Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm

In regards to the perception rolls to see if the lines are alarmed, the results seem somewhat inconclusive. They might be, or they might not. Given the distance from the poles where they attach and how small the wire is along with present lighting conditions it's a touch difficult to tell. If they are wired to an alarm system the connection would be somewhere inside of the poles that seem to be supporting them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:34 pm

and I assume the full battery of optics at our disposal are making no difference in that regard as well then? Alright, on to how to defeat a Maglock *goes to look it up*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

So after looking at it, and realizing I don't have the skills, I must defer to Ms. Scarlet for bypassing the maglocks. Hardware+Logic (maglock rtgx2, 1 combat turn) + another Hardware+Logic (anti-tamper rtg) test to bypass any anti-tamper systems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm

@Mikel Amroni & Yogismith: Darkon posed a question, and we need it answered.
Darkon wrote:
Darkons eyebrows narrowed. "I will have the spirit cut the wires around the door so we can land. We have to get in one way or the other. Unless anyone of you can tell me there are sensors attached to them. Then I will take a look inside astrally. And then we can proceed." He looked at the others inquisitive. "Or do you have a better idea?"

@Yogismith: Per Mikel's previous comment, we're waiting on you to hack the door.

Did I miss anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Mon May 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Mon May 06, 2013 3:30 pm

U huh...

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 am

Mikel Amroni wrote:
So after looking at it, and realizing I don't have the skills, I must defer to Ms. Scarlet for bypassing the maglocks. Hardware+Logic (maglock rtgx2, 1 combat turn) + another Hardware+Logic (anti-tamper rtg) test to bypass any anti-tamper systems

There's also maglock pass keys if anyone bought one.

As to determining if the monowire is hooked up to an alarm, under present circumstances it's not possible to tell just by simply looking at it. If you got close enough and used macro enhanement or something similar you might be able to see a connector if there was one. However keep in mind it's A) Monowire, meaning it's thinner than even a spider web B) It's night time. Even with low-light vision it's still not quite the same thing as daytime C) the wires all terminate somewhere inside a metal tube which could easily be concealing any leads inside said tubes and thus be entirely hidden from view unless you can cut one open or have the optics to see through the object in question.

Even then there's potentially ways to bypass or fool possible alarms if you have the right gear. However there's a reason such systems are not easy to do that to.

Finally I'm also using this mission as more of an excuse to get you all working together so it's not entirely in my interest to kill you all until you stumble into the cyanide gas and killbot filled death trap inside.

Err I mean...

The Candy Cave of Candy Mountain!

Go on in Charlie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 07, 2013 6:19 am

(Gash hopes he doesn't miss the cyanide gas and killbot filled death trap.)
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 pm

I think I prefer the Candy Cave of Candy Mountain. You know, all things considered...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 07, 2013 2:02 pm

One thing is for sure... Kesslan spends a lot of time on YouTube...
Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Wed May 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Well I guess we should skip Yogi at this point. He's not been on the board since the 26th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Sat May 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Can we assume Yogis character has attempted to hack the sensors and can give us an aswer whether it has worked or not? Then Galathea can do its thing with the monowire.

thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Mon May 20, 2013 10:10 am

Works for me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Mon May 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Sorry, was out of town for a few days.

Aye. In the sake of fairness do either of you want to post up some rolls for him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 21, 2013 6:47 am

I wouldn't mind, but I don't see Scarlet on your character sheet roster. And I can't find a character sheet roster for him at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

Oh my bad.

I thought I'd posted it to the sheets section, apparently not.

Anyway Scarlet has an R4 Sequencer which might do the trick, as well as a computer tool kit that would probably have most of the right tools. Given she actually specializes in maglocks she's got 14 dice to toss into the test, which is penalized by a lack of the proper tools to get the lock casing off if the sequencer doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Ok, here's the Sequencer roll with the 14 dice pool + the R4 sequencer: 6 hits

As I've mentioned in the past: I don't have my books at work, so if this needs to be more than a simple roll, just let me know and I'll do it all over, correctly, once I'm home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Pretty sure a sequencer just rolls it's own rating vs system rating or some such.

The maglock electronics skill is for manually breaking in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Wed May 22, 2013 6:42 am

Well, in that case we had better hope that the lock rolls a critical glitch on the opposed test... 0 hits, not a glitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 am

Ok I forgot one step.

For a sequencer to be used you have to still remove the outer casing (HW+Logic vs Macklock rating x2 1 combat turn extended test). bypassing the anti-tamper systems (4) (HW+Logic test) and then the sequencer rolls it's raising vs the device rating.

Removing the case is fairly easy as it is literally just a matter of time. Bypassing the Anti-Tamper systems though is the critical part as that determines if an alarm is triggered or not. So in this case just roll the 14 dice pool and hope for 4 hits and do another roll for the sequencer to try again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Wed May 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Ok, got it. Here goes:

Bypassing the anti-tamper systems: 5 hits

Sequencer roll: 3 hits

Wow - not often I see a 75% success rate on a roll! I hope it's good enough!!

Also, just for a time measurement, I figured you would like to run the tests for removing the case. See here for the first 5 rolls: 7, 4, 4, 5, 4 If that's not enough I'll be happy to dump another 5. I realize it's easy, but it's good to know how long it took, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Wed May 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Ok, so at this point the door is successfully bypassed and opened. The only question remains do any of you do anything else while Scarlett is busy with the door?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 am

Nothing for me.
Shah'Grim has been rolling poorly on her perceptions and astral perceptions. I've been RPing the results of her roll as "she's a bit fuzzy from concentrating on the spell" or something of the sort. So, from her perspective, she's mostly tapped out until she lands and releases the spell.
While that's obviously not the case, every roll is different, and the -2 penalty from sustaining the spell really doesn't affect most of her dice pools to crippling levels, she's come to the conclusion that this spell requires more of her focus than she anticipated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

Cause you know, magic users = sacks of potatoes

8 body and 8 strength should allow me to handle his weight stationary or even at a slow walk for a short time anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:39 am

Heh, over the shoulder... Of course you did!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next