Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.
 
Shadowrun HomeHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Share | 
 

 Chance at the Majors IC

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:50 pm

The mid morning hours are usually down time for a runner. Whether that be catching up on sleep, cleaning their guns, honing their blades, hacking their neighbor's PAN to have a pizza delivered or even going down to a local range or martial arts club to try and improve their skills. Most action takes place at night right? Under the cover of darkness That's why its called a Shadowrun isn't it? Many runs are even on the weekend when personnel are at home and security is bored and dozing.

Well, not today. This morning you took a call from a friend. It seems that a friend of that friend is in need of some "professional" assistance. The sort that doesn't come with too many strings attached. It appears that a meeting is taking place at high noon. in Freeway Park, smack in the middle of Downtown Seattle. The meeting starts on the dot at midday and ends exactly one hour later. The attendants need to be assured that nobody is going to disturb them during that time. That's where you come in. For that hour, you will be performing exterior security.

Catalina:
Angelo walked into the exercise room. Catalina knew better than to stop her routine until told to, but she was curious. Angelo never came in until 10:45. It was only 10:20. After watching Catalina go through the maneuver two more times, Angelo spoke. Which was also odd as the normal routine was that he would simple pick up her towel to indicate the exercise period was over and that it was time to shower before lunch.

You have been selected for an operation. I will give you what information I can, but it is limited. First, you will be operating alone. I will drop you off and pick you up, but I will not be with you during the Op. You will be working with an outside team. You will be working as security for a high level meeting in a public park. The meeting will be exactly one hour. No one, I mean NO ONE, is to be admitted to the building after 12:00 PM. The clients must be kept safe and unaware of any attempt to breach security. You will be required to do your own research on the location and suroundings. I am not permitted to help you, but you can use the facility's database until exactly 11:05. You must be in the carpool by 11:10. You may continue to do any research on the matrix until I drop you off to meet the others at 11:30 at THE Sports Bar. Understood? Good. Go prepare.

With that, Angelo turns and walks out the door, refusing to even acknowledge any uncertainty in Catalina's eyes.

Smoken D:
Annice's voice fills Smoken D's ears and she launches into a monologue that he begins to suspect is being delivered on a single breath.

Hey D, it's Annice. Charlie said you were looking to break into the scene. I've got an opportunity for you. A meet is going down at 12 PM sharp at Freeway Park. The staff meeting will take place at 11:30 at THE Sports Bar. Listen, D. This is your chance to play with the big boys. Don't screw it up. My rep is on the line here. I chose you because the job will require lots of counter surveillance and security. I know you've got more eyes than sense sometimes, but you'll have to do. I've got to run, hun. I'll touch base with you later. Oh, and this one is on the house, but next time you'll owe me.

Before he can even respond to her, Annice disconnects the line. Well, so much for a warm hello.


Joker:
Joker was in the middle of saying a prayer over the last body to receive it's final rites when an insistent ringing interrupted him. He started again, but the ringing just got louder. After a few more attempts he started getting irritated and began searching for the incessant noise maker. Just as the ringing reached a point where he thought his head would explode, he woke up.

It was his commlink and the display was showing 11:38 am. Who the dreck would be calling him that early on a Monday? Checking the caller ID he saw a familiar Alias and a grin split his face. It had been weeks since he had heard from his brothers on the east coast. The familiar voice of Murphy came across the line when he answered.

Aye brother, how is the Soggy City treating you? I heard from Kyle you took the apartment he had. Good. We may be a continent apart, but family takes care of its own. That being said, I've got a job fer ya. A meeting is going down at Freeway Park at noon. This is your chance to show Conner that you can stand on your own. You're going to meet with a team to get further details on the job at THE Sports Bar, Keep your head low in that place and take lots of notes while you're there. You probably need to clean it out one day, but it isn't today. Remember why you are there, we need to gather as much information about the scum of that city as we can before we start cleaning it up. Be at the meet by 11:30 or you'll be out of the job and I'll have to start paying your rent. Conner will love that h'will. Listen, if you need anything, let me know. But I've got to take care of something else right now. Be safe, brother.

As Murphy hung up, Joker realized that he'd been given two jobs. One that paid, and one that he would do for free until they buried him with the other Saints.

Teckster:
Teckster was busy trying to find an upgrade for his latest acquisition. The new cheap midgrade Agent he'd gotten had a bug and it needed to be patched. It figured, that's what he got for getting his White Ice from some unknown warez site. He really should just stick to the Crackers Underground, but their prices weren't always affordable. He had just started the patch download when he got an incoming video chat blip from Hammerhead.
As soon as Hammerhead saw Teckster's icon in in HUD he started talking.

Hey kid, Blain says you need work. I've got a line on something that is right up your alley. You'll be running overwatch for a team doing some security for some movers and shakers at Freeway Park. Be at THE Sports Bar at 11:30 sharp if you want to get paid. The job is only an hour and should be pretty low key. This is a good way to get noticed by those that should, but only if you keep them from being noticed by those that shouldn't. So Ka, omae? Later, kid. I've got biz to attend.

Hammerhead was a bit abrasive, but he did know people. Well, he knew people who knew people. And that was more people than Teckster knew. If he said this was a good chance to earn some cred (either type was need at this point) then it was probably best to go along. That's when he realized it was already 11:00! He needed to move fast if he was going to make it to the meet!

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Snuffing his cigarette in one of the many ashtrays scattered around his apartment he walks over to his work closet, humming an off-key tune. Quickly he slipps into a grey jumpsuit followed by an empty shoulder holster and finally his battered brown lined coat. Dressed he picks up several packs of cigarettes and a lighter, lighting one up while stuffing the packs into various pockets.
Comm.... Drones.... Guns? He mutters as he looks over his small selection of gear. He quickly pockets his comm, his fake SIN, GPS, his trauma and stim patches, One electronic paper some credsticks Just in case. and even, after a hesitant thought, the Jammer and White Noise generator.
Finishing his smoke he heads for the door before catching himself. Guns! He goes back to his bed and pulls out a Predator and stuffs it along with two spare clips into the should rig. My SMG is in the car... probably gonna need that. Have Lucy follow me with the drones. Ya that works. With a mental command his apartment goes dark and he rushes down and out. 'Martha' his battered looking sedan purrs to life as he approaches and pats her before jumping in. With a little effort he wakes up 'Lucy' the GMC Bulldog and instructs her to follow him.
Okay D, no screwing this up. He lights up another smoke and jumps into Martha, the two of them smoothly maneuvering their way through traffic to the meet. A half block back follows Lucy, her windows tinted dark to hide her emptiness. Here we are..... that point of no return is coming up real fast. Eyes wide open time.

With almost ten minutes to spare he pulls into the parking lot and climbs out. Another cigarette is lit, giving him time to scan over the parking lot and bar. And here we go. He fishes a battered old engineers hat that's lost it's colors long ago and now matches his jumpsuit and, with his hands stuffed into his pockets and cigarette dangling, he saunters calmly up to the doors.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Smoken D had arrived early. There was still at least 30 minutes before the meet. The bar itself looked like any other typical sports bar. There were a plethora of wide view vid displays on every wall, and sports memorbila festooned every other square inch of wall space. It had a fully stocked bar. There were only two guys inside as Smoken D entered.

One was obviously a delivery guy. He was holding out an electronic signature pad for the cases of synthohol he had just put next to the door by the bar. The one signing the sheet was a short white guy with greasy dark hair and was wearing a track suit. Wat kin oi get ya? he says with a slight North Jersey accent.

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Arctic a real job for a change I guess my idea to hack and grab for info to sell can wait. Teckster walks over to his soycaf machine and pored the pot into a travel mug. Stripping down to his boxers Teckster pulls on his form fitting armor some black cargos a black t-shirt then a hoody. Drinking a swig of soycaf Teckster continues getting ready. Strap on my preditor in it's holster. Placing a stick and shock clip in first the other 3 clips go in the inside pock of his Black Long coat. Goggles in place and his survival kit in his cargo pant pocket, opposite his stim patches. Now I just need to put the big stuff in the trunk of the car, but first time for the mana edge so I can keep up with the wire junkies if we get into a drake throwing contest. With that thought Teckster focuses his will as he grabs onto the mana around him to cast his increased reflexes spell. (See OOC section)

With the mana giving Teckster a bit of back lash he locks the spell in place with his sustaining focus. Woo that made me dizzy I was going to get myself a spirit to aid me too but maybe I'll just stop with the reflexes for now spirit up hear in a bit if needed. With those thoughts Teckster moves onto getting the rest of his gear. Directional Jammer and electronics kits are put into the truck of his car, had his "work" Comm link in his frount pocket of his pants and a case of rolled smokes on the other side. There lets get rolling... Teckster gets in his car and just as he is about to leave he decides to make one detour on the way to buy his AR gloves. So he searches for a store to get them then heads out. (see OOC) Making sure he would make the meet in time. Keeping his comm link running it's analyze and stealth program well staying in hidden mod unless entering an area that would alert suspicion if not in passive mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Black tea in a large cup and a cider. He answers from around his smoke. Picking a table with a good view of the door and the bar he settles in and starts checking the feeds for anything interest. Settling finally on an Urban Brawl 'Year in Review' Special he sits back to wait.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Teckster:
It only took a few seconds for Teckster's search to come back with a dozen possible locations in the general vicinity. The one that looked like it would keep him on time though was the Redmond Center just off the 520. It would be close, but so long as the traffic on the floating bridge wasn't too bad he'd make it.

Smoken D:
The greasy bartender looks Smoken D squre in the eye for a few seconds with a stony face. After what seemed like an eternity he doubled over the counter laughing. Hey Chris! Ya ear this guy? 'e wants tea. In a large cup. And a cider! Bwa! Ha ha ha ha!

The delivery guy, "Chris" joined in with the bartender as he starts to drag his little handcart, with a single closed box still on, it out of the bar. Next thing ya know, some kid'll walk in 'ere wantin' milk! he shot back. With that, he left waving his hand at the still chuckling bartender. I'll see you Thursday like usual, Tony.

Still chuckling "Tony" came over to Smokin D's table and put a cup of hot water with a generic tea bag in it. Best I can do for you, he said trying to stifle another chuckle. I ain't got no cider. But I can get your a Shirley Temple. Ha ha ha! He walked back over to the bar still laughing.

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:16 pm

When Angelo entered the training room Catalina worked that much harder. She new it was pointless to try and impress him, but her conditioning compelled here to be at her very best in his presence. She pushed herself, and then time was up. She could tell as Angelo spoke, and she Jumped to attention from her current push ups positioning... She tried to gauge how Angelo was feeling. She never could. Only sometimes, usually when it meant the most, he would let some of his guard down... Through out her training it had been all the affection she required, but surly not enough for the average Semi adult. She listened intently to the words he spoke, making note of key points, but she had Already missed the big part... "Wait did he say I would be alone on this..." she thought.

The female half of the firtilo Units were never apart during a mission, but this would most likely change one day... Or so Catalina had been told... She did not know it, but this was the test run. All the time she'd spent with Angelo training her was for these special types of missions. "But Ange...lo..." She started to speak, to beg him to stay, to talk to her, but he had already turned his back, and was leaving. She had been given her orders... She bit her lip simply stating "Yes sir." Then she hit the showers...

Eight minutes later she was drying out her hair in her room. When Hilda another half of a different firtilo unit, and Catalina's room mate skipped in... Hey! Catalina what's up...!?! Catalina looked up even blow drying her hair she could still hear the words of the always chipper Hilda... "Going on mission." Catalina said a drooping frown on her face... "Stellar!!" Hilda said with out missing a beat... "You get to go off grounds, for how long, your so lucky, this is your first mission you get to I'm... press... What's wrong? Why so glum...?" Catalina looked to her, pleading on the young women's face. "Angelo said he's not coming. I'm going alone." As she spoke she tightened the robe around her waste and sat down at the rooms computer. "As for where I'm going this is it." She spoke the name of the place Angelo said she was going to be guarding, which essentially was what she was doing in this mission... The computer put it up on screen, and she studied the place, looking for key points of entry to be watched while on mission or for Hasty exits and well anything else she could find out that would help... "THAT! is sooo cool you get to go out alone! The others are gonna freak when they here this!!!" Hilda smiled and spoke happily, she was truly proud of her room mate for being given this mission... "I don't want to go, and you can't tell the others" Catalina said plainly as she studied the map in detail, without looking up she made Hilda promise not to tell. Now Hilda was frowning...Her juicy bit of gossip swallowed up by glum Catalina's wishes... "Promise me" Catalina said as she got up and walked over to her bed, reaching under the pillow, and extracting the modified Ingram Smart Gun X It was a gift from Angelo, when he first taught her to shoot, it was under the pillow because she slept with it... "Fine fine." Hilda said "But can i tell them when you get back from your mission..." Hilda countered over joyed at her new idea... "Sure" Catalina said "Now what to wear." She had been given a form fitting suit for stealth missions, but this was guard duty... And she did not want to give herself away as a guard she needed to blend this time.

Essentially she went with the, Zoé: Executive blouse, under it she strapped her arm guards. It was poofy and worked for her, Lastly the Synergist Slacks, and Vashon Island: Steam-punk overcoat Under which she had strapped and Velcroed her Sub-Machine gun to the back inside of the Jacket with clips on the insides left and right it had been modified to hold such items without much problem, of course she had checked the weapons to make sure they were in working order, and Hilda helped loading the sub-machine gun for her with ex-explosive rounds. "You can never be too careful Michael says..." Hilda quoted her handler's words. "Thanks" Catalina replied still looking glum and she pushed a button on her disposable COM that she was given for missions it was usually turned in after the mission but she'd forgotten to last time and no one had mentioned it so she never thought twice about it... It started to download all info she had been committing to memory, to her COM from the computer unit on the desk...

"Ok ready to go" she said trying to put her game face on... "Ummm Catalina maybe your looking at this the wrong way..." Hilda hesitantly chirped in "What do you mean Hilda?" "Well you said Angelo's not going with you, and you act like he would not if he could, but well maybe... Maybe your getting a chance to show him just how good you are. Maybe after this mission he'll never leave your side. Once he sees he can trust you in the field i mean. What good are we if they have to watch us all the time, like a baby sitter... Angelo maybe accepted this mission because he trusts you can do it..." Catalina looked out the window and smiled. "Maybe..." she looked back to Hilda. "Do you think that's why he's sending me alone really..." "Well Michael never sends me anywhere he wouldn't go, he says a general should never send his troops to do anything, he wouldn't do himself..." Catalina's face beamed at the idea of Angelo approving of her performance... She reached under the bed and took out her case it looked similar to a metal suit case, and with a devilish grin said "Thanks Hilda I feel sorry now." Hilda looked perplexed "What now!" she whined... Catalina finished her outfit with a ponytail and two bangs hanging over her face... As she walked out the door she looked back to Hilda who brought her, her AR Gloves, sub-vocal mic, and contact lenses, and whom was still waiting for an answer, and said. "I feel sorry for anyone attacking the area I'm charged with..." and she closed the door to go meet Angelo at the carpool near the white Italian sports car he always drove.... Hilda was left alone and she just smiled...

Catalina had an uneventful drive, though truly she loved Angelo's car. It was always a treat to get in, and dash around with him... And she believed he knew that. When they arrived at the sports bar eyes were all on Angelo's Sports car. She did not get out right away she was hoping for last minute instructions on how to deal with this meet, but she knew he would offer little advice. He had said she would receive no back up from him, and she understood that. But she waited anyway. Maybe he would say something... After all Catalina had never been to a meet, had never had a mission, and the whole time they trained Angelo had been right beside her. Who was going to take his place, and could she really put her trust in them like she'd trusted Angelo, Who had given her, her name. She looked at the sports bar through tented windows and said "I'v studied the area being watched over any last advice about this... meet sir...?"


Last edited by Ghostmaker on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:33 pm

He smiles curtly at the bartender. Heh, Charly was right. Nobody carries cider. REAL Tea! Who would have imagined they'd actually have real tea... He sniffs at the aroma and sighs Yes! Real Tea! Now that's an auspicious sign.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Siona:
Siona woke up with a splitting headache. There was a stale taste in her mouth and she felt a little off. But it was nothing a strong cup of coffee and a hot bowl of honey drenched oatmeal couldn't cure. Her commlink started buzzing again. That was what had woken her. As she opened her eyes she realized she wasn't in her room. She didn't recognize the place, but she was still wearing all her clothes and most of the unconscious bodies seemed to just be sleeping off whatever had put them down.

She looked at the blinking message light on her commlink. She started to remember. She'd met that cute boy at the club and he'd asked her to come to an after party. There had been punch? It was all fuzzy after that.

Her commlink started buzzy again. It was Elaine. A cousin of sorts who was also exiled. She wouldn't talk about why though. She answered as quietly as she could.

So the child wants to act like an adult huh? Elaine's voice dripped scorn. If you don't want your parents finding out about your behavior, then you need to go do something for me. I owe someone a favor and you're going to repay it for me. It's time you put all those lovely little skills the family taught you to use. Be at THE Sports Bar by 11:30. You'll meet with a group of people to do a job. It's a simple guard duty. Keep unwanted people out of a pavilion in Freeway Park downtown from noon to 1 PM. That's right you're going to get a bit more money out of this than the pittance your parents dole out to you each month. Don't be late honey, or I may not continue keeping your secrets.

It was 10:48. DRECK!! She raced out of the apartment already hailing a cab. If she was lucky she'd be able to make it to her apartment and grab her gear before she was late getting to this place Elaine was sending her to. She'd never had a job before. She wondered what it would be like to go to work for a living. And if it would keep Elaine on her good side and her parents off her back, all the better! She could do it!

Smoken D:
His first sip of the tea was almost his last. He couldn't figure it out. It was real tea, but... soy tea tasted better! What was this dreck? He couldn't decide if it was just that he hadn't had a real cup of tea in ages, or if it was just the worst tea every cured. He took another sip and decided that the hot liquid wasn't all that bad. The caffeine was certainly real enough if the tingling starting in his jaw was any indication.

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Well I'll risk the time spent to get the AR gloves, it shouldn't take long. As I get closer I'll drop the order over the matrix before I walk in that should speed things up a bit. With a plan laid out and his spell making Teckster a bit twitchy it was time to pull up an AR news cast to watch on his drive to the story fallowed by the meet. Lets start with the top stories then move on to anything else they have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 38
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:50 am

”Darn, what's this taste?” She was still fully dressed. Or maybe again? ”That ungrateful woman...” And to think Elaine had acted sympathetical to my situation... If she needs a job to be done she could just have asked. So what if my parents know? It isn't as if they haven't sent me away already. I should let Elaine down. Just to show I am not getting messed with like this. Siona shook her head to clear it, slowly standing up from the floor. The revealing outfit clinging to her like a slice of pizza one slept on. What she could see of it wasn't stained, just a bit sweated through. Someone nearby groaned. ”Nah, she's the only family I have left in this hellhole of a city. I'll give her a chance.” The girl shrugged. ”Maybe it'll be fun.”
She made a step and staggered. Where in the underworld is my other shoe? The guy next to her held it in his hand. I remember him. He was the boy with the cute butt and the tightest trousers. Smirking, she took the shoe from his barely resisting hand. ”Sorry guy, I need it back now.” She said, which only brought out a groan in response.
Just as she wanted to put it on again, Siona noticed the insides of the shoe were covered with something sticky. It smelled of strawberries. Ugh! Don't they know here that you only drink Champaign out of a shoe?”
She found a bathroom, more or less carefully stepping over sleeping and comatose partygoers. There she washed out the shoe, then sighed and washed her face, the arms and drenched her hair. It helped to make her feel metahuman again.

Five little eternities later, she was going down in an elevator, calling for a taxi on her comlink. When she stepped onto the street, the car pulled up in front of the exit. Without missing a beat, she went in onto the backseat. ”Get me downtown first. I'll need to get home first anyway. I should be just in time.” The driver spoke up: ”Lady, I don't know what you're talking about. Why can't you immigrants learn our language first?” He looked over his shoulder at her and gawked at her. Of course she was a sight to behold. And her glamour made her even more desireable. Slowly, he spoke: ”Ex-Cuse Me Miss! I Do Not Speak El-Vish... Where Do You Want To Go?”
Darn this stupid country with its stupid language. And of course this stupid human isn't capable of the one proper language. Out of habit she had been talking Sperethiel the whole time. Siona stated her adress in english, which she spoke with a heavy sperethiel accent that, as someone once told her made her even sexier. Hadn't that been the cute butted guy last night? Whatever I've taken last night, next time I should take less.

The drive itself was uneventful, if one tunes out the drivers attempts to flirt with her. Siona certainly did tune it out. The elf didn't acknowledge the human anymore until they reached her home. I should have taken one of these automated cabs. Nevertheless, I am running out of time. ”Wait here, I will be back in a minute.” Hastily, she ran upstairs to her apartment. She dropped out of her clothes, putting them in the laundry basket. Then she got her body armor. After all, it might become dangerous. ”Where did I put the cane again? Oh right.” She noticed a pack of cigarrettes on the table. Seems Elaine had forgotten them. Not the brand her relative usually smoked. Siona shrugged and took them. Just to annoy her watchdog. Medkit? Sure, why not? You never know. The girl put the various equipment parts into pockets of her clothing and coat, then rushed out downstairs again.

When she got into the taxi and told the driver where she wanted to go next, Siona was surprised he knew exactly where she wanted to go. ”Of course. It's THE sports bar in town. I go there every time the Peckers play.”

At least he is useful for that much. She spent the rest of the drive in silence. And hungry. In all the hurry, she had completely forgotten to eat something.

Siona paid the driver off her comlink and entered the bar. Looking around she wasn't overly impressed. Sports. Not really my thing. The elf stepped over to the bar.
By now she had regained her elegance and poise. The long hair, coloured in all the hues of the rainbow, cascaded down her shoulders. Sionas eyes shimmered, depending on the infall of light, in all colours as well. Like the wings of a dragonfly. Smiling her most charming smile, she asked: ”Hello. Say, do you have sandwiches? And maybe a glass of milk? I didn't get to have breakfast yet.” She knew well of her effect on others. Especially when she put a pleading in her voice like she did now.

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Teckster gets to the Redmond Center just off the 520. He did speed a little to get there but no Knights noticed so no problem. With his order already send to the store as he parked he should make the meet with a bit of time to spare. Teckster steps out of his car right into a deep wet puddle. [Son of a Drake. Sure this stuff always happens to me. With his leg drenched in rain water half way up to his knee Teckster enters the store. In a few minutes he was done and ready to head to the meet. My shopping list is done now it is time to line my pockets with nuyen... Well hopefully. Teckster takes the quickest route to the sports bar.

After taking a few minutes to find a parking spot Teckster parks and makes it into the Sports Bar in time for the meeting. With his leg still dripping wet Teckster walks into the bar smoking a hand rolled cig blowing smoke into the air not really sure if it was non smoking and at the moment not really caring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello! Not something you see every day. Even with the distraction of his mystery tea he cannot help but notice the truly colorful young woman as she walks in. I don't believe this is your normal drinking hole any more than mine, curious. He lights a new cigarette off his last one while he idly watches her through a veil of smoke, waiting for the clock to finally reach 11:30. I flippen hate waiting.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:43 am

Siona:
She had made good time. Living on Queen Ann Hill, even if it wasn't the Posh North side, had it's benefits. And despite being a dirty human, the taxi driver knew his city and how to get around the typical traffic jams. She arrived at the place at 11:18. Plenty of time.

The greasy round ear that turned to her in THE Sports Bar with his plethora of gaudy chains and his ridiculous track suit screemed low-class at her. But that's what one gets when one goes strolling through the trash. She took pleasure from the way his smirk turned into a slack jawed stare as he spun to face her.

His usual banter died on his lips when he saw the girl. She was the most beautiful, if unusual, woman he'd ever seen. Uh... uh... yeah the kitchen just opened up. We have a soy-turkey club that's pretty good. The cheese is real. We don't have any milk though, uh... sorry? I can have someone go to the Quickstop down the street and get some soy-milk though. He hesitated for a moment. Would that be okay? He didn't even wait for her response. He was already dialing. Yeah, Lil' T. I need you to bring me a pint of soy-milk now. No, don't give me that. I don't care what you're doing right now. This is an order kid. Get here in the next 10 minutes or I'll have your ass in a sling, capeesh? He turned back to her with a big dumb grin on his face. It's all set miss, just have a seat and I'll take care of everything for you.

Smoken D:
Smoken D practically choked on his tea when he saw how quickly the girl turned the bartender on his head. It was a fantastic show. She had to be part of the team. No way she'd be here for any other reason. A few minutes later an young ork walked in wearing black from head to toe. He was smoking what looked like a self-made cig of all things.

Teckster:
His HUD was showing that it was 11:24. He'd made it with a couple of minutes to spare. There was a four armed woman with the craziest hair he'd ever seen at the bar. The Bar tender was practically a gibbering mass of sexual desire.

The only other person in the place was the human sitting at a table. They locked eyes for a brief moment before Teckster exhaled from his last draw and the smoke briefly hid the figure from his view. As the smoke thinned, he saw that the man was engrossed in a cup of tea or coffee.

Catalina:
Angelo's Ferrari pulled up outside THE Sports Bar at exactly 11:25. That was Angelo. Always precisely on time. The idea of Angelo being even a minute late was almost a scary thought to Catalina.

She paused for a moment, hoping he would give her some further instructions. She was a little worried about dealing with a team from outside the agency. She'd never done it before.

Angelo handed her a credstick. You're name is Katrina Riggs. You work for the Seasource Archives, Downtown Branch on Seneca and 4th. You are on your lunch break. Repeat that back to me.

After she said it twice, Angelo continued. You will meet with a man, he is a human named Trotter. He will explain the job, you will accept the job. You will not negotiate, however, others might. This is allowed. You will accept whatever comes of any negotiations. You are allowed to speak to the rest of the team, but you will not mention the company. Nor will you give your real name under any circumstances. Try to be friendly and personable. If you are successful at this mission I will take you to a dance club for one hour as your reward.

Catalina walked into the bar at 11:28. She saw the elf girl turning away from the bar, the human bartender was slack-jawed and glassy eyed. There was a black-clad ork just a few feet away heading toward a seated human drinking from a mug.

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Catalina sports bar:

"Katrina Riggs, I work at SeaSource Archives Down town branch, on Senica and fourth." She said it again, as she entered the information in her disposable COM. Her face showed nothing, but appreciation when Angelo mentioned the Club. It was not the club really Catalina herself did not like the club, But she liked doing stuff with Angelo other then training to kill people... And Angelo himself was quite the dancer. She straitened her face so as not to irritate him... "Yes sir..." was the only thing that left her mouth... At that point she was about done adjusting her COM to her background story... She even took the time to set a running clock like she was on the lunch break, at the meeting. Just in case some one was good at extracting information from COM's with out being noticed. Everything including her cred stick would be in place... She lifted the door to the white Ferrari passengers side, without any problem, and grabbed the Metal suit case at her feet. Sticking her arm out of the car with it, her slender sleek legs ended with nice shoes, but they were flats... Still some how the over all outfit worked for her nicely. The rest of her followed those legs... she straitens the pants she was wearing bring her outfit back to order. And as she did all nervousness soon left her and was replaced with a confident look of professionalism... "See you in a bit" she says and she closed the car door with a click... And she sauntered up to the front of the sports bar proper...

Inside she could tell that someone had been smoking near the entrance, and though smoking did not bother her. This particular brand was some how annoying to her... "Focus trotter we need to find Trotter..." she thought. Looking around hoping she could pick someone out of the people there, that she'd never seen before. She noticed the Various people sticking out some were quite colorful she took them for regulars... she was wrong. these were the people she was about to work with and she had no idea...

She moved to the bar immediately and looked the Bar tender strait in the eyes somewhat cold like as he looked very hot and bothered already... "I'm looking for a man named Trotter, you will as..." She stopped when she realized she was in this mans establishment, and talking as though it was an order. She thought about what Angelo said, basically be nice... A smile came over her face nothing to bright, but more pleasant could be the description. "I'm so sorry I'm on break... So lets start again Trotter? you know him...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 38
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Outwardly smiling, Siona thought with a mental sigh: Ugh, that horrible soy stuff. But in this polluted country, I guess it's the best they can manage. "That would be lovely. Turkey and cheese. Do not bother to send someone for soy milk please. Do you maybe have tea instead? I will take it over there." Without waiting for a reply, she turned, her shimmering, glimmering hair whipping behind her, almost into the barmans face. But only almost. He got a good sniff of her shampoo though. Calmly, the elf walked to a table on the side, from where she could observe most if not all of the bar.

After she sat down, Siona looked around, observing the other patrons present while waiting for the barman to finish her order.
Perception roll, scrutinizing the people in the bar. Int4+Perception1=5d (5d6. hits(5)=0)

None of them looked interesting, but just for the sake of curiosity, she switched her sight to the astral with the blink of an eye. Time and again, she got surprised by how different peoples social masks were from their real selfs. Maybe she'd get surprised today.

Assensing the people in the bar. Int4+Assensing(specialization 3)=7d (7d6. hits(5)=3)

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin


Last edited by Darkon on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Teckster walked over to the a wall to stand with a view of the bar on his way over he happened to knock over a chair that was in his way. Thinking about leaving the chair but decided to lift it back into place.Nice way to make an entrance... break the place. Standing against the wall Teckster starts a search on his comm link for any active or passive comm links and a sniffer to see if anyone is hidden. Oh ya I'm hidden best out that to passive for now. As he scans he thinks to himself Someone is going to have to come forward as the Johnson just don't know who. Oh well lets just stand and wait. Not yet ordering a drink he stands and waits to see how this is going to unfold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:15 pm

With his scan for comm signals comes up nil he decides to keep running his scan program over and over again, at the same time looking for hidden PAN's but well doing this he gets the itch to start looking into News around the city and maps on the area that the run is at Freeway Park. Well these guys might be running hidden... With the bar tender running hidden I got to be in the right place. With his spell locked onto his ring on his right hand he moves between maps of Freeway Park, News feeds and his scan for hidden very easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Siona:
The world shifted from its ever present drab color palette of the visible spectrum to the almost electric living swirl of the Astral Plane as Siona's gaze drifted across the other patrons in the bar.

The human who was sitting when she entered had a dirty smudge in his aura around his head. It appeared that it was full of high grade tech. Typical for a round-ear. Go and dirty his soul and pollute his body just to attain some modicum of power in an attempt to obtain perfection.

The ork was awakened, not quite as powerful as herself, but not gutter trash. There was a stain in his aura as well though. Of course! He had gone and dirtied himself with some low grade head gear as well. She expected that of lowly humans, but she had hoped that other metas would be more enlightened, especially amongst the awakened. Hadn't anyone taught him that those toys weakened him? Her disgust caused her to lose concentration for a moment, she had almost overlooked that he was wearing two foci, both moderately powerful. One shown as brightly as the ork, the other only slightly dimmer.

The aura of the girl who had walked in as Siona was sitting down shown as brightly as the orks, but without the smudging of unnatural additions. At least she was smart enough to not have dirtied herself.

Teckster:
His second scan picked up a handful of signals. One that was likely the bar node and three others. His search of the park comes up with a map of the surrounding area.



Catalina:
In answer to her question, the bar tender just looks over Catalina's shoulder pointed. When she turned to see what he was looking at, she almost overlooked the man standing just inside the doorway. He must have entered the bar within moments of her, and she had never even noticed him.

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1442
Age : 37
Location : Earth -5:00 GMT
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:00 pm

The rest of the group noticed the young woman turn and followed her eyes to the man standing in the doorway.

He was about 5'9" maybe 5'11", it was difficult to tell with his hat on. He was a white, human male. The only thing remarkable about him was how unremarkable he was.

Ladies and gentlemen. My name is Trotter. I believe you were all expecting me. He nodded briefly to the bar-tender who quickly exited the room. Trotter calmly bolted the front door and pulled the chain on the old-fashioned neon "open" sign in the window. Afterwards he turned back to the group.

You have all been offered the opportunity to perform perimeter security for a meeting which will begin in exactly 30 minutes. The job offers to pay 1,000¥ up front with an additional 1,500¥ upon completion. You are to guard the perimeter of the Maynard Pavilion in Freeway Park, just down the street. At exactly 1200 the doors to the Pavilion will close and no one is allowed to enter. No one is to be permitted to eavesdrop on the meeting either.

Trotter paused for a moment to make sure that had sunk in before continuing. Internal security is being handled by another team which is already on site. All external disturbances are your responsibility. Nothing should be allowed to interrupt the meeting inside. The meeting will end at exactly 1300, after which your services will no longer be required. You may depart at your convenience and you will be paid the remaining sum to the account of your choice.

Another brief pause is quickly followed by, Are there any questions?

_________________
Native Language
2nd Language
3rd Language
Trix
Spoken on comlink in appropriate color
Thoughts in appropriate color
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1018
Age : 48
Location : Chilliwack, British Columbia. Canada
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:35 am

With several hard drags he kills off his cigarette, letting the smoke drift over his face as he butts it out and immediately plucks and ignites another from the pack beside his tea. 2.5K¥ for an hours work. This is either gonna be a dream gig or hell...... I hope this is worth it. After another heavy drag he answers. I got several. Let's start with the broader strokes. 1. No details mind you but, any idea who might likely be interested. Mostly so we can better focus our attention. 2. If we do encounter 'trouble' should we not contact internal security so that they are not blind sided? 3. If it all just hits the fan and we still pull it off, is there any bonus?
Pausing for another sip of tea and another heavy drag on his cigarette. Bugger me, this tea is actually tasting good. Wonder if it's just simply killing more taste-buds or something. With a sigh he shoves the mug away and looks around, his chrome eyes pausing briefly on each of them. 4. I know what I'm good at and have a solid idea of what you want from me. I know nothing about anyone else here and, I assume, you're all in the same boat."
With two more drags he kills of his smoke, stopping himself from another in mid reach. "So to get us all at a point we can discuss actual details I'll start. Giving in he plucks and lights another cigarette. I'm Smoken D. I'm a driver, very good at it too. I also have a modest selection of drones but no armament for them. The tan Step-van outside is mine and holds my drones, as is the green sedan parked to the left of the entrance. I know which end of a pistol or SMG to hold and have one of each. With a slightly sheepish shrug he continues to smoke in long drags while watching Trotter.

_________________
Primary Language
Internal monologues / thoughts If I on a rare occasion think in a different language then the color will change to that language.
Second Language
Third Language
Matrix / comms / subvocal In color of language used.


In God we fear and Dog we love.
If you wish to experience peace, provide peace to another.


Last edited by CrowDancing on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1139
Age : 33
Location : U.S.
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 am

((OOC: sorry it took me so damn long to get a post together))

Beep... The phone call with his brother had ended, his groginess had ended for those first few minutes of hearing his only families voice once again for the first time in nearly a month had been nearly a blessing, it was a job, it was cash, and it was his family saying that they didn't hate him for leaving south Boston. He went out on his own, feeling stifled under the Brothers, like all youngsters he felt an urge to go out and venture, to make his own footprints in the sand. At least, that was how his argument with the MacManus twins was supposed to sound like.

What it really sounded like was an odd mix between Old Irish/Gaelic, english, broken english, drunken english, broken drunken english, and some strange beer enhanced language that no one could translate. After about 25 minutes of the other patrons staring at the men who had already had all their guns laid out and locked up, to prevent anyone from being tempted to draw them of course, the 3 had decided that there was only one good way to solve this argument, the traditional way, a bar fight. Sure it was hard to necessarily tell who was punching who, which arm got entangled with who's face, and when the hell a 4th guy had joined in (or who the hell he was for that matter) but it had ended with everyone standing (read: staggering vertically) face each other with bruised faces and egos, as Connor made for home to grab his gear and head for Seattle.

And his first night in this new city was so promising as well. Connor attempting to find some relief in the bottom of a pint of stout, was already in a sour mood already, he was well and truly alone, not sure if he had abandoned his family, unsure of what he was going to do here when as if the Saints from on high had smiled down on him. He had already left the bar, not wanting to get too tipsy in unfamiliar territory had heard a scuffle down an alley way, never one to let apathy run in his veins, less he become 1 of 2 things the brothers had taught him to hate, he turned down and had immediately sobered up. He saw too men accosting another stranger at the end of the narrow path, his visual enhancements let him in on a few choice details. First: the soon to be victim had a black collar with a small white bar up the middle; he was a priest. Second: and possibly most importantly, there were no cops around to stop Connor. He looked at the ground for a moment and found a tin can, he reached down, and wrote a quick message on it with the black marker he always had on him, it was lighter then rope. Tossing the can down the way, he saw it roll into the dim street light and roll amongst the feet of the strangers, Connor took this que to start walking down.

The priest had hit the wall hard when the two men had saw the can and bent down to pick it up, stopping for the moment to see what it was. "While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded" The accosters read the can and looked down the alley way to see Connor walking down relatively calmly with no weapons drawn. ]"Erin Go Bragh; this loser can't even speak english, what's this supposed drek supposed to mean anyways." Him and and his buddy had a good laugh at Connor's expense when Connor stopped walking within ten feet and smiled at them. "Y'shoulda loaded a linguasoft instead of beating up on innocent priests. My Brothers told me once That it's Irish..." Reaching into the sleeves of his coat he draws the two Ruger Thunderbolts in his gun holsters in his arms, but that's not all that come out. Out pops as well the external mounted Ruger Super warhawks, and along the hidden cyber slides out come two Ares Predator 2's, six barrels of judgement trained on each drekking fool that made the mistake of committing evil in the presence of this new Saint. "... For 'Your F!@#ED."

Connor needn't use the smartgun system built into each weapon to drop these two ghouls, they dropped the pipes they had in their hands, and the contents of their bladders, onto the ground as they took off running out of the alleyway and into the night, Connor putting the guns away for now, he didn't really intend on trying to fire all six at the same time, but he had always wanted to try anyways. The Priest was out cold, so Connor called the local hospital services, being that he had no kind of medical training himself, and waited for the Auto-Docs to pick up the poor man. The Priest had regained enough consciousness to bless his savior and ask him his name, to which Connor replied with the only quick answer he could come up with... the playing card Murphy had given him before he had taken the trip, "Saint Joker." The priest shook his head laughing as he was wheeled away, "...only a fool"

This one event had engendered itself a few things for Connor. First off, the priest had called the bar, trying to find the St. Joker that had saved him, the bartender not one for names had realized who he was talking about, glancing down to the end of his bar to the lonely orc who was studying the label on his glass o' guiness with great intent. He had heard about the fight around the corner from this place and was thankful for whoever had saved his regular from an untimely end. He slid down another glass to Connor and struck a deal with him then and there. He helps keep the neighborhood safe and sound from the punks that seam to try and infest the city, and he gets all the guiness he wants, and he gets to rent for the room upstairs. It wasn't the greatest but it was his, and it was quiet during the day. A perfect place to sleep off a few rounds of Draft. These events and many more over the last couple of weeks had apparently created a bit of a word that had somehow reached back to his family, and urged them to reach out to him, to at least let him know that one half of the Twins didn't mind the dark purple bruise over his right eye.

Connor tossed the empty beer and whiskey bottles into the trash can, ignoring the distinct lack of a bag and of the ear splitting sound of glass breaking that did not help his slight hang over. He had checked the time again and again through out the day, spend each moment gearing up for the night ahead, donning his armor, clothes, and various other gears. Packing up and loading extra clips and speed loaders for each gun, cleaning and loading said guns and packing them away in their appropriate places on his person before heading out of his apartment, geared and ready for the night ahead. "Oy Kyle, Y'Be getting paid this month after all it seams, see ya later.

Connor had headed out onto the town, with every intent on showing up to the meeting just slightly early and catching the entirety of the meeting along with the crew he'd be working with.

He had in point of fact arrived very early, early enough that he had taken a seat in a hidden corner, the Johnson had already arrived and saw him, mearly nodded and stepped out as Connor saw the other folks enter as well, one by one. A smoker and a few others he didn't honestly have a clue about either, he didn't bother trying to size them up. He'd be meeting with them shortly as he slid up his chair to the main table, for once very unsure of exactly what to say. "well, good morning everyone and to you as well Mr. Smokn D. The name is Saint Joker, I'm glad to hear you have a gun. I do to, and he has quite a few friends as well, and i can do a few more interesting things with them then tell ya which direction they should be pointing." He realised too late that his words had followed the curse of youth, egotistical and full of brash bravado that would likely piss off everyone around him. Oh well, now's not the time to be second guessing himself, best to lie in the bed he'd just made, tilting his head with a playful smile as he took a drink from the beer he'd been holding in his hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
avatar

Number of posts : 612
Age : 39
Location : Laylines center (Calgary)
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Teckster hears the first two introduce themselves then speaks up. I'm a mystic hacker named Teckster meaning I have skills in both the arcane and in hacking. If we are going to do this protection right I should link our comms put some encryption and add some over watch to the groups comms. With that said Teckster places the butt of his self rolled smoke into an ashtray in his pocket so he could roll all his butts back into smokes. He then stretches himself and adds. I have my own wheels for the run no drones, also I'm able to usally hold my own in a fight. Also if anyone of you starts to bleed more then from just a broken noise I have a spell to aid in that area and a system in my car to help fix you up. Finishing his introduction he starts to run numbers in his head. 2,500Y that will help with patching my programs but I still need rent, hopefully this will be one of many runs to come since hacking info pays the bills but this work is starting to seem way more arctic. Teckster leans back agains the wall crossed his arms and waits to hear what the rest of the team members will let the group know about themselves. Teckster also save the map of the area and waits to get everyones comm code then will send the map to everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
avatar

Number of posts : 1351
Age : 38
Location : Near Cologne
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:49 pm

So he's going to be my employer? The word almost made her shudder. Siona put down the half eaten sandwich and listened to Trotter.

A bouncers work? She mentally shrugged. As long as I get paid. And it really is just one hour.

When Smoken D spoke up, the elf listened intently. He seems to know what he's talking about. Manure, this isn't just some trid movie. I'm in the middle of an underworld job interview. Shock and awe twisted her emotions, and her aura, for a moment, the another though dawned. This is so cool! She had almost missed Jokers speech. And when he ended, she spoke up, the sandwich all but forgotten: ”Guns are overrated. True power comes from within.” To emphasize her statement, she put her upper left hand over her heart, the upper right hand tapped her temple. While the lower hands supported her weight on the table as she stood up.

”And I agree with Smoker. If things go bad and we still manage, we should get a bonus. Don't you think so too?” She asked Trotter directly.

Negotiation roll. Charisma6+Influence1+Special3=10d (10d6. hits(5)=0) ((Argh, no hits.))

_________________
„I’m Talking to you. Don’t you understand English?” Talking
Talking for Wreck
Descriptions and deeds. Just like that.
thoughts
astral
magic and telepathy
comlinks and radio
Japanese
Sperethiel
German
Mandarin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
avatar

Number of posts : 3114
Age : 41
Location : Westchester New York
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Catalina Sports Bar:

After identifying Trotter, and right before the Bartender left She nodded thanks to him, for his efforts. Which would not have been necessary had she been patient, she noted. Metal Case in hand she moved across the bar room floor perfectly poised and making quite the spectacle of herself, as all eyes should have been on the Johnson, again she noted... Finally she found an empty table, sitting at it, and placing the metal case on the floor by her foot she listened and took note of everybody's various names and abilities...

After the introductions Catalina took note it was her turn She was more then a little embarrassed since everybody else seem to be waiting on her to take her turn. "Katrina Riggs, I work at Sea Source Archives Down town branch, on Seneca and fourth. I'll uh I'll be running support for the teams movements, to that end I'd like to get somewhere high up so i can cover all entrances, and exits perhaps the roof of the building in question. I can go in and set up before hand, and wait till its over to leave, should not be a problem for the meeting , after I'm up there. but yeah it would help if i had a 360 degree view point... OH i can use various weapons but for this i think i have just the thing..." She'd always had Angelo as a spotter who was gonna spot for her now she wondered...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   

Back to top Go down
 
Chance at the Majors IC
Back to top 
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Character: Wesley Majors

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Wreck's Games-
Jump to: