Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

A Time For Secrets OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 8:03 am

@Ghostmaker
Even in a full-on blood rage, LT would be inclined to follow Kesslan's orders as leader of the team. This would, of course, necessitate that Kesslan gave LT an order to stand down, or for LT to ask Kesslan to make the decision.

@Gala
After reading Kesslan's above post about IP, I checked Seig's sheet and, yes, he too should have 4 Passes rather than 3. My mistake, but I'd sure like to have that extra Pass, if you would be so kind, dearest and most gracious Ms GM, please ma'am.
Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 8:12 am

@Jagger who read that over dude who gave a what? that was the bad guys or other group leader talking so my original ooc post is still valid... Kesslen has a sword in someone as we speak so idk really know what your saying, you really gotta look at stuff, but i understand, if you you misunderstood? maybe? ONE MORE THING i remember when Kess took the points for "LEADER" as i remember it LT was happy to see him step up to the plate... go back and read i was there and approved of it if he said stand down i would we are deciding now what i should do in my current angry state not kesslen's orders... or I am going over proper situational rp options is all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 8:16 am

A composure test is not necessary. You don't have any of the flaws that require a composure test, nor does becoming a Drake actually overhaul your personality. Neither, in fact, does becoming a Drake require "rage"; in most cases, it is likely that shifting to Drake form is a completely reasonable reaction. Conversely, most SR Dragons are the very height of composure.

In addition, you're welcome to take a negative quality for Poor Self Control if you would like. However, your "public" RP has been quite the opposite. Your actions and words have been almost entirely quite well controlled. You have an occasional outbreak, but who doesn't? Particularly considering the stress that the group has been under...
I would say, based on your RP, that your character has excellent self-control. There is the duality in your mind, the two voices, but they've remained there in your mind. And while it's fun for you to write about "rage" being the emotion that pulls the Drake out of your genetic capacity, as I mentioned above there is no reason for that to take you over. It's just an RP gimmick, which we've all appreciated, but still purely RP.

Long-story short: I don't see any reason to call for a composure test. On the contrary, to act rationally I think is appropriate to LT's RP. If you would like to act irrationally, I will need a good RP reason for that, and a composure test. And you may end up with a negative quality as a result.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 am

Thanks for that G i think i know what my next post is gonna be now lata oh ONE MORE THING I do plan to get rage i was kinda building it RP for that its a combat maneuver too and that's what i was gonna go on if you approve and i have the Karma later lol it would just be cool like incredible hulk type stuff is all as you said its fun to play it out... but has no real barring on the character as a whole or at least stat or game wises i believe... And I hope we are all enjoying at least... supposed to be fun right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 8:58 am

It's an excellent combat maneuver. And why would I tell you how to advance your character with the Karma that you earn?

Looking forward to your post. And everyone else's!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 10:47 am

Gala wrote:
@Darkon: Influence is not an area spell, so hitting Kesslan was unlikely, since you would have had to mistakenly target him (I rolled for him with a weighted probability).
No, I meant sending in another manaball might have hurt Kesslan. Since it's an area spell. Influence is single target and as such the most effective Specter (and I) could think of.

Cool Fortunately, the plan worked. Cool

About the drake shifting, as far as I understand, LT has not yet mastered the shifting, right? Also, the first shift, or the first few shifts, often occur when the character is under stress, strong emotions or when strong magic is around. I think the rage might induce shifting. On a purely instinctive level, yet. I'm sure LT will learn to shift forms at will soon. And then, the rage won't be necessary anymore.

By the way, I think he plays it really well. Smile

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Darkon wrote:
About the drake shifting, as far as I understand, LT has not yet mastered the shifting, right? Also, the first shift, or the first few shifts, often occur when the character is under stress, strong emotions or when strong magic is around. I think the rage might induce shifting. On a purely instinctive level, yet. I'm sure LT will learn to shift forms at will soon. And then, the rage won't be necessary anymore.
Yup, that's what I am saying. It's not that "rage" is needed; just a trigger of some sort. It could be Ashe casting a lightning bolt, or Specter casting a manaball. It could be a strong spirit passing by. It could be a "love at first sight" encounter. Anything that would trigger a strong reaction, regardless of what the circumstance is. And because "rage" itself is not the cause, merely one of the possible triggers, there is no call for a composure test.
As I said: becoming a Drake does not overhaul your personality. On the contrary, he's always been a Drake; he is just finding out about it now. While that could trigger a "personality crisis" if he likes, it is entirely at his own discretion and not required (nor should it be) by the rules. This is no different than awakening in that he'll have to go through a period of understanding, learn how to use it, what it means, and in the process he will incorporate it in to his mental definition of "self".

Agreed, his RP is great. I couldn't be happier with how he's been playing LT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Thank you guys. Glad LT or the rp of him is well recieved thats awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Gala, just to clarify, Seig is not making any move against the unknown group. He is just maintaining combat readiness in case any of them make a wrong move themselves.

I don't think any of what he did requires a roll, but roll I will if you deem it necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Gala wrote:
- To know any more than that, you'll need a perception check. Since you're potentially acting still in combat, you'll have to include the distracted penalty.

Since I'll need the perception results to determine how Kess will react I'll toss it up here first.

Astral: 1 Hit
Physical: 2 Hits

Right now the only real concern is determining if the target is dead/unconscious or not or if the target is still fighting etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 am

@Kesslan: The target is alive and conscious. The target is also definitely hurting. While his aura reveals that you did not, as it felt, penetrate the armor with your blade; his aura also reveals that your attack still managed to affect him like being hit by a car would have. Likely he only maintained his feet because of how tightly packed the group is.
Despite having just taken a fairly devastating attack, the target has also ceased fighting, per the commands of whomever it was who ordered their group to cease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Wed May 22, 2013 2:43 pm

On the intimidation side of things right now Kess is probably up there if not the best equipped for it. He's got Intimidation (mental) 1(3) with a charisma of 4 (Bumping that up to 7) and then is presently brandishing one of his swords that has Custom Look 2 which incidentally actually gives him 2 bonus dice on intimidation tests, taking his total to 9 dice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Wed May 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Yup, he's got Ashe beat by 50% for intimidation. If he rolled that as a "supplemental" roll, acting in concert with Ashe as a teammate, his successes can add to her Interrogation dice pool. Incidentally, Ashe and Kesslan have worked together before on Interrogating; so they may actually realize that they make a good team.
For Kesslan to think of that, I would call it a Logic (1) test, just to reason out that Ashe makes a good partner in Interrogation (or a Memory (1) test to remember that she was a good partner the last time). For Ashe or Specter to think of it is unlikely.

Amusingly, I think that the rules allow for Ashe to assist Kesslan on Intimidation, and then for Kesslan's Intimidation roll to assist Ashe on Interrogation. Similarly amusingly, that kind of scenario actually makes real-life sense too... Think:
Two guys walk in to the room.
The one introduces himself and his accomplice as "Interrogator" and "Intimidator" calmly (thus assisting the intimidation process).
The "Intimidator" does not speak.
The "Intimidator" pulls out his tools and starts looking them over (or, in Kesslan's case, pulls out his big, scary, personalized blade).
Then the "Intimidator" looks are the "Interrogator" for approval.
The "Interrogator" nods, and the "Intimidator" steps forward.
"Wait."
The "Interrogator" says quietly, the "Intimidator" stops (thus assisting the interrogation process).

By the way, Kesslan, if you intimidate the guy you hit with that sword first, you get an additional bonus on top of that 9. I can't remember if it's +2 or +3, but certainly not something to ignore. Also, if the group is allowed to collude a bit before interrogation starts, and the guy you hit talks about how much damage you did to him with his friends, you may get that bonus against them too. And with a Mental Intimidation skill of 3, you would know that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Thu May 23, 2013 8:52 am

sorry i missed that i am up, Sad

will post soon, hopefully tonight if not then tomorrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 am

@Kouryuu: Well, combat is over for the moment, so you're not really "up" in the sense that we're all waiting for you. That said, you are there in the room, and I have provided your character with information. It would be nice to see a post from you...

@Darkon: Ashe responded to Specter.

@Ghostmaker: I've held off reminding you of this for the entire combat, because you should remember on your own. But LT is effectively invisible. He is sneaking, with reasonable success, he has chameleon coating, and he has a Spirit further increasing the difficulty of noticing him. Since LT's actions were appropriate to that, I didn't mind that you personally had forgotten. But combat is now over, so you may want to act accordingly. The enemy cannot see you right now, and likely wouldn't even see you if they flashed their lights at you.
- For an example of that: read the post that I wrote about when they were shooting at where the lightning bolt came from, and you took the bullets. Give a careful read about how they didn't happen to notice you, even then. What they saw was a "black shadow" in their light beams. And it's meant literally. They noticed your shadow as you dove in front; but they didn't notice you, and therefore didn't track you with their rifles.

@Jagger: See what I wrote for Ghostmaker/LT above. It all applies to Seij as well, except the Chameleon coating, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri May 24, 2013 6:51 am

@Kesslan: Great post! And great job utilizing the sword to it's maximum benefit!
- You get the +3 bonus for utilizing the enemy you had already injured. He cringes backward against his tightly pressed teammates.
- You get an additional +2 because the enemy assumes that you and your team outnumber them.
- And you get another +2 because the enemy is impressively intimidated by the fact that somehow you outnumber them, but you and Specter are the only ones they can actually see.
I believe that brings your total to 16 dice for this test.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Intimidation Roll @ 17 Dice: 7 Hits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Sun May 26, 2013 7:12 am

Nice roll kess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 28, 2013 7:22 am

As an FYI: Since Eleanor just translated for everyone, you all could contribute to the conversation now. Either directly, in English, through Eleanor as a translator, or through Kesslan. Of course, getting Eleanor or Kesslan to speak for you may require some discussion. But that doesn't mean you wouldn't try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Tue May 28, 2013 7:15 pm

yeah LT is marveling at the whole arm thing mentally and is watching the could be azies for twitches or anything hostal not much to say there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Wed May 29, 2013 6:44 am

Ok, so if no one else is going to post, Kesslan: you're up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Thu May 30, 2013 11:01 am

Nicely done Darkon. Amusingly, Specter is the only one other than Kesslan who is currently visible to them. Of course, if LT and Seij stand still for long enough it is inevitable that they'll be noticed eventually. But with their chameleon and the spirit's concealment, it could take a while.
Ashe would be visible if she wasn't standing behind the end of one of the warehouse stacks... But being shot at has a way of keeping you behind cover. Usually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Thu May 30, 2013 11:11 am

Well said G i grew up around silly people, but they taught me you here a shot duck and cover lol no really that's what i was told when i moved there at six kids are full of good local information... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Thu May 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Thank you Gala. I wanted to put in more for fluff, but I just couldn't think of any. My brain is still drained from a hard week. Luckily today is a holiday. Anyway, imagine that waif of a girl in dark clothes, completely covered, standing there trying to look threatening. Wink

On the other hand, there is no heavy weaponry visible on her. The gun still holstered inside her coat. So I guess she might look even more impressive under the circumstances.

Is the enhance reflexes spell still active? Just in case they start shooting again. Wink

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 pm

My pleasure - and we like fluff! Yeah, considering she is illuminated only by barrel-mounted flashlights, she probably looks something like the mystical Banshee would... I'd guess that it's a pretty startling look.

Yes, the spell is still active. Ashe will maintain it until she feels safe - which at this point likely means she'll continue the spell until the group is back on the jet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next