responding to the onrush of the current group. And it sounds like (you're not sure you heard correctly) "Go, Go, Go!" It's unlike that it could have been anything else though.

You smell a myriad of sweaty metahumans.

Also: you're up. You won the surprise test.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am

Sorry bout the delay. Hope to get a post up tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks for the update - we're waiting with "baited breath"...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:42 pm

You can wait with breath all you like. I'm waiting with HE grenades :p
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Well, some one's bout to have a bad day methinks.

This also marks the first time in about 4 years I've used a hand grenade in Shadowrun.

EDIT: As a side note, the throw went MUCH Better than the last time I did... where it bounced off a wall, came back at me, fell short, bounced again off of a table, and then right into the open closet a team mate of mine was taking cover in while being shot at.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Note to Self: Avoid jaguar shapeshifters named Kesslan wielding grenades...
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Hey it's not my fault! Sides that time I was playing an Ork and I was making the throw under 3rd Ed and... stuff.. just..went bad!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:15 am

Yeah, and as I recall, Throwing Weapons were Strength based in 3rd Edition.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Jagger wrote:
Initiative Roll = 11 dice
Initiative Score = 13
4 Passes

Did I get missed?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 pm

My apologies for the ongoing usefulness of Specter. It seems invisiblecastle doesn't like her anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 pm

No, you didn't get missed. You simply didn't roll high enough to get a free action during the Surprise round. I appologise to Kesslan for him having to post 3 actions in a row... It's certainly not ideal; but it's just the way things worked out.

@Darkon: I am REALLY enjoying your responses to the Crit Glitches! You're keeping us all amused! And since this game is all about amusement; you could make an argument that Specter is right now the most useful character in the game!!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:18 pm

True, it's a game after all. "We're all going to die because of my incompetence, but at least we're having a good time." Wink In a game, that is a valid achievment. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm

That reminds me of the time my D&D party got me killed by seconding to going and attacking a dragon when we were all level 2. At least they had the decency to scrape my remains into my helmet and find some own to resurrect me.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 pm

What?!? They put your remains in your helmet? What kind of warrior gets scraped in to a helmet? If you're not on a shield; you're not a real warrior!!!

Spartans! wrote:
"Come home with your shield. Or on it."
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Dwarven berserkers don't always have shields.

Also I think I may be stealing all of Darkons hits. I do not apologise. Clearly he crossed my path!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:21 pm

@Gala: My bad, if I had read all of your post I would have noticed Seij's spot in the initiative lineup. (I don't know why I sometimes act like I can't see or something)
Razz

@Darkon: Its more often that 'poor' dice rolls inspire the best roleplaying. I make dice rolls a lot when trying to come up with a good post, even when the called-for roll is good.

@Kesslan: At least the resurrection ritual was successful...imagine returning to 'life' as the helmet!
Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:27 pm

I was waiting my turn so ill post over the weekend or tomorrow if its all the sames to you guys i dont want to do a weak post just becuase i cant think working hard in the sun builds character but breaks you first Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Or if the helmet would have grown on after the resurrection. But then, he played a dwarf. Probably the whole incident wouldn't even have been noticed.

And Jagger, you're not the only one missing posts. The effect responsible is a human superpower called ignorance. Wink At least according to DEATH. The Terry Pratchett variant.

Poor dice rolls do really produce some of the funniest outcomes. One of my friends characters, a priestess, once knocked herself out with her own staff. On the first time she had to fight, or roll dice at all. Suffice to say, it saved her life. That way the orcs concentrated on us instead. Oh the fun we had.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Yes Darkon, the most memorable saves always happen that way...like when one of my cousins avoided a 'poison dart shot out of a wall' trap only because he'd bent down to pick up a dropped weapon.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 am

So... I'm not entirely certain how they did it - But it seems as though Specter's Fire Elementals have just learned the DND "Hide In Plain Sight" class feature. A couple of burning flames are somehow managing to be hide...

Nope - Wrong 0. The Perception test wasn't a glitch... It was merely a fail.

Hmm... How do we spin this? Ahh! I know! How about this: The truck is obviously possessed by those Fire Elementals... Because it's accelerating faster than it should be able to. And that's why Specter feels herself glued to the back of the truck seat... How's that?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Specter made the connection, her team is in combat= the elementals are attacking them. And she grasped the last straw to keep some of her dignity and/or sanity. Wink

That's my explanation for her thoughts and actions. Now though she simply can't find these elementals. Her being pressed into the seats is just normal accelleration I think. But her slow reaction comes from... well... being utterly confused, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:10 am

@Kesslan: I suppose it actually is a good thing you rolled smell...
Hearing: "Back! Hold back! They've got grenades!" - You're quite sure you heard correctly; and it was a different voice from the previous command of "Go, go, go, go". You hear other chatter and shouting, but can't make it out. They're making a fair bit of noise.
Smell: You smell the charred wood, grass, etc. that you would expect to smell from setting off a Grenade in a field. You don't smell charred meat...
Visual: There's not much to see at the moment. Whoever they are, they've held back behind tree line. They're clearly ready for something, but they haven't started doing it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 22 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next