Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRuger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? Empty
PostSubject: Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?   Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:46 pm

If the base DV for a heavy pistol is 5P, and firing in a narrow burst adds +2 to a firearm's DV...
Shouldn't a Ruger Thunderbolt have a DV of 7P?
Its the weapon's only firing mode, but that should not decrease the damage, should it?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?   Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 pm

The typical Heavy Pistol DV is 5 but that doesn't necessarily mean there's no variation at all. Look at Sniper Rifles, they range from a DV of 7 to a DV of 9 and an AP of -3 to -4.

Heavy Pistols equally have a range of 5-8P.

Also last I checked the base DV for a thunderbolt was 5P. This is it's base damage and doesn't, as far as I know, include the modifier for burst fire. Guns are usually listed by their base, 'per bullet' damage code and then they list their firing modes (As some guns have multiple firing modes). You then apply the appropriate modifier and burst fire can be used different ways, some of which do not increase your DV.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?   Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Yes but the Thunderbolt's only firing mode (unmodified) is burst fire and it can only shoot in narrow bursts. Shouldn't the stats then show its DV as 7P?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?   Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:14 pm

In my mind, if it showed the base damage as DV 7P, people would get confused and then try to add the +2 again. Lets face it, not all of us are exactly geniuses.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?   Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 pm

I'd have to agree with Wrek's viewpoint on it. People already try to read into the rules waaaaayyy to much as it is half the time.

Aditionally, you need to know what the actual base damage of the weapon is, as the 'base damage' assumes (unless the gun stats say otherwise) 'normal' ammunition, but you can load most firearms with almost any kind of specialized ammo, some of which will boost the base DV (Such as EX and EX-EX)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?   Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:17 am

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some crucial rule or modifier that would negate the +2 for narrow bursts.
Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?   Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruger Thunderbolt: Listed DV Error?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: